PDA

View Full Version : Could Wade actually leave Miami? *Update: Wade agrees to sign with Bulls*

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

WaDe03
06-28-2016, 09:23 PM

Pretty slow news day for Heat fans until this information came out. Do you think Wade would leave Miami? He obviously wouldn't leave unless it was to a contender. Where would he go?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-28-2016, 09:25 PM
If **** hits the fan in Miami next week (no Durant, Whitside leaves and Bosh retires) and they refuse to give him the money and years that he wants, I could see it.

More-Than-Most
06-28-2016, 09:48 PM
I wouldnt put it passed him wanting to go to the cavs... Love or hate wade he rides lebron harder than I do. It would be the best thing that could happen to the heat though in my opinion because he just isn't very good anymore esp he will be yet another year older with more miles on him and making a ridiculous amount.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-28-2016, 09:52 PM
I wouldnt put it passed him wanting to go to the cavs... Love or hate wade he rides lebron harder than I do. It would be the best thing that could happen to the heat though in my opinion because he just isn't very good anymore esp he will be yet another year older with more miles on him and making a ridiculous amount.

Eh, I think Wade cares more about the money and a respectable situation at this point than winning and having to take the m-MLE. What's Chicago's cap situation looking like lol?

WaDe03
06-28-2016, 09:53 PM

Come on man, he's a top 4 SG at the least.

hugepatsfan
06-28-2016, 09:55 PM

Isn't very good anymore? What an absurd statement. He's still awesome.

But overall, I think if the Heat don't pull off Durant, they should rebuild. Not a long process. Just get a semi-high pick in a supposedly strong draft next year. Then hit a great FA class with lots of money and the lure of Miami.

WaDe03
06-28-2016, 10:16 PM

A little more info from a Heat reporter.

FlashBolt
06-28-2016, 10:18 PM
He's just trying to get more money.. I can't blame the guy. He left money out for most of his career. Dude should get paid like Kobe on his way out. On the other hand, Miami Heat still has to put the team ahead of any one individual player. Wade should just finish out his career in Miami. He's still a top 5 SG but man, he's way too old to be getting paid like a max player.

NYKnickFanatic
06-28-2016, 10:27 PM
I didn't even know he was a free agent. Lol

beasted86
06-28-2016, 10:32 PM
Yeah, the initial talks are going slow because negotiations have already started.
In case you were wondering, yes, your calendar is broken. It's July 1st already.

Maybe someday soon fans will start to understand the nuance of writers click-baiting during dead spans of sports news and manufacturing a speculation story with unnamed sources. Just remember, these same clowns that your holding onto their every word are the same guys who on July 6th, 2010 were talking about Wade leaving and maybe being "stuck with Boozer" the only guy wanting to come to Miami.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-28-2016, 10:32 PM
We can only hope.

europagnpilgrim
06-28-2016, 10:46 PM
The Bulls didn't want to bring Jordan/core Bulls back after that 98' title run and then yrs later he is dressing up in a Wizard uni

based on that alone I could see any player not finishing it out with the only team they were initially drafted by since the media GOAT got shown the door after another 3peat

Wade could be on his way out like last year and that 10' free agent summer, nothing new under the sun

if he decides to move on he will only go to a contender unless some fringe playoff squad or bottom feeder on the rise offers him a full max deal, we all know $$ talks and the rest walks, entertainment at its finest

GiantsSwaGG
06-28-2016, 10:48 PM
He would look real nice in a Knicks uniform

mrblisterdundee
06-28-2016, 10:49 PM
I think Wade might have too much of an ego to take less money and contend. He might still be a top-four shooting guard, but he's only going to get slower, and his shooting will still suck. Take the pay cut and go win some championships with LeBron.

FlashBolt
06-28-2016, 10:50 PM
Don't Clippers need a SG? hehe

aman_13
06-28-2016, 10:53 PM
He doesn't really have anything to prove career wise. He should just cash in and enjoy the Miami weather.

Clint Olbrock
06-28-2016, 10:57 PM
Yeah, the initial talks are going slow because negotiations have already started.
In case you were wondering, yes, your calendar is broken. It's July 1st already.

Maybe someday soon fans will start to understand the nuance of writers click-baiting during dead spans of sports news and manufacturing a speculation story with unnamed sources. Just remember, these same clowns that your holding onto their every word are the same guys who on July 6th, 2010 were talking about Wade leaving and maybe being "stuck with Boozer" the only guy wanting to come to Miami.You realize you can talk to your own free agents before July 1st, right? It can't be tampering, you hold the rights to your own players.. C'mon man!

IndyRealist
06-28-2016, 10:58 PM

Maybe someday soon fans will start to understand the nuance of writers click-baiting during dead spans of sports news and manufacturing a speculation story with unnamed sources. Just remember, these same clowns that your holding onto their every word are the same guys who on July 6th, 2010 were talking about Wade leaving and maybe being "stuck with Boozer" the only guy wanting to come to Miami.

You can't talk to free agents until July 1st because they're still technically under contract with their previous team until the NBA calendar turns. You can talk to your own players.

FlashBolt
06-28-2016, 11:02 PM
Heat fans seem scared that Wade is leaving but be honest, do you really think he's worth the max? I hate to sound like a basher because he's your best player ever (if we consider career, but LeBron is the best you guys had), but in what world is he worth the max? His numbers across the board are down and he's turning 35 in six months... good luck paying him at age 39 a max salary...

FlashBolt
06-28-2016, 11:04 PM

They can't talk to free agents but Wade isn't a free agent just yet.. plus, why do you think Whiteside plans on making a decision very soon? He's clearly getting lowballed by Miami... Miami probably wants Whiteside to take much less along with Wade so they can try and get KD. It's pathetic, honestly. They did the same thing with LeBron/Wade/Bosh and then they got rid of Mike Miller to save money.

McAllen Tx
06-28-2016, 11:06 PM
I think there's a chance he could leave. From what I remember Riley talked him into taking a 1 year deal last season and he would be taken care of this summer long term. If Riley backing out now I can see Wade leaving just to spite Riley. Riley being the prick that he is probably wants that so Wade can look like the bad guy.

Wade deserves the Kobe treatment in a farewell, thank you contract. Wade is the one who got LBJ & Bosh to sign in Miami not Riley

It's Wades fault though taking a 1 year contract last year. How could he not know the cap situation and the cap holds. And Bosh was already having blood clot problems before he signed last season.

I remember last year Riley had lunch with LMA and it was reported that Riley told him to play for 1 more year in Portland and he would have money to sign him this summer. What if LMA would've listened to him and played 1 more year in Portland and been a FA right now but KD wanted to go to Miami, you think Riley would renig on his verbal deal with LMA? In a NY minute.

Riley's painting a bad picture of himself, if he can't be real with Wade then who would he be real with?

WaDe03
06-28-2016, 11:13 PM

Nah the calendars right lol. You can meet and talk with your own free agents before July 1st. Ira says this is the 2nd article above. We've already met with Whiteside as well.

WaDe03
06-28-2016, 11:15 PM
Cashing out is nice but Wade has said multiple times he only plays for rings now. If he were to leave what contenders could he go to or what teams could he go to where he would make them legit contenders?

WaDe03
06-28-2016, 11:17 PM
Heat fans seem scared that Wade is leaving but be honest, do you really think he's worth the max? I hate to sound like a basher because he's your best player ever (if we consider career, but LeBron is the best you guys had), but in what world is he worth the max? His numbers across the board are down and he's turning 35 in six months... good luck paying him at age 39 a max salary...

The thing is, he's still our best player and he takes that to another level in the playoffs. How can the Heat justify him being 3rd maybe 4th highest paid player on the team when he literally put the whole team on his back and almost got us to the ECF.

Cal827
06-28-2016, 11:17 PM
They can't talk to free agents but Wade isn't a free agent just yet.. plus, why do you think Whiteside plans on making a decision very soon? He's clearly getting lowballed by Miami... Miami probably wants Whiteside to take much less along with Wade so they can try and get KD. It's pathetic, honestly. They did the same thing with LeBron/Wade/Bosh and then they got rid of Mike Miller to save money.

:laugh2: Cause it didn't work so well the last time they asked for players to take less.

This is a believe it when I see it for me. There were questions on him leaving last year too, but he resigned. I think he's Miami for his career and would be kinda shocked to see him leave (Kinda like Pierce leaving, but then again Pierce was dealt).

FlashBolt
06-28-2016, 11:18 PM
Riley has lots of pull but man, they are treating Wade like an open dumpster 24/7. LeBron's on a yacht with Wade supposedly.. would be curious to see if LeBron is trying to get Wade in there for a reunion. Can't see Wade leaving Bosh like that, though. And he's probably more interested in the money than rings, tbh.

WaDe03
06-28-2016, 11:20 PM
Don't Clippers need a SG? hehe

I could see the Clippers, maybe the Knicks but I doubt it, people will say Chicago but that won't happen, Cleveland doesn't have any money, and other than that idk. Maybe the Warriors go after him if hey strike out on Durant and move Klay to the 3.

More-Than-Most
06-28-2016, 11:20 PM
Isn't very good anymore? What an absurd statement. He's still awesome.

But overall, I think if the Heat don't pull off Durant, they should rebuild. Not a long process. Just get a semi-high pick in a supposedly strong draft next year. Then hit a great FA class with lots of money and the lure of Miami.

19/4/4 on 45 percent shooting and 15 percent shooting from 3 with sup par defense is awesome? He isn't garbage but yea that isnt that much better then mediocre really... Not worth the money he will demand on one of the better teams in basketball.

FlashBolt
06-28-2016, 11:21 PM
The thing is, he's still our best player and he takes that to another level in the playoffs. How can the Heat justify him being 3rd maybe 4th highest paid player on the team when he literally put the whole team on his back and almost got us to the ECF.

Sorry to tell you and I don't want to sound like a hater because Wade has always been one of my favorite players but Wade being your best player right now is a bad thing... that's the truth.

:laugh2: Cause it didn't work so well the last time they asked for players to take less.

This is a believe it when I see it for me. There were questions on him leaving last year too, but he resigned. I think he's Miami for his career and would be kinda shocked to see him leave (Kinda like Pierce leaving, but then again Pierce was dealt).

He resigned but it didn't seem as if it was in good terms. He's expecting to get paid like every other superstar player. Miami Heat can't be paying everyone, though. They gotta choose Wade or championship. If they can't get KD, they should be paying Wade tbh.

WaDe03
06-28-2016, 11:22 PM
Riley has lots of pull but man, they are treating Wade like an open dumpster 24/7. LeBron's on a yacht with Wade supposedly.. would be curious to see if LeBron is trying to get Wade in there for a reunion. Can't see Wade leaving Bosh like that, though. And he's probably more interested in the money than rings, tbh.

Nah man he only plays for rings he said. Bosh may very well be done and if that's the case I can definitely see him leaving unfortunately. The Cavs don't have the money but yea he's with LeBron and CP3 as we speak. Maybe the brotherhood team is slowly getting in motion.

FlashBolt
06-28-2016, 11:22 PM
I could see the Clippers, maybe the Knicks but I doubt it, people will say Chicago but that won't happen, Cleveland doesn't have any money, and other than that idk. Maybe the Warriors go after him if hey strike out on Durant and move Klay to the 3.

Nah, Wade isn't a good shooter to be in the Warriors. They play a completely different pace of basketball than Wade is used to. I can't imagine how Wade would fit in there. Cleveland doesn't have any money but man, I'd love to see Wade and LeBron throw lobs again and win together.

