PDA

View Full Version : Your top 5 worst contracts that were handed out this offseason?

GiantsSwaGG
07-04-2016, 04:38 PM
1. Mozgov
2. Barnes
3. Noah
4. Jon Luer
5. Conley

What are yours?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Mozgov
Luer
Turner
Hill
E.Moore

Conley too ... crazy

Teeboy1487
07-04-2016, 05:01 PM
1.Durant
2.Whiteside
3.Hortford
4.Conley
5.Howard

DboneG
07-04-2016, 05:04 PM
You have to add Tyler Johnson to the list.

mike_noodles
07-04-2016, 05:09 PM
You have to add Tyler Johnson to the list.

I came here to say that.

Conley's is disgusting too.

I said it in the Raps forum and I'll say it here. GM's are going to be praying for a new amnesty clause in the next CBA.

nycericanguy
07-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Mosgov & Deng strike me as the worst, simply because there is no potential there, you have Mosgov who at 30 is what he is and that is a career 3rd stringer. To top it off he's coming off knee surgery now.

Deng has been declining since he was 28, again no upside there with him at 31 now.

Conley's is pretty bad too but at least he's still damn good and MEM can win now with him.

Crawford & rivers were bad but the Clips couldn't have otherwise used the cap space...

I understand the Nets taking a chance on TJ, it has reward potential.

but I just can't think of a reason to give Mosgov & Deng $144m over the next 4 years...

FraziersKnicks
07-04-2016, 05:33 PM
1. Timofey Mozgov
2. Tyler Johnson
3. Solomon Hill
4. Luol Deng
5. Jon Leuer

Honourable mentions: Garrett Temple, Evan Turner, Joakim Noah (health dependent)

As bad as Conley's contract is, he's an All-Star player and they needed to keep him.

As for steals:

1. Al Jefferson
2. Pau Gasol
3. Courtney Lee
4. Cole Aldrich
5. Brandon Jennings

uprightciti
07-04-2016, 05:39 PM
1. Conley
2. Tyler Johnson
3. Mosgov
4. Barnes
5. Hill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
07-04-2016, 06:00 PM
How is it that there are no Clippers deals on these lists?

Bostonjorge
07-04-2016, 06:02 PM
Contract details haven't been revealed yet so can't say what's bad and worst. If Moz and Deng have team options then they are on the best contracts category.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-04-2016, 06:07 PM
You Knick fans are hilarious. You guys sign a guy who has played worse than Mozgov for the past 3 years to even more money who is also older, more injury prone, and yet Mozgov is the bad signing? Pretty funny.

There is one valuable asset on the entire team and you guys choose to waste money on Carmelo getting a chance at a second round appearance. Teams that spin their wheels signing big-name guys to Big Money never learn their lesson I guess. No matter who is in charge.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-04-2016, 06:09 PM
So Mahinmi, who got the exact same contract of mozgov, is the same age, and has had a worse career is a better signing? Got it.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-04-2016, 06:11 PM
1. Timofey Mozgov
2. Tyler Johnson
3. Solomon Hill
4. Luol Deng
5. Jon Leuer

Honourable mentions: Garrett Temple, Evan Turner, Joakim Noah (health dependent)

As bad as Conley's contract is, he's an All-Star player and they needed to keep him.

As for steals:

1. Al Jefferson
2. Pau Gasol
3. Courtney Lee
4. Cole Aldrich
5. Brandon Jennings

So Courtney Lee with his 10 Per at 30 is a steal, when Jordan Clarkson is twice the player and got the same amount of money? Got it.

xxplayerxx23
07-04-2016, 06:13 PM
Moz sucks, Noah was top 5 in MVP race: where was moz lol

shep33
07-04-2016, 06:14 PM
1. Conley
2. Parsons
3. DeRozan
4. Noah
5. Beal/mahimi/Mozzy

