PDA

View Full Version : Most ideal spot for Horford?

JasonJohnHorn
06-22-2016, 11:23 AM
This is not so much a guess as to where he will go, but a conversation about where his skills will best be utilized.

Where would fit best? Who would he help most? Where would he put up the best numbers?

What are your thoughts. Feel free to share sign-and-trade scenarios

If KD is not interested in going to GSW, I think that GSW would be the most ideal place for Horford, but S&Ts could open the door to some interesting possibilities.

D-Leethal
06-22-2016, 11:32 AM
Replacing Duncan in SAS.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 11:37 AM
Replacing Duncan in SAS.

This or the Warriors.

aman_13
06-22-2016, 11:55 AM
I want to say Raptors but I don't think Masai is going to make any significant moves. I read a report that said the Lakers, Pistons and Magic will pursue him

FraziersKnicks
06-22-2016, 12:30 PM
I wild absolutely love him on the Knicks. He's a great passer so would be really good in the triangle.

If Aaron Afflalo and Derrick Williams refuse their player options, we would have about $37m to spend.

5 years, $80m for Horford
5 years, $80m for Conley
Offer Courtney Lee 4 years, $20m and hope the bright lights of NY convince him.

PG: Mike Conley
SG: Courtney Lee
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Kristaps Porzingis
C: Al Horford

Great defense, balanced scoring and good spacing.

A pipe dream but that team looks really good on paper.

WaDe03
06-22-2016, 12:37 PM
He'll get overpaid wherever he goes. I was big on Horford at one point, was even hoping we would trade whiteside for him at the deadline but after watching more and more I've seen he's not worth close to the money he will get. He averaged 2.5 rebounds against the Cavs in the playoffs while playing center. That's embarrassing.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 12:47 PM
He'll get overpaid wherever he goes. I was big on Horford at one point, was even hoping we would trade whiteside for him at the deadline but after watching more and more I've seen he's not worth close to the money he will get. He averaged 2.5 rebounds against the Cavs in the playoffs while playing center. That's embarrassing.

He's undersized and isn't exactly a great rebounder. TT+Love ate him up big time. Still, 2.5 rebounds when you're playing 35 minutes per game is just mindboggling. He'll fit well with some teams, not a max player, though. Good defender, very mobile, but sadly, will be overpaid.

GoferKing_
06-22-2016, 12:51 PM
Sacramento.

hugepatsfan
06-22-2016, 12:53 PM
Atlanta because at his age that 5th year is very important.

MonroeFAN
06-22-2016, 12:58 PM
Rumor has it we're looking at him pretty hard. I sure as hell hope he doesn't come here, I want nothing to do with Horford.

Chronz
06-22-2016, 01:27 PM
Portland or the clippers in place of Blake

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-22-2016, 01:36 PM
There is no reason for him to choose us but I would love him on the Lakers. He is a good locker room guy that is not a knucklehead like a lot of the young kids. They need somebody that's a professional that is also a good player on the team. But I don't like him at the 5. I wish we could sign both him and white side and put Randle on the bench

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 01:41 PM
There is no reason for him to choose us but I would love him on the Lakers. He is a good locker room guy that is not a knucklehead like a lot of the young kids. They need somebody that's a professional that is also a good player on the team. But I don't like him at the 5. I wish we could sign both him and white side and put Randle on the bench

I'd rather have Randle than Horford, tbh. Not worth spending the money on Horford when Randle can be really good in a few years.

mngopher35
06-22-2016, 01:49 PM
If the wolves do trade for butler (based on rumors I hope not) then I would really hope we are also going for horford to pair with him.

Other than that I think a team like Boston who might use picks for some talent might wanna pair whoever with him. Portland to pair with Lilliard might make sense too.

LivinLakers
06-22-2016, 01:54 PM
On the Lakers with Lebron James and Kevin Durant and Paul George and Jimmy Butler. J/K.
I would love him on the Lakers. But I think he would fit perfectly on the Warriors. If I were them I would let Harrison Barnes go and go get Horford. I also think he would be a better fit in Houston than Dwight was. I think Horford with Antoni and Harden would be a great fit.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 01:54 PM
If the wolves do trade for butler (based on rumors I hope not) then I would really hope we are also going for horford to pair with him.

Other than that I think a team like Boston who might use picks for some talent might wanna pair whoever with him. Portland to pair with Lilliard might make sense too.

