PDA

View Full Version : Could you see Dirk leaving the Mavs?

Ty Fast
06-21-2016, 10:02 PM
He opted out of his contract today. I think he'll stay. He will just get more money or years. If you think he might leave where do you see him going? I could see him on the Spurs if he left.

ManRam
06-21-2016, 10:21 PM
no. next question.

DboneG
06-21-2016, 10:31 PM
Dirk isn't going anywhere...He opted out just in case there's a crazy scenario like LeBron and Durant coming over to play for Dallas. Restructuring his contract won't be an issue to make that happen. Real Big Three!
Dirk is a Mav for life.

YAALREADYKNO
06-21-2016, 10:34 PM
Dirk isn't going anywhere...He opted out just in case there's a crazy scenario like LeBron and Durant coming over to play for Dallas. Restructuring his contract won't be an issue to make that happen. Real Big Three!
Dirk is a Mav for life.

Yeah Lebron and Durant isn't happening for Dallas but Dwight Howard might be a legit free agent the mavs could land lmao

YAALREADYKNO
06-21-2016, 10:35 PM
I just can't imagine Dirk in another jersey but anything could happen especially if the Mavs don't make any moves and Golden State or some elite team like that throws him a crazy contract

KingstonHawke
06-21-2016, 10:57 PM
It wont happen, but I would love if the Spurs signed both Dirk and Pau. I would give the Mavs and Bulls all the picks and cash they would let me for them to take Green and Diaw.

lakerfan85
06-21-2016, 11:19 PM
Dirk isn't leaving the Mavs..

europagnpilgrim
06-22-2016, 12:06 AM
I just can't imagine Dirk in another jersey but anything could happen especially if the Mavs don't make any moves and Golden State or some elite team like that throws him a crazy contract

especially when you just think about all the true legends of the game and majority of them all played for another team outside of maybe a couple handful, and I am talking about going back to the Mikan/Russell days to trace the number of legendary/HOF players

I mean if Jordan can play for another team then its not so far fetched, Kobe almost did it going to Clippers/Bulls, Duncan was almost in Orlando to team up with G Hill/Tmac so it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit since it would be more of a K Malone type move to try and win a ring on his last leg of his HOF career since Dallas is more of a rebuild/fringe playoff type phase as compared in the past when Dirk could carry a heavier load and they were legit contenders for a nice stretch once upon a time, had it not been for the Lakers/Spurs they would have probably reached for Finals app.

he probably stays since the red carpet is laid out for him in Dallas and he got his ring there, why leave where you are treated like royalty

but like you said if money/elite team comes a calling that would be too tempting at his age/level of dominance to pass up and try for one more champagne shower

eDush
06-22-2016, 12:19 AM
Dirk is staying if Cuban ask him to stay unlike D.Jordan cause he is as loyal of a player as they come and a class act and loves Dallas :nod:.

Redrum187
06-22-2016, 12:50 AM
Would Satan ever repent and and worship God?

Would Donald Trump ever stop acting like a d bag?

Would Hillary Clinton ever own up to the emails and to Benghazi?

Would Bernie Sanders run for the 2020 Republican nomination?

McAllen Tx
06-22-2016, 08:02 AM
Dirk isnt going anywhere. He is 1 player (along with Duncan & Wade) who deserve the Kobe treatment. In all honesty, Dallas isnt in anyway a contender, even if they sign Howard. Other then him (Howard) I dont see any other top FA going to Dallas. They have no trading assets and Mathews contract is gonna be more of an anchor then anything.

Give Dirk a thank you 2 year $50 million contract and tank like hell for the next 2 years. Dirk would then pass Kobe for most seasons with 1 team.

Either that or Cuban should give Dirk his blessing to sign on with a contender.

Get your money Dirk, you have nothing to prove. Getting rings by jumping on other teams coattails are cheap IMO.

Munkeysuit
06-22-2016, 08:41 AM
He's a Maverick for life! Dude has nearly $150 million in career earnings, he could have left for another team in his prime and maybe have gotten more rings from it, why in the world would he do it now?

R. Johnson#3
06-22-2016, 08:50 AM
He already has a championship, is the greatest player in Mavericks history and is universally loved by everybody in the organization. If he leaves I'll be shocked.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 09:05 AM
He isn't going anywhere. Half his life with the Mavs. If he was going to chase a title, he would have done it years ago.

YAALREADYKNO
06-22-2016, 10:54 AM
He said in the summer of 2010 if the heat came calling he would've really considered it

Hawkeye15
06-22-2016, 10:56 AM
nah, I can't imagine he leaves.

