lamzoka
06-22-2016, 02:19 PM
George Hill going to the Jazz,

Jeff Teague heading to Indiana

Utah is sending the No. 12 pick in Thursday's Draft to Atlanta Woj

North Yorker
06-22-2016, 02:23 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 37s37 seconds ago
Sources: Utah is sending the No. 12 pick in Thursday's Draft to Atlanta as part of deal that sends George Hill to Utah, Teague to Indy.

Think Utah should have targeted a better PG thru trade

leprechaun5
06-22-2016, 02:23 PM
#12 going to Atlanta.

Aust
06-22-2016, 02:24 PM
Wow, so much for the Noel for Teague talk.

Aust
06-22-2016, 02:26 PM
Looks like a damn good trade by Indy

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 34s

Indiana has plans to work on signing Teague to a contract extension, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Wade n Fade
06-22-2016, 02:30 PM
Is Utah stupid? Why would you trade a lotto pick for George Hill, a mediocre two way PG?

lamzoka
06-22-2016, 02:32 PM
Looks like a damn good trade by Indy

I agree.
Utah traded the 12th pick in this draft for george hill and Indy traded George Hill for Jeff Teague. WOW

I guess ATL is ready to hand the team to Shrodder.

Atticus Finch
06-22-2016, 02:33 PM
Is Utah stupid? Why would you trade a lotto pick for George Hill, a mediocre two way PG?

I opened this thread hoping someone in here had some insight as to why Utah is doing it. A lottery pick for 1 year of a decent pg seems like a steep price to pay.

dhopisthename
The Jazz Had better get another significant piece as part of this deal or this is beyond stupid for the Jazz

FlashBolt
I like the trade for Utah. George Hill is a great two-way player. Mediocre is an overstatement.

R. Johnson#3
06-22-2016, 02:34 PM
Just what the Jazz need. Another guard.

Chronz
06-22-2016, 02:35 PM
Better deal for the Jazz

lamzoka
06-22-2016, 02:35 PM

This here makes no sense. I guess Utah is getting something else from the Pacers maybe a future pick.

No way indy gets Teague for George Hill alone

TheDish87
06-22-2016, 02:37 PM
I like the trade for Utah. George Hill is a great two-way player. Mediocre is an overstatement.

no saying hes great is a way bigger overstatement. Mediocre is exactly what Hill is

DR_1
06-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Love it for Indiana. Like it for Atlanta. Don't like it at all for Utah.

Teague-Ellis-George is very solid.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-22-2016, 02:44 PM
Well reports are that a lot of teams are not happy with the available players after 8. Maybe Utah worked out guys and decided they were not worth a roster spot

DR_1
06-22-2016, 02:45 PM
Well reports are that a lot of teams are not happy with the available players after 8. Maybe Utah worked out guys and decided they were not worth a roster spot

That's very possible but I still think taking a chance would have been better, I'm just not very high on Hill.

JWO35
06-22-2016, 02:49 PM
Don't you think Utah would've got a PG just as good (or the potential to be better) than George Hill with the 12th overall pick? :confused:

Wade n Fade
06-22-2016, 02:53 PM
I'll address the comments regarding mediocrity in one post:

Don't think Hill is "decent." Rather, he shows some inconsistent flashes at times. In the playoffs, especially vs Miami, there were times where he couldn't buy a shot. He is a two way player though. There many PGs ahead of him on the list:

CP3, Westbrook, Curry, Kyrie, Teague, Lowry, Conley, Parker, Isiah Thomas, Dragic, Knight (more of a SG in Phoenix), Rose, Kemba, Wall, Lillard, Rubio, Rondo, Jackson are PGs I think that are better than Hill. Then again, this league is at one of the best PG eras ever. The list is no particular order nevertheless as a disclaimer. San Antonio pulled off a major heist when it traded for Kawhi Leonard, a top tier SF in today's game.

As for Utah, I think Dante Exum was a great PG prospect even despite his major knee injury. Trey Burke offers more upside than Hill too. So maybe Indy is giving up Jordan Hill or Ian Mahimi in the deal? Idk why Utah wants another big either.

