06-26-2016, 02:11 AM
I think it's top 30? Anyways go.

More-Than-Most
06-26-2016, 02:35 AM
There is only 2 options for number 1.... Lebron or Westy :D

Lebron James is the clear cut number 1

FraziersKnicks
06-26-2016, 06:31 AM
If you're gonna do this at least do it properly with a poll. Would actually be really interested to see how the top 10 shapes out.

Mile High was the best at these.

NYKalltheway
06-26-2016, 07:16 AM
I really wanna see if people gonna debate Curry as #1.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-26-2016, 07:25 AM
If you're gonna do this at least do it properly with a poll. Would actually be really interested to see how the top 10 shapes out.

Mile High was the best at these.

If it's a runaway vote it should be decided within days, if not people have a week to vote. Not sure what you mean by "properly" but ok.

FraziersKnicks
06-26-2016, 07:36 AM
If it's a runaway vote it should be decided within days, if not people have a week to vote. Not sure what you mean by "properly" but ok.

Sorry didn't mean that to come across offensively. Just thought if we were gonna have this debate it would be pretty hard to go through and sift out names form people's posts. I originally saw this thread on my phone so didn't see the poll if it was there.

I remember Mile High giving it about 48 hours for each ranking. That is usually enough time to get most people voting, otherwise the thread just stagnates. It'll also mean it you can do all 30 over the course of 2 months.

Just suggestions.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-26-2016, 07:51 AM
Sorry didn't mean that to come across offensively. Just thought if we were gonna have this debate it would be pretty hard to go through and sift out names form people's posts. I originally saw this thread on my phone so didn't see the poll if it was there.

I remember Mile High giving it about 48 hours for each ranking. That is usually enough time to get most people voting, otherwise the thread just stagnates. It'll also mean it you can do all 30 over the course of 2 months.

Just suggestions.

Ah ok. Wasn't sure what you meant.

2 days time will be good for each thread after this one. Appreciate the suggestions though.

Sadds The Gr8
06-26-2016, 08:09 AM
I was on the Curry train for the past year and a half but can't argue that after these playoffs.

DanG
06-26-2016, 09:07 AM
LeBron here, but Curry is 2nd for sure.

Kush McDaniels
06-26-2016, 10:32 AM
Kawhi #2 for me. At least he wont disappear when his shot isn't falling. If only the Spurs had the depth that the Warriors have.

JAZZNC
06-26-2016, 12:06 PM
LeBron James.

Shammyguy3
06-26-2016, 01:49 PM
I think we shouldn't do a top-30 list, but instead do a top-5 for each position list, that way there's consistency between a players' position and them coming up on the poll.

Thoughts? We can change this to "Who is the #1 SF in the league" thread, then go to #2 SF, etc.

Then after the top-5 SF, we move onto another position.

Then, once all 5 positions are done, we put the #1 player at each position in the firs thread of our annual top-25.

Then, Lebron likely gets voted #1, so the "#2 Best Player" thread will have the four #1s at the other positions and the #2 SF.

Thoughts?

Kush McDaniels
06-26-2016, 02:06 PM
I think we shouldn't do a top-30 list, but instead do a top-5 for each position list, that way there's consistency between a players' position and them coming up on the poll.

Thoughts? We can change this to "Who is the #1 SF in the league" thread, then go to #2 SF, etc.

Then, once all 5 positions are done, we put the #1 player at each position in the firs thread of our annual top-25.

Then, Lebron likely gets voted #1, so the "#2 Best Player" thread will have the four #1s at the other positions and the #2 SF.

Thoughts?

I think we're getting too close to positionless basketball for this to work any better

Sadds The Gr8
06-26-2016, 02:07 PM

Thoughts?
isn't that how we used to do it? i agree with that

Allphakenny1
06-26-2016, 02:51 PM

Thoughts?

Problem with this is that we only go 5 deep at each position. If we then do a top 25 overall, then the 6th best player at a particular position who may be a top 25 player does not end up on the top 25 overall list.

The obvious example is that we could vote on the top 5 centers, but maybe only one or two are top 25 players.

mngopher35
06-26-2016, 02:57 PM
I personally am a bit more curious where some players rank league wide than by position. Plus even in the league wide ranks we can still argue the players of same position if it truly is worth discussing. I feel like I know many have Kyrie borderline top 5 pg in the 2nd tier with Lowry/Lilliard (after Curry/Westy/CP3) but I couldn't tell you what that means for league wide ranks at all. Not that the specific discussions of those pg's wouldn't be fun too but to me that gets covered more often in other threads than where he is league wide.