DanG
1. Austin Rivers (probably the worst player in the NBA)
2. Jamal Crawford (12M for a 36yo)
3. Solomon Hill
4. Timofey Mozgov
5. meh

SINCESTARBURY25
1.Mozgov (should be 4 years 40 million)
2.Conley (will end up like Gilbert)
3.Evan Turner (max 45 million)
4.Joakim Noah (Even though I like the guy. Should be in 50 million range)
5.Harrison Barnes (they kinda got stuck with a poison pill that OKC didn't match but Barnes isnt bad.)

honorable mention (Demar Derozan. Guy probably will earn the money but this deal could backfire).

shep33
07-04-2016, 06:15 PM

What year was that again? Lol they're both bad deals. Hell Mozzy is at least healthy. But these aren't anything to gloat about lol

nycericanguy
07-04-2016, 06:18 PM
What year was that again? Lol they're both bad deals. Hell Mozzy is at least healthy. But these aren't anything to gloat about lol

There is upside with Noah if he's healthy though...we know he can play if he's healthy and be a top 5-10 center. and I expect him to be rejuvenated next year and have a big season. but Mozzy even when healthy has been a 3rd stringer...

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-04-2016, 06:20 PM

He was in the MVP race last year? How about the year before? Is that really your argument. How has he done these past couple years? Do you guys have a time machine that nobody else knows about that Rose, Noah, and Melo are going to be able to step into? Why would you guys do this to porzingis? Shouldn't he start developing with players around his same age? So when he's ready to contend he has these albatrosses hanging around his neck?

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-04-2016, 06:22 PM
There is upside with Noah if he's healthy though...we know he can play if he's healthy and be a top 5-10 center. and I expect him to be rejuvenated next year and have a big season. but Mozzy even when healthy has been a 3rd stringer...

3rd Stringer? He has been a starter his entire career except last year. Knee surgery will do that to a person. I think that's the first time I've ever heard somebody say 31 year old has upside

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-04-2016, 06:24 PM
1.Mozgov (should be 4 years 40 million)
2.Conley (will end up like Gilbert)
3.Evan Turner (max 45 million)
4.Joakim Noah (Even though I like the guy. Should be in 50 million range)
5.Harrison Barnes (they kinda got stuck with a poison pill that OKC didn't match but Barnes isnt bad.)

honorable mention (Demar Derozan. Guy probably will earn the money but this deal could backfire).
You have seen bench players get 72 million right? You have not adjusted for the numbers yet. Next season, mozgov deal is equivalent to a 4 year 36 million dollar deal if it were under the seventy-million-dollar cap like this last summer. People wouldn't be *****ing then

nycericanguy
07-04-2016, 06:26 PM
3rd Stringer? He has been a starter his entire career except last year. Knee surgery will do that to a person. I think that's the first time I've ever heard somebody say 31 year old has upside

the Noah deal has upside, not Noah...

Mosgov plays 18mpg for his career and has never come close to even playing 30mpg... he started some games but he's come off the bench 160 out of 369 career games... 3rd stringer maybe was a bit harsh, but he's definitely not a career starter.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-04-2016, 06:38 PM
the Noah deal has upside, not Noah...

Mosgov plays 18mpg for his career and has never come close to even playing 30mpg... he started some games but he's come off the bench 160 out of 369 career games... 3rd stringer maybe was a bit harsh, but he's definitely not a career starter.

Noahs deal is fine. You have to spend money somewhere and he was a very good center. You might as well make it interesting for the fans if you know you cant win a championship. I see why these guys are getting these deals. Next year, Noahs deal is equivalent to 4 years and $44 million. That's not crazy.

I just don't like when guys say Mozgov's deal is atrocious when they are fans of teams who have signed the same player or even worse for the same or even more money. Where is Mahinmi on everyones list? Has anyone checked his numbers? How is a guy like Mozgov, who everyone saw his value in last finals now considered a 3rd stringer?

