PDA

View Full Version : Official NBA 2016 Off Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

IKnowHoops
06-22-2016, 12:19 AM
What moves through trading and free agency do you see happening this offseason?

5ass
06-22-2016, 02:55 AM
A lot! More than any other offseason in history!

mngopher35
06-22-2016, 05:52 AM
Maybe another thing people could do is say what they think might be tradeable and or what they think their team would want? Especially these next couple days I bet we hear some rumors.

For the wolves I think shabazz and the 5th pick are probably the only pieces I see/want getting traded. Bjelica, tyus, Payne could be throw ins too but I am not sure they have any value to teams really (only one of them I don't like at all is Payne). A starting pf is probably the biggest need I see for our teams future (defense rebounding shooting bring 2/3).

PhillyFaninLA
06-22-2016, 06:06 AM
For the Sixers:

Pick 1 - Ben Simmons
Pick 3 - For Okafor (there will be other parts for both teams in this deal and I don't think we move Noel, at least not in this deal), and get Dunn
We trade 24 and 26 for ?, really not sure

I believe Saric will come over.

The free agent move I read about and believe (not excited about it) is Harrison Barnes.

We will find some offense via free agency, trade, or maybe Embiid (he was approved to start scrimmaging yesterday so he should be healthy and ready for the season) and Saric will provide some of that.

I think we are a year away from really being players in free agents but all in all if this is what happens we end up with (starters listed first then just listed guys):

Dunn, Ish, McConnel
Harrison Barnes (the SF and SG are kind of interchangeable in our system if we had the talent), Staskus, Covington
Saric, Convington, Grant, Holmes, Thompson
Simmons, Noel, Embiid, Brand (I think we sign him to the back end of the bench as kind of a player coach type role
Noel, Embiid (at least early in the season there will probably be limited minutes)

That isn't completely terrible. I suspect it won't look exactly like this, I'm sure we will find another free agent or two (3 point shooters), and I believe we will end up with another first round pick or keep one of our picks in the 20's and get Bembry or someone like that. I also believe Grant and Convington are likely to be traded.

A core of Dunn, Barnes, Saric, Simmons, Noel/Embiid may be a solid core to build around and add to.

MagicBucsSox
06-22-2016, 06:24 AM
Seems like everyone on Orlando excluding Aaron Gordon is rumored in a trade but none have any validity.

WaDe03
06-22-2016, 10:10 AM
The Heat need a 3 and D SF and a legit back up big man. Hopefully we can get one of them and keep our main pieces together.

Htownballa1622
06-22-2016, 11:03 AM
I would love to trade Corey Brewer for a bag of potato chips.

I'd love to trade Beverly for some puppies.

I'd love to trade Terrence Jones for someone that doesn't get hurt while walking.

Unfortunately, none of this will happen.

WaDe03
06-22-2016, 11:58 AM

I'd love to trade Terrence Jones for someone that doesn't get hurt while walking.

What's your favorite kind of chips and dog?

Vincent
06-22-2016, 12:03 PM

Interesting, I wonder if Houston is looking to move Patrick Beverly and what they would want for him. Seems like a pretty solid contract and player.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 12:04 PM
LeBron already said he's resigning with Cleveland according to some sources.

Htownballa1622
06-22-2016, 01:28 PM
What's your favorite kind of chips and dog?

Any chips and I could use another akita (preferably female this time) haha

Htownballa1622
06-22-2016, 01:29 PM
Interesting, I wonder if Houston is looking to move Patrick Beverly and what they would want for him. Seems like a pretty solid contract and player.

He is solid for his contract but no way he should start imo.

His defense is slightly overrated and his antics get old.

He is definitely a trade chip because of that affordable contract. Love the person, don't care for the player.

mngopher35
06-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Seems like everyone on Orlando excluding Aaron Gordon is rumored in a trade but none have any validity.

Are you sure you don't wanna trade him for a pick? Picks are super valuable!

My friend asked the other day without naming superstars what would be my ideal pick/trade with #5+shabazz and I said Gordon. Told him it wouldn't happen but Rubio aetting up lavine wiggins Gordon towns would be so exciting.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 02:54 PM
Dwight is thinking about NYK... Sorry, Knick fans. I feel for you.

5ass
06-22-2016, 04:38 PM

My friend asked the other day without naming superstars what would be my ideal pick/trade with #5+shabazz and I said Gordon. Told him it wouldn't happen but Rubio aetting up lavine wiggins Gordon towns would be so exciting.

Yeah I wouldn't trade him for Lavine and 5 TBH. Towns+Gordon is the perfect front court pairing in todays NBA though.

mngopher35
06-22-2016, 04:51 PM

Yeah I wouldn't trade him for Lavine and 5 TBH. Towns+Gordon is the perfect front court pairing in todays NBA though.

I might not do that either but it's definitely closer than what I said to the right value haha. I am too curious about lavine honestly I value him higher than non wolves fans I would think.

I know, when I started thinking about it I named a couple guys and was like meh and when I thought Gordon it was exactly what I was trying to find for our roster. He would be a great fit for us and is even at the same age as most of our core on top of those skills.

5ass
06-22-2016, 05:03 PM
I might not do that either but it's definitely closer than what I said to the right value haha. I am too curious about lavine honestly I value him higher than non wolves fans I would think.

I know, when I started thinking about it I named a couple guys and was like meh and when I thought Gordon it was exactly what I was trying to find for our roster. He would be a great fit for us and is even at the same age as most of our core on top of those skills.

I'm not a fan of Lavine, but I see his potential. The Magic are deep at SG though with Oladipo, Fournier and sometimes Mario.

Gordon and Towns would make a crazy good front court though. They're both very versatile and have good size. Perfect mix IMO.

IKnowHoops
06-22-2016, 06:06 PM

Why can't we just draft Chriss and get the same athlete with same potential who may already shoot better?

mngopher35
06-22-2016, 06:10 PM

Why can't we just draft Chriss and get the same athlete with same potential who may already shoot better?

If he is there maybe we do but Gordon is far better defensively IMO and has proven himself to an extent. I don't know a ton about the prospects but I have heard some negatives on chriss and his defense/rebound i believe it was.

WaDe03
06-22-2016, 06:11 PM

Are you a wolves fan now? I thought you were die hard LeBron and whatever team he plays for.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 06:15 PM
Are you a wolves fan now? I thought you were die hard LeBron and whatever team he plays for.

So? He can be a fan of a player and a team you know.

WaDe03
06-22-2016, 06:21 PM
So? He can be a fan of a player and a team you know.

I'm not *****ing about it I was just curious because I thought he was a die hard fan of LeBrons teams. Same with you, I know your a LeBron fan but thought you were a Thunder fan and saw today you're a Knicks fan. You guys are throwing me for a loop today.

kdspurman
06-22-2016, 07:00 PM
We'll just use this thread to discuss off-season movement and stuff too

kdspurman
06-22-2016, 07:01 PM
I'm not *****ing about it I was just curious because I thought he was a die hard fan of LeBrons teams. Same with you, I know your a LeBron fan but thought you were a Thunder fan and saw today you're a Knicks fan. You guys are throwing me for a loop today.

Next thing you know we're gonna find out you aren't a Wade fan. Things will just take a crazy turn :)

WaDe03
06-22-2016, 09:56 PM
Next thing you know we're gonna find out you aren't a Wade fan. Things will just take a crazy turn :)

I'm actually an undercover Chalmers fan.

kobe4thewinbang
06-22-2016, 10:27 PM
I'm actually an undercover Chalmers fan.Chalmers is reportedly two-weeks ahead of schedule on his achilles injury. He did well in Memphis before getting hurt and hopes to be ready for training camp, although worry about his injury might cost him a bigger deal.

mrblisterdundee
06-23-2016, 12:04 AM
Eric Bledsoe is being shopped as the Suns prepare to replace him with Kris Dunn, according to the Sporting news, via CBS Sports (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-suns-have-interest-in-drafting-kris-dunn-put-eric-bledsoe-on-trade-block/).

Another young veteran who will be firmly on the trading block is Eric Bledsoe of the Suns, as Phoenix seeks to rebalance its guard-heavy roster and hopes to add frontcourt help. The Suns have interest in drafting point guard Kris Dunn of Providence with the No. 4 pick, which would give them a rookie to develop while cashing in on Bledsoe's value.
- Sporting News

Bledsoe was a borderline All-Star a few seasons ago and then signed a massive, five-year deal in 2014 with the Suns. However knee injuries have robbed Bledsoe of maximizing his full potential in Phoenix and he missed the majority of last season after having his third knee surgery. Similar to Derrick Rose, Bledsoe's prime may have already happened.
- CBS Sports

naps
06-23-2016, 01:34 AM
He is not worth nearly what they will ask for. Dude plays every other year and it will only get worse with time.

More-Than-Most
06-23-2016, 01:51 AM
Id take him.... Much better than trading for teague lol

eDush
06-23-2016, 01:56 AM
Eric Bledsoe is being shopped as the Suns prepare to replace him with Kris Dunn, according to the Sporting news, via CBS Sports (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-suns-have-interest-in-drafting-kris-dunn-put-eric-bledsoe-on-trade-block/).

Another young veteran who will be firmly on the trading block is Eric Bledsoe of the Suns, as Phoenix seeks to rebalance its guard-heavy roster and hopes to add frontcourt help. The Suns have interest in drafting point guard Kris Dunn of Providence with the No. 4 pick, which would give them a rookie to develop while cashing in on Bledsoe's value.
- Sporting News

Bledsoe was a borderline All-Star a few seasons ago and then signed a massive, five-year deal in 2014 with the Suns. However knee injuries have robbed Bledsoe of maximizing his full potential in Phoenix and he missed the majority of last season after having his third knee surgery. Similar to Derrick Rose, Bledsoe's prime may have already happened.
- CBS Sports

Barnes in a S&T for Bledsoe seem like a win win with a lot of homerism hype added to it on the table. As a bonus, we will teach ur team how to win with ball movement from our COTY Kerr on the house :nod:.

