PDA

View Full Version : Courtney Lee signs with the Knicks

GiantsSwaGG
07-02-2016, 08:13 PM
Courtney Lee has agreed to 4-yr, approximately $48M deal with the Knicks.

Love this move, solid starting 5 hoping Rose and Noah play most of the season, now time to fill out the bench

Captain Moroni
07-02-2016, 08:14 PM
Really like this move. Eric Gordon wasn't doing it for me

greg_ory_2005
07-02-2016, 08:14 PM
Solid SG and brings them outside shooting that they need

KnicksorBust
07-02-2016, 08:27 PM
Courtney Lee signed with the Knicks for 4 years at $50 million. Perfect signing. Consistent perimeter threat. 38% from 3pt for his career. 38% from 3pt last season. Much better defender than Gordon. And clearly a role player who doesn't play iso ball. Plus no injury risks with him as he played in 77 games or more in each of the last 4 seasons. So glad we got him instead of Turner or Gordon. Loving this starting 5: Rose-CLee-Melo-Kp-Noah

Looking forward to watching my favorite team of all sports play some playoff basketball again!

Lakers + Giants
07-02-2016, 08:30 PM
Courtney Lee signed with the Knicks for 4 years at $50 million. Perfect signing. Consistent perimeter threat. 38% from 3pt for his career. 38% from 3pt last season. Much better defender than Gordon. And clearly a role player who doesn't play iso ball. Plus no injury risks with him as he played in 77 games or more in each of the last 4 seasons. So glad we got him instead of Turner or Gordon. Loving this starting 5: Rose-CLee-Melo-Kp-Noah

Looking forward to watching my favorite team of all sports play some playoff basketball again!

Enjoy it man! Should be a fun season. :cheers:

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 08:33 PM
Nice signing. Saved themselves from a mass contract for Gordon. I guess no Wade, then?

Crackadalic
07-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Fantastic contract. Reports say he wouldn't have taken a deal this low if not for noah so thanks bro bro

HandsOnTheWheel
07-02-2016, 08:52 PM
Really good signing. Lee always seems to be part of winning clubs no matter the team. Knick fans should be ecstatic.

hugepatsfan
07-02-2016, 08:53 PM
I like this for them. Defense/shooting is what they need.

Rose
Lee
Melo
Porzingis
Noah

That's a good starting 5. They need to fill out their bench now.

KnicksorBust
07-02-2016, 09:02 PM
I like this for them. Defense/shooting is what they need.

Rose
Lee
Melo
Porzingis
Noah

That's a good starting 5. They need to fill out their bench now.

First time in a while we could potentially be an above average defensive team. Not top 5 or anything but nice to see some defense scattered throughout the lineup.

xxplayerxx23
07-02-2016, 09:10 PM
First time in a while we could potentially be an above average defensive team. Not top 5 or anything but nice to see some defense scattered throughout the lineup.

If Noah was 2013 Noah we would have a top 7-10 defense lol hopefully we can get to top 13 ish

mngopher35
07-02-2016, 09:16 PM
Ya that's a solid lineup that should be pretty fun to watch if they stay healthy

ewing
07-02-2016, 09:18 PM
only 50 million under the new cap i think that qualifies as slave labor

DboneG
07-02-2016, 09:42 PM
Phil Jackson is redeeming himself... because I was starting to think he was a horse **** of a front office man. Wait! Is that Jeff Hornacek making these moves?
Another good move! Courtney Lee is a good ball player but, he's a journeyman. Why? He just bounces from team to team...8 years 7 teams. wow

ewing
07-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Phil Jackson is redeeming himself... because I was starting to think he was a horse **** of a front office man. Wait! Is that Jeff Hornacek making these moves?
Another good move! Courtney Lee is a good ball player but, he's a journeyman. Why? He just bounces from team to team...8 years 7 teams. wow

He doesn't do anything well enough for people to think that the grass isn't greener but fact is he is a good defender and one of those guys that never hurts you.

DboneG
07-02-2016, 09:48 PM
"Lee’s deal with the Knicks “would not have happened without Joakim Noah,” a source close to Lee told Begley. Lee had several offers to decide from and chose New York in part because of Noah’s recruitment."...Way to go Joakim!

TheMightyHumph
07-02-2016, 10:03 PM
Nice signing. Saved themselves from a mass contract for Gordon. I guess no Wade, then?

