PDA

View Full Version : LeBron's "Decision" vs Durant's "Warriors"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Which is worse?

*Strictly basketball decision. Sorry if your feelings are hurt that he went on television but this isn't TMZ.

KnicksorBust
07-04-2016, 12:25 PM
No poll? Might get merged.

Gotta be Durant signing with the Warriors. LeBron left a team that had ton a terrible job surrounding him with talent. He carried that team on his back every year. KD had been given teammates like Westbrook/Harden/Ibaka/etc. They were up 3-1 in the WCF this season. LeBron left to play with his best friends. Durant left to join a 73 win team. I don't even think they are comparable. At least LeBron used his decision to raise money for the Boys and Girls Club.

Bron > Kobe
07-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Lebron left a team that won 60 games.... KD left a team that damn near won 60 games. Neither is "worse" it's pretty much the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

ManRam
07-04-2016, 12:27 PM
lebron going on tv wasn't a good look. it won't ever happen again because he proved that. he wouldn't do it again, either. he's said as much.

but there's a huge difference between leaving a team that wins 19 games the year after you leave to basically start an entirely new team in miami. a super team, sure, but they had to build that team from nothing to something. it took some time to add all the right ancillary pieces. lebron and co. formed that team out of nothing, and without him they aren't even eastern conference contenders, let alone finals contenders.

kd is leaving a team that will still be very, very good without him, for a team that just won 73 games. he's joining an already established thing, and he'll fit in perfectly. it SHOULD be a hell of a lot easier.

you can't compare the circumstances

YAALREADYKNO
07-04-2016, 12:27 PM
Durant. Running to a team that won 73 games and knocked you out of the playoffs and didn't he tweet something about everybody wanting to play for the heat/lakers back in 2010 and everyone should be competitive and go at each other?

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 12:28 PM
Lebron left a team that won 60 games.... KD left a team that damn near won 60 games. Neither is "worse" it's pretty much the same thing.

Lol? LeBron never left a team that had Westbrook in it.

Bron > Kobe
07-04-2016, 12:29 PM
Lebron did the same thing. Bottomline. Im a LeBron fan, but let's call a spade a spade

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 12:30 PM
Lebron did the same thing. Bottomline. Im a LeBron fan, but let's call a spade a spade

You have no idea what you're talking about...

aman_13
07-04-2016, 12:30 PM
On a pure basketball basis, Durant's decision and imo it's not even debatable

Bron > Kobe
07-04-2016, 12:32 PM
You have no idea what you're talking about...
Fine

NYKnickFanatic
07-04-2016, 12:33 PM

It's really not the same thing. LeBron didn't leave a team for a team that had back to back Finals appearances.

LeBron didn't leave for a SUPER team, they built one. KD is leaving a for a super team, making them a SUPER DUPER team. Lol

mngopher35
07-04-2016, 12:34 PM
I am curious to see the reaction this gets because of 2010. Lebron left Mo Williams to pair up with two stars and little else in Miami (Bibby/Anthony were starting for Miami 2011). Celtics already had a nice team and Miami was trying to match their "big 3" plus rondo since none of them had talented teams. It wasn't a team already made to win with a player better than him already running the show.

Durant is leaving Westbrook and a team that should have beaten GS in WCF if he had shown up for that team he lost to. Not only that but a team capable of winning 73 games without him as well. He isn't the top dog, is leaving a much better situation, and is joining the team they could not beat in part due to his play. A historical team without him at that.

It really isn't close.

goingfor28
07-04-2016, 12:35 PM
KD easily. LeBron never got any kind of help his first go around in Cleveland. KD has had Russ and been on damn good teams for years.

SenileStern
07-04-2016, 12:35 PM
KD just joined a team that was already the title favourite without him for next season. At the same time, he has massively weakened their main opponent in the West, which makes it even worse. They have 4 top 15 players, 2 top 3 players. This is just pathetic.

Bron > Kobe
07-04-2016, 12:36 PM
So what everyone is sayin is that would have been ok for Durant to leave and form a super team somewhere else? Such a hypocritical bunch around here. The Warriors lost, their regular season record means nothing. He went to the team that give him the best chance to win. LeBron has been cakewalking through the east for 5 years due to lack of strong competition. In the West, this is what you have to do to secure a finals spot. I'm not mad at it. The blueprint was laid back when thr decision happened.

Vinylman
07-04-2016, 12:38 PM
It is simple... As a Lebron hater I can enthusiastically state that

Kevin Durant is the biggest ***** in the history of the nba and it isn't close

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 12:39 PM
So what everyone is sayin is that would have been ok for Durant to leave and form a super team somewhere else? Such a hypocritical bunch around here. The Warriors lost, their regular season record means nothing. He went to the team that give him the best chance to win. LeBron has been cakewalking through the east for 5 years due to lack of strong competition. In the West, this is what you have to do to secure a finals spot. I'm not mad at it. The blueprint was laid back when thr decision happened.

You have no argument thinking the way you are. Not many would be upset if he went to the Celtics or something.. he went to a team that are the favorites without him. This is like LeBron going to the Lakers in 2010...

Bron > Kobe
07-04-2016, 12:40 PM
You have no argument thinking the way you are. Not many would be upset if he went to the Celtics or something.. he went to a team that are the favorites without him. This is like LeBron going to the Lakers in 2010...
I thought we agreed that I didn't know what I was talking about?

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 12:41 PM
I thought we agreed that I didn't know what I was talking about?

You don't...

LA_1
07-04-2016, 12:41 PM
When you can't win the big games you're gonna run to join a super team already. KD is a bonafide *****.

Pfeifer
07-04-2016, 12:43 PM
It's really not the same thing. LeBron didn't leave a team for a team that had back to back Finals appearances.

LeBron didn't leave for a SUPER team, they built one. KD is leaving a for a super team, making them a SUPER DUPER team. Lol

Thats flat out wrong. Lebron doesnt go tonMiami without Wade and Bosh. They didnt habe to build the team because vets flocked there. At least GSW built theirbteam through the draft and trades. KD had the class to tell them face to face. Lebron giggled about ripping the hearts out of his brethren on live national tv.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 12:44 PM
Thats flat out wrong. Lebron doesnt go tonMiami without Wade and Bosh. They didnt habe to build the team because vets flocked there. At least GSW built theirbteam through the draft and trades. KD had the class to tell them face to face. Lebron giggled about ripping the hearts out of his brethren on live national tv.

We're talking about teams.. not who they made cry.. Take the emotions out of this. This is like LeBron running to the best team that just beat him in the playoffs.

Pfeifer
07-04-2016, 12:47 PM

No its like Lebron going to Miami. Just because GSW are really good already means nithing. When they formed the team in miami we all said similar things. People are butthurt because its KD. Get over it.

Chronz
07-04-2016, 12:48 PM
Its beyond reprehensible, Bron was creating a new power and leaving what had been the worst run franchise in the 4 years he was gone and went back to restore their brands.

KD had a contender already, a team with legit playoff talent.

Put it this way, the Heat without Bron aren't making 4 finals in a row and they damn sure aren't back2back champs. We've already seen what the HISTORIC Warriors are capable of. KD winning a ring there wont mean ****, it should be expected when you've stacked the deck to an unprecedented degree.

SAS is right, the most cowardly move from an alleged superstar. I will never allow his winning pedigree to influence me, Tmac could've joined the Spurs/Pacers when they were contending, he chose to build something new in Houston. He failed, but I will always respect that drive. KD took his name out of the running of AT Greats.

TLDR: Unprecedented cowardice. Wade was on the decline, KD is joining the leagues MVP.

5ass
07-04-2016, 12:48 PM
One of these guys guys was playing with Russ Westbrook and the other with Mo Williams.

Pfeifer
07-04-2016, 12:49 PM
We're talking about teams.. not who they made cry.. Take the emotions out of this. This is like LeBron running to the best team that just beat him in the playoffs.

So if they dont play eachother in the wcf its ok?

YAALREADYKNO
07-04-2016, 12:50 PM
Like tmac said WATERED DOWN

believeinNYK
07-04-2016, 12:51 PM
Durant's decision was worse obviously but I think we've been desensitized by lebrons two 'decisions' and that's why not everyone's calling for Durant's head rn

Pfeifer
07-04-2016, 12:52 PM
Its all garbage imo. Just dont get why KD is any worse.

Chronz
07-04-2016, 12:53 PM
PS

The only positive from this is we dont have to hear those worshippers who used to preach how KD was more loyal than Bron. I knew back then if he didn't win a ring he would leave but had nothing but speculation. Let this be a lesson to you (nameless fiends) all. Until the situations are comparable, we cant judge. Bron gave Cleveland the same time that KD gave his squad. It being on TV doesn't outweigh ****

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 12:53 PM
So if they dont play eachother in the wcf its ok?

What? KD went to join a historic team that were favorites even WITHOUT him. He went to join a team that beat him after KD CHOKED. Think about this, what would we be saying about LeBron if he went to join the Warriors after this season?

THE MTL
07-04-2016, 12:54 PM
KEVIN DURANT left a team that he was up 3-1 in the Western Conference Finals. A team that he just lost to, he being the major reason for their loss. Kevin Durant joined a team that just won 73 games. A team that has back-to-back finals appearances. A team that already won a championship. A team that is fully established and already is the best team in the NBA.

Durant is a punk. And I have lost ALL RESPECT for him.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 12:54 PM
PS

The only positive from this is we dont have to hear those worshippers who used to preach how KD was more loyal than Bron. I knew back then if he didn't win a ring he would leave but had nothing but speculation. Let this be a lesson to you (nameless fiends) all. Until the situations are comparable, we cant judge. Bron gave Cleveland the same time that KD gave his squad. It being on TV doesn't outweigh ****

Not to mention LeBron never had a squad like KD had during Cleveland... What LeBron would do to get rid of Mo Williams for RWB..

THE MTL
07-04-2016, 12:56 PM
This is NOT the equivalent of Lebron to the Heat. This is the equivalent of Lebron leaving the Heat for the Spurs or Mavericks back in 2011

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 12:58 PM
This is NOT the equivalent of Lebron to the Heat. This is the equivalent of Lebron leaving the Heat for the Spurs or Mavericks back in 2011

Not even.. this is like LeBron leaving to join a 73-9 historic team that won a ring without him and was favorites.. which has NEVER happened. It's completely a coward move. Like I said, don't care where he goes as long as it wasn't the Warriors or Cavs... Dude just ran away. Ring or no ring, he's a bum.

valade16
07-04-2016, 12:59 PM

Or win a single game up 3-1...

Chronz
07-04-2016, 01:00 PM

Its flat out gospel.

He never said Bron goes to Miami without the pieces in place, he said he CREATED a power. Please dont resort to straws to defend your case.

Bron created a team that wasn't winning **** without him. KD is joining a historic squad that has the cap space because their best player lacked durability in his youth. KD having the class to tell them face to face doesn't offset the talent disparity one iota. I understand its Bron and him donating millions to children struck people wrong, he will never do it again but imagien the hate had he joined a team that won and broke records without him. Its piggy backing to the fullest. Im just glad we have the quote where KD questions the league, he was hating on Bron going to Miami and look at him now. Hes topped that x10

I've said in the past that a player can never move down a ranking, but if KD fails to win with THIS MUCH TALENT, Im dropping him. I dont care how well he plays, this is the most friendliest environment imaginable. Ive already placed bets on them just making the Finals. I just hope Kyrie and Love have their best years to offset such an advantage.

lamzoka
KD with the ultimate btch move. This worst than Lebron joining the heat in 2010.

tp13baby

Durant bashes Lebron for leaving Mo Williams going to a team that had only Wade at the time.

Goes to GSW who if they don't choke, are back to back champions, even though he couldn't win with consistently being on a top 5 roster ever since Harden. Hmmmmm......

Crackadalic
07-04-2016, 01:02 PM
He's joining a team with the current mvp, possibly the best SG in the NBA and the best jack of all trades star pf/c that won 73 games

How is this not worse then lebron? I'll admit the whole TV drama one hour special was dramatic but this is weak as hell joining an established championship team like that?

Aust
07-04-2016, 01:04 PM
KD is such a coward for pulling this. Lost a lot of respect for him. He didn't do that stupid TV thing, but this should be worse.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 01:05 PM
This is WORSE.. He said he wanted the league to be competitive. Yeah, way to go, KD..

