PDA

View Full Version : Who won the draft?

HandsOnTheWheel
06-24-2016, 03:21 AM
I missed most of it, who do you think made the biggest improvement thru the draft?

HandsOnTheWheel
06-24-2016, 03:26 AM
Also who had the worst draft?

eso
06-24-2016, 04:24 AM
Philli and LA obviously, but they also both did extremely well with there late picks... Boston really stunk this one up and Milwaukee went full ****** with Thon at 10..

GoferKing_
06-24-2016, 05:06 AM
LA and 76ers. Kings did *** it up....

More-Than-Most
06-24-2016, 05:26 AM
Philly/La/Wolves/Suns.

mgjohnson7851
06-24-2016, 05:47 AM
Don't know but I'm really happy with what the Nuggets did. For the second year in a row they got a player they really wanted (who wasn't expected to be there) at pick 7.

We needed a 2 guard that can shoot and that's exactly what we got. I'm so excited to see the Mudiay/Murray combo. Fantastic potential in the back court with more fantastic potential in the front court.

Now we just need to get rid of Faried, and use our projected $30M in FA, and the Nuggets will be set to take off.

Heediot
06-24-2016, 06:29 AM
76ers.

Simmons was a no brainer. But those Euro wings will be key rotation players in the future especially Luwawu.

CELTICS4LYFE
06-24-2016, 07:05 AM
Wolves. They are going to be a scary young team. Dunn/Levine/Wiggins/Towns

warfelg
06-24-2016, 07:48 AM
Hard to not say my sixers. Got Simmons. Two steals on sliders in Luwawu and Korkmaz. And didn't make a stupid overpriced trade.

FraziersKnicks
06-24-2016, 08:20 AM
I need to see what other moves the Sixers make the rest of the offseason before I crown this a successful draft for them.

They got the best player in the draft which is great, but they now have 4 young bigs, all in need of major playing time and none who can shoot.

If they had managed to get the #3 for Okafor/Noel and the late first round picks and then taken Dunn, I would say that was a great draft for them.

What do Sixers fans think they're gonna do next? Embiid doesn't really have much value at the moment so there's no point in trading him (we also have no idea what he can offer).

To me it looks like the Sixers have a group of very young talented players but it doesn't resemble any makings of a team.

Who are their starting guards going into the season right now?

I think the T'Wolves had the best draft. Getting Dunn at #5 was huge for them. They now have 3 young studs who are all plus defensively in Dunn/Wiggins/Towns and one of the best defensive coaches taking over control of that team.

I think they need to pursue Ryan Anderson very hard this offseason to give them some range at the 4 and they would look really good.

Dunn
LaVine
Wiggins
Anderson
Towns

With Muhammad, Dieng and whatever they can get for Rubio on the bench. That team is shaping up really nicely.

eDush
06-24-2016, 08:27 AM
Lakers won cause they drafted a steal in Zubac. Can't believe the Warriors took Jones with Zabac still on the board.
:mad:

koldjerky
06-24-2016, 08:46 AM
I need to see what other moves the Sixers make the rest of the offseason before I crown this a successful draft for them.

They got the best player in the draft which is great, but they now have 4 young bigs, all in need of major playing time and none who can shoot.

If they had managed to get the #3 for Okafor/Noel and the late first round picks and then taken Dunn, I would say that was a great draft for them.

What do Sixers fans think they're gonna do next? Embiid doesn't really have much value at the moment so there's no point in trading him (we also have no idea what he can offer).

To me it looks like the Sixers have a group of very young talented players but it doesn't resemble any makings of a team.

Who are their starting guards going into the season right now?

I think the T'Wolves had the best draft. Getting Dunn at #5 was huge for them. They now have 3 young studs who are all plus defensively in Dunn/Wiggins/Towns and one of the best defensive coaches taking over control of that team.

I think they need to pursue Ryan Anderson very hard this offseason to give them some range at the 4 and they would look really good.

Dunn
LaVine
Wiggins
Anderson
Towns

With Muhammad, Dieng and whatever they can get for Rubio on the bench. That team is shaping up really nicely.

I'm actually not sure if Saric is going to come over this year now. I could see the Sixers being ok with going with Noel, Okafor, Embiid at the 4/5 rotation this season with Okafor/Noel being traded at the deadline.

