PDA

View Full Version : (42-36) Boston Red Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels (32-47)

Green_Monster
06-30-2016, 11:29 PM
Game 1 - Friday at 7:10
Steven Wright vs Jhoulys Chacin

Game 2 - Saturday at 7:15
Clay Buchholz vs Hector Santiago

Game 3 - Sunday at 1:35
TBD vs Matt Shoemaker

RedSoxtober
07-01-2016, 09:39 AM
Can we start sticking the game/series threads while the series is being played (and unsticking when it's over)?

Green_Monster
07-01-2016, 02:46 PM
Can we start sticking the game/series threads while the series is being played (and unsticking when it's over)?

Yes. Also, Brock Holt is back. :)

Today the #RedSox activated OF/INF Brock Holt from the 15-day DL and optioned INF Mike Miller to Triple-A Pawtucket.

- Red Sox Twitter

The Allen
07-01-2016, 03:08 PM
Good. We needed Holt back as our ultimate bench player.

We just need to string a couple good series together before the first half ends.

Soxfan85
07-01-2016, 04:32 PM
@RochieWBZ 55s55 seconds ago
Sean O'Sullivan will start Sunday for #RedSox - was recommended by @PawSox staff over Aaron Wilkerson, who has pitched well down there #wbz

Guess the Sox want to lose

Last 3 Starts

Hou: 4IP 5 ER
NYY: 1IP 1 ER
OAK: 6IP 6 ER

RedSoxtober
07-01-2016, 05:37 PM
Huh, I thought that he was getting rocked in AAA. He did have a lousy outing (4IP, 10H, 5ER, 2BB, 1K) after returning to PAW but his other starts were very good (30IP, 28H, 4ER, 2BB, 18K). That k-rate is cause for concern but what do you expect from SO'S? :rolleyes:

RedSoxtober
07-01-2016, 05:53 PM
Unfortunately there's also this:

After leaving Wednesday’s game with an injury to his right side, Red Sox first baseman Hanley Ramirez is out of the lineup Friday night against the Angels. He’s said to be day-to-day.

Travis Shaw will play first base in his absence and Marco Hernandez will get the start at third base as the Red Sox go up against Angels right-hander Jhoulys Chacin.weei.com

Soxfan85
07-01-2016, 09:47 PM
Doing research guess there is a problem with weather. But it seems like when there is inclement weather he can't pitch. Does anyone remember Wake having this issue?

Bo Sox Fan
07-02-2016, 07:30 PM
Just gotta keep putting Buchholz out there eh. Because we have no better options than Buchholz eh. 12 pitches in, 2 runs down. Here we go again. Having to come from behind again.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

**** this team.

Soxfan85
07-02-2016, 07:57 PM
Just gotta keep putting Buchholz out there eh. Because we have no better options than Buchholz eh. 12 pitches in, 2 runs down. Here we go again. Having to come from behind again.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

**** this team.

Who do you want out there? We don't have anyone! Except whats in AAA and they are horrible except that 1 kid.

Bo Sox Fan
07-02-2016, 10:25 PM
As if the offence can't score 21 runs to camouflage the pitching.

We need a bat.

Green_Monster
07-02-2016, 10:28 PM
The good news is, we have Sean O'Sullivan pitching tomorrow.

Petertherock
07-02-2016, 10:33 PM
First thing that needs to happen is Farrell needs to go. Next thing that needs to happen is we need to get another starting pitcher. Even if it means giving up either Bogey or Betts or another top prospect. Next we need to get rid of Buchholz like yesterday. I don't care if you give them away to someone for a couple used ball bags. Just get rid of him! Then you will have started to improve this team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bo Sox Fan
07-02-2016, 10:43 PM
The good news is, we have Sean O'Sullivan pitching tomorrow.

Yah I'm looking forward to it too, entertainment wise, after he got absolutely lit up in his last outing as a spot starter.

Gee, that team meeting sure helped. Actually, false. I think Bill Belichick needs to talk to these guys, because the New England Patriots don't even allow 21 on most nights.

Ryan Lammar did what Buchholz, Ross Jr & prized Red Sox pitching prospect Pat Light couldn't do. Put up a zero!

Green_Monster
07-02-2016, 10:58 PM
First thing that needs to happen is Farrell needs to go. Next thing that needs to happen is we need to get another starting pitcher. Even if it means giving up either Bogey or Betts or another top prospect. Next we need to get rid of Buchholz like yesterday. I don't care if you give them away to someone for a couple used ball bags. Just get rid of him! Then you will have started to improve this team.

Bogaerts and Betts should not be mentioned in trade talk unless Trout/Kershaw/etc is coming back.

Bo Sox Fan
07-02-2016, 11:32 PM
If Carl Willis and/or Farrel don't get fired after tonight's performance than they never will. If Dumbrowski chooses to keep them and continue to go through the motions than I'm simply checking out of this season.

A guy can only play a broken record so often to where it sounds like nails on a chalk board, and that tune has been on repeat for the last 4 weeks. Management & coaching just continue to kick dirt with their thumb up there *** and I've personally had enough.

#Change

Petertherock
07-02-2016, 11:41 PM
If Carl Willis and/or Farrel don't get fired after tonight's performance than they never will. If Dumbrowski chooses to keep them and continue to go through the motions than I'm simply checking out of this season.

