PDA

View Full Version : Mahinmi 4/64 to Wizards

leprechaun5
07-02-2016, 08:15 PM
Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania
Free agent Ian Mahinmi has agreed to a four year, $64M deal with Washington, league source tells The Vertical.

leprechaun5
07-02-2016, 08:16 PM
They were waiting on Horford. Kind of desperate move. But still Mahinmi is pretty solid big man.

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 08:31 PM
Solid player. Just hope it's enough to get Wall interested... Besides Beal, not much ammo on this team.

j-bay
07-02-2016, 08:32 PM
And the Celtics have jumped up to being my favorite team. The Wizards are second until Ernie is canned

HandsOnTheWheel
07-02-2016, 08:58 PM
And the Celtics have jumped up to being my favorite team. The Wizards are second until Ernie is canned

Do you need to say this in every thread?

j-bay
07-02-2016, 09:04 PM
Do you need to say this in every thread?

This was the final straw

North Yorker
07-02-2016, 09:05 PM
I don't get why they would tie up this much money into a back-up C?

GiantsSwaGG
07-02-2016, 09:10 PM
Mahamimi is a back center being paid as a starter. Don't get it, really don't get what the Wizards are doing

j-bay
07-02-2016, 09:11 PM

Cause its Ernie Grunfield

IndyRealist
07-02-2016, 09:48 PM
They were waiting on Horford. Kind of desperate move. But still Mahinmi is pretty solid big man.

Decent plan B for just more than half what Horford got.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-02-2016, 10:04 PM
So is this the worst deal of the summer? It's the exact same contract Mozgov got but Mozgov is the better player. They are both going to be 30 at the beginning of next year. But for some reason there's 90 post criticizing the Lakers in the Mozgov thread and 10 post here. Confusing.

Anyways, I look at this deal as $11m per year. He was pretty good last year for his first year as a starter so if he continues that output, its a pretty good deal.

raiderposting
07-02-2016, 10:08 PM
So is this the worst deal of the summer? It's the exact same contract Mozgov got but Mozgov is the better player. They are both going to be 30 at the beginning of next year. But for some reason there's 90 post criticizing the Lakers in the Mozgov thread and 10 post here. Confusing.

Anyways, I look at this deal as $11m per year. He was pretty good last year for his first year as a starter so if he continues that output, its a pretty good deal.

Stop trying to defend the dumb *** FO. They mocked the laker forum because we've become pathetic and ****. Lakers have become a laughing stock.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-02-2016, 10:13 PM
Stop trying to defend the dumb *** FO. They mocked the laker forum because we've become pathetic and ****. Lakers have become a laughing stock.

So.... should we be mocking the Wizards front office as well? They signed the same exact contract for a worse player.

But notice I did not do that. I understand what these contracts really equate to and I don't get caught up in a guys points and rebounds as a way to justify a contract. Especially for centers. Their main source of impact now is rim protection and setting screens. Which both guys have shown very capable of doing.

Sadds The Gr8
07-03-2016, 02:05 AM

i'd assume they're gonna trade gortat

jerellh528
07-03-2016, 02:33 AM

Noah's was worse

More-Than-Most
07-03-2016, 02:51 AM

I dont think hes as bad as Mos but the reason why that has 90 pages blah blah is because it was the very first deal... This is a bad deal as well but we are now 50 deals in and nobody gives a crap now lol. It doesnt make the mos deal any better though... both are horrid.

More-Than-Most
07-03-2016, 02:52 AM
Noah's was worse

It depends on health.... If he is healthy they get more out of him then the lakers get from mos in my opinion

I dont get either move. Just throw a max at Howard. Top 15 player for a couple more million dollars

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-03-2016, 03:14 AM
It depends on health.... If he is healthy they get more out of him then the lakers get from mos in my opinion

I dont get either move. Just throw a max at Howard. Top 15 player for a couple more million dollars
Howards out of the question for us. And the three main big men out there wanted nothing to do with us. Horford, Whiteside, and Howard dont want to baby sit kids. The Lakers put out feelers before July 1st, found out they didn't have a shot, and went for the guy who fit their system the most.

More-Than-Most
07-03-2016, 03:30 AM
Howards out of the question for us. And the three main big men out there wanted nothing to do with us. Horford, Whiteside, and Howard dont want to baby sit kids. The Lakers put out feelers before July 1st, found out they didn't have a shot, and went for the guy who fit their system the most.

personally i think you guys dodged bullets on horford and whiteside.... Horford isnt bad but nowhere near worth what he got esp to a team that is trying to let its younger guys grow and rebuild.. Whiteside I have never been a fan of. I think he is so overrated is sad.