If you were the Lakers, would you sign another 23 year old in Bismack that you would have to develop? He was the only other target that they might have a chance at. Or would you try to get a player that wont get in the way of the 5 kids you already have? While serving a purpose of being a center, who has good defensive impact and was a very good pick and roll player?

Laker fans didn't like the deal because it was so early. They don't like that he was the guy that was called at 12:01 am because we have been putting in lineups of Whiteside and Durant together since the season ended. Hearing Mozgov as your big target is a let down no doubt. But we now know what the Lakers knew weeks ago. All the big free agents who are in their 30's did not want to babysit a bunch of kids coming off a 19 win season. If Mozgov was signed yesterday to this exact contract, it would be no big deal. We just wanted to at least hear we went after the big guys and they turned us down. But that already had happened weeks before.

mavwar53
07-04-2016, 07:06 PM
1. Parsons (too many injury issues for a max deal)

2. Mozgov (why did they go after this guy like he was a superstar? And why 4 years?)

3. Barnes (the "max offer" means an obvious overpayment, did Dallas have much of a choice though?)

4. Leuer (I don't remember him playing much at all last year, fits the unknown names of DET by general public)

5. Deng (Again why 4 years? He's a good complementary player n a winning team, don't understand the fit considering his age.)

breakbad
07-04-2016, 07:27 PM
Noahs deal is fine. You have to spend money somewhere and he was a very good center. You might as well make it interesting for the fans if you know you cant win a championship. I see why these guys are getting these deals. Next year, Noahs deal is equivalent to 4 years and $44 million. That's not crazy.

I just don't like when guys say Mozgov's deal is atrocious when they are fans of teams who have signed the same player or even worse for the same or even more money. Where is Mahinmi on everyones list? Has anyone checked his numbers? How is a guy like Mozgov, who everyone saw his value in last finals now considered a 3rd stringer?

If you were the Lakers, would you sign another 23 year old in Bismack that you would have to develop? He was the only other target that they might have a chance at. Or would you try to get a player that wont get in the way of the 5 kids you already have? While serving a purpose of being a center, who has good defensive impact and was a very good pick and roll player?

Laker fans didn't like the deal because it was so early. They don't like that he was the guy that was called at 12:01 am because we have been putting in lineups of Whiteside and Durant together since the season ended. Hearing Mozgov as your big target is a let down no doubt. But we now know what the Lakers knew weeks ago. All the big free agents who are in their 30's did not want to babysit a bunch of kids coming off a 19 win season. If Mozgov was signed yesterday to this exact contract, it would be no big deal. We just wanted to at least hear we went after the big guys and they turned us down. But that already had happened weeks before.

Duuuude, it's extremely obvious it's because it's the Lakers. That's fine. I'm sure everyone Laker hating would trade being the most hated team for as much success as we've had.
I think the Knicks are doing what Brooklyn did in getting Joe and KG and Pierce and D-will to go with Brook. It's like a poor man's version of super team building, which putting together a Miami or now Warriors type of super team may be the hardest thing to do in all of sports. So obviously NYK would love to acquire a championship super team, but since they can't, they like NEED to be competitive.

We've won two championships in the last decade, and three more the decade before that, so it SHOULD be fine if we have to rebuild, but I guess it's not since we're the Lakers, haha.
People are brutal on the Knicks just because I guess they're in NY and it puts tons of pressure on them to be competitive, which is why when they're not for more than two years Dolan fires everyone and no one ever gets a chance to build s^^t. Noah, Porzingis, Melo, Lee, Rose, Jennings as 6th man. I think that looks pretty good. Before they stupidly fired Thibs, it was Butler, Dunleavy, and Pau in-between Rose and Noah and everyone thought they were LeBrons biggest threat. Would you take them three over Melo, Zinger and Lee? Idk if I would. Rose hasn't been Rose for a LONG time. And Noah never has been super explosive, he hustles and is an elite passer and defender and leader. But if your argument is they are just going to always be hurt and not be on the floor, I can't argue with you cause none of us know. But I'd like to assume Millionaire Doctors who advise on that for these teams know more about the probability of these players being healthy than any of us do, lmao.