We aim to please so think about it okay?

eDush
06-23-2016, 02:01 AM
I think they would want someone in return to consummate a trade so they won't look like a fool again like giving Isaiah Thomas away to Danny Boy on a fleeced :laugh2:.

mrblisterdundee
06-23-2016, 02:12 AM
Barnes in a S&T for Bledsoe seem like a win win with a lot of homerism hype added to it on the table. As a bonus, we will teach ur team how to win with ball movement from our COTY Kerr on the house :nod:.

I don't know how quite to respond to this, but I'll take a stab. First of all, as my profile picture of late-career Scottie Pippen will show you, I am a Blazers fan. Barnes is a free agent this summer, so he's not getting traded.
Do you mean Harrison Barnes signing with Phoenix? That would be a smart move on their part. They can sell low on Eric Bledsoe and focus on Devin Booker, Barnes, Alex Len and Brandon Knight. Of course Cleveland has shot themselves in the foot with Tyson Chandler.

IKnowHoops
06-23-2016, 02:15 AM

LOL, I need to make a thread about my NBA fandom.

Two teams that I love

Spurs-Drob favorite player followed them since his Rookie year.
Wolves - I'm from MN

Lebron is my current favorite player. If he lefts the Cavs I would still cheer and hope the best for them as a franchise, just like I do Miami, but I wouldn't really care what they did.

LOb0
06-23-2016, 02:40 AM
I wouldn't give up much for this guy, too injury prone. If you could get him for a bargain I guess it would be worth the risk.

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2016, 02:48 AM
2018 first +oQuinn lol go all injuried back court. Still have enough to max someone lol

ombada
06-23-2016, 03:15 AM
This news is quite sportsy... yes, quite sportsy indeed.

Quinnsanity
06-23-2016, 03:29 AM
Brooklyn needs to jump in on this. Thad for Bledsoe. Brooklyn has so few chances to add anyone with this kind of talent.

MagicBucsSox
06-23-2016, 03:45 AM

Barnes has to wanna go there n sign. Y'all can't force him lol

eDush
06-23-2016, 04:22 AM

Barnes has to wanna go there n sign. Y'all can't force him lol
:mad: Oh yea? ...since he was one of the reasons why we didn't repeat as champions, he owe us one and should thank us for getting his max contract this off season but when in reality he doesn't worth more than what Jae had signed for....

:dance:

Stunner
06-23-2016, 04:34 AM
Think Phx would do Niko / Dunleavy / Snell and Kings pick for Bledsoe ?

I know they don't have any bigs other than Len and Chandler under contract

eDush
06-23-2016, 04:58 AM
Think Phx would do Niko / Dunleavy / Snell and Kings pick for Bledsoe ?

I know they don't have any bigs other than Len and Chandler under contract
Isn't that's why they got rid of Rose cause he is injury prone, same reason why no longer wants Bledsoe due to injuries and health?

Stunner
06-23-2016, 05:57 AM
Isn't that's why they got rid of Rose cause he is injury prone, same reason why no longer wants Bledsoe due to injuries and health?

I'll still take him tho , he's productive when playing and a bargain contract wise in the new cap era . He's a risk yea but this is the Path the front office picked choosing to retool rather than rebuild so you might as well take a chance because that's honestly all the Bulls can do right now .

maddBat
06-23-2016, 07:50 AM
Brooklyn needs to jump in on this. Thad for Bledsoe. Brooklyn has so few chances to add anyone with this kind of talent.

hoping Brooklyn jumps on this too. if not I guess theyr going to look for some1 in the draft. maybe a late flyer like felder

IndyRealist
06-23-2016, 07:58 AM

Not for the price they're gonna ask. I'm going to say they'll want a starter, a rotation player, and a 1st....or two starters.

JLynn943
06-23-2016, 10:04 AM
I've been saying the Kings should be interested in Bledsoe for forever now, so we'll see if they actually are. He and Cousins are good friends from their days at Kentucky, plus we need a point guard.

kdspurman
06-23-2016, 10:33 AM
I'm actually an undercover Chalmers fan.

:speechless:

I guess I see it, you've got a bit of that Chalmers swagger when you post

kdspurman
06-23-2016, 02:50 PM

MagicBucsSox
06-23-2016, 03:40 PM
Serge Ibaka has been put on the block

kdspurman
06-23-2016, 03:53 PM
Serge Ibaka has been put on the block

Crazy... He seems to be the 1 who hasn't improved much the last 3-4 years. Still a shot blocking mid-range shooter, but hasn't added much else to his game

Wade n Fade
06-23-2016, 04:04 PM
Ibaka and Toronto make a good match. OKC could use their #9 pick.

FlashBolt
06-23-2016, 04:41 PM
Crazy... He seems to be the 1 who hasn't improved much the last 3-4 years. Still a shot blocking mid-range shooter, but hasn't added much else to his game

Pretty much. His contract is pretty good, though. I'd keep him but it all depends on what KD does.

naps
06-23-2016, 04:53 PM
Ibaka regressed. At least his value did. No where near once it was.

kdspurman
06-23-2016, 05:00 PM
Pretty much. His contract is pretty good, though. I'd keep him but it all depends on what KD does.

Yea, though it seems they're trying to move him to move before the draft though, so who knows. Unless Durant is fine with that, but I'm sure Presti learned after the Harden trade (and the backlash) and will proceed with extreme caution lol

Biscuit
06-23-2016, 05:05 PM
Please keep this thread about how it's not going to happen and Knicks fans keep how it will happen in another thread or on your board. We need to keep it professional here.

Hawkeye15
06-23-2016, 05:17 PM
For the Sixers:

Pick 1 - Ben Simmons
Pick 3 - For Okafor (there will be other parts for both teams in this deal and I don't think we move Noel, at least not in this deal), and get Dunn
We trade 24 and 26 for ?, really not sure

I believe Saric will come over.

The free agent move I read about and believe (not excited about it) is Harrison Barnes.

We will find some offense via free agency, trade, or maybe Embiid (he was approved to start scrimmaging yesterday so he should be healthy and ready for the season) and Saric will provide some of that.

I think we are a year away from really being players in free agents but all in all if this is what happens we end up with (starters listed first then just listed guys):

Dunn, Ish, McConnel
Harrison Barnes (the SF and SG are kind of interchangeable in our system if we had the talent), Staskus, Covington
Saric, Convington, Grant, Holmes, Thompson
Simmons, Noel, Embiid, Brand (I think we sign him to the back end of the bench as kind of a player coach type role
Noel, Embiid (at least early in the season there will probably be limited minutes)

That isn't completely terrible. I suspect it won't look exactly like this, I'm sure we will find another free agent or two (3 point shooters), and I believe we will end up with another first round pick or keep one of our picks in the 20's and get Bembry or someone like that. I also believe Grant and Convington are likely to be traded.

A core of Dunn, Barnes, Saric, Simmons, Noel/Embiid may be a solid core to build around and add to.

I am really interested to see what the roster looks like in Philly when the dust settles in mid July

FlashBolt
06-23-2016, 05:20 PM
Man, what the fck are the Sixers doing with Noel/Okafor/Embiid? Jesus... these guys are just hoarders

twellner9
06-23-2016, 05:22 PM
Not sure what anyone is doing right now. All these rumors flying yet no moves. Mainly because this is a weak draft and trades are difficult because of cap rules in the NBA it seems.

WaDe03
06-23-2016, 05:49 PM

Do you guys think he will be traded or will he stay with the Bulls

KnickNyKnick
06-23-2016, 05:51 PM
I thought Butler was Chicago's Franchise player now.

FlashBolt
06-23-2016, 05:52 PM
He should go to Dallas.

WaDe03
06-23-2016, 05:53 PM
Excuse the Whiteside tweet by the way.

WaDe03
06-23-2016, 05:54 PM
He should go to Dallas.

Who would they trade though?

FlashBolt
06-23-2016, 06:01 PM
Who would they trade though?

Hope to God someone takes Wesley Matthews... cause he's terrible lol

da ThRONe
06-23-2016, 06:04 PM
I think Boston is the best place for him. Chicago should move him for a deal centered that 3rd pick.

IKnowHoops
06-23-2016, 06:04 PM
I just saw the sixers are in talks with the Twolves about draft Picks. What could sixers be offering the Twolves for there 5th pick? OKafor? I know alot of MN people dont like it but I do

KnickNyKnick
06-23-2016, 06:10 PM
If one day Jamie Foxx suited up with Bulters Jersey, could we tell the difference?

mngopher35
06-23-2016, 06:17 PM
Could always be a third team involved who likes okafor/Noel too. I would guess that's only if Dunn is there but who knows.

Toronto Homer
06-23-2016, 06:21 PM
With Rose being traded I assumed Chicago would be Butler's team now. He is fairly young with a friendly contract. I don't know why they would look to move him. Sure, anyone is available if you get blown away by an offer, but I wouldn't be shopping him.

Stunner
06-23-2016, 06:28 PM
I hope he's traded

WaDe03
06-23-2016, 06:41 PM
I hope he's traded

You don't like him?

WaDe03
06-23-2016, 06:42 PM
Hope to God someone takes Wesley Matthews... cause he's terrible lol

It's a shame too, he was one of the top 2 way SGs.

InRoseWeTrust
06-23-2016, 06:46 PM
You don't like him?

I don't think anyone hates Jimmy, but many Bulls fans (including myself) would prefer the team bottom out and undergo a full rebuild. Jimmy obviously has a ton of value right now and it may be the best time to bring in picks, young talent, etc.

IndyRealist
06-23-2016, 06:55 PM
I won't believe Butler will be in anything but a Bulls uni next season, until Woj says so. I can't imagine they'd trade him.

