PDA

View Full Version : Celtics-sixers trade talks heating up

More-Than-Most
06-20-2016, 10:30 PM
http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/Gary-Tanguay-Boston-Celtics-Philadelphia-76ers-trade-talks-heating-up

This will be a fun 3 days Sixers really really love dunn and that makes me happy because I have fallen in love with him and his kobe like work ethic/mentality.... If this isnt thread worthy put it in the other thread mods sorry.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2016, 10:32 PM
I actually think we are gonna either trade Oka straight up for the 3 or add more to it now because of how much we want dunn and want to get rid of 1 of noel/oka

5ass
06-20-2016, 10:39 PM
I like Dunn to the sixers, he should be more NBA ready than most rookies since he's 22. They could use his immediate contributions. they need to get some shooters though to surround Dunn and Simmons.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2016, 11:04 PM
I actually think we are gonna either trade Oka straight up for the 3 or add more to it now because of how much we want dunn and want to get rid of 1 of noel/oka

I think it will be straight up. Only thing that will stop it is a Jimmy Butler trade to the Celtics instead. The Celtics can trade for Butler and then offer Durant/Horford to max deals. #3, Bradley, 2017 BRK pick, RJ Hunter, #16. Then include James Young or salary dump him. Trade Olynyk + 2nd rounder(s) to Utah for Jeff Withey. That will leave them enough cap space. If they can do that deal I think they will and then that report of Durant giving BOS a wish list might come into play - I imagine Butler/Horford are on it.

BUT, if not that, I think Okafor gets dealt for #3.

PHI will want more because they know Okafor is more valuable to BOS than any of the #3 pick candidates. BOS will want more because they know Dunn is more valuable to PHI than Okafor is. In the end, both will recognize that a straight up deal makes them better than not.

basketballkitty
06-20-2016, 11:05 PM
I can guarantee you that Philly does not ADD to Okafor to get # 3. I mean how ridiculous are you people ? Okafor is a proven..probably the best proven Big at 20 that there ever has been. If in this draft, he may not unseat Simmons...who has Lebron like skills and even better athleticism. But no way does Ingram go ahead of Okafor...anyone thinking differently needs to seek mental help ASAP.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2016, 11:11 PM
I can guarantee you that Philly does not ADD to Okafor to get # 3. I mean how ridiculous are you people ? Okafor is a proven..probably the best proven Big at 20 that there ever has been. If in this draft, he may not unseat Simmons...who has Lebron like skills and even better athleticism. But no way does Ingram go ahead of Okafor...anyone thinking differently needs to seek mental help ASAP.

Nobody disagrees that oka is more valuable than the 3.... Its the fact that we have Noel/Embiid and Noel nor Embiid have the same stock as OKA even though both are better for our team with Embiid having far more upside than both combined.... We NEED to trade 1... If noel is only getting us a mid first at best or a ****ing teague you have to trade OKA for the 3 esp with how much we love Dunn. So yes OKA has much more value than the 3 but no to the sixers.

I also think it will be OKA for the 3 straight up.

5ass
06-20-2016, 11:28 PM
Nobody disagrees that oka is more valuable than the 3.... Its the fact that we have Noel/Embiid and Noel nor Embiid have the same stock as OKA even though both are better for our team with Embiid having far more upside than both combined.... We NEED to trade 1... If noel is only getting us a mid first at best or a ****ing teague you have to trade OKA for the 3 esp with how much we love Dunn. So yes OKA has much more value than the 3 but no to the sixers.

Could even target more pieces from the Celtics. Crowder would be nice, but it'd probably cost Saric. Saric+Okafor+Covington for Crowder+Dunn+Olynyk? I like this for both teams. Sixers get some vet presence, defense and shooting. Celtics raise their ceiling potential. Saric could take on that Evan Turner role on offense. Let Okafor develop, and Covington is a replacement for Crowder.

beasted86
06-20-2016, 11:31 PM
I think it's a fair enough trade for both sides if it happens. My question though is who do the Celtics put around Thomas/Okafor? Seems like an odd pairing.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2016, 11:33 PM
As an embiid guy it needs to happen... I dont want both OKA/Noel taking minutes from Embiid.... Get rid of OKA and Embiid is our starting center

hugepatsfan
06-20-2016, 11:46 PM
Could even target more pieces from the Celtics. Crowder would be nice, but it'd probably cost Saric. Saric+Okafor+Covington for Crowder+Dunn+Olynyk? I like this for both teams. Sixers get some vet presence, defense and shooting. Celtics raise their ceiling potential. Saric could take on that Evan Turner role on offense. Let Okafor develop, and Covington is a replacement for Crowder.

Really interesting proposal. Sarin has a lot of upside. Crowder is a really good player though.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/crowdja01/gamelog/2016/

That's a link to his game logs. You can see the long absence for the ankle injury. The before/after splits are drastic. Look at the before though... 45% shooting, 35% from 3. 5 rebounds. 2 assists, 2 steals. He does a little bit of everything. He plays great defense.

But at the same time, Saric probably has more upside. Covington is a better shooter. It's a tough call. If PHI is in though, I think I would be.

Cal827
06-20-2016, 11:46 PM
As an embiid guy it needs to happen... I dont want both OKA/Noel taking minutes from Embiid.... Get rid of OKA and Embiid is our starting center

How is Embiid's recovery going?

IKnowHoops
06-20-2016, 11:53 PM

You're on crack

Shammyguy3
06-21-2016, 12:13 AM

How in the world is Okafor the best proven big at age 20 the game has ever seen

LOb0
06-21-2016, 12:17 AM

Lmao ever. And Simmons better athletically than LeBron?

*Silver&Black*
06-21-2016, 12:19 AM

Not even true in his own draft class.

numba1CHANGsta
06-21-2016, 12:26 AM
Yes please! dump Okafor to the Celtics :)

hotdalton18
06-21-2016, 12:27 AM
76ers would be dumb as hell

Okafor is clearly there best player

eDush
06-21-2016, 01:36 AM

I would do that trade in a NY minute if I was a Sixers GM cause of my love for Chowder :love:. I would have got him if I was the Warriors GM years ago when he was still with Dallas by trading Barnes for him and Cuban would have jumped at it and you know it.

More-Than-Most
06-21-2016, 01:42 AM

Yes he is RIGHT NOW.... Healthy Embiid------------------->OKA........ You cant have Noel/OKA/Embiid.... Embiid wont get you any value because he hasnt played a game but he has more potential than just about anyone over the years... so you cant trade him.... Now it comes down to noel/oka... Noel will get you teague or a 15-25 pick where oka will get you a top 5 pick.... Its a no brainer.

More-Than-Most
06-21-2016, 01:44 AM

its not that big of stretch when you look at bron then compared to him.... bron has the edge but i can understand the comparison.

More-Than-Most
06-21-2016, 01:46 AM

its not worth man.... I think OKA has great potential and gets hated on by alot of people because of plus/minus which in itself is ******** but for all the people that underrate him there are some that think he walks on water and he is one of them.... Oka has great potential and will be a 20/10 who commands double teams most of the time.... His value will be maximized by a team that can play his style and cover his defensive holes..... There might not be 2 worst defensive players drafted last year than Oka and Russ.

The celtics love or hate them and I hate them have the perfect team right now to maximize his potential that he will be a 20/10 guy as soon as next year.

mohye
06-21-2016, 02:54 AM

Okafor sucks. Huge defensive liability. Will never be on a championship team unless he improves his defense drastically.

hotdalton18
06-21-2016, 03:01 AM

its not that big of stretch when you look at bron then compared to him.... bron has the edge but i can understand the comparison.

Bron is faster , stronger and jumps higher

There athleticism is not comparable

hotdalton18
06-21-2016, 03:02 AM

Yes he is RIGHT NOW.... Healthy Embiid------------------->OKA........ You cant have Noel/OKA/Embiid.... Embiid wont get you any value because he hasnt played a game but he has more potential than just about anyone over the years... so you cant trade him.... Now it comes down to noel/oka... Noel will get you teague or a 15-25 pick where oka will get you a top 5 pick.... Its a no brainer.

Noel is dumpster juice and Embidd hasn't played in 2 years and could also be injured at any moment again

Okafor should be the guy who stays and builds with Simmons

jerellh528
06-21-2016, 03:03 AM
Good trade for both teams if straight up. Celtics get more scoring and an inside presence they need. Sixers finally get a guard, and one that looks like he can contribute on both sides of the ball and should turn into a hell of a player. Trade makes a lot of sense if true

More-Than-Most
06-21-2016, 03:04 AM
Bron is faster , stronger and jumps higher

There athleticism is not comparable

would you like to see a video of simmons in highschool and last year compared to james in highschool and his rookie season? I am the biggest bron lover.... you have the wrong james in your head.

Its like people dont even take the time and do their homework before throwing out an opinion...

http://thatsenuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/nba_g_ljamests_576.jpg

You dont normally come into the league a beast.... You get here and after the first 2 seasons start to really become beastly athletically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT6p8DujDB0

And I am not even a Simmons guy.... I think Ingram is the much safer pick but simmons has way more potential.... He has the lebron skill set and athletically their not that far apart at all.

YoungOne
06-21-2016, 03:48 AM
I dont want okafor, he doesnt fit in our system at all, maybe if we ship him out in another deal afterwards it would be worth it...

PhillyFaninLA
06-21-2016, 06:25 AM
would you like to see a video of simmons in highschool and last year compared to james in highschool and his rookie season? I am the biggest bron lover.... you have the wrong james in your head.

Its like people dont even take the time and do their homework before throwing out an opinion...

http://thatsenuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/nba_g_ljamests_576.jpg

You dont normally come into the league a beast.... You get here and after the first 2 seasons start to really become beastly athletically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT6p8DujDB0

And I am not even a Simmons guy.... I think Ingram is the much safer pick but simmons has way more potential.... He has the lebron skill set and athletically their not that far apart at all.

I've been on the fence because of the bolded on what I want us to do. After watching the finals I think the overall skill set of Simmons is worth it. My fear with Simmons is that he is a Derrick Coleman or a Sam Bradford, but if Simmons will put in the work he could be special. Ingram is safe and already works his butt off and will always be the better offensive player.

I think you have to take Simmons and trust that you can keep him working hard and not just leaning on his talent.

PAOboston
06-21-2016, 07:55 AM
I don't really have much interest in Okafor nor do I think he'd be a good fit for Boston. If Philly wants the 3 that bad, they are going to have to pay for it. Gimme Noel + some other prospects/picks and you can have the 3.

eDush
06-21-2016, 08:10 AM
I don't really have much interest in Okafor nor do I think he'd be a good fit for Boston. If Philly wants the 3 that bad, they are going to have to pay for it. Gimme Noel + some other prospects/picks and you can have the 3.
For Chowder and 3, you can have Covington, Grant and Noel.

Forever35
06-21-2016, 08:14 AM
Noel and #24 for #3 and #31...

I also think, once Philly takes Simmons the Lakers will be on the phone to move the 2nd pick for Okafor and #26 which will give Philly and Colangelo the first 3 picks in the draft...

Simmons-Ingram-Dunn for Philly... That would definitely be a first...

NBA is happy that Philly should finally be relevant again and the Lakers will get their typical big time center...

The icing on the cake will be the Nets being the worst team for the next 2 years and the C's get the #1 pick in '17 and '18... The storied franchise will reign again...

PAOboston
06-21-2016, 08:26 AM

I don't think the C's would trade Crowder for that. That's kind of an overpay on their end.

CeltBruinSoxFan
06-21-2016, 08:58 AM
#3 should not go to PHI for any of their players. Okafor is garbage defensively, but has really, really good offensive skills for a big man. Still not worth giving up #3. It would have to be Okafor and a pick for #3. If anything, you give them #16, #31 and James Young for Noel.

With all the hype surrounding Dunn, Danny may have more leverage in trade talks than realized. Heard Bulls want Dunn bad too. The more hype Dunn gets, the more it will cost a team to move to #3.

hugepatsfan
06-21-2016, 09:22 AM
Okafor has INCREDIBLE post skills and a good face up game. But he has a TON of development to do before his game fits at all into a winning team concept. He doesn't play off of others on offense. He doesn't space the floor for anyone else. Defensively he's poor at the rim and on the perimeter. He doesn't rebound well - especially considering his game works best next to stretch 4s who generally aren't great rebounders.

All of the #3 pick candidates have warts, but for those reasons I wouldn't give up #3 PLUS for him. If it's #3 straight up, I'll gamble on sorting out Okafor's warts over any of the rookies. But for a package beyond that, I'll take my chances with the warts of a Jaylen Brown or Marquese Chriss and keep the rest of the package it would take.

TheDish87
06-21-2016, 09:27 AM
Okafor rebounds fine and is solid man to man in the paint. Too many people talk about him like hes some finished product, almost all rooks struggle on D, its an adjustment especially for a guy who has never really had to bother bcuz he was always carrying the offensive load. I think you will se an improved player on that, now how much who knows but i think it will be noticeable.

i dont care how you slice it when you avg 17/7.5/1.2 blk on 50% shooting as a rookie you sure as **** arent garbage especially while playing with the least talented team in the league.

