PDA

View Full Version : Demar Derozan re-signs with Raptors

mnatiq
07-01-2016, 02:08 AM
Terms not disclosed yet. As per USA today and bleacher

Aust
07-01-2016, 02:08 AM
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 5m

DeMar DeRozan has decided to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors, @USATODAYsports has learned. Terms not finalized.

That was quick.

Rush
07-01-2016, 02:11 AM

"DeMar DeRozan's deal with Toronto is expected to be for five years, but the Raptors have other moving pieces so his $$ is unclear."

HandsOnTheWheel
07-01-2016, 02:13 AM
5 year/128 million, like Beal I'm guessing?

bucketss
07-01-2016, 02:16 AM
139 mil holy **** :speechless:

More-Than-Most
07-01-2016, 02:16 AM
really happy... He was willing to meet with the sixers... I wanted no part because of how terrible a fit he is for us.

shep33
07-01-2016, 02:17 AM
140 mill

mnatiq
07-01-2016, 02:20 AM
Good for the raps they stay contenders in the east. Sure all of Toronto is hoping that durant stays in the West and LeBron goes west as well.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-01-2016, 02:21 AM
I stand corrected, holy ****.

kobe4thewinbang
07-01-2016, 02:30 AM
28/27 million per for DeRozan...and yet Lakers reached out first to Mosgov for about 10 million less than that per year, smh.

What is Mitch doing? Whiteside > Mostov, am I right?

16m of 58m for Mosgov? He doesn't suck, but golly.

allSUAVE
07-01-2016, 02:38 AM
These contract Make melo Contract not so bad

shep33
07-01-2016, 02:50 AM
28/27 million per for DeRozan...and yet Lakers reached out first to Mosgov for about 10 million less than that per year, smh.

What is Mitch doing? Whiteside > Mostov, am I right?

16m of 58m for Mosgov? He doesn't suck, but golly.

Derozan doesn't make sense for us, nor did he want to play anywhere else in the NBA

zn23
07-01-2016, 03:01 AM
Biggest mistake the Raps will probably ever make

They can't get to the next level with this guy. He hurts the development of Jonas, he can't do much else besides draw fouls. 2nd round exits are what they're in store for the next 5 years.

still1ballin
07-01-2016, 08:23 AM
Hahaha

Cal827
07-01-2016, 09:00 AM
While I'm happy he did resign, I do hope that he learns to defer the ball more. I know he's not gonna be a great 3 point shooter (which on this Raptors team, is fine, since pretty much everyone else can hit 3s minus Jonas), but if he were able to slash through, then kick the ball out to an open wing, or JV when the double team comes more frequently, our offense would run more smoothly.... He had a phase where he was averaging like 7 assists per game, where did that go :laugh2:

Also (as I see who posted last):

:dance:

aman_13
07-01-2016, 09:45 AM
Wait until next yr and see how crazy these contracts will get.

Anyways, I'm happy he is back. Now got to find a way to get Biz back.

archdevil84
07-01-2016, 10:16 AM
might aswell give lebron a 50 mil per year contract if demar derozan gets 29 lol

kobe4thewinbang
07-01-2016, 12:01 PM
I like the guy, but hopefully he develops a more consistent jumper and maybe a reliable 3PT shot over these next 5 years.

Tony_Starks
07-01-2016, 12:59 PM
This move saves the Lakers from themselves...

Ty Fast
07-01-2016, 01:19 PM
I don't know this for sure but isnt this the 2nd biggest contract in NBA history? I think AD's contract last year was the biggest and it was for like 145.

S & B Bleeder
07-01-2016, 01:20 PM
This move saves the Lakers from themselves...

The dumbshits running the lakeshow just dropped 18 million a year on MozSloth. There is NO saving them from themselves.

Tony_Starks
07-01-2016, 01:21 PM
The dumbshits running the lakeshow just dropped 18 million a year on MozSloth. There is NO saving them from themselves.

Mozgov actually wasn't a bad signing sir.

It just wasn't a 12:01 signing.

S & B Bleeder
07-01-2016, 01:43 PM

That remains to be seen, my good man. Time will tell. I personally hated the Hibbert deal, and was railed by many here who thought he would be a "great" addition and defensive anchor. We saw how that played out.

They now signed the guy who rated slightly better than Hibbert statistically. Im not holding my breath.

Give me Pau 10 times out of 10 in this situation.

It just wasn't a 12:01 signing.

In my mind, the only 12:01 signing in this years class was Durant.

FlashBolt
07-01-2016, 01:55 PM
How is Mosgov not a bad signing? What are the Lakers trying to do? Rebuild, win? They should have waited to see what other superstar players are doing and then settle for Mosgov. No one is going to want to come to the Lakers because of Mosgov. Looks like another 30 win at most for the Lakers...

Mosgov
Randle
Ingram
Clarkson
Russell

Your veteran is Mosgov.. a 7 foot Russian who has no idea how to catch a ball. Good thing Kobe retired...

S & B Bleeder
07-01-2016, 02:02 PM
Good thing Kobe retired...

Actually yes, it is good. For Kobe.

Because NOW he isnt there to kick around or be blamed for "free agents not wanting to sign". Its now all on the garbage ownership of the Lakers.

They are now being exposed nationally as the utter dumbshits us Lakerfans already knew they were.

FlashBolt
07-01-2016, 02:11 PM
Actually yes, it is good. For Kobe.