WaDe03
06-22-2016, 02:53 PM
This was random as hell. Was kind of hoping for a Dragic-Teague swap but oh well.

mngopher35
06-22-2016, 02:55 PM
I think Utah needs someone to help run that offense and they weren't getting that type of impact from the 12 pick (at least for a while). It might be considered and overpay but this draft isn't supposed to be that talented mostly role player and potential future starters down the road.

With Utah just missing the playoffs I think they see hill as that missing pg to get the bigs some good looks and help Gordon run the offense some (assuming here I didn't watch lots of their games).

Wade n Fade
06-22-2016, 02:56 PM
Don't you think Utah would've got a PG just as good (or the potential to be better) than George Hill with the 12th overall pick? :confused:

This draft class is crap, but if you're getting out of this draft, you have to get another pick or a major asset, neither of which I am seeing here for Utah from the details we are getting right now.

DR_1
06-22-2016, 02:56 PM
I'll address the comments regarding mediocrity in one post:

Don't think Hill is "decent." Rather, he shows some inconsistent flashes at times. In the playoffs, especially vs Miami, there were times where he couldn't buy a shot. He is a two way player though. There many PGs ahead of him on the list:

CP3, Westbrook, Curry, Kyrie, Teague, Lowry, Conley, Parker, Isiah Thomas, Dragic, Knight (more of a SG in Phoenix), Rose, Kemba, Wall, Lillard, Rubio, Rondo, Jackson are PGs I think that are better than Hill. Then again, this league is at one of the best PG eras ever. The list is no particular order nevertheless as a disclaimer. San Antonio pulled off a major heist when it traded for Kawhi Leonard, a top tier SF in today's game.

As for Utah, I think Dante Exum was a great PG prospect even despite his major knee injury. Trey Burke offers more upside than Hill too. So maybe Indy is giving up Jordan Hill or Ian Mahimi in the deal? Idk why Utah wants another big either.

I think Utah has to have another move in the works. This just doesn't make sense to me when taken at face value.

eDush
06-22-2016, 02:59 PM
GH is one of the smartest vet PG in the league who can get his teammates involved in complex schemes and plays decent defense as well for the Jazz to take the next level in making the post season this time around that a pick non lottery pick cannot do which is why Bird traded Kawhi Leonard for him or are you implying that Bird is an idiot? I hope not and think it's a good move for them and the Pacers who wants a impact scoring guard but not as hard nose as Hill imo. The Hawks don't need a PG by promoting Schroder who might be ready.

I know players and this is a win for all 3 teams in what they are trying to accomplish :nod:. You got ways to go in understanding team needs and goals.

Heediot
06-22-2016, 03:02 PM

They still have Exum who may breakthrough. He is a mystery for them. He was a top 5 pick for them, so they will give him as all the chance he can get to succeed.

eDush
06-22-2016, 03:07 PM

This draft class is crap, but if you're getting out of this draft, you have to get another pick or a major asset, neither of which I am seeing here for Utah from the details we are getting right now.
Considering you had referred the 12th pick as a lottery pick already show you don't know what you are talking about. They run a complex offense and haven't found a PG who can handle that post until now I think. And Exum can be more of a 2 guard or come off the bench to backup Hill. They will obviously trade Trey who failed to understand how to run an offense.

eDush
06-22-2016, 03:12 PM

They still have Exum who may breakthrough. He is a mystery for them. He was a top 5 pick for them, so they will give him as all the chance he can get to succeed.
He's a good shooter but needs experience like many of their backcourt players. Mack was okay as a stop gap. With a very good front court and a star in Heyward, it's time for them to get someone to run their offense now and not mess around, seriously!