WaDe03
06-23-2016, 06:57 PM
I don't think anyone hates Jimmy, but many Bulls fans (including myself) would prefer the team bottom out and undergo a full rebuild. Jimmy obviously has a ton of value right now and it may be the best time to bring in picks, young talent, etc.

I've thought about Dragic and Winslow for Jimmy but for some reason I've grown fonder of Winslow during the offseason and don't know if I would like that trade for us.

Green_Monster
06-23-2016, 07:06 PM
I've thought about Dragic and Winslow for Jimmy but for some reason I've grown fonder of Winslow during the offseason and don't know if I would like that trade for us.

The Bulls wouldn't do that anyway.

WaDe03
06-23-2016, 07:31 PM
The Bulls wouldn't do that anyway.

Why's that? If they're looking to start over might as well add a player like Winslow with a ton of potential.

Green_Monster
06-23-2016, 07:35 PM
Why's that? If they're looking to start over might as well add a player like Winslow with a ton of potential.

Winslow is a good prospect but Dragic doesn't do much for them. They would get better offers.

koreancabbage
06-23-2016, 07:37 PM
like the #3 pick Kris Dunn

FlashBolt
06-23-2016, 07:42 PM
If I'm Boston, I pull the plug and take Noel. I love this kid. Plays hard and has the right attitude.

WaDe03
06-23-2016, 08:53 PM
Ibaka to the magic for sabonis oladipo and ersan

FlashBolt
06-24-2016, 02:12 PM
wtf? Wizards planning to offer Noah 4 year $120 million?!?!?!??!

lamzoka
06-24-2016, 02:21 PM
According to sources, the Wiz are locked in on making a major offer to Joakim Noah. The Wizards are said to be willing to offer Noah, coming off shoulder surgery that KOd him in January, a full maximum contract. His deal would start at $28 million and reach around $120 million over four seasons.

Holy ****!

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-free-agency-washington-wizards-joakim-noah-chicago-bulls-knicks-derrick-rose-bucks-timberwolves/1g5h2xcr8ello1ct5ne29gn4m5

its all over twitter and also reported by bleacher report.

Wade n Fade
06-24-2016, 02:24 PM
The Wizards are crazy to offer this type of $ if this is true.

Aust
06-24-2016, 02:24 PM
This is coming from a guy with 2,437 twitter followers. I'm not buying it.

FlashBolt
06-24-2016, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I'm not buying it either unless Adrian reports it... even then, $30 million for Noah is a total joke. Will cripple a franchise.

GoferKing_
06-24-2016, 02:35 PM
Need to check my calendar to see if today is April fool's day...

R. Johnson#3
06-24-2016, 02:37 PM
This is clearly a hoax. If this were real it would be the first sign of the apocalypse.

DboneG
06-24-2016, 02:50 PM
Dang...and guys thought Joakim was washed up. lol

DboneG
06-24-2016, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I'm not buying it either unless Adrian reports it... even then, $30 million for Noah is a total joke. Will cripple a franchise.

You wrong there. Joakim is a motor that never stops, warrior, fighter, hustler. Can hit his free throws. Very good defender, very good rebounder...don't need the ball to be effective. I'd pay the money!

DboneG
06-24-2016, 02:56 PM
He's not a stretch type player, nor do he have a great outside shot. But, he'll hit a few of them. Decent on pick and roll situations. Don't sleep on Joakim.

PowerHouse
06-24-2016, 02:58 PM
No way in hell is he even worth half of that.

IKnowHoops
06-24-2016, 03:15 PM
wtf? Wizards planning to offer Noah 4 year $120 million?!?!?!??!

:speechless:

WaDe03
06-24-2016, 03:39 PM
Lmao the Wizards are just desperate at this point. They're going to offer the max to Noah and Beal. Both always injured and not near anything near the max.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-24-2016, 03:44 PM
Don't they have Gortat and Nene?

nycericanguy
06-24-2016, 03:47 PM
even if he were healthy and not coming off injuries he wouldnt get $30m... that's fake.

LMA got $20m per year last year... Noah isn't getting 30 a year later.

FlashBolt
06-24-2016, 03:48 PM
You wrong there. Joakim is a motor that never stops, warrior, fighter, hustler. Can hit his free throws. Very good defender, very good rebounder...don't need the ball to be effective. I'd pay the money!

All of the things you said are true.. but they happened two years ago. He hasn't been the same player since. Good rebounder, fine, but he came off the bench and only played 29 games last season. If he gets paid max to sit on the bench then you can have him.

DboneG
06-24-2016, 03:54 PM
The quest for DURANT. Somebody put this report out there for Durant to see.

Durant is saying ok...I like it. Maybe I'll come over.

bucketss
06-24-2016, 04:00 PM
lolwizards

FlashBolt
06-24-2016, 04:01 PM
Durant said it was going to be a basketball decision. That means Washington is out.

j-bay
06-24-2016, 04:08 PM
I'm shocked for a few seconds but then i remember something. This is Ernie ******* Grunfield. The dumbest gm in basketball. This **** right here is why i'm thinking about become a full time Celtics fan.

j-bay
06-24-2016, 04:09 PM
Durant said it was going to be a basketball decision. That means Washington is out.

Don't rub it in...

europagnpilgrim
06-24-2016, 04:13 PM
If this is true D Howard is somewhere doing back flips knowing he will get something in that area if Noah gets anything remotely close to this so called accurate report

DboneG
06-24-2016, 04:23 PM
Just looking at this Wizards lineup...Durant don't sign with them. I think that's why they are saying they will sign Joakim.

So, the Wizards have to show they are trying to boost their roster. Can the Wizards beat the Cavs with Durant and this lineup below? I say no.

Alan Anderson
Bradley Beal
Jared Dudley
Jarell Eddie
Drew Gooden
Marcin Gortat
JJ Hickson
Nene Hilario
Markieff Morris
Kelly Oubre Jr.
Otto Porter Jr.
Ramon Sessions
Garrett Temple
Marcus Thornton
John Wall
Coach: Scott Brooks

GiantsSwaGG
06-24-2016, 04:27 PM
If this is true D Howard is somewhere doing back flips knowing he will get something in that area if Noah gets anything remotely close to this so called accurate report

If this true, guys like Ian Mahami are doing back flips

RowBTrice
06-24-2016, 04:34 PM
no way.........

lavell12
06-24-2016, 04:39 PM
lol

j-bay
06-24-2016, 04:40 PM
Just looking at this Wizards lineup...Durant don't sign with them. I think that's why they are saying they will sign Joakim.

So, the Wizards have to show they are trying to boost their roster. Can the Wizards beat the Cavs with Durant and this lineup below? I say no.

Alan Anderson
Bradley Beal
Jared Dudley
Jarell Eddie
Drew Gooden
Marcin Gortat
JJ Hickson
Nene Hilario
Markieff Morris
Kelly Oubre Jr.
Otto Porter Jr.
Ramon Sessions
Garrett Temple
Marcus Thornton
John Wall

We have known this for 2 months now...

FlashBolt
06-24-2016, 04:43 PM
We have known this for 2 months now...

I think it's been known for 4 but who's counting

nysportsfan23
06-24-2016, 04:58 PM
As I've said on the Knicks forum this has to be a misprint or a late April fools joke. Noah is worth 1 year 10 million, prove it deal. How would the Wizards gm not get publicly humiliated, fired, and then sent to a mental hospital if he did this.

nysportsfan23
06-24-2016, 05:01 PM
If Noah's a max player, would every FA then have to be a max player?

aman_13
06-24-2016, 05:22 PM

Alan Anderson
Bradley Beal
Jared Dudley
Jarell Eddie
Drew Gooden
Marcin Gortat
JJ Hickson
Nene Hilario
Markieff Morris
Kelly Oubre Jr.
Otto Porter Jr.
Ramon Sessions
Garrett Temple
Marcus Thornton
John Wall

You should of posted the assistants as well.

lamzoka
06-24-2016, 05:39 PM

Alan Anderson
Bradley Beal
Jared Dudley
Jarell Eddie
Drew Gooden
Marcin Gortat
JJ Hickson
Nene Hilario
Markieff Morris
Kelly Oubre Jr.
Otto Porter Jr.
Ramon Sessions
Garrett Temple
Marcus Thornton
John Wall

But can this wizards team beat the 95-96 Bulls tho?

WaDe03
06-24-2016, 06:27 PM
But can this wizards team beat the 95-96 Bulls tho?

It depends, do they go 73-9, get help from the refs, kick people in the nuts, and lose the finals after being up 3-1? If not then I doubt they can beat that Bulls team.

Scoots
06-24-2016, 11:24 PM
KD has scheduled meetings with Spurs and Warriors so far. This is going to take a while is my guess and free agency is going to be strange waiting for the big domino to fall. Once KD decides where he's going some crazy money is going to be thrown at the consolation prizes.

WaDe03
06-25-2016, 01:46 AM
KD is meeting with the Heat, Celtics, Warriors, Spurs, Clippers, and Thunder.

Vinny642
06-25-2016, 02:35 AM
If KD stays with the THunder, or goes to SAS or GS. Then that team will be favorites.
I love the Olandipo trade for OKC.

And a line up of Curry-Klay-Durant-Green is unfair

naps
06-25-2016, 02:50 AM
Whatever he does we will get to know most likely by July 9th. He is going out on business trips in Asia on 9th and his decision is expected before he leaves. Notable ommisons are the Lakers, Knicks, and Wizards. Many people were saying Lakers have a real shot at him. I am a bit surprised by this. I guess having Jim Buss run basketball scares people away.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-25-2016, 03:35 AM
Whatever he does we will get to know most likely by July 9th. He is going out on business trips in Asia on 9th and his decision is expected before he leaves. Notable ommisons are the Lakers, Knicks, and Wizards. Many people were saying Lakers have a real shot at him. I am a bit surprised by this. I guess having Jim Buss run basketball scares people away.
I think having a team full of 18 through 21 year olds scares people away.