Dumb *ss Stephen A. Smith and tons of other people were ALREADY calling for Phil to be fired this season. His second season. After stealing Porzingis. Wtf. If they tried to tank this year, Dolan would clear house AGAIN, cause he always folds to all the pressure. That's his biggest flaw as an owner. So I don't blame Phil for going all in with vets to be competitive.
Brooklyn sacrificed their ENTIRE future to build that team and now they're in the worst situation ever, so at least NYK didn't trade like ALL their picks for Noah and D Rose.

As for Moz, as recent as the first half of last years finals he was the "Warrior killer" haha. And in the middle of that season he was worth two firsts. And before that he was THE piece the Nuggets and Knicks hassled on in the Melo trade, so the notion of him always being this 3rd string scrub is ridiculous. Knee surgery last off-season, switch to small ball with LeBron playing a lot of 4 in THE MOST crowded front court in the league landed him on the bench. Fine. He isn't the worst signing.

Idk how anyone is gonna try and argue anyone's contract and money THIS off-season. They're, like, ALL freaking horrible looking right now cause we're all used to the old cap. Just like last year it seemed like every player was getting SO over-paid, and now this year we look back like wow that was a dumb narrative them contracts all look golden. And next off-season, it'll be the same thing. Such a dumb thing to argue about right now. hahahaha

Cracka2HI!
07-04-2016, 07:56 PM
1. Austin Rivers (probably the worst player in the NBA)
2. Jamal Crawford (12M for a 36yo)
3. Solomon Hill
4. Timofey Mozgov
5. meh

LOL a the 2 Clipper contracts being the worst from a Laker fan :laugh:

LaLa_Land
07-04-2016, 08:19 PM
1. Solomon Hill - This was unspeakable. The guy averaged 4ppg/3reb in 14 minutes.
2. Evan Turner
3. Mike Conley - He's a lifetime Grizzly, so there is some sentimental value there. But wow, $30m+ per year.
4. Biyombo - A finger-waving joke of a player.
5. Dwight Howard

As for this Noah/Mozgov debate above - they are for all intents and purposes the same player. They are the two strongest, heaviest guys in the league. They don't demand the ball - they are the meathead enforcers. Noah is a known commodity, but a very crippled commodity at that. If you're knocking Mozgov, you either haven't seen him play prior to this past season, or you don't remember that Cleveland gave up two 1st rounders to obtain him just recently. As a Laker fan, I'm not thrilled with the length of Mozgov's contract - but price wise, we are in a new age and the Noah/Mozgov deals reflect this new value system.

Chaotic98
07-04-2016, 10:11 PM
1) Mozgov
2) Biyombo
3) Mahimi
4) Rivers
5) Noah
6) Deng
7) Leuer
8) Solomon
9) Parsons
10) Barnes

goingfor28
07-04-2016, 10:15 PM
How is it that there are no Clippers deals on these lists?

While Austin is way overpaid, and Jamal is too to a lesser extent, they couldnt have gone out and spent the money elsewhere. Might as well keep those 2.

shep33
07-04-2016, 10:29 PM
See I think the supercontracts for fringe all-stars or not even all-stars are the worst.

Conley by far is the worst one to me, followed by Parsons. Barnes is up there, Beal, DD, and Horford.

I actually hate the Horford contract. Dude is 15 and 7 and was a no show against the Cavs (averaged 3.5 rpg).

LA_Raiders
07-04-2016, 10:30 PM
1- Mozgov ( this is one of the worst ever)
2- Deng (lol, lakers are just paying to come to a sorry *** management)
3- Rivers (daddy gave him the deal)
4- Noah (not worth half of that, he declined the last 2 years drastically)
5- Parsons (dude can't play a full season)

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-05-2016, 12:10 AM
I am suprised to see biz on 2 lists .... I know 17.5 was high before but in this market I expected to see biz get closer to 20. I had no clue we would sign him so when we did I was like o god how bad is the $$$ and I was shocked it was closer to 18 a year. Kid is 23 with tons of room to build off a good year. I mean he got only a little more yearly then moz.