:dance:

jerellh528
06-22-2016, 03:13 PM
Utah is trying to win now it seems, they have Hayward, favors, and Gobert. Hill would be a solid addition to that team. Plus they still have exum to groom behind him. I think it was a decent trade, hill is pretty solid in most the important aspects of the game, I think that's worth more to the Jazz than a mid first round talent at this point.
I think everyone wins this trade

Wade n Fade
06-22-2016, 03:15 PM
GH is one of the smartest vet PG in the league who can get his teammates involved in complex schemes and plays decent defense as well for the Jazz to take the next level in making the post season this time around that a pick non lottery pick cannot do which is why Bird traded Kawhi Leonard for him or are you implying that Bird is an idiot? I hope not and think it's a good move for them and the Pacers who wants a impact scoring guard but not as hard nose as Hill imo. The Hawks don't need a PG by promoting Schroder who might be ready.

I know players and this is a win for all 3 teams in what they are trying to accomplish :nod:. You got ways to go in understanding team needs and goals.

Just because Hill demonstrates "intelligence" doesn't mean he is a good PG. I named a bunch of guys better than him. I do think Larry Bird is overrated as GM. How do you say "I want to speed up our offense" and hire Nate McMillan, who's Blazers teams were slower than the league average? Why did he hold onto Danny Granger too long? Why did he trade for Evan Turner and Lavoy Allen?

lavell12
06-22-2016, 03:18 PM
Utah should have just traded the pick for Teague

eDush
06-22-2016, 03:18 PM
Utah is trying to win now it seems, they have Hayward, favors, and Gobert. Hill would be a solid addition to that team. Plus they still have exum to groom behind him. I think it was a decent trade, hill is pretty solid in most the important aspects of the game, I think that's worth more to the Jazz than a mid first round talent at this point.
I think everyone wins this trade

+1 Agreed :nod:. You understand the situation the Jazz is in :clap:.

greg_ory_2005
06-22-2016, 03:24 PM
I like the trade for all the teams. Teague>Hill for Indy. I like Dennis more than Teague for Hawks. And the Jazz have enough young players. A vet like Hill will definitely help them.

KingPosey
06-22-2016, 03:27 PM
My sources tell me Rose to NY is officially a done deal.

smith&wesson
06-22-2016, 03:31 PM
I like it for the pacers. . they desperately needed to get some help for George.

I wonder if they have more moves in the works because Teague alone is not enough help. Paul George is approaching top 5 territory and really needs some solid players around him..

smith&wesson
06-22-2016, 03:31 PM
My sources tell me Rose to NY is officially a done deal.

wrong thread...

eDush
06-22-2016, 03:35 PM
He's like under contract for one more season before he will get offered big $$$ maybe even close to max money considering the cap rise next year as oppose to this year. I can see why the Pacers want Teague cause he is from Indiana and they are bringing him back home :nod:. I also heard the Hawks don't trust him anymore but not sure on the circumstances behind and a change in scenery would be good for him like Lawson who is now a troubled free agent.

So why you think Utah should get Teague instead?

LA4life24/8
06-22-2016, 03:37 PM
Utah getting hosed... why not cut indy out and trade #12 for teague?!

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 03:40 PM
Utah getting hosed... why not cut indy out and trade #12 for teague?!

Most likely because George Hill fits better with them. Teague might be a bit better but he commands the ball more. George is a great off-ball player and all-around decent. Good move for Utah IMO.

eDush
06-22-2016, 03:47 PM
I like it for the pacers. . they desperately needed to get some help for George.

I wonder if they have more moves in the works because Teague alone is not enough help. Paul George is approaching top 5 territory and really needs some solid players around him..
Teague is an upgrade over Hill but it's about bringing him back home more than anything which is a common theme lately. Im confused on them not resigning Vogel but I think Bird knows more than I do on the coaching change and on his replacement. They are a resilient organization.

KingPosey
06-22-2016, 03:50 PM
wrong thread...

Eh, it doesn't matter.

JeffroIce
06-22-2016, 04:02 PM
Utah got owned in this trade. To give up a 12th pick. wow for what is one of the worst players in the NBA.

Atlanta got the best deal. Also they now have 35 minutes a game for Shroder. Who will average about 20 ppg next season so it is a win win for Atlanta.