Minnesota should just destroy their franchise and relocate somewhere if they trade Wiggins for Butler because that's the only way Bulls will trade other than KAT.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-22-2016, 01:58 PM
I'd rather have Randle than Horford, tbh. Not worth spending the money on Horford when Randle can be really good in a few years.

I like Randle too, but he has a lot of work to do. It's like he doesn't even know he has a right hand and he pushes it too much. He needs to calm down. I wouldn't mind just getting Horford and putting him as a stretch 5 with Randall working inside. But we have to spend the money somewhere and I don't like any of the wing players that are available.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-22-2016, 02:00 PM
I see Horford as a Spur. Solid player without ego and does everything very well. I can already see him and Aldridge with Kawhii as a front Court. That is disgusting.

mngopher35
06-22-2016, 02:44 PM

Minnesota should just destroy their franchise and relocate somewhere if they trade Wiggins for Butler because that's the only way Bulls will trade other than KAT.

Ya I don't think we would. The other one that seems to get mentioned on boards is lavine dieng 5. Again personally I would rather keep and add to the core but if we ended up with a trade like those for butler I would want horford as well if possible.

Heediot
06-22-2016, 02:44 PM
Horford and Noah reunite with the Blazers.

eDush
06-22-2016, 09:54 PM
Horford to the Celtics or Magic imho :nod:.

5ass
06-22-2016, 10:23 PM
Not sure I want him on the Magic. He'd have to replace Vucevic, but at 2.5 times the salary. He's not that much better than Vucevic. Maybe if we can find a way to get some other star through FA or trade, but Horford alone doesn't really excite me.

mrblisterdundee
06-24-2016, 02:36 PM
Horford's a great small-ball center who would fit well on a lot of teams. He's my no. 1 target for Portland. I could even see him working well on the Warriors.

R. Johnson#3
06-24-2016, 02:42 PM
I'd love him on the Raptors. He could finally get to play the 4 and would fit in great next to JV. He'd bring some much needed ball movement as well.

Supreme LA
06-24-2016, 08:49 PM

I could do without Randle myself. His ceiling is really low and needs the ball way too much to be effective. Ofcourse, if he miraculously developed a 3-pt shot he could be much more effective but I don't see that happening.

He's just to undersized at his position. Hopefully the Lakers can package him in a deal for someone else.

hugepatsfan
06-24-2016, 09:01 PM
Horford to the Celtics or Magic imho :nod:.

I don't want him unless Durant is coming and he isn't. He'd be a huge help but at his age he's probably going to start fading in a couple of years. We don't have the pieces to compete for the first couple of years while he's still at the top of his game so there's no sense in locking yourself into those backend years.

jerellh528
06-24-2016, 09:30 PM
To okc

Adams
Horford
KD
Oladipo
Westbrook

FOXHOUND
06-24-2016, 10:01 PM
I could see a fit in Boston. They drafted two bigs but both are of the stash variety and currently only have Amir Johnson and Kelly Olynyk signed. Thanks to the Brooklyn trade and their flurry of picks, they're in a unique situation where they can build to contend while adding top draft talent over the next couple of years.

After drafting Jaylen Brown, my guess is that they're willing to let Turner walk. Amir Johnson and Jonas Jerekbo have non-guarunteed deals, which can be waived to clear $17M. If they renounce the rights to Zeller, Sullinger, Turner and Datome, that's another $18.8M. That would leave them with about $56M of cap space to tackle the market. They could sign Horford and Whiteside to max contracts for $48.4M and still have a little chunk for another decent big. Or, they could keep the cap hold on Sullinger for $5.6M and resign him over the cap for backup PF.

Thomas-Smart
Bradley-Brown
Crowder-Brown
Horford-Sullinger
Whiteside-Olynyk

Squad?

Cracka2HI!
06-25-2016, 02:23 AM
Portland or the clippers in place of Blake

I also think he should go to Portland. Interested about the in place of Blake comment. Did you mean if he were traded to Boston?

eDush
06-25-2016, 10:36 AM
He might be headed to the Bayou city :nod:.

shep33
06-25-2016, 10:52 AM
statistically i think he'd thrive in Houston under MDA's system. But I like the Spurs

Scoots
06-25-2016, 12:10 PM
Warriors :)

I think Horford will be great wherever he goes. He's still underrated.