TheDish87
06-21-2016, 09:29 AM
as for the trade i do thin Okafor is worth a little more than just #3 especially when Boston has no interest in anyone in that range. Also have to consider Okafor is the younger player too and as much as I love and want Dunn i dont think him for Okafor straight up is an even trade.

lavell12
06-21-2016, 09:30 AM
As a Duke fan I can tell you that Oakfor is a better prospect than Ingram so trading the 3 is a no doubter if your the Celtics, your getting a guy who has proven he can score at the NBA level and is a better prospect than the likely number 2 pick.

hugepatsfan
06-21-2016, 09:42 AM
Okafor rebounds fine and is solid man to man in the paint. Too many people talk about him like hes some finished product, almost all rooks struggle on D, its an adjustment especially for a guy who has never really had to bother bcuz he was always carrying the offensive load. I think you will se an improved player on that, now how much who knows but i think it will be noticeable.

i dont care how you slice it when you avg 17/7.5/1.2 blk on 50% shooting as a rookie you sure as **** arent garbage especially while playing with the least talented team in the league.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2016/2/4/10896008/sixers-okafor-rebounding-bad

That's an article that talks about his rebounding. Granted, it's as of February but it's the first thing that came up for an "Jahlil Okafor rebounding" search. I think it makes my point. You'll see there that even with Noel off the court, he still wasn't very good so the argument that Noel steals rebound from him. It also explains that in college, against inferior competition to the NBA, he was only a good not great rebounder. So in the pros it makes sense he'd be worse that that.

No one is saying that Okafor is garbage. People are just saying he isn't worth a mega haul. You said it yourself that he's worth A LITTLE more than #3. I think most have agreed with that. It's just that if that little bit more is a Smart or a Bradley or Crowder or another good pick like PHI fans are asking for then it's not worth it for Boston.

Anyways, the report I read was that BOS prefers Noel to Okafor anyway, probably because of the concerns over how Okafor's game fits within a winning team. Right now he's just a talent to put up nice counting stat scoring numbers. Like I said, he has a lot of developments to make before he fits on a winning team IMO. And I'm sure he will improve. I just think the warts are big enough that he isn't worth a huge haul, that's all.

lavell12
06-21-2016, 09:49 AM
This maybe a little off topic but notice how all the good centers in the league are on bad teams?

tp13baby
06-21-2016, 10:31 AM

Okafor finished 4 out of all big men for NBA rookie of the year and 5th overall. Lebron athleticism?

lavell12
06-21-2016, 10:34 AM
Okafor finished 4 out of all big men for NBA rookie of the year and 5th overall. Lebron athleticism?

he would have finished 2nd if he didn't get hurt .

TheDish87
06-21-2016, 10:39 AM

That's an article that talks about his rebounding. Granted, it's as of February but it's the first thing that came up for an "Jahlil Okafor rebounding" search. I think it makes my point. You'll see there that even with Noel off the court, he still wasn't very good so the argument that Noel steals rebound from him. It also explains that in college, against inferior competition to the NBA, he was only a good not great rebounder. So in the pros it makes sense he'd be worse that that.

No one is saying that Okafor is garbage. People are just saying he isn't worth a mega haul. You said it yourself that he's worth A LITTLE more than #3. I think most have agreed with that. It's just that if that little bit more is a Smart or a Bradley or Crowder or another good pick like PHI fans are asking for then it's not worth it for Boston.

Anyways, the report I read was that BOS prefers Noel to Okafor anyway, probably because of the concerns over how Okafor's game fits within a winning team. Right now he's just a talent to put up nice counting stat scoring numbers. Like I said, he has a lot of developments to make before he fits on a winning team IMO. And I'm sure he will improve. I just think the warts are big enough that he isn't worth a huge haul, that's all.

i didnt say he was a good rebounder (just fine for now) or Noel stole boards but it was rare to see Okafor chase down loose rebounds and when he did thats when you saw those 10+ nights but he is good at boxing out is man creating space for others to grab the board and run. I hate the hes not a winning player nonsense too hes won at every level before the NBA and lost more games last season than in his entire playing career but many on this board think Cousins is a superstar and want to give up hauls for him when he is the very definition of a losing player. Now a days people are way to quci to write off players and not let them develop. Wiggins was regarded as this lock down defender and hes not even close to that after 2 years but the potential is there and hes coming along, why cant it work like that for Okafor? Mainly bcuz Philly is so hated right now

hugepatsfan
06-21-2016, 11:25 AM
i didnt say he was a good rebounder (just fine for now) or Noel stole boards but it was rare to see Okafor chase down loose rebounds and when he did thats when you saw those 10+ nights but he is good at boxing out is man creating space for others to grab the board and run. I hate the hes not a winning player nonsense too hes won at every level before the NBA and lost more games last season than in his entire playing career but many on this board think Cousins is a superstar and want to give up hauls for him when he is the very definition of a losing player. Now a days people are way to quci to write off players and not let them develop. Wiggins was regarded as this lock down defender and hes not even close to that after 2 years but the potential is there and hes coming along, why cant it work like that for Okafor? Mainly bcuz Philly is so hated right now

I don't hate PHI or Okafor. I actually agree with you on his value - #3 plus a little more. I just don't think it would be the best move for BOS depending on that little more. I'd rather do #3 plus a LOT more for a guy like Butler. If the little more is pick #23 or even #16 then I'd be ok. But if a little more is Bradley/Smart/Crowder or even a guy like Rozier who I like a lot, then I'd pass and go with a player like Jaylen Brown at #3, whose upside I like.

mrblisterdundee
06-21-2016, 11:36 AM

There are two 20-year-old big men from the same draft who are already more proven and two-way than Jahlil Okafor, who looks like the next Al Jefferson. You have no clue how good Brandon Ingram could be. It's totally possible he could outperform Okafor.

basketballkitty
06-21-2016, 11:39 AM
There are two 20-year-old big men from the same draft who are already more proven and two-way than Jahlil Okafor, who looks like the next Al Jefferson. You have no clue how good Brandon Ingram could be. It's totally possible he could outperform Okafor.

Porzingis was not better. Stop drinking the Kool-aid with that BS. And as it goes to Towns, I like him yes. But overall team talent can help a player out as it goes to his own personal stats. Towns HAD other good young players and a consistent starting Line-up from game 1...Okafor did not.

However the proof is always in the pudding. And the pudding is 1 on 1 direct match-ups. In there two meetings last year....how did Towns do against Okafor ? Look those two games up..and get back with me.

hugepatsfan
06-21-2016, 11:57 AM
If I could have any of them for #3 I would go, in order...

Towns
Porzingis
Turner
Okafor

And I don't have the slightest hesitation for the order of any of those.

beasted86
06-21-2016, 12:21 PM
Wait this dude said Simmons has better athleticism than LeBron.
Stop this thread right there and get this lunatic out of here.

basketballkitty
06-21-2016, 12:29 PM

Simmons at last months private workout....he ran a 3/4 court sprint at 3.05 seconds. That my friend is not only way way faster then Lebron's...but is even faster then John Wall, D-Rose, Russell Westbrook...Oh and..Allen Iverson. His Lateral agility time was 10.61..and this at 250 + pounds. That is the best time ever of ANY prospect at 240 + pounds ever as well. Simmons as of right now does not have the same strength and explosion that Lebron has right now. But, go back and look at Lebron, his development, ect when he was drafted, and look at Simmons...and it's not close. Simmons has 4 inches on Lebron and 15lbs, and as stated....way faster sprint & agility times.

Whether or not you're too dumb to actually research this is not my problem.

TheDish87
06-21-2016, 12:35 PM
I don't hate PHI or Okafor. I actually agree with you on his value - #3 plus a little more. I just don't think it would be the best move for BOS depending on that little more. I'd rather do #3 plus a LOT more for a guy like Butler. If the little more is pick #23 or even #16 then I'd be ok. But if a little more is Bradley/Smart/Crowder or even a guy like Rozier who I like a lot, then I'd pass and go with a player like Jaylen Brown at #3, whose upside I like.

i agree. its an interseting move for Boston but at the same time Bradley and Crowder are cost friendly an important to the team it makes it tricky to deal one of them and at the same time no one in Philly wants Smart or Rozier (who i like too). Didnt mean you in particular hate the Sixers (well i guess you should for rivalry sake lol) or Okafor but most do on here and it gets quiet annoying when they consistently make unintelligent posts about either.

TheDish87
06-21-2016, 12:37 PM

everyone needs to stop responding to him. just look at his post history, it will save you the headache

Aust
06-21-2016, 12:37 PM
If I could have any of them for #3 I would go, in order...

Towns
Porzingis
Turner
Okafor

And I don't have the slightest hesitation for the order of any of those.

Yeah, I agree with this. Those 3 make a lot more sense.

hugepatsfan
06-21-2016, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I agree with this. Those 3 make a lot more sense.

Well none of the top 3 are available so they're not realistic trade scenarios. I shouldn't have worded it the way I did saying I would trade #3 for them in that order. I should have just meant that's how I'd rank them to start my team.

Aust
06-21-2016, 01:04 PM
Well none of the top 3 are available so they're not realistic trade scenarios. I shouldn't have worded it the way I did saying I would trade #3 for them in that order. I should have just meant that's how I'd rank them to start my team.

Cmon man, KAT is totally available!

SeoulBeatz
06-21-2016, 01:31 PM
If #3 is on the table I say do it. Kris Dunn has really grown on me and I think it would be a fair trade if it were to go down.

And honestly, I don't like trading Oak to a division rival. I think he is more likely to be a better player than Dunn. Okafor's already shown that he's a 17, 7, 1.2 bpg, 50%FG, 69%FT big man at 20 years old. He is one of the best offensive big man in the league already (and one of the worst defenders) but with the right supporting cast he has all-star potential. The Celtics are a great help-defense team so that should cover-up any of Oak's defensive flaws.

Dunn has a John Wall-esque ceiling but he has a chance of being a bust considering his high turnover rate and inconsistent outside shooting.

That said, teams around the league KNOW we have to get rid of one of Okafor, Noel, or Embiid. Their value is slightly lower than you would expect so getting the #3 pick straight up is a fair exchange IMO.

Both players would significantly improve their respective teams from the get-go and it would be interesting to see how they would develop down the line.

I would love to see an opening day lineup of

Kris Dunn/ D.J Augustin?/ T.J Mcconnell
Nik Stauskus/ Timothe Luwawu?/ Malik Beasley?
Robert Covington/ Jerami Grant
Ben Simmons/ Dario Saric/ Richaun Holmes
Joel Embiid/ Nerlens Noel

Obviously, we'll need to figure out our wing situation down the road so Covington and Stauskus' wildly inconsistent shooting will have to suffice for now.

SeoulBeatz
06-21-2016, 01:45 PM

Yeah, I would honestly do the same move if I were in your shoes. Include #3 in a package for Butler. He's a top 3 SG in this league and arguably the best two-way SG. He's worth a haul.

lavell12
06-21-2016, 01:46 PM
What if the Lakers pass on Ingram at 3, do the Celtics take Ingram instead of making the trade. If the trade is made do the Sixers take Ingram instead of Dunn

TheDish87
06-21-2016, 01:54 PM
Sixers absolutely take Ingram no question.

Green_Monster
06-21-2016, 01:56 PM
What if the Lakers pass on Ingram at 3, do the Celtics take Ingram instead of making the trade. If the trade is made do the Sixers take Ingram instead of Dunn

Sixers absolutely take Ingram no question.

The Celtics wouldn't make the deal if Ingram falls so I don't think we have to worry about that.

TheDish87
06-21-2016, 02:19 PM
unless a deal is done before the draft

ewing
06-21-2016, 02:24 PM
Simmons at last months private workout....he ran a 3/4 court sprint at 3.05 seconds. That my friend is not only way way faster then Lebron's...but is even faster then John Wall, D-Rose, Russell Westbrook...Oh and..Allen Iverson. His Lateral agility time was 10.61..and this at 250 + pounds. That is the best time ever of ANY prospect at 240 + pounds ever as well. Simmons as of right now does not have the same strength and explosion that Lebron has right now. But, go back and look at Lebron, his development, ect when he was drafted, and look at Simmons...and it's not close. Simmons has 4 inches on Lebron and 15lbs, and as stated....way faster sprint & agility times.

Whether or not you're too dumb to actually research this is not my problem.

to bad he isn't that good at basketball and doesn't seem to care about it

Green_Monster
06-21-2016, 02:37 PM
unless a deal is done before the draft

Why would the Celtics do that? That's a disadvantage for them, and really doesn't make sense unless they're 100% sure that the Lakers are selecting Ingram.

TheDish87
06-21-2016, 02:48 PM
i guess. but Boston has been chasing Okafor (and Noel) so it would depend on who they value more or how fast they want the deal done.

basketballkitty
06-21-2016, 03:01 PM
[B]" Celtics kicking the tires on a potential Khris Middleton trade " "

http://nesn.com/2016/06/nba-trade-rumors-celtics-discussing-khris-middleton-deal-with-bucks/

bradyoverrated
06-21-2016, 04:20 PM

I wouldn't do it for just Chowder. Noel's deal is running out, so while I think he would excel in Boston, his trade value is diminished some relative to other young cost-controlled up-and-comers.