Atlanta needs a post player and a shot blocker all in one player.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 04:03 PM
The 12th pick of this draft is a joke unless a miracle happens and Buddy/Ingram/Simmons fall to it.. it's meaningless if the overall draft isn't worth much.

numba1CHANGsta
06-22-2016, 04:07 PM
So what happens with Exum? All that hype for nothing lol

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 04:08 PM
So what happens with Exum? All that hype for nothing lol

And Lakers wanted him.. lol

IndyRealist
06-22-2016, 04:09 PM

This explains why Indy worked out Wade Baldwin but no other lottery picks. Utah must've offered the pick for Hill, and Indy didn't want the pick.

IndyRealist
06-22-2016, 04:18 PM
Teague scores more points. Hill does just about everything better. Utah is building a suffocating defense. Remember, Lowry credited Hill with drowning him in round 1. And with Hayward acting as point forward, Hill can play part time off ball, where he's most effective.

Teague needed a change of scenery, but even so he's wildly inconsistent from year to year. Hopefully he finds some stability in Indy. Indy's defense is going to suffer to get that tempo Bird wants.

Out of these three teams, the PGs next season will be Hill > Teague > Schroeder.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 04:20 PM
Teague scores more points. Hill does just about everything better. Utah is building a suffocating defense. Remember, Lowry credited Hill with drowning him in round 1. And with Hayward acting as point forward, Hill can play part time off ball, where he's most effective.

Teague needed a change of scenery, but even so he's wildly inconsistent from year to year. Hopefully he finds some stability in Indy. Indy's defense is going to suffer to get that tempo Bird wants.

Out of these three teams, the PGs next season will be Hill > Teague > Schroeder.

Teague never really wanted to be in Atlanta after talks of Schroeder took over. Different situation might turn it around for him.

kdspurman
06-22-2016, 04:20 PM

eDush
06-22-2016, 04:25 PM

This explains why Indy worked out Wade Baldwin but no other lottery picks. Utah must've offered the pick for Hill, and Indy didn't want the pick.
Right...it's about bringing home one of their very own even for one season and hope he will work out for a long term contract as oppose to signing the hurt and dysfunctional Lawson. They can't wait with PG window closing soon as non lottery picks are worthless to teams that need to reach the next level in the post season. It would be stupid for Indy to take that pick in a weak draft.

eDush
06-22-2016, 04:28 PM

Agreed. For Utah, it has to be Hill and i would of done the same trade if I was their GM and seeing their needs.

It's all about winning for them! :clap:.

kobe4thewinbang
06-22-2016, 04:28 PM
Dang...****'s blowing up already!

Seems Hawks got jack squat for Jeff Teague. I thought he was kind of good? Got a draft pick?

They love Schoeder that much, I guess. Looking to trade the pick they got for him now too?

:confused:

Chronz
06-22-2016, 04:31 PM
Teague, Parker, Thomas, Dragic, Knight, Rose, Rondo, Jackson are PGs I think that are better than Hill.

Not sold on these being better. More importantly its about fit. The Jazz have been grooming Hayward for 2 years now to be the kind of point-foward they need and George Hill is used to playing in multiple systems where hes primarily off the ball. Those other guys would struggle on both ends with this Jazz team that badly needs spacing and defense at the 1.

TheDish87
06-22-2016, 04:36 PM
Right...it's about bringing home one of their very own even for one season and hope he will work out for a long term contract as oppose to signing the hurt and dysfunctional Lawson. They can't wait with PG window closing soon as non lottery picks are worthless to teams that need to reach the next level in the post season. It would be stupid for Indy to take that pick in a weak draft.

ummmm PG is 26

FraziersKnicks
06-22-2016, 04:39 PM
Are the Jazz the new T'Wolves?

Trey Burke
Dante Exum
George Hill
Raul Neto
Shelvin Mack

I suppose Hill and Exum can play SG.

5ass
06-22-2016, 04:51 PM

Agreed.

