PDA

View Full Version : Gasol agrees to sign with Spurs

leprechaun5
07-04-2016, 02:37 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA
Free agent Pau Gasol is finalzing a deal with the San Antonio Spurs, league sources tell @TheVertical.

leprechaun5
07-04-2016, 02:38 PM
Good get especially if Duncan retires. Gasol is an awful defender but he can score. Overall it doesn't really matter.

nycericanguy
07-04-2016, 02:39 PM
surprised he didnt go play with his bro, always thought he wanted to do that... but the Spurs are a great option, especially with Duncan retiring. they are going to have to bully the Warriors if they want to win.

5ass
07-04-2016, 02:40 PM
Great fit

Aust
07-04-2016, 02:48 PM
Good, gets him to a contender and gives GS some competition.

kobe4thewinbang
07-04-2016, 02:48 PM
got him on my 2k spurs team ha plus Marc kept telling him to go there

believeinNYK
07-04-2016, 02:52 PM
This is good, gives the warriors at least one other team that could feasibly beat them in the west

That top tier of:
GSW
SA
OKC
LAC

Is now just:
GSW
SA
LAC

Wade n Fade
07-04-2016, 02:52 PM
The Spurs finally landed a Gasol. I hope LeBron joins them as he can help fight this Warrior squad.

bigmac8675
07-04-2016, 02:53 PM
Good move for the Spurs

kdspurman
07-04-2016, 02:55 PM
He should've joined us a few years ago but he chose the bulls instead. Could've had another title under him possibly... Ah well. Nice addition and will be a nice high/low combo with he and Aldridge.

Jets012
07-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Good get especially if Duncan retires. Gasol is an awful defender but he can score. Overall it doesn't really matter.

Not even remotely true. Never has been

And oh ****! One of the big 3 just got even better! SA/CLE/GSW only teams with a chance this year

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 02:59 PM
Tim should resign and play backup.. He's still good for 15 minutes.

CardinalRed24
07-04-2016, 03:02 PM
If it wasn't for KD making all the noise he has, I would be gushing over this move. Gasol still has a few good yrs left in him. And is an upgrade over TD. this was just brilliant imo. I think he will fit in perfectly. And as long as he stays healthy, and is fresh and ready to go for playoffs, those Warriors do have a serious challenger in these Spurs. This team is NO JOKE. And pretty much a lock for #2 in West.

Next year is going to be CRAZY.

As a Laker fan, and HUGE Pau supporter, I love this move for him. And couldn't be happier. This is easily the best move he could have made for himself. Good for him. He deserves this. :cheers:

I feel bad for Dirk. Hes so damn loyal. took a big pay cut, and it did them no good. Its a shame to see his last few yrs waste away :/

numba1CHANGsta
07-04-2016, 03:06 PM
If it wasn't for KD making all the noise he has, I would be Gushing over this move. Gasol still has a few good yes left in him . this was just brilliant imo. I think he will fit in perfectly. And as long as he stays healthy, and is fresh and ready to go for playoffs, those Warriors do have a serious challenger in these Spurs. This team is NO JOKE. And pretty much a lock for #2 in West.

Next year is going to be CRAZY.

As a Laker fan, and HUGE Pau supporter, I love this move for him. And couldn't be happier. This is easily the best move he could have made for himself. Good for him.

What's going to be so crazy about it? It's going to be LeBron, GSW, or SA in the Finals again just like this year and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that :facepalm:

kdspurman
07-04-2016, 03:08 PM
Tim should resign and play backup.. He's still good for 15 minutes.

That's what I've been hoping since the Gasol rumors started. I think if he feels the knee can take it for another year, he definitely will.

DboneG
07-04-2016, 03:09 PM
burp.

BDawk4Prez
07-04-2016, 03:22 PM
What a coward!!

CardinalRed24
07-04-2016, 03:22 PM
What's going to be so crazy about it? It's going to be LeBron, GSW, or SA in the Finals again just like this year and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that :facepalm:

Lmao I feel ya dude.

Believe me, as a Laker fan, it aint so fun watching these teams load up on Superstars and to finally experience what if feels like to be at the bottom. It kills.
But I have come to terms w the fact that right now is not 'our time' and that it won't be for at least another few yrs. So in the meantime, I'm trying to enjoy the NBA as much as I can. And now that SA has signed Pau. The very top of the West becomes that much more interesting. Gasol loves playing for a winner, and going to a team this good with championship expectations, this will only fuel him even more. He's ALL about winning. And fits in with the Spurs way almost perfectly.
I'm excited for Warrior/Spurs battles . the growth of the Timberwolves/Trailblazers, etc.
And if Boston/Indiana can somehow get their hands on one more stud, The Cavs may have some serious competition to face before they can even think GS/SA. Miami shouldn't be counted out either.

leprechaun5
07-04-2016, 03:28 PM
Not even remotely true. Never has been

And oh ****! One of the big 3 just got even better! SA/CLE/GSW only teams with a chance this year

So you're saying Gasol is a good defender? He's decent rim-protector but overall very bad defender. Slow feet, can't handle the switches at all. Just ask the Bulls fans what a defender he is. And Btw good luck trying to slow down small-ball teams with him on the floor.

CardinalRed24
07-04-2016, 03:33 PM
This signing should also help convince TD to return for one more title run.... This isn't some some solid role player we're talking about..Pau at his best is still one of the better big men in this league and still has plenty to offer. Esp the Spurs with Pop coaching him.
SAS fans have a lot to look forward to..they're gonna love him!

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 03:33 PM
So you're saying Gasol is a good defender? He's decent rim-protector but overall very bad defender. Slow feet, can't handle the switches at all. Just ask the Bulls fans what a defender he is. And Btw good luck trying to slow down small-ball teams with him on the floor.

He's not terrible. Definitely a downgrade from Tim Duncan but which center isn't? Tim when playing is still a very elite center defensively. Spurs won here. Great improvement offensively and with his passing and rebounding, Spurs will have no issues getting beat down in the frontcourt. Also, Warriors have no lineup that will stop Gasol+Aldridge. They will need to figure out what their center will be.

DboneG
07-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Gasol+Aldridge...burp. fart... excuse me...but, these two guys together will be garbage. Stink the place up. Both are bad in pick-and-roll defense. Gasol is just a bad defender anyway. Kobe was pulling his hair out, when Gasol was with the Lakers. What did Gasol do on the Bulls? DEFENSIVELY. We know he has offense.

DboneG
07-04-2016, 03:48 PM
Gasol...I see him every tues. morning. I think that's him. Big 7ft. garbage man, riding on the back of the truck! He's a garbage man. Don't get too excited over him. You let him in, he'll stink the place up.

leprechaun5
07-04-2016, 03:50 PM
He's not terrible. Definitely a downgrade from Tim Duncan but which center isn't? Tim when playing is still a very elite center defensively. Spurs won here. Great improvement offensively and with his passing and rebounding, Spurs will have no issues getting beat down in the frontcourt. Also, Warriors have no lineup that will stop Gasol+Aldridge. They will need to figure out what their center will be.

I said in my first post that he's good get. Offensively fits great with Pop and the way the Spurs play but he's a very bad defender.

LA_Raiders
07-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Spurs going for slow play.

cmellofan15
07-04-2016, 03:53 PM
What a coward!!

LMAO dude I haven't seen you in the NBA forum in years. All of this activity here is refreshing to say the least!

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 04:03 PM
I said in my first post that he's good get. Offensively fits great with Pop and the way the Spurs play but he's a very bad defender.

Very bad is a stretch. He's average.

robdog_5
07-04-2016, 04:12 PM
Gasol has never been an elite defender but he's improved much from beginning of career especially after the Lakers lost their first finals to the celtics. He came back much improved defensively.

Good get for Spurs, fits their culture, He and Aldridge will be fine together. Both can stretch floor up to 18-20 feet easily, both can score in post and pass out of post. Offensively they will actually be very good together. Spurs just don't have enough athleticism to match up with Warriors. OKC is not their issue anymore but Warriors will be too fast/quick and too hard to guard. Parker is slowing down and not as difficult to defend as he used to be so they can't attack GSW as many ways as they need too.