For Okafor, I'd offer #16, #23, and RJ Hunter. Or #3 and Hunter for Okafor and Saric.

Celtics can't afford a player as defensively deficient as Okafor to consume that big of an asset 1:1.

basketballkitty
06-21-2016, 04:25 PM
I wouldn't do it for just Chowder. Noel's deal is running out, so while I think he would excel in Boston, his trade value is diminished some relative to other young cost-controlled up-and-comers.

For Okafor, I'd offer #16, #23, and RJ Hunter. Or #3 and Hunter for Okafor and Saric.

Celtics can't afford a player as defensively deficient as Okafor to consume that big of an asset 1:1.

Saric alone is more valuable then the # 3 pick in this draft. I C'mon dude. I know you are a Homer but keep it real.

bradyoverrated
06-21-2016, 04:36 PM
Saric alone is more valuable then the # 3 pick in this draft. I C'mon dude. I know you are a Homer but keep it real.

From what I heard this past winter, Ainge was offering the Brooklyn pick for Okafor and Saric, and that's why it didn't happen. That sounds like a feeler offer, but if Ainge actually offered it, it's within the realm of possibilities that #3, #23, and Hunter make it happen. Again, this is all predicated on the accuracy of a rumor.

TheDish87
06-21-2016, 04:46 PM

lol keep dreaming.

eDush
06-21-2016, 04:47 PM

From what I heard this past winter, Ainge was offering the Brooklyn pick for Okafor and Saric, and that's why it didn't happen. That sounds like a feeler offer, but if Ainge actually offered it, it's within the realm of possibilities that #3, #23, and Hunter make it happen. Again, this is all predicated on the accuracy of a rumor.
It didn't happen like a lot of other Celtics rumors that didn't happen during the trade deadline cause Danny Boy is one of the most shrewd if not the best GM after he fleeced the Nets for PP and KG. He also fleeced the Mavs and Suns too as a lesser level so Ainge is a genius but I think most teams has caught on now :nod:.

We already know who is the worst GM is as well which I will not named out of respect :nod:.

TheDish87
06-21-2016, 04:52 PM

never once heard that the offer was for both Okafor and Saric. every report was that it was the pick + smart back to back years for Noel then for Okafor and both were declined

eDush
06-21-2016, 04:53 PM

lol keep dreaming.

:laugh2: even Danny Boy is not greedy or he be laugh at front and center. I would do any Okafor trade as a Sixers GM that must center on Chowder. That and the #23 would get it done for me which is very fair imo. No fleecing dude.

mrblisterdundee
06-21-2016, 05:09 PM
Porzingis was not better. Stop drinking the Kool-aid with that BS. And as it goes to Towns, I like him yes. But overall team talent can help a player out as it goes to his own personal stats. Towns HAD other good young players and a consistent starting Line-up from game 1...Okafor did not.

However the proof is always in the pudding. And the pudding is 1 on 1 direct match-ups. In there two meetings last year....how did Towns do against Okafor ? Look those two games up..and get back with me.

Even if Towns had a match-up issue with the 76ers, he's still significantly better than Okafor. That's why he was the unanimous Rookie of the Year, with Porzingis second. If anyone slowed Towns down in those games, it was Noel, who's arguably as valuable as Okafor. When the 76ers won by 10, Okafor was a -4 on the plus/minus and stunk it up over 20 minutes. When Okafor had his big game against the Wolves, the 76ers lost.

twellner9
06-21-2016, 05:22 PM
I don't see why Boston would waste the #3 pick on getting a player like Okafor. They don't need him and could draft someone that better fits their needs. There are better trade partners out there. I think it makes way more sense for them to target Middleton.

Middleton for #3 and Bradley

5ass
06-21-2016, 05:27 PM
I don't see why Boston would waste the #3 pick on getting a player like Okafor. They don't need him and could draft someone that better fits their needs. There are better trade partners out there. I think it makes way more sense for them to target Middleton.

Middleton for #3 and Bradley

Lol that's terrible for the Celtics. The difference between Bradley and Middleton does not warrant giving up the #3 pick. I don't think Middleton is worth the #3 pick alone. Maybe of you add Monroe and the 10th pick you'd get Ainge to consider.

twellner9
06-21-2016, 05:33 PM
Lol that's terrible for the Celtics. The difference between Bradley and Middleton does not warrant giving up the #3 pick. I don't think Middleton is worth the #3 pick alone. Maybe of you add Monroe and the 10th pick you'd get Ainge to consider.

You are placing way to high of a value on your own players and draft picks. Celtics are looking to win now and Middleton is a big offensive upgrade over Bradley. I could see Monroe being added but he would cost another pick. No way the Bucks at the #10.

Middleton + Monroe for Bradley + #3 + # 16

Pierzynski4Prez
06-21-2016, 05:55 PM
You are placing way to high of a value on your own players and draft picks. Celtics are looking to win now and Middleton is a big offensive upgrade over Bradley. I could see Monroe being added but he would cost another pick. No way the Bucks at the #10.

Isn't that essentially what every single poster is doing in this thread?

5ass
06-21-2016, 06:24 PM

I'm really not, you're overrating Middleton. They have Crowder and Bradley. No reason to use the #3 pick to upgrade when Middleton isnt that much better. Rumours are saying #3 and Bradley can get you jimmy butler. Middleton doesn't have that kind of value. Monroe has little value. I don't see Ainge doing this.

Corey
06-21-2016, 06:26 PM

Big upgrade over Bradley? Slight upgrade.

Middleton and Bradley are closer to even than anything else. Break it down to two parts. Bradley and 16 for Middleton seems fair. That leaves Monroe for 3. No thanks.

Alayla
06-21-2016, 06:27 PM
It didn't happen like a lot of other Celtics rumors that didn't happen during the trade deadline cause Danny Boy is one of the most shrewd if not the best GM after he fleeced the Nets for PP and KG. He also fleeced the Mavs and Suns too as a lesser level so Ainge is a genius but I think most teams has caught on now :nod:.

We already know who is the worst GM is as well which I will not named out of respect :nod:.

Fleecing Billy King is childs play anyone here could do that.

Alayla
06-21-2016, 06:29 PM

That guy is a magic fan ijs

eDush
06-21-2016, 06:36 PM

Fleecing Billy King is childs play anyone here could do that.
Then why is all the fleecing has Danny Boy on the other end of it? This guy is very good at what he does :nod:. He would never be fleeced as he made Cuban look like a fool in stealing Chowder with a half season rental that literally destroyed their season after trading him and picks for a coach killer which i said was stupid when the trade went down. :laugh2:
:dance:

Green_Monster
06-21-2016, 06:43 PM

He's not even a Celtics fan. Ouch. I think that shows that you're the one placing way too high of a value on your own players. Bradley + #3 for Middleton is awful for the Celtics.

bradyoverrated
06-21-2016, 07:08 PM
never once heard that the offer was for both Okafor and Saric. every report was that it was the pick + smart back to back years for Noel then for Okafor and both were declined

Just because you heard one thing doesn't mean another person didn't hear something else. The two are not mutually exclusive. Further, we're ultimately discussing rumors, which are highly speculative and based on hearsay.

If someone tells me they heard Mickey Mouse was going to participate in this year's all star dunk competition, ultimately, its just something they heard.

More-Than-Most
06-21-2016, 07:18 PM

If you guys get OKA stay away from the main.. He isnt liked because people use plus/minus and because a 20 year old cant get better and app 17/7 guys who are doubled all the time and still put up 17/7 and hit their free throws and have another guy next to him taking his rebounds grows on trees

bradyoverrated
06-21-2016, 07:19 PM
lol keep dreaming.

Is it dreaming to recognize how morbidly undervalued defense is in terms of player contracts as well as player trade values? Ainge seems to recognize this - that's how he cobbled a bunch of 'scrubs' into a playoff team.

And this is why I'd place such a low value on Okafor. I'm not saying my trade proposals would be accepted, just that I wouldn't be willing to give as much for a player that is demonstrably sub-par defensively. It doesn't jive with the Celtics system, and costs more in free agency (one way scorers).

Similarly, I wouldn't take Carmelo from the Knicks for FREE. Clogs up cap space, and doesn't fit the system.

More-Than-Most
06-21-2016, 07:23 PM
Even if Towns had a match-up issue with the 76ers, he's still significantly better than Okafor. That's why he was the unanimous Rookie of the Year, with Porzingis second. If anyone slowed Towns down in those games, it was Noel, who's arguably as valuable as Okafor. When the 76ers won by 10, Okafor was a -4 on the plus/minus and stunk it up over 20 minutes. When Okafor had his big game against the Wolves, the 76ers lost.

This is the kind of post I am alluding to.... Plus/Minus even though towns has actual NBA talent around him and players that fit his system perfectly where OKA had a D-league team with him and was forced to play in his system with horrid pieces and again Towns wasnt nearly doubled as much as OKA. Towns is better no doubt but it stops there.... If I had the choice at a redraft and we didnt have 3 centers my redraft would go

Russel
Towns

Oka
Porz

I think Porz will be good but he is another that had help and outside of a good month was bad most of the year and basically gets bullied by anyone with a little bit of size

Aust
06-21-2016, 07:35 PM
As down as I am on Okafor, the one thing I'll give him full credit on is improving his FT%. 51% in college to 68.6% as a rookie deserves major props. Simply awesome. That was one of the things I was really hoping he'd improve on.

bradyoverrated
06-21-2016, 07:37 PM
This is the kind of post I am alluding to.... Plus/Minus even though towns has actual NBA talent around him and players that fit his system perfectly where OKA had a D-league team with him and was forced to play in his system with horrid pieces and again Towns wasnt nearly doubled as much as OKA. Towns is better no doubt but it stops there.... If I had the choice at a redraft and we didnt have 3 centers my redraft would go

Russel
Towns

Oka
Porz

I think Porz will be good but he is another that had help and outside of a good month was bad most of the year and basically gets bullied by anyone with a little bit of size

Russell over Towns?! Wow

I'd literally give this and next year's entire draft (Celtics) for Towns.

More-Than-Most
06-21-2016, 07:50 PM
Russell over Towns?! Wow

I'd literally give this and next year's entire draft (Celtics) for Towns.

I have the biggest boner for russell and a ton of bias towards him so that should be taken with a grain of salt i guess.

FlashBolt
06-21-2016, 07:51 PM
You guys are way too quick to jump on Towns. He's been amazing as a rookie but not every player takes that huge leap from one season to the other. Anthony Davis shocked everyone last season but this season, came back looking average. He still needs a few seasons to prove himself but with the way he's playing, would not be surprised if he does end up being like Tim Duncan.

bradyoverrated
06-21-2016, 07:52 PM
I have the biggest boner for russell and a ton of bias towards him so that should be taken with a grain of salt i guess.

Well, he is a handsome young man. Haha ;)

Also, due to current rosters, it makes sense that a C's fan may want Towns, while a Sixers fan would prefer Russell.

TheDish87
06-22-2016, 09:05 AM
Just because you heard one thing doesn't mean another person didn't hear something else. The two are not mutually exclusive. Further, we're ultimately discussing rumors, which are highly speculative and based on hearsay.

If someone tells me they heard Mickey Mouse was going to participate in this year's all star dunk competition, ultimately, its just something they heard.

but i literally never heard one rumor that said that anywhere, not on here, sixers forum, C's forum, Fox, ESPN, Woj, you name it. Potentially trading both okafor and saric would have gotten attention for how awful it would be for the sixers.

PhillyFaninLA
06-22-2016, 09:50 AM
but i literally never heard one rumor that said that anywhere, not on here, sixers forum, C's forum, Fox, ESPN, Woj, you name it. Potentially trading both okafor and saric would have gotten attention for how awful it would be for the sixers.

I don't question the Celtics asked, why wouldn't they. Now Colangelo might have said what or really as a result, but it would be smart for you to ask for the moon knowing you won't get it. bites.

TheDish87
06-22-2016, 10:09 AM
he was talking about last year. i agree with the rest but its just nothing i ever heard rumored anywhere and something like that would have gotten attention without a doubt. Luckily its not in the least bit realistic.

Green_Monster
06-22-2016, 10:23 AM

Smart actually wasn't in those talks according to the main (and only) rumor. The rumor was #3 for Okafor. Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald first came out with it and everyone piggybacked off of him. I'm not sure who threw Smart's name in there but it obviously caught on with some Sixers based sites. If he was in there, it certainly wasn't reported by anyone who would know.

Green_Monster
06-22-2016, 10:25 AM
The Philadelphia 76ers, sources say, have been trying for some time to convince the Celtics to part with the No. 3 pick in a deal headlined by Sixers big man Jahlil Okafor or teammate Nerlens Noel, but Boston, to date, has resisted those pitches.‎

- Marc Stein

It looks like the Celtics don't want to do it, even straight up.

Alayla
06-22-2016, 11:27 AM
- Marc Stein

It looks like the Celtics don't want to do it, even straight up.