More-Than-Most
06-28-2016, 11:23 PM
Come on man, he's a top 4 SG at the least.

that honestly isnt saying much considering the competition at that position... Who else is there? Harden/Klay/Butler/Derozan are all better... Then after that there can be cases made for others as well but after those 4 its a cluster **** of medicrity

FlashBolt
06-28-2016, 11:24 PM
Well Wade's career is pretty much set in stone. A top 20-30 player, top 3 SG (all the Lakers fanboys can argue West all they want but whatever). I can't see him moving up any further anyhow, ring or no rings.

WaDe03
06-28-2016, 11:24 PM
19/4/4 on 45 percent shooting and 15 percent shooting from 3 with sup par defense is awesome? He isn't garbage but yea that isnt that much better then mediocre really... Not worth the money he will demand on one of the better teams in basketball.

Guys will put up bigger numbers during the season but Wade will always hold his own in big matchups and was ridiculous on both sides of the ball in the playoffs. Scoots posted defensive numbers awhile ago in another thread for guards and Wade was top 10 in all of them he's also one of the best isolation defenders still. Playoffs he was ridiculous.

FlashBolt
06-28-2016, 11:26 PM
that honestly isnt saying much considering the competition at that position... Who else is there? Harden/Klay/Butler/Derozan are all better... Then after that there can be cases made for others as well but after those 4 its a cluster **** of medicrity

Don't forget CJ and Wiggins. Those two will be very good.

WaDe03
06-28-2016, 11:26 PM
Sorry to tell you and I don't want to sound like a hater because Wade has always been one of my favorite players but Wade being your best player right now is a bad thing... that's the truth.

He resigned but it didn't seem as if it was in good terms. He's expecting to get paid like every other superstar player. Miami Heat can't be paying everyone, though. They gotta choose Wade or championship. If they can't get KD, they should be paying Wade tbh.

True but there weren't many better than him in the playoffs. We needed bosh for more scoring because Wade did everything but to reply to what you said that's why we're looking to get KD.

More-Than-Most
06-28-2016, 11:27 PM

welp i cant deny this he is a stud come playoff time and if this team would stay together and add id keep him for just that reason but he wont be worth the money on a team that doesnt have a ton around him esp with his lack of outside shooting and the fact he is 35

IndyRealist
06-28-2016, 11:28 PM
I think there's not much chance Wade leaves, unless it's for Cleveland. But there's zero chance Whiteside takes a paycut. The guy was in China, people. He hasn't had a payday yet.

More-Than-Most
06-28-2016, 11:28 PM
Guys will put up bigger numbers during the season but Wade will always hold his own in big matchups and was ridiculous on both sides of the ball in the playoffs. Scoots posted defensive numbers awhile ago in another thread for guards and Wade was top 10 in all of them he's also one of the best isolation defenders still. Playoffs he was ridiculous.

yup I pretty much just posted about this. I 100 percent agree with it as well

WaDe03
06-28-2016, 11:29 PM

Derozan isn't better, butler is overrated. I think it's a 3 man race of Klay harden and Wade. Regular season matters but you make a name for yourself in the playoffs. Take Currt vs. LeBron for example. That discussion is over.

More-Than-Most
06-28-2016, 11:30 PM
Derozan isn't better, butler is overrated. I think it's a 3 man race of Klay harden and Wade. Regular season matters but you make a name for yourself in the playoffs. Take Currt vs. LeBron for example. That discussion is over.

You honestly cant believe that right? There is nothing wade does better than Derozan right now and I am not even a Derozan fan... More PPG/Similar FG percent and much better 3 point shooter and better free throw shooter and doesnt turn the ball over as much.... Like literally there is nothing wade does better.

FlashBolt
I think there's not much chance Wade leaves, unless it's for Cleveland. But there's zero chance Whiteside takes a paycut. The guy was in China, people. He hasn't had a payday yet.

Pretty much. It's unfair to ask him to take a paycut to win a ring when the dude hasn't had a huge contract at all yet and he's 27. This is probably his last chance to making the big money. He should run away from Miami if they don't pay him a max. Plenty of teams will be needed a big man of his talents.

WaDe03
Nah, Wade isn't a good shooter to be in the Warriors. They play a completely different pace of basketball than Wade is used to. I can't imagine how Wade would fit in there. Cleveland doesn't have any money but man, I'd love to see Wade and LeBron throw lobs again and win together.

What would they do, trade love?

WaDe03
06-28-2016, 11:31 PM
You honestly cant believe that right?

I 100% know Derozan isn't better and I believe Butler is overrated but in discussion.

FlashBolt
06-28-2016, 11:32 PM

The difference in Curry vs LeBron is closed only because LeBron does more for his team. I don't think Wade does more than Butler, tbh. DeRozan isn't better, I agree. A lack of passion, leadership, and doesn't show up in the playoffs. I have Wade in the top five but I don't think he will be a top 5 next season. 35 man.. 35!!!!!! It's time to say goodbye to Wade because he's got about one more year of productivity and then the rest is just a farewell tour.

WaDe03
06-28-2016, 11:32 PM
Actually now that I think about it Wade has made Butler and even Klay his ***** multiple times this year and the last couple of years.

More-Than-Most
06-28-2016, 11:33 PM
someone please tell me what Wade does better than Deroze?

More-Than-Most
06-28-2016, 11:34 PM
Actually now that I think about it Wade has made Butler and even Klay his ***** multiple times this year and the last couple of years.

Oka made Towns his ***** so Oka-------------->Towns? Come on man

WaDe03
06-28-2016, 11:36 PM
The difference in Curry vs LeBron is closed only because LeBron does more for his team. I don't think Wade does more than Butler, tbh. DeRozan isn't better, I agree. A lack of passion, leadership, and doesn't show up in the playoffs. I have Wade in the top five but I don't think he will be a top 5 next season. 35 man.. 35!!!!!! It's time to say goodbye to Wade because he's got about one more year of productivity and then the rest is just a farewell tour.

You could be right and you could be wrong, this is the stuff that fuels Wade. I will say last year he looked physically better than he has since probably 2010-2011. He said he feels great also. He looked faster, leaner, jumped higher, and threw down some crazy dunks this year some of them being poster dunks. Completely turned it around after he looked like he was about to be done playing on one leg.

WaDe03
06-28-2016, 11:37 PM
Oka made Towns his ***** so Oka-------------->Towns? Come on man

I already told you they'll put up bigger numbers during the regular season. Name 2 SGs better than Wade in the playoffs.

WaDe03
06-28-2016, 11:38 PM
someone please tell me what Wade does better than Deroze?

Not fold in the playoffs?

FlashBolt
06-28-2016, 11:38 PM
btw, Wade wants a max from Miami but if they don't offer him the max, which team will? zero teams are going to offer a 35 year old a max contract. tricky situation. There's nothing Wade can do truthfully. It's either rings or stay in Miami. No way he gets a max from another team.

WaDe03
06-28-2016, 11:40 PM
btw, Wade wants a max from Miami but if they don't offer him the max, which team will? zero teams are going to offer a 35 year old a max contract. tricky situation. There's nothing Wade can do truthfully. It's either rings or stay in Miami. No way he gets a max from another team.

I've seen people say he could get the max but where did you
See that he's asking for the max? My guess is that they're lowballing him.

FlashBolt
06-28-2016, 11:43 PM
I've seen people say he could get the max but where did you
See that he's asking for the max? My guess is that they're lowballing him.

Who is offering him the max? lol, that's insane. Idk if Wade is asking for the max but you already know it's going to be pricey. After what Bosh got and now Wade is the only superstar in the playoffs for that team? He isn't stupid. Heat lowballing him makes sense if they want to get KD but if not, just pay the man.... I think I read an article saying Wade was never the highest paid player in Miami Heat at any point of his career. That's ridiculous.

WaDe03
06-28-2016, 11:46 PM
Who is offering him the max? lol, that's insane. Idk if Wade is asking for the max but you already know it's going to be pricey. After what Bosh got and now Wade is the only superstar in the playoffs for that team? He isn't stupid. Heat lowballing him makes sense if they want to get KD but if not, just pay the man.... I think I read an article saying Wade was never the highest paid player in Miami Heat at any point of his career. That's ridiculous.

Yes it's crazy that he hasn't. Here's another one, last year was his highest paid year ever at exactly 20M.

Dade County
06-28-2016, 11:47 PM
Number 1 favorite basketball player.

Have fun with you new team if you decide to leave. Just come back when you are broken down & retire a HEAT.

More-Than-Most
06-28-2016, 11:47 PM
Not fold in the playoffs?

wade did just that 2 seasons ago in 2012-2013 where he literally cost the heat a title... He was terrible. He is 35 where deroze will only get better. Wade will likely drop behind wiggins as well this coming season and CJ

HandsOnTheWheel
06-28-2016, 11:51 PM
This happened last year too.

I would be shocked if he left.

FlashBolt
06-28-2016, 11:51 PM
wade did just that 2 seasons ago in 2012-2013 where he literally cost the heat a title... He was terrible. He is 35 where deroze will only get better. Wade will likely drop behind wiggins as well this coming season and CJ

By that logic, how did you have Klay above Wade when Klay wasn't a top SG in 2012-2013?

WaDe03
06-28-2016, 11:56 PM

Wade was playing on one leg and you could actually tell because he was limping everywhere as opposed to curry being "injured" but doing 360 dunks in warm ups. Derozan is one of the worst playoff performers ever and Klay has choked 2 straight finals, same as Curry. They weren't bailed out this year. Who were 2 SGs better than Wade in the playoffs? We're there any SGs better? I honestly don't think so.

More-Than-Most
06-28-2016, 11:59 PM
By that logic, how did you have Klay above Wade when Klay wasn't a top SG in 2012-2013?

Not saying its my overall logic... I am saying it has happened... Where did I say at all that this is the reason I have him above wade? I am saying he was simply better/younger and will continue to get better and actually has a 3 point shot unlike wade.

FlashBolt
06-29-2016, 12:00 AM
Not saying its my overall logic... I am saying it has happened... Where did I say at all that this is the reason I have him above wade? I am saying he was simply better/younger and will continue to get better and actually has a 3 point shot unlike wade.

Well, we're talking about this season and you're using something from 2012-2013.

WaDe03
06-29-2016, 12:02 AM

Who has a 3 point shot?

mgjohnson7851
06-29-2016, 12:12 AM
Clearly Durant and Wade are coming to Denver and we'll trade our assets for Boogie.

RLundi
06-29-2016, 12:13 AM
As much as I like Wade, I feel like he's Pat Riley's *****. He's not going anywhere unless Riley tells him to.

goingfor28
06-29-2016, 12:17 AM
It would be hilarious if he signed with Cleveland for almost no money

BKLYNpigeon
06-29-2016, 12:22 AM
Wade should go to the Knicks!

chi-townlove1
06-29-2016, 12:42 AM
I'd give Wade a 3 year 55 million dollar deal to come retire in Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aust
06-29-2016, 12:58 AM
Nahhh, both sides will work something out IMO. It could happen, I just think it's highly unlikely.

FlashBolt
06-29-2016, 01:44 AM
lol @ Heat trying to offer Spo an extension. They should pick up Mark Jackson instead. Spo is just awful.

Quinnsanity
06-29-2016, 02:04 AM
lol @ Heat trying to offer Spo an extension. They should pick up Mark Jackson instead. Spo is just awful.

Wut?

WaDe03
06-29-2016, 02:04 AM
I think he'll stay but one team that worries me is the Clippers. From what I've read (it could be wrong) but they have around 17M in cap space. He's also with CP3 right now so he might be recruiting him. The 3 is their weakest spot maybe they start him there or move JJ to the bench to light it up off the bench since crawfords probably gone.

FlashBolt
06-29-2016, 02:39 AM
I think he'll stay but one team that worries me is the Clippers. From what I've read (it could be wrong) but they have around 17M in cap space. He's also with CP3 right now so he might be recruiting him. The 3 is their weakest spot maybe they start him there or move JJ to the bench to light it up off the bench since crawfords probably gone.

