PDA

View Full Version : Zaza Pachulia signs a 1 year 2.9 mil deal with the Warriors

sf-fanatic
07-04-2016, 07:44 PM
Vertical Sources: Free agent center Zaza Pachulia has agreed to a one-year, $2.9M deal to sign with the Golden State Warriors.

Via Twitter

sf-fanatic
07-04-2016, 07:45 PM
Is Zaza any good ? Lol i assume he plays 20 min max a game

Monta is beast
07-04-2016, 07:47 PM
Perfect signing.

Curry//Livingston
Thompson
Durant//Iguodala
Green//Looney
Pachulia//Jones

DanG
07-04-2016, 07:48 PM
This is a very good deal for them. A great rebounder plus a good FT shooter. Not a rim protector though.

Monta is beast
07-04-2016, 07:50 PM
I'd put Pachulia a notch below Bogut but pretty similar except for passing and shot blocking. Can hit free throws and will look to score more than Bogut did. Rebounding and offense have improved allot today.

ewing
07-04-2016, 07:51 PM
**** him. He's better then Moz or Ian M and he takes 3 mill to go to the Warriors. This team is going to wreak the league. Barring injury, it's a wrap

KnicksorBust
07-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Won't be the only bargain signing they get. Super teams always fill out the roster.

sf-fanatic
07-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Lol is he really better than Mosgov and Ian M ?

Players union cant be happy with taking a 1 year 2.9 mil deal.

Finally nice to have a big man that can hit free throws though

Monta is beast
07-04-2016, 07:54 PM
**** him. He's better then Moz or Ian M and he takes 3 mill to go to the Warriors. This team is going to wreak the league. Barring injury, it's a wrap

I think Moz and Mahimi are both better but he's no scrub pretty good center

TrueFan420
Couldn't be happier. He's a great piece to add to the team. Hope Andy V comes back too tho as Zaza isn't the defender Bogut was.

nycericanguy
call me crazy but I think this could be an upgrade over Bogut and Ezeli...

Zaza can play, tough player, rebounder, and now they don't have to worry about hack a center.

Damn, crazy how he gets 2.9m and Mozzy gets $72m! I think Zaza is better than Mozzy!

sf-fanatic
07-04-2016, 07:55 PM
Perfect signing.

Curry//Livingston
Thompson
Durant//Iguodala
Green//Looney
Pachulia//Jones

You forgetting about Mccaw ? I hope Barbosa comes back too

nycericanguy
07-04-2016, 07:56 PM
the bargains are starting to come in now... it pays to wait sometimes.

Jennings $5m
Sessions $6m
Zaza $2.9m

IndyRealist
07-04-2016, 07:57 PM

Players union doesn't care. Players on the whole make just about the same no matter what contracts are handed out.

BKLYNpigeon
07-04-2016, 07:58 PM
Great signing. Zaza is an excellent passer.

ManRam
07-04-2016, 07:59 PM
that's an amazing get.

and he's incredibly pesky and unlikable. so he'll fit right in.

ewing

he's a goon that plays really smart. basically its like that brought Bogut back. here is a nice article on his defense. I personally would rather have him then Ian or Mozz

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/12/2/9837458/zaza-pachulia-mavericks-bucks-breakdown-stats

Monta is beast
You forgetting about Mccaw ? I hope Barbosa comes back too

Yeah my fault. But Kerr doesn't like to play rookies anyway so he'll probably get minutes similar to how Macadoo got minutes last year.

Monta is beast
07-04-2016, 08:04 PM
The more I think about it he could end up being more effective than Bogut. Warriors are gonna kill it in the regular season like last year, but playoffs are about match ups and superstars. Warriors can play Zaza without teams being able to hack him and still have Curry-Thompson-KD-Green running the offense. He's a good passer not on Boguts level, he's a good rebounder a little better than Bogut imo and he's a ruggid dude. He's gonna tick some people off

Monta is beast
07-04-2016, 08:05 PM
So

Curry//Livingston
Thompson//FA//Mccaw
Durant//Iguodala//Mcaaw
Green//Looney//FA
Pachulia//FA//Jones

Meth
07-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Wow, and they got him at such a bargain. I thought he'd cash in this off season, too.