Chronz
07-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Like tmac said WATERED DOWN

Spurs were coming off a chip recently, Pacers had won 60+ games, Tmac joined Houston because he actually cared about the potential glory. I think it was a mistake but this is beyond anything I've ever imagined. My only escape is booing the **** outta him when they visit staples.

Pfeifer
07-04-2016, 01:07 PM
What? KD went to join a historic team that were favorites even WITHOUT him. He went to join a team that beat him after KD CHOKED. Think about this, what would we be saying about LeBron if he went to join the Warriors after this season?

What would you say if he went to the Cavs? I dont like it but its right on par with LBJ and at least KD told them face to face.

Chronz
07-04-2016, 01:07 PM
Its all garbage imo. Just dont get why KD is any worse.

What would you tell someone who asks why either are garbage? The reasoning you give for why its garbage is the exact same reason why one is significantly worse.

SteBO
07-04-2016, 01:08 PM
People, you realize LeBron joined a team that had just two days prior to Wade/Bosh commiting.....had only Mario Chalmers under contract. Think what you want, but Pat Riley made a huge risk and it paid off. KD is joining a 73-9 team. Not even close to the same, and is in fact, based on what LeBron was unfairly bashed for, much worse.

LA4life24/8
07-04-2016, 01:09 PM
Both were ***** moves imo. But when the Warriors likely win a chip it'll be the same with lebron people will say it was the smart move cuz they won.

Don't like what bron and KD done to the league, everyone pairing up getting buddy buddy to win rings though, meh.

Jewelz0376
Whatever it's the same to me. Lebron went to go join a super team and Durant is doing the same.

There will be crazy pressure on the Warriors to not only win, but dominate.

FlashBolt
What would you say if he went to the Cavs? I dont like it but its right on par with LBJ and at least KD told them face to face.

Just as bad.. I already said he could have gone to any team outside Warriors/Cavs and I would understand. But really? This is what he does? What a total joke.

GoferKing_
07-04-2016, 01:10 PM
Durant = shiet to me right now.

Pfeifer
07-04-2016, 01:11 PM
Its flat out gospel.

He never said Bron goes to Miami without the pieces in place, he said he CREATED a power. Please dont resort to straws to defend your case.

Bron created a team that wasn't winning **** without him. KD is joining a historic squad that has the cap space because their best player lacked durability in his youth. KD having the class to tell them face to face doesn't offset the talent disparity one iota. I understand its Bron and him donating millions to children struck people wrong, he will never do it again but imagien the hate had he joined a team that won and broke records without him. Its piggy backing to the fullest. Im just glad we have the quote where KD questions the league, he was hating on Bron going to Miami and look at him now. Hes topped that x10

I've said in the past that a player can never move down a ranking, but if KD fails to win with THIS MUCH TALENT, Im dropping him. I dont care how well he plays, this is the most friendliest environment imaginable. Ive already placed bets on them just making the Finals. I just hope Kyrie and Love have their best years to offset such an advantage.

I actually agree. I just dont see how its lightyears worse than LBJ. Its pretty well the same. Both should have stayed imo. By the way im not a fan of either team or player.

Chronz
07-04-2016, 01:12 PM

Not even close. Bron never joined a historic team that could win without him, how is it on par? Cuz of a TV special that donated millions to children? LMFAO

That you defend your case by suggesting another absurd movement makes no sense. He would still be a ***** because he wants a team to carry him to a title. Hes not better than Bron so him joining them would be nearly as bad. The only respectful move is creating your own power for a team that absolutely needs you. GS is still a heavy-HEAVY contender without KD. They would have been back2back champs had their best guys played to their potential, much like KD's Thunder.

Yanks All Day
It's called FREE agency. I will never be mad at a player for choosing a better situation. It was Kevin Durant's decision to leave and he did.

That being said, from a purely basketball perspective, Durant's is much worse than LeBron's and it's not even a question. The only bad part about LeBron's "Decision" was how he did it on TV. Otherwise, he was leaving a team that he carried for years despite a management group that did nothing to give him another star for 7 years. He then went to Miami, a team that won 47 games the year before, but was nothing close to a contender. They had to build a brand new team around 3 stars.

Durant went to Golden State: a team that was 73-9 in the regular season, had the back-to-back MVP, and was 30 seconds away from repeating as champion. They already had an established juggernaut with a Big 3. Durant just tagged along for the ride. It's a much worse look, but he was free to make that call. Can't be mad at him for it.

Jewelz0376
Kevin Durant chose winning over everything. People say it should be about winning, and no ego, and no money. Durant did the ultimate decision for winning and he gets killed. Makes no sense to me.

He chose winning over being the man, money, ego, everything. I have no problem with that.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 01:14 PM
Kevin Durant chose winning over everything. People say it should be about winning, and no ego, and no money. Durant did the ultimate decision for winning and he gets killed. Makes no sense to me.

He chose winning over being the man, money, ego, everything. I have no problem with that.

He could have won if he didn't choke a 3-1 lead, huh?

Scoots
07-04-2016, 01:16 PM
LeBron move looked worse because of the show ... nothing more.

Jewelz0376
07-04-2016, 01:17 PM

He could have won if he didn't choke a 3-1 lead, huh?

What's your point?

Yup he could've won and now he's increasing his chances to win regardless of anything else.

Pfeifer
07-04-2016, 01:18 PM
Not even close. Bron never joined a historic team that could win without him, how is it on par? Cuz of a TV special that donated millions to children? LMFAO

That you defend your case by suggesting another absurd movement makes no sense. He would still be a ***** because he wants a team to carry him to a title. Hes not better than Bron so him joining them would be nearly as bad. The only respectful move is creating your own power for a team that absolutely needs you. GS is still a heavy-HEAVY contender without KD. They would have been back2back champs had their best guys played to their potential, much like KD's Thunder.

So it's ok to form a super team but not ok to go to one? Good logic. It's literally the same thing. I think both are stupid but it's the reality. So with your logic, the Cavs can't add a star. Or what if KD stayed and they added a star? It's all the same. KD is a *****, but so is Lebron.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 01:18 PM

On a basketball perspective, no, it wasn't.

Pfeifer
07-04-2016, 01:19 PM

This

KnicksorBust
07-04-2016, 01:20 PM
Love that everyone is calling out Durant right now. Thought I was going to be in the minority. The Warriors are going to be villains. :laugh: I did not see that coming.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 01:22 PM
So it's ok to form a super team but not ok to go to one? Good logic. It's literally the same thing. I think both are stupid but it's the reality. So with your logic, the Cavs can't add a star. Or what if KD stayed and they added a star? It's all the same. KD is a *****, but so is Lebron.

Forming one is an unproven formula... Miami weren't great before LeBron came there. Warriors are HISTORIC regardless of KD... this is the equivalent of going to the best team rather than going out to make the best team. If you can't understand the difference, then there's no point in trying to debate with you. At some point, there's a "I HATE LEBRON" buzzing around you.

KnicksorBust
07-04-2016, 01:22 PM
BTW, with their flopping, illegal screens, complaining to the refs, attitude in the media, steph's mouthpiece, draymond's flexing, the way they hop around after 3's, it's going to be surprisingly easy for a lot of people to go from loving this team to rooting against them.

Big Zo
07-04-2016, 01:27 PM
At least Cleveland won't win anything ever again.

DarkKnight
07-04-2016, 01:29 PM
Which is worse?

LeBytch is worse

infernoscurse
07-04-2016, 01:34 PM
this will just lead to more teams making super teams which will only harm the NBA as a whole. More teams will tank with the purpose of getting top draft on consecutive years, fandom for low market teams will go down, teams will relocate and the Knicks will still be championless trying to run a triangle effectively. sad day for the Nba

Mell413
07-04-2016, 01:36 PM
Golden State just became the heels. The dynamic is a little different for this team now.
As far as the topic goes KD is worse. He's joining a team that has won a championship already(regardless of how it happened). Lebron didn't join a team with what 3 top 20 players (I think that's fair) on it. Golden State is an already established team. Miami wasn't this accomplished when Lebron joined it. In Lebron's case Cleveland failed him, but with KD he failed OKC. What's worse is he leaves for the team he helped blow a 3-1 lead against.

Soop
07-04-2016, 01:38 PM
Poll added

Aust
07-04-2016, 01:42 PM
Kevin Durant Verified account ‏@KDTrey5 16 Jul 2010

Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!

:laugh2:

infernoscurse
07-04-2016, 01:49 PM
lol at that quote, he will surely have to answer to that

Teeboy1487
07-04-2016, 01:52 PM
I always thought Lebron could have won championships without Wade and Bosh. He proved me right this past season. I hated the Big 3 in Miami. I thought Lebron took the easiest path towards a championship. I acknowledge those championships on his resume but the one that truly cemented his legacy to me as a top 5 of all time was beating a 73 win Dubs team in Game 7 on the road for all the marbles. Lebron earned my respect ten folds. Imagine if he does it again. He should be in the conversation for GOAT. In terms of this thread, Durant going to a 73 win team is far, far worse. I have lost complete respect for him. At least Lebron didn't leave a championship contending team. Those Cavs team were terrible. Seriously, Mo Williams was the second best player on those teams.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 01:56 PM
I always thought Lebron could have won championships without Wade and Bosh. He proved me right this past season. I hated the Big 3 in Miami. I thought Lebron took the easiest path towards a championship. I acknowledge those championships on his resume but the one that truly cemented his legacy to me as a top 5 of all time was beating a 73 win Dubs team in Game 7 on the road for all the marbles. Lebron earned my respect ten folds. Imagine if he does it again. He should be in the conversation for GOAT. In terms of this thread, Durant going to a 73 win team is far, far worse. I have lost complete respect for him. At least Lebron didn't leave a championship contending team. Those Cavs team were terrible. Seriously, Mo Williams was the second best player on those teams.

Kevin Durant made it seem as if RWB was like Mo Williams.. You could make an argument that Westbrook>KD...

Pfeifer
07-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Forming one is an unproven formula... Miami weren't great before LeBron came there. Warriors are HISTORIC regardless of KD... this is the equivalent of going to the best team rather than going out to make the best team. If you can't understand the difference, then there's no point in trying to debate with you. At some point, there's a "I HATE LEBRON" buzzing around you.

Not at all. Lebron proved in the finals his greatness. It's really just splitting hairs IMO. Both were ***** moves. I'm expecting a " I'm on Brons d" from you. It's baffling that people are using this as a defense of Lebron.

Chronz
07-04-2016, 02:00 PM
I actually agree. I just dont see how its lightyears worse than LBJ. Its pretty well the same. Both should have stayed imo. By the way im not a fan of either team or player.
Nah. Bron was tasked with winning achip with the likes of Mo Williams and he actually could've gone to other teams with simlar support. Bron would've killed to have the talent KD had in OKC.

KD on the other hand is literally taking the easiest road imaginable

Pfeifer
07-04-2016, 02:01 PM
Kevin Durant made it seem as if RWB was like Mo Williams.. You could make an argument that Westbrook>KD...

I'll agree with you there. But when Lebron left what super team existed? Did he not go to the best team available?

Chronz
07-04-2016, 02:03 PM
Dude. This a sport where Tony Parker and Billups could lead their teams to glory. It's really not proving anything. Bron never would've won in Cleveland had he stayed there. KD has someone arguably at his level in OKC. Cleveland was a team that couldn't win at even a .300 level without Bron.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 02:06 PM
I'll agree with you there. But when Lebron left what super team existed? Did he not go to the best team available?

Imagine if LeBron went to the Celtics: Pierce, Allen, Garnett, LeBron. That is WAY better than Wade, Bosh, LeBron. So no, he didn't go to the best team available.. He MADE them the best team available..

Pfeifer
07-04-2016, 02:07 PM
Dude. This a sport where Tony Parker and Billups could lead their teams to glory. It's really not proving anything. Bron never would've won in Cleveland had he stayed there. KD has someone arguably at his level in OKC. Cleveland was a team that couldn't win at even a .300 level without Bron.

Let's not act like this is the same Cavs team. Lebron brought in a ton of players. It was basically Kyrie vs the other team. Most of them were brought in with or after Lebron. If he stayed the Cavs may have won sooner.

Chronz
07-04-2016, 02:09 PM
Imagine if LeBron went to the Celtics: Pierce, Allen, Garnett, LeBron. That is WAY better than Wade, Bosh, LeBron. So no, he didn't go to the best team available.. He MADE them the best team available..