A guy can only play a broken record so often to where it sounds like nails on a chalk board, and that tune has been on repeat for the last 4 weeks. Management & coaching just continue to kick dirt with their thumb up there *** and I've personally had enough.

#Change

You got that right...I switched over to the race and I am glad I did before the real slaughter began. As bad as the pen was I can't blame them...they have been over used and over worked because we don't have a starting pitcher that can pitch more than 4-5 innings.

Bo Sox Fan
07-03-2016, 08:09 AM
You got that right...I switched over to the race and I am glad I did before the real slaughter began. As bad as the pen was I can't blame them...they have been over used and over worked because we don't have a starting pitcher that can pitch more than 4-5 innings.

Sorry wrong thread.

RedSoxtober
07-03-2016, 02:14 PM
“I mean, I only gave up three earned runs, it wasn’t the worst performance I’ve had all year,” Buchholz said. “Home runs, still a problem. Yeah, still haven’t found a way to fix that. It wasn’t a good start.”weei.com

There could not be a more perfect quote to highlight why he should have been out of MLB (let alone a Red Sox uniform) long ago.

Green_Monster
07-03-2016, 02:23 PM
That was a great play by JBJ. That throw was right on target, Bogaerts didn't have to move an inch.

RedSoxtober
07-03-2016, 02:24 PM
As if the offence can't score 21 runs to camouflage the pitching.

We need a bat.

I figured that you would display your ignorance with a comment along these lines. Thank you for not disappointing me. You're as regular as the sun rising in the east. :clap:

The pitching was atrocious. I'm sure that it does not matter to you that we already agree on that. Of course, I've been asking for Clay to be traded for YEARS so it doesn't surprise me when he gets shelled and insists that it's no big deal because he gave up only three EARNED runs. He does the same thing that you do -- focus on the data in just the right way and it seems fine.

Which MLB team would the Red Sox have beaten with their 2 runs scored (only 1 earned) yesterday... and with an opposing SP that came into the game with an ERA north of 5? Oh, right, none. What series would the Sox have won with 7 runs in their last three games? 27 in 7 games? Oh, right, none because EVERY MLB team scores more than 4 R/G.

The two worst teams in MLB are Atlanta (28-53) and Minnesota (26-54). Since June 1 the lowly Braves have scored 117 runs and the Twins have scored 135. The three teams with the least productive offenses in the AL scored 117 (TBR), 119 (KCR), and 136 (NYY). The "mighty", awe-inspiring and potentially historic Red Sox offense has scored 133 and had a worse run differential than all but TBR.

Is any of this important? Of course not! What matters is that we scored 7 and 8 runs against crappy pitchers a few times to average things out.

RedSoxtober
07-03-2016, 02:43 PM
The pitching wasn’t there, evident by the 21 runs allowed. The defense wasn’t there as they committed four errors and the hitting wasn’t there, as they managed just one run against Angels starter Hector Santiago who entered with a 5.27 ERA.weei.com

What a stupid, stupid writer. #itsthepitchingstupid

Bo Sox Fan
07-03-2016, 03:13 PM
I figured that you would display your ignorance with a comment along these lines. Thank you for not disappointing me. You're as regular as the sun rising in the east. :clap:

The pitching was atrocious. I'm sure that it does not matter to you that we already agree on that. Of course, I've been asking for Clay to be traded for YEARS so it doesn't surprise me when he gets shelled and insists that it's no big deal because he gave up only three EARNED runs. He does the same thing that you do -- focus on the data in just the right way and it seems fine.

Which MLB team would the Red Sox have beaten with their 2 runs scored (only 1 earned) yesterday... and with an opposing SP that came into the game with an ERA north of 5? Oh, right, none. What series would the Sox have won with 7 runs in their last three games? 27 in 7 games? Oh, right, none because EVERY MLB team scores more than 4 R/G.

The two worst teams in MLB are Atlanta (28-53) and Minnesota (26-54). Since June 1 the lowly Braves have scored 117 runs and the Twins have scored 135. The three teams with the least productive offenses in the AL scored 117 (TBR), 119 (KCR), and 136 (NYY). The "mighty", awe-inspiring and potentially historic Red Sox offense has scored 133 and had a worse run differential than all but TBR.

Is any of this important? Of course not! What matters is that we scored 7 and 8 runs against crappy pitchers a few times to average things out.

Here, let me reason with you before you decide to have a hissy fit and go into hiding again because you're "done" with everything.

I've never discarded the opportunity to get a bat, but here's the needs how I see them:

#1 - Co ace type / TORP
(Fire the pitching coach)

#2 - Reliable 8th inning reliever

#3 - Another reliable 3-5 starter

#4 - Upgraded bat in either LF/3B

Here's where we differ. I'm just saying we should address the needs 1 through 3, or atleast 2 of the 3 before looking for more offence.

We're still getting piles of base runners, it's getting the timely hits with RISP that has cooled down. The positional players on this team are the least of my worries.

Petertherock
07-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Up 7-0 and we'll still find a way to lose lol!

Bo Sox Fan
07-03-2016, 05:04 PM
Up 7-0 and we'll still find a way to lose lol!

Apparently we need a bat first and foremost though. Ask RedSoxtober.

#itsthepitchingstupid

Pittz
07-05-2016, 08:14 AM
Apparently we need a bat first and foremost though. Ask RedSoxtober.

#itsthepitchingstupid

You are insufferable. He has never said that.