Monta is beast
07-04-2016, 08:09 PM
I expect Klay Thompson and Draymond Green to have unreal efficient seasons

ciaban
07-04-2016, 08:10 PM
Perfect signing.

Curry//Livingston
Thompson
Durant//Iguodala
Green//Looney
Pachulia//Jones
I think he'll be a solid back up for the warriors. Who starts at Center though.

Monta is beast
07-04-2016, 08:12 PM
Pachulia will start. Kerr doesn't like to play Draymomd at Center allot. It's 4-5 minutes at a time.

tredigs
07-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Pachulia will start. Kerr doesn't like to play Draymomd at Center allot. It's 4-5 minutes at a time.

He'll definitely start and play 20-25 minutes a night. Such a huge get for GS, especially considering their lack of other options. Nearly 80% foul shooter the past few years, tough presence and good rebounder. Literally may have left EIGHT FIGURES on the table to sign here. That's incredible.

Their rim protection is still weak, but GL outscoring that squad, dear lord.

5ass
07-04-2016, 08:21 PM
One more guy they could sign is Dedmon, but hopefully they don't lol. He's a huge athletic shot blocker and rebounder.

ciaban
07-04-2016, 08:27 PM

Yeesh, they're going to have trouble rebounding.

CHANGO
07-04-2016, 08:38 PM
LMAO 3 ****ing millions. He definitively wants a ring. WOW...

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 08:41 PM
Pachulia is Andrew Bogut minus the injuries (sorta) and rim protection. For $3 million, this is a steal. Plus, he plays dirty.. which is great if you can get away with it.

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 08:57 PM
FML he is better than bogut... When did this signing ****ing happen

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 09:02 PM
FML he is better than bogut... When did this signing ****ing happen

Not really. Bogut is more defense-oriented. Warriors lose rim protection big time. He's good for $3 million and this was a no-brainer move since they had to get rid of Bogut anyways to get KD.

TrueFan420
07-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Not really. Bogut is more defense-oriented. Warriors lose rim protection big time. He's good for $3 million and this was a no-brainer move since they had to get rid of Bogut anyways to get KD.
Yea that's a huge loss. Zaza has other qualities tho. He brings more offensively. He can pass out of the post like Bogut and is a good rebounder. But defensively Bogut will be missed. Hoping Andy V is brought back to supply the rim protection.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-04-2016, 09:11 PM
He deserves like a $10 mil contract relative to the market. Discount for sure.

CHANGO
07-04-2016, 09:14 PM
He deserves like a $10 mil contract relative to the market. Discount for sure.

10 MIL?? He deserves easily 12 or 13 I mean. ****ing Mozgov got 16. LMAO

People are underrating him tho, he is not Bogut defensively but he is a better offensive weapon. Same toughness but he actually have a jumpshot and a post game. This was a big steal.

DR_1
07-04-2016, 09:18 PM
that's an amazing get.

and he's incredibly pesky and unlikable. so he'll fit right in.

The Warriors are hardly unlikeable, and I'm not a Warriors fan

sf-fanatic
07-04-2016, 09:20 PM
Another player taking the easy road and joining the nba finals favorites. What does this do to Zaza's legacy ?

BKLYNpigeon
07-04-2016, 09:49 PM
Zaza is a coward. took the easy way out.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 09:51 PM
Yea that's a huge loss. Zaza has other qualities tho. He brings more offensively. He can pass out of the post like Bogut and is a good rebounder. But defensively Bogut will be missed. Hoping Andy V is brought back to supply the rim protection.

Andy V hasn't been a rim protector since three years ago. Dude just flops to make himself useful. Any team looking for a flopper should invest in Andy V. He's incredibly useless.

sf-fanatic
07-04-2016, 09:54 PM
Andy V hasn't been a rim protector since three years ago. Dude just flops to make himself useful. Any team looking for a flopper should invest in Andy V. He's incredibly useless.