Joining the Lakers would've been far worse. They already had the best frontcourt in the league and a superstar amidst his prime in Kobe.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 02:13 PM
Joining the Lakers would've been far worse. They already had the best frontcourt in the league and a superstar amidst his prime in Kobe.

That too. I just find it laughable people think Wade+Bosh were the reason Miami were great. LeBron could have gone to most teams and they would have been greater.

Chronz
07-04-2016, 02:14 PM
Let's not act like this is the same Cavs team. Lebron brought in a ton of players. It was basically Kyrie vs the other team. Most of them were brought in with or after Lebron. If he stayed the Cavs may have won sooner.

I'm specifically pointing out how it wasn't the same Cleveland team. You don't remember his stint there, he couldn't even get guys FROM Ohio to leave places like Milwaukee. He struggled to get guys like Ariza to even come and think about moving.

Id love to hear how they acquire the talent necessary to match up when 7 years weren't enough and needed years of lotto picks for Bron to finally deliver.

Its highly unlikely he wins if he stays, that much is certain. Bron has already admitted what a struggle it was to recruit before he won chips so i don't buy your theories

Pfeifer
07-04-2016, 02:17 PM

Ok but let's not act like Wade wasn't a superstar already and Bosh was a star who carried a team. It's almost the same as Kyrie and Love. Even a similar supporting cast which just beat that historic team. DWade is considered one of the best SG ever. A lot of parallels. When they formed the big 3 did you not think they were the best team in the NBA?

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Ok but let's not act like Wade wasn't a superstar already and Bosh was a star who carried a team. It's almost the same as Kyrie and Love. Even a similar supporting cast which just beat that historic team. DWade is considered one of the best SG ever. A lot of parallels. When they formed the big 3 did you not think they were the best team in the NBA?

Oh, so you think Wade+Bosh = Curry+Green+Klay with the 2nd best bench in the NBA? Okay...

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 02:32 PM
This is closer to KD joining the Heat's Big Three than it is LeBron forming the Big Three.

Aust
07-04-2016, 02:36 PM
This is closer to KD joining the Heat's Big Three than it is LeBron forming the Big Three.

Yeah, it's gutless.

jason
07-04-2016, 02:50 PM
KD to the Warriors is worst. He wants the closet thing to a championship though haha

Minimal
07-04-2016, 02:59 PM
Durants move is a bad as LeBron going to Celtics in 2010 to join their Big 3, thats how bad it is. LeBron left a team with a bunch of scrubs, an organisation that failed to surround him with talent for numerous years and he gave 100% to that organisation. He left the team to form a new team to become succesful. Durant just joined one of the best teams in history, thats a punk move.

YAALREADYKNO
07-04-2016, 03:00 PM

Difference is we didn't know what the heat would be. Everyone knows the Warriors were still gonna contend without Durant.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Difference is we didn't know what the heat would be. Everyone knows the Warriors were still gonna contend without Durant.

Correction: They were favorites to win even without Durant.

YAALREADYKNO
07-04-2016, 03:05 PM
Correction: They were favorites to win even without Durant.

Which is why Durants move was worse

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 03:09 PM
You could make an argument that Durant's team (Westbrook+Kanter+Adams) was just as good as LeBron's "Big Three" Heat team (Wade+Bosh). LeBron+Westbrook+Kanter+Adams > LeBron+Bosh+Wade.

Miltstar
07-04-2016, 03:30 PM
I think Durant's move was cowardly, but at least he didn't do a TV show

FraziersKnicks
07-04-2016, 03:39 PM
This is so much worse than Bron's decision and it's not even close :laugh2:

Join's a team they were 3-1 up against but they choked it away
Leaves a top 5 player
Only signs a 1+1 deal so if it doesn't go his way, he can leave
Teams up with 3 top 20 players in the league and a team that won 73 games without him

This is literally the most cowardly move in NBA history. Can you imagine if LeBron went to join the Mavs after 2011? Or the Spurs after 2014?

The only thing that LeBron did wrong was the tv thing, but even that raised millions for a children's charity.

The best player LeBron ever played alongside in Cleveland was Mo Williams. KD has Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, Kanter, the opportunity to play with Oladipo... Even a young Jeff Green was better than anything LeBron ever had in Cleveland.

He choked away a 3-1 lead to a team and thought "oh well, I'll join them"... If that's not the easiest, most cowardly way out then I don't know what is.

LeBron joined a team that had to empty it's roster. It was built from the ground up. A broken Mike Bibby played 25+ MPG on that team... Carlos Arroyo started 42 games at PG. A 35 year old Big Z started 51 games! That team without LeBron would've maybe scraped the playoffs. KD joined the purest form of a team you will see... A team that just won 73 games.

Unfortunately for Steph and KD, whatever rings they win now will really mean hardly anything to their legacy. All rings aren't created equally. That's why this last ring for LeBron firmly puts him top 5. It meant so much more than his one's before... Beating a 73 win team after being down 3-1, bringing a title to his home town after 52 years without any championship celebrations. People always said 1 ring in Cleveland would be the equivalent of 2-3 in Miami.

I don't blame KD for wanting to win. He doesn't wanna be another AI/Barkley/Stockton/Malone. But the fact his team were 1 game away from making the finals over a 73 win team, to then choke it away and then join that team. Any rings he wins will mean nothing. This is the ultimate piggy back.

And after that tweet..... :laugh2:

FraziersKnicks
07-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Both Steph and KD's numbers will drop now as well, so I don't see either of them winning MVP. I see it being a 3 horse race between LeBron/Kawhi/Westbrook.

Bigbadmoffo
07-04-2016, 03:51 PM
Lebron paved the way and this is the league now

Bigbadmoffo
07-04-2016, 03:54 PM
Durant will finish about Lebron in overall standings now. He finally has a team comparable to Lebron teams.

cmellofan15
07-04-2016, 04:01 PM
Both Steph and KD's numbers will drop now as well, so I don't see either of them winning MVP. I see it being a 3 horse race between LeBron/Kawhi/Westbrook.

don't forget Harden.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 04:04 PM
Durant will finish about Lebron in overall standings now. He finally has a team comparable to Lebron teams.

Lol? Cause Westbrook+Kanter+Adams isn't comparable.

Tony_Starks
07-04-2016, 04:07 PM
One broke up with his city in a hour long television special, then proceeded to have a championship celebration promising 7 rings before he played 1 game.

One didn't.

The end.

Tony_Starks
07-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Lebron paved the way and this is the league now

Exactly.

This is the monster HE created.

Bruno
07-04-2016, 04:08 PM
thank God for Kobe, Duncan, and Dirk. the last of the pre-***** generation, the last of the x-ers. BS like this only started happening once millennial superstars took over the league.

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 04:09 PM
anyone not saying durants decision is not 10000 percent worse is just hating on james for no reason then to do it

Lebron was part of the worst franchise in sports and got no help at all and more scrutiny then durant ever had... durant was force fed talent around him his entire career and just left to go to a team that he choked against under 2 months ago all while promising a cake walk to the finals the likes of what no other player has ever seen on top of decided to be a teams 4th option on a championship run lol... the dude is the biggest ***** i have ever seen in sports and was saying it before everyone.... This poll shouldnt even be close... IT IS NOT THE SAME BECAUSE LEBRON NEVER HAD THE LUXURY KD HAD FOR YEARS AND THEN LEFT FOR A ****ING TEAM THAT JUST BENT HIM OVER... A TEAM THAT HE JUST CHOKED AGAINST UNDER 2 MONTHS AGO AFTER BEING UP 3-1 LOL

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 04:09 PM
One broke up with his city in a hour long television special, then proceeded to have a championship celebration promising 7 rings before he played 1 game.

One didn't.

The end.

Read the first post. Just stop with this one hour crap.. this isn't TMZ. LeBron going on TV doesn't change the result.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 04:10 PM
thank God for Kobe, Duncan, and Dirk. the last of the pre-***** generation, the last of the x-ers. BS like this only started happening once millennial superstars took over the league.

Kobe/Duncan never had a reason to leave... Dirk is the only guy you can say stayed when he shouldn't have.

aman_13
07-04-2016, 04:11 PM

One didn't.

The end.

The OP is talking basketball wise.

Teaming up with a 73 win team that doesn't need you to win it all?

Easy answer imo.

Bruno
07-04-2016, 04:14 PM
I mean if ESPN is going to rate LeBron #3 all time and he's going to go back to back in Miami and were all going to be impressed by a pile on lockout championship- why not go do this if you're KD? the people will eventually forget that you disgraced the game. we just watched that cycle full circle. this buddy ball **** is so sick.

we set ourselves up for this when we forgave LeBron. now everyone can do it and call it a redemption story.

Chronz
07-04-2016, 04:15 PM

Lmfao. Unprecedented cowardice that will never be topped

Bruno
Kobe/Duncan never had a reason to leave... Dirk is the only guy you can say stayed when he shouldn't have.

because Durant has bad teammates? na man.

Bruno
Lmfao. Unprecedented cowardice that will never be topped

end of discussion.

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 04:16 PM
Not at all. Lebron proved in the finals his greatness. It's really just splitting hairs IMO. Both were ***** moves. I'm expecting a " I'm on Brons d" from you. It's baffling that people are using this as a defense of Lebron.

why is it so hard to understand? Did lebron have the help durant has had for years? did lebron leave to go to an already finals favorite team without him? Did lebron leave to go to a team after choking against said team in the ECF? Just stop.. This is one of the top 4 players in basketball saying he is alright being a 4th option at best to win a ring while leaving the 2nd best team in basketball to join the very best team in basketball... Its the biggest ***** move in sports history

ManRam
07-04-2016, 04:17 PM

Both Kobe and Tim reportedly were very close. Both were blessed with AMAZING circumstances. It's not hard to want to stay in those two organizations. Dirk's the most valiant, by far.

It is, however, weird that we demand players to be loyal to their billionaire bosses. Free agency is a 20 year old invention, and as players realize they're the ones with the real power this was all inevitable. LeBron isn't the reason KD can do this. It's the natural progression. Maybe he insofar as anyone with a pulse realizes that no one will ever be criticized more than Bron was. But besides that, that's just how the NBA is set up now.

It sucks, but it makes sense. Go be happy. Go win. No reason to be loyal to the owners or laundry.

ewing
07-04-2016, 04:19 PM
They are both ****ing nancys

Aust
07-04-2016, 04:19 PM
why is it so hard to understand? Did lebron have the help durant has had for years? did lebron leave to go to an already finals favorite team without him? Did lebron leave to go to a team after choking against said team in the ECF? Just stop.. This is one of the top 4 players in basketball saying he is alright being a 4th option at best to win a ring while leaving the 2nd best team in basketball to join the very best team in basketball... Its the biggest ***** move in sports history

Tell me how you really feel!

Bruno
07-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Both Kobe and Tim reportedly were very close. Both were blessed with AMAZING circumstances. It's not hard to want to stay in those two organizations. Dirk's the most valiant, by far. [/B]

and Durant hasn't? he was surrounded by the team of the future and hasn't been able to get it done. don't want to hear about close either, whats happened has happened.

It is, however, weird that we demand players to be loyal to their billionaire bosses. Free agency is a 20 year old invention, and as players realize they're the ones with the real power this was all inevitable. LeBron isn't the reason KD can do this. It's the natural progression. Maybe he insofar as anyone with a pulse realizes that no one will ever be criticized more than Bron was. But besides that, that's just how the NBA is set up now.
it's not about loyalty to billionaires, it's about respect for the game and for competition. he wants to leave, fine. but if you go to GS the team you should have beaten, who already won and broke records before your arrival, you're a coward.

It sucks, but it makes sense. Go be happy. Go win. No reason to be loyal to the owners or laundry.na, it's a ***** move and it has nothing to do with billionaires. or loyalty. it's about respect for the game, and respect for competition.

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 04:21 PM

Easy answer imo.

lol he hates lebron with a passion.. it will never get through

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 04:23 PM
because Durant has bad teammates? na man.

Which is why Durant is a coward.. I am just saying, if you had given LeBron a culpable team, he wouldn't have had to leave. Don't blame him for leaving. Blame the management having the luxury of a top five talent and refusing to partner him up with legitimate help to compete for rings. You can't have analysts bashing him for being ringless when he has to carry junk.. that's something Kobe was never lauded for because of his situation.

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 04:26 PM

Kobe the guy that demanded a trade on draft night and got gifted into a situation as great or better then even durants? broke up him and shaq because he was tired of being carried and then after shaq left demanded the lakers trade him unless they got him a ton of help? Duncan and Dirk I 100 percent agree with but Kobe was far from those 2 in terms of loyalty. He wanted out in like 06 because he no longer had the help of shaq.