Doesn't really matter though.

mngopher35
06-26-2016, 03:01 PM
Also I once again think Lebron is the best player in the NBA. It is pretty incredible how long he has held that title for me. I would say it is his last year here but that is kinda where I was at the last two seasons haha.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-26-2016, 03:04 PM
Woulda said Curry after the regular season but Lebron.

tredigs
06-26-2016, 03:43 PM
Was clearly Curry all season, and clearly LBJ in the playoffs. How much of that had to do with Curry sitting out for a couple weeks with the knee tear IDK. Clearly had something to do with it, but ultimately the ability to stay on the floor and 100% is the #1 commodity in the NBA, and Lebron still reigns supreme there. And if he was able to sustain his post-season play for a full season it would be one of the better ones in history.

bucketss
06-26-2016, 03:54 PM
can someone post last years thread im curious

Shammyguy3
06-26-2016, 03:56 PM
Problem with this is that we only go 5 deep at each position. If we then do a top 25 overall, then the 6th best player at a particular position who may be a top 25 player does not end up on the top 25 overall list.

The obvious example is that we could vote on the top 5 centers, but maybe only one or two are top 25 players.

Ah yeah that is a good point. Your point along with someone else saying how positionless the NBA is becoming, i guess we can just do it without doing positions first

Was clearly Curry all season, and clearly LBJ in the playoffs. How much of that had to do with Curry sitting out for a couple weeks with the knee tear IDK. Clearly had something to do with it, but ultimately the ability to stay on the floor and 100% is the #1 commodity in the NBA, and Lebron still reigns supreme there. And if he was able to sustain his post-season play for a full season it would be one of the better ones in history.

My thoughts here

Shammyguy3
06-26-2016, 03:58 PM
i also say we can move onto the next thread, Lebron is blowing this one away

Raps08-09 Champ
06-26-2016, 04:02 PM
The way we used to do it before was top 10 for each position. THEN top 3o and for each thread, we had 1 player per the 5 positions and when they were voted in, then the next SG or PG or whatever position would go in.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-26-2016, 04:03 PM

That's why you do top 10 per position and then top 30 players.

Shammyguy3
06-26-2016, 04:10 PM
should we do it by position first then and go all the way to 10 best at each slot? I remember having difficulty with certain threads in the past, like those putting Bosh at PF - is he a PF or is he a C? I say C, many said PF. Now, would you put Draymond Green as a PF or a C? I think most say PF, but some might argue he's a center. Would you put Jimmy Butler as a SG or as a SF?

idk what the best way is

shep33
06-26-2016, 04:10 PM
Return of the King

Bernard King!

Jk... LBJ fasho

Kush McDaniels
06-26-2016, 04:13 PM
I say just go top 30... or less.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-26-2016, 04:15 PM
should we do it by position first then and go all the way to 10 best at each slot? I remember having difficulty with certain threads in the past, like those putting Bosh at PF - is he a PF or is he a C? I say C, many said PF. Now, would you put Draymond Green as a PF or a C? I think most say PF, but some might argue he's a center. Would you put Jimmy Butler as a SG or as a SF?

idk what the best way is

Put them where they played more minutes the past year and put a disclaimer at the beginning of each thread. Not a big deal.

DR_1
06-26-2016, 07:09 PM
Damg it i missed the vote. Steph tops my list - cant ignore the regular season

Jeffy25
06-26-2016, 08:21 PM
Too early to move on to number 2 IMO, even if LeBron is running away here. You gotta give people time to come here and check and see.

Shammyguy3
06-26-2016, 09:10 PM
Curry needs 27 straight votes to catch the lead, and that's assuming nobody else comes in and votes for Lebron. Onto #2

tredigs
06-26-2016, 10:29 PM

idk what the best way is

We couldn't sustain the volume last year. The votes/debate for positions like #8 PF were a joke. My recommendations would be an overall Top-25 (max - possibly 20), but HeelOnWheels did a terrible job setting it up (sorry, you did). It needs an intro, a link to the overall top ~10 last season, and an establishment of *what* exactly you are voting on; be it best player in the NBA RIGHT now, best player LAST season, or best player going FORWARD. These distinctions matter and should at the very least be acknowledged.

