PDA

View Full Version : 2016 NBA Free Agency Predictions

TylerSL
06-26-2016, 07:34 AM
NBA Free Agency begins at 12 am E.T. Friday night and the league could either shift dramatically or wait until 2017 when the cap is at least $109 million and Curry, Westbrook, Blake, and CP3 all hit the market to possibly join players from this year's class who sign a 1 year deal. Without further adieu, predictions for all the top free agents this summer.

1. Lebron James-Yes, Lebron is the top free agent. Any time he's not under contract he will be the headline free agent. He brought the 2014 Free agent class to a stand still when was super quite about his intentions. As long as he's in his prime, he will be anyone's top priority. He'll sign another 1+1 deal with Cleveland. His 16-17 salary will be around $27.5 million. He may leave in 2017 if Cleveland doesn't win next season. 2017 will be his last big contract as I believe he will look for a 5 year max next summer. If he ends up leaving Cleveland he'll force a sign and trade and sign a 5 year $220+ million contract next summer.

2. Kevin Durant-He will follow in Lebron's footsteps and sign a 1+1 with OKC to become a free agent with Westbrook in 2017. His salary for 2016 will be over $28 million. I will say now that I believe Durant is going to leave OKC but it will be next summer as opposed to this one. That is largely due to circumstance as the increase in the cap and Westbrook's contract ending and many other stars being free agents in just one more summer. Obviously Durant won't leave if the Thunder win a title but they will not, hence my belief that he is out the door.

3. Andre Drummond-He will sign a 5 year $136.5 million max extension with Detroit. His salary next year will be $23.5 million.

4. Hassan Whiteside-This is the top free agent who has the biggest likelihood of changing teams. That said I don't believe he will either. While Miami can only go 4 year just like everyone else, they can offer 7.5% increases as opposed to 4.5% so they can offer a couple million more than anyone else. Teams like the Lakers and Mavericks can only offer money that the Heat can match while giving him a better platform to win. If a team like Golden State came calling it might turn his head, but he can get paid more by Miami and Pat Riley is going to keep the Heat relevant. So at the end of the day I believe he's going to sign a 4 year deal worth right around, but no lower than, $100 million. The most he can get from the Heat is 4 years $105.1 million and the most he can get from everyone else is $100.5 million. His salary next season will be around $22.5 million.

5. Mike Conely-He will be the top free agent to leave (yes, I rate him higher than Derozan). He will leave because he wants to win and Memphis is probably passed the point of competing in the Western Conference. Call me crazy, but I believe he will find himself signing with the Spurs this summer. I know the Spurs have Parker, but he had a major reduction in role last season. He played the fewest minutes off his career (27.5) and had his lowest scoring total since his rookie year (11.9). He is also 34 years old. It sound weird right now, but I see Parker coming off the Spurs bench next season. It won't take much roster gymnastics to free the space to acquire him either. The Spurs have about $15 million in cap and that's assuming Duncan opts in to his deal. I find it more likely Duncan will opt out of his $5.6 million and sign a $3-4 million contract, possibly less, to free up as much space as possible. They may even move Patty Mills ($3.2 million) or Diaw ($7 million), though I find it less likely. I think Conley signs a 4 year deal worth $65-70 million. That's not the most he could get, especially if he stays in Memphis, but it will give him around $16 million in 16-17, and he will be in a position to compete for a championship every season.

6. Dwyane Wade-He will sign another 1 year $20 million contract with the Heat. The Heat won't commit long term to Wade yet to keep their options open for 2017, but it's highly unlikely they will be able to acquire a top talent this summer. They are going to have to pay Whiteside. Worse, they have to use cap space to do it. That makes it almost impossible for them to get a top free agent this summer. However next summer is a much different story. Best case scenario is we keep Hassan and Bosh comes back healthy. If that happens we will be major players to bring another star to Miami, but regardless we will be an intriguing option no matter what. Either Bosh will come back next year and we will have Bosh, Whiteside, Dragic, Winslow, and Richardson under contract for $70 million in 2017, giving us almost $40 million in cap next summer, before signing Wade, or he is forced to retire and we have $65 million cap next summer, assuming we keep Whiteside. So this summer is all about keeping Hassan and the rest will just fall into place.

7. Demar Derozan-I find him to be one of the biggest wild cards this summer, as I believe he will mainly end up chasing money. The Lakers will be a huge threat to sign him once they miss out on Lebron, Durant, and Whiteside. However I believe he'll get Toronto to give him a max offer. He's a 7 year pro so he can get 30% of the cap instead of 25% and next season will only be his age 27 season. If not a max, he will get close to it. I see a 5 year deal worth at least $150 million. On a 5/$150 million contract his 16-17 salary would be just under $26 million (the max he can get for 16-17 is $28.2 million). Hey may spare Toronto a couple million, but he's getting at least as much as anyone else can give him. He will make $25-$28 million next season, and Toronto will give it to him.