Bruno
07-04-2016, 04:27 PM
Which is why Durant is a coward.. I am just saying, if you had given LeBron a culpable team, he wouldn't have had to leave. Don't blame him for leaving. Blame the management having the luxury of a top five talent and refusing to partner him up with legitimate help to compete for rings. You can't have analysts bashing him for being ringless when he has to carry junk.. that's something Kobe was never lauded for because of his situation.

Fair, Dan Gilbert is a moron.

but 2009. Lost against the Magic. KG was out and that was his moment. that 2009 Cleveland was 1st in SRS, I don't want to hear about them not being culpable. LBJ joined two other players who are both top five in PER the season prior, that was unprecedented. if they're a good supporting cast during the regular season, and they're poor and underperform in the playoffs, it's on the superstar.

LA_Raiders
07-04-2016, 04:29 PM
LeBron no question, he made a clown out of himself with the "decision" show. They both joined stacked teams.

Bruno
07-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Kobe the guy that demanded a trade on draft night and got gifted into a situation as great or better then even durants? broke up him and shaq because he was tired of being carried and then after shaq left demanded the lakers trade him unless they got him a ton of help? Duncan and Dirk I 100 percent agree with but Kobe was far from those 2 in terms of loyalty. He wanted out in like 06 because he no longer had the help of shaq.

it's not about the desire to leave. it's who you go to. your relationship with them as an former opponent. this is a pile on move, and not all people who attempt to get traded find themselves in pile on situations. Kobe would have gone to a dog **** Bulls team, right?

not about the desire to change locations, it's the team and the context and how it relates to competition and respect for the game.

Eagles4Lyfe
07-04-2016, 04:34 PM
Lmaoooooo look at all the butt hurt people in here.

It's funny people are calling KD a coward for doing what's best for his career and life.
But the real cowards are the one's who instead of being happy for a human being, especially a humble one they get sooo salty and throw hate towards a person.

It's okay we get it, he didn't join your favourite team and it's fine you can be green and envious all you want, but good on the man for joining a team that's going to help him attain what every athlete in the world strives for and thats a title.

People act like he HAS to go back to the Thunder, maybe he didn't like the new HC because he loved Scott Brooks or that he didn't like the moves they made this off season thus far.

I'm a Lebron hater and will never like the guy, but as a competitor I have nothing but respect for the guy for doing what was best for his life..

At the end of the day people only remember the # of titles, no one gives a **** how you win it.

People don't go Lebron has 3 titles but he won 2 with a stacked Heat team.

Good for the Warriors and Durant and a great day to be a fan in the Bay area.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 04:35 PM

Not even with Duncan... He's been in the same franchise for a long time and that has absolutely to do with the Spurs being a franchise that Cleveland never was for LeBron. Seriously, if LeBron just got some help within those 7 years, he would have probably stayed. I don't know that but players leaving has a lot more to do with "loyalty." At some point, you just get sick of whatever you're stuck in.

Bruno
I ****ing hate when Stephen A. Smith is right.

5ass
KD isn't even the best player on his team anymore.

More-Than-Most
it's not about the desire to leave. it's who you go to. your relationship with them as an former opponent. this is a pile on move, and not all people who attempt to get traded find themselves in pile on situations. Kobe would have gone to a dog **** Bulls team, right?

not about the desire to change locations, it's the team and the context and how it relates to competition and respect for the game.

I am not putting it on this level.... Durant going to the warriors is the biggest ***** move I have ever seen...

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 04:36 PM

It's funny people are calling KD a coward for doing what's best for his career and life.
But the real cowards are the one's who instead of being happy for a human being, especially a humble one they get sooo salty and throw hate towards a person.

It's okay we get it, he didn't join your favourite team and it's fine you can be green and envious all you want, but good on the man for joining a team that's going to help him attain what every athlete in the world strives for and thats a title.

People act like he HAS to go back to the Thunder, maybe he didn't like the new HC because he loved Scott Brooks or that he didn't like the moves they made this off season thus far.

I'm a Lebron hater and will never like the guy, but as a competitor I have nothing but respect for the guy for doing what was best for his life..

At the end of the day people only remember the # of titles, no one gives a **** how you win it.

Lol. Stupid arguments. I guess LeBron should go and join the Warriors.. that's totally cool since he will be winning. Fans are going to be fans. At the end of the day, no one is going to look at Durant's ring and say he truly won that. And LeBron's 2 titles weren't on a stacked Heat team. Take out LeBron and tell me who was in it that was so stacked.. I'll wait.

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 04:39 PM

Durant could win 5 titles and he will never go up the ladder like others have because all the talk will be how all time great curry is.. yes this will eventually help durants career slightly but he will never be a top 10 player... its not being butthurt... you dont sign with the team you just ****ing choked against because you cant win a title with one of the most stacked teams in basketball already. This dude never had to play on a **** team and left because he knows he isnt good enough to lead any team to a title.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 04:42 PM
The sad part is we LOST because KD started choking. If he didn't choke, we would be looking at our first ring (possibly). How sad... and pathetic.

Eagles4Lyfe
07-04-2016, 04:46 PM
Lol. Stupid arguments. I guess LeBron should go and join the Warriors.. that's totally cool since he will be winning. Fans are going to be fans. At the end of the day, no one is going to look at Durant's ring and say he truly won that. And LeBron's 2 titles weren't on a stacked Heat team. Take out LeBron and tell me who was in it that was so stacked.. I'll wait.

Ya like that ever happens.
Every Lebron hate thread, you don't have people go but but but he needed Wade and Bosh to win 2 titles, I don't even bring that up in Lebron arguments I get into.

Who the hells going to say Durants titles don't count if he does win one with the Warriors.
All that matters is he'll still go down in the history books and his stats will always be there.

It's okay to live in hating another human being for doing what's right for their lives.

Also Lebron had Wade and Bosh then they got all the good role players taking discounts just to win a ring the Shane Battiers, Mike Millers, Ray Allens, Birdmans all those guys played key roles.

Who is signing for the vets minimum for the Warriors?? No one and people saying he's joining a stacked team.

The team has 5 guys under contract and are losing some valuable role players. There's still tons of work left to be done.
They just lost Barbosa, Speights, Ezeli, Bogut, Barnes. They have about 6 spots to fill still and are over the cap.

I like how people always get so hurt and jump to conclusions.

minato_17
07-04-2016, 04:46 PM
This is far worse and more cowardly than Lebron's. And I dont like him at all. What is happening to the NBA players especially superstars today? Damn Durant.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Every Lebron hate thread, you don't have people go but but but he needed Wade and Bosh to win 2 titles, I don't even bring that up in Lebron arguments I get into.

Who the hells going to say Durants titles don't count if he does win one with the Warriors.
All that matters is he'll still go down in the history books and his stats will always be there.

It's okay to live in hating another human being for doing what's right for their lives.

Also Lebron had Wade and Bosh then they got all the good role players taking discounts just to win a ring the Shane Battiers, Mike Millers, Ray Allens, Birdmans all those guys played key roles.

Who is signing for the vets minimum for the Warriors?? No one and people saying he's joining a stacked team.

The team has 5 guys under contract and are losing some valuable role players. There's still tons of work left to be done.
They just lost Barbosa, Speights, Ezeli, Bogut, Barnes. They have about 6 spots to fill still and are over the cap.

Hold the phone they lost Klay/Iggy/Curry/Livingston/Green as well? Oh no thats right durant is still the 4th option lol. 4th ****ing option

Eagles4Lyfe
07-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Durant could win 5 titles and he will never go up the ladder like others have because all the talk will be how all time great curry is.. yes this will eventually help durants career slightly but he will never be a top 10 player... its not being butthurt... you dont sign with the team you just ****ing choked against because you cant win a title with one of the most stacked teams in basketball already. This dude never had to play on a **** team and left because he knows he isnt good enough to lead any team to a title.

Durant was never destined to be a top 10 player.
Also Wade has 3 titles, do you think he gives a **** about where he's ranked all time.
Money and titles who cares what the internet haters have to say.

Live your life how you want to live it. Who gives a crap about a ladder. He's not even a top 3 player in the league RN, how the heck can he even make top 10 all time??

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 04:50 PM

So if LeBron went to the Pacers, he would be with Paul George. According to you, STACKED.
If LeBron went to the Bulls, he would be with Derrick Rose. According to you, STACKED.
If LeBron went to the Celtics, he would be with Boston's Big Three. According to you, STACKED.

So the only way LeBron isn't on a stacked team is if he plays on a crappy team and beats a stacked team.. Makes sense. I guess you want LeBron to carry Mo Williams to beat the Spurs/Warriors.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 04:51 PM
Durant was never destined to be a top 10 player.
Also Wade has 3 titles, do you think he gives a **** about where he's ranked all time.
Money and titles who cares what the internet haters have to say.

Live your life how you want to live it. Who gives a crap about a ladder. He's not even a top 3 player in the league RN, how the heck can he even make top 10 all time??

Gtfo this NBA forum if you don't care. We are going to discuss it and that's what this forum is for. Why are you even here if you don't like it? Jesus... go watch ESPN and turn off your computer.

Phantom Dreamer
07-04-2016, 04:52 PM
KEVIN DURANT left a team that he was up 3-1 in the Western Conference Finals. A team that he just lost to, he being the major reason for their loss. Kevin Durant joined a team that just won 73 games. A team that has back-to-back finals appearances. A team that already won a championship. A team that is fully established and already is the best team in the NBA.

Durant is a punk. And I have lost ALL RESPECT for him.Top post of the thread. Couldn't have said it any better.

Eagles4Lyfe
07-04-2016, 04:55 PM
Hold the phone they lost Klay/Iggy/Curry/Livingston/Green as well? Oh no thats right durant is still the 4th option lol. 4th ****ing option

That same cores won 1 damn title :laugh:
Why does it matter what option he is. When they play for your country, do they give a **** what option they are, such a shameless argument.

Curry is a top 5 player, klay top 30 and Green top 15??
Did you also just list Livingston as a viable option :laugh:. Grasping at straws much??

No matter how you look at it, Durant is the second best player on that team. Draymond Green and Klay aren't offensive forces, they're capable but great of the ball and are primary defenders.

I like how people say this team doesn't fit, when it actually is a great fit.

FraziersKnicks
07-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Good to see the usual suspects in here trying to justify LeBron's decision being worse...

It's too late! Kobe's not even in Bron's rearview after this last title. There's no need to hate anymore! Just gotta accept it!

Eagles4Lyfe
07-04-2016, 05:03 PM
So if LeBron went to the Pacers, he would be with Paul George. According to you, STACKED.
If LeBron went to the Bulls, he would be with Derrick Rose. According to you, STACKED.
If LeBron went to the Celtics, he would be with Boston's Big Three. According to you, STACKED.

So the only way LeBron isn't on a stacked team is if he plays on a crappy team and beats a stacked team.. Makes sense. I guess you want LeBron to carry Mo Williams to beat the Spurs/Warriors.
That's what guys like Kobe Bryant did, carried Sasha Vucevic, Derek Fisher and those scrubs to a title.

But I love how you twisted my whole argument, I fully said I don't hate LeBron now for what he's done and don't hate KD. Wtf does being stacked have to do with anything?
Your hates making your arguments make no sense.

Atleast counter me properly.

Gtfo this NBA forum if you don't care. We are going to discuss it and that's what this forum is for. Why are you even here if you don't like it? Jesus... go watch ESPN and turn off your computer.

Awwwwwww, somebody needs a shoulder to cry on???
It's okay I felt the same way when we lost VC and Bosh.

I have never even watched ESPN, nor do I get that crap here fortunately and second, I'm in this forum defending him. Ill go wherever the hell I want and defend him, I'm not going to be a poor sport and hate him for wanting

Scoots
07-04-2016, 05:04 PM

But would LeBron be willing to play big as a Warrior?

Eagles4Lyfe
07-04-2016, 05:05 PM
It's also hilarious, had he gone to the Spurs, no one would've said ****.
But he goes to everyones favourite team to hate on with everyones favourite guys to hate on and he's a ***** and a coward and a low life. :laugh:..

I'm going to sit back and watch this with popcorn now. It's tooooo hilarious.