GiantsSwaGG
06-25-2016, 12:14 PM
Knicks

NYJ - NYY
06-25-2016, 12:16 PM
Knicks

Next to KP oh man! And get bazemore as our SG I'm good with the that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flea
06-25-2016, 12:36 PM
My dream has always been to see a Horford/Noah pairing in the NBA after they stomped on the competition as collegiate athletes 2 years in a row. Where ever that could happen would be my personal "ideal spot" for Horford - Portland is interesting because they've got 2 scoring guards who would play nicely next to 2 of the better passing bigs in the game.

As a fan of the team I want Horford in New Orleans. Not sure what it would entail them dumping but probably at least Asik. Horford is a veteran big who can do anything you want out of your big man on the court - Davis could learn a lot from him as he attempts to polish his game.

At the end of the day he doesn't really have an ideal fit because his strength is his versatility - his ideal fit is just to be around scorers. He can play with traditional PGs as a good P&R man because of how good he is as a shooter and as a screener. He can play with scoring guards because he's a good playmaker. He can play as a 4 or 5 because mobile and strong enough to handle either defensively, which means he could work well next to a tradtional center like Vucevic or Drummond as well as scoring minded forwards like Millsap.

His relative weaknesses are rebounding, scoring, and 1v1 defense of long centers - all of which he's still pretty good at. His relative strengths are rim protection because of his mobility, shooting, screening, and passing. There's 30 teams that could find room for him.

Scoots
06-25-2016, 01:35 PM
My dream has always been to see a Horford/Noah pairing in the NBA after they stomped on the competition as collegiate athletes 2 years in a row. Where ever that could happen would be my personal "ideal spot" for Horford - Portland is interesting because they've got 2 scoring guards who would play nicely next to 2 of the better passing bigs in the game.

As a fan of the team I want Horford in New Orleans. Not sure what it would entail them dumping but probably at least Asik. Horford is a veteran big who can do anything you want out of your big man on the court - Davis could learn a lot from him as he attempts to polish his game.

At the end of the day he doesn't really have an ideal fit because his strength is his versatility - his ideal fit is just to be around scorers. He can play with traditional PGs as a good P&R man because of how good he is as a shooter and as a screener. He can play with scoring guards because he's a good playmaker. He can play as a 4 or 5 because mobile and strong enough to handle either defensively, which means he could work well next to a tradtional center like Vucevic or Drummond as well as scoring minded forwards like Millsap.

His relative weaknesses are rebounding, scoring, and 1v1 defense of long centers - all of which he's still pretty good at. His relative strengths are rim protection because of his mobility, shooting, screening, and passing. There's 30 teams that could find room for him.

Speights is available for the reunion too.

Chronz
06-25-2016, 01:37 PM
I also think he should go to Portland. Interested about the in place of Blake comment. Did you mean if he were traded to Boston?

I meant swap him out for the other guy, if we could dump Blake in a trade for less costly depth whilse adding a guy like Horford then yeah, thats even better

Heediot
06-25-2016, 02:25 PM
I meant swap him out for the other guy, if we could dump Blake in a trade for less costly depth whilse adding a guy like Horford then yeah, thats even better

Blake to Boston for Amir Johnson, BK Pick next year, Crowder. LAC can decline Amirs option. Not sure that's enough space to get Horford on Board. Play a rugged D stye like the Wallace Pistons. Can use the BK pick to upgrade elsewhere if needed.

eDush
06-25-2016, 02:38 PM
Horford will likely be in the Bayou city :nod:.

Heediot
06-25-2016, 06:07 PM
Blake to Boston for Amir Johnson, BK Pick next year, Crowder. LAC can decline Amirs option. Not sure that's enough space to get Horford on Board. Play a rugged D stye like the Wallace Pistons. Can use the BK pick to upgrade elsewhere if needed.

To Add throw in Pierce and Jebreko into the trade. Jebreko is another player with a non-guaranteed option, this saves LAC another 3.3 mil. Pierce can retire as a celtic.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jelujyb

Clips also get BK pick. This should really help in giving Horford a nice contract.

Sign D. West as third big off the Bench as he is broskis with Cp3.

JordansBulls
06-25-2016, 09:51 PM
Warriors, Heat or Knicks

Chronz
06-26-2016, 12:12 AM
Warriors, Heat or Knicks
Awful. Just awful

COOLbeans
06-26-2016, 03:48 AM
Speights is available for the reunion too.