I could also see in a couple days when FA starts teams re-evaluating who they drafted and wondering if they'll trade with the Sixers for Okafor/Noel still. Could include a future first as well.

Basically I still see Okafor/Noel being traded by the trade deadline next season.

ewing
06-24-2016, 09:21 AM
Hard to not say my sixers. Got Simmons. Two steals on sliders in Luwawu and Korkmaz. And didn't make a stupid overpriced trade.

Have you ever seen either Euro play?

ciaban
06-24-2016, 09:26 AM
Lakers won cause they drafted a steal in Zubac. Can't believe the Warriors took Jones with Zabac still on the board.
They're two biggest needs were SF and C, and they went and filled it, Zubac was getting some mid first, and general late teen grades, but feel because he doesn't want to get stashed in Europe.
Even if he dosen't start at C this year, he'll get his min. In rotation as a #4-#5
I think they should go hard after Jokim Noah, have him mentor Zubac and Randal. Go higher on the salary to keep the contract short.

warfelg
06-24-2016, 09:30 AM
Have you ever seen either Euro play?

Yes. I've been watching as much of them as I could since about January. Luwawu is very good and has a high level 3-n-D ability. He could end up a Theblo Sefalosha or Bruce Bowen type player. Korkmaz is interesting. Needs to add some size, but he is young. One of the few guys ever to be in the 3-or contest and the dunk contest. Long arms, but will likely develop into a bench scorer. A poor mans non-starting quality Manu Ginobli.

Wade n Fade
06-24-2016, 09:37 AM
Not Boston. Minny got the best PG prospect in this class at the #5 pick. LA took the best player in this class at #2. OKC is the biggest winner by trading Ibaka, picking up a Marc Gasol like prospect, one of the better two way guards in the league, and getting Illaysova for the bench.

Alayla
06-24-2016, 09:40 AM
Everything I am hearing says the 76ers intend to keep Okafor. Noel is the better fit with Simmons and my preference of the 2 so I honestly can't understand why this issue is bound to come back up later.

Alayla
06-24-2016, 09:42 AM
The Suns won the draft in my book would have even moreso had they intended to keep skal
Thunder also came up massive winners
Sixers stood pat and didn't do anything stupid making the best of a bad situation so that's nice as well.

Htownballa1622
06-24-2016, 09:48 AM
I just came here to ask...WHAT THE HECK is Boston doing?

I thought that 3rd pick was like "gold" to them. I said before that they were overvaluing a 3rd pick in a meh draft(in terms of star power).

They still need a star guy. Until then, they'll always just be a team with good potential.

Bron > Kobe
06-24-2016, 10:00 AM
Clevelands pick was REAL good and under the radar. I think Felder is going to be special backing up Kyrie. Lakers and Philly had the best overall drafts though. The edge imo goes to the Lakers simply because with less picks, they got EXACTLY what they needed and picked extremely well.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

BKLYNpigeon
06-24-2016, 10:16 AM
of course someone made this thread. lol

post this question in a year.

FlashBolt
06-24-2016, 10:16 AM
Clevelands pick was REAL good and under the radar. I think Felder is going to be special backing up Kyrie. Lakers and Philly had the best overall drafts though. The edge imo goes to the Lakers simply because with less picks, they got EXACTLY what they needed and picked extremely well.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

This. Their backcourt is going to be a huge problem for guys to defend. How Felder fell that low is pretty laughable. He's an easy scorer off the bench and pesty defender. He's a better version of Nate, tbh.

ewing
06-24-2016, 10:21 AM
Yes. I've been watching as much of them as I could since about January. Luwawu is very good and has a high level 3-n-D ability. He could end up a Theblo Sefalosha or Bruce Bowen type player. Korkmaz is interesting. Needs to add some size, but he is young. One of the few guys ever to be in the 3-or contest and the dunk contest. Long arms, but will likely develop into a bench scorer. A poor mans non-starting quality Manu Ginobli.

Cool. i hate when people have opinions on Euros they have never seen. Like when we drafted KP, 99% of the fan base should have been like i have no idea hopefully he is good

ewing
06-24-2016, 10:23 AM

yeah it only fun to discuss them after they happen. like when you can just look the answer up on the internet.

BKLYNpigeon
06-24-2016, 10:45 AM
Kings are clearly Losers.