Bruno
07-04-2016, 05:10 PM

I do.

don't make it about "whats best for this life". He could have won and made millions where he's at. this is about competition and respect for the game, nothing else.

who's excited to watch the Warriors vs Cleveland next June? the regular season has never been more meaningless.

Tony_Starks
07-04-2016, 05:11 PM

Easy answer imo.

If we're talking strictly basketball then it's still Lebron. He set the precedent of basically creating your own all star teams to ring chase.

Now as a result KD is faced with: either "be loyal" and end up Karl Malone or go the Lebron route and get your rings. That 73 win team still lost in the Finals. He can justify going there.

It's cause and effect but you have to look at the guy responsible for changing the landscape and making this if you can't beat em join em stuff even a thing.

Bruno
07-04-2016, 05:11 PM
It's also hilarious, had he gone to the Spurs, no one would've said ****.
But he goes to everyones favourite team to hate on with everyones favourite guys to hate on and he's a ***** and a coward and a low life. :laugh:..

I'm going to sit back and watch this with popcorn now. It's tooooo hilarious.
I saw that stupid tweet too, of course they would have. people bashed LMA here last season.

people are pissed because we don't like watching 'stars' make the easy decision.

we admire the difficult decision, as fans. in life in general. if you won taking the easiest path? cool... i guess.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 05:14 PM
That's what guys like Kobe Bryant did, carried Sasha Vucevic, Derek Fisher and those scrubs to a title.

But I love how you twisted my whole argument, I fully said I don't hate LeBron now for what he's done and don't hate KD. Wtf does being stacked have to do with anything?
Your hates making your arguments make no sense.

Atleast counter me properly.

Awwwwwww, somebody needs a shoulder to cry on???
It's okay I felt the same way when we lost VC and Bosh.

I have never even watched ESPN, nor do I get that crap here fortunately and second, I'm in this forum defending him. Ill go wherever the hell I want and defend him, I'm not going to be a poor sport and hate him for wanting

You are funny if you think LeBron had the same roster Kobe had in his two-title run without Shaq... Try year 2005-2007 when Kobe was struggling to do anything remotely worthy for his team.

You're the type of guy to click on a Kim Kardashian article to whine about why she is famous..

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 05:15 PM
But would LeBron be willing to play big as a Warrior?

He played PF for Miami.. what does that have to do with anything anyways? If Draymond can play big, pretty sure LeBron can too.

hidalgo
07-04-2016, 05:16 PM
by FAR Durant's. LeBron didn't even have a top 30 player next to him in cleveland, so he needed to play with better players. Durant had Westbrook(top 3 or 4 player) & he runs like a Coward to an already insanely stacked team. this is by far the most cowardly switching of teams ive ever seen from a superstar player. they don't even need him, they won 73 games, and would have won more titles without him. i never liked him, i knew there was a reason. joins the team that came back down 3-1 on him, a team he should take pride in trying to take out, not join. btch move. straight up BTTCH

zn23
07-04-2016, 05:24 PM
They're the same IMO.

The LeBron side will say, well he left a 60+ win team to join the 47 win Heat. But don't include the fact that he was the MVP, the best player in the league at the time, joining forces with another top 3 player in Dwyane Wade. PLUS Bosh was a top 10 player at the time and he was also joining them.

So while he was going to a team with a worse record he was joining forces with 2 of the top 10 players in the league at the time and they created a better team.

KD is one of the top 3 players in the league joining forces with another top 3 player to create a better team.

Eagles4Lyfe
07-04-2016, 05:25 PM
I do.

don't make it about "whats best for this life". He could have won and made millions where he's at. this is about competition and respect for the game, nothing else.

who's excited to watch the Warriors vs Cleveland next June? the regular season has never been more meaningless.

That's the fun part. When Lebron went to Miami, everyone on these forums said the same thing, oh the next 4 titles are theres. But they only won 2 and the rest of the league eventually caught up to them.

Everyone already knows the NBA isn't like how it was back in the day, we just have to accept it.

I saw that stupid tweet too, of course they would have. people bashed LMA here last season.

people are pissed because we don't like watching 'stars' make the easy decision.

we admire the difficult decision, as fans. in life in general. if you won taking the easiest path? cool... i guess.

Its not really easy though, they haven't won anything at all.
So why even play the Olympics, lets give USA the gold and end it now.
This is what gets me, everyone said GS would win the title after the reg season they had and guess what? They didn't.

You are funny if you think LeBron had the same roster Kobe had in his two-title run without Shaq... Try year 2005-2007 when Kobe was struggling to do anything remotely worthy for his team.

You're the type of guy to click on a Kim Kardashian article to whine about why she is famous..

Yes but lets ignore the 2 titles Kobe won with Gasol and mini Ariza, beating the Big 3 in Boston. You kill me, let's pick and choose our arguments right.

N your the type to lay in bed cursing every guy Kim K has slept with because of jealousy. Its okay to be an envious person of other people. Doesn't get you great Karma and far in life, but to each their own.

VapeHop
07-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Lebron created this ****boy culture of manufacturing championships instead of legacy. All these guys are trash.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 05:30 PM
That's the fun part. When Lebron went to Miami, everyone on these forums said the same thing, oh the next 4 titles are theres. But they only won 2 and the rest of the league eventually caught up to them.

Everyone already knows the NBA isn't like how it was back in the day, we just have to accept it.

Its not really easy though, they haven't won anything at all.
So why even play the Olympics, lets give USA the gold and end it now.
This is what gets me, everyone said GS would win the title after the reg season they had and guess what? They didn't.

Yes but lets ignore the 2 titles Kobe won with Gasol and mini Ariza, beating the Big 3 in Boston. You kill me, let's pick and choose our arguments right.

N your the type to lay in bed cursing every guy Kim K has slept with because of jealousy. Its okay to be an envious person of other people. Doesn't get you great Karma and far in life, but to each their own.

I did mention that... I think you need to read a book. Beating the Big 3 in Boston. You amaze me... Pau Gasol should have been the NBA Finals MVP. Plus, name me one player LeBron had in Cleveland that was even comparable to Pau Gasol.

Pfeifer
07-04-2016, 05:45 PM

I agree KD is a ***** but don't act like you weren't saying the Heat and Lebron would win a ton of titles. As soon as they got together they were pre ordained. Both were terrible. KD went more ***** as the team goes and Lebron was more of a ***** aka The Decision. It's all pretty parallel.

Eagles4Lyfe
07-04-2016, 05:45 PM

I do.

I did mention that... I think you need to read a book. Beating the Big 3 in Boston. You amaze me... Pau Gasol should have been the NBA Finals MVP. Plus, name me one player LeBron had in Cleveland that was even comparable to Pau Gasol.

Because everything I said was true.
Lebron didn't have a Gasol type in Cleveland, but at where he was at in his career, it's not like he was another top 15 player at that time.
Also when Lebron came back to Cleveland he had Kyrie, but remember from all reports got Wiggy traded for Love.

All in all my point remains, Durant made a great business and life decision, that's not cowardly in the least bit. But also nothing should be handed to them.
We haven't seen the Cavs, Spurs, Raps, Thunders counter yet.

DanG
07-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Durant's choice is worse, but honestly I'm not even mad since the Lakers are rebuilding anyway.

If LeBron made a superteam, then what the hell is this:

Curry
Thompson
KD
Green

Honestly, this team is a LeBron away from being Team USA.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 06:03 PM
Because everything I said was true.
Lebron didn't have a Gasol type in Cleveland, but at where he was at in his career, it's not like he was another top 15 player at that time.
Also when Lebron came back to Cleveland he had Kyrie, but remember from all reports got Wiggy traded for Love.

All in all my point remains, Durant made a great business and life decision, that's not cowardly in the least bit. But also nothing should be handed to them.
We haven't seen the Cavs, Spurs, Raps, Thunders counter yet.

I have no idea what you even said. Do they speak French in Toronto? Pretty sure English is still prevalent.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 06:04 PM
I agree KD is a ***** but don't act like you weren't saying the Heat and Lebron would win a ton of titles. As soon as they got together they were pre ordained. Both were terrible. KD went more ***** as the team goes and Lebron was more of a ***** aka The Decision. It's all pretty parallel.

Forget about publicizing. Which is the better team:

Chris Bosh+Dwyane Wade+Chalmers

or

Stephen Curry+Draymond Green+Klay Thompson+Iguodala+Shaun Livingston

Jewelz0376
07-04-2016, 06:11 PM
Someone answer me this.

If Durants biggest priority was to win, which team gave him the BEST opportunity to do that on paper?

What's so wrong with making winning your biggest priority?

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 06:17 PM
Someone answer me this.

If Durants biggest priority was to win, which team gave him the BEST opportunity to do that on paper?

His team was 3-1 against the Warriors and lost because he choked. If he chooses to be carried by a team, that's on him. If we applaud Jordan for wanting to beat the best teams, then KD did the opposite. And by no means is this an excuse for LeBron but let's be honest here, LeBron was the reason Miami were even labeled a superteam. Bosh is not super and as good as Wade was, he was not even great the remaining three seasons. Warriors were historic without KD and are even more historic with KD. This is like Walmart taking over Costco whereas Miami would be LeBron taking a dead Apple company to its heights.

And you're right; this does give him the best opportunity to win. How would you like it if the best player on your team dips and goes to the Warriors? We should just name them TEAM USA because that's what you're saying is perfectly fine. Him going to that team just shows he lacks the competitiveness to beat them. He knows there isn't much competition out there now... Maybe Cleveland but I don't see LeBron pulling off what he did this Finals again.

Eagles4Lyfe
07-04-2016, 06:25 PM

I do.

I have no idea what you even said. Do they speak French in Toronto? Pretty sure English is still prevalent.

Everything I said is clear as day :laugh:
Cute counter though

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 06:28 PM
Everything I said is clear as day :laugh:
Cute counter though

Can you stop quoting four random posts and clarify what the hell you are saying? You are making this much more difficult than it has to be.

"Lebron didn't have a Gasol type in Cleveland, but at where he was at in his career, it's not like he was another top 15 player at that time.
Also when Lebron came back to Cleveland he had Kyrie, but remember from all reports got Wiggy traded for Love. "

Wtf does any of this mean?

Eagles4Lyfe
07-04-2016, 06:44 PM

I do.

Can you stop quoting four random posts and clarify what the hell you are saying? You are making this much more difficult than it has to be.

"Lebron didn't have a Gasol type in Cleveland, but at where he was at in his career, it's not like he was another top 15 player at that time.
Also when Lebron came back to Cleveland he had Kyrie, but remember from all reports got Wiggy traded for Love. "

Wtf does any of this mean?

It automatically keeps bringing up previous quotes whenever I quote new posts, I don't know why.

Also it means Gasol wasn't a top 15 player at the time or anything when Kobe won with him. To top it off they beat that "superteam" the Celtics. Rondo-Ray-Pierce-KG trio. Kobe did it with Gasol and no names.

Lebron had to ditch the team that couldn't beat that super team to form his own big 3 to try taking them out.

Also my second post was another example of why people bad mouth Lebron. When he came bqck to Cleveland he had Kyrie Irving. But that wasn't enough for him he had to force a Wiggins for Love trade, because he wanted that easy road. So he took the easy road twice.

Durant does it once and he's a coward and a douche.

So if Wade signs with the Cavs, is he a coward too??

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 06:49 PM
It automatically keeps bringing up previous quotes whenever I quote new posts, I don't know why.

Also it means Gasol wasn't a top 15 player at the time or anything when Kobe won with him. To top it off they beat that "superteam" the Celtics. Rondo-Ray-Pierce-KG trio. Kobe did it with Gasol and no names.

Lebron had to ditch the team that couldn't beat that super team to form his own big 3 to try taking them out.

Also my second post was another example of why people bad mouth Lebron. When he came bqck to Cleveland he had Kyrie Irving. But that wasn't enough for him he had to force a Wiggins for Love trade, because he wanted that easy road. So he took the easy road twice.

Durant does it once and he's a coward and a douche.