Teeboy1487
06-25-2016, 10:02 AM
We had a shot? That's news to me.

lavell12
06-25-2016, 10:21 AM
He isn't going to sign with a team worse than the current Thunder. So kiss the Lakers, Clippers good bye.

jerellh528
06-25-2016, 12:10 PM
He isn't going to sign with a team worse than the current Thunder. So kiss the Lakers, Clippers good bye.

Kiss every team except the Warriors goodbye

jerellh528
06-25-2016, 12:11 PM

I hate when ppl quote that guy because then I have to read his stuff. Dude can seriously never ever keep the lakers and their fans out of his posts. It's why I blocked him long ago, looks like he's still up to his usual lakers baiting/trolling

Scoots
06-25-2016, 12:14 PM

And of course the Thunder.

I wonder if the East has some pull for him?

IKnowHoops
06-25-2016, 01:22 PM
If OKC got such a haul for Ibaka, Cleveland could probably get a treasure chest from the right team for love. They need to do that. Its easy to stand pat when you just won, but they could really clean up some issues and bring in a lot of talent that plays defense if they were to trade Love.

I'm all for keeping love but they need to bring in two 3 and D guys who are long and athletic, and an athletic big. Roll players of course but on the level of Igadala/livingston

naps
06-25-2016, 08:22 PM

There has been a lot of noises about him going to Lakers, including SAS saying Lakers were fav as recently as last week.

naps
06-25-2016, 08:32 PM
I hate when ppl quote that guy because then I have to read his stuff. Dude can seriously never ever keep the lakers and their fans out of his posts. It's why I blocked him long ago, looks like he's still up to his usual lakers baiting/trolling

I have nothing against the Lakers. I just never stay away from calling out the kobephiles that are obsessed with LeBron 24/7 as if he did something to their families or something. You and a few more. That has nothing to do with Lakers. I actually want them to become a good team again quickly.

Teeboy1487
06-25-2016, 08:46 PM
There has been a lot of noises about him going to Lakers, including SAS saying Lakers were fav as recently as last week.

Stephen A Smith right? LOL, he just recently said Lebron was linked to the Lakers. We all know that's not happening. The truth is, none of us expects Durant to sign with the Lakers. The Lakers will not be a competive team for a while. Durant has been adamant about wanting to win now. That in large rules the Lakers out. I've seen people hoping or speculating, but realistically, no way. Besides, we drafted a nice young Brandon Ingram who is long, has potential, and can shoot. I'm happy at the 3 right now. The Lakers need big men and glue guys.

More-Than-Most
06-25-2016, 09:28 PM

lol pretty much if we are going by what that poster said..

Warriors

Thunder/Spurs

Cavs/Healthy Heat/Healthy Clippers

Raptors

Everyone else in my opinion.

kobe4thewinbang
06-25-2016, 10:34 PM
If Durant leaves the Thunder, I think that says a lot about his character. He was the MVP a couple seasons ago and if not for an absolutely terrible collapse, they would've been in the NBA finals again after injury woes. Maybe he just wants to have fun and gauge other team's interest.

I also feel he needs to drastically improve his consistency and post play, ball handling, etc. And if he signs with the Spurs or Warriors, I see that as a sign of weakness. Yes, those teams are more stacked than OKC (even with Oladipo now) but do they really need Durant? Is he happy being a third option behind Steph & Klay? I guess he'd be 'the man' on the Spurs but I dunno how Kawhi would feel about that or Aldridge for that matter.

Now if he were to join the Celtics, that would be a new championship-studded team to take over and he would be the man, no question, but they got a lot of youngsters. It's in the east, though, so they could challenge LeBron every year. The Heat will likely resign Whiteside and Wade can still ball. Bosh might be okay, but Durant would definitely improve that team. But does he want to take over LeBron's old team, i.e. the team that beat him?

So, we'll see. I think the Celtics should chase him and maybe work out a S&T with OKC since they have so many assets.s

Cal827
06-25-2016, 10:46 PM

*Goes to NBA Standings from last season*

.....SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE :dance: :dance:

kobe4thewinbang
06-26-2016, 02:53 AM
http://heatnation.com/rumors/miami-heat-rumors-hassan-whiteside-remains-top-target-for-dallas-mavericks/

Hassan Whiteside reportedly meeting with Dallas Mavericks at start of free agency. Allegedly wrote on Snapchat that he is a [businessman that plays basketball].

Lots of people freaking out that this means he's got one foot out the door already. I can't find an actual article that says he is meeting with Dallas first, just saw it as a headline on Facebook, lol, but if omission means anything, there are no headlines that he is meeting with the Heat before other teams.

Would be nice for the Mavericks, who are rumored to maybe go after Dwight. I would definitely take Whiteside over Dwight especially at this point of Dwight's decline. Mavs need a 5 especially after DeAndre burned them.

More-Than-Most
06-26-2016, 03:06 AM
He should be a businessman first... all players should be... These owners look at these players like dollar signs. Its a business first period.... i wouldnt give him a max and think he is terribly overrated but he will get one and he should jump at it

pat trying to work his heat magic trying to get him to take a pay cut lol.

Romo2Bryant
06-26-2016, 12:20 PM
Bulls might look to trade Mike Dunleavy and Taj Gibson in the coming weeks, according to Nick Friedell from ESPN.

mngopher35
06-26-2016, 01:18 PM
Bulls might look to trade Mike Dunleavy and Taj Gibson in the coming weeks, according to Nick Friedell from ESPN.

Is it a dump to clear space for free agency? Seems like something thibs would be all over (we need a pf and shooting).

Romo2Bryant
06-26-2016, 02:45 PM
Is it a dump to clear space for free agency? Seems like something thibs would be all over (we need a pf and shooting).

I think part of the process of retooling their roster, so they're going to want some value in return. But it shouldn't take much to acquire Dunleavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eDush
06-26-2016, 03:18 PM

I think part of the process of retooling their roster, so they're going to want some value in return. But it shouldn't take much to acquire Dunleavy.

It shouldn't take much cause no one wants him unlike Barnes that up to 6 teams were willing to pay max like money for him before the post season started based on our record but that WAS before the finals. I wonder how much it had hurt him by not winning the finals cause having back to back championship rings is more impressive than just one :(

Cal827
06-26-2016, 04:55 PM
Whiteside worked his *** off the past couple seasons, it's gonna be fun what kinda contract that he'll get. I mean, he's gonna go from 900k to probably around 20 million :laugh2:... I wonder if teams still look at the block. He's a fantastic blocker, but he needs to work a little on his post defense (not horrible, but could be better). I just hope that the contract he gets doesn't make him lazy

PhillyFaninLA
06-26-2016, 05:47 PM
salaries by team http://hoopshype.com/salaries/

Raps18-19 Champ
06-26-2016, 09:06 PM
OMG I hope Brandon Jennings goes to the Rockets.

kobe4thewinbang
06-26-2016, 11:32 PM
Whiteside worked his *** off the past couple seasons, it's gonna be fun what kinda contract that he'll get. I mean, he's gonna go from 900k to probably around 20 million :laugh2:... I wonder if teams still look at the block. He's a fantastic blocker, but he needs to work a little on his post defense (not horrible, but could be better). I just hope that the contract he gets doesn't make him lazyWhiteside definitely deserves a big deal, no doubt. And he'll get one. He *might* "get lazy" but he doesn't strike me as that kind of player. This is a guy that figured out, 'hey, I'll shoot a jumper from the FT line instead' and improved his FT%. He seems like a go-getter and will likely keep that chip on his shoulder. I think whoever signs him will sign him because of his defensive impact but also his potential to be a post-proficient talent. The league might be more 3PT-friendly, but there is still a need for a post presence. See how the Warriors lost, and yes, I think blocking is still valued because that block by LeBron was insane and changed the game. Whiteside had 12 once.

Scoots
06-26-2016, 11:58 PM
OMG I hope Brandon Jennings goes to the Rockets.

I would predict on on-court fight before mid-season.

FlashBolt
06-27-2016, 11:41 AM
You have to have tough management to coach Whiteside. It's like Lance where this dude went from the Pacers and Vogel's leadership to Charlotte and then looked like he forgot how to play basketball. I hope that doesn't happen to Whiteside but he should consider resigning with Miami even if he doesn't get the max.

Scoots
06-27-2016, 03:07 PM
You have to have tough management to coach Whiteside. It's like Lance where this dude went from the Pacers and Vogel's leadership to Charlotte and then looked like he forgot how to play basketball. I hope that doesn't happen to Whiteside but he should consider resigning with Miami even if he doesn't get the max.

Whiteside is a scary prospect for any team. People forget he was benched last year ... they are just remembering the playoffs and the big numbers. Miami knows him the best ... if they don't make a hard run at him that tells you all you need to know.

TheMightyHumph
06-27-2016, 04:49 PM
Let the insanity begin.

Hawkeye15
06-27-2016, 04:52 PM
I just can't get my head wrapped around the salaries coming from this new cap. They just don't make sense.

BKLYNpigeon
06-27-2016, 05:15 PM
its basically a 30% increase in salary.

J_M_B
06-27-2016, 05:34 PM
& here I am trying to defend Dragic at 17M ahaha

5ass
06-27-2016, 05:39 PM
Not bad. 10 mill is basically the MLE, no?

elledaddy
06-27-2016, 05:50 PM
This man should not even be playing in the NBA. Not saying he shouldn't be in the NBA (won't take that from him) but he should not be in anyone's rotation. Smh

Vee-Rex
06-27-2016, 05:59 PM
This man should not even be playing in the NBA. Not saying he shouldn't be in the NBA (won't take that from him) but he should not be in anyone's rotation. Smh

I disagree.

I think he's a solid back-up point guard and offers defense, toughness, 3-point shooting, and ball-movement to a team.

Gibby23
06-27-2016, 06:18 PM
Not bad. 10 mill is basically the MLE, no?

