PDA

View Full Version : Teams going hard after Dragic, what would you trade for him?

WaDe03
06-22-2016, 01:20 PM

Kind of surprising after having such an up and down season but I think he would play a lot better on a team where he was the best playmaker and had the ball in his hands more.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 01:23 PM
Heat won't win with him. I don't think he's a difference maker for a championship striving team. If Heat really want to win, they would shop him.

WaDe03
06-22-2016, 01:26 PM
Heat won't win with him. I don't think he's a difference maker for a championship striving team. If Heat really want to win, they would shop him.

I agree try to shop him for a 3 and D SF with a smaller contract and use the money to bring back the same team and use the room exception on a back up big. Depending on who we get I believe JRich can start at the point as he is a 3 and D player and said his main focal point this offseason is playmaking.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 01:28 PM
I agree try to shop him for a 3 and D SF with a smaller contract and use the money to bring back the same team and use the room exception on a back up big. Depending on who we get I believe JRich can start at the point as he is a 3 and D player and said his main focal point this offseason is playmaking.

Agreed but Heat's first priority is Bosh. His contract and health concern has the potential to plague them for future seasons. They really need to decide what he's worth to them right now.

JeffroIce
06-22-2016, 01:30 PM
Nothing, maybe a second round pick.

WaDe03
06-22-2016, 01:36 PM
Agreed but Heat's first priority is Bosh. His contract and health concern has the potential to plague them for future seasons. They really need to decide what he's worth to them right now.

I agree, you get confirmation that this won't happen again and you keep him and if not you ask him to retire or trade him to a team that is willing to take a gamble for a 1st or something and clear up a **** ton of cap space.

FraziersKnicks
06-22-2016, 01:37 PM
Robin Lopez, Jose Calderon and a second rounder.

WaDe03
06-22-2016, 01:37 PM
Nothing, maybe a second round pick.

I honestly wouldn't be totally against it, we free up cap space for this summer or the next.

MonroeFAN
06-22-2016, 01:39 PM
^That seems kind of cheap, his contract is good, it shouldn't be a dump.

I like Dragic a lot. Not sure of anyone's value in this off-season, but I would think you could land a near lotto pick. I would like him in Detroit, but we're obviously invested pretty heavily into that position already (for better or worse).

WaDe03
06-22-2016, 01:39 PM

What type of contracts are they on? One of the heats biggest need is a back up big, the playoff series against the Raptors exposed that flaw. Robin would be perfect for that and I've always said he would've been the perfect big for us during the big 3 era.

yungincome
06-22-2016, 01:47 PM
What type of contracts are they on? One of the heats biggest need is a back up big, the playoff series against the Raptors exposed that flaw. Robin would be perfect for that and I've always said he would've been the perfect big for us during the big 3 era.

RoLo
2016-17--$13,219,250
2017-18--$13,788,500
2018-19--$14,357,750

JC
2016-17--$7,708,427--Expiring

Stunner
06-22-2016, 01:54 PM

Lmao this y'all trade for everyone

WaDe03
06-22-2016, 02:41 PM
RoLo
2016-17--$13,219,250
2017-18--$13,788,500
2018-19--$14,357,750

JC
2016-17--$7,708,427--Expiring

I would have to say no to that if I'm the Heat. I didn't know Lopez made that much.

WaDe03
06-22-2016, 03:21 PM

Funny thing is, they just traded it to yall for Rose lol!

KingPosey
06-22-2016, 03:56 PM
If I my Kings and all they really want is to clear cap I look into this. They chase everyone no matter the fit but this is one I want them to jump at. Unless they want boogie which is a nevermind.