Let's try to do things properly here again and move the site (at least this section) forward.

JordansBulls
06-26-2016, 11:23 PM
too bad Curry was injured this playoffs. I mean Lebron in 2010 was voted top playoffs despite not a good playoffs so why shouldn't Curry be here with an unanimous vote?

HandsOnTheWheel
06-27-2016, 12:21 AM
We couldn't sustain the volume last year. The votes/debate for positions like #8 PF were a joke. My recommendations would be an overall Top-25 (max - possibly 20), but HeelOnWheels did a terrible job setting it up (sorry, you did). It needs an intro, a link to the overall top ~10 last season, and an establishment of *what* exactly you are voting on; be it best player in the NBA RIGHT now, best player LAST season, or best player going FORWARD. These distinctions matter and should at the very least be acknowledged.

Let's try to do things properly here again and move the site (at least this section) forward.

It wouldn't have made much a difference, bud. Lebron was getting #1 regardless.

You just sound like a bitter fan who's player wasn't picked. What are you a Thunder fan?

No need to get all complicated with intros, distinctions and so on. It's pretty much common sense and if you can't understand it or get all worked up because your player wasn't picked, maybe you shouldn't vote.

What good would posting last years thread here do? So people can just use it as a basis for this year's thread? Come on man where's your common sense?

JordansBulls
06-27-2016, 12:24 AM
It wouldn't have made much a difference, bud. Lebron was getting #1 regardless.

You just sound like a bitter fan who's player wasn't picked. What are you a Thunder fan?

No need to get all complicated with intros, distinctions and so on. It's pretty much common sense and if you can't understand it or get all worked up because your player wasn't picked, maybe you shouldn't vote.

What good would posting last years thread here do? So people can just use it as a basis for this year's thread? Come on man where's your common sense?

Curry had the best numbers by far in the season. Lebron got good numbers playing the east talent in the playoffs, not real competition until the finals and even then needed a Draymond Green suspension in game 5 to win and Bogut out in games 6 and 7 to do so. I give him full credit to win, but even so let's not act like he went thru tough comp to do so. Curry had the best numbers all year.

mngopher35
06-27-2016, 01:35 AM
Curry had the best numbers by far in the season. Lebron got good numbers playing the east talent in the playoffs, not real competition until the finals and even then needed a Draymond Green suspension in game 5 to win and Bogut out in games 6 and 7 to do so. I give him full credit to win, but even so let's not act like he went thru tough comp to do so. Curry had the best numbers all year.

Lebron is at the point of his career where the regular season is not where he goes all out anymore. Come playoff time he was once again the best player. When Curry outplays Lebron in the playoffs then he will get the vote for best player, that is pretty much where most people are probably at. Have to give Curry credit for the regular season and if it had been close in the playoffs he would have an argument here but there is a reason this poll was a blowout. Lebron still has a better all around game and came up big once again in the finals (and playoffs as a whole). While this year it was GS who dealt with more issues than the Cavs it wasn't the same as last year with Kyrie/Love out and either way Lebron was the best player on the court both finals series.

If you want to vote based heavily on regular season that is your call but most will look to the playoffs to separate these two at this point.

Saddletramp
06-27-2016, 04:29 AM

No, you don't give him full credit for the win. You just brought up Green's suspension (which he earned because he's a piece of garbage) and Bogut's injury (hey! an injury mattered in the Finals? That's a first....plus, Bogut's never been Mr. Ironman). Also, in the other thread for #2 you said

He dominated when Draymond went out and then Bogut was out for the last 2 not before. Would be one thing if up when that happened, but only won due to those things.
So no, you didn't give Lebron "full credit".

JordansBulls went all JordansBulls again.

FlashBolt
06-27-2016, 11:38 AM
Lol @ JordanBulls.. Dude hates LeBron so much he doesn't even see the hypocrisy. It's LeBron here. Steph had the top stats but best player? Give me LeBron James. And just cause you don't play as well in the regular season, it doesn't mean you aren't better. It was a lackluster effort from LeBron the entire regular season. His defense was a dead giveaway that he didn't give a damn.