The MLE stays the same I think.

basketballkitty
06-27-2016, 06:27 PM
I just can't get my head wrapped around the salaries coming from this new cap. They just don't make sense.

Amen Brother. I totally agree. And what is worse, 2 to 3 years from now, a lot of very good NBA vets and free agents won't be getting what a lot of these so called 3rd & 4th tier players are going to get this off season.

GoferKing_
06-27-2016, 06:27 PM
When is the next lockout?

Crackadalic
06-27-2016, 07:15 PM
If he leaves and JR goes now the cavs look much weaker.

Delly getting 10 million is equal to getting the mle. Not a big deal really

YAALREADYKNO
06-27-2016, 08:06 PM
Well Terrence Ross is getting 11 mill a year

kdspurman
06-27-2016, 10:38 PM
So there's a tweet going around that shows a DM from Whiteside to a girl he tried to pick up saying he's moving to LA soon...

No idea if it's real or not, but interesting nonetheless if true lol

HandsOnTheWheel
06-27-2016, 11:27 PM
He's headed for a nosedive if he goes to LA. An idiot dipshit who gets a 21+ million dollar salary increase who then lives in LA? Good luck.

Aust
06-27-2016, 11:52 PM
So there's a tweet going around that shows a DM from Whiteside to a girl he tried to pick up saying he's moving to LA soon...

Maybe he's getting a property there? I hear a lot of NBA players have properties in Southern California.

I hope he comes though. I'd be willing to take the gamble as there is very little I want in FA this offseason and next year's C FA class is barren.

Edit: hearing it's fake

Tony_Starks
06-28-2016, 01:11 AM
3 and D goes a long way...

HandsOnTheWheel
06-28-2016, 01:29 AM
Yep it's a fake.

IKnowHoops
06-28-2016, 01:55 AM
I have really liked everything that I have seen from Thibs so far as the Wolves coach and President. He has shown to be very resistant to trading any of the young core, which was my main concern. He drafted one of the three players I really like (Dunn, Hield, Chriss) and I was fine with anyone of them. I know many of you love Rubio and I understand, but I just don't like him as our starting PG. I absolutely love Dunn as our starting PG. 6'4" 220, long arms and hops and quickness and has skills. And it appears Thibs again is feeling the same way I am and is trying to deal Rubio. And he was in talks with the 76ers.

It just made me start to think, if Thibs is again thinking what I'm thinking, then he is trying to go get Okafor. I think Thibs knows he can make the team defense great just off of Okafor's B-ball IQ alone. But add in that Okafor is a good athlete with a big strong body, I think Thibs believe he can coach him up. Offensively that would be a beast team immediately.

PG: Dunn
SG: Lavine
SF: Wiggins
PF: Oakafor
C: KAT

This is a starting five destined to win. Philly is in the perfect situation to trade Oakafor. I don't know what else plus Rubio they would want. I would Just hold on to the young guys. But I bet Thibs would have that squad in the second round of the playoffs. And the fact that they couldn't get something done, leads me to believe that Thibs was looking for something they would not give up.

I think the Wolves have a big opportunity right now. I think if they can get an Okafor for Rubio trade done, they will start winning right away and possibly be in the western conference finals in 2 years. I know people have hated on his defense but he is very young and will be a beast as a grown man. He will be better than Cousins offensively. He will be Duncan offensively. Defensively he could be above average with Thibs easily. Would love to see a group that talented grow under Thibs.

On the other hand Ricky would be a great player to put with Noel, Embiid, and Simmons. Just like the wolves they will be better with him on the floor than off. Noel and Embiid will see the most evident results from getting Rubio.

I think both teams come out pretty good.

PG Rubio
SG Covington
SF Simmons
PF Nerlens
C Embiid

Nerlens and Embiid would be blessed to have Rubio as there PG going forward in there careers.

basketballkitty
06-28-2016, 02:09 AM
Rubio's game is terrible for the 76ers. And Rubio is not close to Okafor's value, or Noel's for that matter. But as stated, Rubio is the LAST PG that they need. Simmons is gonna control the ball. So Rubio, and his total lack of any kind of offense would be a disaster. No, the team that he is best suited for would be Sacramento. He is similar to Rondo and his game.

Romo2Bryant
06-28-2016, 02:09 AM
Wolves would have to trade Dunn

Quinnsanity
06-28-2016, 02:19 AM
He'd be great for Chicago if they really dedicated themselves to McDermott and Mirotic (or another stretchy 4, maybe Ibaka next year) as their forwards, but on a traditional team Rubio and Butler just hurt spacing too much. But man, Rubio and Butler's defense together would be nice.

Dallas is a fit but they don't have much to give up. Justin Anderson I guess. Not sure if that gets it done, but the market for Rubio isn't exactly on fire.

Orlando would love him but Elfrid Payton is a useless trade chip to them, so they'd have to keep him as the backup. Maybe a sign-and-trade for Fournier?

I'd love to see him in New Orleans, because Anthony Davis warps the court in such a way that Rubio's weaknesses can be hidden and Buddy is a great fit next to him as a shooter. Jrue is a nice trade chip, so there's definitely a three-teamer to be made here if they wanted to do it.

And then there's San Antonio. He'd be a fantastic Spur, not the finisher Tony Parker is even now, but has a lot of similar traits and could be a nice fit on both ends. The idea would be moving Tony Parker for the cap space to sign a shooting guard and then trading Danny Green for Rubio.

Memphis makes some sense as well I guess if I Conley leaves, he's played with Gasol on the Spanish National team.

So those are the teams to watch imo. Don't rule Philly out either, but I agree with the poster above, it's not a good fit.

More-Than-Most
06-28-2016, 02:35 AM
He is much better than what we have but he is crap to me and I do not want him and if we trade for him and give up anything of value I am taking my talents to LA and following Russ/Ingram until he leaves... He wants out of the wolves because they arent winning and people thinks he will be happy with us? PASS.... He has no shot and just isnt a good enough player to me or to build around.

Meth
06-28-2016, 02:57 AM
Rubio is a strange player. For a crap shooter, I'd assume he makes the Wolves worse. But they were better with him on the court. I guess his defense and rebounding makes him a plus player. I'm not sure if there's a team that's in need of him. Maybe Sacramento wants him, unless they'd rather settle with Collison (or Rondo is he resigns) as their starting point guard.

goingfor28
06-28-2016, 03:09 AM
D League where he belongs

monty77
06-28-2016, 03:24 AM
If you want expiring contracts Bulls could offer you Gibson, Dunlevy and Calderon for Rubio and Muhammad

PhillyFaninLA
06-28-2016, 06:44 AM
I said on this site before Rubio was drafted that I didn't like him...the Wolves would need to offer a good amount more for Rubio for me to consider taking him as a throw in

Mave1002
06-28-2016, 06:47 AM

I'm curious if the Pau to the Spurs rumor is gaining any steam.. is it? I duno, very unlikely that he becomes a laker again but yeah.. itd be amazing for him to retire in LA. Getting him back + a Whiteside... A+ offseason for us.

PhillyFaninLA
06-28-2016, 06:49 AM
I actually think for us (the Sixers) he makes some sense. He is the type of guy we can sign this offseason, and for $10 or $11 mil (maybe even a little bit more) for 2 or 3 years he might actually make sense.

A signing like that doesn't even bring us to the cap floor, and he could be a nice rotational piece on a growing team.

His overall skill set it solid but not special, and until we get our long term PG I don't see anything wrong with him and him and Harrison Barnes (curious to see what he can do when he is not the 3rd or 4th option) are the type of free agents we can actually sign at this point. The fact that he is from Australia might be an interesting thing for Simmons also.

mudvayne387
06-28-2016, 07:04 AM
If the Grizzlies can't re-sign Conley, I think he would be a decent fit in Memphis feeding Gasol and Randolph.

DboneG
06-28-2016, 07:26 AM
Rubio's game is terrible for the 76ers. And Rubio is not close to Okafor's value, or Noel's for that matter. But as stated, Rubio is the LAST PG that they need. Simmons is gonna control the ball. So Rubio, and his total lack of any kind of offense would be a disaster. No, the team that he is best suited for would be Sacramento. He is similar to Rondo and his game.

True, true, true. Rubio should be in the Euroleague.

DboneG
06-28-2016, 07:32 AM
D League where he belongs

Exactly. Euroleague or something. NOT THE NBA. He's like a half-step slow, no 3pt. shot, and lack good one-on-one defense. He's a role player at best. If Rubio were hitting the deck and diving for loose balls, I'd think more of him. He don't even do that!!

Vee-Rex
06-28-2016, 08:35 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Rubio's game myself. I think he's good for the Wolves right now but teams will gameplan the **** out of him in the playoffs. If he's facing one of the elite PGs of the West (Curry, CP3, Westy) in a 7 game series he would probably be a net negative on the court.

Great for now, but they would never be a serious contender with him, IMO.

kdspurman
06-28-2016, 08:44 AM
I'm curious if the Pau to the Spurs rumor is gaining any steam.. is it? I duno, very unlikely that he becomes a laker again but yeah.. itd be amazing for him to retire in LA. Getting him back + a Whiteside... A+ offseason for us.

Hearing that tweet wasn't real, but obviously still a chance for Whiteside to end up there.

Re: Pau, not much has been made of Pau to SA yet. Marc Gasol made the comment he did a couple months back on him thinking Pau would go there, and Pau said he had interest. But IDK if the Spurs do. They went for Pau a couple years ago but he chose Chicago, so who knows what'll happen.

Once Tim makes his decision we'll probably get a clearer picture

IndyRealist
06-28-2016, 08:45 AM
When is the next lockout?

The NBA is making money hand over fist. We're far more likely to get a strike than a lockout, with players taking a bigger percentage going forward.