Cracka2HI!
06-22-2016, 04:12 PM
Didn't Dragic just sign a horrible contract? Why is it being called "good" in this thead? I'm sorry but $18 mil per Dragic is AWFUL!!! It's not even bad it's terrible! I would imagine there were PG's who made 25% as much money who were just as productive. I can't see him being worth even $10 mil per year based on last season's performance. Isn't he 30? I'm not buying this thread at all. Source seems to be a heat fan trying to drum up some retweets from other heat fans. If the thread title read "a team or 2 called the heat to see if they would give them Dragic for next to nothing" I might believe it. Even then I'd have doubts.

Wade n Fade
06-22-2016, 04:15 PM
If I my Kings and all they really want is to clear cap I look into this. They chase everyone no matter the fit but this is one I want them to jump at. Unless they want boogie which is a nevermind.

I think the discussion has to include the #8 pick first and foremost. I would definitely love Buddy Hield too. Maybe even Kris Dunn, but I don't like this class at all, so trading into the draft isn't too keen for us. A Boogie deal would be so big for Miami. It would involve a S&T for Whiteside at the very least. Either way, the Kings are screwed because of bad draft picks and trades from the past. I think keeping Boogie is the smartest move they can make.

FraziersKnicks
06-22-2016, 04:18 PM

Funny thing is, they just traded it to yall for Rose lol!

:laugh2:

ManRam
06-22-2016, 04:19 PM
Didn't Dragic just sign a horrible contract? Why is it being called "good" in this thead? I'm sorry but $18 mil per Dragic is AWFUL!!! It's not even bad it's terrible! I would imagine there were PG's who made 25% as much money who were just as productive. I can't see him being worth even $10 mil per year based on last season's performance. Isn't he 30? I'm not buying this thread at all. Source seems to be a heat fan trying to drum up some retweets from other heat fans. If the thread title read "a team or 2 called the heat to see if they would give them Dragic for next to nothing" I might believe it. Even then I'd have doubts.

It's not a great contract but it's no longer horrible. Not in a climate where Dellavedova could net $10M a year. $18 over the next 4 years will feel like half of what it was when he signed it. The cap for 2015 was $63M. The cap after this season will start at around $105M and continue to rise. It's a fine contract. Not good, but not horrible.

We gotta readjust how we view contracts. It's going to be SOOOO different after next summer.

For Orlando, I'd trade Elfrid and fillers for him. But none of the other core players. Not sure that's worth Miami's time since Elf can't shoot and needs the ball in his hands to have any impact. Next to Wade that's stupid.

Wade n Fade
06-22-2016, 04:23 PM
It's not a great contract but it's no longer horrible. Not in a climate where Dellavedova could net $10M a year. $18 over the next 4 years will feel like half of what it was when he signed it. The cap for 2015 was $63M. The cap after this season will start at around $105M and continue to rise. It's a fine contract. Not good, but not horrible.

We gotta readjust how we view contracts. It's going to be SOOOO different after next summer.

For Orlando, I'd trade Elfrid and fillers for him. But none of the other core players. Not sure that's worth Miami's time since Elf can't shoot and needs the ball in his hands to have any impact. Next to Wade that's stupid.

With the Magic, any deal starts with draft picks or Vucevic, which neither will happen. Idk if Jennings is a FA, but if he is not, not the type of PG you can build around.

But this is great, Miami controls who gets Dragic because the market is heating up for PGs and they have a decent contract and years tied to Dragic, which will play well if we decide to move him.

If say the Nuggets call, I would ask for Mudi. Riley is a smart man, so I'll let him do his thing.

Chronz
06-22-2016, 04:25 PM
Heat should just run more of the offense through him but I guess they will ride or die with Wade

naps
06-22-2016, 04:40 PM

Sure it looks bad in a $63 mill cap space when he was signed but you will be surprised to see how valuable his contract looks like after this offseason, and specially after next offseason.

shep33
06-22-2016, 04:54 PM
Heat should just run more of the offense through him but I guess they will ride or die with Wade

This

SportsFanatic10
06-22-2016, 05:02 PM

As they should at least in the Playoffs imo. Dragic just isn't good enough to run the offense the way Wade does unfortunately. He always drives left and doesn't get it done if half court sets. Wade is still the teams best playmaker. There are spurts where he can do it effectively though, but the trust isn't there at least for me to see him take on that role consistently.