DboneG
06-22-2016, 05:25 PM

I agree. He's a very good ball player. He's going to help them big time.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2016, 05:55 PM
This draft class SUCKS, great trade for the Jazz, George Hill is better than everyone except Simmons and Ingram

RLundi
06-22-2016, 05:56 PM
Great coup for Indiana.

RLundi
06-22-2016, 05:58 PM
ummmm PG is 26

I think he means since PG is a free agent soon, Pacers have to put a competitive team on the floor so he won't be tempted to bolt.

eDush
06-22-2016, 06:05 PM
Are the Jazz the new T'Wolves?

Trey Burke
Dante Exum
George Hill
Raul Neto
Shelvin Mack

I suppose Hill and Exum can play SG.
Trey is garbage at the point and cannot shoot. Mack would not be a starter for any team but would be a good complimentary guard coming off the bench. Very streaky scorer and does t make smart decisions. No opinion on Neto but not a starter. I like Exum as he has good court vision and can shoot but need experience.

IndyRealist
06-22-2016, 06:16 PM
Trey is garbage at the point and cannot shoot. Mack would not be a starter for any team but would be a good complimentary guard coming off the bench. Very streaky scorer and does t make smart decisions. No opinion on Neto but not a starter. I like Exum as he has good court vision and can shoot but need experience.

I think the Jazz have realized they whiffed on all of their PG picks (jury's still out on Exum), and they needed to trade for a reliable vet instead of hunting for the next DWill. Hill can mentor Exum and also play SG.

IndyRealist
06-22-2016, 06:38 PM

So you know George Hill is from Indianapolis too, right?

Aust
06-22-2016, 07:20 PM
I think he means since PG is a free agent soon, Pacers have to put a competitive team on the floor so he won't be tempted to bolt.

They have him for 3 more seasons. Not really soon.

Ty Fast
06-22-2016, 08:54 PM
Why wouldnt the Jazz trade the 12th pick for Teague? He's mugh better than Hill. Great trade for Indiana and pretty good for ATL.

IndyRealist
06-22-2016, 09:05 PM
Why wouldnt the Jazz trade the 12th pick for Teague? He's mugh better than Hill. Great trade for Indiana and pretty good for ATL.

Obviously Utah doesn't think so.

5ass
06-22-2016, 09:13 PM
They have him for 3 more seasons. Not really soon.

2 more seasons. Basically one more offseason to really improve the team.

b-ballistic
06-22-2016, 09:26 PM
Good move for the Pacers. He's just what they needed. Pacers will be tough with George, Teague, and the emergence of Myles Turner.

TO Rapz
06-22-2016, 11:39 PM
Wow, some of you guys are massively underrating how solid a player George Hill is..

Vincent
06-22-2016, 11:57 PM

I thought that too, but I think it's because they figured Jeff Teague wouldn't want to resign with the Jazz with Exum breathing down his neck. But it's interesting to see if George Hill will resign with the Jazz...

ChongInc.
06-23-2016, 01:18 PM
EXACTLY! This is what I don't understand.

beasted86
06-23-2016, 02:08 PM
EXACTLY! This is what I don't understand.
Maybe they feel like they will have a chance to resign Hill and afford to resign him.

Teague may not like the small market/social life of Utah, and they may not be able to afford to sign him either.

Not saying I agree, just putting out one perspective

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

CHANGO
06-23-2016, 10:11 PM
I liked this deal for Utah... Why? Because they need a PG with scoring ability BADLY. They played Neto as the starting PG, he is a solid defender but that's it. Same with Exum who is injured and then Burke and Mack who are not on Hill's caliber.

Peopla are underrating Hill here, he is a solid two way PG, defense and shooting are his main skillsets and the Jazz need some shooting badly.

cvbgh
06-23-2016, 11:57 PM
Is Utah stupid? Why would you trade a lotto pick for George Hill, a mediocre two way PG?http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/6.gif
http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/4.gif http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/15.gif

Sadds The Gr8
06-24-2016, 01:49 AM
Love it for Indiana. Like it for Atlanta. Don't like it at all for Utah.