A reunion isn't that far fetched in my mind.

beasted86
06-26-2016, 04:00 AM
Warriors :)

I think Horford will be great wherever he goes. He's still underrated.
Can't be underrated making $23M max

Howard_Zinn
06-26-2016, 10:57 AM
Detroit is a darkhorse here..

j-bay
06-26-2016, 11:35 AM
@ESPNSteinLine
Free Agency Rumble: Orlando, Detroit and the Lakers are all among the teams that intend to make a run at Atlanta big man Al Horford.

Darren Wolfson ‏@DWolfsonKSTP
Heard today Wizards/Celtics/Heat also expected to be in mix for Horford. #Twolves likely call. But won't get him.

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA
Horford? -- He's gonna shop - Knicks, Wizards, Lakers, Magic, Hawks all in the mix. https://twitter.com/Ihave_no_chill/status/747065370322833408

So we got..
Celtics-Favorites in my opinion
Knicks-Depends on how much money they have, but don't think they will be able too outbid Boston
Miami-Don't know about Miami but one thing is for sure is they could become favorites if Whiteside doesn't resign
Wizards-Got a lot money. The Wizards are not a bad team. This was a team that was really injured and had a bad coach. Now they have a new head coach and if they stay healthy and add Horford, then this is a team that could return to the second round like the last 2 years before
Pistons-Have no idea
Lakers-Have the money, but does he think the Lakers are ready
Magic-Nope

flea
06-26-2016, 12:16 PM
I don't really see Al leaving Atlanta for a team with similar talent. If he wants to stick around while some guys develop he'd just stay there instead of going to a team like the Celtics, Knicks, or T Wolves. He seems to have been very happy in Atlanta, in spite of the underwhelming attendance compared to other cities its size (a problem in years past, it's gotten much better the last couple of years).

Horford is a big-time team-first guy - that's one of the things that makes him special as a player. He's not one that will ever whine about touches and he'd be loathe to feel like he was quitting on his team. As such, I think it'd have to be a really intriguing situation to pull him away. The Knicks - they're just not any good even if they have an intriguing prospect. Ditto for T Wolves just with more promise and more prospects worth talking about. Ditto for Lakers. All those teams want to be contending for titles in 5 years, when Al will be winding down.

I think Magic and Wizards would be interesting for him. Wizards have an established veteran backcourt in their primes and are pretty set at the 3 too. All they'd need is another frontcourt player to go with Horford and Gortat and they could challenge the Cavs. Magic the same, but slightly younger so maybe a little less enticing.

The Celtics are more like a team in flux than a team with high-end potential. They have nothing settled in their frontcourt where Crowder is a good journeyman but nothing special and on a short contract. They have a bunch of interesting guards but no stars (and no, a 5'9 scoring guard is not a star). I see them more in development mode than winning mode, in spite of their record the last couple of years.

I think the Pistons are the interesting one. With Drummond and Harris they would make probably the biggest frontcourt, with more athleticism than the Spurs frontcourt. That's a tough matchup for anyone right now. Plus their backcourt is already pretty good as they have 2 established veterans with some 2-way ability. Any team would struggle to score inside against such length, and using Horford in the P&R game with Jackson so much allows Drummond to utilize his best skill on the glass.

Plus, the Pistons have SVG who I think is a guy Al would like to play for. He's only a bad coach for stars if your star has the mental age of a 9 year old female - and even if Al doesn't like him that won't matter much if he thinks he can win. I still think he stays in Atlanta though, as interesting as some of these are.

DboneG
06-28-2016, 07:44 AM
What is so amazing is all the scenarios given, he could fit! There's not many guys you can name that can fit on many teams like Horford. He's a valuable piece. Surprised he's not making more noise like Joakim, Howard, and Whiteside. Seems like he's flying under the rader to me.

j-bay
07-02-2016, 10:01 AM
Update. It lools like it will come down to 4 teams. Horford will make his decision this week. The teams are

Celtics
Wizards
Rockets
Hawks

Hawks are trying to clear cap space, but it might be too late. I see this coming down to the Celtics and Wizards. It will be close if Horford doesn't think Durant comes to the Celtics. But if he does, tben he is going to the Celtics.

Celtics
Younger Team
Better Coach
Better Bench

Wizards
More Experienced
Better Star
Better Starting lineup

j-bay
07-02-2016, 12:24 PM
@WojVerticalNBA
Sources on @TheVertical: Boston and Washington have emerged as frontrunners to sign All-Star forward Al Horford. http://yhoo.it/29e3ni5

Called it.

da ThRONe
07-02-2016, 12:31 PM
I think the Hawks are the best place for him. I like the idea of going big for ATL. A front court of Howard/Horford/Millsap is mobile enough to switch and big enough to punish teams that try to go small. My only concern with ATL is the point. I don't have that much faith in Schroeder.