Chronz
06-22-2016, 05:02 PM
This

I guess they could just be trying to make room for Whiteside

SportsFanatic10
06-22-2016, 05:04 PM
It's good to see his contract looking so movable now. Many people laughed at the Heat for even thinking of resigning him to such a deal last offseason. But everyone paying attention knew it wouldn't be so bad later on with the cap rising.

SportsFanatic10
06-22-2016, 05:07 PM
I guess they could just be trying to make room for Whiteside

The reports don't even say the Heat are trying to trade him, in fact it sounds like they're reluctant. It's just that he's receiving interest from other teams is all this is right now. There is already room for Whiteside.

DboneG
06-22-2016, 05:20 PM
Something told me that Dragic wasn't going to stick with the Heat. It seems like Wade and Dragic didn't get alone too well. I'm just looking at their body language, reaction to conversations they were having on the court.(don't know what was being said) The rapport wasn't there.

DboneG
06-22-2016, 05:21 PM
He's a very good ball player to me.

IndyRealist
06-22-2016, 06:05 PM
I would have before we traded for Teague :sigh:

5ass
06-22-2016, 06:19 PM
With the Magic, any deal starts with draft picks or Vucevic, which neither will happen. Idk if Jennings is a FA, but if he is not, not the type of PG you can build around.

But this is great, Miami controls who gets Dragic because the market is heating up for PGs and they have a decent contract and years tied to Dragic, which will play well if we decide to move him.

If say the Nuggets call, I would ask for Mudi. Riley is a smart man, so I'll let him do his thing.

They won't get anything near Mudiay or even Vucevic. Dragic doesn't have that type of value.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 06:24 PM
Goran is 30. That's pretty old for a PG just beginning his contract. He'll be 33 by contract end. Hard to see any value in him that is worth trading Mudiay for.

Ty Fast
06-22-2016, 06:33 PM
Bull, Mavs, Rockets, OKC, Nets, Philly
Kings could all be good fits.

Wade n Fade
06-22-2016, 07:31 PM
They won't get anything near Mudiay or even Vucevic. Dragic doesn't have that type of value.

Of course not. But that's where the conversation would start and stop. We wouldn't take Wilson Chandler/Gallinari/Faried + assets or Payton/Gordon + picks.

Wade n Fade
06-22-2016, 07:35 PM
Bull, Mavs, Rockets, OKC, Nets, Philly
Kings could all be good fits.

Bulls: Jimmy Butler and Gibson for Dragic and pieces possibly.
Rockets: Beverly, Capela type of package.
OKC: No need for Dragic with Westbrook.
Nets: Nothing of value imo. Not touching Lopez.
Philly: All they can offer are picks, Ish Smith, doubt they would give up Okafor/Noel.
Kings: All conversations start and stop with Cousins.

Dragic is probably worth a mid first at best right now.

Wade n Fade
06-22-2016, 07:38 PM
Goran is 30. That's pretty old for a PG just beginning his contract. He'll be 33 by contract end. Hard to see any value in him that is worth trading Mudiay for.

But then again, Denver is going nowhere anytime soon. They can at least get a NBA caliber PG ready to step in and make their squad better and Mudiay is a PG that is a huge shooting project. He is kinda like MCW was with the 76ers. I don't think Denver does it, but I would entertain the idea of a swap built around the two. Miami is in win now mode, so the best deal possible is a Mike Conley Jr. for Dragic swap. It allows Memphis to get a PG back on a much friendlier deal that can go well with Gasol.

Aust
06-22-2016, 07:53 PM
Miami would have to give up more to acquire Mudiay. A straight swap would be too lopsided.