8. Al Horford-Just the second "top tier" free agent I see leaving (although once you get out of the top 5 or 6, it probably goes down to second tier). Even though Horford loves it in Atlanta and that will probably always be the place he calls "home" I believe when the Los Angeles Lakers come calling he will end up making the move. The Lakers are going to eventually land a big star. After a couple of terrible years they have finally got a big name coach and young stars who can thrive in the future. They are finally on the rise and with all the money in the world, someone is going to L.A. The Lakers will in all likelihood, be competing for an NBA championship in 2-3 years. The Lakers will have to wait one more summer to get the big catch, but Horford will bring them stabilty next season and help mentor the younger guys because he is tried and true NBA veteran that could really help a team like the Lakers. Next season will be his age 30 season but I don't see him pushing for a max. He may initially ask for something close to it, but I don't believe he'll be one to really push for it. I think he'll end up settling for something like 4 years $90-$100 million. His salary for 16-17 will between $22-$24 million

9. Pau Gasol-A very underrated player who will still command a large contract on the open market. Pau will get plenty of offers, but none more appealing than the Golden State Warriors. The Warriors have about $15 million in space before dealing with Harrison Barnes' impending free agency. And while they will probably trade Andrew Bogut to add enough space to make a run at Durant. Once they move Bogut, they will have around $25 million in cap. Pau Gasol wants to win and he'll get a nice two or three year deal from the Warriors who will have the cap to get him and more. Gasol just came off making $7.5 million this season, but next season will be his age 36 season. I believe he'll get a raise and join a major contender so I see him getting something close to a 3 year, $35-$40 million contract with a team option for the 3rd year. His 16-17 salary will be around $12 million.

10. Harrison Barnes-I'm certain he'd prefer to stay with Golden State so he will wait on Durant's decision to sign a contract. Once they lose out on Durant they may as well retain Barnes. I expect they will be forced to match an offer sheet as opposed to signing him to an extension because another team will probably offer him a higher yearly rate. The Warriors will match a 4 year $80-$85 million contract. His 16-17 salary will be $19-$20 million.

11. Dwight Howard-He will be offended when teams wait to see what other free agents do before offering him big money. Howard will have some interested suitors in Portland, Charlotte, New York and Dallas, possibly a few others. I believe New York will be the team that will win out. Playing with Lillard would probably end up being a better decision for Dwight, but New York is the largest market there is and that will be appealing to Dwight. Also having a now healthy Rose (albeit not an MVP candidate) and Melo with Phil running the show will make it an easy choice for him. Dwight won't get a full max, but expect at least what he opted out of in Houston. Next year will be his age 31 season, so expect him to get 4 years $105-$110 million. His 16-17 salary will be between $24-$25 million and we will all know that Dwight fleeced another NBA franchise.

12. Bradley Beal-He's looking for a max which means the Wizards will have to match an offer sheet if they want to keep him. They expect him to have a big breakout soon but injuries have slowed him the last couple years. Because of this I can't see them letting him go and they will match an offer of something like 4 years $85-90 million. His 16-17 salary will be $20-$22 million.

13. Nicolas Batum-Batum wants to handle his business in free agency quickly so he can play for the french national team this summer. With that in mind I believe he makes a return to Charlotte but only commits to a one year deal. I believe Batum will sign a one year $14-$15 million deal to allow him to test his value in a $109 million cap.

14. Dirk Nowitzki-Dirk will sign a 2 year deal that will be his final NBA contract. A two year deal will sign him through his age 39 season and will be his 19th and 20th seasons with the Mavericks. I bet he'll sign something like 2 years $16 million where he makes $8 million both years.

15. Rajon Rondo-I believe two of the most dysfunctional NBA franchises will get themselves into somewhat of a bidding war for this guy, and that will be the Nets and Kings. A lot of teams will stay away from him after what he did in Dallas but Sacramento will want to keep him, and the Nets need something to help them win, they don't have picks. I'd say he ends up in Brooklyn. I'd say he'll get a two year deal worth $28-$30 million. His 16-17 salary will be around $14 million.

16. Chandler Parsons-I believe Parsons will sign with the Magic. Orlando seems like they want to win after acquiring Ibaka, as head scratching of a move as that was. With Dallas clearly not willing to offer a max or probably anything close to it Parsons will simply choose the highest bidder, which I believe will be Orlando. 4 years, $80-$90 million. 16-17 salary will be close to $18-20 million.

17. Ryan Anderson-Many teams are going to fight for his services this summer. Though injured, he's a very valuable stretch four who hits 3's at a high percent. I believe he'll end up staying in New Orleans. The Pelicans obviously want to win considering Anthony Davis is just starting his huge extension. After drafting Heild, retaining Anderson will give them quality 3 point shooting next to Davis. They'll have to pay up, as next season will be his age 28 season, but I see the Pelicans offering 5 years. 5 years $80-$85 million. His 16-17 salary will be around $14 million.

18. Joakim Noah-If the Warriors do indeed trade Bogut to make a run at Durant they will be in need of a Center, even after acquiring Pau Gasol. I believe that Center will be Noah because he'll be rather cheap coming off his injuries and he's still a very tough and competitive player. I believe he'll end up getting close to what he made this year (13.4 million) but with the great increases in the cap, that will be a much better value. I'm guessing he'll get 3 years $42-$45 million from Golden State. His 16-17 salary will be about $13 million

19. Al Jefferson-The Hornets probably won't let him go. He's still a very skilled Center and next year will only be his age 31-32 season. He's still got a few good years left and I expect he'll get 3 years $45-$50 million. His 16-17 contract will be $14-$15 million.