Teague-Ellis-George is very solid.
That fit is crap

Sadds The Gr8
06-24-2016, 01:53 AM
Wow, some of you guys are massively underrating how solid a player George Hill is..
This. Ppl saying Utah shoulda gotten Teague are insane. Hill is a way better fit and doesn't need the ball to be effective. Utah is trying to make the playoffs to convince Hayward to stay. And the 12th pick in this draft is crap.

I'd put money on Hill >>>>>>>>> taurean Prince.

IndyRealist
06-24-2016, 07:31 AM
That fit is crap

Yeah, been trying to tell people that. The PSD motto is always to throw more iso scorers at the problem.

eDush
06-24-2016, 08:56 AM
Utah got owned in this trade. To give up a 12th pick. wow for what is one of the worst players in the NBA.

Atlanta got the best deal. Also they now have 35 minutes a game for Shroder. Who will average about 20 ppg next season so it is a win win for Atlanta.

How did Atlanta got the best deal dufus? ....the guy they drafted will try to replace Horford instead of resigning him. If they don't resign him, they will be worst and might not even make the playoffs.

I guess losing both Teague and Horford must be the best deal? :laugh2:

eDush
06-24-2016, 09:03 AM
Is Utah stupid? Why would you trade a lotto pick for George Hill, a mediocre two way PG?http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/6.gif
http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/4.gif http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/15.gif

When has a 12th pick ever became a lotto pick dufus? Utah got the best deal with a smart pass first veteran who will get everyone involved in the offense for once and is now ready to make the playoffs in the tough Western conference.

CHANGO
06-24-2016, 07:19 PM
Yeah, been trying to tell people that. The PSD motto is always to throw more iso scorers at the problem.

Exactly, Teague kind of need the ball because he is not a great 3pt shooter, he is a drive PG. Ellis is more of the same and then George. I don't think they improved that much honestly. Let's see how Young fits but I don't like the backcourt.

flea
06-24-2016, 08:00 PM
I like the move for the Pacers, really like it for the Jazz, and love it for the Hawks.

Hawks:

Teague was gone regardless, they got a low lottery pick for him. That's good value for a mid-tier starting PG I think. They used it to continue their search for a defense-oriented forward to pair with Millsap. Not much else to say, it was kind of a no-brainer in terms of value for the Hawks, and fits into their developmental organizational style. Now they've got to bring back Horford (which I think they will).

Jazz:

They got probably the best all-around non-star PG in the game. He's not a great playmaker or scorer but he can do both pretty well (but streaky with both), he passes well, he defends 1s and 2s very well (meaning he's a good fit next to many scoring guards), and he shoots pretty well. I don't watch the Jazz much but just looking at their roster he seems like a great fit if Hayward does a lot of ballhandling and Hill is expected to focus on feeding the ball to Favors and Hayward, shooting, and defending. All they lose is another mid-round pick, which is not what they need right now as they focus on the playoffs.

Pacers:

Losing Hill hurts because he's underrated, but they needed a more traditional PG to run their fast-paced offense and they got perhaps the fastest guard in the league. Teague makes a ton of sense with an athletic center, a crafty pair of scoring forwards, and a shooter. Paul George profiles best as a secondary ballhandler/playmaker and a guy who can operate in the flow of an offense or on the block in matchups. Problem is I haven't seen much post action from him - with his size and quickness he should be doing that more instead of chucking guarded jumpers.

I agree Ellis doesn't make sense except as a 6th man. Even then, Ellis is good as a secondary ballhandler and secondary scorer - neither of which is a role he'd play for the Pacers. But he could be a truly electric bench scorer if he accepts that role. I kind of doubt he will so I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved and I guess see them roll with Miles as a starter.

At first blush it seems like Hayward and George are similar type wings, but I don't think George is a very good ballhandler or decisionmaker personally whereas I believe that's Hayward's strength. I think the exchange of PGs fits the star wings they are paired with better (Teague as a great ballhandling P&R guard and Hill as a great shooting, defense, and passing guard). I know Turner will enjoy having Teague around, and the Jazz go a long way in fixing the perimeter D on an already top-end defense.