FraziersKnicks
07-03-2016, 04:43 AM
Noah's was worse

Noah on one leg provides more to his team than a healthy Mozgov just with his passing alone. If Noah stays healthy and plays ANYTHING like he did before his injury, his deal could turn out to be one of the best this season.

Mozgov was awful last season. He actually completely lost the ability to catch. He wasn't injured or anything. Just straight up trash. Mahinmi last season was twice the player Mozgov has ever been and got less money.

jerellh528
07-03-2016, 05:01 AM
Noah on one leg provides more to his team than a healthy Mozgov just with his passing alone. If Noah stays healthy and plays ANYTHING like he did before his injury, his deal could turn out to be one of the best this season.

Mozgov was awful last season. He actually completely lost the ability to catch. He wasn't injured or anything. Just straight up trash. Mahinmi last season was twice the player Mozgov has ever been and got less money.

Lol never change

FraziersKnicks
07-03-2016, 06:58 AM
Lol never change

Stop trying to justify the Mozgov signing :laugh2:

He's coming off dreadful year and will probably need another knee surgery. Do you really think having all this outrage about his ridiculous contract whilst playing in LA is gonna help him? It's gonna put huge pressure on a guy that doesn't deal well with it.

Both the Mahinmi and Noah signings are much better value than giving a guy like Mozgov nearly $20m a ****ing year.

Mahinmi will be stuck behind Gortat unless he slides over to the 4 for short periods and Noah's productivity is entirely dependant on his health but I would want those guys on their contracts over Mozgov any day of the week.

McAllen Tx
07-03-2016, 08:36 AM
Watching you guys argue about who's contract is worse out of Mozgov, Noah & Mahinmi is like watching you guys have a pissing contest against the wind, no matter who wins you still got piss on yourself.

Apparently Lakers FO & Walton thought Mozgov was the best C for what we want to do and we went out and got him.

Same with Noah in NY, that's the guy they think is best for what they're doing and they went out and got him.

IDK WTF Washington is doing lol

We at least know what both Noahs & Mozgovs roles are gonna be, they will starting Cs, interested (not really IDGAF) to see what Mahinmis role gonna be.

Cracka2HI!
07-03-2016, 12:08 PM
This seems like a silly move. Along with Nicholson I think you can put the Wizards signings up there with the Lakers for worst of the summer so far. However it's becoming very apparent that this is the market.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-03-2016, 02:20 PM
This seems like a silly move. Along with Nicholson I think you can put the Wizards signings up there with the Lakers for worst of the summer so far. However it's becoming very apparent that this is the market.

Uh, the Lakers have made 3 signings. One has been one of the best values of the summer in Clarkson, one was good and league average in Deng, and the one being questioned has shown to be the market value. People acted shocked with Mozgov because he was the first signing of the summer and people were not used to seeing these numbers. But after seeing bench players get 72 million you would think people would start to understand. But alas, human nature wins again. Its almost impossible to change a persons initial view point no matter how much evidence is provided. At last years cap, Mozgov at 4 years and 44 million for a starting center is reasonable. And next year, his contract is equal to 4 years $36 million.

Cracka2HI!
07-03-2016, 05:43 PM
I think the Lakers hurt their future pretty bad tying up all that cap space on Mozgov and Deng. 2 guys that will likely need to be replaced in the starting lineup the last 2 years of those deals when their young players are becoming ready to be big time NBA players. Clarkson was a good signing tho. I'll give you that.

Teeboy1487
07-03-2016, 06:32 PM
I think the Lakers hurt their future pretty bad tying up all that cap space on Mozgov and Deng. 2 guys that will likely need to be replaced in the starting lineup the last 2 years of those deals when their young players are becoming ready to be big time NBA players. Clarkson was a good signing tho. I'll give you that.
They should not be starters right now. They are reserves at best. I agree with this post.

ThomasTomasz
07-03-2016, 07:00 PM

I am a big Ted Leonsis fan. He has his ear to the ground as far as fans are concerned, and loves to interact with them (sometimes too much.) He has a lot of great qualities, many that he learned from Abe Pollin, but the one bad one he inherited was loyalty. He gave former Capitals GM George McPhee a lot more time than just about any owner would have done to turn things around before canning him, and I see Grunfeld getting the same treatment.

What ticks me off the most is that we had a great playoff run two years ago, but instead of keeping that group together, we let a lot of them walk and started looking two years forward to get Durant. As it turns out, that plan failed, but why give up that core? Perhaps if we kept them together, there might have been a shot at getting KD.

I was really into basketball that spring, and wasn't before then or after. It's really not a sport that interests me in following, but I do keep up with the Wizards, and how they are doing is how much I will actually watch.