20. Luol Deng-He chose to opt in to Miami last summer because he really felt wanted by the Heat. After becoming a very good stretch four he'll be wanted even more and because of that I doubt he leaves Miami. Value isn't always shown through monetary ways and Miami provides that for players that work hard, Deng being no exception. I expect a 2 year $20-$25 million deal to be offered and accepted. His 16-17 salary will be $12-$13 million.

Other notable free agents and where they will go
Tim Duncan-Spurs 1 year, $3.5 million
Manu Ginobili-Spurs 1 year, $3 million
Bismack Biyombo-Celtics 4 years $60-$62 million
Festus Ezeli-Warriors 3 years $24 million
Jordan Clarkson-Lakers 2 years $22 million
Joe Johnson-Heat 1 year $8 million
Tyler Johnson-Heat 2 years $10 million
JR Smith-Cavaliers 1 year $9 million

Thoughts? Discuss

Dade County
06-26-2016, 09:09 AM
Pat Riley does his thing and gets KD or Batum.

Miami keeps Whiteside as well.

Clint Olbrock
06-26-2016, 01:30 PM
NBA Free Agency begins at 12 am E.T. Friday night and the league could either shift dramatically or wait until 2017 when the cap is at least $109 million and Curry, Westbrook, Blake, and CP3 all hit the market to possibly join players from this year's class who sign a 1 year deal. Without further adieu, predictions for all the top free agents this summer.

1. Lebron James-Yes, Lebron is the top free agent. Any time he's not under contract he will be the headline free agent. He brought the 2014 Free agent class to a stand still when was super quite about his intentions. As long as he's in his prime, he will be anyone's top priority. He'll sign another 1+1 deal with Cleveland. His 16-17 salary will be around $27.5 million. He may leave in 2017 if Cleveland doesn't win next season. 2017 will be his last big contract as I believe he will look for a 5 year max next summer. If he ends up leaving Cleveland he'll force a sign and trade and sign a 5 year $220+ million contract next summer.

2. Kevin Durant-He will follow in Lebron's footsteps and sign a 1+1 with OKC to become a free agent with Westbrook in 2017. His salary for 2016 will be over $28 million. I will say now that I believe Durant is going to leave OKC but it will be next summer as opposed to this one. That is largely due to circumstance as the increase in the cap and Westbrook's contract ending and many other stars being free agents in just one more summer. Obviously Durant won't leave if the Thunder win a title but they will not, hence my belief that he is out the door.

3. Andre Drummond-He will sign a 5 year $136.5 million max extension with Detroit. His salary next year will be $23.5 million.

4. Hassan Whiteside-This is the top free agent who has the biggest likelihood of changing teams. That said I don't believe he will either. While Miami can only go 4 year just like everyone else, they can offer 7.5% increases as opposed to 4.5% so they can offer a couple million more than anyone else. Teams like the Lakers and Mavericks can only offer money that the Heat can match while giving him a better platform to win. If a team like Golden State came calling it might turn his head, but he can get paid more by Miami and Pat Riley is going to keep the Heat relevant. So at the end of the day I believe he's going to sign a 4 year deal worth right around, but no lower than, $100 million. The most he can get from the Heat is 4 years $105.1 million and the most he can get from everyone else is $100.5 million. His salary next season will be around $22.5 million.

5. Mike Conely-He will be the top free agent to leave (yes, I rate him higher than Derozan). He will leave because he wants to win and Memphis is probably passed the point of competing in the Western Conference. Call me crazy, but I believe he will find himself signing with the Spurs this summer. I know the Spurs have Parker, but he had a major reduction in role last season. He played the fewest minutes off his career (27.5) and had his lowest scoring total since his rookie year (11.9). He is also 34 years old. It sound weird right now, but I see Parker coming off the Spurs bench next season. It won't take much roster gymnastics to free the space to acquire him either. The Spurs have about $15 million in cap and that's assuming Duncan opts in to his deal. I find it more likely Duncan will opt out of his $5.6 million and sign a $3-4 million contract, possibly less, to free up as much space as possible. They may even move Patty Mills ($3.2 million) or Diaw ($7 million), though I find it less likely. I think Conley signs a 4 year deal worth $65-70 million. That's not the most he could get, especially if he stays in Memphis, but it will give him around $16 million in 16-17, and he will be in a position to compete for a championship every season.

6. Dwyane Wade-He will sign another 1 year $20 million contract with the Heat. The Heat won't commit long term to Wade yet to keep their options open for 2017, but it's highly unlikely they will be able to acquire a top talent this summer. They are going to have to pay Whiteside. Worse, they have to use cap space to do it. That makes it almost impossible for them to get a top free agent this summer. However next summer is a much different story. Best case scenario is we keep Hassan and Bosh comes back healthy. If that happens we will be major players to bring another star to Miami, but regardless we will be an intriguing option no matter what. Either Bosh will come back next year and we will have Bosh, Whiteside, Dragic, Winslow, and Richardson under contract for $70 million in 2017, giving us almost $40 million in cap next summer, before signing Wade, or he is forced to retire and we have $65 million cap next summer, assuming we keep Whiteside. So this summer is all about keeping Hassan and the rest will just fall into place.