That one I find very hard to believe more so considering this
https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2016/06/22/celtics-trading-pick-veteran

Green_Monster
06-22-2016, 12:18 PM
That one I find very hard to believe more so considering this
https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2016/06/22/celtics-trading-pick-veteran

The piece I posted is from that same article by Stein.

Aust
06-22-2016, 03:39 PM
With Teague gone that's one less PG. Philly doesn't have much leverage with their logjam of bigs and a shrinking PG pool to choose from.

TheDish87
06-22-2016, 04:03 PM
we dont have to go give up Okafor or Noel for average point guards. We shouldnt have been interested in Teague or Hill at a premium but we did make offers apparently which i imagine revolved around Stauskus and our later picks.

numba1CHANGsta
06-22-2016, 04:04 PM
Why is BOS so hard headed? Are you seriously gonna think whoever you draft at #3 is going to become a better player than Noel or Okafor? LMAO if so then why are you even trying to trade it?

mrblisterdundee
06-22-2016, 05:02 PM

Russel
Towns

Oka
Porz

I don't know of many bullying victims who can average nearly two blocks a game. Porzingis will add weight and get pushed around less. Even with his slight frame, he can pop out for a three or easily switch to power forward, unlike Okafor. Even Nowitzki is saying Porzingis is better than he was at 20.
If all these players were known quantities to NBA teams, I have no doubt Towns would go first, followed by Porzingis. Okafor or Russell would be a toss-up.

Aust
06-22-2016, 05:05 PM
Why is BOS so hard headed? Are you seriously gonna think whoever you draft at #3 is going to become a better player than Noel or Okafor? LMAO if so then why are you even trying to trade it?

Maybe they are keeping a Philly trade in their back pocket. They can exhaust all other options and if nothing else sticks out they pull the trigger.

PhillyFaninLA
06-22-2016, 05:07 PM

They are not being hard headed...they have no need to rush a trade, neither do the Sixers. They want to create panic and hope for a one sided trade. No deal needs to happen right now, conversation on the other hand.

More-Than-Most
06-22-2016, 07:05 PM
I just dont understand the celtics.... OKA is better and has more potential than anyone in this draft not named ingram/simmons and even then its close.... Hell Noel might... The sixers are doing this to try and fill out their team.... I just dont understand the celtics at all

The only thing I can think of is they think the 3 will get them a butler or so.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-22-2016, 07:14 PM
I just dont understand the celtics.... OKA is better and has more potential than anyone in this draft not named ingram/simmons and even then its close.... Hell Noel might... The sixers are doing this to try and fill out their team.... I just dont understand the celtics at all

The only thing I can think of is they think the 3 will get them a butler or so.

I just heard on the radio someone tweeted that the Celtics have been denied their attempts to trade number three for several different players. But none of them were Okafor. I heard Hayward, Butler, and two other players. Is the deal for Okafor dead?

Aust
06-22-2016, 07:17 PM
I just heard on the radio someone tweeted that the Celtics have been denied their attempts to trade number three for several different players. But none of them were Okafor. I heard Hayward, Butler, and two other players. Is the deal for Okafor dead?

Middleton and Jabari Parker were the other two. There was never a deal for Okafor, just some talk. The Celtics are acting like they aren't interested, but that doesn't mean they aren't interested. A lot will probably happen over the next 24 hours.

Biscuit
06-22-2016, 07:19 PM
Celtics are way overhauling that pick. If it means that much to them then keep it.

They offered it and Bradley for for Butler. Lol gfy Ainge. Its the 3rd pick in the two player draft not the LeBron draft.

More-Than-Most
06-22-2016, 07:20 PM

Its just really dumb... I want one gone because it will eat away Embiids time with having to share minutes but if I am the celtics in the type of draft where it is incredibly murky after the top 2 you make this deal everytime... Oka or Noel... It instantly makes their team better.

More-Than-Most
06-22-2016, 07:21 PM
This is what happens when you steal from Billy king... You think you can do this in every trade going forward.

*Silver&Black*
06-22-2016, 07:22 PM
I just heard on the radio someone tweeted that the Celtics have been denied their attempts to trade number three for several different players.

So they are being denied by the other teams?

Hey C's, if you want Sap and the #12, Hawks would take the #3.

Aust
06-22-2016, 07:23 PM
Its just really dumb... I want one gone because it will eat away Embiids time with having to share minutes but if I am the celtics in the type of draft where it is incredibly murky after the top 2 you make this deal everytime... Oka or Noel... It instantly makes their team better.

There is nothing dumb about going over all of your options, leaving no stone unturned. You are just saying that because you really want to trade one of them. If Philly was in serious negotiations with another team for one of the bigs they like, then they could make a decision on whether to do a deal with them right now. They have time.

Green_Monster
06-22-2016, 07:25 PM

You've pretty much explained in your last few posts why the Celtics haven't done this yet. They're still shopping the pick around and if they can't find another deal, they expect Philly to be there on draft night when they're on the clock.

They know that Philly would prefer to trade a big man and that they've been linked to Dunn. Ainge believes he can go back to that deal at any time, so why do it before the absolute last moment?

Aust
06-22-2016, 07:27 PM
You've pretty much explained in your last few posts why the Celtics haven't done this yet. They're still shopping the pick around and if they can't find another deal, they expect Philly to be there on draft night when they're on the clock.

They know that Philly would prefer to trade a big man and that they've been linked to Dunn. Ainge believes he can go back to that deal at any time, so why do it before the absolute last moment?

Bingo. He's playing it smart.

More-Than-Most
06-22-2016, 07:27 PM
There is nothing dumb about going over all of your options, leaving no stone unturned. You are just saying that because you really want to trade one of them. If Philly was in serious negotiations with another team for one of the bigs they like, then they could make a decision on whether to do a deal with them right now. They have time.

Well by the reports they want the moon for the number 3 pick... That isn't leaving any stone unturned and in turned being stoned themselves..... Dunn/Murray/Hield/Bender are fine prospects and could be great eventually but they are raw and just arent as valued as other drafts.... I get trying to get the best deal but this is ainge being ainge and thinking he is gonna get a billy king type deal.

More-Than-Most
06-22-2016, 07:29 PM
**** it... just trade noel or oka for bledsoe to the suns or something. Call the celtics bluff lol

Aust
06-22-2016, 07:31 PM
Well by the reports they want the moon for the number 3 pick... That isn't leaving any stone unturned and in turned being stoned themselves..... Dunn/Murray/Hield/Bender are fine prospects and could be great eventually but they are raw and just arent as valued as other drafts.... I get trying to get the best deal but this is ainge being ainge and thinking he is gonna get a billy king type deal.

He's trying! There's nothing wrong with trying! They won't be stoned themselves because they know Philly is waiting and hoping to deal with them. If they truly want one of those bigs and don't find a better deal, tomorrow they will trade for one. It's as simple as that. As much as you want for it to happen, they have no reason to trade for them now.

Green_Monster
06-22-2016, 07:31 PM
So they are being denied by the other teams?

Hey C's, if you want Sap and the #12, Hawks would take the #3.

Yeah, the report is that they've been shot down when asking about Butler/Hayward/Middleton/Parker.

People seem to be misinterpreting it, thinking that it means the #3 pick has less value than people believed. While that may be partially true, it's also because those teams have absolutely no interest in dealing those players. Why would the Bucks want to deal either of those guys when they can build around them? The Jazz just traded for Hill, why trade Hayward?

Green_Monster
06-22-2016, 07:35 PM
**** it... just trade noel or oka for bledsoe to the suns or something. Call the celtics bluff lol

That would certainly be interesting. Ainge doesn't get played often. Very rarely, in fact. The Sixers seem to really want Dunn over anyone else though, which is why they're pushing for this.

Wade n Fade
06-22-2016, 07:41 PM
I think the Lakers were stupid to pass up on Okafor. Now, they're paying for it by wanting to get rid of Russell. The 76ers shouldn't be stupid by trading Okafor. He is their best offensive talent in years. Just because he is immature doesn't mean he can't pan out to do amazing things. Boogie has the mindset of a middle schooler, yet puts up amazing #s. Give Okafor the time and not deal him to a division rival.

Aust
06-22-2016, 07:50 PM
I think the Lakers were stupid to pass up on Okafor. Now, they're paying for it by wanting to get rid of Russell. The 76ers shouldn't be stupid by trading Okafor. He is their best offensive talent in years. Just because he is immature doesn't mean he can't pan out to do amazing things. Boogie has the mindset of a middle schooler, yet puts up amazing #s. Give Okafor the time and not deal him to a division rival.

The Lakers weren't stupid to pass on Okafor and they don't want to trade Russell. That's a rumor based on speculation with nothing behind it.

jerellh528
06-22-2016, 07:58 PM

Lakers love Russell, and rightfully so. He was just texted yesterday by Mitch praising his work ethic and telling him not to worry about any of these trade rumors. Try not to spew misinformation, just perpetuating the rumor cycles this time of year

STRIKERC
06-22-2016, 08:50 PM
I feel like Colangelo has opened himself up to be fleeced by Ainge by talking and acting desperate.

One of the reasons Hinkie stated for not talking is because he felt talking gave other teams an advantage in negotiations. He may be right.

5ass
06-22-2016, 09:01 PM
Hinkie gave other teams an advantage when he drafted 3 centers.

More-Than-Most
06-22-2016, 09:26 PM
Hinkie gave other teams an advantage when he drafted 3 centers.

Yup we should have kept Holiday or the trash that was/is MCW or selected exum or marcus smart lmfao... Id rather be stuck with 2 insanely talented guys like noel/oka than have any of those 4 players... You draft best available every time when you are as far away as the sixers were.

5ass
06-22-2016, 10:37 PM
Yup we should have kept Holiday or the trash that was/is MCW or selected exum or marcus smart lmfao... Id rather be stuck with 2 insanely talented guys like noel/oka than have any of those 4 players... You draft best available every time when you are as far away as the sixers were.

LOL. You missed the "we've been in mediocrity for a decade" excuse. Haha

Having three centers on the roster and making it imperative to move one diminishes their value. What are you trying to argue here?

More-Than-Most
06-22-2016, 10:46 PM
LOL. You missed the "we've been in mediocrity for a decade" excuse. Haha

Having three centers on the roster and making it imperative to move one diminishes their value. What are you trying to argue here?

arguing against the same nonsense that omg he chose 3 centers without any type of context per usual and again like I stated which you have no rebuttal for had we drafted for need and not the best player available we would have a smart/exum which again id rather cut off my nuts with a butter knife.

5ass
06-22-2016, 10:50 PM
arguing against the same nonsense that omg he chose 3 centers without any type of context per usual and again like I stated which you have no rebuttal for had we drafted for need and not the best player available we would have a smart/exum which again id rather cut off my nuts with a butter knife.

Lol this isn't an argument. You took it as an attack on hinkie when I'm simply stating a fact.

hugepatsfan
06-22-2016, 11:01 PM
I want the Celtics to...

Trade Bradley/Crowder/#16 to MIL for Middleton/#10. Middleton is better but I think Bradley/Crowder are close enough that both of them are worth more than just Middleton. It's not like any of them are superstars.

Then trade #10 to MIN for Dieng. They won't re-sign him after the year and #10 is great value. They can get a young big to develop with Towns for the long-haul.

Draft Dunn #3. Taurrean Prince #23. Ben Bentil #31. Anthony Barber #34. Foreign guys with he other picks.

Then in FA sign Barnes and Horford to max deals.

IT/Rozier
Dunn/Smart
Middleton/Prince
Barnes/Olynyk
Horford/Dieng

IT was very effective last year playing with Evan Turner because he could come off screens to get free. Playing with Dunn allows him to do that. So Dunn would still handle like a point even though he's playing SG. We'd have good scoring and shooting throughout the roster. The bench would lack scoring so it might end up where a guy like Middleton comes off the bench. Or Stevens can just lineup his rotation to leave some of the starters out there with the bench rather than a true 2nd unit.

More-Than-Most
06-22-2016, 11:06 PM
I want the Celtics to...

Trade Bradley/Crowder/#16 to MIL for Middleton/#10. Middleton is better but I think Bradley/Crowder are close enough that both of them are worth more than just Middleton. It's not like any of them are superstars.

Then trade #10 to MIN for Dieng. They won't re-sign him after the year and #10 is great value. They can get a young big to develop with Towns for the long-haul.

Draft Dunn #3. Taurrean Prince #23. Ben Bentil #31. Anthony Barber #34. Foreign guys with he other picks.

IT/Rozier
Dunn/Smart
Middleton/Prince
Barnes/Olynyk
Horford/Dieng

IT was very effective last year playing with Evan Turner because he could come off screens to get free. Playing with Dunn allows him to do that. So Dunn would still handle like a point even though he's playing SG. We'd have good scoring and shooting throughout the roster. The bench would lack scoring so it might end up where a guy like Middleton comes off the bench. Or Stevens can just lineup his rotation to leave some of the starters out there with the bench rather than a true 2nd unit.

god ****ing dammit just take one of our centers so they dont block embiid lolol

oka and the 26 for the 3... :hope:

eDush
06-23-2016, 04:40 AM
I want the Celtics to...