Why do you trade back? They worked so hard to suck for the 8th pick.

This is not the NFL where you need to fill a 55 man roster. You just have 15. You need stars in this league!

Should have just kept Marquiss Chriss. He's born and raised from Sacramento! That team needs some buzz with the new arena Next season.

tp13baby
06-24-2016, 10:51 AM
This. Their backcourt is going to be a huge problem for guys to defend. How Felder fell that low is pretty laughable. He's an easy scorer off the bench and pesty defender. He's a better version of Nate, tbh.

I like Felder and hope he does great. The dude won't survive unless he improves his foot speed. He isn't agile for a guard with no size. You can easily shoot over him, and post ups will be an automatic score.

FlashBolt
06-24-2016, 11:06 AM
I like Felder and hope he does great. The dude won't survive unless he improves his foot speed. He isn't agile for a guard with no size. You can easily shoot over him, and post ups will be an automatic score.

He's got great handles, explosiveness, very good passer, and can shoot. Great off the bench scorer. Nate Robinson was agile and short as well. He's a more refined version.

Miltstar
06-24-2016, 11:42 AM

I think OKC comes out a clear winner, and we won't have to wait and see with that. The 2 Spot was their biggest weakness last year, I think with Dipo they will be the team to beat. Kanter can plug right into Ibaka's spot and Sabonis can plug right into Kanter's spot. Great trade for them!

I think the Timberwolves are winners by having a top 3 talent at a position of need fall to them at 5, if you weren't excited about them as a young and coming team you gotta be now! If they can add a key vet (Butler??) without giving up the big 3 (Dunn/Towns/Wiggins) they could be a scary team sooner rather than later.

As far as losers

That's harder to judge, a lot of my Raptor fans are disappointed because none of the top 8 fell to us. Poeltl looks like a decent prospect but he looks to me like a 5 and we need a 4. I think a lot of people are upset we passed on Davis twice as well but seeing as almost everyone passed on him I'm guessing a red flag must have been thrown up somewhere behind the scenes.

The Bucks took a huge gamble on Maker but it could pay off, he certainly will have his growing pains but he could pay off in the long run. I know Biyombo's attitude coming from Africa was that he could not fail because his family needed the money soo badly. I don't know about Maker's roots but he could have the same attitude

MagicBucsSox
06-24-2016, 11:46 AM
The thunder won the draft

BKLYNpigeon
06-24-2016, 12:13 PM
Not Boston. Minny got the best PG prospect in this class at the #5 pick. LA took the best player in this class at #2. OKC is the biggest winner by trading Ibaka, picking up a Marc Gasol like prospect, one of the better two way guards in the league, and getting Illaysova for the bench.

Lol, Because everyone said Dunn should be the #3 Pick?

Celtics don't need another Defensive minded PG. If you guys didn't know, Going into the season, Jalen Brown was the top 2 pick. He played on a crappy Cal team and didn't much exposure. Personally, I think he could be an Allstar in the NBA.

Gibby23
06-24-2016, 12:17 PM
Lol, Because everyone said Dunn should be the #3 Pick?

Celtics don't need another Defensive minded PG. If you guys didn't know, Going into the season, Jalen Brown was the top 2 pick. He played on a crappy Cal team and didn't much exposure. Personally, I think he could be an Allstar in the NBA.

His play and numbers had a lot to do with people cooling on him. can't shoot and is a turnover machine.

mrblisterdundee
06-24-2016, 01:37 PM
LA and 76ers. Kings did *** it up....

I don't know if the Kings are totally screwing it up, or admitting that they need to move on from DeMarcus Cousins. He's obviously not staying there long-term. The acrimony is too palpable.

ewing
06-24-2016, 01:39 PM
palpable acrimony is the name of my new band

PhillyFaninLA
06-24-2016, 01:47 PM
I don't know if the Kings are totally screwing it up, or admitting that they need to move on from DeMarcus Cousins. He's obviously not staying there long-term. The acrimony is too palpable.

What do you (or anyone else on the site think) of Cousins for Blake? Straight up might be an interesting move for 2 guys that need a change of scenery

ManRam
06-24-2016, 01:49 PM
Draft grades are an utter waste of time. No one, not even those whose job it is to study the draft, know nearly enough to speak in absolutes about this stuff.