Idk cause what if they lose and CP3 decides to go elsewhere? Wade's gonna be stuck with the Clippers with DJ lol

WaDe03
06-29-2016, 03:05 AM
Idk cause what if they lose and CP3 decides to go elsewhere? Wade's gonna be stuck with the Clippers with DJ lol

I would assume it would be a 1+1 for next years free agency. I think that brotherhood team is going to happen and they said it would happen in a city like Miami or LA.

McAllen Tx
06-29-2016, 05:29 AM
The only way anyone could make an argument that Wade is better then DDR right now is on a year to year basis. But Wade isn't looking for a single year contract, he wants the max.

If we're talking about a contract of 2+ years its easily DDR. Also, even if Butler is overrated he's still better then Wade right now.

I agree with the poster who said Harden, Butler, Klay & DDR before Wade. But like I said, if its for only this coming season a small argument can be made of Wade over DDR but not from me.

Also think that by the end of the season Booker will be pushing Wade for the 5th spot. Middleton will also be pushing for #6.

No disrespect to Wade, just that father time is undefeated.

Also got McCollum, Fournier and Barton coming

PhillyFaninLA
06-29-2016, 06:22 AM
Cashing out is nice but Wade has said multiple times he only plays for rings now. If he were to leave what contenders could he go to or what teams could he go to where he would make them legit contenders?

Harrison Barnes leaves, so you move Klay to SF, Wade to SG. Its not like there system required a SG or SF to be a pure player at that position.

Make this plan B if they don't get Durant.

I think the Lebron relationship makes the Cavs make sense, and maybe OKC if Durant stays.

If I was Miami I'd offer a max deal, but I wouldn't offer a max deal if I was any other team. He's 34 and never played a full season (just looked it up and was surprised), You can't count him to maintain his level of play or health at this point.

The reason I'd say Miami should offer a max deal is because he has more value to them then anyone and should be rewarded for what he has given them and the money he has left on the table. Other teams have to be more practical because of age and health.

mia1619
06-29-2016, 08:49 AM
Wade isn't going anywhere, he has literally done this every free agency he's had since he came into the league. Everything is posturing. He said during the year he is a heat lifer and he will get something done here. The heat are just kind of stuck in wait and see mode with everyone else so it makes re-signing wade a fluid situation because the money available will depend on who else the heat sign/re-sign.

Also, if you read this "report", it says absolutely nothing indicating he will leave other than that he will field other offers which I don't think anyone thought he wouldn't do. He will get a deal done.

The bigger macro question is what will the heat do. They are in all likelihood not gonna get Durant, so the heat's next step is very murky and can go many different directions. I think plan A for the Heat is signing Durant, re-signing Whiteside for less than the max, sign and trading Goran Dragic for Mike Conley, and then hoping Wade takes a lower deal this summer for a chance at a championship next year and then cashing in in free agency next year. I don't think Durant is leaving though and if he does it's gonna be to a place like GSW instead.

My plan for the Heat would be letting Whiteside walk if he really wants the max. Obviously he is gonna get paid but we can't afford to keep a knuckle head like that if we really aren't sure he's that good (his advanced stats say he isn't that good). My plan would be to try and get Horford to come here and then see if you can entice the Grizzlies to at least get something for Conley if he says he is gonna walk. IF the options are letting him leave for nothing or getting Goran Dragic, then I think they would be interested in a sign and trade. Dragic is better suited on their team anyway and Conley is a better fit next to Wade. OR just trade Dragic for future picks/cheap young guys to replenish our assets then outright sign Conley. Then re-sign Tyler Johnson, Haslem, and maybe Joe Johnson/Deng and sign a few veterans to fill out the roster, hopefully with 10x more shooting than we had next year.

Something like this wouldn't be the end of the world and might be able to challenge the Cavs.

Conley/ Josh Richardson/ Weber
Wade/ Tyler Johnson
/Winslow
Bosh/Haslem
Horford/

Fill in a starting SF (or just start Winslow and hope he worked on shooting this offseason) and cheaper bench guys (useless to predict cheap bench guys) and you have yourself easily the 2nd best team in the east at least.

I just don't think it will be smart to give Whiteside the max when his impact defensively is very overstated and lebatard is reporting that Horford would love to be down here.

All of this is under the impression that Bosh can play and stay healthy, obviously. He is reported to be out of that 6 month window for blood thinners where it is safe for him to play again, but if he starts playing and it comes up again, not only will his salary still count against the heat for next year, but nothing the heat do this offseason will matter if a 25 million salary against the cap can't play.

TylerSL
06-29-2016, 09:44 AM
No

WaDe03
06-29-2016, 09:51 AM
The only way anyone could make an argument that Wade is better then DDR right now is on a year to year basis. But Wade isn't looking for a single year contract, he wants the max.

If we're talking about a contract of 2+ years its easily DDR. Also, even if Butler is overrated he's still better then Wade right now.

I agree with the poster who said Harden, Butler, Klay & DDR before Wade. But like I said, if its for only this coming season a small argument can be made of Wade over DDR but not from me.

Also think that by the end of the season Booker will be pushing Wade for the 5th spot. Middleton will also be pushing for #6.

No disrespect to Wade, just that father time is undefeated.

Also got McCollum, Fournier and Barton coming

Wade doesn't want the max he just doesn't want chump change.

Vinylman
06-29-2016, 09:54 AM
The Lakers are always good for a stupid max deal for Old Players...

Wade needs to get on the phone to Jimbaco/Mitch and get his money!!!!

WaDe03
06-29-2016, 09:55 AM
The Heat offered him 1 year 8M according to Lebatard lmao. Hell maybe he'll sign for 14M or something but what Im seeing he wants Whiteside money.

Vinylman
06-29-2016, 10:02 AM
The Heat offered him 1 year 8M according to Lebatard lmao. Hell maybe he'll sign for 14M or something but what Im seeing he wants Whiteside money.

For that kind of money he should sign in OKC... they would be scary good..

archdevil84
06-29-2016, 10:12 AM
how is derozan better then wade? Wade is a better mid range shooter, better finisher near the rim, better post moves and MUCH better passing. rebounding is pretty much the same, derozan shoots his ft's a bit better and is a better (but stil not good) 3p shooter. defense wise i'd say during a regular season theyre equal but in the playoffs wade was an absolute beast on defense. Combine everything with leadership from wade vs derozan almost fading out during the playoffs i dont see how you can think derozan is better then wade

nycericanguy
06-29-2016, 10:58 AM
Why does MIA always want Wade to take discounts?... I mean as great a career as Wade has had, MIA has only paid him $20m ONCE his entire career.

I understood Wade willingly taking a cut to help form the big 3, but now it's like MIA expects him to do it every year so that other, lesser players can get their full max. While Wade who has been MIA basketball for well over a decade, continues to take less?

I think i'd be pretty insulted and fed up too.

RowBTrice
06-29-2016, 11:13 AM
Would there even be a market for a super expensive Wade? He's old and often injured. Who wants that?

ManRam
06-29-2016, 11:24 AM
Simply put, I think there are good reasons for both Wade and Miami to be willing to move on. Riley seemingly cares only about making the best basketball decisions possible and that means not letting emotions, history and the past cloud decision making for the future. And I think that's OK. It's cold and shrewd, but it's a business and you have to do what you think gives you the best shot at winning. There are lessons to be learned from how LAL catered to Kobe late in his career. Conversely, Wade has sacrificed a good deal for the franchise and if the franchise isn't willing to reciprocate that now, then he has every motivation (and "right"...but every player ALWAYS has every right to leave in FA) to leave and take more money.

ManRam
06-29-2016, 11:26 AM
Would there even be a market for a super expensive Wade? He's old and often injured. Who wants that?

There's a market for everyone right now :shrug: Teams will hurl money at him, especially on a one or two year deal. Some teams are gonna struggle to even get to the salary floor this season, let alone having to worry about the cap. If he wants more money he'll EASILY find it if Miami isn't willing.

RowBTrice
06-29-2016, 11:33 AM

There's a market for everyone right now :shrug: Teams will hurl money at him, especially on a one or two year deal. Some teams are gonna struggle to even get to the salary floor this season, let alone having to worry about the cap. If he wants more money he'll EASILY find it if Miami isn't willing.

Fair enough. Didn't think about teams trying to make team salary minimums.

cmellofan15
06-29-2016, 11:35 AM
they should keep him. future isn't very bright right now so pull a one year tank job, pay your guy, and get a good pick in this upcoming draft.

Tony_Starks
06-29-2016, 11:51 AM
I think Wade might have too much of an ego to take less money and contend. He might still be a top-four shooting guard, but he's only going to get slower, and his shooting will still suck. Take the pay cut and go win some championships with LeBron.

He ain't going to Cleveland. The days of him showing Lebron how to win are over, he's about finishing his own legacy now.

Beltrans Mole
06-29-2016, 11:59 AM
That would be something if he ended up with the Knicks. Definitely a long shot but the Knicks have a hole at SG and with Rose and other potential big names coming to town, Wade could certainly be intrigued by teaming up with some vets who are on their last leg.

Chronz
06-29-2016, 12:00 PM
He ain't going to Cleveland. The days of him showing Lebron how to win are over, he's about finishing his own legacy now.

LOL, you have a twisted sense of humor, Im pretty sure Wade is the one who needs to be carried at this point considering he was a shell of his former self for the last 3 years of their careers together. Thats like saying Shaq is done teaching Wade how to win back when he was joining the Cavs and teaching Bron "how to win".

Chronz
06-29-2016, 12:03 PM
That would be something if he ended up with the Knicks. Definitely a long shot but the Knicks have a hole at SG and with Rose and other potential big names coming to town, Wade could certainly be intrigued by teaming up with some vets who are on their last leg.
That would be an interesting team but only if Rose can play off a ball dominant SG when he couldn't even share the ball with Butler.

I would love him in LAC but only if hes willing to come off the bench and play in a 3 guard lineup at times.

allSUAVE
06-29-2016, 12:09 PM
They taking Wade for granted now , he brought 3 championships to the orginaztion ..alot of people giving Pat Riley credit for Luring lebron james , that was ALL WADE Right there not no pat riley ...they should pay that man 2 years 60 mill

FlashBolt
06-29-2016, 12:21 PM

Showing Lebron how to win? You might want to rethink that.

mia1619
06-29-2016, 12:34 PM
Why does MIA always want Wade to take discounts?... I mean as great a career as Wade has had, MIA has only paid him $20m ONCE his entire career.

I understood Wade willingly taking a cut to help form the big 3, but now it's like MIA expects him to do it every year so that other, lesser players can get their full max. While Wade who has been MIA basketball for well over a decade, continues to take less?

I think i'd be pretty insulted and fed up too.

It's not that Miami hasn't been willing to pay him the max ever. It's that the times he has been in free agency it has either been after him having injury issues in his career therefore making it really hard to count on him at the max, or him taking the max would be severely restricting the financial flexibility of Pat Riley trying to put together something big.

I don't think the Heat would actually let him go and I think Wade realizes at this point that if he wants to win he has to have a great team around him which because the Bosh issue requires him to take a little bit less. They will come to an agreement, but it will probably be similar to what happened last year with each side trying to get the best deal possible.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-29-2016, 12:44 PM
I'm pretty sure Riley does backdoor deals with Wade. You are not supposed to tell a player to take less one year and then pay him back on the back end the next year. So Riley tells Wade to make it look like the Heat are really not trying to give him raises by going to the media and saying negotiations are not going well. Everytime Wade does this he gets a raise.

McAllen Tx
06-29-2016, 12:58 PM
Wade doesn't want the max he just doesn't want chump change.

What Wade wants is for Riley to make good on his promises. For the last 2 off seasons he's talked Wade into taking 1 year deals while Wade was looking for a long term deal.