Yanks All Day
06-28-2016, 08:50 AM
$10m a year for Matthew Dellavedova isn't a bad salary at all. He's a good defender who can shoot the ball. He's also a pretty good passer. Basically, he's exactly what you need in a backup point guard. Should he be starting? Absolutely not. But can he be a big contributor on a contending team? Obviously. He's proven that.

Golden State was just a bad matchup for him. It's along the same lines as the Kevin Love situation. It was a terrible matchup in the last series of the season, so that's what most people remember. But he just didn't match up well with Curry and he got burned for it. Other than Shaun Livingston, what backup PG in the NBA is better than Dellavedova? I can't think of many, if any. $10m seems right in this era.

If I'm the Cavs, though, I let him walk. Mo Williams already opted in, and he's a more than capable backup PG in that system. They need scorers and shooters for when LeBron runs point. Delly was good, but they don't need him at $10m+. Mo Williams at $2m will fit them just fine.

IndyRealist
06-28-2016, 08:50 AM
The MLE stays the same I think.

The mid level is $5.6m next year, not related to the cap.

DboneG
06-28-2016, 08:51 AM

Delli don't even hit the deck anymore, no floor burns...can't hit a 3pt, shot.

JasonJohnHorn
06-28-2016, 08:55 AM
It was three years ago that Lance Stephenson seemed to be on the cusp of becoming an All-Star, but the Pacers declined to go all in on a contract and the Bobcats (Hornets, whatever) picked him up. He had a terrible season with them, but this past season it looked like he was back on track.

In Clipperland, Doc wasn't giving him the minutes he deserved because he was playing his son instead, who was likely the worst player in the league getting as many minutes as he was. Lance maintained a .400+ 3-pt shot though, and was rebounding and passing well. When he moved over to Memphis, his per36 shots up to nearly 20 points a game on respectable shooting percentages, and he was posting respectable assist and rebounding numbers (though not as good as his last season with Indiana).

The Grizz have declined the player option for Lance, but at only 25-years-old, he's got room to still hit his ceilings if he finds the right fit. Where should he go to get his career back on track and reach his potential.

Cleveland? If they lose Delli they could use a combo guard and Lance could handle the point and SG. OKC? They need an upgrade from Waiters. SAS? Not they type of personality, but he'd be a great replacement for Mani. GSW? They'd give him a shot at a title. LAL? NY? Both teams might be more inclined to give him heavy minutes and the ball more than some teams. Though LAL already has a solid young SG. DET? TOR? If DM;DR leaves town, Lance could actually be an improvement in some respects.

Thoughts?

DboneG
06-28-2016, 08:56 AM
The Cavs have to let Delli walk. He won a championship. Time to part ways. It seems to me he don't have the hunger of two years ago. This is the type of guy that should have elbow pads and knee pads on! I want to see you going for loose balls like two years ago.

JasonJohnHorn
06-28-2016, 09:02 AM
My guess is that Rubio will be back in Europe when his current contract runs out.

ewing
06-28-2016, 09:03 AM
I like to see him in OKC. Just fill that roaster with mad dogs

Tony_Starks
06-28-2016, 09:04 AM
I'm not so sure his career needs to be "resurrected" per se but he definitely could use a jump start.

If it were me I'd try to link up with Vogel in Orlando. Once you get a coach that understands you and utilizes you to your best ability it's in your best interest to stick with them.

Stunner
06-28-2016, 09:08 AM
Bulls as our 6th man , he fits the need of another creator and a system where he can get up and down the court and use his passing ability . Fred would allow him to be him like Indy and Memphis did .

GiantsSwaGG
06-28-2016, 09:26 AM
Knicks as our 6th man

Tony_Starks
06-28-2016, 09:44 AM
Knicks as our 6th man

Haven't learned from the JR Spliff situation?

KeepLanceOuttaNY!

Trust me

ManRam
06-28-2016, 09:50 AM
I'm not so sure his career needs to be "resurrected" per se but he definitely could use a jump start.

If it were me I'd try to link up with Vogel in Orlando. Once you get a coach that understands you and utilizes you to your best ability it's in your best interest to stick with them.

1. I was gonna say the same thing. I don't think "resurrected" is what's gonna happen. I think he can still fill an important role when in the right situation, but if we're looking for 2014 success that's not gonna be happening.

2. He'd be a good compliment to Fournier in Orlando (assuming he's retained), but I really, really, really think the Magic need to focus more on shooting out of the 2/3 than what Lance can provide. I think the front office agrees. I wouldn't mind it though. Actually, the more I think of it the more I like it. He's a great Oladipo replacement.

rhymeratic
06-28-2016, 10:27 AM
Haven't learned from the JR Spliff situation?

KeepLanceOuttaNY!

Trust me

Lance would just start offering the "PIPE" to every IG girl he can if he came back to NYC... He should go to orlando.

Ty Fast
06-28-2016, 10:46 AM
Cavs or Thunder would be good fits. Maybe even the Pacers.

ManRam
06-28-2016, 11:44 AM
Cavs or Thunder would be good fits. Maybe even the Pacers.

Lance is still young and you'd imagine he'll be chasing money. That rules out the Cavs IMO.

IndyRealist
06-28-2016, 11:45 AM

Lance was always Larry Bird's guy, not Vogel's. For the players and the coaches, Lance was always more of a problem child who had to be handled than a solution. The only one who publicly had his back was George Hill.

Vee-Rex
06-28-2016, 12:28 PM
$10m a year for Matthew Dellavedova isn't a bad salary at all. He's a good defender who can shoot the ball. He's also a pretty good passer. Basically, he's exactly what you need in a backup point guard. Should he be starting? Absolutely not. But can he be a big contributor on a contending team? Obviously. He's proven that.

Golden State was just a bad matchup for him. It's along the same lines as the Kevin Love situation. It was a terrible matchup in the last series of the season, so that's what most people remember. But he just didn't match up well with Curry and he got burned for it. Other than Shaun Livingston, what backup PG in the NBA is better than Dellavedova? I can't think of many, if any. $10m seems right in this era.

If I'm the Cavs, though, I let him walk. Mo Williams already opted in, and he's a more than capable backup PG in that system. They need scorers and shooters for when LeBron runs point. Delly was good, but they don't need him at $10m+. Mo Williams at $2m will fit them just fine.

100% agree.

Scoots
06-28-2016, 08:17 PM
It's not the talent with Lance. It's not even the on-court mistakes. The question is what do the teams think about him off the court ... apparently they don't think enough about him to keep him around ... yet.

TheMightyHumph
06-28-2016, 09:16 PM
when they will buy him out for $500,000 dollars.

On the Nets forum I proposed a trade of Jack to Miami for Josh Roberts and a future 1st and 2nd rd pick.

Heat get capspace. Nets get tough, talented, often injured PF/C for 2 seasons, and future draft picks.

Problem is that the Nets never listen to me.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-28-2016, 09:36 PM
What are the Nets gonna do with all this cap space?

5ass
06-28-2016, 09:37 PM
I'd like the Magic to get him, but I wouldn't give up more than a couple of second round pick. Maybe add CJ Watson.

TheMightyHumph
06-28-2016, 09:44 PM
What are the Nets gonna do with all this cap space?

Spend it wisely, or save it for next season.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-28-2016, 10:02 PM
Spend it wisely, or save it for next season.

Ya, but who the hell are they gonna spend it on?

TheMightyHumph
06-28-2016, 10:18 PM
Ya, but who the hell are they gonna spend it on?

I'm hoping they will spend it on me. But in case they don't, they actually don't have to spend much of it on anyone.

Saddletramp
06-28-2016, 11:36 PM
^Brilliant analysis.

FOXHOUND
06-29-2016, 01:56 AM
To quote the legendary Michale Keaton - You wanna get nuts? Let's get nuts.

Nets waive Jarret Jack, clearing $5.8M. Nets buyout Brook Lopez, eating up $8.7M in dead space over the next 5 years to join Deron's $5.5M, but clearing $12.4M this year. This also clears the C spot. Why? You already know why...

Nets sign Dwight Howard to the max of $30.8M, finally making that Brooklyn match in hel... heaven.

Nets have about $15M left after that stunner. They use $4M for the cap holds of LeVert, Larkin and Sloan and sign all over the cap. They use $11M on Mirza Teletovic to start at PF for floor spacing and sniping. They cleverly make sure to keep even $1 under the cap so they can use the room exception of $2.9M on a decent old vet for backup PF.

Sloan, Larkin
LeVert, Ellington
Bogdanovic, Hollis-Jefferson
Teletovic-$2.9M player
DAWIGHT HOWARD IN BK

MADNESS! PANDEMONIUM! DAAAWIIIIIIIGHT HOOOOWAAAAAAAAAARD!

TheMightyHumph
06-29-2016, 02:08 AM
To quote the legendary Michale Keaton - You wanna get nuts? Let's get nuts.

Nets waive Jarret Jack, clearing $5.8M. Nets buyout Brook Lopez, eating up $8.7M in dead space over the next 5 years to join Deron's $5.5M, but clearing $12.4M this year. This also clears the C spot. Why? You already know why...

Nets sign Dwight Howard to the max of $30.8M, finally making that Brooklyn match in hel... heaven.

Nets have about $15M left after that stunner. They use $4M for the cap holds of LeVert, Larkin and Sloan and sign all over the cap. They use $11M on Mirza Teletovic to start at PF for floor spacing and sniping. They cleverly make sure to keep even $1 under the cap so they can use the room exception of $2.9M on a decent old vet for backup PF.

Sloan, Larkin
LeVert, Ellington
Bogdanovic, Hollis-Jefferson
Teletovic-$2.9M player
DAWIGHT HOWARD IN BK

MADNESS! PANDEMONIUM! DAAAWIIIIIIIGHT HOOOOWAAAAAAAAAARD!

Too much salary for Nets.

unleashthebeast
06-29-2016, 02:12 AM

On the Nets forum I proposed a trade of Jack to Miami for Josh Roberts and a future 1st and 2nd rd pick.