Gordon got 4 yrs, $53 mil from Rockets

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-02-2016, 10:08 PM
Gordon got 4 yrs, $53 mil from Rockets

True, and while Gordon is the better player I think Lee is the better fit for the Knicks. Gordon is a scorer. They have enough of those. I like Lee better for the Knicks. His defensive impact is overrated but he is a far better Defender than Gordon

KnicksorBust
07-02-2016, 10:14 PM
null

And Noah wouldn't be here without another guy recruiting him. Looks like DRose already got his first 2 assists.

ewing
07-02-2016, 10:16 PM

If Noah can regain this mobility. it will be fun to watch him and KP flying all over the floor

KnickNyKnick
07-02-2016, 10:45 PM
And Noah wouldn't be here without another guy recruiting him. Looks like DRose already got his first 2 assists.

:D leading the league so far. MVP is back!

xxplayerxx23
07-02-2016, 10:59 PM
Man if Noah can stay healthy man oh man. KP takes the next step we could be a solid playoff team

rhymeratic
07-03-2016, 01:18 AM

People don't give this man the credit he is due:

1. He got Melo to take $122 million, not full max to give us some more room in the future. Without that, we would never have had enough to get a Courtney Lee
2. We have ALL OUR 1st round DRAFT PICKS and a couple of 2nd rounders going forward (stop the media nonsense of the Knicks don't have picks, total baloney)
3. Traded junk to get Derrick Rose who is on a contract year. Safe bet that he returns to all-star level play
4. Drafted potential top 10 player in Porzingis. (You already know he'll be better in year 2)
5. Got us Joakim Noah at C
6. Maintained flexibility in future with Rose expiring at $21 million plus another major jump in cap, we could have money to bring in two max players next summer.

This is a top 4 team in the east regardless of what the bench is. I'd take my chances with Rose/Melo/Porzingis against anyone's big 3 in the East. We coming for you Lebron!

KnicksorBust
07-03-2016, 09:31 AM
Enjoy it man! Should be a fun season. :cheers:

Thanks L+G. :)

If Noah was 2013 Noah we would have a top 7-10 defense lol hopefully we can get to top 13 ish

That's what I'm thinking. Honestly Melo is the only negative defensive player in that lineup but with Noah being a vocal leader calling out screens and switches I think that will up Melo's game.

only 50 million under the new cap i think that qualifies as slave labor

:laugh:

True, and while Gordon is the better player I think Lee is the better fit for the Knicks. Gordon is a scorer. They have enough of those. I like Lee better for the Knicks. His defensive impact is overrated but he is a far better Defender than Gordon

Completely agree. Lee is the better defender, doesn't need to the ball to be effective (which is important when you are playing with Rose and Melo), and doesn't come with the injury risks. He's played at least 77 games in the last 4 seasons. We needed a healthy 3 and D player desperately and we got arguably the best one on the market. Liked him way more for our team than Turner/Gordon/Rivers/Crawford/etc.

KnicksorBust
07-03-2016, 09:37 AM
If Noah can regain this mobility. it will be fun to watch him and KP flying all over the floor

As much as I wanted to go small and play Melo at PF and try and exploit teams offensively with KP at center... I'm actually glad he won't have to do the heavy lifting full-time. We can play him there for stretches and keep Noah on the handful of big men that could have given Porzingis trouble in the post. Plus it opens him up to a scorer on offense. I really think for us to be a threat to win a series in the playoffs we need Porzingis to be scoring 18-20ppg. I'm afraid Rose and Melo will dominate the ball.

:D leading the league so far. MVP is back!

:laugh: Sign me up if we can get 90% of that player. I just want him to attack the basket in transition... work pick and rolls/pops with KP... and play hard on defense.

Green_Monster
07-03-2016, 09:42 AM
People don't give this man the credit he is due:

1. He got Melo to take $122 million, not full max to give us some more room in the future. Without that, we would never have had enough to get a Courtney Lee
2. We have ALL OUR 1st round DRAFT PICKS and a couple of 2nd rounders going forward (stop the media nonsense of the Knicks don't have picks, total baloney)
3. Traded junk to get Derrick Rose who is on a contract year. Safe bet that he returns to all-star level play
4. Drafted potential top 10 player in Porzingis. (You already know he'll be better in year 2)
5. Got us Joakim Noah at C
6. Maintained flexibility in future with Rose expiring at $21 million plus another major jump in cap, we could have money to bring in two max players next summer.

This is a top 4 team in the east regardless of what the bench is. I'd take my chances with Rose/Melo/Porzingis against anyone's big 3 in the East. We coming for you Lebron!

Rose is a safe bet to return to all-star level play? Good lord. He was bad last year. So was Noah. That "junk" was a better player than him last year (Lopez).

A top four team regardless of the bench? Come on, man.

On another note, I like this for the Knicks. Lee is a solid player.

FraziersKnicks
07-03-2016, 10:02 AM
My favourite signing so far. Wanted Lee the most out of Lee/Gordon/Turner/Wade. I think he fits the team the best out of all those guys with his shooting and defense.