1) Wade isn't at his prime. He isn't joining a historic Cleveland team. Wade isn't even a top 15 player. To try and compare him to Durant is laughable. If this were 08-09 Wade joining the Warriors after they beat him, you have a point. I don't blame veterans trying to go after a ring when they aren't at their prime.
2) Name the top 15 players in 2007.
3) If LeBron stayed at Miami, they would still be in the Finals. He left to the worst record in the NBA for four seasons and won a championship. Oh wow, he got Kevin Love? Look at reality, dude. Kyrie Irving+Kevin Love is just like any other team. Don't believe me? Look at Kawhi. Let's replace him with LeBron and you'll be crying STACKED. What about Clippers? Let's trade Blake for LeBron. Again, STACKED. What about OKC? Trade Durant for LeBron, STACKED. So no matter how you look at it and how it was formed, LeBron on most teams is STACKED. So what if he freaking made those trades or enforced it? They won a ring and he did it against a historic team that were up 3-1 against him. You keep trying to make it seem as if Kyrie+Love is a top team without LeBron. That must be some really stupid argument you are making.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-04-2016, 06:50 PM
Dont have a problem with either leaving since they fulfilled their contracts.

But if you looked at the circumstances, Durants by far. Durant had no strong reason to leave his team. They had a solid GM, he had an elite top 10 player eith him for 6-7 years now and they actually made the finaos as the favourites and blew it. His team was up 3-1 on the Warriors and they lost. Highly doubt he leaves if they beat the Warriors. Lebron had the tv thing but his circumstances were a bit easier to swallow considering his best team mate was mo will and their GM wouldnt maoe any moves.

ManRam
07-04-2016, 06:51 PM

Just jumping into this tangent to say...

Wade's proved his meddle and has done everything you'd expect from a star. He's won as the absolute bell cow, and two other times as a stud. His team has low-balled the hell out of him and he's truly sacrificed for their betterment. He owes that franchise nothing and if he wants to go play with his pal who the **** would care? Maybe you...but that would be dumb.

ManRam
07-04-2016, 06:53 PM
I will say that I think there is a "right" answer to this and currently 7 people are just flat out wrong. Unless you think this means the televised event itself vs. The Players' Tribune, this is truly incomparable. Everything about what KD did is more-worse than everything LeBron did.

7 people are wrong, period. This shouldn't be a question.

LA_Raiders
07-04-2016, 06:55 PM
At the end both will be looked as the players that can't win without a stacked team.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 06:57 PM
I will say that I think there is a "right" answer to this and currently 7 people are just flat out wrong. Unless you think this means the televised event itself vs. The Players' Tribune, this is truly incomparable. Everything about what KD did is more-worse than everything LeBron did.

7 people are wrong, period. This shouldn't be a question.

Those 8 people could care less about being wrong. They just don't like LeBron.

Aust
07-04-2016, 06:59 PM
I hating talking "legacies", but this is a scar on his in my eyes. Regardless on if and how many rings he wins, they will always hold little value to me. Maybe one day the cowardly stench will come off him.

effen5
07-04-2016, 06:59 PM
It's the exact same thing. Lebron's might be worse since he colluded before the offseason.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-04-2016, 07:01 PM
Someone answer me this.

Id have to do with the fact that he didnt need to jump ship to win. He has every right to make the best decision for him and I agree GSW was probably the best decision.

Of course going from OKC to GSW gives him a better chance, but he wasnt exactly living in poverty in OKC the past 6 years.

If the thunder beat the warriors, i doibt KD leaves.

If we were talking about Davis who has been in a **** team all these years and wanted to team up, a bit more understandeable ifthe Pelicans didnt gove him a real chance to win

ManRam
07-04-2016, 07:03 PM
At the end both will be looked as the players that can't win without a stacked team.

Dirk and Wade are the only ones who can say that.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 07:06 PM
It's the exact same thing. Lebron's might be worse since he colluded before the offseason.

Bosh+Wade or 2015-16 Warriors?

KingJudah
07-04-2016, 07:32 PM
I'm not mad at this decision, however I am hoping he doesn't win a ring at all the rest of his career. I just dont like this new NBA **** of all the top stars joining one another. It just looks bad honestly.

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 08:04 PM
Lol of the 8 people who choose the decision 6 are kobe and warrior fans xD

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 08:05 PM
I am just so glad this happened and getting to see some of the hypocrites in here who were wah wah on lebron are now saying Durant can do what he wants its his right lol

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 08:07 PM
Dirk and Wade are the only ones who can say that.

Yup.. That being said where would you rank the cavs last year compared to other teams from the 90s and 2000s? I had the cavs last year as the 5th best team in basketball entering the playoffs... Did lebron really have a stacked team?

Htownballa1622
07-04-2016, 08:09 PM
I don't fault him for doing this because he obviously wants to win a championship but I definitely don't think it makes him look good.

This is worse than lebron. Only ppl that hate bron can't see that.

Should be fun to root against them(though I feel they have to win).

Bostonjorge
07-04-2016, 08:09 PM
The "decision" started all of this. James has shown this road is the easiest way to a ring. James made the best team possible in 2010 I repeat the best team possible not just any team. Then left a team that went to 4 straight finals to build the best team possible again in Cleveland. Durant took the same road and made the best team possible in 2016. James would of done the same thing. This is not the end of this trend. It will all lead back to the "decision".

Durant and James are cut from the same cloth. Let's not pretend and say other wise.

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 08:14 PM
The "decision" started all of this. James has shown this road is the easiest way to a ring. James made the best team possible in 2010 I repeat the best team possible not just any team. Then left a team that went to 4 straight finals to build the best team possible again in Cleveland. Durant took the same road and made the best team possible in 2016. James would of done the same thing. This is not the end of this trend. It will all lead back to the "decision".

Durant and James are cut from the same cloth. Let's not pretend and say other wise.

Lebron was the REASON his team became the best team... Without James the heat barely make the playoffs... DURANT JOINED A 73 ****ING WIN TEAM

The decision had 0 to do with this... IF anything the decision should have helped prevent this but we found out Durant is a little ***** who says one thing and does another.... HE HIMSELF WAS NOT A FAN OF DOING SOMETHING LIKE THIS REMEMBER... This had 0 to do with that... This had all to do with Durant not being able to win with one of the most stacked teams in basketball and throughout his career and wanted to go ride the coat tails of the very best team in basketball.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 08:16 PM
LeBron saw something special with him in Miami and took it.
Durant saw something that was already special without him in GS and jumped on.

MTL_123
07-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Lebron's best player that he had was mo williams lol

KD is soft as hell

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 08:19 PM
This is literally the worst year for lebron haters ever.... All they had was him never winning another ring and him being 2-5 and the decision.... He not only did something Jordan never did by becoming the first team ever to come back down 1-3 but he won his ring and did it having the greatest finals ever and NOW.... Durant just did this... Something far worse than the decision and now they have no fire power left.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 08:22 PM
Lebron's best player that he had was mo williams lol

KD is soft as hell

You should have seen Broussard and Stephen A. go at it... Broussard was speechless when Stephen A. kept asking him who did LeBron have on the Cavs before he went to Miami.

Bostonjorge
07-04-2016, 08:22 PM
Lebron was the REASON his team became the best team... Without James the heat barely make the playoffs... DURANT JOINED A 73 ****ING WIN TEAM

Heat made the 5th seed with Wade alone the year before. You add in bosh and they still have room for another max. Barley making the playoffs? Whatever you say.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 08:25 PM
Heat made the 5th seed with Wade alone the year before. You add in bosh and they still have room for another max. Barley making the playoffs? Whatever you say.

And Warriors were 73-9, favorites to win the championship, had the unanimous MVP, had two top ten players, three top 15 players, and the best bench in the NBA. get real...

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 08:29 PM
http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/espn-interrupts-wimbledon-coverage-to-let-stephen-a-sm-1783080334

Steven A just ****ing Bodied everyone... We need to get someone to deliver Chris Eulogy because that mother ****er is dead to rights.

CHANGO
07-04-2016, 08:30 PM
I haven't read this thread so all I'm going to write are personal opinions.

To me, Durant's choice is WORSE. x10 times honestly.

There's a big difference in scenarios. First, we start with the team they choose.

Warriors - They have a 2 time MVP, a DPOY, a Finals MVP, a recent ring and 2 consecutive trips to the NBA Finals. OH YEAH, and let's not forget that last season they had the BEST RECORD IN NBA HISTORY. And also this was the same team that eliminated the Thunder from the playoffs, last season.

HEAT - Lebron joined with 2 other superstars on a new team. The team was in the bottom of the East on past years. They never faced eachother on the playoffs. The team only had Wade and then Bosh. But there's a BIG difference here too. The HEAT didn't have the chemistry the W's had. The HEAT build the team in that Free Agency, the only players that were not signed or drafted were Wade, Haslem, Chalmers, Joel Anthony and James Jones. 2 of those players were mainly bench warmers.

On the other side, KD is joining an already GREAT team that already have the chemistry. Everyone was expecting them to be back on the Finals again even without KD, and now it's not even a question.

Then we look at the scenarios of the teams they left...

Thunder - A contender team with GREAT pieces that was 1 win away from being in the Finals. They just got Oladipo who is a great young player and were ready to compete for 1 more year. Durant had Westy, Oladipo, Adams and a bunch of good role players.

Cavs - Lebron again came from losing in the 2nd round to the Celtics Big Three, he was playing alongside OLD man Shaq and role player Mo Williams. It was a great defensive team but nothing more, no other star, no top 10 player, no top young talent like Oladipo. And an history of failing to get him talent.

It is much worse and it's not even close.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 08:31 PM
http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/espn-interrupts-wimbledon-coverage-to-let-stephen-a-sm-1783080334

Steven A just ****ing Bodied everyone... We need to get someone to deliver Chris Eulogy because that mother ****er is dead to rights.

Did you see the part I was referring to? He just cornered himself hard... it was embarrassing. His co-host had to stop it before Chris could start with his "my sources" speech...

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 08:33 PM
http://www.complex.com/sports/2016/02/damian-lillard-calls-out-espn-cari-champion-for-saying-kevin-durant-doesnt-have-heart

Cari Champion speaking the truth yo

Kevin Durant doesnt have ****ing heart

This is from Feb but it is the ****ing truth

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 08:35 PM
Did you see the part I was referring to? He just cornered himself hard... it was embarrassing. His co-host had to stop it before Chris could start with his "my sources" speech...

Yup he destroyed him lol

MTL_123
07-04-2016, 08:35 PM
If the warriors dont make it to the finals OMG lol

CHANGO
07-04-2016, 08:36 PM
That being said... I hate but like the move. I hate it because it's almost impossible that any other team can beat these W's. (Cavs with Love? LOL NO) Love it because it would be fun to watch them fail and it will bring more headlines to the game.

This IMO ruined KD's legacy and Curry too... In a report Curry supposedly said to KD that he didn't even care about who was face of the franchise, or the MVP, or who sold more shoes (Curry with Under Armor, Durant with Nike) all he care was about winning rings. Sorry but that's just wrong, if you want to be in the GOAT conversation you want and should be the man when winning.

JWO35
07-04-2016, 08:36 PM
It's LeBron's decision simply due to the 1hr TV special, the pre-season pep rally, the "not 1, not 2, not 3..."
Durant just signed with a team(albeit an already accomplish team)...but LeBron turned his free agency into a reality TV show.

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 08:37 PM
If the warriors dont make it to the finals OMG lol

Who can stop them? Literally its the spurs.... The west isnt even top heavy anymore.... They better win the next 3 championships.

Honest to god Id sit curry and Klay at times during the post season... Save them for the finals. Durant/Green/Iggy/Livingston can take care of everything

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 08:38 PM
It's LeBron's decision simply due to the 1hr TV special, the pre-season pep rally, the "not 1, not 2, not 3..."
Durant just signed with a team(albeit an already accomplish team)...but LeBron turned his free agency into a reality TV show.

That's the TMZ part.. which I said should be ignored in my first post. We aren't here to discuss emotions. On a pure basketball perspective, no doubt IMO, KD was worst.

ewing
07-04-2016, 08:39 PM
I hope they both get hit by a bus

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 08:40 PM
That's the TMZ part.. which I said should be ignored in my first post. We aren't here to discuss emotions. On a pure basketball perspective, no doubt IMO, KD was worst.

Lol Even with The TMz part its still durant by 10 miles

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 08:42 PM
Lol Now Ewing I can respect that bro :love:

Chaotic98
07-04-2016, 08:59 PM
I would say LeBron's decision is worse only because of the precedent that he created.

Boston created their big three by Ainge Trading for KG and Allen. LeBron, Wade and Bosh colluded during the season to create their own super team to beat Boston. All three decided to take "bargain deals" with the Heat, since Florida has no state tax. Lebron created this precedent as you never had prime players in FA choose to link up in their own superteam prior to this. No Elite players ever did this.