5ass
06-22-2016, 08:00 PM
Of course not. But that's where the conversation would start and stop. We wouldn't take Wilson Chandler/Gallinari/Faried + assets or Payton/Gordon + picks.

Lol the heat can throw in Winslow and Richardson and I still wouldn't even consider trading Gordon for Dragic. You need to lower your expectations. Dragic doesn't have great value.

J_M_B
06-22-2016, 08:44 PM
Dragic became his normal self again after the all star break. When Bosh went down Miami had no choice, but to give him the keys and pick up the tempo.

He was a 18/5/7 player from then on and had a few big games in the playoffs. He has value. The guy is two years removed from being All NBA ..

That said, the Heat would be wise to keep him.

beasted86
06-22-2016, 11:34 PM
I would like to keep Dragić if possible and add talent in other areas. His contract is far from terrible like some have suggested in this thread.

I'd be open only for the right deal, but certainly he's worth much more than a salary dump. It's insane to hear some of this garbage like a 2nd round pick when we gave up 2 firsts to get him. I wonder what some people are honestly thinking.

Josh Richardson is not a starting PG yet or even close. Makes me wonder how much people really study the game and can analyze roles. Only way you get by with Richardson as a starter is if he is a MIP candidate or you replaced his duties with a perennial all-star wing with ball handling ability. People seem to be under valuing Dragić.

WaDe03
06-23-2016, 08:46 AM
Lol the heat can throw in Winslow and Richardson and I still wouldn't even consider trading Gordon for Dragic. You need to lower your expectations. Dragic doesn't have great value.

It sounds like you need to lower yours if you wouldn't trade Gordon for those 3 lol. I guarantee Winslow ends up being better.

JLynn943
06-23-2016, 09:33 AM
Philly: All they can offer are picks, Ish Smith, doubt they would give up Okafor/Noel.

lol, what? There's a huge disparity there between Cousins and a mid round pick. I would entertain the #8 pick for Dragic, but no way would Cousins be going your way. That would take Dragic, Winslow, and more.

MonroeFAN
06-23-2016, 12:30 PM
Jesus christ. What is going on in Miami to make you guys think this way? I'm trying my hardest to not comment, because I want to be civil with you guys, but wtf?

ManRam
06-23-2016, 01:17 PM

This post has melted my brain.

"Dragic is...worth a mid first" but also "I think we can get Jimmy Butler or Demarcus Cousins for him". I'm so confused.

I agree with the mid-first AT BEST comment. The rest is silly. Even the Houston one. They aren't moving Capela.

Heediot
06-23-2016, 01:27 PM
Knicks trade Rose and 1st round pick for Dragic.

Wade n Fade
06-23-2016, 01:48 PM

"Dragic is...worth a mid first" but also "I think we can get Jimmy Butler or Demarcus Cousins for him". I'm so confused.

I agree with the mid-first AT BEST comment. The rest is silly. Even the Houston one. They aren't moving Capela.

Put it into context. Kings: "We want Dragic." Heat: "How about a deal involving Cousins?" Hangs up phone. To get Dragic, the Heat would want him in a deal with Cousins to Miami. Those are starting points. Dragic is worth a mid lotto at best on his own. That's not hard to understand. Chicago wants Dragic? Jimmy Butler deal involve Dragic. Orlando wants him? Whiteside/Vucevic swap can be discussed involving Dragic to Orlando. Not hard to do.

mrblisterdundee
06-24-2016, 01:52 PM
I think Goran Dragic is best served by staying in Miami and waiting for Dwyane Wade to let him handle the ball more.

beasted86
06-26-2016, 03:57 AM
Dragic became his normal self again after the all star break. When Bosh went down Miami had no choice, but to give him the keys and pick up the tempo.

He was a 18/5/7 player from then on and had a few big games in the playoffs. He has value. The guy is two years removed from being All NBA ..