Because NOW he isnt there to kick around or be blamed for "free agents not wanting to sign". Its now all on the garbage ownership of the Lakers.

They are now being exposed nationally as the utter dumbshits us Lakerfans already knew they were.

Most Lakers fans are diehard but I wouldn't blame you guys if you transitioned to another team for now. There is no hope. If they are willing to pay Mosgov $16 million, then I'm pretty sure they are also willing to go after Dion Waiters with a max contract with a pen waiting for him.

LanceUpperCut
07-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Biggest mistake the Raps will probably ever make

They can't get to the next level with this guy. He hurts the development of Jonas, he can't do much else besides draw fouls. 2nd round exits are what they're in store for the next 5 years.

? They just made the East finals why are they stuck in the 2nd round now?

Tony_Starks
07-01-2016, 02:22 PM
How is Mosgov not a bad signing? What are the Lakers trying to do? Rebuild, win? They should have waited to see what other superstar players are doing and then settle for Mosgov. No one is going to want to come to the Lakers because of Mosgov. Looks like another 30 win at most for the Lakers...

Mosgov
Randle
Ingram
Clarkson
Russell

Your veteran is Mosgov.. a 7 foot Russian who has no idea how to catch a ball. Good thing Kobe retired...

It's not a bad signing because it goes toward filling a major need. We are in desperate need of a legit C. He is that. Last year was a throw away, he was hurt and even healthy a bad matchup for GS small ball.

We drafted a young C, this will be a good sparring partner.

You can't look at the money, everybody is getting paid this summer.

DboneG
07-01-2016, 03:47 PM
Mosgov is not a bad pickup for the Lakers. He moves well for a big man. Decent moves down low, he has bad hands...seems like he's always losing the ball on a break. He's a good defender. I'm surprised the Cavs didn't use him more. I'm sure he could have gotten a few more minutes from the Cavs. Mosgov moves better than Hibbert.

DboneG
07-01-2016, 03:49 PM
Wilt! Kareem! Shaq! Mosgov! Yeah baby!

SeoulBeatz
07-01-2016, 10:04 PM
While I'm happy he did resign, I do hope that he learns to defer the ball more. I know he's not gonna be a great 3 point shooter (which on this Raptors team, is fine, since pretty much everyone else can hit 3s minus Jonas), but if he were able to slash through, then kick the ball out to an open wing, or JV when the double team comes more frequently, our offense would run more smoothly.... He had a phase where he was averaging like 7 assists per game, where did that go :laugh2:

Also (as I see who posted last):

:dance:

Yeah the offensive philosophy in toronto has to change. From what i saw in the playoffs, they rely too much on isolation plays. When the moved the ball they had a lot of success and got easy points for their bigs (biyombo in particular)

Avenged
07-01-2016, 10:30 PM
[QUOTE=S & B Bleeder;31034184]The dumbshits running the lakeshow just dropped 18 million a year on MozSloth. There is NO saving them from themselves.

It just wasn't a 12:01 signing.[/QUOTE

You're right. It was beyond horrendously bad to the second power times one hundred. Oh well.

Avenged
07-01-2016, 10:32 PM
Mosgov is not a bad pickup for the Lakers. He moves well for a big man. Decent moves down low, he has bad hands...seems like he's always losing the ball on a break. He's a good defender. I'm surprised the Cavs didn't use him more. I'm sure he could have gotten a few more minutes from the Cavs. Mosgov moves better than Hibbert.

Not sure if praising or not.... :confused:

zn23
07-01-2016, 10:58 PM
? They just made the East finals why are they stuck in the 2nd round now?

Keep in mind that the Pacers just got a lot better. The Hawks picked up Howard, and the Heat could get back both Wade and Bosh.

Raptors were fortunate to make it to the ECF. They had a lot of things go their way. You can't expect that kind of luck year after year. They're going to be good enough to make it past the first round, but now making it to the ECF is going to be a lot tougher.

LA_Raiders
07-01-2016, 11:46 PM
Good sign by the raps the kid played well in the poffs and he will just get better. Fellow laker fans wanted him out of LA, but really he is better than any player on the team, and we ended up with a back up center for 4yrs 16M/yr, instead of a solid starter. What a shame.

Bigbadmoffo
07-02-2016, 12:06 AM
Lots of teams would have gave DD max. Why let an asset walk when you can sign him and trade him later for something else. in 2 years when he hits his prime and the cap goes up this is a solid piece to trade. If you let him walk what could they have done with the cap space? Everyone is getting max money and without DD we arent gonna get a allstar to Toronto with so many teams having full cap space.

aman_13
07-02-2016, 12:11 AM
DeMar signed for less than the max. He was eligible for $153 million.

Dade County
07-02-2016, 01:14 AM
As long as Raps fans are happy, thats all that matters.

We all know that he isn't a player to push them into the final's and winning it all. But if they could actually get a real super star to come in down the rd, then just maybe everything can workout for them in 3yrs, when Lbj is really slowed down.

I myself don't like any of these over payed signings.

rapsjaysfan88
07-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Laker fans are just mad cuz everybody said DD was coming home. He is, just 4 the summer :). Not many players avg 23-4.5-4 and get 2 the line almost 10 times a game and shoot 45 and 34% from 3. He also has played over 70 gms or, more per season except once. If that piece of glass Beal gets the max, so DD.