But, there is good reason I think to be encouraged by what Phoenix, Philly, Memphis and Denver did.

Gibby23
06-24-2016, 01:58 PM
What do you (or anyone else on the site think) of Cousins for Blake? Straight up might be an interesting move for 2 guys that need a change of scenery

Blake is a Free Agent after this year, he wouldn't stick around in Sacramento.

mrblisterdundee
06-24-2016, 02:08 PM

I think the Kings are better off trying to trade DeMarcus Cousins to Boston for Amir Johnson and Marcus Smart, along with either Jaylen Brown and Guerschon Yabusele, or maybe one of those guys and a future lottery pick.
Cousins is the kind of alpha who can push Boston to the next level. And I think he'll behave better in a winning organization, instead of screwed-up Sacramento. Hopefully the Kings can take all those assets and actually create a workable, two-way roster.

Aust
06-24-2016, 02:28 PM
Suns got Bender and Chriss. Huge winners IMO.

tp13baby
06-24-2016, 02:44 PM
I think the Kings are better off trying to trade DeMarcus Cousins to Boston for Amir Johnson and Marcus Smart, along with either Jaylen Brown and Guerschon Yabusele, or maybe one of those guys and a future lottery pick.
Cousins is the kind of alpha who can push Boston to the next level. And I think he'll behave better in a winning organization, instead of screwed-up Sacramento. Hopefully the Kings can take all those assets and actually create a workable, two-way roster.

I think Denver and Boston will be in on him. Both have the assets to acquire him.

tp13baby
06-24-2016, 02:50 PM
He's got great handles, explosiveness, very good passer, and can shoot. Great off the bench scorer. Nate Robinson was agile and short as well. He's a more refined version.

Felder isn't agile though. One of the worst in lane agility out of ALL positions and he struggled during the scrimmage. He isn't a good defender. Being 5'9 isnt going to stop you front being picked first round probs if you got it all.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-24-2016, 03:00 PM
Guess it's easy to say Sixers/Lakers lol.

eDush
06-24-2016, 04:55 PM
I know my Warriors lost the draft cause we didn't draft the next Bogut in Zubac but drafted the next Fes who is still recovering from his injury. I doubt he would even be as good as Fes so I am somewhat disappointed in my Dubs.

Dade County
06-24-2016, 06:57 PM
Wolves. They are going to be a scary young team. Dunn/Levine/Wiggins/Towns

I see a little young Wade in Dunn.

shep33
06-24-2016, 07:13 PM
The Kings messed this up big time.

Suns, Wolves, Lakers, and Sixers... oh and Nuggets were big winners in my opinion

FlashBolt
06-24-2016, 07:29 PM
Felder isn't agile though. One of the worst in lane agility out of ALL positions and he struggled during the scrimmage. He isn't a good defender. Being 5'9 isnt going to stop you front being picked first round probs if you got it all.

He's not agile? Lol, you're talking about someone else. He can get around most players alone with just his handles.

numba1CHANGsta
06-24-2016, 07:48 PM
Basically everyone who had the top 5 picks did well except for BOS, they were the real losers of this draft.

McAllen Tx
06-24-2016, 10:09 PM
I like what my Lakers did. Ingram a no brainer, the Croatian kid (Zubak?) looks good in highlights. But even I can make even Darko look like an all pro with edited video. But he was rated about 10 spots higher so I like the pick.

Philly looks good but also have foreign players that time will tell how good of a draft they had.

Phoenix looks good but again depends on Bender (another overseas player)

IMO from where they drafted I like what both SA & GS did.

I think KP last year had an effect on this draft. How quickly GM forget the dozens of busts from overseas.

Bostonjorge
06-26-2016, 05:46 PM
Philly won this draft. If they tank once again with all these players and Simmons leading the way then the NBA should punish them by taking away next years 1st rd pick.

Teeboy1487
06-26-2016, 07:10 PM
In the interest of objectivity, I will not mention the Lakers.

Winners:

-Philly had a really good draft. It's amazing how good they draft once they have a competent front office. However, I thought Sam Hinkie was brilliant at acquiring picks. The Simmons pick was the obvious choice but I had no idea they would have a shot at Luwawu. He is an excellent 3 and D prospect and would complement Simmons perfectly. The guy out of Turkey was a solid pick as well. He kind of reminds me of Hezonja without the athleticism. Now, they have to trade Okafor and Noel. If I were them, I would focus on acquiring future picks for them at this point.