FlashBolt
06-27-2016, 11:38 AM
Kawhi #2 for me. At least he wont disappear when his shot isn't falling. If only the Spurs had the depth that the Warriors have.

He didn't step up vs OKC, though.

JordansBulls
06-27-2016, 05:52 PM
No, you don't give him full credit for the win. You just brought up Green's suspension (which he earned because he's a piece of garbage) and Bogut's injury (hey! an injury mattered in the Finals? That's a first....plus, Bogut's never been Mr. Ironman). Also, in the other thread for #2 you said

So no, you didn't give Lebron "full credit".

JordansBulls went all JordansBulls again.

He does get full credit for the win, but you can't say he didn't benefit because of those things. The win probably would not have happened had a guy not gotten suspended or there starting C wasn't out in games 6 and 7. Wasnt like it was the OKC vs GSW series where everyone was playing.

JordansBulls
06-27-2016, 05:53 PM
Lebron is at the point of his career where the regular season is not where he goes all out anymore. Come playoff time he was once again the best player. When Curry outplays Lebron in the playoffs then he will get the vote for best player, that is pretty much where most people are probably at. Have to give Curry credit for the regular season and if it had been close in the playoffs he would have an argument here but there is a reason this poll was a blowout. Lebron still has a better all around game and came up big once again in the finals (and playoffs as a whole). While this year it was GS who dealt with more issues than the Cavs it wasn't the same as last year with Kyrie/Love out and either way Lebron was the best player on the court both finals series.

If you want to vote based heavily on regular season that is your call but most will look to the playoffs to separate these two at this point.

He doesn't go all out in the season because the conference isn't that good. Playing out West he would have to go out full force just to even get HCA in round 1 with the likes of GSW, SAS, OKC, and LAC.

mngopher35
06-27-2016, 06:44 PM
He doesn't go all out in the season because the conference isn't that good. Playing out West he would have to go out full force just to even get HCA in round 1 with the likes of GSW, SAS, OKC, and LAC.

He would probably have to try a little harder in the regular season, sure. Either way the point is people want to see Curry match/exceed his level in the playoffs before calling him better probably (especially considering Lebrons all around game and time at the top). Lebron just had a fantastic post season after doing the same last year (with a depleted team).

Saddletramp
06-27-2016, 07:38 PM
He does get full credit for the win, but you can't say he didn't benefit because of those things. The win probably would not have happened had a guy not gotten suspended or there starting C wasn't out in games 6 and 7. Wasnt like it was the OKC vs GSW series where everyone was playing.

I dont think you know what "full credit" means.

Supreme LA
06-28-2016, 08:31 PM
Lol @ JordanBulls.. Dude hates LeBron so much he doesn't even see the hypocrisy. It's LeBron here. Steph had the top stats but best player? Give me LeBron James. And just cause you don't play as well in the regular season, it doesn't mean you aren't better. It was a lackluster effort from LeBron the entire regular season. His defense was a dead giveaway that he didn't give a damn.

Not that I don't agree with this but why has Kobe always been knocked by you guys for not playing defense in the regular season? Because he certainly showed up each postseason. It's funny how there's always a double standard with Kobe. All I ever hear is how Kobe was an overrated defender, but everyone knows when he put towards the effort he was able to lock anyone in the league up including the best PG's to which a lot of people say are unguardable even during the later stages of his career.

Anyways, back to the topic. I was on the Curry train this entire year because of the season he had but there's no denying Lebron anymore for me. It might have been closer had Curry not disappeared completely this postseason. Still, there isn't another player in the league that can do all the things Lebron can on both ends of the court.

FlashBolt
06-28-2016, 10:22 PM
Not that I don't agree with this but why has Kobe always been knocked by you guys for not playing defense in the regular season? Because he certainly showed up each postseason. It's funny how there's always a double standard with Kobe. All I ever hear is how Kobe was an overrated defender, but everyone knows when he put towards the effort he was able to lock anyone in the league up including the best PG's to which a lot of people say are unguardable even during the later stages of his career.

Anyways, back to the topic. I was on the Curry train this entire year because of the season he had but there's no denying Lebron anymore for me. It might have been closer had Curry not disappeared completely this postseason. Still, there isn't another player in the league that can do all the things Lebron can on both ends of the court.