From what I remember supposingly Riley told Wade he would take care of him this season. Wade could've forced Riley to pay a max contract 2 seasons ago when Bosh got his but chose to take 1 year deals to help the team sign more players.

What they didn't count on was Whiteside playing his way into a max contract. If they pay Whiteside they will have no $ for a star player unless they renounce their rights to Wade. Wade is getting hosed by Riley but its Wades own fault trusting a hustler pimp like Riley.

If Riley does Wade dirty it's gonna look really bad on him. Just give him his earned 2 for 50 and go with what you got for the next 2 years.

mia1619
06-29-2016, 12:59 PM
I'm pretty sure Riley does backdoor deals with Wade. You are not supposed to tell a player to take less one year and then pay him back on the back end the next year. So Riley tells Wade to make it look like the Heat are really not trying to give him raises by going to the media and saying negotiations are not going well. Everytime Wade does this he gets a raise.

I don't think he's gotten a raise every time but i agree to an extent. Just like the Heat have done with Zo and Tim Hardaway among others, Dwyane Wade will have a paid role in this organization after he retires.

McAllen Tx
06-29-2016, 01:11 PM

You remember Minny losing five 1st round draft picks for doing a backdoor deal with Joe Smith? They eventually got 2 picks back.

We need Cuban to hire a PI to look into this.

Truth of the matter about the Minny situation though, they didn't get punished like that from the league for doing a backdoor deal with Smith cause I'm sure all teams do it, the league forked them for the contract they have KG (5 years $100 million). Was the 1st 100 million contract on potential and not actually earned. Salaries got crazy after that signing.

C-Dub
06-29-2016, 01:37 PM
Hes gonna go to the Bucks.

WaDe03
06-29-2016, 01:47 PM
Showing Lebron how to win? You might want to rethink that.

He kind of has a point though lol.

hugepatsfan
06-29-2016, 01:50 PM
Ugh, stop the nonsense. Wade didn't show Lebron how to win. Lebron had never played with a team good enough to win until he got to Miami.

FlashBolt
06-29-2016, 02:01 PM
He kind of has a point though lol.

No he doesn't. LeBron didn't need Wade to teach him how to win.. if that's the case, why isn't the master of Winning, Wade, winning right now? Why wasn't he winning before they were getting beat by the Celtics in five and LeBron/Bosh came? What Wade taught LeBron was to be a more mature and business-like player. As far as winning goes, the whole "he taught him how to win" is so stupid. The situation is what made him win. Better players and a better management. LeBron has been winning with bad teams. That's winning.

TheDish87
this is what you are supposed to do at this phase of your career. Dirk did it, Duncan did it and I believe they both took ~10mil contracts to help their teams while Kobe took 30mil from LAL and look how that worked out during those years. Bohoo he never topped 20mil in a season, hes on a 12mil a year shoe deal on top of his NBA deal.

FlashBolt
Ugh, stop the nonsense. Wade didn't show Lebron how to win. Lebron had never played with a team good enough to win until he got to Miami.

If anything, LeBron taught Wade how to win.. Wade never had an easier time getting wins until LeBron got there.

hugepatsfan
06-29-2016, 02:06 PM
If anything, LeBron taught Wade how to win.. Wade never had an easier time getting wins until LeBron got there.

Well this makes no sense either because had already won a title.

FlashBolt
06-29-2016, 02:09 PM
Well this makes no sense either because had already won a title.

Was just stating that LeBron taught Wade how to win more than Wade taught LeBron how to win. Wade wasn't winning with his teams after his 2006 ring. They were a good team because Wade was great but LeBron was winning with really bad teams.

WaDe03
06-29-2016, 02:18 PM
No he doesn't. LeBron didn't need Wade to teach him how to win.. if that's the case, why isn't the master of Winning, Wade, winning right now? Why wasn't he winning before they were getting beat by the Celtics in five and LeBron/Bosh came? What Wade taught LeBron was to be a more mature and business-like player. As far as winning goes, the whole "he taught him how to win" is so stupid. The situation is what made him win. Better players and a better management. LeBron has been winning with bad teams. That's winning.

LeBron never won until he teamed up with Wade. Before they came he won a championship. LeBron choked in 2011 and Wade forced him to be more accountable and to be the first option because he knew he could get his. You're a LeBron fan so you won't agree and I won't agree with you so it's a pointless topic.

WaDe03
06-29-2016, 02:20 PM
Was just stating that LeBron taught Wade how to win more than Wade taught LeBron how to win. Wade wasn't winning with his teams after his 2006 ring. They were a good team because Wade was great but LeBron was winning with really bad teams.

"If you ain't first you're last" -Reese Bobby

WaDe03
06-29-2016, 02:22 PM
Apparently Wades agent has talked to teams and it may be close to the point were he will start taking meetings. I just want to know what teams they are.

FlashBolt
06-29-2016, 02:30 PM
LeBron never won until he teamed up with Wade. Before they came he won a championship. LeBron choked in 2011 and Wade forced him to be more accountable and to be the first option because he knew he could get his. You're a LeBron fan so you won't agree and I won't agree with you so it's a pointless topic.

Well, are we looking at the right team as well? LeBron never had a player of Shaq's caliber until he came to Miami. So why is it fair we say Wade was winning when the circumstances just allowed for him to have a higher possibility of winning? Was Wade a better winner than Jordan? Because he won a ring before Jordan came close to winning one. LeBron choking in 2011 is a travesty but wasn't Wade the winner? Why didn't he help the Heat win? What happened was, and I think it is evident by how LeBron played, LeBron just deferred to Wade. It wasn't until Wade basically acknowledged that LeBron was the best player that LeBron finally took it upon himself to prove it. Joining Miami was the best thing that happened to LeBron. He came from a dysfunctional franchise that put him in place to lose with the lackluster help they offered him. He learned from Miami's management and Wade was clearly an influence in his life. But to say he taught him how to win? That's absurd.

DboneG
06-29-2016, 02:38 PM
Could Wade actually leave Miami? YES!

You have to understand these guys are in this business to make money. D-Wade is on the tail end of his career. It's time to stack up! His wife Gabrielle Union don't make the kind of money like D-Wade. Wade needs to be gettin' that cash money now! They are trying to maintain their lifestyle. NBA is having a salary cap increase, and Miami wants him to stay pat or take a pay cut. FORGET IT BUDDY! I'M GONE!

Go to New York. Play with Melo, KP, and D-Rose. Wade has won 3 rings. So, he could move on for the money and glory now. Glory of the NY lights....MSG!!

FlashBolt
06-29-2016, 02:44 PM

You have to understand these guys are in this business to make money. D-Wade is on the tail end of his career. It's time to stack up! His wife Gabrielle Union don't make the kind of money like D-Wade. Wade needs to be gettin' that cash money now! They are trying to maintain their lifestyle. NBA is having a salary cap increase, and Miami wants him to stay pat or take a pay cut. FORGET IT BUDDY! I'M GONE!

Go to New York. Play with Melo, KP, and D-Rose. Wade has won 3 rings. So, he could move on for the money and glory now. Glory of the NY lights....MSG!!

Why would he play for the Knicks? Melo+KP+D-Rose+Wade is a first round exit... second round at most.

DboneG
06-29-2016, 02:50 PM

Wade could go to Cavs..with Bron Bron taking a pay-cut. Bron opted out of his contract. So, we don't know what could happen. Bron is making tons of money...he's a brilliant business man. So, taking a pay-cut to help the team and his buddy D-Wade wouldn't be a big problem. Wade did it for him! Return the favor!

warfelg
06-29-2016, 02:51 PM
I'll make this argument easy:
Wade didn't teach LeBron to win.
LeBron didn't teach Wade to win.

Pat Riley taught both how to have a winning program.

DboneG
06-29-2016, 02:52 PM
Why would he play for the Knicks? Melo+KP+D-Rose+Wade is a first round exit... second round at most.

For the money. And the bright lights of MSG. And Melo. They go on vacation every year. They are boys.

DboneG
06-29-2016, 02:56 PM
I'll tell you this! If Melo and Wade are in the playoffs and healthy...anything can happen. It won't matter who they go up against...that team is in for a battle.

nycericanguy
06-29-2016, 03:02 PM

that's a better core than MIA had last year for sure... but Rose & Wade isn't a good fit in the backcourt... too injury prone guys who can't shoot.

DboneG
06-29-2016, 03:11 PM

Toronto Raptors...if DeMar DeRozan bolts. The Raptors are trying to stay relevant. They would jump at D-Wade in a heartbeat.

DboneG
06-29-2016, 03:14 PM
that's a better core than MIA had last year for sure... but Rose & Wade isn't a good fit in the backcourt... too injury prone guys who can't shoot.

I agree. Wade has been known to make big shots... he's been on the healthy side. But, they need an outside shooter with these two for sure.
They would need more than just KP and Melo

FlashBolt
06-29-2016, 03:19 PM

Better? I'm not sure. Whiteside is easily better than any player on that team (you can argue Melo but impact wise, Whiteside is huge). KP is still way too young. Bosh>KP any day right now. D-Rose over Dragic? Idk but it's not worth debating anyways. That's just a bad team filled with terrible defenders. Would be one of the worst defensive teams.

WaDe03
06-29-2016, 03:22 PM

No it's not lol.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-29-2016, 03:29 PM
College sports has boosters because rich people want to see their teams do well. I am pretty sure it doesn't just stop there. Every city has millionaires / billionaires who want their pro teams to be good. I am sure they find their way to the players agents to let them know I will give your client this if he signs with my team. I am sure a billionaire in Miami will look to help the heat out

JasonJohnHorn
06-29-2016, 04:16 PM
The last contract talk went rough as well. I recall Wade wanting more and Riley stressing flexibility with a promise of reward down the line, based on what I read.

I wouldn't mind seeing Wade play somewhere else. I don't have a problem with the Heat organization, but I've never liked Pat Riley, and watching Wade leave would look good on him.

smith&wesson
06-29-2016, 04:47 PM
I can see him going to the Knicks or Cavs.

DboneG
06-29-2016, 05:30 PM
I can see him going to the Knicks or Cavs.

Gabrielle Union: "Baby you should leave!" "Pat Riley don't give a shyt about us!! "Tell his arse to take a pay-cut!"

D-Wade: "Yes baby"

Gabrielle Union: "I want to go to New York, because there's nothing to do in Cleveland, and I can get jobs in New York, La La Anthony is there and...rambling

D-Wade: "Awww hell-naw baby! I'm going to Cleveland to get me another ring!"

It continues...

WaDe03
06-29-2016, 07:20 PM
Windhorst says his agent has talked to multiple teams and named 2 of them, the Spurs and the Mavs.

FlashBolt
06-29-2016, 07:36 PM
Spurs don't need Wade and Mavs have Matthews. Either Windhorst is a troll or those two teams are idiots.

hugepatsfan
06-29-2016, 07:46 PM
Spurs don't need Wade and Mavs have Matthews. Either Windhorst is a troll or those two teams are idiots.

Matthews actually plated SF more than SG last year according to basketball reference. And rumor is DAL won't give Parson a max.

SA doesn't need Wade but he's still a top 5 SG. I'm sure they'd be interested. But they can offer him like $10M, maybe a little more so he'd just go back to MIA if that's what he's making.

WaDe03
06-29-2016, 07:48 PM

Spurs don't need KD either. My guess whoever they get they'll have some guys playing out of position, Kawhi at the 4 if they get KD and Green or Wade at the 3 if they get Wade.

WaDe03
06-29-2016, 07:49 PM
I'm baffled at the Mavs though. Cuban and Wade hate each other.

FlashBolt
06-29-2016, 07:52 PM
Matthews actually plated SF more than SG last year according to basketball reference. And rumor is DAL won't give Parson a max.

