PDA

View Full Version : Jennings to the Knicks (1 year 5 million)

mudvayne387
07-04-2016, 04:32 PM
Could be the steal of free agency.

Great job Phil. Rose insurance and perfect for the 6th man role.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/750064080522776576?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp %5Enews%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

5ass
07-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Good if healthy, but he was pretty bad last season.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 04:46 PM
Very nice pickup for that price. Would have taken him.

NYKnickFanatic
07-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Steal of free agency? Idk about that.

But one year deal, can't hurt.

DboneG
07-04-2016, 04:51 PM
Jennings was up and down last year. When his shot is on...IT'S ON!! He's a streaky kind of guy. Good move. Hopefully, Jennings will have a good year. The Knicks have made some nice moves this year.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 04:54 PM
$5 million is chump change. He's getting paid less than the average if you go by how many players you need on a team. Good pickup... no risk.

nycericanguy
07-04-2016, 04:58 PM
guys usually take a year to come back fully after ACL, Jennings was killing it in DET before he got hurt.

great move for NY... in a league where Mosgov is getting $18m and where J Craw is getting $14m per year at 36-39... this is a great signing. Heck Lee at 4/48m was also a great signing.

Knicks needed two things badly, an off the bench scorer and a backup PG, Jennings fills both those roles for $5m.

DboneG
07-04-2016, 04:58 PM
To get Jennings for 5 million. Is great! The way they are throwing money around.

Who would you rather have for the money...
Tyler Johnson or Jennings
Dellavedova or Jennings
Austin Rivers or Jennings

Brandon Jennings is just as good as these guys for a lot less.

nycericanguy
07-04-2016, 05:08 PM
If the Knicks can resign Lance & Galloway their bench isn't nearly as bad as people are making it seem.

Lance
Galloway
Jennings
O'quinn
Holiday
Willy - euro big coming over

kyubi256
07-04-2016, 05:08 PM
Good deal.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 05:16 PM
To get Jennings for 5 million. Is great! The way they are throwing money around.

Who would you rather have for the money...
Tyler Johnson or Jennings
Dellavedova or Jennings
Austin Rivers or Jennings

Brandon Jennings is just as good as these guys for a lot less.

Only issue is Jennings is too iso. That would have to change. He needs to play a three and D player who can pass. Hopefully Rose plays somewhat great.. need him to take pressure off Melo.

FraziersKnicks
07-04-2016, 05:22 PM
With some of the money being thrown around this free agency, this has gotta be a candidate for steal of the summer if he bounces back from injury.

Also great insurance for Rose.

mudvayne387
07-04-2016, 05:26 PM
Only issue is Jennings is too iso. That would have to change. He needs to play a three and D player who can pass. Hopefully Rose plays somewhat great.. need him to take pressure off Melo.

I could actually see a lineup of

Jennings
Galloway
Thomas
Porzingis
Noah

While Melo and Rose rest. Let Jennings lead that group and do what he does best in score.

uprightciti
07-04-2016, 05:36 PM
Very awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SportsFanatic10
07-04-2016, 06:00 PM
I like this one by the Knicks. Very good deal at the price, 5M really doesn't get you much value these days. And it helps plenty for the games Rose will likely miss, that is if Jennings can stay healthy himself. But on 1 year for that amount you can't go wrong.

strahan92osi72
07-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Arguably more important signing than Noah and Lee. The fact that the Knicks now have legit insurance behind Rose is huge.

DarkKnight
07-04-2016, 07:06 PM
Courtney Lee??

KnicksorBust
07-04-2016, 07:12 PM
I hate Jennings but as a dirt cheap bench spark I can get behind it. He is like a homeless version of Jamal Crawford. The right price makes me okay with it. He will have hot games and when he is cold just stick him on the bench with glue.

KnicksorBust
07-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Btw does anyone remember when Jennings RIPPED the Knicks on social media for passing on him?

strahan92osi72
07-04-2016, 07:19 PM
Btw does anyone remember when Jennings RIPPED the Knicks on social media for passing on him?

Yup, I believe it was right after he dropped 40+ points on them. I. Don't hear much from him anymore, lol. Still a good solid move tho, they needed a backup for Rose that could step in.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-04-2016, 07:20 PM
Low risk move but he was straight trash last year.

strahan92osi72
07-04-2016, 07:21 PM
Courtney Lee??

I said arguably, don't forget with Rose being fragile, Jennings is gonna have a big role on this team this year.

strahan92osi72
07-04-2016, 07:24 PM
Low risk move but he was straight trash last year.

I'll still take him over Calderon and Grant. Plus, he'll be playing in an uptempo system with less pressure, his numbers should improve. He has talent, he just needs his head on straight. Maybe playing for what currently seems like the NBA minimum wage, he'll wake his assss up.

5ass
07-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Arguably more important signing than Noah and Lee. The fact that the Knicks now have legit insurance behind Rose is huge.

Lol Jennings isn't legit insurance. Its a gamble, but low risk. Signing someone like Jeremy lin would've been legit insurance. They should still resign Galloway.

strahan92osi72
07-04-2016, 07:29 PM
Lol Jennings isn't legit insurance. Its a gamble, but low risk. Signing someone like Jeremy lin would've been legit insurance. They should still resign Galloway.

I can take him or leave him. I'd rather keep Thomas honestly. And I agree on Lin, but no way that was happening. Jennings does have talent tho and has started, he just needs his head on straight.

ohreally
07-04-2016, 08:04 PM
I remember the Knicks forum being nearly universal in trashing Jennings. That was back when Toney Douglas was the steal of the draft, and before he was the perfect PG for LeBron once he got to the Knicks.

Takng 5 means absolutely no one actually wanted him, but I like this move for the Knicks, If he can curtail his shooting and focus on passing he can be very good.

He really did always want to play in NY, so if he's healthy at all this is a great pickup. But he does need to play under control or he is going to get Carmelo royally miffed.

Lots of question marks with most of the Knicks' moves this summer, but if all works out they really can be quite good.

Noah was super when he was healthy. Hard to see him getting back to that, and four years is a long time, but at least they have one guy I can root for. Been quite a while since there was anyone on the Knicks I could really root for.

LA_Raiders
07-05-2016, 12:40 AM
Best deal of the season, if rose is able to play to his old form, they can give clev a lot of trouble.