PDA

View Full Version : Sox Banned from IFAs for one year; void contracts of five



RedSoxtober
07-01-2016, 06:09 PM
According to multiple reports, the Red Sox have been banned from signing international players for the next year and had five of their prospects declared free agents after a MLB investigation found a violation of signing rules last year.

The Red Sox were limited to spending a maximum of $300,000 on a prospect last year and manipulated that by using “package deals” where an agent would have two players sign and give some money that was said to be all for one player to that other player. They had the $300,000 cap because it exceeded spending limits the year before when they signed Yoan Moncada.

The five players declared free agents are outfielders Albert Guaimaro and Simon Muzziotti, infielders Antonio Pinero and Eduardo Torrealba, and right-handed pitcher Cesar Gonzalez. They can sign with any other team as of Saturday, the start of the new international signing period.weei.com

By making these five FAs while banning the Sox from any IFAs for the next year, they've effectively forced them out of the Sox' system.

Chazm
07-01-2016, 06:10 PM
Busted!

Bo Sox Fan
07-01-2016, 08:15 PM
Sox get busted for sweet talking a little more than every other team that does the same?

Could care less knowing it didn't involve Moncada or Espinoza.

Petertherock
07-02-2016, 10:19 PM
They cheated and got caught. Now they have to pay the price.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RedSoxtober
07-03-2016, 01:59 PM
Internationally, the Sox were also in some way burned. An informant helped MLB make its case, a person familiar with the case told the Herald. The informant was not identified, but the door is open to the possibility another team was essentially out to get the Red Sox.Boston Herald