Heat get capspace. Nets get tough, talented, often injured PF/C for 2 seasons, and future draft picks.

We don't have any first round picks until like 2070 so you won't be getting a pick from us, haha.

FOXHOUND
06-29-2016, 02:15 AM
Too much salary for Nets.

Nah, my math is tight.

In all seriousness though, how outlandish is it to think that the Nets would buy out Lopez? lol. They would have about $45M max in cap space, if they did. Faeel the Dawight.

ombada
06-29-2016, 02:16 AM
It was three years ago that Lance Stephenson seemed to be on the cusp of becoming an All-Star, but the Pacers declined to go all in on a contract and the Bobcats (Hornets, whatever) picked him up. He had a terrible season with them, but this past season it looked like he was back on track.

Just wanted to clarify that is not what happened. We offered him the same money, actually a bit more per year, for 4 years. Thats about as much as you can go in on a ball hungry iso player with attitude problems. The news at the time was that the big money was coming in two years on the new NBA TV deal (same year Lebron signed for two years with opt out for the same reason), so Lance, being the genius he is, must have thought he would continue to develop without Larry Bird literally giving him every opportunity at success and would get a big payday after the two years with Charlotte expired. So he ultimately decided to chase the long term money, rather than the security of a 4 year contract in Indy. Now he will probably make roughly the same money we originally offered in an inflated situation, with marks against him in his failures with Charlotte and the Clippers.

On to the question at hand.

Lance has actually been going on twitter and liking all the posts talking about him returning to Indy. He loves Indianapolis and wants to come back. While i dont think he is exactly what the Pacers need in a 2 guard, he is a dynamic player and has become a pretty good shooter in the league. Reuniting him with his father figure, Bird, might be a good move for both parties if he can keep his ego in check. He could be a good 3 and D candidate, at a reasonable price, if he wasnt so damn ball dominant. He seems to have become a little better at playing without the ball, but he still loves the iso.

If we did go after him, he would be a great spark off the bench, but Stuckey would need to go. Since he is still under contract, he would need to be traded, either for money or a backup PG or something. He is on a very friendly deal.

Apparently the Pacers are also targeting Marvin Williams, and Eric Gordon.

Williams would be a great stretch 4 to backup young, but im not too keen on Gordon. His injury issues are pretty substantial.

The top choice for the Pacers in FA would be Batum if they could pry him away from Charlotte. I would think they would play him at SG and move Ellis to the bench, or trade him if there were any takers. His contract is pretty friendly too.

DboneG
06-29-2016, 07:57 AM
Lance Stephenson to the Cavs... I think this guy will perform.

Get rid of: Delli....this guy don't bring his lunch to work anymore. He took his elbow and knee pads off, he's not hitting the deck enough, his 3pt shot was off this year. Bye Delli.

Get rid of: James Jones.....Kevin said he's his greatest teammate ever...wow! That's a great compliment. JJ is not playing, he's taking up space, James Jones won championships so, buy bye! Asst. coach. , or something.

Offer Dahntay Jones, Jordan McRae, and Sasha Kaun invites to camp this fall to make the team. Nothing guaranteed.

Vee-Rex
06-29-2016, 11:11 AM
Lance Stephenson to the Cavs... I think this guy will perform.

Get rid of: Delli....this guy don't bring his lunch to work anymore. He took his elbow and knee pads off, he's not hitting the deck enough, his 3pt shot was off this year. Bye Delli.

Get rid of: James Jones.....Kevin said he's his greatest teammate ever...wow! That's a great compliment. JJ is not playing, he's taking up space, James Jones won championships so, buy bye! Asst. coach. , or something.

Offer Dahntay Jones, Jordan McRae, and Sasha Kaun invites to camp this fall to make the team. Nothing guaranteed.

Looks like we'll definitely have to let Delly walk if he's gonna command around 10million in free agency. He did wonderfully in the regular season and had his best 3pt% of his career at .410. Hopefully Mo and our rookie Kay Felder can fill in a bit (I'm definitely worried about our defense at the PG position).

Delly's playoffs was pretty bad for sure. And he wasn't even in the rotation much in the finals just because GS has so much athleticism.

I wanna keep James Jones, though. He's such a huge locker room presence. That might not mean much to some people but to a Cavs team that has been mentally fragile at times I'm sure it's important.

TheMightyHumph
06-29-2016, 12:22 PM
We don't have any first round picks until like 2070 so you won't be getting a pick from us, haha.

2019 first rounder seems available

TheMightyHumph
06-29-2016, 12:23 PM
^Brilliant analysis.

Thank you.

TheMightyHumph
06-29-2016, 12:25 PM
Nah, my math is tight.

In all seriousness though, how outlandish is it to think that the Nets would buy out Lopez? lol. They would have about $45M max in cap space, if they did. Faeel the Dawight.

Neither your math nor your suggestion is tight.

Nets have $55 mil in space right now.

DboneG
06-29-2016, 02:04 PM
"Nets waive Jarret Jack, clearing $5.8M."...... He's a good ball player. Don't know why they waived him. wow! Maybe he expressed his displeasure with the team. Jarret Jack will be a nice pickup for somebody!

ManRam
06-29-2016, 02:12 PM
Magic traded a conditional second rounder to Detroit for Jodie Meeks.

Frees up cap for Detroit, gives the Magic a bench player on a team-friendly deal. Spares them from having to dive into the FA frenzy for at least one bench spot they needed to fill. Adds some sorely needed shooting, too.

Makes sense for both teams.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-29-2016, 02:13 PM
Hope that means we don't over pay for Crawford now

DboneG
06-29-2016, 02:15 PM
Looks like we'll definitely have to let Delly walk if he's gonna command around 10million in free agency. He did wonderfully in the regular season and had his best 3pt% of his career at .410. Hopefully Mo and our rookie Kay Felder can fill in a bit (I'm definitely worried about our defense at the PG position).

Delly's playoffs was pretty bad for sure. And he wasn't even in the rotation much in the finals just because GS has so much athleticism.

I wanna keep James Jones, though. He's such a huge locker room presence. That might not mean much to some people but to a Cavs team that has been mentally fragile at times I'm sure it's important.

Hard work and hustle always will be rewarded. I just didn't see that from Delli this year. He use to bring his lunch bucket to work. I don't see a lot of internal adversity/turmoil within the Cavs team like last year. They will be focused to defend. They still need to kinda figure out the Kevin Love situation. I think Bron will let Love be more assertive...

IndyRealist
06-29-2016, 03:49 PM

I don't understand how you're getting back picks for a player you're going to waive anyway. Everyone has cap space, a nonguaranteed contract has never been less valuable than right now. Someone would take McRoberts for free, why would Miami pay to move him?

FOXHOUND
06-29-2016, 05:11 PM
Neither your math nor your suggestion is tight.

Nets have $55 mil in space right now.

Nah, you're just scared that Daaawight is coming to BK. ;)

Dwight was obviously a joke, but my math is correct based on spotrac's info when I posted that. They've updated it since, but they still have Thaddeus Young's $12M there. But with them having even more cap space then I thought... then buying out Lopez and maxing Dawight is just more plausible. :p

TheMightyHumph
06-29-2016, 05:15 PM
I don't understand how you're getting back picks for a player you're going to waive anyway. Everyone has cap space, a nonguaranteed contract has never been less valuable than right now. Someone would take McRoberts for free, why would Miami pay to move him?

If someone takes Josh for free, then you are correct. That would help the Heat a lot.

Do Pacers want to take McRoberts and help out the Heat?

TheMightyHumph
06-29-2016, 05:17 PM
Nah, you're just scared that Daaawight is coming to BK. ;)

Dwight was obviously a joke, but my math is correct based on spotrac's info when I posted that. They've updated it since, but they still have Thaddeus Young's $12M there. But with them having even more cap space then I thought... then buying out Lopez and maxing Dawight is just more plausible. :p

You have a strange grasp of the word 'plausable'.

FOXHOUND
06-29-2016, 05:22 PM

http://vlsportysexycool.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Howard-to-Nets.png

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oDICBEj6zJI/T_U3ydFjXzI/AAAAAAAAAL8/-27d6df1Udc/s1600/Dwight+Howard+Brooklyn+Nets.jpg

I'm just trolling the Nets, dude. But if they got a commitment from Dwight, and with so much cap to burn, I don't think they would hesitate to eat $8.7M a year for the next five years to dump Brook and put themselves in a position to field a winning team much sooner.

TheMightyHumph
06-29-2016, 06:07 PM
http://vlsportysexycool.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Howard-to-Nets.png

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oDICBEj6zJI/T_U3ydFjXzI/AAAAAAAAAL8/-27d6df1Udc/s1600/Dwight+Howard+Brooklyn+Nets.jpg

I'm just trolling the Nets, dude. But if they got a commitment from Dwight, and with so much cap to burn, I don't think they would hesitate to eat $8.7M a year for the next five years to dump Brook and put themselves in a position to field a winning team much sooner.

A) Nets would never stretch-waive Lopez, unless he got severely injured, and then still maybe not.

B) Having Dwight Howard doesn't put any team in a position to field a winning team much sooner.

FOXHOUND
06-29-2016, 07:22 PM
A) Nets would never stretch-waive Lopez, unless he got severely injured, and then still maybe not.

B) Having Dwight Howard doesn't put any team in a position to field a winning team much sooner.

Agreed. Ok, I'm done trolling the Nets lol. :D

nysportsfan23
06-30-2016, 12:11 AM
Noah reportedly getting a deal starting at 18. Seems hard to believe, contracts are going to be insane.

nysportsfan23
06-30-2016, 12:12 AM
Still don't know how this could be known

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-30-2016, 12:29 AM
Knicks are going to be sick in 2012 ...

I love rose and Noah and I hope they bounce back this year

RLundi
06-30-2016, 12:56 AM

Plausible.

