PDA

View Full Version : Delly nearing a 4-year, $38 mill deal with the Bucks

shep33
07-01-2016, 03:58 PM
Bucks are nearing a 4-year, $38M deal for Matthew Dellavedova, sources tell

Give LeBron half my man

RLundi
07-01-2016, 04:02 PM
I know this is just a harbinger of things to come due to the cap increase, but I find this deal for Delly absolutely disgusting. Like, this guy doesn't do anything that much different than you or me in an LA Fitness gym. The fact that he's getting paid almost $10M a year and I may never make that in my lifetime saddens and discourages me. Yeah I'm jealous, so what?

da ThRONe
07-01-2016, 04:02 PM
Make sense. Ginnais will handle the point guard duties. They just need defense and spacing.

shep33
07-01-2016, 04:03 PM
It makes sense for the Bucks... but yeah the money just sucks everywhere now lol

Tony_Starks
07-01-2016, 04:05 PM
The Finals performance where he dehydrated himself last year was his claim to fame!

FlashBolt
07-01-2016, 04:05 PM
Crowd favorite. You guys are going to love this guy if all you need is defense, toughness, and hustle plays.

NYKnickFanatic
07-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Mozgov, now Delly.

Next is RJ.

Cavs need to rebuild ASAP!

beasted86
07-01-2016, 04:06 PM
I know this is just a harbinger of things to come due to the cap increase, but I find this deal for Delly absolutely disgusting. Like, this guy doesn't do anything that much different than you or me in an LA Fitness gym. The fact that he's getting paid almost $10M a year and I may never make that in my lifetime saddens and discourages me. Yeah I'm jealous, so what?
Shumpert set the market for average role players who aren't standout in any particular category last summer.

Its clear $9-10M is now the standard pay.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Clint Olbrock
07-01-2016, 04:08 PM
Shwoo wee that is steep!

Vee-Rex
07-01-2016, 04:10 PM
Ahh, too much money for us to be able to afford.

I'm gonna miss him on our team. Bucks fans will appreciate what he'll bring to their team.

Tony_Starks
07-01-2016, 04:14 PM
Derrick Fisher somewhere like "man why did I retire?"

Lol

FlashBolt
07-01-2016, 04:16 PM
Mozgov, now Delly.

Next is RJ.

Cavs need to rebuild ASAP!

RJ loves LeBron and Cleveland now. They showed him so much love the entire season. He's going back for a vet minimum. At this point, he's all about titles.

kobe4thewinbang
07-01-2016, 04:23 PM
So, uh, MCW is definitely a goner, right? Buyout/trade?

If Kidd wants to run Giannis at the PG spot, this means bringing Delly in off the bench? Or maybe pushing Giannis back up to the SF and have Delly defend?

Chronz
07-01-2016, 05:15 PM

If Kidd wants to run Giannis at the PG spot, this means bringing Delly in off the bench? Or maybe pushing Giannis back up to the SF and have Delly defend?

Pretty sure they dont care about MCW. Delly is the kind of guy you want alongside Giannis Johnson, its just you wish he was more talented.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2016, 05:21 PM

When they say they want to run him at the PG I don't think they mean literally have him be their PG on the depth chart. I think they just have him, even as a SF, run what is traditionally the PG role on offense as a primary ball handler.

Giannis94
07-01-2016, 05:28 PM
I hated this move and the Kidd move at gut reaction. After javing time to think this sequence over I still hate the Kidd ext. and am warming myself up to Delly under the silvwr lining thst this means decreased PT for MCW and the fact that the Bucks still have a brighter future than the Lakers. It also makes things slightly better considering the fact that the Bucks paid 2 mediocre players nearly the same amount as the LOL Lakers paid for one horroble player.

GoferKing_
07-01-2016, 06:11 PM
Barely a bench player gets 38mln/4years...

DboneG
07-01-2016, 06:42 PM
Smh

DboneG
07-01-2016, 06:43 PM
I just know there's going to be a lockout.

LeonFSU
07-01-2016, 07:47 PM
I like how Lebron wished him luck in Milwaukee when the Cavaliers can match.