7. Demar Derozan-I find him to be one of the biggest wild cards this summer, as I believe he will mainly end up chasing money. The Lakers will be a huge threat to sign him once they miss out on Lebron, Durant, and Whiteside. However I believe he'll get Toronto to give him a max offer. He's a 7 year pro so he can get 30% of the cap instead of 25% and next season will only be his age 27 season. If not a max, he will get close to it. I see a 5 year deal worth at least $150 million. On a 5/$150 million contract his 16-17 salary would be just under $26 million (the max he can get for 16-17 is $28.2 million). Hey may spare Toronto a couple million, but he's getting at least as much as anyone else can give him. He will make $25-$28 million next season, and Toronto will give it to him.

8. Al Horford-Just the second "top tier" free agent I see leaving (although once you get out of the top 5 or 6, it probably goes down to second tier). Even though Horford loves it in Atlanta and that will probably always be the place he calls "home" I believe when the Los Angeles Lakers come calling he will end up making the move. The Lakers are going to eventually land a big star. After a couple of terrible years they have finally got a big name coach and young stars who can thrive in the future. They are finally on the rise and with all the money in the world, someone is going to L.A. The Lakers will in all likelihood, be competing for an NBA championship in 2-3 years. The Lakers will have to wait one more summer to get the big catch, but Horford will bring them stabilty next season and help mentor the younger guys because he is tried and true NBA veteran that could really help a team like the Lakers. Next season will be his age 30 season but I don't see him pushing for a max. He may initially ask for something close to it, but I don't believe he'll be one to really push for it. I think he'll end up settling for something like 4 years $90-$100 million. His salary for 16-17 will between $22-$24 million

9. Pau Gasol-A very underrated player who will still command a large contract on the open market. Pau will get plenty of offers, but none more appealing than the Golden State Warriors. The Warriors have about $15 million in space before dealing with Harrison Barnes' impending free agency. And while they will probably trade Andrew Bogut to add enough space to make a run at Durant. Once they move Bogut, they will have around $25 million in cap. Pau Gasol wants to win and he'll get a nice two or three year deal from the Warriors who will have the cap to get him and more. Gasol just came off making $7.5 million this season, but next season will be his age 36 season. I believe he'll get a raise and join a major contender so I see him getting something close to a 3 year, $35-$40 million contract with a team option for the 3rd year. His 16-17 salary will be around $12 million.

10. Harrison Barnes-I'm certain he'd prefer to stay with Golden State so he will wait on Durant's decision to sign a contract. Once they lose out on Durant they may as well retain Barnes. I expect they will be forced to match an offer sheet as opposed to signing him to an extension because another team will probably offer him a higher yearly rate. The Warriors will match a 4 year $80-$85 million contract. His 16-17 salary will be $19-$20 million.

11. Dwight Howard-He will be offended when teams wait to see what other free agents do before offering him big money. Howard will have some interested suitors in Portland, Charlotte, New York and Dallas, possibly a few others. I believe New York will be the team that will win out. Playing with Lillard would probably end up being a better decision for Dwight, but New York is the largest market there is and that will be appealing to Dwight. Also having a now healthy Rose (albeit not an MVP candidate) and Melo with Phil running the show will make it an easy choice for him. Dwight won't get a full max, but expect at least what he opted out of in Houston. Next year will be his age 31 season, so expect him to get 4 years $105-$110 million. His 16-17 salary will be between $24-$25 million and we will all know that Dwight fleeced another NBA franchise.

12. Bradley Beal-He's looking for a max which means the Wizards will have to match an offer sheet if they want to keep him. They expect him to have a big breakout soon but injuries have slowed him the last couple years. Because of this I can't see them letting him go and they will match an offer of something like 4 years $85-90 million. His 16-17 salary will be $20-$22 million.

13. Nicolas Batum-Batum wants to handle his business in free agency quickly so he can play for the french national team this summer. With that in mind I believe he makes a return to Charlotte but only commits to a one year deal. I believe Batum will sign a one year $14-$15 million deal to allow him to test his value in a $109 million cap.

14. Dirk Nowitzki-Dirk will sign a 2 year deal that will be his final NBA contract. A two year deal will sign him through his age 39 season and will be his 19th and 20th seasons with the Mavericks. I bet he'll sign something like 2 years $16 million where he makes $8 million both years.

15. Rajon Rondo-I believe two of the most dysfunctional NBA franchises will get themselves into somewhat of a bidding war for this guy, and that will be the Nets and Kings. A lot of teams will stay away from him after what he did in Dallas but Sacramento will want to keep him, and the Nets need something to help them win, they don't have picks. I'd say he ends up in Brooklyn. I'd say he'll get a two year deal worth $28-$30 million. His 16-17 salary will be around $14 million.