That said, the Heat would be wise to keep him.
This

Aust
06-26-2016, 06:22 PM
Put it into context. Kings: "We want Dragic." Heat: "How about a deal involving Cousins?" Hangs up phone. To get Dragic, the Heat would want him in a deal with Cousins to Miami. Those are starting points. Dragic is worth a mid lotto at best on his own. That's not hard to understand. Chicago wants Dragic? Jimmy Butler deal involve Dragic. Orlando wants him? Whiteside/Vucevic swap can be discussed involving Dragic to Orlando. Not hard to do.

Why are those starting points? Who decided that? WCS is more realistic.

beasted86
06-26-2016, 07:09 PM
Why are those starting points? Who decided that? WCS is more realistic.
It's not a difficult concept to understand. He's saying if Kings call about Dragić, HEAT would want to know if they are willing to part with Cousins.

I'd somewhat agree, because I bet they have no interest in any other player on the Kings roster including WCS.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Wade n Fade
06-26-2016, 10:42 PM
It's not a difficult concept to understand. He's saying if Kings call about Dragić, HEAT would want to know if they are willing to part with Cousins.

I'd somewhat agree, because I bet they have no interest in any other player on the Kings roster including WCS.

Exactly. If they say no to a Cousins for Dragic/Winslow/Whiteside starting point, then there could be no deal. You don't start off with the best offer when negotiating, you go for what you want and then compromise to get a deal that works for both side.

Gibby23
06-26-2016, 11:12 PM
Exactly. If they say no to a Cousins for Dragic/Winslow/Whiteside starting point, then there could be no deal. You don't start off with the best offer when negotiating, you go for what you want and then compromise to get a deal that works for both side.

Lol, Heat are in no position to dictate the terms of a Cousins trade and I don't think the Kings would come seeking Dragic.

Also, why would Whiteside agree to a sign and trade to Sacramento? He sounds like a guy that is going to pick his own spot and Miami doesn't have an edge over any other team that wants him

jkghi
06-27-2016, 06:10 AM
Heat won't win with him. I don't think he's a difference maker for a championship striving team. If Heat really want to win, they would shop him.http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/17.gifhttp://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/6.gif
http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/4.gif

MiamiBoy77
06-27-2016, 06:22 AM
Heat fans are really making me shake my head here, and I am one of them.

A more likely scenario than Dragic for either Butler/Cousins would be Dragic to a team like Philly for a future 1st or 2. It would clear up his cap to let the Heat make a bigger play at someone they want in FA.

If Heat fans are looking for a star, which we definitely are, I think it would be Chris Paul in 2017 FA. Start clearing room now, bring back Whiteside, if Bosh retires before next year his $$ will come off the cap as well. That is an obvious pipe dream, but more realistic than Dragic for Cousins

SportsFanatic10
06-27-2016, 10:59 AM
Lol, Heat are in no position to dictate the terms of a Cousins trade and I don't think the Kings would come seeking Dragic.

Also, why would Whiteside agree to a sign and trade to Sacramento? He sounds like a guy that is going to pick his own spot and Miami doesn't have an edge over any other team that wants him

Miami actually does have a slight edge over other teams when it comes to Whiteside. If the money's equal he has indicated that he'd want to stay since he loves it there and the team gave him his chance. And since they do in fact have his early bird rights just not his full bird rights, the Heat can offer 7.5% annual raises on his first year salary. Miami can only offer 4 years just like everyone else, but other teams can only give 3.5% raises and most have state taxes as well, so the Heat can still give him a few Mil more than anyone else. Only way I see him leaving is if Riley refuses to offer him the max.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2016/05/the-two-financial-advantages-the-heat-have-in-keeping-whiteside.html

FlashBolt
06-27-2016, 12:22 PM
Sorry Heat fans. Hate to be rough but Dragic is 30 and hasn't looked great at all the past two seasons. You're going to be stuck with this guy unless a desperate team really wants to get rid of a bad contract. I don't know what you guys were doing signing Dragic when the best free agents are coming up in 2016/2017. Huge mistake.