-By drafting Dunn, Minnesota has added the best PG prospect in this draft to an already impressive young core. I expect them to be at the very least become playoff contenders in a couple of years if not sooner. Their core has so much potential together, it's crazy and scary at the same time. With Thibs at the helm, watch out for Minnesota.

-I was impressed with the Suns as well. I love their front court with draft Chriss and Bender to go along with Booker. Drafting Tyler Ulis was awesome too and I know Booker loved that pick. It will take some time but they have quickly developed one of the best young cores in the league.

-Spurs got a steal in Dejounte Murray. He is in the right organization and could become a very good player along side Leonard and Aldridge. Very underrated pick for the Spurs. They need athleticism badly.

-Denver also had an awesome draft. I loved the Jamal Murray pick and Juan Hernagomez. However, I did not think they should have drafted Malik Beasly. Luwawu should have been the pick imo.

Losers:

-Boston should have had a better draft considering the picks they had. I thought they had an average draft. I guess it's not there fault consiering the class but the Sixers found a way. Just sayin'.

-Milwaukee reached on Thon Maker. He is years away from contributing in the NBA. Honestly, Maker should have went to college. He does have potential I guess.

Jeffy25
06-26-2016, 08:27 PM
I'm not a huge Simmons fan....maybe I suck, but I don't think he is going to translate great in the NBA outside of being a good post passer. I just don't love the guy

flea
06-26-2016, 11:42 PM
I can only really talk about guys I saw so I'll do that instead of teams.

Simmons: don't see how you could say Sixers are a winner just for picking him unless you love that Euro wing. I don't know anything about the Euro but I'd be skeptical of any Euro wing translating unless they are athletic. Simmons might be good, I doubt he'll be great. Before the season I was sold a Scottie Pippen but bigger - what I got was Lamar Odom but smaller and without jumper. He fits into the current NBA but I have trouble seeing him become a dominant defender, scorer, rebounder, or passer. He'll probably score enough to make people think he's better than he is, but I don't see Magic's passing or Lebron's slashing and all-around game at all. Lamar Odom at his peak would be the ceiling I'd guess.

Ingram: If you call the Sixers winners for taking Simmons and some Euros then I don't see how you can't call the Lakers winners too. They took the no brainer, and I think Ingram will end up a better scorer and defender than Simmons. He's got questions himself but he looked really good creating his shot inside at times, and he has a nice (if sometimes overrated) jumper. Quick and long he's got a high floor and I think he might have a higher ceiling than Simmons with his 2-way ability.

Dunn: didn't watch much but I don't really get why he's been obsessed over. Usually NBA scouts dump on 4 year college players high in the lottery. He's a safe pick because he can do a lot of stuff (except shoot) and he's big/athletic but I don't see a Westbrook. I see a floor of a good role player and a ceiling of a poor man's Jason Kidd. He's got a long way to go before he's an NBA lead guard though, and he'll never have Kidd's IQ (which is what made him so special).

Hield: impressed me in the tournament, I still think he's a good college player and solid NBA role player at best though. I admit I don't know a ton about his slashing or defensive abilities but I think believing he's the next Curry is just wrong. I hope he's great and I'm wrong because he plays for NO but we'll see.

Murray: this is the shooter I'm high on. He's got guts and is a lot more than just a marksman - though he is plenty of that. He's an underrated slasher and makes good decisions with the ball. He impressed me with his tenacity too, I think he's a guy that has enough skill and it'll play up because of his competitiveness. I'm not saying he's a star, but I wouldn't rule it out. Size and athleticism were knocks, but I think his floor is a scoring combo guard like Jamal Crawford and his ceiling is James Harden with a higher IQ and more competitiveness.

Valentine: another high IQ player. I don't really know what his role will be in the NBA but he can play. Just not sure that'll be enough if he's relegated to an off-ball wing role. The problem in the NBA is you need at least 3 of: athleticism, shooting, ballhandling, passing, finishing to stick as a starting NBA guard. Otherwise you better be either a 3 and D wing or find the perfect fit because you're bench fodder. Valentine only has maybe 2 of those for sure. If he can be an NBA caliber playmaker there's good upside by virtue of his all-around game. If not, he neither shoots nor defends well enough to be anything more than Greivis Vasquez.