There's a clear difference, though. LeBron wasn't winning all-nba defensive first place votes while Kobe was getting in it. Plus, LeBron defensively is better than Kobe ever was.

FlashBolt
06-28-2016, 10:24 PM

Depends. Are we giving him a roster that is as good as what Kawhi has? Or Durant? What if we take out Griffin and put LeBron in the Clippers? It's easy to say his conference is easier but his team also gets better naturally by being in the West.

FraziersKnicks
06-29-2016, 05:17 AM

This whole weak eastern conference thing was surely put to bed last season? The 6/7/8th seeds in the west wouldn't have made the playoffs in the east with their records and the 8th seed in the east would've been good for 5th in the west. Sure the west is top heavy with GSW/Spurs/Thunder but outside of that, the east was an overall better conference last season.

MagicBucsSox
06-29-2016, 06:38 AM

For one, let's stop talking as if Draymond didn't get himself suspended. And 2ndly so we're taking away fromLebron bc Draymond missed a game, Bogur was out ........... But we credit the Warriors for beating the Cavs without Love n Kyrie?

Do we take away from Kobe that the Magic stripped their chemistry forcing an injured Jameer Nelson to play? Or that Kendrick Perkins missed game 7?

ManRam
06-29-2016, 10:16 AM

Your argument would work a lot better if the Spurs didn't exist. The Spurs rest and coast more than the Cavs even.

And honestly, who cares? He's logging unrivaled amounts of playing time. His health tool is one of his greatest tools. If he wants to "coast" to the tune of 25-7-7 so be it. His durability is unrivaled.

Yankeefan213
06-29-2016, 10:30 AM
I know this is not the point of this thread, but I'm bored at work and going to list my top 30 players in order, off the top of my head, so I may miss an obvious name, but here goes:
1. LeBron James
2. Steph Curry
3. Kevin Durant
4. Kawhi Leonard
5. Russ Westbrook
6. Anthony Davis
7. Paul George
8. Chris Paul
9. Demarcus Cousins
10. Damian Lillard
11. Klay Thompson
12. Jimmy Butler
13. James Harden
14. Blake Griffin
15. Draymond Green
16. Kyrie Irving
17. Lamarcus Aldridge
18. Dwyane Wade
19. Carmelo Anthony
20. Demar Derozan
21. John Wall
22. Dirk Nowitzki
23. Andre Drummond
24. Kemba Walker
25. Andrew Wiggins
26. Kyle Lowry
27. Paul Millsap
28. Isiah Thomas
29. Marc Gasol
30. Karl-Anthony Towns

Some names I thought about/would be in my next tier: Reggie Jackson, Pau Gasol, Hasaan Whiteside, Chris Bosh(don't know if he will play again, otherwise he easily makes the list), Kevin love

FlashBolt
06-29-2016, 12:24 PM
I know this is not the point of this thread, but I'm bored at work and going to list my top 30 players in order, off the top of my head, so I may miss an obvious name, but here goes:
1. LeBron James
2. Steph Curry
3. Kevin Durant
4. Kawhi Leonard
5. Russ Westbrook
6. Anthony Davis
7. Paul George
8. Chris Paul
9. Demarcus Cousins
10. Damian Lillard
11. Klay Thompson
12. Jimmy Butler
13. James Harden
14. Blake Griffin
15. Draymond Green
16. Kyrie Irving
17. Lamarcus Aldridge
18. Dwyane Wade
19. Carmelo Anthony
20. Demar Derozan
21. John Wall
22. Dirk Nowitzki
23. Andre Drummond
24. Kemba Walker
25. Andrew Wiggins
26. Kyle Lowry
27. Paul Millsap
28. Isiah Thomas
29. Marc Gasol
30. Karl-Anthony Towns

Some names I thought about/would be in my next tier: Reggie Jackson, Pau Gasol, Hasaan Whiteside, Chris Bosh(don't know if he will play again, otherwise he easily makes the list), Kevin love

Draymond Green being that low on the list is just disrespectful.

Yankeefan213
06-29-2016, 12:50 PM
Draymond Green being that low on the list is just disrespectful.

Who ahead of him is he better than? You could argue he should be flipped with Blake, but other than that, I do not think he's a better player than the other guys ahead of him

FlashBolt
06-29-2016, 01:50 PM
Who ahead of him is he better than? You could argue he should be flipped with Blake, but other than that, I do not think he's a better player than the other guys ahead of him

He's better than Klay.. that much is and should be obvious.