16. Chandler Parsons-I believe Parsons will sign with the Magic. Orlando seems like they want to win after acquiring Ibaka, as head scratching of a move as that was. With Dallas clearly not willing to offer a max or probably anything close to it Parsons will simply choose the highest bidder, which I believe will be Orlando. 4 years, $80-$90 million. 16-17 salary will be close to $18-20 million.

17. Ryan Anderson-Many teams are going to fight for his services this summer. Though injured, he's a very valuable stretch four who hits 3's at a high percent. I believe he'll end up staying in New Orleans. The Pelicans obviously want to win considering Anthony Davis is just starting his huge extension. After drafting Heild, retaining Anderson will give them quality 3 point shooting next to Davis. They'll have to pay up, as next season will be his age 28 season, but I see the Pelicans offering 5 years. 5 years $80-$85 million. His 16-17 salary will be around $14 million.

18. Joakim Noah-If the Warriors do indeed trade Bogut to make a run at Durant they will be in need of a Center, even after acquiring Pau Gasol. I believe that Center will be Noah because he'll be rather cheap coming off his injuries and he's still a very tough and competitive player. I believe he'll end up getting close to what he made this year (13.4 million) but with the great increases in the cap, that will be a much better value. I'm guessing he'll get 3 years $42-$45 million from Golden State. His 16-17 salary will be about $13 million

19. Al Jefferson-The Hornets probably won't let him go. He's still a very skilled Center and next year will only be his age 31-32 season. He's still got a few good years left and I expect he'll get 3 years $45-$50 million. His 16-17 contract will be $14-$15 million.

20. Luol Deng-He chose to opt in to Miami last summer because he really felt wanted by the Heat. After becoming a very good stretch four he'll be wanted even more and because of that I doubt he leaves Miami. Value isn't always shown through monetary ways and Miami provides that for players that work hard, Deng being no exception. I expect a 2 year $20-$25 million deal to be offered and accepted. His 16-17 salary will be $12-$13 million.

Other notable free agents and where they will go
Tim Duncan-Spurs 1 year, $3.5 million
Manu Ginobili-Spurs 1 year, $3 million
Bismack Biyombo-Celtics 4 years $60-$62 million
Festus Ezeli-Warriors 3 years $24 million
Jordan Clarkson-Lakers 2 years $22 million
Joe Johnson-Heat 1 year $8 million
Tyler Johnson-Heat 2 years $10 million
JR Smith-Cavaliers 1 year $9 million

Thoughts? Discuss

The Heat already have $48 million in guaranteed salary between Bosh, Dragic, Winslow and McBob... And you think they're going to add another $72.5 million.. Plus guaranteeing Richardson, putting their cap total at $120+ million with the tax line projected at $113 million... HAH yeah right. Which would still be added to because that would only be 10 players on their roster.

The Heat owner is as cheap as can be and has been for quite a few seasons.

Heat are gonna be hard pressed to retain all 5 of Wade, Deng, Whiteside, JJ and Tyler Johnson. Unless Deng and JJ play for discounts, which is possible but with both of their personalities and histories in the NBA, seems highly unlikely. With how much controversy was stirred up I don't see how Wade doesn't ask for another raise, he made the most last season in a single season that he ever has but you think he is going to be okay with being the 3rd highest paid player on the team behind Whiteside and Bosh? Doubtful, highly doubtful.

Tyler may not get any offers but if he signs a hefty offer sheet then it will come down to is the owner too cheap to match it?

Whiteside has made it pretty clear, give him the max or he will go somewhere else to get the max, right now is not the time to count dollars and pinch pennies if you're the Heat owner... Be a tight wad and force losing a good chunk of your core.

xxplayerxx23
06-26-2016, 01:58 PM
Pat Riley does his thing and gets KD or Batum.

Miami keeps Whiteside as well.

Lol impossible

xxplayerxx23
06-26-2016, 01:59 PM
Some of those salaries are to low. Clarkson Conley batum will all get more

Raps08-09 Champ
06-26-2016, 02:22 PM
Howard to New York please.

xxplayerxx23
06-26-2016, 02:25 PM
Howard to New York please.

Had no idea you want the Knicks to be a solid team thank you

DanG
06-26-2016, 02:29 PM
Whiteside to the Lakers!

j-bay
06-26-2016, 02:32 PM
I want to say Horford signs withh the Wizards with the money they have but i think he will end up in green and white.

*Silver&Black*
06-26-2016, 02:33 PM
So Hawks lose Horford to Lakers, and with their cap space, replace him with who?

j-bay
06-26-2016, 02:45 PM
The only guy i could see going to the Lakers is Whiteside. I'm hearing the young immature Lakers are starting to scare some vets off.

Vee-Rex
06-26-2016, 02:51 PM
I'd love to see a Heat fan's prediction that doesn't involve LeBron, KD, Whiteside, and Wade all in Heat jerseys next year.

Clint Olbrock
06-26-2016, 03:05 PM
So Hawks lose Horford to Lakers, and with their cap space, replace him with who?
Let's just say Horford does leave in FA, to wherever. You may have his replacement on your roster already in Splitter or with the team option on Muscala; heck even bring Humphries back for cheap.