FlashBolt
07-01-2016, 07:55 PM
I like how Lebron wished him luck in Milwaukee when the Cavaliers can match.

Lmao, is it even official? LeBron has the checkbook I guess.

flea
07-01-2016, 09:20 PM
Not a bad deal at all, especially for a team that gives possessions to Middleton and Giannis as playmakers. He defends hard, is a solid shooter, and his floater looked better this year to me than it did in the year before. He'd have a role on any team as a backup, and the Bucks are the kind of team he could start for and thrive in that role.

prodigy
07-02-2016, 04:23 AM
Give LeBron half my man

why? Delly is a hustle/defensive minded player. That has nothing to do with LeBron.

zookman65
07-02-2016, 07:08 AM
I just know there's going to be a lockout.

More likely a strike as the players will want what they perceive is their fair share of an exploding revenue stream.

Minimal
07-02-2016, 11:09 AM
why? Delly is a hustle/defensive minded player. That has nothing to do with LeBron.
It's questionable if he would be in the league if not for LeBron and Cavaliers

rocket
07-02-2016, 07:53 PM

:facepalm:

terrible post

Arch Stanton
07-02-2016, 08:11 PM

He plays solid defense. Shot over 40% from 3 last season. Has a great assist-to-turnover ratio. Good passer. The Bucks fans will love him. I don't think he's a great starting PG, but he will be able to run the offense well. I hope the Cavs match this offer but doubt it will happen. Was my favorite player the last two years.

Arch Stanton
07-02-2016, 08:17 PM
Delly was also part of one of the best line ups (in terms of plus/minus) last season. (Includes LeBron) With Delly on the bench Cavs had a net rating of 6.2; with Delly (w/ LeBron) on the court the Cavs had a net rating of 16.5. He's a great pick up for the Bucks, assuming he's healthy.

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 08:35 PM
:facepalm:

terrible post

You would think 30 teams would see differently... not even one team thinks that.

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 08:36 PM
Delly was also part of one of the best line ups (in terms of plus/minus) last season. (Includes LeBron) With Delly on the bench Cavs had a net rating of 6.2; with Delly (w/ LeBron) on the court the Cavs had a net rating of 16.5. He's a great pick up for the Bucks, assuming he's healthy.

healthy or not, he's going to give it 100%. Great pickup.

prodigy
07-03-2016, 03:37 AM

bad post.

I agree with everyone else. He's a baller. Not a starter but great energy off bench.

ManRam
07-03-2016, 11:14 AM
If you can defend and knock down threes you'll have a career in the NBA. He's a fine backup. And this is what fine backups get paid now.

rocket
07-03-2016, 01:12 PM
You would think 30 teams would see differently... not even one team thinks that.

hey man let's go sign up for the NBA draft. heard they're paying guys from L.A fitness 4 years 38 mill

zookman65
07-04-2016, 07:36 AM
hey man let's go sign up for the NBA draft. heard they're paying guys from L.A fitness 4 years 38 mill

I don't know man, most meat-heads walking around L.A. fitness 2 or 3 hours a day can barely do anything athletic except carry their 1 gallon water jug around while staring at themselves in the mirror. The NBA wont be calling soon. If a team could find a guy as good as Delly at the YMCA they would and pay him NBA minimum.

zookman65
07-04-2016, 07:47 AM

This is a frustrating statement on so many levels. First of all what an entertainer (professional sports is nothing more than entertainment) makes has no bearing on your earning potential nor is it in any way keeping you down and preventing you from having a happy successful career and life

Secondly, most red blooded Americans value our economic system which can lead to great wealth for those who are either lucky enough, clever enough, work hard enough and or are uniquely talented enough to excel in a field that is highly valued in society except when it comes to professional athletes. Don't hate on an NBA player because we the fans demand their product to the degree in which 6 billion in revenues is generated annually. So since the revenues are what they are would you prefer to see all the money go straight into the owners pocket? Would that make you less discouraged? Obviously the owners wont drop their prices or concession prices since people are willing to buy the NBA products at the current pricing.