ManRam
07-02-2016, 12:35 PM
I like both Washington and Boston as fits.

IT/Bradley/Crowder/Amir/Al is a really great defensive team. That would be fun.

A Wall/Beal/Horford trio would also be really fun.

I'm pulling for either of those two teams.

j-bay
07-02-2016, 12:35 PM
I think the Hawks are the best place for him. I like the idea of going big for ATL. A front court of Howard/Horford/Millsap is mobile enough to switch and big enough to punish teams that try to go small. My only concern with ATL is the point. I don't have that much faith in Schroeder.
Problem is the Hawks have no cap space

hugepatsfan
07-02-2016, 12:45 PM
I think he goes to WAS. My argument for why he should choose BOS though would be...

1) BOS w/out him is better than WAS w/out him. So he's joining a better team

2) WAS would sign him and then go over the cap into the luxury tax to keep Beal. They'd be done. No flexibility really for his whole career. In addition to joining a better team, the Celtics also have cap/draft picks to get even better during his tenure there.

The key to #2 is to look at it with #1. Future flexibility isn't usually a selling point because players want to win now but when you consider #1 and then add the flexibility in that's different.

The thing is, I'm sure BOS pitched those things to him already. And he's still undecided. So that makes me think he's just not interested. And considering BOS has never signed a good free agent (I mean that literally - never), I'll believe they could land one when I see it.

I just hope we are smart with the cap space if we can't get him.

Howard_Zinn
07-02-2016, 01:01 PM
Boston's roster leaves a lot to be desired.. That coach of theirs is something else.

j-bay
07-02-2016, 01:06 PM
Would think either would be good fits. Love the Celtics as much as i do the Wizards. My dad is a big Celtics fan. I remember watching playoff games (2002 or 2003) with against the Nets with Pierce and Walker. but the Wizards need Horford more then the Cs right now unless they are really have a good shot at signing KD. As a Wizards fan i just want to see them win one. Just one. Also if the Zards don't make a big move soon, then Wall leaves. You can tell he getting frustrated

hugepatsfan
07-02-2016, 01:21 PM
I'm torn if I even want him on the Celtics TBH. Obviously he's a great player but if it's just him coming to BOS, does that really change anything? What, we lose in the 2nd round instead of the 1st round? Big ****ing deal. We need another piece. He's going into his age 30 season so if it takes us another year or two to get that needed star to really compete then we run the risk of Horford being in decline for the time when we're actually good. It might make sense to wait. But then on the other side of the coin, if we don't start adding pieces we lose our luster. I think right now we have an appeal of the perception being that we're just a couple pieces away. If we start falling back then we lose that.

I think there's an element of "right player, wrong time" for Boston with Horford. But we still have such flexibility with him that I'm willing to make the move anyway for hopes that it keeps us moving forward and ultimately more appealing to other players. I'm pulling for the move but I'll be OK if it ultimately doesn't happen.

j-bay
07-02-2016, 01:26 PM
Question. Did the Cs talk about where he will play? Cause he wants to play PF vs C

j-bay
07-02-2016, 01:30 PM
I'm torn if I even want him on the Celtics TBH. Obviously he's a great player but if it's just him coming to BOS, does that really change anything? What, we lose in the 2nd round instead of the 1st round? Big ****ing deal. We need another piece. He's going into his age 30 season so if it takes us another year or two to get that needed star to really compete then we run the risk of Horford being in decline for the time when we're actually good. It might make sense to wait. But then on the other side of the coin, if we don't start adding pieces we lose our luster. I think right now we have an appeal of the perception being that we're just a couple pieces away. If we start falling back then we lose that.

I think there's an element of "right player, wrong time" for Boston with Horford. But we still have such flexibility with him that I'm willing to make the move anyway for hopes that it keeps us moving forward and ultimately more appealing to other players. I'm pulling for the move but I'll be OK if it ultimately doesn't happen.

I think if its 4 years like people are saying, then Horford will be good 3/4 of those years. I think that final year is when you will see a decline.

hugepatsfan
07-02-2016, 01:41 PM
Question. Did the Cs talk about where he will play? Cause he wants to play PF vs C

I imagine it came up.