SA doesn't need Wade but he's still a top 5 SG. I'm sure they'd be interested. But they can offer him like $10M, maybe a little more so he'd just go back to MIA if that's what he's making.

If that's true, it's probably why Matthews had such a bad season. He's a natural shooting guard. Just much more comfortable and physically it's something he can defend. Putting him at SF is a bad idea. For the Spurs, idk. They excel when they have more shooters out there and Wade isn't a shooter at all. Danny Green is great at what he does and maybe they resign Manu? Who knows.

FlashBolt
06-29-2016, 07:54 PM
Spurs don't need KD either. My guess whoever they get they'll have some guys playing out of position, Kawhi at the 4 if they get KD and Green or Wade at the 3 if they get Wade.

Having KD on your team is much more impactful than Wade regardless of position, though. He's one of the very few players who you must have on your team regardless of who's on your roster. Kawhi at the 4? Lol, they better hope they don't go against the OKC again... plus, Kawhi should be out in the perimeter defending guys rather than playing power forward. Just not a good fit for Wade.

WaDe03
06-29-2016, 08:02 PM
Having KD on your team is much more impactful than Wade regardless of position, though. He's one of the very few players who you must have on your team regardless of who's on your roster. Kawhi at the 4? Lol, they better hope they don't go against the OKC again... plus, Kawhi should be out in the perimeter defending guys rather than playing power forward. Just not a good fit for Wade.

What's the starting lineup for them if they get KD?

FlashBolt
06-29-2016, 08:05 PM
What's the starting lineup for them if they get KD?

PF: LaMarcus
C: Duncan
PG: TP
SF: KD
SG: Kawhi

I'd assume Duncan would resign if they get KD.

LA_Raiders
06-29-2016, 08:27 PM
Yes, If Miami doesn't improve its roster; I can see him going to Clev his his bf.

WaDe03
06-29-2016, 08:53 PM
How do they make money in Cleveland though

warfelg
06-29-2016, 09:23 PM
How do they make money in Cleveland though

S&T with KLove?

hugepatsfan
06-29-2016, 09:33 PM
I'd give Wade a max for one year in Boston, for what it's worth...

IT/Smart
Wade/Bradley
Crowder/Jaylen Brown

IT actually scores better off the ball than on it so him and Wade could work. Obviously this is assuming we strike out on top targets and pursue one year guys to keep the room open for next year.

I don't think Wade would take a one year deal though so moot point. But if he would, I'd love it.

WaDe03
06-29-2016, 09:38 PM
I'd give Wade a max for one year in Boston, for what it's worth...

IT/Smart
Wade/Bradley
Crowder/Jaylen Brown

IT actually scores better off the ball than on it so him and Wade could work. Obviously this is assuming we strike out on top targets and pursue one year guys to keep the room open for next year.

I don't think Wade would take a one year deal though so moot point. But if he would, I'd love it.

Don't you guys have close to enough space for 2 max contracts?

WaDe03
06-29-2016, 09:39 PM
S&T with KLove?

Yea that could possibly work. If they salary dump Love it only frees up 4M for them so it would have to be S&T.

warfelg
06-29-2016, 09:41 PM
Yea that could possibly work. If they salary dump Love it only frees up 4M for them so it would have to be S&T.

I think it gives some Bosh insurance, allows you to move on without losing much, and leaves you with cap room to still make a signing.

hugepatsfan
06-29-2016, 09:44 PM
CLE would have to let JR Smith and Delly go to S&T Love for Wade. They have to stay under the luxury tax threshold to execute a S&T. So it would essentially be Love/Smith/Delly for Wade. When they already have Irving/James as ball handlers. Not sure that helps them...

hugepatsfan
06-29-2016, 09:57 PM
Don't you guys have close to enough space for 2 max contracts?

We have space for 2 max contracts of 6-10 year players if we just renounce our own FAs and decline options on Amir/Jerebko. That leaves us with about $2.2M of leftover cap space. They could increase that cap space though by stashing #23 pick Ante Zizic overseas and salary dumping James Young/RJ Hunter. If they do that, it's enough to keep open the cap hold for Jared Sullinger's bird rights (just enough - they'd have $85K of cap to spare!)

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Durant/Jaylen Brown
Horford/Crowder/Mickey
Sully/Olynyk

*There'd also be one roster spot cap hold because we have 11 players - I factored that in.*

That's my dream scenario. Then we also have the room exception. It's the same team we had last year except Evan Turmer upgraded to Durant, Amir Johnson upgraded to Horford and Jerebko swapped out for Jaylen Brown. The first two are obviously huge upgrades. Brown is a rookie so you can't say for sure but Jerebko ain't exactly a high standard to live up to.

Horford/Durant are 6-9 year players so their max is $26.4M. Wade/Dwight are 10+ year players so there max is for I believe $30.8M. So in that case, BOS would no longer have enough to offer a second max contract to a 6-9 year player. HOWEVER, they'd be able to offer the max amount of $22M to a <6 year player. It's actually the same amount just divided differently. A 10+ year max and a <6 year max is a total of $52.8M, which is the same amount as 2 6-9 year maxes.

However, they could decide to forgo keeping Sullinger's bird rights though. That would give them enough money to offer a 6-9 year max even after doing a 10+ max. That would drop that 10 man rotation down to 9 but they'd have the room exception to add the 10th player. It's be a drop off from Sullinger though obviously.

Pfeifer
06-29-2016, 10:07 PM
We have space for 2 max contracts of 6-10 year players if we just renounce our own FAs and decline options on Amir/Jerebko. That leaves us with about $2.2M of leftover cap space. They could increase that cap space though by stashing #23 pick Ante Zizic overseas and salary dumping James Young/RJ Hunter. If they do that, it's enough to keep open the cap hold for Jared Sullinger's bird rights (just enough - they'd have $85K of cap to spare!)

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Durant/Jaylen Brown
Horford/Crowder/Mickey
Sully/Olynyk

*There'd also be one roster spot cap hold because we have 11 players - I factored that in.*

That's my dream scenario. Then we also have the room exception. It's the same team we had last year except Evan Turmer upgraded to Durant, Amir Johnson upgraded to Horford and Jerebko swapped out for Jaylen Brown. The first two are obviously huge upgrades. Brown is a rookie so you can't say for sure but Jerebko ain't exactly a high standard to live up to.

Horford/Durant are 6-9 year players so their max is $26.4M. Wade/Dwight are 10+ year players so there max is for I believe $30.8M. So in that case, BOS would no longer have enough to offer a second max contract to a 6-9 year player. HOWEVER, they'd be able to offer the max amount of $22M to a <6 year player. It's actually the same amount just divided differently. A 10+ year max and a <6 year max is a total of $52.8M, which is the same amount as 2 6-9 year maxes.

However, they could decide to forgo keeping Sullinger's bird rights though. That would give them enough money to offer a 6-9 year max even after doing a 10+ max. That would drop that 10 man rotation down to 9 but they'd have the room exception to add the 10th player. It's be a drop off from Sullinger though obviously.

This team would be deadly. I actually love the bench too.

WaDe03
06-29-2016, 10:12 PM

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Durant/Jaylen Brown
Horford/Crowder/Mickey
Sully/Olynyk

Wade isn't going to demand a max I think he's looking for a 3 or 4 year deal for 60-80M depending on the years. Add Durant and Wade to that Boston team and it's a contender for sure.

hugepatsfan
06-29-2016, 10:16 PM
This team would be deadly. I actually love the bench too.

That's my dream scenario but my dream scenario on top of that would be OJ Mayo for the room exception. Low money but sell him on the idea of Stevens getting his career back on track like he did Evan Turner, that way Mayo can make some coin next year when the cap goes up again.

So instead of Rozier/Smart on the second unit you have Smart/Mayo. I think he'd do well in Stevens' system. I like the bench in that group too but think it lacks some perimeter shooting and ball handling, which Mayo can bring.

It's tough though with so much cap around the NBA. The room exception is pretty low. What's to stop a team like BRK from just giving Mayo $10M? They have no reason not to.

But with the room exception, that would be my target - a guard with some handles and outside shooting for the 2nd unit to replace Rozier. I do like Rozier though, but he's a defense/energy guy, not a real offensive threat. I think a guy with more of an offensive profile would put that bench over the top.

We did get Demetrius Jackson in round 2 though. We could sign him for the rookie minimum or even use part of the room exception on him if we wanted to guarantee him more. He could push Rozier for that spot and bring more offensive skill.

I do think that team is pretty stacked though on paper as is. Not to mention they still have 2 BRK picks coming and many tradable assets. So it's a great team now and even better going forward.

Unfortunately, Durant doesn't seem to be seriously considering Boston so I'm just dreaming. :(

hugepatsfan
06-29-2016, 10:28 PM
Wade isn't going to demand a max I think he's looking for a 3 or 4 year deal for 60-80M depending on the years. Add Durant and Wade to that Boston team and it's a contender for sure.

So you're saying swap Wade out for Horford...

IT/Smart
Wade/Bradley
Duant/Brown
Crowder/Mickey
Sully/Olynyk

Obviously you'd want a big with the room exception in this case. I definitely prefer Horford over Wade in that scenario but I'd certainly be happy with this. It just leaves us DANGEROUSLY thin in the front court. I do like Mickey but he's not someone you can count on to be in a rotation.

But then again, if Wade is taking the deal you talk about that's probably a salary in year 1 of like $18-20M or so (AAV = $20M but you can backload with raises). Compared to Horford that gives you like $6-8M extra to spend. You can still leave Zizic overseas and maybe convince Amir to take that amount to play for a contender...

IT/Smart
Wade/Bradley
Durant/Brown
Amir/Crowder
Sully/Olynyk

That looks good to me too. It's what we had in the front court last year just with Crowder playing PF instead of Jerebko. That's an upgrade. So it's again last year's rotation with 3 changes...

Rozier -> Wade
Turner -> Durant
Jerebko -> Brown

It's the same changes as the other scenario except swapping out Amir being replaced by Horford with Rozier being replaced by Wade. That's probably a bigger upgrade to be honest.

Just fit wise though, Horford is obviously better when you consider balancing your inside/outside scoring. But again, NO ISSUE here if this is our team next year haha

WaDe03
06-29-2016, 10:35 PM
So you're saying swap Wade out for Horford...

IT/Smart
Wade/Bradley
Duant/Brown
Crowder/Mickey
Sully/Olynyk

Obviously you'd want a big with the room exception in this case. I definitely prefer Horford over Wade in that scenario but I'd certainly be happy with this. It just leaves us DANGEROUSLY thin in the front court. I do like Mickey but he's not someone you can count on to be in a rotation.

But then again, if Wade is taking the deal you talk about that's probably a salary in year 1 of like $18-20M or so (AAV = $20M but you can backload with raises). Compared to Horford that gives you like $6-8M extra to spend. You can still leave Zizic overseas and maybe convince Amir to take that amount to play for a contender...

IT/Smart
Wade/Bradley
Durant/Brown
Amir/Crowder
Sully/Olynyk

That looks good to me too. It's what we had in the front court last year just with Crowder playing PF instead of Jerebko. That's an upgrade. So it's again last year's rotation with 3 changes...

Rozier -> Wade
Turner -> Durant
Jerebko -> Brown

It's the same changes as the other scenario except swapping out Amir being replaced by Horford with Rozier being replaced by Wade. That's probably a bigger upgrade to be honest.

Just fit wise though, Horford is obviously better when you consider balancing your inside/outside scoring. But again, NO ISSUE here if this is our team next year haha

Could possibly get Pau if he would come at the money or the room exception. Guys may come to that team for cheap hoping to win.

hugepatsfan
06-29-2016, 10:47 PM
Could possibly get Pau if he would come at the money or the room exception. Guys may come to that team for cheap hoping to win.

