PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Nicholson to the Wizards

5ass
07-03-2016, 01:48 PM
26mill/4yr contract. One of the best low post players in the NBA and added a 3 pt shot. Hopefully he gets some playing time because wizards fans are going to enjoy watching him abuse players in the post. He's an undersized center and that hurts his impact a lot on the defensive end, but he's effective offensively.

GoferKing_
07-03-2016, 06:46 PM
Damn, this will be a good signing for them.

ThomasTomasz
07-03-2016, 06:52 PM
Right now, only five players are under contract so we need to do as much as possible to fill out the roster. From what you guys are telling me, this looks like a good signing. We also acquired Trey Burke for a 2021 second round pick, and I don't think you can argue with that trade.

GoferKing_
07-03-2016, 07:00 PM
Wizards are making some good moves.

5ass
07-03-2016, 07:22 PM
Right now, only five players are under contract so we need to do as much as possible to fill out the roster. From what you guys are telling me, this looks like a good signing. We also acquired Trey Burke for a 2021 second round pick, and I don't think you can argue with that trade.

Yeah the Burke trade and this signing were both good, but dont expect too much from Nicholson (not saying you are). Its not fair to assume he's going to be a good starter. He improved his defense IMO, and became a better shot blocker, but you don't want him as a starting center because he's still a clear liability. Probably a little worse on defense at PF because he's pretty bad at moving his feet on defense. He's also not a good passer, so you dont want him getting too many touches/minutes.

Offensively though he's a joy to watch. He has great footwork and a great touch. He's probably one of the most underrated players in the league on that end. He absolutely embarrasses some players in the low post though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4CO7qdDRA8

ThomasTomasz
07-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Yeah the Burke trade and this signing were both good, but dont expect too much from Nicholson (not saying you are). Its not fair to assume he's going to be a great starter. He improved his defense IMO, and became a better shot blocker, but you don't want him as a starting center because he's still a clear liability. Probably a little worse on defense at PF because he's pretty bad at moving his feet on defense. He's also not a good passer, so you dont want him getting too many touches/minutes.

Offensively though he's a joy to watch. He has great footwork and a great touch. He's probably one of the most underrated players in the league on that end. He absolutely embarrasses some players in the low post though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4CO7qdDRA8

Thanks for the information. With John Wall getting him the ball, I expect us to be creative with him offensively, and try to limit him defensively. At this point, we have to wait and see who else the Wizards acquire before even looking at the starting lineup.