Yankeefan213
06-29-2016, 02:23 PM
He's better than Klay.. that much is and should be obvious.
Tough to argue between the two of them IMO. Completely different players. But either way draymond is in the 10-15 range, I don't see a way he cracks the top 10

FlashBolt
06-29-2016, 02:32 PM
Tough to argue between the two of them IMO. Completely different players. But either way draymond is in the 10-15 range, I don't see a way he cracks the top 10

I do. 2nd in DPOY, should have won it last year. Has a case to be the most versatile defender. Great playmaker, makes the correct plays, can shoot threes, can run the paint, their toughest player. I don't see how Klay is even close to being the player Draymond is. Take Draymond out of the Warriors and you'll see a completely different team. They wouldn't be able to play small anymore at all. And Damian Lillard is in no way a top ten player.

Yankeefan213
06-29-2016, 02:47 PM
I do. 2nd in DPOY, should have won it last year. Has a case to be the most versatile defender. Great playmaker, makes the correct plays, can shoot threes, can run the paint, their toughest player. I don't see how Klay is even close to being the player Draymond is. Take Draymond out of the Warriors and you'll see a completely different team. They wouldn't be able to play small anymore at all. And Damian Lillard is in no way a top ten player.

Lillard led his team to the playoffs after losing every single guy who started with him the season before. He's at least close to top 10 for sure.

Draymond would have nowhere near the assist numbers he has without Klay and Curry. Klay moves without the ball arguably better than anyone in the NBA. And what are you gonna try and say Klay doesn't play defense? Guards the opponents best wing player and is quick enough to guard point guards. Did a great job on Kyrie in the finals and even when he switched on to LeBron he made things difficult for him. And Why do you think draymond can shoot threes? Cause he's wide open due to the defense worrying about Klay and Steph. I'm not saying draymond is garbage by any means, the dude can ball, but Curry and Klay are big parts of why he is so good. He's literally in a perfect situation for his skill set

FlashBolt
06-29-2016, 02:57 PM
Lillard led his team to the playoffs after losing every single guy who started with him the season before. He's at least close to top 10 for sure.

Draymond would have nowhere near the assist numbers he has without Klay and Curry. Klay moves without the ball arguably better than anyone in the NBA. And what are you gonna try and say Klay doesn't play defense? Guards the opponents best wing player and is quick enough to guard point guards. Did a great job on Kyrie in the finals and even when he switched on to LeBron he made things difficult for him. And Why do you think draymond can shoot threes? Cause he's wide open due to the defense worrying about Klay and Steph. I'm not saying draymond is garbage by any means, the dude can ball, but Curry and Klay are big parts of why he is so good. He's literally in a perfect situation for his skill set

Lillard did lead his team to the playoffs but realistically, what did the Blazers really lose? LaMarcus? We saw CJ step up and become a valuable player for the Blazers. Their roster changed but the production level was still there in part because players stepped up; not just Lillard. Lillard's numbers statistically is actually just higher because he has the ball more and a much higher USG% rate. A 5-6% increase.

1) Draymond is the most important player on the Warriors. You will find very few who disagree.
2) Draymond is the anchor in their defense. Klay guarding the opponents best wing player? Pretty sure Iggy was guarding LeBron, no? And who was guarding KD? Sure wasn't Klay. Klay's a good defender but he's probably their fourth best behind Bogut, Green, and Iggy.
3) No, Klay did not make things difficult on LeBron. Sorry, I don't know what you were watching. Are you just saying that in hopes that I didn't watch the Finals? Every time Klay was on LeBron, he drove to the basket. If Klay did a great job on LeBron, it's probably because Klay had help. He doesn't have the quickness, athleticism, and power to defend LeBron.
4) And how do you think Klay/Curry get open threes? You think they're wide open because players are just letting them shoot? Green's p&r and ability to set picks along with Bogut gives Warriors so much space to shoot. Green's ability to attack the basket and pass it is underrated. It's not as good as LeBron's but it's a huge boost for the Warriors offense when he gets things rolling. If anything, Klay is the one with the best situation on this team. You put Green on the Cavs and he would be just as impactful. Klay without Green? You'll be seeing a different type of role.