IT/Rozier
Dunn/Smart
Middleton/Prince
Barnes/Olynyk
Horford/Dieng

god ****ing dammit just take one of our centers so they dont block embiid lolol

oka and the 26 for the 3... :hope:
Not when you are dealing with Danny "The Fleecer" Ainge. The only trade he would do involves fleecing other teams. You watch as he will try to get Okafor and Saric for their 3rd pick and dump a bad contract on your team to boot. That's how he deals so I think it would be better to deal with another team for their 4th or 5th pick. And I highly doubt he would accept Middleton or Parker for the 3rd pick alone but just using the media to piss off the Sixers GM in making Okafor look less valuable to him :laugh2:.

More-Than-Most
06-23-2016, 05:04 AM
Keith Pompey reports that "Kris Dunn is begging to play for the #Sixers. He really wants to be a Sixer" 11:10 PM - 22 Jun 2016

His work ethic is godly.... He has that kobe/Porz work ethic... I really really want him and he really really wants to be a sixer lol

More-Than-Most
06-23-2016, 05:06 AM
Not when you are dealing with Danny "The Fleecer" Ainge. The only trade he would do involves fleecing other teams. You watch as he will try to get Okafor and Saric for their 3rd pick and dump a bad contract on your team to boot. That's how he deals so I think it would be better to deal with another team for their 4th or 5th pick. And I highly doubt he would accept Middleton or Parker for the 3rd pick alone but just using the media to piss off the Sixers GM in making Okafor look less valuable to him :laugh2:.

lol yea they gonna get oka/24th/26th/Lakers first next year watch.... he wants to play for us and we want him badly and colangelo is a dips **** nutslut whom has basically made it known we want him badly which has ainge jerking off right now knowing he can bend us over... REHIRE HINKIE.

eDush
06-23-2016, 05:32 AM

lol yea they gonna get oka/24th/26th/Lakers first next year watch.... he wants to play for us and we want him badly and colangelo is a dips **** nutslut whom has basically made it known we want him badly which has ainge jerking off right now knowing he can bend us over... REHIRE HINKIE.
If I was the Sixers GM, I would make that Fleecer call his bluff and draft Dunn since we both know Thomas is their starting PG in a loaded backcourt they already have. Then I dictate my terms like take Okafor for Dunn in a trade or sux it :laugh:

Seriously I think they would draft Bender if they are going to keep the pick so just call his bluff :nod:.

eDush
06-23-2016, 05:38 AM
If he draft Bender, i would then call the next GM picking and so forth until you get a bite. I doubt Dunn is at the top of every lottery team draft board. Just work the lines on draft day :nod:.

CELTICS4LYFE
06-23-2016, 06:00 AM
Danny's not trying to fleece them, He just wants a bigger fish than Okafor/Noel so he's waiting it out.

I'd be very happy with trading the 3 for Noel.

I don't think we even have a bad contract on the team right now lol and wouldn't the 6ers need a big contract to even reach the salary floor?

MagicBucsSox
06-23-2016, 06:23 AM
Danny's not trying to fleece them, He just wants a bigger fish than Okafor/Noel so he's waiting it out.

I don't think we even have a bad contract on the team right now lol and wouldn't the 6ers need a big contract to even reach the salary floor?

They're gonna blow it on Bradley Beal or Evan Fournier and some other nonworthy FA perimeter guy like Barnes

PhillyFaninLA
06-23-2016, 06:42 AM

There is no incentive to pull the trigger for either team at this point. If Butler gets traded to the Wolves the Sixers can gain some leverage, if the Sixers have a deal in place with Phoenix or Wolves, they can say Boston we have these deals in place and worst case scenario we end up with a potential elite scorer.

Both teams are playing it right and a deal will be made probably shortly before the draft if one is made between the two.

The salary floor point, you need to take into consideration our entire front office is new, Hinkie isn't running the show, the Colengelo's won't have the salary floor be an issue any more, so even if you did this isn't last year.

PhillyFaninLA
06-23-2016, 06:44 AM
They're gonna blow it on Bradley Beal or Evan Fournier and some other nonworthy FA perimeter guy like Barnes

That is actually a good a point, I heard about Barnes multiple times....but keep in mind this is a front office with its first offseason for the Sixers and it is the people that built the current Raptors, the Nash and Amare Suns.

So what was done from the trade deadline this year and back has no barring on what we will do.

MagicBucsSox
06-23-2016, 07:55 AM
That is actually a good a point, I heard about Barnes multiple times....but keep in mind this is a front office with its first offseason for the Sixers and it is the people that built the current Raptors, the Nash and Amare Suns.

So what was done from the trade deadline this year and back has no barring on what we will do.

I'm just hoping you guys overpay 2 of the 3 before we do

CELTICS4LYFE
06-23-2016, 08:01 AM
I'd rather give Beal a max than Barnes but that's another topic.

My point was Danny wants to add a scorer so he's waiting it out to see if he can get one before he goes through with the Noel deal. I think Noel would fit great on be Celtics.

After the Rose trade Bulter isn't going anywhere.

MagicBucsSox
06-23-2016, 08:22 AM
Lmaooooo ESPN compared Kris Dunn to Steph, McCollum and Devin Harris lmaoooooo nothing like those guys. He's of the Dwade Oladipo mold.

MagicBucsSox
06-23-2016, 08:23 AM
I'd rather give Beal a max than Barnes but that's another topic.

My point was Danny wants to add a scorer so he's waiting it out to see if he can get one before he goes through with the Noel deal. I think Noel would fit great on be Celtics.

After the Rose trade Bulter isn't going anywhere.

You guys should go Brown IMO.

CELTICS4LYFE
06-23-2016, 08:34 AM
If we take the pick I think our guy is Brown.

koldjerky
06-23-2016, 08:43 AM
I actually don't think the Sixers NEED to trade with Boston to get Dunn.

Dunn could go anywhere between 3 and 7ish so the Sixers have options to trade with Celtics, Suns, Wolves, Pelicans, Nuggets and still get Dunn if they choose. It's a gamble, but you never know. Any of those teams could want Okafor as well which makes them an option as well.

Pelicans seem like they could be the more likely scenario.

PhillyFaninLA
06-23-2016, 08:51 AM

Dunn could go anywhere between 3 and 7ish so the Sixers have options to trade with Celtics, Suns, Wolves, Pelicans, Nuggets and still get Dunn if they choose. It's a gamble, but you never know. Any of those teams could want Okafor as well which makes them an option as well.

And even if he does worse case scenario we end up with Murray or Heild because we trade with someone else

TheDish87
06-23-2016, 08:58 AM
i dont get how the Suns arent going hard after Noel or Okafor. Either is a perfect fit with those guards.

koldjerky
06-23-2016, 09:00 AM
And even if he does worse case scenario we end up with Murray or Heild because we trade with someone else

Exactly. You get another top 7 pick and you are almost guaranteed to get one of Hield, Murray, Dunn.

hugepatsfan
06-23-2016, 09:18 AM
My order of preference is:

1) Draft Khris Dunn

2) Trade #3 for Noel

3) Draft Jaylen Brown

4) Trade #3 for Okafor

People will say Dunn doesn't fit. He'll just take Evan Turner's spot. Marcus Smart is long enough to defend SFs. He's basically the size of Kent Bazemore who plays SF for the Hawks and defends well. In the playoffs the Celtics matched him up on Milsap, a PF. It's not ideal, but it can be worked out. Dunn is the clear BPA at #3. IT's best success in the playoffs came when they put Turner in the lineup with him and let him come off the ball off screens to free him up. Dunn has the defensive versatility to defend 2s so they could be a great on court pair together IMO. Dunn has all star potential. You draft BPA in the NBA.

Noel I prefer over Okafor because while Okafor is more talented, he just won't fit on a winning team IMO. You can't have a defensive hole at C like that. I'm not a believer. Offense is BOS's bigger need so yeah, Okafor would probably help more next year. But we're not one piece away. We shouldn't be trying to win 50 games instead of 48 next year. We should be trying for pieces that fit best long-term.

The Okafor concerns are why I prefer Brown over him as well. I really like Brown and think he can be great with Stevens. I think he has upside in this small ball world of basketball. Obviously more risk than trading for Okafor who's semi-proven, but again, at the end of the day, I just don't see Okafor's game ever fitting within a winning concept so I'm not that interested.

Ultimately, I'd be fine with either of these 4 moves because as much as I question Okafor, the talent is undeniable. So it's not a bad chance to take. Just down the list of my preferences.

Green_Monster
06-23-2016, 09:38 AM

Reports have the Celtics leaning Dunn, with Brown right behind. The Sixers can take that risk, they just won't get their man. I love Dunn so I'm fine with that.

TheDish87
06-23-2016, 10:35 AM
Jaylen Brown is a very poor basketball player, i think he is most likely to bust out of anyone in the top the 8

MagicBucsSox
06-23-2016, 10:42 AM
Jaylen Brown is a very poor basketball player, i think he is most likely to bust out of anyone in the top the 8

That's a very poor post

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-23-2016, 10:51 AM
Wonder what my Kings are gonna do. Thank God we still have our pick lol. Vlade and his horrible trade with the Sixers almost screwed us. We are one more year away from getting through that horrible trade without disastrous results.

I have a feeling the Kings will take that Sabonis kid. Vlade is good friends with this dad. Although it really doesn't make much sense since we have Cousins and WCS. We don't need another big man unless we are finally gong to trade Cousins. What we need is a PG. Or a SG. Or a SF. Basically anything but another big man lol.

ccspence8
06-23-2016, 11:20 AM
No way...Bender and then Murray have a bigger chance to bust

Iversonfan4life
06-23-2016, 11:38 AM
Why do we have to trade with Boston? I'd rather take a flyer on a guy like bledsoe than send Oak to Boston.

These celtics fans are crazy if they wouldn't trade 3 straight up for Okafor who is WAY more talented than anyone in this draft not named Simmons/Ingram.

Do they not remember opening night last year when they were forced to double him 2 minutes into his rookie season?

CELTICS4LYFE
06-23-2016, 11:39 AM
I think Murray will bust. He can shoot but he's not quick n doesn't play D.

Brown is a smart and athletic player, his advance stats are poor but he can step into the NBA and play D tomorrow. He reminds me of Smart.

koldjerky
06-23-2016, 11:53 AM
Reports have the Celtics leaning Dunn, with Brown right behind. The Sixers can take that risk, they just won't get their man. I love Dunn so I'm fine with that.

And then you continue to read the post after... I said that they still have options of Hield and Murray with picks 4-7 as well.

North Yorker
06-23-2016, 11:58 AM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 6m6 minutes ago
League sources tell @chadfordinsider and me: Philadelphia is ramping up its efforts to acquire tonight's No. 3 overall pick from Boston.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 4m4 minutes ago
Numerous rivals describe Philly as the most active team in circulation ... with a trade involving Nerlens Noel looking more and more likely

Looks like it could be Noel

Green_Monster
06-23-2016, 11:59 AM
And then you continue to read the post after... I said that they still have options of Hield and Murray with picks 4-7 as well.

Everyone knows that the Sixers want Dunn. They haven't hid it well at all.

I guess we can play dumb though and pretend like Philly isn't pushing hard for this deal.

League sources tell @chadfordinsider and me: Philadelphia is ramping up its efforts to acquire tonight's No. 3 overall pick from Boston.

- Marc Stein

hugepatsfan
06-23-2016, 12:00 PM

If Dunn is the one they want most that's who they should try to get. Obviously depending on the offer. But if Dunn is who they REALLY want, then it'd be better for them to do Okafor/Noel + #24 for #3 to get him than do a straight up deal for #4 or #6 and get their second choice. NBA is about getting THE guy you want IMO.

Now if BOS says they want Okafor/Noel + #24 + Covington + LAL 1st next year obviously that's different. You have to apply a level of reasonableness to the trade offer but I'm speaking with a reasonable scale of course.

koldjerky
06-23-2016, 12:07 PM

I guess we can play dumb though and pretend like Philly isn't pushing hard for this deal.

- Marc Stein

Did I say that I was part of the decision making? IF they make a deal, they make a deal. I'm just saying that if they choose not to make a deal for #3 and miss out on Dunn they could still trade into the lottery and get one of those guys... IF they want to.

koldjerky
06-23-2016, 12:11 PM
If Dunn is the one they want most that's who they should try to get. Obviously depending on the offer. But if Dunn is who they REALLY want, then it'd be better for them to do Okafor/Noel + #24 for #3 to get him than do a straight up deal for #4 or #6 and get their second choice. NBA is about getting THE guy you want IMO.

Now if BOS says they want Okafor/Noel + #24 + Covington + LAL 1st next year obviously that's different. You have to apply a level of reasonableness to the trade offer but I'm speaking with a reasonable scale of course.

NBA, like any other sport, is about getting your guy but it's also about not screwing up in getting that guy. Mistakes are made all of the time. It's weighing options. Yes, maybe Okafor/Noel + 24 for 3 is better than Okafor/Noel for 4-6 and getting the second choice, however, What if it's Okafor for 4 + Knight? That may be a better consolation prize or even a better deal than Okafor/Noel + 24 for #3 even though they get the guy they really want.

I'd probably be ok with Okafor + 24 for #3 though. Not Noel or any more though.