Wade Baldwin: not impressive
Damion Jones: not impressive

Both Vandy guys underachieved, and they ended up costing a good head coach his job because of it. This was supposed to be the year Vandy did something (if not last year). Jones is just not impactful enough, undisciplined, has problems on the glass, and has a questionable IQ. He didn't play in a P&R offense so maybe he can carve out a role but honestly his strength is his post scoring - I have a hard time believing if he was some P&R dynamo that Vandy would have played better. Baldwin is just what he is - not capable of running an NBA offense and not big enough to be a wing. Maybe a solid backup PG - ceiling of George Hill.

Caris LeVert: sharp and smooth guard with a wing's size. He'll be good if he's healthy because he can score off the dribble and shoot. He's also a fine passer, though you have to take some of that with a grain of salt in a Beilein offense. He's not great at shooting or ballhandling and he needs more strength (and health) but he's a smoother Paul George if it breaks right. I enjoyed watching him as a college player.

Brice Johnson: definition of meh NBA role playing big. Yeah he scored a lot on a really good team his senior year, but he also didn't score a lot of mediocre teams before that. Yeah he's an athlete but he's not bulky or physical enough to make it count. Yeah he has great touch around the rim but he's also not extraordinarily polished as post scorer. Yeah you can see the things he can do your offensively with his athleticism and touch but defensively is a big question. 20 years ago he's probably an All-Star scoring big on a team that's anywhere from mediocre to good depending on the quality of his teammates' defense and guard play. Today he's what Ty Lawson would have been 20 years ago - a pleasant role player.

Labissiere: why the hell did he enter the draft? Intriguing skillset but he bombed his freshman year. He needs major development before you could call him a rotational big.

Paige: not good enough to be an NBA starter, maybe a 6th man if he accepts that role and makes himself into that.

Brogdon: love him, wish for the best. Maybe the smartest and most competitive in the draft - I'm surprised people kept taking Euros at the end of the 1st round instead of taking a chance on him. I want him on my team every day. It's hard to see him not at least contributing and I think he's got a huge chance to be Chandler Parsons/Draymond Green/Isaiah Thomas steal of this draft. I wish the Pelicans had gotten him.

Gibby23
06-26-2016, 11:46 PM
I'm not a huge Simmons fan....maybe I suck, but I don't think he is going to translate great in the NBA outside of being a good post passer. I just don't love the guy
This doesn't make sense. He is a great passer from all over not just the post. His driving ability is elite, and looks to be a really good rebounder and defender. Probably a jumpshot away from being a superstar type player and from what I have seen, his jumpshot looks a lot better.

flea
06-26-2016, 11:47 PM
Forgot Ulis, he can play. He'll be a starting NBA PG of some repute. Understands how to run an offense, has good touch, became a solid shooter, and even though he's small he's a feisty defender. I think teams will regret not taking him higher because of 2 or 3 inches in height. I think he'll be an All Star 3 or 4 times.

SeoulBeatz
06-27-2016, 12:29 PM
Sixers, Lakers, Minny, Phoenix, Denver come to mind. Excited to see all of these teams work back to respectability over the next few years.

I also don't hate Boston picking Jaylen Brown at #3. He was the #2 rated prospect last year, didn't quite live up to expectations in college but he has all the makings of a prototypical wing player. You can't question his work ethic and he has no character issues to speak of. The foundation is there, just needs to develop all that raw talent.

tredigs
06-27-2016, 02:23 PM
There's a thread on reddit with a guy who apparently (assuming it's not doctored) has video of Thon Maker's high-school graduation yearbook in Australia... from 2010. The thing is, if he did in fact graduate in 2010 and this video is real, why not look up some of the hundreds (if not thousands) of others in on facebook, etc and see if they can corroborate that he was in fact in his draft class. And also, why would this information just be coming out now? How have they not already spoke up about it? He's been a mixtape-phenom for more than a few years now.

Would suck for the Bucks fans if their organization got played here.