As far as I see it, KD is taking a max/near max deal to sign in Golden State. He did not collude during the season to join everyone Golden State. He's just exploiting the Warriors excellent team friendly contracts and drafting to ensure he will have a chance to win a championship.

He followed LeBron's blueprint to win a championship, which is why I feel LeBron's is/was worse.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 09:00 PM
I would say LeBron's decision is worse only because of the precedent that he created.

Boston created their big three by Ainge Trading for KG and Allen. LeBron, Wade and Bosh colluded during the season to create their own super team to beat Boston. All three decided to take "bargain deals" with the Heat, since Florida has no state tax. Lebron created this precedent as you never had prime players in FA choose to link up in their own superteam prior to this. No Elite players ever did this.

As far as I see it, KD is taking a max/near max deal to sign in Golden State. He did not collude during the season to join everyone Golden State. He's just exploiting the Warriors excellent team friendly contracts and drafting to ensure he will have a chance to win a championship.

He followed LeBron's blueprint to win a championship, which is why I feel LeBron's is/was worse.

He did collude... Warriors and KD have been talking about playing together the entire season.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/report-warriors-players-recruited-kevin-durant-all-season

Bostonjorge
07-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Worse or not they are both cut from the same cloth.

valade16
07-04-2016, 09:11 PM
So does Durant start his speech with "not 2, not 3, not 4" because the Warriors already have one?

Chaotic98
07-04-2016, 09:18 PM
He did collude... Warriors and KD have been talking about playing together the entire season.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/report-warriors-players-recruited-kevin-durant-all-season

All players are now recruited in season thanks to the precedent created by LeBron, Bosh and Wade after the fact they didn't get caught, fined or suspended.

LeBron, Melo, Wade and Anthony all colluded during team USA's camp two years before, to all extend their contracts with their current teams to have them all become UFA's at the same time as opposed to being RFA's to be able to create this superteam. That is the true definition of collusion.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/inside_the_decision_miamis_cou.html

At worse, the Warriors players can be seen as recruiting and tampering. KD himself did not collude with multiple players in different teams to join him somewhere together he just joined a top team. Kind of what David West did with the Spurs last season or Varajao did at the end of this season. Miami just happened to be that lucky team that got them all but it was going to happen somewhere, tax exempt preferably.

Bostonjorge
07-04-2016, 09:20 PM

Great post forgot about the whole colluding.

The thing with Boston is KG rejected the trade and did not waive his no trade clause. Seattle then blew it up and got rid of Allen. Boston offered the best package for the aging star. Minnesota then had to convince KG that this move was the best for him and that he left everything on the court for Minnesota. The Allen trade and Minnesotas blessing is what finally got him to Boston. Even during the press conference he was sad to leave his brothers in Minny. Lebron on the other hand thru a party and literally had a concert to celebrate.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-04-2016, 09:24 PM
From a PR point of view, Lebron's was a nightmare. However, that means virtually nothing in a "legacy" discussion.

A player's legacy is basically an opinion of how you look back at his career. From a basketball perspective, I dont think this is even up for debate. Durant's was far worse in my opinion with respect to his legacy. His team lost, despite being up 3-1. A big part of the reason they lost was because of his play.

And then he decides to join that same team that defeated him? Thats weak in my opinion. At this time, I will have a more negative opinion of him than I would have if he had signed with Boston/OKC/Knicks/Heat.

If Kevin Durant doesnt care about what people think of him, and only wants a championship ring, than he absolutely made the right decision. That team is stacked, but people will put a negative spin on any championship they win with respect to individual "legacy's."

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 09:26 PM
All players are now recruited in season thanks to the precedent created by LeBron, Bosh and Wade after the fact they didn't get caught, fined or suspended.

LeBron, Melo, Wade and Anthony all colluded during team USA's camp two years before, to all extend their contracts with their current teams to have them all become UFA's at the same time as opposed to being RFA's to be able to create this superteam. That is the true definition of collusion.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/inside_the_decision_miamis_cou.html

At worse, the Warriors players can be seen as recruiting and tampering. KD himself did not collude with multiple players in different teams to join him somewhere together he just joined a top team. Kind of what David West did with the Spurs last season or Varajao did at the end of this season. Miami just happened to be that lucky team that got them all but it was going to happen somewhere, tax exempt preferably.

Lol, you are just bsing. That's exactly what they did..

BKLYNpigeon
07-04-2016, 09:30 PM
who cares. its just Sports, Its entertainment. Sit back and enjoy the show

Chaotic98
07-04-2016, 09:37 PM
Lol, you are just bsing. That's exactly what they did..

I could care less about LeBron or KD.

However, my decision to call LeBron's worse is because, the Warriors players approached KD in the play-offs and in season not KD searching it out.

LeBron, Wade, Bosh and Anthony decided to do this years before, when they signed their short term extensions to become UFA's the same off-season.

If this was a homicide case, LeBron would receive first degree murder because of their extensive planning years before to link up. KD's would be manslaughter since he joined the Warriors because he and OKC couldn't beat them.

LeBron created the precedent KD followed his championship blueprint.

zookman65
07-04-2016, 09:39 PM
I didn't realize this was a legal issue (collusion). Wow news to me that players aren't allowed to talk to other players and decide where and with whom they might want to play with when they reach that point known as free agency. I hope they don't throw Lebron and KD in prison for violation of Federal anti-trust laws. Darn free agency - I think these players should be indentured servants to the city in which the ping pong ball happened to bounce. Ping pong balls should take precedent over players desire to play at another location.

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 09:45 PM
I could care less about LeBron or KD.

However, my decision to call LeBron's worse is because, the Warriors players approached KD in the play-offs and in season not KD searching it out.

LeBron, Wade, Bosh and Anthony decided to do this years before, when they signed their short term extensions to become UFA's the same off-season.

If this was a homicide case, LeBron would receive first degree murder because of their extensive planning years before to link up. KD's would be manslaughter since he joined the Warriors because he and OKC couldn't beat them.

LeBron created the precedent KD followed his championship blueprint.

so him choking up 3-1 and joining the team he choked against all while having the 2nd best team in basketball means nothing?

Him having talent around him from day 1 and lebron having mo ****ing williams and not getting any help and basically being forced out because the cavs organization was taking advantage of him much like Steve A said about the personal side of things? That means nothing as well right?

Him going to a 73 win team and being a 4th option all while destroying the warriors best competition in the process and giving himself the cake walk of all cake walks means nothing?

Durant talking out of his *** when lebron did it only to follow suit with something much worse is irrelevant as well?

So all of this is just irrelevant huh? That is basically what you are saying by leaving this all out.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 09:48 PM
Precedent? How about we use some context. KD is IN a super team. He goes ahead and joins a SUPERDUPER team. That's unprecedented.

zookman65
07-04-2016, 09:52 PM
What's the point of free agency if a person cant decide who they want to play with? I am a little confused. This is turning out to be like an episode of the Bachelor where everyone questions if the contestants are there for the right reasons. So what is the solution? Only allow players to leave if they are going to a destination for the "right reasons" ie not to build a super team. Come on man...

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 09:54 PM
What's the point of free agency if a person cant decide who they want to play with? I am a little confused. This is turning out to be like an episode of the Bachelor where everyone questions if the contestants are there for the right reasons. So what is the solution? Only allow players to leave if they are going to a destination for the "right reasons" ie not to build a super team. Come on man...

There's nothing wrong with what he did technically. The issue is just competitively, it really destroys the meaning of the game. Last year was bad enough in which the Warriors were destroying everyone. Again, it's great for them but please don't act like you don't see anything wrong with what he did in terms of making it imbalanced.

Chaotic98
07-04-2016, 09:55 PM
so him choking up 3-1 and joining the team he choked against all while having the 2nd best team in basketball means nothing?

Him having talent around him from day 1 and lebron having mo ****ing williams and not getting any help and basically being forced out because the cavs organization was taking advantage of him much like Steve A said about the personal side of things? That means nothing as well right?

Him going to a 73 win team and being a 4th option all while destroying the warriors best competition in the process and giving himself the cake walk of all cake walks means nothing?

Durant talking out of his *** when lebron did it only to follow suit with something much worse is irrelevant as well?

So all of this is just irrelevant huh? That is basically what you are saying by leaving this all out.

You seem to have a terribly short memory... LeBron forced Danny Ferry into making horrid trades of young players and picks for players with "names" to surround him in Cleveland... Ben Wallace, Antwan Jamison, Wally Szczerbiak, Joe Smith, Delonte West...

LeBron just like his return, forced the GM to get the players he wanted (Love, Smith) and give up draft picks and rookies (Wiggins) to win. It just happenend this time around to work out for one ring.

Lebron is an *** who killed the Cavs that tried their best to appease him by trading their future and cap space to try and win a ring to all but have him leave.

KD is a douche because he joined the team he couldn't beat because the NBA didn't allow it. Green should have been suspended, but since they were down 3-1 he wasn't. he gets suspended against LeBron because they were up 3-1. KD losing to the Warriors has as much to do with his performance as it does with the NBA allowing GS to win.

zookman65
07-04-2016, 10:07 PM
Sorry I don't even know what you are talking about. Nobody forced Cleveland to take LeBron back. Evidently they wanted him. You come across as a schill for those poor little owners that are so helpless... Give me a break.

Jarvo
07-04-2016, 10:14 PM
Durant.

effen5
07-04-2016, 10:17 PM
It's the exact same thing people

Chaotic98
07-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Sorry I don't even know what you are talking about. Nobody forced Cleveland to take LeBron back. Evidently they wanted him. You come across as a schill for those poor little owners that are so helpless... Give me a break.

Where do I mention the owners or show sympathy for them? I mention the state of the team and it's ability to rebuild or be competitive for the fan base. In all your posts you seem to have a bias against owners. Your hatred towards your own boss or team owner is very evident.

Most sports team owners do not seek to make a profit with their teams (that's what their businesses that they made their wealth with are for), but to win the championship. The team is their hobby or passion not an investment. With that said, they also don't buy teams to lose a dramatic sum of money or they could not support their hobby.

Back to the original post... LeBron's exit was worse than KD. Continue.

One Nut Kruk
07-04-2016, 10:23 PM

No crap. What a bunch of annoying whiners in this thread.

The question really should be "why the hell wouldn't Durant join GS?"

D-Leethal
07-04-2016, 10:35 PM
I'm a LeBron hater. Durant's is worse, by far.

D-Leethal
07-04-2016, 10:36 PM
Question is who is gonna play the 2011 Mavs?

D-Leethal
07-04-2016, 10:39 PM
It's the exact same thing people

No way. LeBron joined a top 3 player and Bosh but they were an unknown unit. Durant is joining an all time great unit after choking away a 1-3 series lead. Chump move from hell, especially after talking all that mess about LeBron in 2010.

That said, LeBron started all this BS. So I blame him for the mentality that these guys have now.

D-Leethal
07-04-2016, 10:39 PM
No crap. What a bunch of annoying whiners in this thread.

The question really should be "why the hell wouldn't Durant join GS?"

Because at one point in time there was this thing call competitive nature.

zookman65
07-04-2016, 10:40 PM
Where do I mention the owners or show sympathy for them? I mention the state of the team and it's ability to rebuild or be competitive for the fan base. In all your posts you seem to have a bias against owners. Your hatred towards your own boss or team owner is very evident.

Most sports team owners do not seek to make a profit with their teams (that's what their businesses that they made their wealth with are for), but to win the championship. The team is their hobby or passion not an investment. With that said, they also don't buy teams to lose a dramatic sum of money or they could not support their hobby.

Back to the original post... LeBron's exit was worse than KD. Continue.

Neither. Both were free to chose. The Heat Super team was 50% in championship series. Let's see if KDs Warriors can do any better.

Tony_Starks
This is just the new team up generation man. If you can't deal with it might as well check out on basketball because that's the movement now. The Kobe/ Duncan/ Dirks of the world are a thing of the past, dying breed.

It's like listening to Drake. You can either get mad and say his lyrics are garbage compared to the real lyricist of the era before or just appreciate him for what he is.

Lebron and KD are Drake.

D-Leethal
All I can say is when is the next lockout? If I'm a Laker fan circa 2012/CP3 blockout I'm pissed right now.

zookman65
07-04-2016, 10:41 PM

Was it during the Lakers vs. Celtics period or the Bulls run?

D-Leethal
07-04-2016, 10:43 PM
This is just the new team up generation man. If you can't deal with it might as well check out on basketball because that's the movement now. The Kobe/ Duncan/ Dirks of the world are a thing of the past, dying breed.

