PDA

View Full Version : Bulls sign Rondo 2/28!

leprechaun5
07-03-2016, 06:55 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@MarcJSpearsESPN
Bulls to sign guard Rajon Rondo to a two-year, $28 million deal, he confirmed to @TheUndefeated.

Vee-Rex
07-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Marc Spears via Undefeated

hugepatsfan
07-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Awful fit IMO

GoferKing_
07-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Good thing Kings did not sign him.

leprechaun5
07-03-2016, 07:00 PM
Rondo is an awful fit everywhere. Bad character who plays no D and can't shot!

5ass
07-03-2016, 07:04 PM
Awful fit IMO

No one else wanted to sign Rondo, and no one else wanted to sign with the Bulls... so perfect fit in that sense LOL

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-03-2016, 07:08 PM
Not to say he's a game changer for us, but getting a PG who led the league in assists on a bad team last year isn't all that bad. Hopefully he can get McDermott and Mirotic a lot of open shots.

Chucky Woods
07-03-2016, 07:36 PM
What an awful fit. At least there will be one awful Chitown sports team next year.

Cracka2HI!
07-03-2016, 07:42 PM
I like this. The $ is fine compared to the market. I think CHI is trying to run more an uptempo system anyway so shouldn't Rondo possibly be a decent fit?

Chi StateOfMind
07-03-2016, 07:45 PM
No matter what the Bulls do, they will always be wrong with this front office they have. They had their shot to make a title run and injuries and lack of trades sank us. Good luck Chicago Knicks

More-Than-Most
07-03-2016, 08:09 PM
welp the bulls just made the sixers forum happy as **** lol

IndyRealist
07-03-2016, 08:19 PM
I really don't dislike this for the Bulls. If nothing else he's a stopgap that can be traded next summer if it doesn't work out.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-03-2016, 08:23 PM
Money is good. Fits a need.

I just ****in hate Rondo with a passion and will not be able to find myself rooting for him next year.

KnicksorBust
07-03-2016, 08:24 PM
I am an unapologetic Rondo hater but 2 for 28 is hardly the worst deal of the summer. Plus if you believe that guys like McD-Butler-Mirotic are legit scorers then Rondo could be a nice table setter. I still think he sucks but its a show me contract for 2 years. Cant hate it that much.

InRoseWeTrust
07-03-2016, 08:29 PM
For a guy that has hated Rondo since his rookie year, I'm surprisingly OK with it given the second year isn't guaranteed. Bottom line for the Bulls with or without Rondo: we aren't competing this year. Thus, the worst case scenario is he's a nightmare this season and we get rid of him. Maybe he's so bad that the front office gets fired for the signing (). Best case scenario is he balls out and he's productive enough that we either trade him for something or keep him for ourselves. We aren't throwing away a shot at a championship by signing him - it may be depressing for Bulls fans, but it's true.

DaBUU
07-03-2016, 08:42 PM
F Rondo F Gar

There is nothing positive about this, just more contradictory moves by Bert. They have no plan now or going forward. Just more short term stupidity. I'm so mad at this crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-03-2016, 08:43 PM
It's a 2-yr deal with the 2nd year not 100% guaranteed. It's a lot better than paying Rose $21mil next season to suck.

DaBUU
07-03-2016, 08:46 PM
Or how about he does what he says, gets a little creative (just a little), and actually find a young PG that fits with jimmy. Not this a hole.

Stunner
07-03-2016, 08:47 PM
It's a 2-yr deal with the 2nd year not 100% guaranteed. It's a lot better than paying Rose $21mil next season to suck.

This post doesn't make any sense at all just blind hate lol with either pg you weren't making it far to begin with

Vincent
07-03-2016, 08:48 PM
Heard the second year is a Team AND Player option, so both sides can opt out of the second year

Haven't heard of that ever before...

IndyRealist
07-03-2016, 09:08 PM
For a guy that has hated Rondo since his rookie year, I'm surprisingly OK with it given the second year isn't guaranteed. Bottom line for the Bulls with or without Rondo: we aren't competing this year. Thus, the worst case scenario is he's a nightmare this season and we get rid of him. Maybe he's so bad that the front office gets fired for the signing (). Best case scenario is he balls out and he's productive enough that we either trade him for something or keep him for ourselves. We aren't throwing away a shot at a championship by signing him - it may be depressing for Bulls fans, but it's true.

If the second year isn't guaranteed, he's a prime trade chip next summer for anyone looking to land Westbrook (or probably Durant).

kobe4thewinbang
07-03-2016, 09:31 PM
Who the heck is he going to pass to? smh

xxplayerxx23
07-03-2016, 09:40 PM
No matter what the Bulls do, they will always be wrong with this front office they have. They had their shot to make a title run and injuries and lack of trades sank us. Good luck Chicago Knicks

Sig bet who wins more games ?