That's true. I just did the math and if Wade signed a 3 year deal starting at $19M with the maximum 4.5% raises allowed it would be a total of $59.65M. So basically $20M/year, which is what you said before. That would give BOS $7.6M to spend on a FA big if they also did the other moves I've been saying (renounce Sullinger/Turner/Zeller, stash Zizic, salary dump Young/Hunter). I prefer someone with better rim protection ability than Pau because we have scorers on the perimeter. So I'd actually prefer Amir to Pau for that team TBH. But we would be able to get a good big.

This is all a moot point because I give is a <10% chance Durant actually comes to Boston and a 0.1% chance Wade would. But it is fun to speculate! The accountant in me comes out this time of year lol

WaDe03
06-29-2016, 11:15 PM
That's true. I just did the math and if Wade signed a 3 year deal starting at $19M with the maximum 4.5% raises allowed it would be a total of $59.65M. So basically $20M/year, which is what you said before. That would give BOS $7.6M to spend on a FA big if they also did the other moves I've been saying (renounce Sullinger/Turner/Zeller, stash Zizic, salary dump Young/Hunter). I prefer someone with better rim protection ability than Pau because we have scorers on the perimeter. So I'd actually prefer Amir to Pau for that team TBH. But we would be able to get a good big.

This is all a moot point because I give is a <10% chance Durant actually comes to Boston and a 0.1% chance Wade would. But it is fun to speculate! The accountant in me comes out this time of year lol

Haha yea I'm an accountant (just started a few years ago) so you would think I would know more about these cap situations but I've just never looked to far into it. I also doubt it happens but you never know with Boston.

WaDe03
07-01-2016, 01:27 AM
Knicks are interested.

WaDe03
07-01-2016, 07:24 PM

mia1619
07-01-2016, 07:28 PM
Wade's not going anywhere. IF we don't sign Durant we have more than 20 million to spend on him. If we do we will trade Mcroberts and Tragic and we would still have over 20 million to spend on him. This is all just negotiations.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2016, 07:32 PM
Wade on the Bucks holy **** that would be weird lol

GiantsSwaGG
07-01-2016, 07:33 PM
Wade using us but hey you never know

hotdalton18
07-01-2016, 07:34 PM

How does he ride LeBron ?

By making Bron come to Miami instead of Wade going to the cavs? Oh ok

By going to the cavs since LeBron went back which he could of done twice now ? Oh ok

DanG
07-01-2016, 07:37 PM
Rose
Wade
Melo
Porzingis
Noah

GiantsSwaGG
07-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Rose
Wade
Melo
Porzingis
Noah

That team can make it to the ECF

Wade_County
07-01-2016, 07:41 PM
Rose
Wade
Melo
Porzingis
Noah

That team is made from glass.

Dade County
07-01-2016, 07:43 PM
Wade on the Bucks holy **** that would be weird lol

Even though I think Wade isn't going anywhere.

I did have a dream awhile back that the league let the Bucks when a championship.

Wade_County
07-01-2016, 07:47 PM
What can the Knicks afford to give wade?

NYKNYGNYY
07-01-2016, 07:50 PM
Just read somewhere that he's in contract talks with the Knicks and will meet next week... Idk how credible the source is but if true it's probably just a ploy

NYKNYGNYY
07-01-2016, 07:51 PM
Guess I'm a little late

GiantsSwaGG
07-01-2016, 07:52 PM
As fun it would be for Wade to play in a Knicks uniform, we don't have enough money, the most money we can create is about 20 mill but I doubt he'll take that!

Tony_Starks
07-01-2016, 07:58 PM
Similar to what actually forced Shaq out of LA. Took a paycut so they could sign Malone and Payton and Buss promised to take care of him...then reneged.

Shaq famously ran down the court screaming at Buss in preseason "you gonna pay me now?!".......

WaDe03
07-01-2016, 08:20 PM
Wade has set up a meeting with the Bucks scheduled for next week according to the bucks media.

ManRam
07-01-2016, 10:29 PM
I'm ready for Wade to leave. Riley low balled the **** out of him. I'm ready for the Riley luster to start dissipating. LeBron gifted him a couple rings, and he showed literally zero respect when LeBron went to finish his destiny...and everything Riles has done since just reeks.

Wade_County
07-01-2016, 10:50 PM
Despite numerous reports that Dwyane Wade was serious about leaving Miami and that other teams are reportedly starting to actually think they have a shot at him, it still doesn’t actually feel like D-Wade is going anywhere. It seems even less likely that the three-time NBA champion will leave the only organization he’s ever played for after they secured Hassan Whiteside on Friday morning. Our sources indicate that Whiteside only agreed to play with the Heat after he was assured Wade was coming back.

Still, we’re well into day one of free agency, and thus far Wade is still unsigned. It doesn’t necessarily mean anything, but with the Heat being one of the few franchises that have a meeting scheduled with Kevin Durant, the status of their star player not being locked up is a bit curious.

So if wade doesn't return no whiteside ?

Vincent
07-01-2016, 11:17 PM
Wade is obviously using these teams as leverage. But I don't think any of these teams mind at all.

Say Wade doesn't sign with these leverage teams - Miami pays much more than they wanted to pay, and end up missing out on other FAs

Say Wade does sign with these leverage teams - you get a guy who averaged 19/5/4 in 30 mins and was big time in the playoffs.

Not much downside to at least sitting down with him and make an offer.

bucketss
07-01-2016, 11:38 PM
heat apparently offered wade only 10 mill lol.

Clint Olbrock
07-01-2016, 11:43 PM
heat apparently offered wade only 10 mill lol.Lol Heat are a joke.

aman_13
07-01-2016, 11:48 PM
heat apparently offered wade only 10 mill lol.

This can't be true.

bucketss
07-01-2016, 11:54 PM
This can't be true.
10 mill according to woj :facepalm:
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/reports-heats-initial-offer-angered-dwyane-wade-four-teams-pursuing-him/

Stunner
07-02-2016, 12:02 AM
Bulls / Nuggets being the most aggressive teams to get Wade

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 12:09 AM
Wow.. If I'm Wade, I wouldn't even respond to Miami after this. Really? You offer him $10 million when Lin just got $13 million...? This dude should go get paid. Miami needs him more than he needs them.

More-Than-Most
07-02-2016, 12:12 AM
10-15 mill is about what id offer him too.... HE ISNT GOOD... 19/4/4 with no 3 point shot at all IS NOT GOOD... Its a business period and they shouldnt just over pay because others are doing it. He is going to be 35 and only performs in the playoffs but how long can even that be relied on? 20 mill a season is a joke esp when he probably wants 4 years. That would take him to like 39... NAH SON

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 12:14 AM
10-15 mill is about what id offer him too.... HE ISNT GOOD... 19/4/4 with no 3 point shot at all IS NOT GOOD... Its a business period and they shouldnt just over pay because others are doing it. He is going to be 35 and only performs in the playoffs but how long can even that be relied on? 20 mill a season is a joke esp when he probably wants 4 years. That would take him to like 39... NAH SON

Now you're just being silly.

aman_13
07-02-2016, 12:22 AM
[
10 mill according to woj :facepalm:
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/reports-heats-initial-offer-angered-dwyane-wade-four-teams-pursuing-him/

Wow

bucketss
07-02-2016, 12:23 AM

even if hes not good, wade is still box office and 10 million is an insult to him. it would still be a good business decision based off that.

IKnowHoops
07-02-2016, 12:24 AM

This is what I am hoping. Would be so fun to watch it all take form. I'd be rooting for them hard.

More-Than-Most
07-02-2016, 12:26 AM
even if hes not good, wade is still box office and 10 million is an insult to him. it would still be a good business decision based off that.

Except teams are now set with more money than they need and will continue to make a ton regaurdless... the objective should be to make your team better and wade for the next 2 seasons would be fine but i doubt he would accept a 2 year deal at 15-20 mill... Id gladly go 20 mill if it was just for 2 years.... He is 35 and is worn down.... winning is also box office and id expect wade to fall off hard as soon as next season. The dude has been a monster for his career but now is now and he isnt worth 20 plus million over 3-4 years.

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 12:30 AM

1) Wade alone sells more than $10 million in merchandise/ticket sales.
2) Wade draws TV views.
3) Wade just played better than most SG's in the playoffs. Probably the 2nd best SG.
4) He's 34... not 28. Not saying he's Jordan but he's capable of 20/5/5 on most nights.
5) Lin got paid $13 million. Courtney Lee will probably get $15 million. And you think Wade is $10-15 million? Do you have a vendetta on this guy? Saying he isn't a top five SG is fine. Saying he is worth $10-15 million? Lol... the dude was the only player on that Heat team who played well in the playoffs.

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 12:31 AM
Except teams are now set with more money than they need and will continue to make a ton regaurdless... the objective should be to make your team better and wade for the next 2 seasons would be fine but i doubt he would accept a 2 year deal at 15-20 mill... Id gladly go 20 mill if it was just for 2 years.... He is 35 and is worn down.... winning is also box office and id expect wade to fall off hard as soon as next season. The dude has been a monster for his career but now is now and he isnt worth 20 plus million over 3-4 years.

Worn down enough to outplay DeRozan? What are we talking about here? He can put up 20/5/5 on most nights...

Clint Olbrock
07-02-2016, 12:39 AM
Delly and Wade shouldn't make the same amount per year, I don't care how much the cap ballooned.. That is just absurd.

More-Than-Most
07-02-2016, 12:42 AM
Worn down enough to outplay DeRozan? What are we talking about here? He can put up 20/5/5 on most nights...

of course we have never seen a guy just hit a wall because of age/injuries right? I dont like Deroz either but he will either get better or stay good... wade will decline and already has.... 19/4/4 with NO OUTSIDE SHOT and mediocre defense at best while playing 30 minutes a night will end really badly in a year or 2. again 20 mill a year for 2 years? fine **** it... but he in no way is looking for 2 years... he will want 20 mill a year for probably 3 with a player option for a 4th which has so many red flags its laughable.

Dade County
07-02-2016, 12:45 AM

They should give Wade a 5yr contract at 11mil per yr. We all know, the last 2yrs of that contract he won't even playing anymore, so thats a free 22mil, and that should make him whole. He doesn't need a 2yr deal thats wroth 40mil, just spread it out, & he makes a little more money.

Thats why I don't believe this story.

Wade is not getting another 20mil contract from Miami this season. If he wants that now, he will just have to sign with another team, and when that contract is up, Miami can give him a 3yr contract for no reason (lol), at 10mil per year, knowing he isn't been going to play. A free 30mil, that would make him whole as well.

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 12:46 AM
of course we have never seen a guy just hit a wall because of age/injuries right? I dont like Deroz either but he will either get better or stay good... wade will decline and already has.... 19/4/4 with NO OUTSIDE SHOT and mediocre defense at best while playing 30 minutes a night will end really badly in a year or 2. again 20 mill a year for 2 years? fine **** it... but he in no way is looking for 2 years... he will want 20 mill a year for probably 3 with a player option for a 4th which has so many red flags its laughable.

Sorry but you lose credibility when you say he's worth $10 million. Like I said, a dying franchise makes up in ticket price increases just from Wade alone. It's tough to see how you evaluate the economic output of a player and talent. PER36, he's actually putting up the same numbers for the past five seasons. 19/4/4 is WORTH more than $10 million. And as for his outside shot, his outside shot is as good as LeBron's. Take that for what it's worth.

BTW: PER36, Wade is putting up numbers better than Kyrie's.

Chucky Woods
07-02-2016, 12:54 AM
That team can make it to the ECFLol maybe three or four years ago. Rose is glass, Wade is past his prime, Melo is Melo (take that as good or bad), KP is phenomenal and will be a star in the near future, and Noah is hot garbage. They might do some damage if the NBA season was only a month long.