If not, this FA class is DEEP as far as centers go.. Drummond, Whiteside, Howard, Al Jefferson, Noah, Biyombo, Ezeli, Pachulia, Mahinmi, Motiejunas, Speights, Mozgov, Nene, Hibbert, Amare, Pau, Sullinger, Jordan Hill and some people even think Larry Sanders will be in play(I'm not of that thought process).

But still, there is a plethora of options to replace Horford if he walks in FA.

Iron24th
06-26-2016, 03:39 PM
Whiteside to the Lakers!

This, he's the only big fish who we have a chance to sign, so we better go all in.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-26-2016, 05:00 PM
If we sign Whiteside and Horford we would still have 19 million dollars in cap room. Clarksons extension will be $5.6m plus another 5 to 6 million to fill out the roster with minimums. I wouldn't use the remaining $9m on any other free agents unless they take a 1 year deal. When the cap goes up another $20m next year and if the Lakers don't pick up options on their bottom tier players they could have up to $34 or $35 million for another free agent able to recieve the 30% max ie. Westbrook, Curry, Griffin, Cp3, etc.

Everyone is going small. I would like to start zigging when everyone is zagging. Get the best front court you can get. Whiteside, Horford, Randle, and Ingram could be a good start

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-26-2016, 05:01 PM
P.s. Thanks op for typing all that up. Good insight

uprightciti
06-26-2016, 05:09 PM
I think d wade ends up in Cleveland
I think Noah is a Knick
I think KD stays on OKC
I think Whiteside and DeRozen go to the lakers
I think Batum is a Knick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TylerSL
06-26-2016, 05:15 PM
The Heat already have $48 million in guaranteed salary between Bosh, Dragic, Winslow and McBob... And you think they're going to add another $72.5 million.. Plus guaranteeing Richardson, putting their cap total at $120+ million with the tax line projected at $113 million... HAH yeah right. Which would still be added to because that would only be 10 players on their roster.

The Heat owner is as cheap as can be and has been for quite a few seasons.

Heat are gonna be hard pressed to retain all 5 of Wade, Deng, Whiteside, JJ and Tyler Johnson. Unless Deng and JJ play for discounts, which is possible but with both of their personalities and histories in the NBA, seems highly unlikely. With how much controversy was stirred up I don't see how Wade doesn't ask for another raise, he made the most last season in a single season that he ever has but you think he is going to be okay with being the 3rd highest paid player on the team behind Whiteside and Bosh? Doubtful, highly doubtful.

Tyler may not get any offers but if he signs a hefty offer sheet then it will come down to is the owner too cheap to match it?

Whiteside has made it pretty clear, give him the max or he will go somewhere else to get the max, right now is not the time to count dollars and pinch pennies if you're the Heat owner... Be a tight wad and force losing a good chunk of your core.

Keep in mind it's also the order in which we sign deals. If we get Whiteside at $22.5 million, that would make our payroll $70 million, still $24 million under the cap. I don't believe Tyler Johnson will get a big offer sheet as he missed 4 months of the season with shoulder surgery. I expect it won't take much for Miami to get him back. Could he get more than 2 years $10 million, possible but I'd like to see what team offers him $6, $7, or $8 million a year. Probably won't be one.

So $70 million payroll just after bringing Whiteside back, I also predicted another $20 million or so between Deng/JJ and if it is $5 million for Tyler Johnson then we are right at the cap, around $95 million payroll before bringing Wade back. I said Wade would sign 1 year $20, but it could be anywhere from $15-$20 million. Yeah, we're going to focus on bringing our guys back on short term deals so we can have cap next summer and remain competitive. We will have a $110-$115 million payroll after resigning Wade but we WILL move McRoberts before the season starts, probably bringing us under the $113 million tax. I expect us to once again be right on the tax line and then next year the books will be clear to try to add pieces next year. We will likely keep our core, and do it staying under the tax. We avoided the tax by about $30,000 last year. We'll do something similar again next year.

Note-While it's true that Wade has never been the highest paid player in a single season with the Heat, it's an irrelevant point. Wade has, by far, the highest career earnings of anyone who has ever worn a Heat uniform. By next summer Wade will have over $170 million in career earnings and he WILL exceed $200 million before he's done. He doesn't feel slighted by the Heat, he would just prefer to have a long term contract so he can be locked up for the end of his career, which we will do next summer.

TylerSL
06-26-2016, 05:16 PM
I think d wade ends up in Cleveland
I think Noah is a Knick
I think KD stays on OKC
I think Whiteside and DeRozen go to the lakers
I think Batum is a Knick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would Wade go to Cleveland when all they can offer is $4 million or so? He wants a long term deal with the Heat lol.

Aust
06-26-2016, 06:16 PM
I don't see Horford going to LAL. I'd give us about a 10-20% shot at Whiteside. DeRozan stays in Toronto.

WaDe03
06-26-2016, 06:25 PM
KD to Miami.