Yankeefan213
06-29-2016, 04:10 PM
Lillard did lead his team to the playoffs but realistically, what did the Blazers really lose? LaMarcus? We saw CJ step up and become a valuable player for the Blazers. Their roster changed but the production level was still there in part because players stepped up; not just Lillard. Lillard's numbers statistically is actually just higher because he has the ball more and a much higher USG% rate. A 5-6% increase.

1) Draymond is the most important player on the Warriors. You will find very few who disagree.
2) Draymond is the anchor in their defense. Klay guarding the opponents best wing player? Pretty sure Iggy was guarding LeBron, no? And who was guarding KD? Sure wasn't Klay. Klay's a good defender but he's probably their fourth best behind Bogut, Green, and Iggy.
3) No, Klay did not make things difficult on LeBron. Sorry, I don't know what you were watching. Are you just saying that in hopes that I didn't watch the Finals? Every time Klay was on LeBron, he drove to the basket. If Klay did a great job on LeBron, it's probably because Klay had help. He doesn't have the quickness, athleticism, and power to defend LeBron.
4) And how do you think Klay/Curry get open threes? You think they're wide open because players are just letting them shoot? Green's p&r and ability to set picks along with Bogut gives Warriors so much space to shoot. Green's ability to attack the basket and pass it is underrated. It's not as good as LeBron's but it's a huge boost for the Warriors offense when he gets things rolling. If anything, Klay is the one with the best situation on this team. You put Green on the Cavs and he would be just as impactful. Klay without Green? You'll be seeing a different type of role.

Klay actually was able to stay in front of LeBron for the most part from what I saw. And Iggy doesn't even start so he can't be on 'Bron the whole game. When Iggy was on LeBron, who's guarding Kyrie? Not Draymond. Kyrie made some ridiculous shots that series when defended well by Klay, Klay is quicker than people think. And Klay doesn't even always have open looks. He gets into a zone at times and makes everything he throws up. He also gets open looks because he's the best in the game at coming off screens without the ball. Not denying draymonds vision and ability to make the passes, but Klay gets himself open a lot of the times.

And take Lillard off the Blazers they're easily a lottery team no doubt about it. There's a reason his usage % is high. He's their best player and it's not even close

FlashBolt
06-29-2016, 04:29 PM
Klay actually was able to stay in front of LeBron for the most part from what I saw. And Iggy doesn't even start so he can't be on 'Bron the whole game. When Iggy was on LeBron, who's guarding Kyrie? Not Draymond. Kyrie made some ridiculous shots that series when defended well by Klay, Klay is quicker than people think. And Klay doesn't even always have open looks. He gets into a zone at times and makes everything he throws up. He also gets open looks because he's the best in the game at coming off screens without the ball. Not denying draymonds vision and ability to make the passes, but Klay gets himself open a lot of the times.

And take Lillard off the Blazers they're easily a lottery team no doubt about it. There's a reason his usage % is high. He's their best player and it's not even close

It was Barnes dude.. Harrison Barnes. So I'm not sure what you watched but Klay failed at guarding LeBron. There is no ifs and buts about that.

Who was guarding Kyrie? Klay was. And who light him up every time? Kyrie.

And Klay doesn't always have open looks? He looked pretty bad when he didn't. Bogut's sneaky picks really let him get open and you saw the difference when in the playoffs, it was limited. Klay isn't a great ballhandler or playmaker. When he has the ball, you already know he's either going to pass or shoot it. If he's not open, he's passing it. If he is, he'll shoot it. It's very simple, actually. And do you know why Klay gets open shots? Same reason you said Green gets them. It's not fair to say Green gets easy shots but not say Klay gets the same ones because of Green.

Take Lillard off the Blazers, they're easily a lottery team. Yeah, I agree. Why stop there, though? Take Harden off the Rockets and they would be a lottery team, too. But the West wasn't as good as you think they are. Outside of the Warriors/Spurs/OKC, West was all for grabs. Actually, Blazers record puts them at the 8th spot in the East. Think about that.. and that's only because they win the tie-breaker against Detroit. If not, they wouldn't even make the Eastern Conference playoffs. Secondly, okay, Lillard is top ten because they would be a lottery team if not for him. Let's say I do agree with that. Why do you have Cousins in your top ten when the Kings are a lottery team?