More-Than-Most
07-02-2016, 12:57 AM
Sorry but you lose credibility when you say he's worth $10 million. Like I said, a dying franchise makes up in ticket price increases just from Wade alone. It's tough to see how you evaluate the economic output of a player and talent. PER36, he's actually putting up the same numbers for the past five seasons. 19/4/4 is WORTH more than $10 million. And as for his outside shot, his outside shot is as good as LeBron's. Take that for what it's worth.

BTW: PER36, Wade is putting up numbers better than Kyrie's.

3 things....

Lebron has no ****ing outside shot either and I am the only one who seems to understand that.

I dont think Kyrie is as good as others do

and finally I NEVER SAID HE IS WORTH 10 MILL A YEAR.... I said Id offer him 10-15 for the 3-4 years he seems to want.... I am all on board with giving him 20 million a season FOR THE NEXT 2 SEASONS... Why are you reading but not understanding or comprehending? He is 35 years old.... He is avg 19/4/4 on 15 percent shooting from beyond the 3 while playing 30 minutes a night.... HE DEALS WITH INJURIES..... He will hit a wall hard and it is gonna end soooooo badly for whomever gives him 20 million a season for the next 4 years.

Chucky Woods
07-02-2016, 01:00 AM
Personally I think with his career winding down his best options are to stay in Miami, or go to Milwaukee. I'm speaking on his behalf, as a Bucks fan I want no part of this.

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 01:03 AM
3 things....

Lebron has no ****ing outside shot either and I am the only one who seems to understand that.

I dont think Kyrie is as good as others do

and finally I NEVER SAID HE IS WORTH 10 MILL A YEAR.... I said Id offer him 10-15 for the 3-4 years he seems to want.... I am all on board with giving him 20 million a season FOR THE NEXT 2 SEASONS... Why are you reading but not understanding or comprehending? He is 35 years old.... He is avg 19/4/4 on 15 percent shooting from beyond the 3 while playing 30 minutes a night.... HE DEALS WITH INJURIES..... He will hit a wall hard and it is gonna end soooooo badly for whomever gives him 20 million a season for the next 4 years.

1) LeBron has no outside shot... but he can still make them. Wade's outside shot is a non-issue. He's getting 19 points without an outside shot. He's a very smart and efficient player.
2) Kyrie is getting paid $16 million. That's an absolute bargain for him considering the circumstances now.
3) You did say he was worth $10 million. you said so in post #178. You only clarified that after you realized how stupid it was... And not really. $20 million per season equates to about 1/5th of the salary cap. It'll definitely rise higher than $100 million in a few years so effectively, it's not as bad as you think. They should pay the man at least $15 million to even get him to contemplate. $10 million is an absolute disgrace coming from the franchise that has consistently asked him to take a paycut and he's always done so.

Btw, in the playoffs last season, Bosh was out and Whiteside was injured for the Toronto series. Who do you think was carrying them for that period? You're telling me the guy who took them within one game from the ECF is worth only $10 million?

More-Than-Most
07-02-2016, 01:08 AM

1) LeBron has no outside shot... but he can still make them. Wade's outside shot is a non-issue. He's getting 19 points without an outside shot. He's a very smart and efficient player.
2) Kyrie is getting paid $16 million. That's an absolute bargain for him considering the circumstances now.
3) You did say he was worth $10 million. you said so in post #178. You only clarified that after you realized how stupid it was... And not really. $20 million per season equates to about 1/5th of the salary cap. It'll definitely rise higher than $100 million in a few years so effectively, it's not as bad as you think. They should pay the man at least $15 million to even get him to contemplate. $10 million is an absolute disgrace coming from the franchise that has consistently asked him to take a paycut and he's always done so.

Btw, in the playoffs last season, Bosh was out and Whiteside was injured for the Toronto series. Who do you think was carrying them for that period? You're telling me the guy who took them within one game from the ECF is worth only $10 million?

Seriously with the reading and comprehending thing jesus christ.... Look at the ****ing bold.... How are you not understanding this... Id offer him 10-15 because he wants 4 years.... ID OFFER HIM... ID OFFER HIM.... I WOULD OFFER HIM.... And I gave you the ****ing reasoning. Stop seeing what you want to see...

You are saying he doesnt need a 3 poijt shot because he is avg 19/4/4... Do you realize how dumb that sounds that you are basically saying its ok for a guy to shoot 15 percent from beyond the 3? I dont give a monkeys nuts about what he did last season unless he all of a sudden STOPPED GETTING OLDER AND WONT HAVE MORE MILES ON HIM NEXT SEASON AND WONT BE SIGNED DOWN FOR 4 ****ING YEARS.

Holy ****

Also lebron has no outside shot but he can still make them... Amazing logic there... Lebron shot 30 percent last year... that is a far cry from 15 percent that wade shot... ALSO just because I can jump off a ****ing roof DOESNT MEAN I SHOULD DO IT.

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 01:12 AM
Seriously with the reading and comprehending thing jesus christ.... Look at the ****ing bold.... How are you not understanding this... Id offer him 10-15 because he wants 4 years.... ID OFFER HIM... ID OFFER HIM.... I WOULD OFFER HIM.... And I gave you the ****ing reasoning. Stop seeing what you want to see...

You are saying he doesnt need a 3 poijt shot because he is avg 19/4/4... Do you realize how dumb that sounds that you are basically saying its ok for a guy to shoot 15 percent from beyond the 3? I dont give a monkeys nuts about what he did last season unless he all of a sudden STOPPED GETTING OLDER AND WONT HAVE MORE MILES ON HIM NEXT SEASON AND WONT BE SIGNED DOWN FOR 4 ****ING YEARS.

Holy ****

1) You specifically said you will offer him $10 million.
2) DeRozan doesn't have an outside shot. He seems to be getting paid more than 2.5x Wade's getting. That's cool, not like Wade didn't outplay him at all.
3) Again, you can't grasp the simple idea that a guy of Wade's caliber making 20% of the salary cap is not a bad deal. As a guy mentioned before, you have to start looking at a player's contract as a percentage of the cap. Don't let the numbers fool you.

*Btw, outside shot isn't strictly three point shots...

More-Than-Most
07-02-2016, 01:12 AM
Dude I am done. I cant even debate with you flash because ever since lebron won the championship you have become insufferable bro. Tone it back some and stop treating everyone like **** for no reason other then to do it because you using lack of logic/facts and then insulting someone elses logic with backhanded comments gets really ****ing old.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-02-2016, 01:14 AM
You guys have no clue about loyalty in an organization.

If anything, the Heat deserve the chance to offer him that amount in order to try to try and gain ground on signing Durant. It's hilarious if you think they low balled him out of spite? Like really?

I'm a Wade fan, but if anything, I think it can be said that Wade owes a serious amount of consideration to Riley for granting him a golden path to a top 20 player all time type of career over the years by surrounding him first with the 2nd best center of all time and a then a top 3 player of all time as well as the crazy good teams assembled in his tenure.

For those so concerned about money, the Heat organization is all about promoting from within and I can see Wade easily earning a top executive job within the organization over time which would more than make up for the lost money.

We're all a prisoner of the moment I guess.

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 01:17 AM
Dude I am done. I cant even debate with you flash because ever since lebron won the championship you have become insufferable bro. Tone it back some and stop treating everyone like **** for no reason other then to do it because you using lack of logic/facts and then insulting someone elses logic with backhanded comments gets really ****ing old.

You're the one getting emotional here and cursing.. lol, I'll leave you alone. Probably upset LeBron isn't on the headlines enough I guess...

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 01:18 AM
You guys have no clue about loyalty in an organization.

If anything, the Heat deserve the chance to offer him that amount in order to try to try and gain ground on signing Durant. It's hilarious if you think they low balled him out of spite? Like really?

I'm a Wade fan, but if anything, I think it can be said that Wade owes a serious amount of consideration to Riley for granting him a golden path to a top 20 player all time type of career over the years by surrounding him first with the 2nd best center of all time and a then a top 3 player of all time as well as the crazy good teams assembled in his tenure.

For those so concerned about money, the Heat organization is all about promoting from within and I can see Wade easily earning a top executive job within the organization over time which would more than make up for the lost money.

We're all a prisoner of the moment I guess.

They offered him ten million. How do you take that offer seriously?

IKnowHoops
07-02-2016, 01:30 AM
Rose
Wade
Melo
Porzingis
Noah

Give this team a solid bench, good coaching, and no injuries, and I would love to add this team to my group of 5 for my NBA package next year.

Vincent
07-02-2016, 01:34 AM
When Miami strikes out on Kevin Durant, do they offer him the 20 million Wade's looking for?

IKnowHoops
07-02-2016, 01:34 AM
Similar to what actually forced Shaq out of LA. Took a paycut so they could sign Malone and Payton and Buss promised to take care of him...then reneged.

Shaq famously ran down the court screaming at Buss in preseason "you gonna pay me now?!".......

I was watching that game live. It was pretty funny. I remember him throwing down a thunderous dunk and then running down the court yelling that at Buss. He had an attitude all game that screamed "you gonna pay me now". Love Shaq. Def one of my favorite players

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 01:36 AM
When Miami strikes out on Kevin Durant, do they offer him the 20 million Wade's looking for?

That team wouldn't be good enough to beat Cleveland. They would probably be the fifth best team in the East, truthfully. A Noah+Melo+Porzingis+Rose+Wade team is definitely better IMO. They need a perimeter defender capable of scoring.

Vincent
07-02-2016, 01:37 AM
That team wouldn't be good enough to beat Cleveland. They would probably be the fifth best team in the East, truthfully. A Noah+Melo+Porzingis+Rose+Wade team is definitely better IMO. They need a perimeter defender capable of scoring.

I mean, that doesn't really answer my question lol

I don't think NY can offer 20 million anyways.

IKnowHoops
07-02-2016, 01:43 AM

If the knicks could give him 3 years at 18.5mill per year, I think both would come out pretty good. They would have a team perfect for prime time.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-02-2016, 01:44 AM

Yep.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-02-2016, 01:54 AM
They offered him ten million. How do you take that offer seriously?

Sounds crazy, but there's a lot more to it than it may seem.

xxplayerxx23
07-02-2016, 02:11 AM

They could if wade was like yo Phil 20 mill bro I'm there

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 02:25 AM

They probably do offer him that but it won't help them.

WaDe03
07-02-2016, 11:21 AM
MTM you've got to chill with the "Wade isn't good." You're making yourself look dumb.

mgjohnson7851
07-02-2016, 11:43 AM
Not only could Wade leave Miami, at this point Wade SHOULD leave imo. I mean Pat offering him $10M is an absolute slap in the face. It shows Wade exactly what the Heat actually think about him. Wade has bailed out Miami his entire career. He's got one more shot at a big contract, and he should go to a team that will give him it.

J_M_B
07-02-2016, 11:48 AM
Not only could Wade leave Miami, at this point Wade SHOULD leave imo. I mean Pat offering him $10M is an absolute slap in the face. It shows Wade exactly what the Heat actually think about him. Wade has bailed out Miami his entire career. He's got one more shot at a big contract, and he should go to a team that will give him it.

I don't think it's a slap in the face, but more Riley hoping Wade would take on the role that Duncan and Dirk have taken for their respective teams.

Vee-Rex
07-02-2016, 12:16 PM
I think it's a slap in the face for sure.

The man has taken discounts before. Pay him something like 3 years 58 million.

shep33
07-02-2016, 12:19 PM
Very low blow by Riley. Wade was actually very good last year.

DboneG
07-02-2016, 12:21 PM
I see what Pat Riley is trying to do...but, he's leaving my guy D-Wade out there. Not good.