It's like listening to Drake. You can either get mad and say his lyrics are garbage compared to the real lyricist of the era before or just appreciate him for what he is.

Lebron and KD are Drake.

Bron and Wade always had question marks as far as "fit". These dudes don't. They are gonna smoke everyone. Hopefully they get bored soon and these chumps break it up.

zookman65
07-04-2016, 10:44 PM
If nothing else the move has made for fun forum banter

D-Leethal
07-04-2016, 10:45 PM
Was it during the Lakers vs. Celtics period or the Bulls run?

During that time where top 3 players didn't sign with the best team in the league that just broke the all time record for most Ws.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 10:54 PM

Lebron and KD are Drake.

There's nothing wrong with teaming up... The disparity was four NBA teams competitively in GSW, OKC, SAS, and Cleveland. Durant joining GSW has effectively made that into GSW and no one else.

effen5
07-04-2016, 10:58 PM
No way. LeBron joined a top 3 player and Bosh but they were an unknown unit. Durant is joining an all time great unit after choking away a 1-3 series lead. Chump move from hell, especially after talking all that mess about LeBron in 2010.

That said, LeBron started all this BS. So I blame him for the mentality that these guys have now.

Lebron left after choking a 2-1 series lead. Honestly, to me it's all the same. Lebron joined a top 3 player and a top 10 player in one of the weakest conferences I can think of, Durant is joining the best team in the league. At the end of the day, it's all the same.

And you're right, Lebron did start this.

No Heat fan should be complaining about this or they are hypocritical. Heat had the best player in this era join their team, so if they complain....then you are a hypocrite.

At the same time, I feel bad for OKC, they built the team the right way, but just the wrong place at the wrong time....they built a contender but two better teams in the west were in the way.

At the end of the day, this is why the NBA is awful. People can say its popular or whatnot, but if there is no competition, no one will care about the game. I certainly don't and haven't for a while.

Tony_Starks
07-04-2016, 10:59 PM
There's nothing wrong with teaming up... The disparity was four NBA teams competitively in GSW, OKC, SAS, and Cleveland. Durant joining GSW has effectively made that into GSW and no one else.

Basically. Pau going to the Spurs was a good pickup. Will be interesting to see how they match up.

I think this really forces Cleveland to make some moves now. Even with Kyrie improving I don't think Kyrie/Bron and the crew want any parts of GS....

Bigbadmoffo
07-04-2016, 11:01 PM
Bron and Wade always had question marks as far as "fit". These dudes don't. They are gonna smoke everyone. Hopefully they get bored soon and these chumps break it up.

Lebron and Wade had no outside game so these guys are gonna light it up. All they where missing was someone that could finish at the rim and Durant will add that height.

I'm no a GS fan but just like Miami i'm gonna watch every game because it's beautiful to see stars play together. I didn't hate Lebron for joining forces with better players I just hated what he did with the decision. Frankly if Wade took the mle to join Cleveland I think i would be awesome. If you're a fan of any other team like I am then just know that nobody was beating Cavs or GS for at least 2 to 4 years anyways.

Bigbadmoffo
07-04-2016, 11:03 PM
Lebron left after choking a 2-1 series lead. Honestly, to me it's all the same. Lebron joined a top 3 player and a top 10 player in one of the weakest conferences I can think of, Durant is joining the best team in the league. At the end of the day, it's all the same.

And you're right, Lebron did start this.

No Heat fan should be complaining about this or they are hypocritical. Heat had the best player in this era join their team, so if they complain....then you are a hypocrite.

At the same time, I feel bad for OKC, they built the team the right way, but just the wrong place at the wrong time....they built a contender but two better teams in the west were in the way.

At the end of the day, this is why the NBA is awful. People can say its popular or whatnot, but if there is no competition, no one will care about the game. I certainly don't and haven't for a while.

Although I use to agree that super teams where bad I have to say that the NBA has been blowing up because of them.

FlashBolt
07-04-2016, 11:04 PM
Basically. Pau going to the Spurs was a good pickup. Will be interesting to see how they match up.

I think this really forces Cleveland to make some moves now. Even with Kyrie improving I don't think Kyrie/Bron and the crew want any parts of GS....

Who does? Realistically, this team is a team we have NEVER seen before. Never have we seen three top ten players on the same team at their prime and a top 15 player as well. There are four all-nba team players on this team. My point is, every season, there are about 4-5 contenders at max. It has been for decades. Effectively, there isn't much competition on paper outside of the Warriors. That's not new.. it was the case before Lebron ever "created" a superteam. But of course, because it's LeBron, you guys think superteam and LeBron are synonymous. What KD has done is a sorry excuse of deferring. I didn't care which team he went to besides Warriors/Cleveland/Spurs because any other team would have just been as good as those three but wow, this is like like KD leaving to join Miami's big three after getting beat in the Finals.. just pathetic.

zookman65
07-04-2016, 11:16 PM
Wow 6 billion in revenue and growing... NBA doing just fine. GS didn't even win the championship. We don't know how they will do this year. Funny with all the orchestration and "collusion" with the heat 2011 Superteam who could have known that the future super team was in its infancy? Would anyone had guessed at that point of what was to be not 5 not 6 etc championships that a future dynasty would grow in GS? My point is we don't know what the landscape will be like in a few years.. This incarnation of a superteam may be short lived.. who knows if Draymond, Klay etc all re-sign when they come up.

D-Leethal
07-04-2016, 11:38 PM
Wow 6 billion in revenue and growing... NBA doing just fine. GS didn't even win the championship. We don't know how they will do this year. Funny with all the orchestration and "collusion" with the heat 2011 Superteam who could have known that the future super team was in its infancy? Would anyone had guessed at that point of what was to be not 5 not 6 etc championships that a future dynasty would grow in GS? My point is we don't know what the landscape will be like in a few years.. This incarnation of a superteam may be short lived.. who knows if Draymond, Klay etc all re-sign when they come up.

So you are saying this isn't a chump move?

If you are saying that you should also say the top free agent should sign with the best team in the basketball every year.

More-Than-Most
07-04-2016, 11:42 PM

Lebron and KD are Drake.

Again the dirks/duncans of the world yes.... Kobe forced himself to LA... He then drove Phil and Shaq out because he couldnt take not being the center of attention.... When they left his team sucked and he complained and tried to force a trade if they did not get him help... He was going to force a trade if the lakers did not get him help and they got him help... Now think about lebron before he left the cavs... He wanted help... Nobody would come and the ownership did nothing to help him out... Steven A talked about this earlier how that organization used and abused his talents because he always kept them a top East team by himself.... He couldnt take it and left.... Kobe had the luxury of his organization getting him help because people actually wanted to play in LA and not cleveland... Do not put Kobe in the same sentence as dirk and duncan please.

One Nut Kruk
07-04-2016, 11:48 PM

So if you had the chance to test free agency after 9 years with one team and one of the best teams of all time wants you, you're going to shut em down due to "competitive nature"? Lol. Yeah I'd love to see that.

The guy has more than earned the right to go where he pleases. I don't blame him one bit. And I'm sure he doesn't care what anyone thinks either.

Tony_Starks
07-05-2016, 01:17 AM
Who does? Realistically, this team is a team we have NEVER seen before. Never have we seen three top ten players on the same team at their prime and a top 15 player as well. There are four all-nba team players on this team. My point is, every season, there are about 4-5 contenders at max. It has been for decades. Effectively, there isn't much competition on paper outside of the Warriors. That's not new.. it was the case before Lebron ever "created" a superteam. But of course, because it's LeBron, you guys think superteam and LeBron are synonymous. What KD has done is a sorry excuse of deferring. I didn't care which team he went to besides Warriors/Cleveland/Spurs because any other team would have just been as good as those three but wow, this is like like KD leaving to join Miami's big three after getting beat in the Finals.. just pathetic.

That's a bit of a stretch to say we've "never" seen this kindof talent on one team before. Those Laker/ Celtic/ Bulls dynasty teams were full of hall of famers, even if past their prime they were still very good. Kukoc for example was the best player in Europe, he was a really big deal, and he was their six man.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter how they were constructed. If the Warriors GM had somehow managed to land KD in a trade nobody would bat a eyelash, but when a player takes matters into his own hands it's total bedlam zombie apocalypse 2000.

Whether you prefer how one guy formed his super team over the other is really kindof irrelevant at this point, the fact is that's what these guys are doing now and there's going to be some really exciting basketball as a result....

Tony_Starks
07-05-2016, 01:22 AM
So if you had the chance to test free agency after 9 years with one team and one of the best teams of all time wants you, you're going to shut em down due to "competitive nature"? Lol. Yeah I'd love to see that.

The guy has more than earned the right to go where he pleases. I don't blame him one bit. And I'm sure he doesn't care what anyone thinks either.

I don't think he cares either. He was man enough to tell the owner beforehand and so far Presti has been very classy and appreciative about him leaving so besides that it doesn't really matter. Everyone is going to have a opinion either way, might as well be happy with your decision.

More-Than-Most
07-05-2016, 01:28 AM
Have we seen 4 of the top 10 players on 1 team with 2 of those 4 being the 2nd and 3rd best players from most peoples point of view? The bulls had pippen/Jordan an great depth but I dont think it was on this warriors level... Shaq Was better than everyone the warriors have but after that Kobe never had a season like curry or Durant and then you add in Iggy/Livingston/Green/Klay along with their new bogut replacement.... I think this is the most talented and deepest team we have ever seen.

If we are just taking peak players from the lakers of the 2000s/bulls of the 90s and this warriors team I think it would go something like this

Jordan---------------------->Shaq---------------->Curry/Durant---------------------------------------->Kobe---->Pippen------------------------------------->Klay/Green------------->Rodman/iggy/Harper------------------->Fisher/Horry/Livingston/Kerr

More-Than-Most
07-05-2016, 01:37 AM
Had to come back before people get all angry... Kobe is where he is on the all time list because of longevity as well as skill but Kobes best seasons were never as great as Durants or curry this past season. I am going by which these 2 players are at their peak right now.

YAALREADYKNO
07-05-2016, 01:38 AM
guess we'll see more superstars start trying to join up together to get carried instead of doing the carrying themselves. As I keep saying in the words of Tmac "Watered Down"

shep33
07-05-2016, 01:42 AM
He can do what he wants, but this is a million times worse than why LBJ left.

Tony_Starks
07-05-2016, 01:43 AM
Have we seen 4 of the top 10 players on 1 team with 2 of those 4 being the 2nd and 3rd best players from most peoples point of view? The bulls had pippen/Jordan an great depth but I dont think it was on this warriors level... Shaq Was better than everyone the warriors have but after that Kobe never had a season like curry or Durant and then you add in Iggy/Livingston/Green/Klay along with their new bogut replacement.... I think this is the most talented and deepest team we have ever seen.

If we are just taking peak players from the lakers of the 2000s/bulls of the 90s and this warriors team I think it would go something like this

Jordan---------------------->Shaq---------------->Curry/Durant---------------------------------------->Kobe---->Pippen------------------------------------->Klay/Green------------->Rodman/iggy/Harper------------------->Fisher/Horry/Livingston/Kerr

Funniest post of the year!

More-Than-Most
07-05-2016, 01:46 AM
Kobe will still be higher on the all-time list than Durant when it's all said and done.

Probably... But Kobe cant touch any of durants last like 6 seasons... This will hurt Durant being carried but if his play doesnt take a hit and he doesnt become a 3rd or 4th option on this team and they win 3 plus championships he will quickly jump up to the top 10 and probably ahead of kobe... People dont understand what this dude has done for the past 6 plus years....When you avg like 30/7/6 on 50 percent shooting and 40 percent from 3 that in itself is legendary lol... I will hold this against durant no doubt... I dont think any top player ever would do what durant just did in terms of going to the team that bent you over a month prior but if he wins 3 plus championships and keeps up his insane statistical out put he will jump ahead of alot of people real fast in the top 10

More-Than-Most
07-05-2016, 01:48 AM
Funniest post of the year!

I know I know because you are a huge fan of Kobe blah blah blah... Tell me which year was kobe better than any of durants best years? Let me guess when he averaged 35ppg?

YAALREADYKNO
07-05-2016, 02:08 AM
Took the easy road. Wants to be carried instead of doing the carrying. Soft minded players these days

YAALREADYKNO
07-05-2016, 02:10 AM
Durant is special but he was not on prime Kobes level