Green_Monster
06-23-2016, 12:15 PM
Did I say that I was part of the decision making? IF they make a deal, they make a deal. I'm just saying that if they choose not to make a deal for #3 and miss out on Dunn they could still trade into the lottery and get one of those guys... IF they want to.

You said they could trade below #3 and still get Dunn. All I said was he's been rumored as the Celtics top option (no surprise, Ainge said he'd go best player available). They can trade below #3 IF they want to, they just won't get their guy. Everything has pointed to Dunn being that guy.

eDush
06-23-2016, 12:15 PM
I think Murray will bust. He can shoot but he's not quick n doesn't play D.

Brown is a smart and athletic player, his advance stats are poor but he can step into the NBA and play D tomorrow. He reminds me of Smart.
That's why Minny took Foye over Curry too and the rest is history :laugh2:.

hugepatsfan
06-23-2016, 12:16 PM
Looks like it could be Noel

NBA, like any other sport, is about getting your guy but it's also about not screwing up in getting that guy. Mistakes are made all of the time. It's weighing options. Yes, maybe Okafor/Noel + 24 for 3 is better than Okafor/Noel for 4-6 and getting the second choice, however, What if it's Okafor for 4 + Knight? That may be a better consolation prize or even a better deal than Okafor/Noel + 24 for #3 even though they get the guy they really want.

I'd probably be ok with Okafor + 24 for #3 though. Not Noel or any more though.

Of course, of course. Knight is a pretty major piece to be adding to a deal. That changes things of course.

koldjerky
06-23-2016, 12:20 PM
You said they could trade below #3 and still get Dunn. All I said was he's been rumored as the Celtics top option (no surprise, Ainge said he'd go best player available). They can trade below #3 IF they want to, they just won't get their guy. Everything has pointed to Dunn being that guy.

And you also said that I was being stupid and ignoring something I never ignored. Posturing is also a thing, you know?

koldjerky
06-23-2016, 12:22 PM
My point is, as much as you are saying the Sixers should do Noel/Okafor + 24 (or whatever) for #3 doesn't mean they should do it or will even settle for that. They could have different options. Now, I do understand that doing the Celtics deal is their best bet to get their guy but it may not be the best move for them.

Green_Monster
06-23-2016, 12:25 PM
And you also said that I was being stupid and ignoring something I never ignored. Posturing is also a thing, you know?

Well of course we can say they have other options. There's always other options. We know they're pushing hard for the #3 pick. If they weren't chasing Dunn, they wouldn't even be talking with the Celtics.

Philly is damn good at posturing then, they're pushing this hard for a deal and they don't even want it.

Green_Monster
06-23-2016, 12:31 PM
Kris Dunn has significant traction in Boston as No. 3 pick, sources tell @TheVertical. No final decision -- and trades remain on table.

- Woj

As expected.

eDush
06-23-2016, 12:33 PM

If the NBA is about getting THE guy you want, then why would Boston want Dunn when Thomas is already their point man in their guard heavy roster?!? Let them call their so called buff if I was the Sixers and see what they do cause they need a big guy and Bender is likely their target if they are keeping the pick or Hield as they need shooters, NOT a point guard otherwise they gonna piss off Thomas who has made it public that he doesn't want to come off the bench.

TheDish87
06-23-2016, 12:49 PM
No way...Bender and then Murray have a bigger chance to bust

Bender maybe, wont really argue but not Murray. While im not high on Murray he should have a career in the league. Im pretty sure Jalen Brown really doesnt know how to play basketball. He was awful in the in final month or so of the season and has always relied on bully ball with his size and athleticism but has an incredibly low iq on the court.

FraziersKnicks
06-23-2016, 12:56 PM
That's why Minny took Foye over Curry too and the rest is history :laugh2:.

Foye was drafted in 2006 by the Celtics with the #7 pick.

FraziersKnicks
06-23-2016, 12:59 PM
If Okafor had spent another year at Duke and put up similarly dominant numbers and then declared this year, he would probably be the consensus #2 pick.

Although he's not a great rebounder and a weak defender he has shown he can score in the NBA.

I think if Okafor and #24 is on the table for the Celtics, that's a great deal for them. Aim for a defensive big with that pick to try and negate the negative defensive value Okafor brings.

koldjerky
06-23-2016, 12:59 PM
Well of course we can say they have other options. There's always other options. We know they're pushing hard for the #3 pick. If they weren't chasing Dunn, they wouldn't even be talking with the Celtics.

Philly is damn good at posturing then, they're pushing this hard for a deal and they don't even want it.

I've said that they want Dunn and the Boston deal is probably their best bet (they most likely know this too which is why they are pushing) but it doesn't mean they WILL do it. They also could be posturing to get other teams to offer more. Say they would take Knight and 4 from Phoenix but Phoenix won't do that. Phoenix know that the Sixers are pushing hard and could get a deal from Boston, Phoenix may really want Okafor. Phoenix may be willing to give that up now so they get their guy.

Yes reports say otherwise but is EVERY report ALWAYS true?

I don't have as much faith in BC to not screw up as I would be if Hinkie was at the helm, but regardless if they are pushing hard for #3 doesn't mean they are going to just go for that. It just seems that you (and other Celtic fans) have this notion that Celtics hold the leverage and can almost ask for anything they want from the Sixers and the Sixers (since they are pushing hard) will give it up.

hugepatsfan
06-23-2016, 01:09 PM
If Okafor had spent another year at Duke and put up similarly dominant numbers and then declared this year, he would probably be the consensus #2 pick.

Although he's not a great rebounder and a weak defender he has shown he can score in the NBA.

I think if Okafor and #24 is on the table for the Celtics, that's a great deal for them. Aim for a defensive big with that pick to try and negate the negative defensive value Okafor brings.

It's hard to get a defensive big to negate the deficiencies of Okafor. With so many teams going small, it's tough to go with two bigger Centers. That makes it tough to get a rim protector next to him. Not to mention the offensive issues of a rim protecting type generally not being able to shoot well (see: Noel with Okafor in PHI).

Green_Monster
06-23-2016, 01:09 PM
I've said that they want Dunn and the Boston deal is probably their best bet (they most likely know this too which is why they are pushing) but it doesn't mean they WILL do it. They also could be posturing to get other teams to offer more. Say they would take Knight and 4 from Phoenix but Phoenix won't do that. Phoenix know that the Sixers are pushing hard and could get a deal from Boston, Phoenix may really want Okafor. Phoenix may be willing to give that up now so they get their guy.

Yes reports say otherwise but is EVERY report ALWAYS true?

I don't have as much faith in BC to not screw up as I would be if Hinkie was at the helm, but regardless if they are pushing hard for #3 doesn't mean they are going to just go for that. It just seems that you (and other Celtic fans) have this notion that Celtics hold the leverage and can almost ask for anything they want from the Sixers and the Sixers (since they are pushing hard) will give it up.

The only way the Celtics hold leverage is if Ainge knows that the Sixers desperately want Dunn. Which, that may be the case, but I guess it could be "posturing". If it's true though and Colangelo has played his card to Ainge, how would the Celtics not have leverage? Before I wasn't sure, but as more comes out from trusted reporters, it almost seems too obvious.

When these rumors first started a couple weeks ago, everyone expected Philly to get #3 along with another 1st or Smart/Bradley for Okafor. That has slowly changed direction and now it's the Celtics who won't even do it straight up. Funny how that goes.

TheDish87
06-23-2016, 01:10 PM
if Boston takes Dunn i expect a trade in the weeks after teh draft. they dont need anymore guards and want a player who can add to the win column, Okafor or Noel will help that in different ways.

hugepatsfan
06-23-2016, 01:16 PM
If the NBA is about getting THE guy you want, then why would Boston want Dunn when Thomas is already their point man in their guard heavy roster?!? Let them call their so called buff if I was the Sixers and see what they do cause they need a big guy and Bender is likely their target if they are keeping the pick or Hield as they need shooters, NOT a point guard otherwise they gonna piss off Thomas who has made it public that he doesn't want to come off the bench.

BOS doesn't need any specific position. We need TOP TALENT. That's what we lack. Our roster has a lot of good pieces, but no foundation blocks. They can move anyone and be fine. They're all interchangeable. We can't afford to be picky about where that top talent plays. We just have to take it and work the rest out later. You don't pass up building blocks for scrap pieces.

It's easy to fit Dunn in on the Celtics. He takes Evan Turner's spot in the rotation. It just means Marcus Smart has to defend 3s, which he can do and has done before. Offensively, IT was very effective playing off the ball when he was in the game with Turner because coming off screens freed space up for him. Dunn's is more than capable of defending 2s so those two could easily work out great together in a backcourt pairing.

Long-term you'd want to see a trade to re-allocate but short-term it works fine. Dunn is the #3 player in this draft and has all star potential. The Celtics need that. Whatever average role player they need to move later, so be it.

bradyoverrated
06-23-2016, 01:21 PM
if Boston takes Dunn i expect a trade in the weeks after teh draft. they dont need anymore guards and want a player who can add to the win column, Okafor or Noel will help that in different ways.

#3 and #23 for Noel and Saric?

Mind you, Noel is in a contract year (less control, due for sizable raise).

koldjerky
06-23-2016, 01:29 PM
#3 and #23 for Noel and Saric?

Mind you, Noel is in a contract year (less control, due for sizable raise).

Eww

hugepatsfan
06-23-2016, 01:44 PM
Saric's skill set as a point forward is really intriguing. I'd love to see a move expanded to include him but I can't see PHI going for that.

hugepatsfan
06-23-2016, 01:45 PM

I think they'd try to move Smart. Not going to get a Noel/Okafor for him of course. Probably a Smart-level player at a different position (either wing or front court). But if no deal is to be made they can make it work by using Dunn as the Turner role of last year offensively. Smart will just have to defend 3s which he's capable of doing.

hugepatsfan
06-23-2016, 01:57 PM
Is anyone curious how these trade negotiations really go? Like what do Ainge and BC say to each other? Do they try to convince the other one why the offer makes sense for their roster? Do you just call back every hour and ask if they changed their mind. I'm just interested how the negotiations actually go.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-23-2016, 02:05 PM
Is anyone curious how these trade negotiations really go? Like what do Ainge and BC say to each other? Do they try to convince the other one why the offer makes sense for their roster? Do you just call back every hour and ask if they changed their mind. I'm just interested how the negotiations actually go.

I do wonder how the process plays out. If I was a gm I would just send a mass email telling them what player is available and what Im looking for and ask them to send me their best offer.

kobe4thewinbang
06-23-2016, 02:09 PM
I always have been curious to.

Danny Ainge on the Phone: "Hey, how ya doing? That Okafor shows some promise. Any interest in trading him to us?"

Colangelo: "What are you offering?"

Ainge: "We'll give you the Smart kid, Olynyk...and maybe a pick or two?"

bradyoverrated
06-23-2016, 02:14 PM
Eww

You do realize a good portion of a player's trade value has to do with his contract, right?

As far as I can see, #3 is way too much to pay for Noel alone, and Saric is worth more than #24, making this closer to fair than you might want to acknowledge.

FraziersKnicks
06-23-2016, 02:23 PM

Go watch Moneyball. I like to think that's how it plays out. (Except NBA GM's aren't as good looking as Brad Pitt).

Aust
06-23-2016, 02:28 PM
This thought process that Boston has to trade Dunn because they are stuffed at G is nonsense. They can trade one or two of their Guards, especially if they are pieces for a bigger package.

hugepatsfan
06-23-2016, 02:42 PM
This thought process that Boston has to trade Dunn because they are stuffed at G is nonsense. They can trade one or two of their Guards, especially if they are pieces for a bigger package.

The issue with Dunn in BOS isn't that he plays guard, it's that he can't shoot. He replaces Turner offensively which isn't a drop off shooting wise but our problem (one of them) last year is that we lack shooting. Playing Smart and Turner so much hurt us on that end. It also didn't help that we don't have great floor spacing in the front court because Sully's mid-range game fell off and Amir is a point only player.

Drafting Dunn is a lateral move in that department. We'd still be able to address it with front court moves but at the end of the day we probably do need to move Smart to take that next step offensively.

koldjerky
06-23-2016, 03:00 PM

Wait wait wait, I find this hilarious. Not saying you are one, but it's just funny when I read this. Isn't this EXACTLY what people are saying about the Sixers with centers?

If the Celtics would draft Dunn then they will be known to HAVE to trade a guard.

koldjerky
06-23-2016, 03:02 PM
You do realize a good portion of a player's trade value has to do with his contract, right?

As far as I can see, #3 is way too much to pay for Noel alone, and Saric is worth more than #24, making this closer to fair than you might want to acknowledge.

Yet there seems to be a lot more interest in Noel from more than just the Celtics. More interest = more value regardless of contract/age/etc. The #24 pick is worse value compared to Saric than #3 is more value than Noel.

That's why Eww. Especially since the Sixers want to trade their late 20 picks to move up. No reason for #24.

hugepatsfan
06-23-2016, 03:04 PM
Wait wait wait, I find this hilarious. Not saying you are one, but it's just funny when I read this. Isn't this EXACTLY what people are saying about the Sixers with centers?