Pat think he has a chance for Kevin Durant. That's why we haven't heard Hassen Whiteside contract numbers yet...Whiteside, NBA leading shot blocker, had meetings scheduled in New York with the Mavs and Blazers, but, signed quickly with the Heat. Now he wait. D-Wade is out there...he put feelers out there. But, SA and Dallas don't think he's serious. Now he wait.

Do Pat Riley get Durant? We will see... IMO NO! OKC or GS....then the Clippers, Heat last. We will see.

Clint Olbrock
07-02-2016, 12:49 PM
I don't think it's a slap in the face, but more Riley hoping Wade would take on the role that Duncan and Dirk have taken for their respective teams.
Not sure Wade can be compared to those 2, they both started taking paycuts at 36 years old, were both taken care of handsomely prior to any paycuts and they both took the paycuts on their own.. It wasn't something that was forced upon them by their organization.

aman_13
07-02-2016, 01:39 PM
So according to the Vertical, Wade is getting $20 million a yr offers from many teams.

Bulls, Mavs, Nuggets and Bucks all showing interest.

WaDe03
07-02-2016, 01:58 PM
Teams who strike out on Durant will probably try to get Wade. Maybe even the teams that strike out on Horford.

NYKnickFanatic
07-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Unless Miami gets Durant, no way Wade is leaving.

Vinylman
07-02-2016, 02:08 PM
The real question is if Miami strikes out on Durant or other top FA does whiteside change his mind and bolt

Aust
07-02-2016, 02:08 PM
Was that 10m offer by Riley legit??? That's insulting.

Chronz
07-02-2016, 03:46 PM
Wade is going to get a ton more offers if he just waits out the Durant signing.

WaDe03
07-02-2016, 03:47 PM
Unless Miami gets Durant, no way Wade is leaving.

Wade is staying if we get Durant, Dragic and McRoberts are gone.

Mr.B
07-02-2016, 03:58 PM
This is a complete made up story by Wade's camp to gain leverage. The Mavs are not pursuing Wade.

Wade n Fade
07-02-2016, 04:19 PM
Here is what I tell Wade if I am in a room at the negotiating table:

1. Duncan and Dirk, both leaders and transcendent talents, took less money than you to build a team.
2. You want to be among the legends, right? Take less money and prove that the best blocking SG of all time has something to play for. You're better than Dirk. You could surpass Duncan's ring total.
3. If you want all the money, you're going to become a Kobe, where you're overpaid and going to be on a farewell tour.
4. If you want to walk, go walk. I dare you.

He is bluffing more than he should. I am not in favor of the Heat becoming Laker esque with a nightmare cap hold to "reward" for past service.

krazylegz
07-02-2016, 04:40 PM
wade will reunite with bron in cleveland

GiantsSwaGG
07-02-2016, 04:45 PM

1. Duncan and Dirk, both leaders and transcendent talents, took less money than you to build a team.
2. You want to be among the legends, right? Take less money and prove that the best blocking SG of all time has something to play for. You're better than Dirk. You could surpass Duncan's ring total.
3. If you want all the money, you're going to become a Kobe, where you're overpaid and going to be on a farewell tour.

He is bluffing more than he should. I am not in favor of the Heat becoming Laker esque with a nightmare cap hold to "reward" for past service.

He's been sacrificing money for almost his entire career for the organization, stop low balling him and give him what he deserves, without Wade the Heat wouldn't be relevant. And don't compare Wade to Kobe because the difference Wade is still capable and borderline all star, heck Kobe probably would of been good if not for the Achilles injury

Wade n Fade
07-02-2016, 04:54 PM
He's been sacrificing money for almost his entire career for the organization, stop low balling him and give him what he deserves, without Wade the Heat wouldn't be relevant. And don't compare Wade to Kobe because the difference Wade is still capable and borderline all star, heck Kobe probably would of been good if not for the Achilles injury

You don't waste time and money rewarding people for past performance while they're closer to retirement. Wade getting $20+ mill per year on a 3-4 year deal is nothing but a waste. Don't see Duncan or Dirk complaining. Wade isn't a better person than those people to say he should be above them and get paid. He got paid last year. Enough with his whining.

GiantsSwaGG
07-02-2016, 05:00 PM
You don't waste time and money rewarding people for past performance while they're closer to retirement. Wade getting $20+ mill per year on a 3-4 year deal is nothing but a waste. Don't see Duncan or Dirk complaining. Wade isn't a better person than those people to say he should be above them and get paid. He got paid last year. Enough with his whining.

Duncan got his money early, same with Dirk. Wade didn't so theirs no comparison again he sacrificed ALOT, if it wasn't for Wade LeBron and Bosh wouldn't have happened. Wade delivered 3 rings, now when it's time to reward him you want to low ball him? Plus keep in mind Durant is watching, what message are you sending him?

Clint Olbrock
07-02-2016, 05:00 PM

LOL blind as a bat.

At age 34 Duncan was making $18.7 million, at age 34 Dirk was making $20.9 million. Wade is 34 years old, your comparisons are hogwash.

DboneG
07-02-2016, 05:05 PM

I would politely get up from the table, and walk. (Show me the money)

DboneG
07-02-2016, 05:15 PM
wade will reunite with bron in cleveland

A possibility...Bron opted out of his contract. He'll take less money to get his close buddy Wade. Wade did it for him. Bron will just be returning the favor. Especially, if Durant goes to GS or the Clippers and create a "Death squad". Bron Bron will need all the help he can get!

mgjohnson7851
07-02-2016, 05:22 PM

1. Both those guys took less money at the end of their career....Wade has taken less money to help the Heat the majority of his career.
2. If it was only about legend status, Wade could find a better team to go to than Miami. Even if they somehow got Durant, put Wade in Cle and it's a better team.
3. Don't know the relevance of that. Wade isn't at Kobe's spot performance wise.
4. Wade walks and Miami never gets a star again because they see the way Wade was treated.

Bottom line is Miami screws themselves if they don't pay the man this year. I think it would really sour the reputation of Riley and the Heat.

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 06:09 PM

Wade's career is not better than Dirk and Dirk nor Tim took less money until they were in their last 30's... Someone already posted what Dirk/Tim made at age 34. Newsflash: It's about $30 million in today's dollars.

nycericanguy
07-02-2016, 06:20 PM
LOL blind as a bat.

At age 34 Duncan was making $18.7 million, at age 34 Dirk was making $20.9 million. Wade is 34 years old, your comparisons are hogwash.

lol seriously... and that was under a $56-60m cap!...lol. That's would be like $35m in today's cap.

As an outsider I'm shocked the way MIA is treating Wade... he's still a top SG and almost single handily beat TOR in the playoffs.

It's one thing for him to sacrifice to have Lebron join, but now MIA expects him to do it every year so that lesser players can get their full MAX?

If Reports are true and Riley offered him $8m then Riley is a dick GM for doing that to the guy that made the big 3 possible. He should be offering at least $20m and even that is a big discount compared to guys like Deng & Noah getting $18m.

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 06:21 PM
lol seriously... and that was under a $56-60m cap!...lol. That's would be like $35m in today's cap.

As an outsider I'm shocked the way MIA is treating Wade... he's still a top SG and almost single handily beat TOR in the playoffs.

It's one thing for him to sacrifice to have Lebron join, but now MIA expects him to do it every year so that lesser players can get their full MAX?

Riley is a dick GM for doing that to the guy that made the big 3 possible.

Since the LeBron signing four years ago, he hasn't been the same maestro. Very overrated GM. The days of him planting his rings in meetings aren't cool anymore.

AllBall
07-02-2016, 06:37 PM
Since the LeBron signing four years ago, he hasn't been the same maestro. Very overrated GM. The days of him planting his rings in meetings aren't cool anymore.

Picked up Ray Allen. Retained Bosh. Picked up Deng. Traded for Dragic (cheap as hell contract now). Found hidden gem in Whiteside and Tyler Johnson. Drafted Whiteside. Drafted hidden gem Richardson. Retained Whiteside.

Pretty good track record since and without the need to show his rings.

nycericanguy
07-02-2016, 06:40 PM
Picked up Ray Allen. Retained Bosh. Picked up Deng. Traded for Dragic (cheap as hell contract now). Found hidden gem in Whiteside and Tyler Johnson. Drafted Whiteside. Drafted hidden gem Richardson. Retained Whiteside.

those vet mins flocked there because it's Miami and it was an all star team... ring chasers always exist.

He traded two firsts for Dragic. He didn't draft Whiteside, SAC did, but Riley did give him a chance.

Big Zo
07-02-2016, 07:02 PM

He's still mad about the 2012 finals, don't bother. Lol

WaDe03
07-02-2016, 07:16 PM
Wade is better than Dirk.

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 07:34 PM

1) Picked up Ray Allen.. sorry, pretty sure LeBron did that,
2) Retained Chris Bosh? Okay, how's that worked for ya the past two seasons?
3) Picked up Deng.. Not sure if this is hardly worth mentioning.
4) Picked up Dragic and your justification is that he's cheap as hell. Well, Draymond Green+Klay+Kyrie make the same amount of money so how cheap are we talking about?
5) Found hidden gems? Lol... you're just reaching here. Losing LeBron overshadows everything he has done since then. East just got WAYYYYYYYYY better. Miami won't win just by resigning Whiteside and Wade. Wade+Bosh+Whiteside is a first round exit.

He's still mad about the 2012 finals, don't bother. Lol

Aren't you the guy who said you hoped people got their heads chopped off by ISIS or something? You clearly shouldn't be talking about someone being mad.

AllBall
07-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Lol... you're just reaching here.

Irony.

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 07:39 PM
Irony.

Saying he found a hidden gem in Tyler Johnson is laughable. It's as if you are trying to really find an argument for him. Paying Wade that little will come back to bite that franchise if Wade doesn't resign and tells all his buddies that Wade did him dirty. Pat Riley did LeBron dirty and LeBron wins a championship. He hasn't done anything great but go ahead, I guess you guys think Chris Bosh is still a top 15 player...

AllBall
07-02-2016, 07:46 PM
It's as if you are trying to really find an argument

Fitting.

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 07:48 PM
Fitting.

Yup, Tyler Johnson and Richardson were gems that will turn this franchise around... not like losing LeBron was a terrible thing for Miami at all.

WaDe03
07-02-2016, 09:12 PM
FlashBolt you're too obsessed with LeBron to discuss anything about the Heat without mentioning him. Finding TJ, JRich, Briante, and Hassan were great moves.

FlashBolt
07-02-2016, 09:13 PM
FlashBolt you're too obsessed with LeBron to discuss anything about the Heat without mentioning him. Finding TJ, JRich, Briante, and Hassan were great moves.

They went from a championship contending team to a team that wouldn't even be fourth seed. Great moves? Get KD and you have a great move. Wade+Bosh+Whiteside is a ticket to 1st/2nd round exit.

AllBall
07-02-2016, 09:25 PM
They went from a championship contending team to a team that wouldn't even be fourth seed. Great moves? Get KD and you have a great move. Wade+Bosh+Whiteside is a ticket to 1st/2nd round exit.

The Heat has moved on from Lebron. Micky Arison congratulated him minutes after Game 7. The majority of Heat fans have moved on and so has the organization. In the same way that they announced the retirement of Shaq's jersey, they don't hold grudges. It's time to let go.

When Lebron left Cleveland they went on 3 seasons with the worst record, broke records for losing and were lottery locks. I'd say the Heat will be just fine since they were nowhere near that. 17 winning seasons under Riley is fine by me.

Arch Stanton
07-02-2016, 09:44 PM
The Heat won 2 championships with LeBron, and 1 with Wade within the past decade. They have a great cap expert in Andy Elisburg, and amazing recruiter in Riley. Whether or not the hit on Durant or not, they will most likely be competitive each year moving forward.

CardinalRed24
07-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Hmm I wonder what Whiteside has to say about this