JeffroIce
06-22-2016, 03:24 PM
I wish he would. Infact he should've left like 2-3 years ago. The Mavs have not really been good in the last 5 years. Managment, coaching, drafting, free agency, everything. At some point you have to want to win.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 03:25 PM
I wish he would. Infact he should've left like 2-3 years ago. The Mavs have not really been good in the last 5 years. Managment, coaching, drafting, free agency, everything. At some point you have to want to win.

Their coaching is A+. Agreed on the rest.

JeffroIce
06-22-2016, 03:29 PM
Their coaching is A+. Agreed on the rest.

why did he never play Aminu until Parsons got hurt in the playoffs. then come to find out Aminu is a really good player that makes a lot of things happen.

Why does he still play players like Devin Harris 25 minutes every night and give them 6-7 shots every night.

Why did he never play Justin Anderson when it was apparent the Mavs needed some athleticism in the lineup and more defense.

Stop clowning man. carlisle is stuck in 1986 with the Celtics that never played young players.

YAALREADYKNO
06-22-2016, 06:07 PM
why did he never play Aminu until Parsons got hurt in the playoffs. then come to find out Aminu is a really good player that makes a lot of things happen.

Why does he still play players like Devin Harris 25 minutes every night and give them 6-7 shots every night.

Why did he never play Justin Anderson when it was apparent the Mavs needed some athleticism in the lineup and more defense.

Stop clowning man. carlisle is stuck in 1986 with the Celtics that never played young players.

You're under rating Carlisle man smh. Every coach has his flaw and his is he trusts veterans more than young guys even if it makes more sense to keep playing the young guy.
It's just like me saying why didn't pop(who's considered to be a top 2-3 coach of all time) didn't put Tim Duncan at the end of game 6 in 2013?

Ty Fast
06-22-2016, 06:38 PM
He said in the summer of 2010 if the heat came calling he would've really considered it

Bron, Dirk, and Wade. Damn that would have been sweet :)

YAALREADYKNO
06-22-2016, 06:39 PM
Bron, Dirk, and Wade. Damn that would have been sweet :)

It worked out for the better though lol

eDush
06-25-2016, 10:39 AM
He would never leave Dallas ever! :dance2:

JasonJohnHorn
06-25-2016, 11:40 AM
I think that people are underestimating the competitive drive that is in any athlete. People don't want to do a victory lap, which is really what Dirk has been doing the last couple of seasons: they want to win!

He's playing well, but wasting the twilight of his career on a mediocre team. It is hard to maintain motivation in situations like that, and the Mavs have failed to put a contender together despite having cap space to do so.

I feel like if KD jumps to GSW or SAS, there is a strong chance that Dirk will follow and show that he still has what it takes to contribute to a championship team.

As much as I'd like to see him stay with the Mavs, I would respect his choice to leave and go to a contender because I think it is sad to watch him waste what little time he has left on a team that is clearly not going to be contending for a title, and has failed to capitalize on free agency, the draft, and trades.

I understand that being a middle-of-the-pack team, especially in the West, makes it hard to improve, so I don't fault the Mavs ownership or front office for that, but the facts are the facts.

As a competitor, do you want to settle for a first round exit in what could be your final season? Or do you want to show people that you have what it takes to help a team be a champion?

eDush
06-25-2016, 04:05 PM
I think that people are underestimating the competitive drive that is in any athlete. People don't want to do a victory lap, which is really what Dirk has been doing the last couple of seasons: they want to win!

He's playing well, but wasting the twilight of his career on a mediocre team. It is hard to maintain motivation in situations like that, and the Mavs have failed to put a contender together despite having cap space to do so.

I feel like if KD jumps to GSW or SAS, there is a strong chance that Dirk will follow and show that he still has what it takes to contribute to a championship team.

As much as I'd like to see him stay with the Mavs, I would respect his choice to leave and go to a contender because I think it is sad to watch him waste what little time he has left on a team that is clearly not going to be contending for a title, and has failed to capitalize on free agency, the draft, and trades.

I understand that being a middle-of-the-pack team, especially in the West, makes it hard to improve, so I don't fault the Mavs ownership or front office for that, but the facts are the facts.

As a competitor, do you want to settle for a first round exit in what could be your final season? Or do you want to show people that you have what it takes to help a team be a champion?
Again, Dirk will NEVER leave the Mavs if Cuban wants him to stay. You can bet your house on that :nod:.