X2 Andy V seems useless. As a Warrior fan, it was kind of cringe worthy to watch him during the finals. The only thing he can do well is get under the skin of opponents.

sf-fanatic
07-04-2016, 09:59 PM
Zaza is a coward. took the easy way out.

Dallas will be burning thousands and thousands of his jerseys. I wonder how GSW will incorporate a 5th superstar in their lineup. Only one basketball

ewing
07-04-2016, 10:00 PM

i don't think it is a huge loss. Zaza is big physical guy who gets in the way of drivers. Its not like Bogut was blocking shots left and right. They are both pretty flat footed but good using there body and playing position D.

TrueFan420
07-04-2016, 10:06 PM

He's more than just a flopper. He's a good passer of the ball. Solid defender and yes he's still a capable rim protector. He's not in the same breath as Bogut but players driving do have to worry about him. He's just overshadowed by his blatant flopping.

TrueFan420
07-04-2016, 10:08 PM
i don't think it is a huge loss. Zaza is big physical guy who gets in the way of drivers. Its not like Bogut was blocking shots left and right. They are both pretty flat footed but good using there body and playing position D.

Eh huge loss might be strong but it's a big loss. He's been an anchor for our defense and while Zaza might be solid Bogut is a much better defender.

LA_Raiders
07-04-2016, 10:21 PM
Good deal, they still need another big man.

aman_13
07-04-2016, 10:29 PM
Bogut>>Zaza

JasonJohnHorn
07-04-2016, 10:37 PM
I'm really happy for him. Dude has been an underrated C in this league for a decade now. He's a solid all-around player, works hard, and is very professional from what I've seen. I felt bad that he wasted so many seasons in ATL when they weren't playing terribly well. They had a few solid playoff showings, but never really contended.

I feel like casual fans or even fans that follow a fair bit have never gotten a chance to really appreciate this guy. I hope he and Anderson V. both play really well next season and stay healthy. It would be nice to see both these guys make a big contribution to a championship run.

tredigs
07-04-2016, 10:40 PM
He's more than just a flopper. He's a good passer of the ball. Solid defender and yes he's still a capable rim protector. He's not in the same breath as Bogut but players driving do have to worry about him. He's just overshadowed by his blatant flopping.

Couldn't disagree more. Andy V was among the worst players on the court on both ends most games he played. He was horrible and will not be missed if gone; the stats back that up in droves. Bogut and to a lesser extent Ezeli's rim protection will probably be missed a bit, but let's be honest, these guys were down to 16 and 8 mpg respectively in the post-season. They're replaceable by the additional qualities of the current bigs on the roster imo. Given the choice I would actually rather have Zaza than Bogut, who we always had to worry about injury wise.

tredigs
07-04-2016, 10:42 PM
Good deal, they still need another big man.

They drafted a 21 yr old Ezeli, basically. He'll likely shore up 10-12 mpg (or 15+ given that there will likely be a lot of garbage time next season for GS). Then Draymond gets the rest at C.

Giannis94
07-04-2016, 11:00 PM
the bargains are starting to come in now... it pays to wait sometimes.

Jennings $5m
Sessions $6m
Zaza $2.9m

Lol Jennings isn't a bargain. Thats an overpay on him

Scoots
07-04-2016, 11:07 PM
Rookies jones and carter with mccaw at the end of the bench.

Barbosa may come back and thats probably the end.

Remember after curry, kd, klay, iguodala, green, pachulia, and livingston there are really only around 30 minutes for the rest of the roster.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 11:07 PM
Lol Jennings isn't a bargain. Thats an overpay on him

15 players

$95 million salary cap.

= $6.3 million per player.

He's below the average if you consider that... he's worth it. A solid pickup for a bench booster. Needs to work on his game other than scoring but should be easier for him to adjust since he has zero expectations. Plus, ONE YEAR. Jennings is going to be playing for a contract next season. Expect a motivated Jennings.

CardinalRed24
07-05-2016, 01:07 PM
Really love this move for the Warriors. He fits perfectly.