LA_Raiders
07-03-2016, 09:49 PM
Good deal for both

InRoseWeTrust
07-03-2016, 09:56 PM

Damn that's a close one right now

xxplayerxx23
07-03-2016, 10:02 PM
Damn that's a close one right now

I'm down to do it lol lmk

IndyRealist
07-03-2016, 10:02 PM
Late on this one, I'm afraid.

DaBear
07-03-2016, 10:05 PM
I guess I'm in the minority of Bulls fans who aren't down on this move. Yes, I know the Bulls plan was to get "younger and athletic", but I always take the FO's statements with a grain of salt. 2 year deal with an option in the 2nd year. Pass first PG, which seems to be a better fit next to Butler. More open looks for McD and Niko. I know not to expect much from this roster, but I don't think this will be a total disaster.

Confusious
07-03-2016, 10:13 PM
Chicago has turned into a laughing stock. I love this.

DaBUU
07-03-2016, 10:27 PM
Heard the second year is a Team AND Player option, so both sides can opt out of the second year

Haven't heard of that ever before...

KC Johnson just tweeted that deal is 2 years guaranteed, no options. Flexibility, right Gar?

F RONDO / F GAR

Vincent
07-03-2016, 10:44 PM
KC Johnson just tweeted that deal is 2 years guaranteed, no options. Flexibility, right Gar?

F RONDO / F GAR

Vincent Goodwill reported that they're working on the language of the option.

User Actions
Following

Vincent GoodwillVerified account
‏@vgoodwill
Rondo’s mutual option means the Bulls and Rondo each have the option after year 1 to walk away or continue. Player and team option

DaBUU
07-03-2016, 11:29 PM
Vincent Goodwill reported that they're working on the language of the option.

User Actions
Following

Vincent GoodwillVerified account
‏@vgoodwill
Rondo’s mutual option means the Bulls and Rondo each have the option after year 1 to walk away or continue. Player and team option

Then let's hope this is the truth

Aaarrggghhh

JLynn943
07-03-2016, 11:45 PM
Rondo played well for us in Sacramento last year. Few point guards can run an offense as well as he can. He obviously still can't shoot and is limited on defense, but the Bulls are better suited for his game than the Kings were last year, yet he still led the league in assists. The money isn't horrible. I think it's a solid stopgap move with potential for upside.

FWIW, since I saw it mentioned, his character was not a problem whatsoever last season. If anything, he was a mediating, level-headed mentor. The Kings had personality issues, but Rondo was not to blame whatsoever.

Stunner
07-04-2016, 12:12 AM
Rondo played well for us in Sacramento last year. Few point guards can run an offense as well as he can. He obviously still can't shoot and is limited on defense, but the Bulls are better suited for his game than the Kings were last year, yet he still led the league in assists. The money isn't horrible. I think it's a solid stopgap move with potential for upside.

FWIW, since I saw it mentioned, his character was not a problem whatsoever last season. If anything, he was a mediating, level-headed mentor. The Kings had personality issues, but Rondo was not to blame whatsoever.

Nice to hear for a change other fans blaming the new guy on the team . It's no secret the franchise is has some issues building a team for boogie. I've seen Cousins really like Rondo and wanted him back

JLynn943
07-04-2016, 12:29 AM
Nice to hear for a change other fans blaming the new guy on the team . It's no secret the franchise is has some issues building a team for boogie. I've seen Cousins really like Rondo and wanted him back

Yeah, Cousins and Rondo got along really well. Rondo took a sort of big brother role with Demarcus like KG did with him.

I think people overlook the positive things that Rondo can do just because his flaws are so well documented. If there's a guard in the league who can help make up for Rondo's shortcomings, it's Jimmy Butler.

Wade n Fade
07-04-2016, 12:44 AM
I really like this move for Chicago. Not only did they get rid of the mentally fragile Rose; the Bulls added Robin Lopez on a good contract relative to the rest of the market. They can either keep Calderon or find a taker for him. Rondo is a great talent, especially when his head is in the game. He is a triple double threat, but his volatility is what scared teams away from signing him. Rondo is the main reason why Ray Allen didn't resign with Boston. Rondo fizzled out in Dallas. He put up some great stats in Sacramento.

europagnpilgrim
07-04-2016, 01:06 AM
Rondo is an awful fit everywhere. Bad character who plays no D and can't shot!

This quote right here proves that ring/PG is overrated, Boston had a big 4, Rondo had big 'playoff' games but his year in Dallas tarnished his rep, but prior to that from 08-11' they were legit Finals contenders, reaching 2 in the process with him running the PG show, and it wasn't like the big 3 were spring chickens since they all entered the league between 95-98', KG was in his 13th season while Ray was in his 12th

the Bulls plan on playing at a faster pace and that is Rondo type of game, and he actually had a rep during Boston for being a feisty defender but I guess since he blurted gay slurs to a actual gay ref that makes his character bad and since he couldn't get along with Rick Jim Carey Carlisle he has bad character also

before he had that major injury he was a tremendous fit for Boston, especially in the playoffs

now you are on to something with him not being able to shoot with range consistently, its average at best

all players have some character flaw, its part of the entertainment environment

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-04-2016, 01:35 AM
Chicago has turned into a laughing stock. I love this.