But errrbody has their opinions

HandsOnTheWheel
07-05-2016, 01:58 AM
Why do people think Tyler Johnson was a bad signing? Guy lit it up when he played.

I thought it was a good signing if anything.

Scoots
07-05-2016, 11:37 AM
Why do people think Tyler Johnson was a bad signing? Guy lit it up when he played.

I thought it was a good signing if anything.

Because people by and large only look at the box-score numbers.

LeonFSU
07-06-2016, 12:04 PM
Dellavedova has to be one of them.

Hawkeye15
07-06-2016, 12:16 PM
I came here to say that.

Conley's is disgusting too.

I said it in the Raps forum and I'll say it here. GM's are going to be praying for a new amnesty clause in the next CBA.

yep. There is going to be a lot of buyer's remorse in about 2 years...

Hawkeye15
07-06-2016, 12:18 PM
1. Timofey Mozgov
2. Tyler Johnson
3. Solomon Hill
4. Luol Deng
5. Jon Leuer

As for steals:

1. Al Jefferson
2. Pau Gasol
3. Courtney Lee
4. Cole Aldrich
5. Brandon Jennings

except, he has never made an ASG....and he now gets paid on average over $30 million a year. Think about that

Hawkeye15
07-06-2016, 12:25 PM
1. Conley
2. Parsons
3. DeRozan
4. Noah
5. Beal/mahimi/Mozzy

yeah not sure how people are leaving out DeRozan and Beal...

this really should be extended to worst 10 contracts. Evan Turner, a fringe starter, will now be paid $17.5 million a year. Cmon

IndyRealist
07-06-2016, 01:28 PM
1. Austin Rivers by a mile
2. Jamal Crawford
3. Al Horford
4. Luol Deng
5. Eric Gordon

Honorable mention: Harrison Barnes

IndyRealist
07-06-2016, 01:37 PM
From someone who's actually watched his 3 year career, Solomon Hill is worth the money. He's a fantastic slasher and finisher. The knocks on him were that he couldn't shoot and he wasn't fast enough to guard 3s. This year he developed a 3pt shot and was our best perimeter defender. He's a crazy hard worker.

And he got Eric Gordon money, for perspective.

zookman65
07-06-2016, 05:24 PM
yep. There is going to be a lot of buyer's remorse in about 2 years...

Not sure as the salary cap will be the equivalent of another max player on each team by then.

JAZZNC
07-06-2016, 07:34 PM
1-Mozgov
2-Conley
3-Barnes
4-Beal
5-Horford

I feel like these guys who are slightly above average startes getting maxed out are the most ridiculous ones. Is Horford/Conley/Barnes/Beal really worth anything close to a max??? I don't think they are.

Ishkabibble
07-06-2016, 11:28 PM
See I think the supercontracts for fringe all-stars or not even all-stars are the worst.

Conley by far is the worst one to me, followed by Parsons. Barnes is up there, Beal, DD, and Horford.

I actually hate the Horford contract. Dude is 15 and 7 and was a no show against the Cavs (averaged 3.5 rpg).