First... the dream scenario. If the C's let Amir/Jerebko walk, renounce Tyler Zeller, stash their #16 and #23 picks overseas as expected, and salary dump RJ Hunter/James Young... then they can sign Durant/Horford to max deals and keep open Jared Sullinger's cap hold so they can use bird rights.

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Durant/Brown
Horford/Crowder
Sullinger/Olynyk

Now obviously Durant won't be coming in all likelihood. In that case, BOS probably picks up the options on Amir and Jerebko. Extending Sullinger isn't worth it in this scenario because the cap space is more valuable. So in this lineup Horford would start at C with Amir at PF. Now, Amir is a rim protecting type so they could easily share the C responsibilities depending on matchup. Defensively they'd really be interchangeable at those spots. On offense, Amir is a PnR only player on offense really so Horford would get to be the pick and pop PF type as well.

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Crowder/Brown
Amir/Jerebko
Horford/Olynyk

Now in that second scenario, BOS is sitting on $10M+ of cap. They could opt to also decline Jerebko's $5M option and use the combined amount to sign a Center like Biyombo or Mahinmi from IND. So now it's...

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Crowder/Brown
Horford/Amir
Biyombo or Mahinmi/Olynyk

Now, this scenario takes BOS out of the running to offer a max contract next year, at least without dumping player(s). So I don't think Ainge would want to do it. You never know though.

da ThRONe
07-02-2016, 02:19 PM
Problem is the Hawks have no cap space

They'd have to make some serious cuts. I think this year and next team will have to make that decision with so much money being handed out for marginal players.

j-bay
07-02-2016, 02:19 PM
@ZachKleinWSB
Per NBA league source, Hawks have upped their offer to Al Horford & added a 5th yr. Not 5-yr Max though

Horford wants max though

thomass
07-02-2016, 02:21 PM
Hawks can go over the cap for horford. Don't forget that.

Confirmed now the Hawks have offered him 5 years, but not max money.

j-bay
07-02-2016, 02:22 PM
They'd have to make some serious cuts. I think this year and next team will have to make that decision with so much money being handed out for marginal players.

Well they would have to do it quickly. Horford is making his choice tonight.

hugepatsfan
07-02-2016, 02:34 PM
The cap hold to keep Hereford's bird rights is $18M. So ATL has to keep that much cap space open to go over the cap for him.

By my math off of Spotrac they need to clear $14.325M to have that much cap space.

They can buy out Mike Scott. Then they need to salary dump Spliter and Sefolosha. That frees up enough room. That preserves the $18M of space needed for his cap hold so then they can re-sign him to anything up to the max.

Schroeder
Korver/Bembry/Hardaway
Bazemore/Prince
Horford/Millsap
Howard/Tavares

On paper that looks pretty nice but the problem is they need to have one of their 3 best players on the bench. That team wouldn't be able to get past CLE or even TOR in the playoffs because they just don't have enough talent to be letting a guy as good as Millsap/Howard/Horford sit.

That's why I think the talks of them moving Millsap are legit. It's smart team building. They should salary dump Splitter and move Millsap for a PG and a SF. to balance out their roster. Mike Scott is a fine enough backup PF and they like Tavares from what I understand.

TheNumber37
07-02-2016, 02:53 PM
Day 2 of Free Agency:

TheNumber37
07-02-2016, 02:55 PM
Day 2 of Free Agency:

He should sign with Atlanta and The Hawls should send Paul milsap to The Celtics for Crowder, bradley, Olynynk and maybe a 2nd rounder

hugepatsfan
07-02-2016, 03:02 PM
Day 2 of Free Agency:

He should sign with Atlanta and The Hawls should send Paul milsap to The Celtics for Crowder, bradley, Olynynk and maybe a 2nd rounder

1) They don't have the cap space to sign Horford if they take that much back. Although they could free it up with other moves like buying out Mike Scott and salary dumping Splitter. So there needs to be corresponding moves with this.

2) The first point is moot because BOS won't do that. It does nothing to advance us any further. There's no point in giving up two great cheap pieces and a 3rd solid one for an expensive guy who doesn't advance you any further and will also be expensive because he's a FA after the year. I'd even argue that the move makes Boston worse next year TBH.

da ThRONe
07-02-2016, 04:06 PM
Well they would have to do it quickly. Horford is making his choice tonight.

Yeah reports are they are looking to make deals although it's to move Millsap. Which makes sense considering Millsap will opt out next year and command an even crazier deal than what they'll give Horford and Millsap will be 32 at the time.