If the Celtics would draft Dunn then they will be known to HAVE to trade a guard.

The Celtics can easily play all of them together. They just use more some 3 guard lineups with Smart as a SF. Dunn just replaces the departing Evan Turner. The Sixers can't use one of their centers at SF so they don't have the flexibility to even get their guys playing time.

The Celtics would need to trade a guard but not because of position, because of shooting (unless they get a special set of front court players to totally offset lack of it in the backcourt). So it does hurt their leverage but not to as great as an extent of PHI because they can at least play all their guys. They can be just as good as they were last year with Turner playing the role Dunn would play and they were a very solid team.

Aust
06-23-2016, 10:00 PM
Well this was anti-climactic.

cvbgh
06-23-2016, 11:57 PM
I like Dunn to the sixers, he should be more NBA ready than most rookies since he's 22. They could use his immediate contributions. they need to get some shooters though to surround Dunn and Simmons.http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/6.gif
http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/4.gif http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/15.gif

koldjerky
06-24-2016, 08:35 AM
Seems as though the Sixers could've moved past the Celtics to get Dunn... Oh but I thought it was all but guaranteed the Celtics were taking Dunn at 3? Guess I'm just dumb.

TheDish87
06-24-2016, 09:08 AM
Boston is crazy for not taking our offer, we're crazy for offering all that. glad it didnt happen, i want Dunn but not at that price.

Green_Monster
06-24-2016, 11:18 AM
Seems as though the Sixers could've moved past the Celtics to get Dunn... Oh but I thought it was all but guaranteed the Celtics were taking Dunn at 3? Guess I'm just dumb.

That's what I said. I was right too, the Sixers pushed hard for the deal. You can keep trying to spin it to make yourself look good though. It's quite amusing, actually.

koldjerky
06-24-2016, 11:22 AM
That's what I said. I was right too, the Sixers pushed hard for the deal. You can keep trying to spin it to make yourself look good though. It's quite amusing, actually.

Yet you can keep ignoring claims you made to pinpoint times your were right as well?

Didn't you all but guarantee the Celtics were taking Dunn at 3 and there was no way the Sixers could get him later than that?

I also never claimed the Sixers didn't push hard so not sure what you're trying to say I'm spinning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gibby23
06-24-2016, 11:28 AM
Celtics messed up big time, they should have taken Dunn and tried to trade him later or did the trade with the Sixers. Atleast the Bulls also like Dunn enough to talk about him in a package for Butler. Celtics do have a bunch of draft picks but to this point they have not really hit on any of them and Brown was a reach at 3. The Sixers and Lakers may have sucked and the Celtics have been good, but to me it looks like the Sixers and Lakers have more young players with way bigger upside than the Celtics have. Celtics needed to cash in.

Green_Monster
06-24-2016, 11:32 AM
Yet you can keep ignoring claims you made to pinpoint times your were right as well?

Didn't you all but guarantee the Celtics were taking Dunn at 3 and there was no way the Sixers could get him later than that?

I also never claimed the Sixers didn't push hard so not sure what you're trying to say I'm spinning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said that Woj tweeted that the Celtics were leaning towards Dunn leading up to the draft. Along with almost every mock and local reporters saying the Celtics would pick Dunn.

You keep saying I called you dumb for thinking Dunn could slip past 3. That isn't true. I said it's dumb to pretend Philly wasn't pushing hard for a deal. The evidence is right above. Those are two completely different things, yet you're trying to spin it to match up with the other statement.

I'm not sure if you're trying to make yourself look good or what, but it's getting creepy.

Green_Monster
06-24-2016, 11:34 AM
Celtics messed up big time, they should have taken Dunn and tried to trade him later or did the trade with the Sixers. Atleast the Bulls also like Dunn enough to talk about him in a package for Butler. Celtics do have a bunch of draft picks but to this point they have not really hit on any of them and Brown was a reach at 3. The Sixers and Lakers may have sucked and the Celtics have been good, but to me it looks like the Sixers and Lakers have more young players with way bigger upside than the Celtics have. Celtics needed to cash in.

I wasn't a fan of the Brown pick either, but they're still fine. They have the right to swap 1sts with Brooklyn next year and they should be terrible again. That pick isn't getting traded barring a star coming here (not Okafor/Noel). They also have the Nets pick in 2018, which could be good as well.

Gibby23
06-24-2016, 11:37 AM
I said that Woj tweeted that the Celtics were leaning towards Dunn leading up to the draft. Along with almost every mock and local reporters saying the Celtics would pick Dunn.

You keep saying I called you dumb for thinking Dunn could slip past 3. That isn't true. I said it's dumb to pretend Philly wasn't pushing hard for a deal. The evidence is right above. Those are two completely different things, yet you're trying to spin it to match up with the other statement.

I'm not sure if you're trying to make yourself look good or what, but it's getting creepy.

How hard were the Sixers actually pushing? They offered Noel and some picks. They are offering Noel because it helps them save a lot of cap space while other players see Ben Simmons beast the next few years. They want to keep the rookie scale deals as long as they can because if Ben Pans out like he should there will be FA's that will want to play with him over the next few years and they don't want to tie up 20 million to a C when they have 2 cheaper option on the roster. also probably why the Celtics didn't take the deal, Im not sure they are ready to tie up cap space on Noel while not being able to get the all star they have been looking for.

Gibby23
06-24-2016, 11:42 AM
I wasn't a fan of the Brown pick either, but they're still fine. They have the right to swap 1sts with Brooklyn next year and they should be terrible again. That pick isn't getting traded barring a star coming here (not Okafor/Noel). They also have the Nets pick in 2018, which could be good as well.

A lot can happen in a season but next years prospects don't really look that good. The class is headlined with guys that can't shoot and the #1 guy Giles has already tore his ACL twice in high school. I think the Celtics will look into getting rid of that pick in a package this off season.

koldjerky
06-24-2016, 11:43 AM

Ok but it didn't happen the way they tweeted or the way you wanted it to happen since you said you'd have been fine with Dunn. You kept acting as if I disagreed with the Sixers pushing towards Dunn. I agreed, we all agreed that it seemed as though he was the target. I simply stated that they had other options in which you called me dumb for ignoring the sixers want of Dunn. There were tweets saying BC wanted to move into the top 8 so he was still looking to make moves regardless of where Dunn went.

And if you noticed, I kept using that expression after you stated it. It has no relevance to the sentence you used it, it's that you used it to belittle and act as though I was ignoring something I clearly wasn't.

I'm showing that the Celtics fans were showing confidence they were getting Dunn at 3 and if that Ainge was going to win any trade he made for it, especially with the Sixers (that was said in the Sixers forum, not this thread) yet none of that happened and BC was smart enough to pull out of any deal, or if the reported deal that Ainge backed out of actually was a bad call on Ainge's part.

There was a lot of confidence floating around from Celtics fans in what they were going to do and what Ainge was going to do but those same reporters, woj, and others are saying the Celtics actually came out pretty bad in this draft.

hugepatsfan
06-24-2016, 11:43 AM
Boston is crazy for not taking our offer, we're crazy for offering all that. glad it didnt happen, i want Dunn but not at that price.

I would have taken the Noel deal but I can understand. Noel is an awesome piece but in the grand scheme of things he doesn't move the needle for BOS at all. We need to get top of the roster offensive talent. Any of the rookies would have been a risk, but I think Dunn/Bender/Brown/Chriss all have potential to be all-stars. I took Murray/Hield off my board for BOS because they have limited upside IMO, even if they're safe picks. I don't really care about "floors" for Boston right now. I care about ceilings because top talent is what we lack, not good, solid role players.

Personally, I wanted Dunn. I think he's got all star potential. I like Brown a good amount and I've said that before. I'm not changing my tune just because we took him. He was my second choice. I just preferred Dunn because I think his ceiling is more realizable. I think Brown's ceiling is just as high though. If they prefer him to Dunn I can have an open mind on that.

We could have traded for Noel but there would have been no upside. He is what he is - a great defensive C with limited offensive ability. There's tremendous value in that but it doesn't address BOS's need for cornerstone talent. Okafor has offensive skill but he's terrible on defense and I don't see a ton of hope. They passed up good value - TREMENDOUS value even - from what I understand in the PHI talks. With Noel though there was no shot at the upside we need to get to the next level. And on the Okafor stuff they just felt they'd rather gamble on Brown's warts than Okafor's which I get. I think Okafor has that one skill he can always rely on of scoring in the post but I don't see the upside in his weak areas to ever become a great overall player (and judging by the fact that no one else took him for what you were offering it seems I'm not alone). Brown doesn't have that one go-to skill but I think he has potential in all areas to develop so I'd rather gamble on him. I said that in this thread before the draft yesterday. I just don't see the ability in Okafor to develop his shortcomings.

At the end of the day, I get turning down Philly even though I think you guys were willing to overpay. It's all about the upside that I'm willing to gamble on, knowing the failure rate is higher. It's the Butler talks that get me. it sound slike we could have worked it out, though reports are now they wanted Dunn/Bradley/Crowder/next year's BRK pick. That's a lot. So I can kind of understand though honestly I probably would have done it. That's what hurts me.

Green_Monster
06-24-2016, 11:44 AM
How hard were the Sixers actually pushing? They offered Noel and some picks. They are offering Noel because it helps them save a lot of cap space while other players see Ben Simmons beast the next few years. They want to keep the rookie scale deals as long as they can because if Ben Pans out like he should there will be FA's that will want to play with him over the next few years and they don't want to tie up 20 million to a C when they have 2 cheaper option on the roster. also probably why the Celtics didn't take the deal, Im not sure they are ready to tie up cap space on Noel while not being able to get the all star they have been looking for.

They were pushing hard according to guys like Woj, Stein, etc. The talks were serious. I think the offer on the table was Noel, 24, 26, and Covington. That's a good package and I would have liked the Celtics to take that instead of drafting Brown.

koldjerky
06-24-2016, 11:46 AM

Why do you keep saying this? The sixers have plenty of cap space and Noel is the type of player that should deserve the pay. The sixers are not in line to start paying huge salaries anytime soon anyway, so Noel wouldn't hurt. You keep saying this but there's no evidence to support it.

Okafor is being dangled because they don't think he'll fit with EMbiid and Simmons yet Noel will. Noel is being dangled because seems as though more teams have interest in him over the lack of D okafor.

hugepatsfan
06-24-2016, 11:47 AM
Ok but it didn't happen the way they tweeted or the way you wanted it to happen since you said you'd have been fine with Dunn. You kept acting as if I disagreed with the Sixers pushing towards Dunn. I agreed, we all agreed that it seemed as though he was the target. I simply stated that they had other options in which you called me dumb for ignoring the sixers want of Dunn. There were tweets saying BC wanted to move into the top 8 so he was still looking to make moves regardless of where Dunn went.

And if you noticed, I kept using that expression after you stated it. It has no relevance to the sentence you used it, it's that you used it to belittle and act as though I was ignoring something I clearly wasn't.

I'm showing that the Celtics fans were showing confidence they were getting Dunn at 3 and if that Ainge was going to win any trade he made for it, especially with the Sixers (that was said in the Sixers forum, not this thread) yet none of that happened and BC was smart enough to pull out of any deal, or if the reported deal that Ainge backed out of actually was a bad call on Ainge's part.

There was a lot of confidence floating around from Celtics fans in what they were going to do and what Ainge was going to do but those same reporters, woj, and others are saying the Celtics actually came out pretty bad in this draft.

From what was reported the Celtics fans' confidence was correct. He got the type of offers from PHI that people said he couldn't. He actually got more. Celtics fans were saying Okafor or Noel plus #24 for #3 and PHI fans were scoffing at that. He supposedly got Okafor or Noel + #24 + Covington + #26. And I've seen reports that if he threw in #16 that next year's LAL pick was on the table. He got a lot more than even those "confident Celtics fans" thought he could.

Ainge just liked Brown more than people thought he did. He didn't overplay his hand or anything. He got better offers from PHI than anyone thought he would. He's just higher on Brown than he is Okafor/Noel. It's really that simple. Time will tell if he's right.

Green_Monster
06-24-2016, 11:48 AM
A lot can happen in a season but next years prospects don't really look that good. The class is headlined with guys that can't shoot and the #1 guy Giles has already tore his ACL twice in high school. I think the Celtics will look into getting rid of that pick in a package this off season.

They could, but it will be for a really good player.

Even if the draft outlook isn't good, the Nets should be terrible. They have a bad roster right now, who is going to sign there? They'll overpay for average players and probably be just as bad as they were this year.

CELTICS4LYFE
06-24-2016, 11:50 AM
The Sixers needed to make the trade not Boston. Now sixers are stuck with how many big men?

koldjerky
06-24-2016, 11:55 AM
From what was reported the Celtics fans' confidence was correct. He got the type of offers from PHI that people said he couldn't. He actually got more. Celtics fans were saying Okafor or Noel plus #24 for #3 and PHI fans were scoffing at that. He supposedly got Okafor or Noel + #24 + Covington + #26. And I've seen reports that if he threw in #16 that next year's LAL pick was on the table. He got a lot more than even those "confident Celtics fans" thought he could.