RLundi
06-30-2016, 12:57 AM
EDIT: Nvm, stoopid PSD messing up quotes.

ewing
06-30-2016, 01:52 AM
Magic traded a conditional second rounder to Detroit for Jodie Meeks.

Frees up cap for Detroit, gives the Magic a bench player on a team-friendly deal. Spares them from having to dive into the FA frenzy for at least one bench spot they needed to fill. Adds some sorely needed shooting, too.

Makes sense for both teams.

Good deal for Orlando, Meeks is nice bench player at 6.5. he is expiring so he might only be a rental but that 2nd rounder might not make the league either. good deal for Orlando. we will see how Detroit spends there money

zn23
06-30-2016, 02:59 AM
If the Knicks goal is to pick up washed up players, they're doing an excellent job

spreadeagle
06-30-2016, 09:25 AM
The Oklahoma City Thunder are looking to open up cap room in hopes of signing free-agent power forward Al Horford, ESPN's Brian Windhorst reports.

Adding Horford, who won two NCAA championships under Thunder head coach Billy Donovan at Florida, would significantly boost their chances of re-signing Durant. ESPN's Zach Lowe adds that Durant would like to play with him.

With Horford likely to command a starting salary of nearly $30 million, the Thunder would need to shed nearly $20 million in order to carve out the requisite cap room.

Sources tell Windhorst that the team is hoping to find suitors to take on the contracts of Enes Kanter and Kyle Singler. The Thunder might also look to waive shooting guard Anthony Morrow.

Kanter makes $17 million, Singler makes $4.8 million, and Morrow has an unguaranteed figure of $3.5 million for 2016-17. Those three contracts, along with waiving Ersan Ilyasova's unguaranteed deal, could bring the Thunder close to the requisite room to sign Horford. http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1052331-report-okc-looking-to-clear-cap-room-for-horford-chase

hugepatsfan
06-30-2016, 09:26 AM
Horford will not command $30M because his max is $26.4M lol

I posted on this in the Durant thread...

If the Thunder buy out Ilyasova/Morrow, renounce all their FAs besides Durant and salary dump Kanter/Singler then they will be able to offer Horford a max deal while keeping Durant's cap hold to offer him one.

Westbrook/Payne
Roberson/Oladipo
Durant
Horford/Sabonis
Kanter

Then they have Nick Collison, Mitch McGary and Josh Huestis to round out the roster. That's only 11 guys (I considered the last cap hold for being below the minimum 12 roster spots). At that point they'd have the $2.9M room exception and obviously be a candidate for players to take less to play for.

That's a loaded team. The issue there is that Durant will want his full max next year, Westbrook is a unrestricted FA, and Adams/Oladipo/Roberson are RFAs. OKC will have to go deeeeeeeeeeeep into the luxury tax to keep that team together. Way deeper than they would have to when they balked at keeping Harden. Then there's also the issue of if Westbrook is just destined for the Lakers, which I think he is honestly.

That team is right up to the $94M cap. Durant's max next year will be like $10M higher than it is this year. Same for Westbrook. Adams/Oladipo probably get $25ish million offer sheets as restricted free agents with so much money going around. Those are like $20M raises for each. So you add about $60M to the $94M OKC would be at this year. That's $154M in team salary, without even considering a raise for Roberson, who they'd probably have to let walk.

ccugrad1
06-30-2016, 12:17 PM
Time to get ready for some big money being thrown at some very average players. I heard this morning that Kent Bazemore is looking for 16 million a year.

DR_1
06-30-2016, 12:29 PM
Time to get ready for some big money being thrown at some very average players. I heard this morning that Kent Bazemore is looking for 16 million a year.

Lol wut? He's decent but man

TheMightyHumph
06-30-2016, 12:30 PM
Knicks are going to be sick in 2012 ...

I love rose and Noah and I hope they bounce back this year

Sick as in not healthy?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-30-2016, 12:56 PM
Sick as in not healthy?

Lol that's why I said "in 2012"

Aust
06-30-2016, 01:16 PM
Horford will not command $30M because his max is $26.4M lol

I posted on this in the Durant thread...

How will they dump that Singler contract?

I don't get the Westbrook Laker talk. What other connection is there besides UCLA?

ManRam
06-30-2016, 01:27 PM
How will they dump that Singler contract?

I don't get the Westbrook Laker talk. What other connection is there besides UCLA?

I mean, he's from LA. Some people still think that really matters. Maybe for some players it does, but we do this dance all the time and very, very, very rarely do players end up going "home". Especially when "home" only has a bad team.

robdog_5
06-30-2016, 01:29 PM
Nba teams need to be frugal this off season if not your going to have some 8th mans making all star $. Especially going into next year when it jumps again. When guys like Parsons want max $ laugh but somebody will probably give it to him

hugepatsfan
06-30-2016, 01:34 PM
I mean, he's from LA. Some people still think that really matters. Maybe for some players it does, but we do this dance all the time and very, very, very rarely do players end up going "home". Especially when "home" only has a bad team.

He just seems like that type of guy to me honestly. Also, with all the fashion interest he has I think he's someone who would want to be in a big market (like Melo is married to being in NY). Market doesn't matter for the basketball side of things but it absolutely does for the side endeavors such as Westbrook's fashion obsession. I don't really base it on fact but I just have a strong hunch it happens. Seems like a case where it makes sense. I don't preach it as fact though.

RLundi
06-30-2016, 04:22 PM
Lol that's why I said "in 2012"

:laugh2:

Slug3
06-30-2016, 04:50 PM
With all this money being thrown around I really hope we don't have to hear the owners complain about spending this money they are so eager to spend.

Aust
06-30-2016, 04:59 PM
Chris Haynes ‏@ChrisBHaynes 3m

Portland to meet with Dallas free agent Chandler Parsons in LA on July 1 with Damian Lillard in attendance, sources inform @clevelanddotcom.

Lillard, CJ and Parsons would make for a nice shooting trio.

IKnowHoops
06-30-2016, 06:14 PM
Could a Love for Butler Trade happen?

thomass
06-30-2016, 06:19 PM
Parsons is going to get crazy money too. I wonder if someone is gonna throw him a max. Either way, throwing that much money for 15 ppg with his injury history is risky.

As a hawks fan, I'm kinda hoping horford moves on, unless we can somehow land Durrant, which is not going to happen. I wouldn't mind seeing him go to okc to team up with KD and his old college coach.

hugepatsfan
06-30-2016, 06:43 PM
Lillard, CJ and Parsons would make for a nice shooting trio.

They're after Whiteside and his shot blocking down low would help cover for those guys on D.

mia1619
06-30-2016, 06:56 PM
As a Heat fan, I'm looking at what we could do, and my favorite scenario would be if we could get Conley and Horford to work with us and just let white side go.

Horford is a better player than Whiteside and a better option for us offensively cause we struggled to get our shots at some points and he is a better passer.

If Conley says to Memphis, "i'm not coming back but i'm going to miami and they would need to trade Dragic and MCroberts, you can lose me for nothing or get something back and use up some of your cap room." I think Memphis would highly consider that.

Granted it would require Horford and Conley taking a little bit less than they can get on the open market but that team would be a contender, obviously provided that Chris Bosh can stay healthy. Anything the Heat do next year, if they were to win, would be with Chris Bosh playing and healthy because, if he's not, you're not gonna win regardless so you might as well go for it and go all in as if he will be healthy.

We could put together the following lineup:

Conley (18 Mil)/ Richardson (1 mil)/ Weber (minimum)
Wade (17 mil)/Tyler Johnson (5.4 mil)/
Winslow/ (maybe Joe Johnson or Deng back)
Bosh/Haslem
Horford (20 mil)

And you would be able to recruit veterans to play for the minimum for this team. I like that team a lot both defensively and offensively for so many reasons. I'm very ok with Whiteside leaving if Horford were to replace him.

hugepatsfan
06-30-2016, 07:08 PM
As a Heat fan, I'm looking at what we could do, and my favorite scenario would be if we could get Conley and Horford to work with us and just let white side go.

Horford is a better player than Whiteside and a better option for us offensively cause we struggled to get our shots at some points and he is a better passer.

If Conley says to Memphis, "i'm not coming back but i'm going to miami and they would need to trade Dragic and MCroberts, you can lose me for nothing or get something back and use up some of your cap room." I think Memphis would highly consider that.

Granted it would require Horford and Conley taking a little bit less than they can get on the open market but that team would be a contender, obviously provided that Chris Bosh can stay healthy. Anything the Heat do next year, if they were to win, would be with Chris Bosh playing and healthy because, if he's not, you're not gonna win regardless so you might as well go for it and go all in as if he will be healthy.

We could put together the following lineup:

Conley (18 Mil)/ Richardson (1 mil)/ Weber (minimum)
Wade (17 mil)/Tyler Johnson (5.4 mil)/
Winslow/ (maybe Joe Johnson or Deng back)
Bosh/Haslem
Horford (20 mil)

And you would be able to recruit veterans to play for the minimum for this team. I like that team a lot both defensively and offensively for so many reasons. I'm very ok with Whiteside leaving if Horford were to replace him.

So Horford takes a $6.4M payout and Conley takes $8.4M less... I highly doubt that. You'd need to let Tyler Johnson go and then Wade take about $5M less. With not state tax in MIA and it being a great place I bet you can get those guys to take a little less but not the extent you have them.

hugepatsfan
06-30-2016, 09:56 PM
Amir Johnson ($12M) and Jonas Jerebko ($5M) had fully non-guaranteed deals that became fully guaranteed on July 3rd. They agreed to push back that date to July 7th in order to give the front office extra time to sort out their potential FA signings. They agreed to let themselves sit in no man's land as BOS's fall back plan to all other options for a couple of days. Really cool of them to do that for us.

numba1CHANGsta
06-30-2016, 10:04 PM
Could a Love for Butler Trade happen?

Are you sure you know hoops? :facepalm: