PDA

View Full Version : Heat offer Wade 2 years 40 million

spreadeagle
07-04-2016, 03:16 PM
Dan Le Batard Show ‏@LeBatardShow 12m12 minutes ago

Heat has offered Wade 2 years, $40 million with a player option in second year.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 03:17 PM
Wade should take it. It's about as much he will get.

YAALREADYKNO
07-04-2016, 03:21 PM
He'll stay now

cmellofan15
07-04-2016, 03:57 PM
a house negro? WOW. I don't recall slaves getting paid $20 mill/year or NBA players being beaten by owners...very poor taste Dbone

anyways, I hope he takes this and the nuggets stay far away

DboneG
07-04-2016, 04:04 PM
a house negro? WOW. I don't recall slaves getting paid $20 mill/year or NBA players being beaten by owners...very poor taste Dbone

They got slap around. They got told what to do on every turn. IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY!!!

It's about dignity.

DboneG
07-04-2016, 04:07 PM
And cmellofan15 have some nerve!!!! Look at your logo!!!

SportsFanatic10
07-04-2016, 04:08 PM
I think something like 2yr/48M or 3yr/66M is what they'll end up having to pay him. They finally gave him a serious offer to work with to really start negotiations.

Wade n Fade
07-04-2016, 04:10 PM

I think the Nuggets have no need for Wade because they have two really young SG prospects with Harris and Murray. If Murray pans, that's all that matters. The Nuggets are in a good spot.

DboneG
07-04-2016, 04:13 PM
How many times have D-Wade been slapped around by Pat Riley now? Wade look very bad. VERY BAD.
He should leave. There's nothing shameful in my comment. That's what he's looking like. It's time to move on.

cmellofan15
07-04-2016, 04:19 PM
And cmellofan15 have some nerve!!!! Look at your logo!!!

my logo? what is it? I turned avatars and signatures off two years ago so I haven't seen it in a while

I think the Nuggets have no need for Wade because they have two really young SG prospects with Harris and Murray. If Murray pans, that's all that matters. The Nuggets are in a good spot.

my thoughts exactly, but I keep getting notifications about how the nuggets are in talks with Wade. We have one too many guards as it is, and the last thing we need is a guy who will dominate the ball. Wade is still good so if he leaves he needs to make the most while he's still able to compete. would be a bad situation for both parties.

DboneG
07-04-2016, 04:26 PM
Wade should take it. It's about as much he will get.

No. He should leave. Go to Cleveland or where ever, for whatever. Pat Riley slapped him around one too many times.

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 04:40 PM
HEY LOOK AT THAT ITS THE EXACT SAME DEAL I SAID ID GIVE WADE lol

DboneG
07-04-2016, 05:32 PM
Dwyane Wade has never been the highest paid player on his team. SMH! If Pat Riley don't offer a two year max contract...he should walk. PERIOD!

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Dwyane Wade has never been the highest paid player on his team. SMH! If Pat Riley don't offer a two year max contract...he should walk. PERIOD!

Yes, Pat Riley should take care of Wade and then have Miami compete for a 1st round NBA Playoff exit. You are right.

DboneG
07-04-2016, 06:00 PM
It just seems as if everything is contingent upon Wade. He's been a good soldier, he filled the stands, made the organization plenty of money, brought home titles. It's time to reward him. Unless, they have like 10-25% ownership socked away for him...something I know they won't do.

J_M_B
07-04-2016, 06:15 PM

That's all they can offer him ...

Miami only has 20M in cap left. Only way he gets more is if Riley starts gutting the roster for more space.

SportsFanatic10
07-04-2016, 06:20 PM

Miami only has 20M in cap left. Only way he gets more is if Riley starts gutting the roster for more space.

Really all it would take though is finding a team to take McRoberts 5M contract on in a trade. Then the Heat could offer around 25M if they absolutely had to in order to keep Wade. Spo doesn't like to play McRoberts it seems anyways.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 06:24 PM

They aren't getting Durant and I don't see much they can sign other than veterans at this point to help the team. This team was better this season than the next.. Lost Joe Johnson, Deng, key veterans. Not looking good for Miami right now. Bosh+Wade+Dragic+Whiteside would be 2nd in EC last season but we're looking at a much better EC next season.

Clint Olbrock
07-04-2016, 06:36 PM

They have his bird rights, so they can go over the cap to give him his full max, if they wanted. The Heat are just cheap and have low balled Wade the past 2 summers and doing the same this summer.

SportsFanatic10
07-04-2016, 07:00 PM
They have his bird rights, so they can go over the cap to give him his full max, if they wanted. The Heat are just cheap and have low balled Wade the past 2 summers and doing the same this summer.

I'm pretty sure they can't go over the cap for Wade since they didn't have Whiteside's full bird rights and had to sign him with cap space.

J_M_B
07-04-2016, 07:23 PM

No they can't use his bird rights. They need to fit his number in their cap space because they don't have Whiteside's bird rights to exceed the cap. It's why Miami has been so cautious with their cap space, not because they are "cheap".

Clint Olbrock
07-04-2016, 11:54 PM
No they can't use his bird rights. They need to fit his number in their cap space because they don't have Whiteside's bird rights to exceed the cap. It's why Miami has been so cautious with their cap space, not because they are "cheap".

Kinda, but not really. Weber is garbage I assume, waive his non-guarantee. Renounce JJ and Deng because they already have deals elsewhere, renounce STAT, Green and Wright because they are all minimum holds; if you don't want to match TJ renounce him/rescind his QO too, Haslem is old, renounce him.

With Whiteside's contract if you do all that, the Heat have $71 million in salary, that would allow them to offer Wade $23 million and everyone keeps saying trade McBob, that would allow them to offer Wade $29 million(close to his max).

As I said the past 2 summers(Wade's last two contracts) the Heat have been cheap. The wouldn't pay LBJ the max so he got it from the Cavs, they amnestied Miller to avoid paying tax, they moved a bunch of guys last season to avoid the tax.

Arison is cheap, always has been.

LA_Raiders
07-05-2016, 12:02 AM
It is time to move. 2yrs? Is low balling Thor best player ever... Go to NY or Chicago...

mgjohnson7851
07-05-2016, 12:07 AM
You're one of the few people that knows anything about the Nuggets....I like you lol.

I would be intrigued to have Wade for a couple years to mentor Harris and Murray, but I'm not expecting him to come to Denver, and I think we'll be fine without him.

TylerSL
07-05-2016, 04:49 AM
I'm chalking the whole Miami offering Wade $10 million/year as just terrible reporting/journalism brought on by a media that had an agenda. ESPN, CBS, and other outlets have been trying been trying to stir the pot by saying Wade and the Heat's relations are souring, when actually that's very unlikely. ESPN constantly tries to come up with scenarios where Wade goes to Cleveland, they are absurd. Are the two parties at an impass? Obviously, but with the reports now coming out that Miami and Wade were just $10 million apart this whole time it was clearly overblown by the media.

I'm assuming Wade initially wanted a 3 year deal ($60+ million) whereas Miami didn't want to go over 2 years($30-$40 million) because of the Over 36 rule. For Wade to agree to two years he probably wanted both more annually and an opt out so he could try to get more next summer if he had another great season. So I'm guessing he asked for $45-$50 million over 2 years and Miami countered at $35-$40 million. He then started talking with other teams and fielding offers increase his stock, hoping that once he hit the market he would get a 3 year offer.

I believe Wade's mindset has been and still is that he really wants a 3 year deal that would pay him $20+ million through his age 37 season but would settle for two years, with an opt out, if he could get the Kobe contract (2 years $48.5 million is what Kobe signed, Wade might have pushed 2 years $50 million). I believe he will want the opt out so he could either take the money next summer if he gets hurt/starts declining or he could have the ability to try to get more money next summer if he has another great year. There are obvious hurdles that Miami and Wade need to clear before they can come to an agreement and this may drag on for some time, but Miami has now offered two years $40 million and I expect more negotiation to take place. I believe Wade will end up getting 2 years $42 million or so.

Dade County
07-05-2016, 09:41 AM

Lol... Pat wont do that.

If Wade wants a 3rd year, Pat should offer him 5yrs. 5yr contract for 60mil, so Miami still has room for future signings.

I wouldn't offer Wade 3yr 60mil. If Wade wants to leave because of that, then more power to him.

Slug3
07-05-2016, 11:08 AM
Kinda, but not really. Weber is garbage I assume, waive his non-guarantee. Renounce JJ and Deng because they already have deals elsewhere, renounce STAT, Green and Wright because they are all minimum holds; if you don't want to match TJ renounce him/rescind his QO too, Haslem is old, renounce him.

With Whiteside's contract if you do all that, the Heat have $71 million in salary, that would allow them to offer Wade $23 million and everyone keeps saying trade McBob, that would allow them to offer Wade $29 million(close to his max).

As I said the past 2 summers(Wade's last two contracts) the Heat have been cheap. The wouldn't pay LBJ the max so he got it from the Cavs, they amnestied Miller to avoid paying tax, they moved a bunch of guys last season to avoid the tax.

Arison is cheap, always has been.

The problem is Wade has a 30 million cap hold. So that 49 million cap space we have really looks like 79 million with just Wades cap hold. We renounced all the other free agent players. So with 79 million we cannot sign Whiteside to his 22/23 million deal since we didn't have his bird rights either. So in order to sign Whiteside we renounced Wades bird rights as well and are at like 73/74 million with Whiteside. Thats why all we really can do is is give Wade the 20 million that is left and we also cannot sign and trade him for anything else either. Unless we get Wade signed for 20 million first then sign Whiteside, but the bottom line is in order to get Whiteside we cannot give Wade more than 20 million.

If we trade Mcbob then we are pretty much already thinning out a pretty thin roster.

Clint Olbrock
07-05-2016, 12:37 PM
The problem is Wade has a 30 million cap hold. So that 49 million cap space we have really looks like 79 million with just Wades cap hold. We renounced all the other free agent players. So with 79 million we cannot sign Whiteside to his 22/23 million deal since we didn't have his bird rights either. So in order to sign Whiteside we renounced Wades bird rights as well and are at like 73/74 million with Whiteside. Thats why all we really can do is is give Wade the 20 million that is left and we also cannot sign and trade him for anything else either. Unless we get Wade signed for 20 million first then sign Whiteside, but the bottom line is in order to get Whiteside we cannot give Wade more than 20 million.

If we trade Mcbob then we are pretty much already thinning out a pretty thin roster.

It's all in the order you execute the signings. You just have to leave $22 million in cap for Whiteside. You sign Wade first to $23 million and that removes his $30 million cap hold. The Heat are just cheap, the past 2 summers they could've paid him more than they have and didn't; same situation this summer.

With capholds they can't even give him that $20 million they have offered.

beasted86
07-05-2016, 07:21 PM

It's all in the order you execute the signings. You just have to leave $22 million in cap for Whiteside. You sign Wade first to $23 million and that removes his $30 million cap hold. The Heat are just cheap, the past 2 summers they could've paid him more than they have and didn't; same situation this summer.

With capholds they can't even give him that $20 million they have offered.
I'm sure you think you know what you're talking about, but I want to inform you that you don't know what you're talking about.

If you want to have the opinion the HEAT are cheap... fine. You won't exactly hear me defending Arison as he salary dumped multiple players to the effect that they probably won't have a 2nd round pick for the next 3-4 years all in the sake of avoiding the luxury tax. He also could have given Wade a 1 year max contract and maybe avoided this entire situation. It would have alleviated any trust issues, and possible Wade could have truly believed a sales pitch where you ask him to take a 1 year $5M deal with the gentleman's agreement that you will pay him $35M+ the next year. But instead they handled it the way they did.

But now that the opinion is out of the way, let's get down to the facts.

As far as facts about signing Wade then Whiteside or Whiteside then Wade you couldn't be any more completely wrong about how Bird Rights work. I could try and explain it, but that alone would probably be a 1000 word essay post why what you suggested is illegal under the CBA. Best I can do for now is give you these couple links:

Start here: http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm
A bit more specific here: http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q37, and read the next 4 or so questions/answers.

beasted86
07-05-2016, 07:27 PM
Miami can offer Wade the speculated $40M contract based on the cap space available and a raise in between.

I think they should just give him the 3 year deal he is looking for instead and have him expire the same time as Bosh for a fresh retool with Dragić being a potential expiring contract, and Winslow potentially being due for an extension.

TheMightyHumph
07-05-2016, 07:33 PM

Heat renounced their rights to Wade?

effen5
07-05-2016, 07:55 PM
Deng got 18....Wade at LEAST deserves 23

Clint Olbrock
07-05-2016, 09:44 PM
I'm sure you think you know what you're talking about, but I want to inform you that you don't know what you're talking about.

If you want to have the opinion the HEAT are cheap... fine. You won't exactly hear me defending Arison as he salary dumped multiple players to the effect that they probably won't have a 2nd round pick for the next 3-4 years all in the sake of avoiding the luxury tax. He also could have given Wade a 1 year max contract and maybe avoided this entire situation. It would have alleviated any trust issues, and possible Wade could have truly believed a sales pitch where you ask him to take a 1 year $5M deal with the gentleman's agreement that you will pay him $35M+ the next year. But instead they handled it the way they did.

But now that the opinion is out of the way, let's get down to the facts.

As far as facts about signing Wade then Whiteside or Whiteside then Wade you couldn't be any more completely wrong about how Bird Rights work. I could try and explain it, but that alone would probably be a 1000 word essay post why what you suggested is illegal under the CBA. Best I can do for now is give you these couple links:

Start here: http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm
A bit more specific here: http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q37, and read the next 4 or so questions/answers.

LOL I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about, thanks tho. NE one who is into basketball knows about CBAFAQ.

Lemme break it down for you, since you are such an expert but you don't have a freaking clue what you are even speaking about(i'll talk blame on my part for thinking they had full bird rights on Whiteside instead of early bird).

Let's start with guaranteed salary because that is a pretty easy jumping off point. $23,741,060(Bosh) + $15,891,725(Dragic) + $5,782,450(McBob) + $2,593,440(Winslow) = $48,008,675 That number is indisputable and serves as a good starting point.

From there you have cap holds, the most prominent being Wade's $30 million which brings that number to $78,008,675. I'm not going to include Deng's huge cap hold or Joe Johnson's because they have deals in place with other teams, I'm not even going to include Tyler's QO because I doubt you all match. But another pretty large cap hold is Haslem's at $5,424,386 which now brings that number to $83,433,061. You still have cap holds for STAT, Green, Whiteside and Wright that bring that total to $87,354,785. This is also not including Weber or Richardon's non-guaranteed contracts.

With $89,104,057 on the books and the cap set at $94,143,000 how do you even expect to sign Whiteside to the deal you all agreed upon? You only have $5 million in cap space...

Now you're squirming..

Heat should renounce STAT, Green, Wright and Haslem pretty easy. That right there frees up $8,365,679 but even so you are still only at $80,738,378. Which still isn't quite enough to fit in Whiteside. You can waive Weber but he has $218,659 guaranteed, you now sit at $80,519,719. If only there were a way to get that extra $8 million to sign Whiteside for what he agreed to, man if only, if only!

You have 6 guys under contract + Wade and Whiteside still have their cap holds so 8 slots on the salary being accounted for. Still have to add 4 incomplete roster charges. I'm using last years rookie minimum but $525,093 times 4 = $2,100,372 added to your salary is $82,620,091, still don't have the room for Whiteside.

You subtract Wade's $30 million cap hold gives you $52,620,091 + Whiteside($22,116,750) = $74,736,841 - Whitesides old cap hold = $73,756,410 add back the rest of Weber's contract if you don't want to waive him = $74,412,387 - 1 incomplete roster charge = $73,887,294.

$94,143,000 - $73,887,294 = $20,255,706(Wade's salary) would have to be signed 1st to remove his cap hold to sign Whiteside to his deal.

Well, alby I never actually did the math. Guess you all aren't being super cheap. But trade McBob and you can give Wade the $25 million he seeks, just sign him first.

If I missed anything, you can add in, since you are the expert here and I'm just so doofus who doesn't know anything.