Ainge just liked Brown more than people thought he did. He didn't overplay his hand or anything. He got better offers from PHI than anyone thought he would. He's just higher on Brown than he is Okafor/Noel. It's really that simple. Time will tell if he's right.

But the point is, he didn't make the trade. It's all reported too. It's hard to 100% trust a deal like that was offered since it didn't come to fruition. If the Sixers really wanted Dunn, how comes we haven't heard them offering that package to Phoenix or Minnesota since Dunn was still on the board and Phoenix was supposedly a team interested in Okafor/Noel?

I'm not 100% doubting the offer, but I find it hard to believe 3 teams would've turned down that deal.

koldjerky
06-24-2016, 11:56 AM
The Sixers needed to make the trade not Boston. Now sixers are stuck with how many big men?

So they can't trade them anymore? It was draft day or bust?

Gibby23
06-24-2016, 11:56 AM
Why do you keep saying this? The sixers have plenty of cap space and Noel is the type of player that should deserve the pay. The sixers are not in line to start paying huge salaries anytime soon anyway, so Noel wouldn't hurt. You keep saying this but there's no evidence to support it.

Okafor is being dangled because they don't think he'll fit with EMbiid and Simmons yet Noel will. Noel is being dangled because seems as though more teams have interest in him over the lack of D okafor.

Because it's true. They have to pay or trade Noel after this year and after they pay or trade Noel they have to pay Embiid the year after if he is as good as people say and stays healthy. You think they want to tie up money in Noel without knowing what they have with Embiid? Probably not, that is why he is available

hugepatsfan
06-24-2016, 11:59 AM

True but the Sixers didn't need to make "the" trade they need to make "a" trade. They need to move a Center for a wing IMO but they don't need Dunn. They can get a different guard/wing. Maybe not one they like as much but they'll find one.

BOS definitely didn't need to make the trade. They always had the option of just picking at #3 if they liked the player better than Okafor or Noel. They did. People always want to hype up narratives of who misplayed what hand or who had leverage or who blew it but at the end of the day this is very simple. PHI really wanted #3 for Dunn and made an AWESOME offer. Ainge refused that offer even though it was awesome because he liked the potential of Jaylen Brown better than he did the Philly bigs. End of story. It's really that simple.

Green_Monster
06-24-2016, 11:59 AM

The confidence was correct and Ainge was going to win any deal with the 76'ers. I think that's pretty clear especially now with the reports.

If anything, Philly fans were way overconfident as well. I remember when they thought it would be #3+Bradley for Okafor. I've even seen some posts saying that will still happen with the Nets 2017 pick (right to swap). It was never there yet we were told there was no way the #3 pick would get more than Okafor/Noel.

koldjerky
06-24-2016, 12:00 PM
Because it's true. They have to pay or trade Noel after this year and after they pay or trade Noel they have to pay Embiid the year after if he is as good as people say and stays healthy. You think they want to tie up money in Noel without knowing what they have with Embiid? Probably not, that is why he is available

When have they ever had an issue with paying? I've never seen anything that they didn't want to pay anyone. He's available because of interest. So what's the difference between Okafor and Embiid then too?

koldjerky
06-24-2016, 12:02 PM
The confidence was correct and Ainge was going to win any deal with the 76'ers. I think that's pretty clear especially now with the reports.

If anything, Philly fans were way overconfident as well. I remember when they thought it would be #3+Bradley for Okafor. I've even seen some posts saying that will still happen with the Nets 2017 pick (right to swap). It was never there yet we were told there was no way the #3 pick would get more than Okafor/Noel.

Yet the deal didn't happen and it's all reports... the same reports you believe that Dunn was going to the Celtics, yet that didn't happen either. So reports can be incorrect.

hugepatsfan
06-24-2016, 12:04 PM

Paying Noel should be no issue. They could always trade him later. He will always be movable because he's so young.

Gibby23
06-24-2016, 12:05 PM
When have they ever had an issue with paying? I've never seen anything that they didn't want to pay anyone. He's available because of interest. So what's the difference between Okafor and Embiid then too?

Im sure they don't want to invest 20 plus million on C's two years in row. Oakfor would be the year after Embiid, but Embiid and Oakfor have more time until they are due. Noel is coming up after this year, he won't be a cheap tradable asset any longer, he will be a max type center that teams won't give up much for in a trade. Teams are not giving up much for him now, so he probably needs to play better to start they year if the Sixers have any hope of cashing in on him, or they pay him, or let the asset walk for nothing.

Green_Monster
06-24-2016, 12:08 PM
Yet the deal didn't happen and it's all reports... the same reports you believe that Dunn was going to the Celtics, yet that didn't happen either. So reports can be incorrect.

The reports had the Celtics leaning Dunn.

The offer was on the table according to Stein.

If you can't see the difference that one is concrete and one isn't, then there's nothing I can do for you. You win, congrats. I wonder how many times Woj lied last night.

Gibby23
06-24-2016, 12:09 PM
Paying Noel should be no issue. They could always trade him later. He will always be movable because he's so young.

Sure if he gets better, but his value greatly diminishes after he is making 20 plus million compared to what he is making now. The receiving team would also want him before he signs a contract because the cap hold would be smaller than what he will make and they can make other moves before they decide to max him. If he signs a contract with the Sixers, he is still tradeable, but his value isn't what it is now, and his value doesn't seem to be much right now.

hugepatsfan
06-24-2016, 12:12 PM
But the point is, he didn't make the trade. It's all reported too. It's hard to 100% trust a deal like that was offered since it didn't come to fruition. If the Sixers really wanted Dunn, how comes we haven't heard them offering that package to Phoenix or Minnesota since Dunn was still on the board and Phoenix was supposedly a team interested in Okafor/Noel?

I'm not 100% doubting the offer, but I find it hard to believe 3 teams would've turned down that deal.

This is fair and true. You're right that you can't take it as gospel. But I think there's enough smoke where we can reasonably deduct that Ainge got great offers from PHI for #3. Even if it wasn't an insane overpay like that reported deal he definitely got the Okafor/Noel plus a little more than Celtics fans said he could and PHI fans said he couldn't. I feel we can say that with pretty good assurance.

He just likes Brown better than the Philly bigs. It's really that simple. IDK how else to put it. He had them there for the taking and he decided he wanted Brown. I know there were were reports of Dunn being the pick but many were that it was between Dunn and Brown. He had great workouts. He shot the 3 in workouts for us as well as Murray/Hield did (made 76/100). He's a bit of a weird and quirky guy but Stevens and Ainge by all accounts really vibed with him. They're just enamored with him and his potential. Time will tell if they're right.

koldjerky
06-24-2016, 12:44 PM
The reports had the Celtics leaning Dunn.

The offer was on the table according to Stein.

If you can't see the difference that one is concrete and one isn't, then there's nothing I can do for you. You win, congrats. I wonder how many times Woj lied last night.

Stein - ESPN sources say Philadelphia is offering Nerlens Noel, No. 24 and No. 26 in tonight's draft and Robert Covington for Boston's No. 3 pick

So that is concrete to you? Hearing sources are saying they are offering that is concrete? Nothing could get mixed up in word of mouth?

Again, if you read more than just one post I make, I'm not 100% disputing the offer was made at face value of what was reported but it DID NOT happen.

I'm actually seeing that the same offer was on the table for Minnesota as well. So it could be that they wanted to keep Okafor over Noel if that is the offer. And also most Sixers fans, and myself included have been saying Okafor for #3 is what would be a deal we could live with. Noel has more value to the Sixers than Okafor because of compatibility but it's been said ownership likes Okafor more so maybe he wasn't even offered.

If the above deal is correct then, no, we don't know if Okafor for #3 was far-fetched. There was no report of that as concrete as the Stein tweet.

I highly doubt that no one wanted Okafor, I see it more likely that he couldn't/wasn't offered due to ownership.

TheDish87
06-24-2016, 01:13 PM
Noel isnt getting a max, he will prob get close but the Whiteside and Biyombo deals will prob set his market and of course his own performance this season. Never believed for a second Boston would draft and/or keep Dunn and Brown is a terrible basketball player too so i hate that pick. Boston is well coached and has good pieces but they over-achieved last year and havent improved. As a Sixers fan i am so happy with where we are compared to the rest of the division, we will own it in a few years.

Gibby23
06-24-2016, 01:15 PM
Noel isnt getting a max, he will prob get close but the Whiteside and Biyombo deals will prob set his market and of course his own performance this season. Never believed for a second Boston would draft and/or keep Dunn and Brown is a terrible basketball player too so i hate that pick. Boston is well coached and has good pieces but they over-achieved last year and havent improved. As a Sixers fan i am so happy with where we are compared to the rest of the division, we will own it in a few years.

If he stays healthy he is. Whiteside is getting Max and Biyombo is probably getting 15 million plus. Noel has a better track record than Biyombo. Also, this years market isn't setting the market for the next offseason where the cap goes up again.

Green_Monster
06-24-2016, 01:49 PM

That's pretty arrogant coming off of a 10 win season and having no proven two way studs. So much could still go wrong.

Gibby23
06-24-2016, 01:57 PM
That's pretty arrogant coming off of a 10 win season and having no proven two way studs. So much could still go wrong.

True, but most likely Ben Simmons is going to be really really good

Aust
06-24-2016, 01:58 PM

If you don't want to give him the max then get out of the way and let someone else offer him the max :)

TheDish87
06-24-2016, 02:14 PM

maybe. but the way i see it Boston and Toronto are stuck in no mans land but you guys are running out assets from the BK deal to get much better if no big FA comes in this year which doesnt seem likely. Knicks really have no future at the moment outside of KP and the Nets, well they are doomed for a while.

TheDish87
06-24-2016, 02:16 PM
If you don't want to give him the max then get out of the way and let someone else offer him the max :)

i cant rule out that he will, it wouldnt exactly shock me. If he does i would hope we do a sign and trade.

eDush
06-25-2016, 04:18 PM
Like what team will offer him until he can prove he is worth that amount to the team interested in him. Monroe is a more effective center who can score in the post as well as Okafor. Not as good defensively as Noel who has no post moves whatsoever yet he deserve the max? He is not even close to Big Ben on defense abilities who is more max worthy. He is just a block specialist.
:dance::dance2:

SeoulBeatz
06-25-2016, 06:28 PM
Like what team will offer him until he can prove he is worth that amount to the team interested in him. Monroe is a more effective center who can score in the post as well as Okafor. Not as good defensively as Noel who has no post moves whatsoever yet he deserve the max? He is not even close to Big Ben on defense abilities who is more max worthy. He is just a block specialist.

While I agree he isn't close to being a max player in my book, to say he is just a block specialist is inaccurate. He's been top 10 in the league for both blocks AND steals over the last two years. I haven't seen many Cs who can play passing lanes and strip ball handlers like he can while locking down the paint.

But again, if he wants the max next year I would be fine trading him.

eDush
06-25-2016, 06:40 PM

While I agree he isn't close to being a max player in my book, to say he is just a block specialist is inaccurate. He's been top 10 in the league for both blocks AND steals over the last two years. I haven't seen many Cs who can play passing lanes and strip ball handlers like he can while locking down the paint.

But again, if he wants the max next year I would be fine trading him.
I said he not worth the max, didn't say he won't get one from some team that's dumb enough to do it as that seem to be a common theme lately.

Scoots
06-25-2016, 07:11 PM
I said he not worth the max, didn't say he won't get one from some team that's dumb enough to do it as that seem to be a common theme lately.

You are a Lakers fan now?

eDush
06-25-2016, 07:14 PM

You are a Lakers fan now?
I'm a Dub fan for life and can't stand the Lakers. It hurts me that you would even think that :sad2:.

Scoots
06-25-2016, 07:43 PM
I'm a Dub fan for life and can't stand the Lakers. It hurts me that you would even think that :sad2:.
Your sig is lakery and not anti.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
06-25-2016, 09:38 PM
People dont seem to realize there was 0 need to trade either one for 25 cents on the dollar just because the draft was approaching and or happening.... You can also get desperate teams looking for one of these guys after said teams strike out on top free agents and because of that there could be more value had for these players in a draft next year that looks stacked.

Scoots
06-25-2016, 09:45 PM
People dont seem to realize there was 0 need to trade either one for 25 cents on the dollar just because the draft was approaching and or happening.... You can also get desperate teams looking for one of these guys after said teams strike out on top free agents and because of that there could be more value had for these players in a draft next year that looks stacked.

I thought the Sixers slogan of "Next year" had changed :)

You are probably right though ... they may get more for them when teams have holes they are looking to fill, but it's also possible teams will fill their rosters and not have as many options to make a good trade for the Sixers. Also teams will look at the Sixers and know the longer they wait the cheaper their assets may get.

TheDish87
06-26-2016, 12:00 PM

you said hes a block specialist which is wrong

eDush
06-26-2016, 12:16 PM

you said hes a block specialist which is wrong
Okay he's a block and steal specialist...happy now? I would pay Big Ben max money all day long over him cause his defense is outstanding even though their offense is the same which is non existent :laugh2:. Heck, I would pay Biyombo max money over him if I'm going to overpay someone for defense.