Very happy.

NYKnickFanatic
07-03-2016, 10:04 AM
Rose is a safe bet to return to all-star level play? Good lord. He was bad last year. So was Noah. That "junk" was a better player than him last year (Lopez).

Don't sweat it. Just a Knicks fan over hyping the team like we do every year lol.

DarkKnight
07-03-2016, 10:05 AM

Rose wasn't that bad last year , see you in the Knicks forum soon ;)

Green_Monster
07-03-2016, 10:11 AM
My favourite signing so far. Wanted Lee the most out of Lee/Gordon/Turner/Wade. I think he fits the team the best out of all those guys with his shooting and defense.

Very happy.

He's definitely a really good fit. He doesn't need the ball to have a positive impact, plays smart, and plays good defense.

Well, this post tells me all I need to know. He was one of the worst starting PG's in the league. I guess that's "not that bad" though. :)

Green_Monster
07-03-2016, 10:14 AM
Don't sweat it. Just a Knicks fan over hyping the team like we do every year lol.

It's all good to be excited, you've made some good moves and upgraded the team. This team will be exciting to watch, no matter how the season plays out. I just thought that post was a little overboard.

knickfan371
07-03-2016, 10:28 AM
He's definitely a really good fit. He doesn't need the ball to have a positive impact, plays smart, and plays good defense.

Well, this post tells me all I need to know. He was one of the worst starting PG's in the league. I guess that's "not that bad" though. :)

He started getting his mobility back by the end of the season and was exploding to the basket.I think people in general just hate ny/nj. Welp suck it up the Giants ,Knicks ,Mets are going to make noise. My beloved Yankees are done so guess people have that.

GiantsSwaGG
07-03-2016, 11:01 AM
It's all good to be excited, you've made some good moves and upgraded the team. This team will be exciting to watch, no matter how the season plays out. I just thought that post was a little overboard.

Alil overboard? Dude is clueless lol when healthy were a playoff team but that's a "BIG IF" I love the Lee move, still uneven with the Noah deal, same with Rose but Rose is a rental and if he sucks he's gone. Overall the Knicks/East improving is good for basketball. Hopefully everyone stays healthy. Now all we need is a legit 6th man (hopefully Crawford) and with Gallo, Lance Thomas and Justin Holiday, our bench will be find. Also want Grevies Vasquez

nycericanguy
07-03-2016, 11:38 AM
so the deal is 4/48m... that's actually one of the better deals of the offseason... basically $8-9 under last years cap.

KnicksorBust
07-03-2016, 11:52 AM

Very happy.

Won't fight too hard against your claims but my question would be when were his worst full months of the season? I think it is obvious they were oct-nov-dec. He played better once the calendar turned. I don't think that is debatable.

Green_Monster
07-03-2016, 12:22 PM
Won't fight too hard against your claims but my question would be when were his worst full months of the season? I think it is obvious they were oct-nov-dec. He played better once the calendar turned. I don't think that is debatable.

He did play better later in the year. You're right, that part isn't debatable.

nycericanguy
07-03-2016, 12:25 PM
He did play better later in the year. You're right, that part isn't debatable.

The Rose post eye injury last year, 17 & 6 on 45%... would be a HUGE upgrade at PG for NY... I think he can do better under JH who has worked well with PG's, and also playing with KP & Melo... vs Butler last year.

MJL80
07-03-2016, 12:50 PM
Rose (Noah) and Noah (Lee) have recruited more talent in a week than Melo's recruited in his years with the Knicks.

Lee is a very nice player... Hopefully he's found a home

effen5
07-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Lol this was the team I wanted to see a few years ago with the Bulls when Rose was healthy. Rose, Noah, Melo, Lee... All over the hill but still, it might be a fun team to watch.

xxplayerxx23
07-03-2016, 02:35 PM
Lol this was the team I wanted to see a few years ago with the Bulls when Rose was healthy. Rose, Noah, Melo, Lee... All over the hill but still, it might be a fun team to watch.

Lee is as good as he ever was. Melo isn't done being a good ball player either

NYKNYGNYY
07-03-2016, 03:59 PM
Nobody is saying the Knicks are gonna win the east all us Knicks fans are saying that if this team is healthy we can definetly make the ECF ... If we can have 4 of the 5 healthy at all times it's a very good team ... I didn't see many bulls games last year but I would imagine Noah was uninspired ... Rose is not a gamble at all it's a win win... If he stays healthy it's awesome and we re sign him if not we don't re sign him... Lee is a good defender that can hit the 3 all around we upgraded and the way the free agency period has gone compared to other teams we didn't over pay

smith&wesson
07-03-2016, 04:26 PM
this might be the best team melo has ever played with.