LMAO at hating the Horford contract. He did 13.5 and 6.5 in the playoffs and shot exceptionally well. But keep cherry picking single statistics from select series' if it helps your point, whatever.
Steady and consistent 15 and 7 guy w/ outstanding low post defense. An unassuming player that doesn't need the ball to be effective. Yeah, what a waste of money that would be.
He's gonna be a great fit on that team.
The two jamokes the Lakers just spent $140M on and you're hating on the Horford signing? Are you kidding?
What you really hate is Boston is a helluva lot closer to banner #18 than the Lakers are to #17..

murphturph
07-07-2016, 12:15 AM
Bismack is not a bad contract. Magic fans will love him.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-07-2016, 12:36 AM
Looking forward to it murph

More-Than-Most
07-07-2016, 12:46 AM
Mosgod

Conley

Noah/Deng/Turner/Deroze/Barnes and a few others

I think Howard is a fantastic deal :shrug:

numba1CHANGsta
07-07-2016, 12:54 AM
So much hate for Mozgov lol but Conley is clearly the worst contract in NBA history.

FlashBolt
07-07-2016, 01:28 AM
Mosgod

Conley

Noah/Deng/Turner/Deroze/Barnes and a few others

I think Howard is a fantastic deal :shrug:

Deng's contract isn't that bad. He's a locker room guy with veteran presence and can help Ingram/Russell/Clarkson grow. They needed a guy like that considering Mosgov is there only other veteran at that time (now Calderon but let's be honest, who's going to listen to this guy?). As bad as those contracts may seem, don't forget they have to spend money either way. There's no way they can Donald Sterling this thing and avoid paying the players. Someone has to be paid regardless and by the looks of it, Lakers are in rebuilding mode. What do they have to lose?

Cracka2HI!
07-07-2016, 02:11 AM
From someone who's actually watched his 3 year career, Solomon Hill is worth the money. He's a fantastic slasher and finisher. The knocks on him were that he couldn't shoot and he wasn't fast enough to guard 3s. This year he developed a 3pt shot and was our best perimeter defender. He's a crazy hard worker.

And he got Eric Gordon money, for perspective.

Solomon Hill's minutes were cut in half and his 3 pt % actually went slightly down. Doesn't seem like his career trajectory warranted anywhere close to that.

More-Than-Most
07-07-2016, 03:14 AM
Deng's contract isn't that bad. He's a locker room guy with veteran presence and can help Ingram/Russell/Clarkson grow. They needed a guy like that considering Mosgov is there only other veteran at that time (now Calderon but let's be honest, who's going to listen to this guy?). As bad as those contracts may seem, don't forget they have to spend money either way. There's no way they can Donald Sterling this thing and avoid paying the players. Someone has to be paid regardless and by the looks of it, Lakers are in rebuilding mode. What do they have to lose?

I dont disagree.... The contracts are still terrible... I think Deng is an amazing fit and will help ingram a ton... I didnt say they shouldnt have done it I am just saying its a bad contract.

Dade County
07-07-2016, 05:04 AM
1) Mozgov
2) Biyombo
3) Mahimi
4) Rivers
5) Noah
6) Deng
7) Leuer
8) Solomon
9) Parsons
10) Barnes

It's just to many lol

MonroeFAN
07-07-2016, 06:35 AM
The idea that Jon Leuer is on any of these lists is hilarious.

He was easily one of the best contracts signed this off-season.

http://imgur.com/VYHquuX

You spend 10 m a season on solid per minute production. Any of you want to argue that?

FraziersKnicks
07-07-2016, 07:51 AM
except, he has never made an ASG....and he now gets paid on average over $30 million a year. Think about that

I attribute that more to the wealth of quality guards in the west. He would probably be a multiple time AS out east.

On second thoughts though... The biggest contract in NBA history? Sheesh.

FraziersKnicks
07-07-2016, 07:56 AM
The idea that Jon Leuer is on any of these lists is hilarious.

He was easily one of the best contracts signed this off-season.

http://imgur.com/VYHquuX

You spend 10 m a season on solid per minute production. Any of you want to argue that?

Per36 numbers can make a load of role players look great. Especially when you average 13.7 MPG for your career.

He's a high energy guy, so it seems plausible that he can't maintain his level of play for 34 MPG throughout his career like Horford has.

Nearly 4 FPG per36 would also put him in foul trouble most nights if he played bigger minutes.