Congrats on your first ever NBA championship. Let's not be all arrogant and act like your team has won six or something like that [emoji6]

bears88
07-04-2016, 02:56 AM
Congrats on your first ever NBA championship. Let's not be all arrogant and act like your team has won six or something like that [emoji6]

What's funny long time ago that user used to be a Bulls fan.

Aust
07-04-2016, 03:00 AM
I can see this working. Maybe Rondo finally finds a new home.

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-04-2016, 03:27 AM
What's funny long time ago that user used to be a Bulls fan.

I'm sure he'll be back with a new user ID when the Bulls are contenders again.

DboneG
07-04-2016, 07:15 AM
I really like this move for Chicago. Not only did they get rid of the mentally fragile Rose; the Bulls added Robin Lopez on a good contract relative to the rest of the market. They can either keep Calderon or find a taker for him. Rondo is a great talent, especially when his head is in the game. He is a triple double threat, but his volatility is what scared teams away from signing him. Rondo is the main reason why Ray Allen didn't resign with Boston. Rondo fizzled out in Dallas. He put up some great stats in Sacramento.

Correct! Good move for the Bulls.

DboneG
07-04-2016, 07:34 AM
Bulls made a good move here. As much as people don't like Ragon Rondo, he's a great talent. The Bulls got rid of their internal problem between Rose and Butler, but, they needed a point guard that can facilitate. Look at their roster...the Bulls have one guy other than Rondo that can create a shot for themselves. Jimmy Butler.
Rondo is huge for the Bulls! THEY NEED THIS GUY BAD!!!
I know DeMarcus Cousins will miss him. Cousins can create a shot for himself. (Nothing like getting easy baskets)

Can these guys create a shot for themselves? The whole Bulls roster is filled with guys that can hardly create a shot for themselves. I say "maybe" because sometimes they will fool you. But, as a whole NO.
Jimmy Butler....Yes
Jerian Grant....maybe, not known for getting his own shots, but, he can at times.
Robin Lopez....no/maybe
Cristiano Felicio....no/maybe
Nikola Mirotic....no/maybe
Taj Gibson.....no/maybe
Jose Calderon....no/maybe
Spencer Dinwiddie....no
Mike Dunleavy....no
Doug McDermott....no/maybe
Denzel Valentine....no/maybe

DboneG
07-04-2016, 07:40 AM
The Bulls need to add more guys to their roster. But, as it stands, they are terrible! Butler and Rondo will be worked to death. Wore out!!

InRoseWeTrust
07-05-2016, 12:20 PM
The Bulls need to add more guys to their roster. But, as it stands, they are terrible! Butler and Rondo will be worked to death. Wore out!!

Butler almost certainly will be a leader or near-leader in minutes played. I doubt that with Rondo, though. We have Grant and Calderon on the roster and it's been reported that the organization is very high on Grant. I think they are going to give him a chance to get minutes.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-05-2016, 04:09 PM
I actually like this signing and thought Rondo had a really nice year last season. He made the Kings a better team even if their record still wasn't very good. The Kings have a lot of other issues that had nothing to do with Rondo. He had a very good year and made them better.

With all the crazy contracts out there, this one wasn't bad at all.

Stunner
07-05-2016, 09:21 PM
In other news, #Bulls, as it stands right now, are expected to introduce Rajon Rondo Thursday, the day he's expecting to sign his Contract.

Chi StateOfMind
07-05-2016, 09:45 PM

I'm not on here enough bro but I'm down. I don't care either way.

zookman65
07-06-2016, 09:49 AM
Rondo single handedly destroyed Mavs plan the year they had him where they traded good young pieces for that pile of doo doo. He has talent but he is nut case and will only selectively try hard.

Stunner
07-07-2016, 03:08 PM
Rondo called he and Butler and Wade are "three alphas" but called it "Jimmy's team."

"Getting a W at the end of the day is all that matters." - @RajonRondo

"I like to spread the ball around and keep everyone happy. Knowing the game, getting guys shots that make them better." - @RajonRondo

Rondo: Hoiberg won't have to stand up and call every play.

Rondo on his history with Wade: "We're older and wiser now."

"What makes me great? The intangibles. The little things I do on the court. I've learned from the best. " - @RajonRondo

Rondo: "you can call me stubborn but I'm intelligent. I don't BS around when it comes to my craft."

Rondo on the reputation as being a problem with coaches: "A lot is perception (but) you make your bed, you lay in it."

Rondo praised Lopez for not backing down to Cousins then slyly added: "I want to see what his hands are like."

Rondo: I'm a pass-first point guard. ... I don't think any of these guys have played with someone like me.

Rondo on Hoiberg: "He's not a dominant coach. He likes giving his players input."

Rondo: "I don't think I'm a dirty player. I play to win."

"I've been in the gym working. I want to show my face and the young guys that the older guys are putting in the work too." - @RajonRondo

Forman: "We want our young players exposed to winning."