PDA

View Full Version : Sam Presti- Class Act

Tony_Starks
07-05-2016, 12:03 PM
I don't think enough can be said about the way this guy has handled this situation. Of course he's reeling but he showed appreciation at least for what KD did for the franchise. He was basically the opposite of Dan Gilbert.
------------------

Sam Presti: “Well obviously disappointed, but also very respectful of the fact that Kevin had earned the right to make the best decision for himself. And I also think it’s an opportunity to reflect on what he was so integral in building. It’s very rare that a player essentially gets to found a franchise, and see it to the heights that we’ve been fortunate enough to achieve. Four out of six Western Conference Finals, a trip to the Finals, the fourth best record in professional sports over the past six seasons, with San Antonio, New England, and Green Bay. He was truly one of the founding fathers of the program, along with Russell and Nick Collison. So there’s disappointment that that chapter has ended, but also respect for his service and his commitment. – via USA Today Sports

Presti: “Like I said before, it’s disappointing that his tenure with the organization has come to a close. But in his final season, and what I felt like was maybe his best season as a franchise we were 7-5 in the postseason against the Spurs and the Warriors. Offensively, we were incredibly successful against two of the better defenses in the league in back to back series. I think the outcome surely is disappointing, but the mettle and the spirit and the focus that that particular team showed throughout the season and into the postseason was one of the finer moments in the evolution of the organization – if not its finest moments, given the competition we were facing and the way we handled it with poise and composure and toughness.” – via USA Today Sports

JAZZNC
07-05-2016, 12:09 PM
That is definitely top notch. He deserves a lot of praise for handling this situation in that manner. He could have went the Gilbert route and instead took the high road.

Hawkeye15
07-05-2016, 12:13 PM
absolutely top notch. Not easy to be such a professional in the wake of losing a player of Durant's caliber.

Dan Gilbert should be taking notes

KnicksorBust
07-05-2016, 01:01 PM
That is definitely top notch. He deserves a lot of praise for handling this situation in that manner. He could have went the Gilbert route and instead took the high road.

Ironically everyone will say he did the right thing but Gilbert was a jerk and still got lebron back.

Tony_Starks
07-05-2016, 01:07 PM
Ironically everyone will say he did the right thing but Gilbert was a jerk and still got lebron back.

Gilbert was a total jerk and Lebrons camp were still hot about him throwing a tantrum and acting like Lebron was his property but I think Lebron felt like it was bigger than him and just got over it.

Don't get it twisted though, he has very much had him over a barrel since then and is totally dictating what's happening now. Thus the one year deals every year.

Hawkeye15
07-05-2016, 01:10 PM

if Durant was from Oklahoma Presti may get away with being a douche

JAZZNC
07-05-2016, 02:28 PM

LeBron wouldn't have come back under any circumstance if that wasn't where he was born. Don't get it twisted. If Cleveland wasn't his hometown and just another small market team he never, ever goes back. Period.

GoferKing_
07-05-2016, 02:37 PM
Kind words, but in his office he is making a Durant voodoo doll and piercing it with more than needles.xD

McAllen Tx
07-05-2016, 02:38 PM
Definitely a class act but that doesn't mean he shouldn't get fired.

He traded Harden for Kevin Martin and two 1sts which I believe we're both in the 20s cause he didn't want to pay him.

But he gave Kanter a max contract (or very close to it) who was later benched for a C who only makes $2 mil. Kanters contract went on to handcuff the organization this summer from being able to sign Horford.

Now he loses KD w/o getting any kind of recompensation.

I don't question the man and his decision to not even try to trade him last year cause I would've done the same thing. When you that close to a title you have to go for it.

But if you come up short you should be held accountable. You went from a true title contender to a middle of the pack team who's soon to have a disgruntled superstar.

RLundi
07-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Dan Gilbert is a piece of crap.

koreancabbage
07-05-2016, 03:56 PM
well I would have traded Harden either way. if he signed a max with the thunder or not. seeing how Harden plays - and the way westbrook is so ball dominant - something would have gone down in a trade. they probably could have gotten more with a maxed Harden though.

but yes, seeing the hindsight, I would have resigned Harden and then traded him.