Clint Olbrock
06-26-2016, 06:39 PM
Keep in mind it's also the order in which we sign deals. If we get Whiteside at $22.5 million, that would make our payroll $70 million, still $24 million under the cap. I don't believe Tyler Johnson will get a big offer sheet as he missed 4 months of the season with shoulder surgery. I expect it won't take much for Miami to get him back. Could he get more than 2 years $10 million, possible but I'd like to see what team offers him $6, $7, or $8 million a year. Probably won't be one.

So $70 million payroll just after bringing Whiteside back, I also predicted another $20 million or so between Deng/JJ and if it is $5 million for Tyler Johnson then we are right at the cap, around $95 million payroll before bringing Wade back. I said Wade would sign 1 year $20, but it could be anywhere from $15-$20 million. Yeah, we're going to focus on bringing our guys back on short term deals so we can have cap next summer and remain competitive. We will have a $110-$115 million payroll after resigning Wade but we WILL move McRoberts before the season starts, probably bringing us under the $113 million tax. I expect us to once again be right on the tax line and then next year the books will be clear to try to add pieces next year. We will likely keep our core, and do it staying under the tax. We avoided the tax by about $30,000 last year. We'll do something similar again next year.

Note-While it's true that Wade has never been the highest paid player in a single season with the Heat, it's an irrelevant point. Wade has, by far, the highest career earnings of anyone who has ever worn a Heat uniform. By next summer Wade will have over $170 million in career earnings and he WILL exceed $200 million before he's done. He doesn't feel slighted by the Heat, he would just prefer to have a long term contract so he can be locked up for the end of his career, which we will do next summer.
The order doesn't really matter because Wade has a $30 million cap hold.

After just seeing this article(http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16542632/miami-heat-center-hassan-whiteside-hopes-decide-free-agent-future-july-1), Whiteside doesn't seem like he is all in on Miami, at least not by his answers. I'm not saying you all will lose him, I'm just saying that Arison and Riley better not try to play hard ball with the kid.. He wants a lot of money and fast. If they really want him, they are going to offer him the max at 12:01 AM, If not; they run the risk of losing him.

I'm not saying Tyler will get a huge offer sheet, I just know that Heat fans rave over the kid and if fans are doing it then there is at least 1 scout out there that is probably doing the same. Him being restricted may keep him in a Heat uniform but the huge cap jump may take him outta one too.

I don't feel like the view around the league on Deng and JJ is that they are chopped liver(even if they are a bit older), once some of the bigger names are off the board, I can really see teams with cap left throwing money at these guys. Deng I think is more likely to stay, JJ i think just used you guys for nice weather and A LOT of playing time to showcase himself for FA.

I 100% do not see Wade signing for less than $20 million, he made such a big stink less than a year ago about how he deserves back pay and all this. Unless it is for someone like Durant or of his caliber, I don't see Wade backing off his stance of wanting to get paid. He doesn't want to leave but the organization can't just push this dude around, he is still their best player.. Heck, the dude was celebrating with the Cavs after game 7 of the finals.

I fully think you all will move McBob but you still have to fill out the roster with something, even if vet min guys, it still adds up when there are like 5 or 6 of em and you are top toeing on the tax line.

I stand by it, I think the Heat are going to have a really hard time bringing all their guys back. Bosh is still a huge question mark too, not contract wise but health wise.

allSUAVE
06-26-2016, 06:59 PM
Whiteside left yesterday

I just dont want my Knicks to overpay for nobody.. I rather stink it up and build in the lottery than overpay for 1 player smh

Scoots
06-26-2016, 11:45 PM
I'm not a Heat fan and they can't sign erybody ... But Riley could renounce Wade with a handshake deal for him to come back. At this point I assume Wade and Bosh both have lifetime deals with the Heat ... they will be on the payroll in some way or another for the next 20 years. I never discount what Riley can pull off.

naps
06-27-2016, 12:44 PM
I think KD, Wade, and Whiteside are going to the Cavs for vet mins to come off the bench. Great city, great owner, great weather, jumping on winning bandwagon because all three are known for jumping ship when **** get tough. Looking forward to see them all there. Should be a lot of fun.

FlashBolt
06-27-2016, 12:55 PM
Man, just reading about Whiteside already gives me a headache. This guy needs a new PR team asap. What the hell is this guy doing saying all these things? I get that he's 27 and needs to set himself up with his first big contract but man, he needs to clean his act up or he'll end up being the next Andrew Bynum.. just an immature individual who doesn't think at all. He should be thanking Miami for giving him the opportunity and mentoring him/allowing him to grow. He's gone, Miami fans.. sorry but that answer was as clear as day. Either that or he's trying to play hard ball with the Heat.

Anyhow, Wade will probably demand $20 million. Bosh gets way more and that's not even considering that Wade has sacrificed the most by allowing James/Bosh to go there. No way Wade sacrifices more so guys like Whiteside can make more money. Heat managed to win a few games without Whiteside, too. The only way Wade will probably take less is if someone like KD or Bron comes back. Other than that, he's given way too much already. Heat aren't really in a tricky situation with Wade anyways. No team is going to give Wade a max contract anyways. Aren't the Heat looking at DeRozan also?

xxplayerxx23
06-27-2016, 02:21 PM
If we got Noah and batum I might throw a parade lol. I don't think that's realistic. Think demar stays durant stays. Don't get why lakers would wanna sign horford and whiteside you really want to give up on randle being a starter that quick? They should sign whiteside and pick up some 1 year depth then go into 2017 with Russel Clarkson (I think he's going to cost a ton but I think they'll bring him back ) Ingram - randle and whiteside. Huge money that's a very appealing place ESP if Ingram turns out to be a stud right off the bat. If they wanna let Clarkson go and make a run at durant Westy combo I don't see why they wouldn't .