JLynn943
06-27-2016, 12:22 PM
I would maybe trade Rudy Gay for Dragic. He's nowhere near a big enough piece to start any conversation about Cousins.

JOSKOMANG4
06-27-2016, 12:26 PM
- dwight howard(5yr 100mill), g/f mcdaniels, & g. P.beverly to the rockets for g g.dragic & f/c c.bosh.

Heat lineup: Howard/mcroberts/winslow/wade/beverly

rockets lineup: Capela/bosh/ariza/harden/dragic

FlashBolt
06-27-2016, 12:30 PM
- dwight howard(5yr 100mill), g/f mcdaniels, & g. P.beverly to the rockets for g g.dragic & f/c c.bosh.

Heat lineup: Howard/mcroberts/winslow/wade/beverly

rockets lineup: Capela/bosh/ariza/harden/dragic

What? Howard isn't restricted, is he? He opted out so there doesn't have to be a trade at all for him.

Gibby23
06-27-2016, 12:54 PM
Sorry Heat fans. Hate to be rough but Dragic is 30 and hasn't looked great at all the past two seasons. You're going to be stuck with this guy unless a desperate team really wants to get rid of a bad contract. I don't know what you guys were doing signing Dragic when the best free agents are coming up in 2016/2017. Huge mistake.

I wouldn't say it was a mistake, he would get more if he was a FA now. They can easily dump him if they need to, but they wouldn't get any kind of star for him, but could easily get some sort of lotto or 1st round pick. Not many good PG's out there.

KingPosey
06-27-2016, 01:12 PM

you keep saying the King's convos would start and stop with Cousins. Theres just no way Miami is that dumb to think Cousins for Dragic is the only way things work. Dragic is an expensive, under performing, bad fit, 30 year old PG. Cousins is younger, cheaper, better, and Miami is trying to (possibly) move dragic not just for what they get in return, but for the moves they can make with him off the books.

Its just really not a true statement. Now Dragic would be just about the best type of player the King's could coax to sacramento so I'm all for it, but to say Miami thinks it has to be Cousins or nothing? That's crazy.

KingPosey
06-27-2016, 01:15 PM
lol, what? There's a huge disparity there between Cousins and a mid round pick. I would entertain the #8 pick for Dragic, but no way would Cousins be going your way. That would take Dragic, Winslow, and more.

lol thank you both. I thought I was going crazy.

Slug3
06-27-2016, 01:30 PM
Heat fans are really making me shake my head here, and I am one of them.

A more likely scenario than Dragic for either Butler/Cousins would be Dragic to a team like Philly for a future 1st or 2. It would clear up his cap to let the Heat make a bigger play at someone they want in FA.

If Heat fans are looking for a star, which we definitely are, I think it would be Chris Paul in 2017 FA. Start clearing room now, bring back Whiteside, if Bosh retires before next year his $$ will come off the cap as well. That is an obvious pipe dream, but more realistic than Dragic for Cousins

For Butler Miami would probably have to give up Dragic, Winslow and a first.

J_M_B
06-27-2016, 05:13 PM

Dragic at 17M is a bad contract? Do you know what Conley is about to make? Great player, but is he worth 30M annually? That's what teams are going to have to start asking themselves to sign a starting PG.

There's value in Dragic solely from an economic standpoint. I'm not arguing he's a top 10 PG, but he's still a damn good one. He got off to a slow start this past season because he came into camp out of shape(wife was having pregnancy complications) and was handcuff by Miami's snail pace offense (29th pre all star break). The guy became the catalyst for the #6 offense in the league post all star break. He lead the team in real plus/minus during that stretch.

& IMO I think his game will age well, so I'm not worried about a sharp decline over the next 3 years.

Aust
06-27-2016, 08:41 PM

You aren't answering my question. WHO says Cousins is the STARTING point??