MonroeFAN
07-07-2016, 11:39 AM
I'm not suggesting that he is a comparable talent , one is making 26, the other 10. However for his per minute production, there isn't a single argument any of you have to claim that it's a bad contract. He's more valuable than Mozgov is to us and will fit our scheme like a glove. I can pull up other numbers for you if you want? He's a bench player, I understand the 32 MPG comment in regards to the comparison, but it's not relevant. He's not a starter and isn't going to become one. He has been a solid role player on mostly every team he's landed on.

Stretch 4's come at a premium.

Hawkeye15
07-07-2016, 01:39 PM
Not sure as the salary cap will be the equivalent of another max player on each team by then.

the guys drafted the last few years are coming up

No matter how you spell it, having a fringe starter making 15-20% of your cap is suicide long term.

There are going to be some deals that have been agreed on the last week that bite teams in the ***. Period

Hawkeye15
07-07-2016, 01:42 PM
So much hate for Mozgov lol but Conley is clearly the worst contract in NBA history.

If he doesn't return to his 2014-15' numbers, and keep them up for 4 years, it's a **** deal

IndyRealist
07-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Solomon Hill's minutes were cut in half and his 3 pt % actually went slightly down. Doesn't seem like his career trajectory warranted anywhere close to that.

His minutes dropped because the prior year Paul George was injured and Solo took all of his minutes. Context.

He developed his 3pt shot during the season, because he wasn't getting as many minutes so he put in a ton of reps. In the playoffs he shot 57.9%.

strahan92osi72
07-07-2016, 07:53 PM
How is the Horford contract not getting more votes. 4 years 113 million for Horford, making like 20 million more than Whiteside and Drummond? Ugh, lol.

Ishkabibble
07-07-2016, 09:55 PM
How is the Horford contract not getting more votes. 4 years 113 million for Horford, making like 20 million more than Whiteside and Drummond? Ugh, lol.

I'd suggest watching some actual basketball.

naps
07-08-2016, 02:45 AM
Mike Conley has to be number 1, by a distant margin. I like his game but man he is overpaid as hell. He is not worth $153 mill and almost $31 mill a year, not even close. No wonder Wade is mad. Conley's 5 year contract is worth more than Wade's 13 year long legendary HOF career earnings from salary (And yeah I took the cap inflation in consideration, but still). Lef that sink for a second.

Oefarmy2005
07-08-2016, 11:10 AM
1) Conely
2) Conley
3) Conley
4) Conley
5) Conley

Did I forget to mention Conley? 5 years and $150 million+, are you freaking kidding me. I Conley a $30 million + player. His contract is as bad as Joe Johnson's was at the time.

Dade County
07-08-2016, 11:36 AM
Mike Conley has to be number 1, by a distant margin. I like his game but man he is overpaid as hell. He is not worth $153 mill and almost $31 mill a year, not even close. No wonder Wade is mad. Conley's 5 year contract is worth more than Wade's 13 year long legendary HOF career earnings from salary (And yeah I took the cap inflation in consideration, but still). Lef that sink for a second.

Hawkeye15
07-08-2016, 12:37 PM
Mike Conley has to be number 1, by a distant margin. I like his game but man he is overpaid as hell. He is not worth $153 mill and almost $31 mill a year, not even close. No wonder Wade is mad. Conley's 5 year contract is worth more than Wade's 13 year long legendary HOF career earnings from salary (And yeah I took the cap inflation in consideration, but still). Let that sink for a second.

wow, it's really crazy when you think about that.

Hawkeye15
07-08-2016, 12:38 PM
1) Conely
2) Conley
3) Conley
4) Conley
5) Conley

Did I forget to mention Conley? 5 years and $150 million+, are you freaking kidding me. I Conley a $30 million + player. His contract is as bad as Joe Johnson's was at the time.

When Joe Johnson was traded, I finally came to the realization that anyone truly is tradeable.