Aust
06-27-2016, 08:46 PM
There's a thread on reddit with a guy who apparently (assuming it's not doctored) has video of Thon Maker's high-school graduation yearbook in Australia... from 2010. The thing is, if he did in fact graduate in 2010 and this video is real, why not look up some of the hundreds (if not thousands) of others in on facebook, etc and see if they can corroborate that he was in fact in his draft class. And also, why would this information just be coming out now? How have they not already spoke up about it? He's been a mixtape-phenom for more than a few years now.

I posted this in the Thon thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/4q3bvy/research_into_thon_makers_age_probably_far_older/

tredigs
06-28-2016, 11:21 AM
I posted this in the Thon thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/4q3bvy/research_into_thon_makers_age_probably_far_older/
OK yeah, this is the reddit thread I'm referencing (and just noticed we have a Thon Age thread). So my question is, why are we not getting the names from this yearbook and facebooking his classmates (or better yet just contact the school itself... which I did not see the name of) asking if he was in fact there with them? It will take ~5 responses and this debate is 100% over one way or the other.

tp13baby
06-28-2016, 01:31 PM
He's not agile? Lol, you're talking about someone else. He can get around most players alone with just his handles.

That or he is that brutal on defense. Like I said, side to side movement agility. His lane agility drill he ranked in the bottom half of all positions. Watching him at the draft combine, offensively a stud. He guarded Trimble a lot, and Trimble looked like Westbrook. I watched Maryland a lot last year and I can surely tell you Trimble isn't by any means quick at all.

Didn't watch him a whole lot in college except for clips and but he is brutal defensively. Scouting reports talk about how little he cares on defense.

I like Felder, but I just saw so much of Ty Lawson on defense.

hugepatsfan
06-28-2016, 03:21 PM
Sixers, Lakers, Minny, Phoenix, Denver come to mind. Excited to see all of these teams work back to respectability over the next few years.

I also don't hate Boston picking Jaylen Brown at #3. He was the #2 rated prospect last year, didn't quite live up to expectations in college but he has all the makings of a prototypical wing player. You can't question his work ethic and he has no character issues to speak of. The foundation is there, just needs to develop all that raw talent.

I agree. I don't hate BOS picks. Dunn was my #1 choice at third overall but Brown was my 1A. I think Dunn I saw little more projectable but I love Brown's ceiling.

The only pick I didn't like for BOS was the French kid at #16. But looking at our roster heading into FA a stash guy makes the most sense anyway. And after reading up on him he has an intriguing skill set. Same with Zizic at #23, who wasn't a reach at all based on pre-draft projections. Most thought Skal/Davis would go before him but it's not like it was only BOS was low on them.

I'm fine with all the picks we made. I was looking forward to making a move with a trade though so that's the disappointing aspect for me.

Heediot
06-28-2016, 05:02 PM

It could of been his elementary school graduation. 5-6 years ago would make a lot of sense for Grade 8 graduation. That photo didn't have close ups of the students in the yearbook for me to tell if they were 18 or 13-14. And the pic of 3 older looking students singing could of been student from any school with dark blue uniforms just added to stir the pot, it would have been more convincing if he was in that pic with them with the same uni's. Weak evidence to me.

TheDish87
06-29-2016, 08:48 AM
That or he is that brutal on defense. Like I said, side to side movement agility. His lane agility drill he ranked in the bottom half of all positions. Watching him at the draft combine, offensively a stud. He guarded Trimble a lot, and Trimble looked like Westbrook. I watched Maryland a lot last year and I can surely tell you Trimble isn't by any means quick at all.

Didn't watch him a whole lot in college except for clips and but he is brutal defensively. Scouting reports talk about how little he cares on defense.

I like Felder, but I just saw so much of Ty Lawson on defense.

he carried such a massive offensive load at Oakland and had to stay out of foul trouble so i think that played a role in his D. Its hard anyway when youre all of 5'9 or 5'10 but he should improve and even if he doesnt he has the tools to become an elite bench scorer. There are plenty of guys who made a career of playing 0 defense with good offense

AllBall
06-30-2016, 10:12 AM
Pelicans quietly building an arsenal.

Oefarmy2005
06-30-2016, 12:41 PM
I see a little young Wade in Dunn.

Lol, I love the IKnowHoops quote. The guy is a religious Wolves fan now and I can't stand having him in our forum. He literally DOESNTKNOWHOOPS.