Scoots
06-27-2016, 03:18 PM
Man, just reading about Whiteside already gives me a headache. This guy needs a new PR team asap. What the hell is this guy doing saying all these things? I get that he's 27 and needs to set himself up with his first big contract but man, he needs to clean his act up or he'll end up being the next Andrew Bynum.. just an immature individual who doesn't think at all. He should be thanking Miami for giving him the opportunity and mentoring him/allowing him to grow. He's gone, Miami fans.. sorry but that answer was as clear as day. Either that or he's trying to play hard ball with the Heat.

Anyhow, Wade will probably demand $20 million. Bosh gets way more and that's not even considering that Wade has sacrificed the most by allowing James/Bosh to go there. No way Wade sacrifices more so guys like Whiteside can make more money. Heat managed to win a few games without Whiteside, too. The only way Wade will probably take less is if someone like KD or Bron comes back. Other than that, he's given way too much already. Heat aren't really in a tricky situation with Wade anyways. No team is going to give Wade a max contract anyways. Aren't the Heat looking at DeRozan also?

It's all about the handshake deals Riley hands out. If Wade gets a $5M a year gig as the team PR liason to visiting players or some such BS job for the 10 years after he retires then that money is off the cap and off the books until he retires. It's nothing new.

kobe4thewinbang
06-27-2016, 03:56 PM
Pretty good analysis. Kudos.

I think:

Whiteside goes to Mavericks
Dwight goes to Knicks
DeRozan stays with Raptors
Durant goes to Celtics
Conley goes to Spurs
Gasol goes to Spurs
Horford stays with Hawks
Rondo to Rockets
Beal to Wizards
Barnes to Warriors
Wade to Heat
LeBron to Cavaliers
Drummond to Pistons
Joakim to Raptors
Ezeli to Lakers

RLundi
06-27-2016, 04:43 PM
Great write-up OP. I think you're dead-on with a lot of these. Unfortunately, I see Parsons in a Magic uni :(

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-27-2016, 05:56 PM
Yup Lundi I agree i see us way over paying Parsons :-/ if he wasn't always hurt I wouldnt dislike it so much

Gibby23
06-27-2016, 06:10 PM
If we sign Whiteside and Horford we would still have 19 million dollars in cap room. Clarksons extension will be $5.6m plus another 5 to 6 million to fill out the roster with minimums. I wouldn't use the remaining $9m on any other free agents unless they take a 1 year deal. When the cap goes up another $20m next year and if the Lakers don't pick up options on their bottom tier players they could have up to $34 or $35 million for another free agent able to recieve the 30% max ie. Westbrook, Curry, Griffin, Cp3, etc.

Everyone is going small. I would like to start zigging when everyone is zagging. Get the best front court you can get. Whiteside, Horford, Randle, and Ingram could be a good start

I think we keep about 12 to 14 million on a 1 year deal somewhere so there is a Max open for Westbrook next year.

Green_Monster
06-27-2016, 06:43 PM
Pretty good analysis. Kudos.

I think:

Whiteside goes to Mavericks
Dwight goes to Knicks
DeRozan stays with Raptors
Durant goes to Celtics
Conley goes to Spurs
Gasol goes to Spurs
Horford stays with Hawks
Rondo to Rockets
Beal to Wizards
Barnes to Warriors
Wade to Heat
LeBron to Cavaliers
Drummond to Pistons
Joakim to Raptors
Ezeli to Lakers

Durant to the Celtics would make me happy. The only way we'd have any shot is if we pull in Horford or one of the other top big men though. Without getting one of them to sign, our Durant chances go from slim to none.

j-bay
06-27-2016, 06:50 PM
Besides the Celtics, i like the Wizards chance of signing Horford if everything falls into place.

RLundi
06-27-2016, 09:17 PM
Yup Lundi I agree i see us way over paying Parsons :-/ if he wasn't always hurt I wouldnt dislike it so much

Yeah man, that knee scares me. If he checks out, I think he could average almost 20 a game and shoot 40% from the 3. Remember how good he was in Houston? Obviously he'd have more attention in Orlando but he'd have more usage too. He and Fournier would be deadly from the perimeter.

5ass
06-27-2016, 11:54 PM
Yeah that's a great post OP.

Ty Fast
06-28-2016, 01:21 PM
Where do you think some of the free agents will sign? A lot of good players out there. Heres a few for me.
KD - Spurs or OKC
Conley - Mavs
Whiteside - Heat or Lakers
D12 - Spurs (If they don't get KD)
Derozen - Magic or Raps (Maybe Nets, I could see them over pay)
Rondo - Nets
Harrison Barnes - GSW