Tony_Starks
07-08-2016, 01:02 PM
1- Parsons
2- Tyler Johnson
3- Cole Aldridge
4- Delly
5- Horford

mavwar53
07-08-2016, 01:11 PM
All the hate on Conley's contract, I don't get it, if he doesn't get it from the griz he gets a 4 year max from Dallas or SA. Griz really had no choice, because without him they would basically be force to deal Gasol and Randolph, because they have no one to run that team if he isn't there.

All that to go along with the cheapness of the owner to pay a HC, if they let him go they wouldn't attract any FA's w/o Conley.

hugepatsfan
07-08-2016, 01:23 PM
Maybe I'm biased because I'm a BOS fan but I really don't think Horford belongs on these lists. I think he's probably overpaid but he's worth close to a max deal IMO. And the extra few million year isn't hurting the team's flexibility - I'm a big believer that you have to look at the team situation, not just the deal. He's an all star player. I wouldn't even consider him as a 5 worst signing. Not saying he's a bargain or a steal or anything either but he's not a worst contract at all IMO.

JAZZNC
07-08-2016, 02:03 PM
I'm enjoying people justifying some of these atrocious contracts these centers are getting by saying stuff like "they set good screens" hahahaha! Didn't know that setting screens and putting up mediocre numbers gets you a max.....this **** has gotten ridiculous. A lot of teams are gonna regret a LOT of these contracts as soon as this season.

Seeing all these stupid contracts makes me appreciate what the Jazz did this off-season even more. We got three guys on grea contracts and gave up basically nothing for them. I'm certainly glad we didn't get in on this spending frenzy. Does scare me what a guy like Favors or Gobert are gonna get in the free market.

naps
07-08-2016, 03:14 PM
wow, it's really crazy when you think about that.

Yeap. Conley never once made it to the all-star game. I mean I love his game and always thought he was underrrated but damn did he get paid man!

Tony_Starks
07-08-2016, 03:37 PM
Maybe I'm biased because I'm a BOS fan but I really don't think Horford belongs on these lists. I think he's probably overpaid but he's worth close to a max deal IMO. And the extra few million year isn't hurting the team's flexibility - I'm a big believer that you have to look at the team situation, not just the deal. He's an all star player. I wouldn't even consider him as a 5 worst signing. Not saying he's a bargain or a steal or anything either but he's not a worst contract at all IMO.

Kwame Brown was one of the best screeners ever! He'd be good for about 3 years $50milli right now!

CardinalRed24
07-08-2016, 03:39 PM
You can add Noah to this list.

hugepatsfan
07-08-2016, 03:46 PM
Kwame Brown was one of the best screeners ever! He'd be good for about 3 years $50milli right now!

I mean, Horford after he sets that screen is a huge threat in pick and pop (great mid range shooter for any position and great 3 point shooter for a center) or pick and roll (75% at the rim). He's a great passer. He's a strong defender at the rim and also capable of switching which is very important for a center today.

He's a weak rebounder and he isn't a dominant offensive player but overall he's a deserving all star. He isn't getting paid because he sets picks well lol

I think the full max was a little much for him but it's really an inconsequential different to pay him a few mil less per year.

Hawkeye15
07-08-2016, 03:52 PM
1- Parsons
2- Tyler Johnson
3- Cole Aldridge
4- Delly
5- Horford

are you kidding? Hell, Pelton even commented he would rather have Aldrich the next 3 years over Mosgov without even including salaries in the discussion. $7.3 million for a rebounding shot block big man who is 27 years old? That is actually a good deal.

Some Wolves fans are getting a little impatient. I for one and glad they aren't making stupid offers that will hamstring them in 3 years.

Shlumpledink
07-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Conley was bad, he doesn't deserve to be the highest paid player or make the max
Parsons was bad, he should not be a max player
I don't know why memphis is committing so much money, they aren't going to win this year and they're handcuffing their future to these guys

Barnes contract is also bad, he should not be a max player