PDA

View Full Version : Crawford stays with the Clipps for 3 years

Cracka2HI!
07-03-2016, 06:34 PM
I hear it's 3 years $43 million. I love Jamal but that's a lot for him. So much for any chance at going after Durant or any big name next summer.

https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/status/749732288745787392

kobebabe
07-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Well Doc Overpaid the son and he had to overpay Crawford to cover it up a little bit. Clippers fan would have been outraged if Rivers made more than Crawford

airforceones25
07-03-2016, 07:00 PM
What a freaking joke... Doc Rivers is officially the worst GM in basketball. He has single handedly destroyed the Clippers with terrible asset management and now terrible contracts.

Both Blake and Chris will opt on of their deals next year and if neither of them bolt they will both re-up for monster max deals. The Clipper will be stuck in the same position going forward. Zero cap space and the inability to bring in decent role/bench players all while paying a monster luxury tax bill yearly.. What a joke.

DanG
07-03-2016, 07:06 PM
14M for a 39 year old Crawford in 2019 ? :laugh:

leprechaun5
07-03-2016, 07:07 PM
Just awful.....

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-03-2016, 07:08 PM
14M for a 39 year old Crawford in 2019 ? :laugh:
Its only partially guaranteed

More-Than-Most
07-03-2016, 08:04 PM
I wanted the sixers to max him over the next 2 years :shrug:

Would have been like 44-48 million over 2 years because he fills a ton of our needs and 2 year contract is perfect... this is 3 years and not fully guaranteed. Its Not great but its better than 4 years

IndyRealist
07-03-2016, 08:16 PM
I feel much better about Monta Ellis now.

goingfor28
07-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Doc the GM is an absolute moron

KnicksorBust
07-03-2016, 08:20 PM
What a freaking joke... Doc Rivers is officially the worst GM in basketball. He has single handedly destroyed the Clippers with terrible asset management and now terrible contracts.

Both Blake and Chris will opt on of their deals next year and if neither of them bolt they will both re-up for monster max deals. The Clipper will be stuck in the same position going forward. Zero cap space and the inability to bring in decent role/bench players all while paying a monster luxury tax bill yearly.. What a joke.

Its a shame. Doc is messing up the easy part. The hard part is creating a team with a top 4 as stong as Cp3-Blake-DJ-Reddick. Filling in the role playes should be a piece of cake after that. $80 million to two players who are negatives on the court is just absurd.

Cracka2HI!
07-03-2016, 08:37 PM
I don't think the Crawford and Rivers signings are THAT bad...along with Wes Johnson. The team doesn't have much choice but to pay the market to try to stay competitive. However these contracts do hinder the teams future. These aren't good deals and bad deals always come back to bite you. No matter how much they raise the salary cap.

COOLbeans
07-03-2016, 10:37 PM
Why are people still *****ing about the enormous amounts these players are getting paid? Why the **** does everyone want the owners to benefit from the billions in TV money and don't say ****? But then complain (in vain) about the players getting paid..

Guys like Crawford have played and entertained you all for over decade and people are crying about them making their money LOL.

It's already been repeated enough in this forum already but each team has to now pay a certain percentage amount of money to the players and guys are now getting more than they use to. Guys who are busting their ***** everyday deserve to get paid just like the owners sitting court side.

Scoots
07-03-2016, 11:17 PM
Why are people still *****ing about the enormous amounts these players are getting paid? Why the **** does everyone want the owners to benefit from the billions in TV money and don't say ****? But then complain (in vain) about the players getting paid..

Guys like Crawford have played and entertained you all for over decade and people are crying about them making their money LOL.

It's already been repeated enough in this forum already but each team has to now pay a certain percentage amount of money to the players and guys are now getting more than they use to. Guys who are busting their ***** everyday deserve to get paid just like the owners sitting court side.

I don't think anybody is saying that the players should not get their share, but that the players getting big money are not worth the money they are getting relative to the other talented players getting less. This is a HUGE deal for Crawford's skill set and age.

Vinylman
07-04-2016, 09:14 AM
I don't think anybody is saying that the players should not get their share, but that the players getting big money are not worth the money they are getting relative to the other talented players getting less. This is a HUGE deal for Crawford's skill set and age.

Exactly

It is absurd guys like Lebron Durant etc don't make 40 million a year while so many turds are only making a few million less than them