PDA

View Full Version : Do Warriors fans feel robbed with Draymond's suspension?

LOb0
06-20-2016, 01:59 AM
The way I look at it personally is, I felt he should have been suspended in the OKC series and had he of been I think they lose. Secondly the game he was out, LeBron and Kyrie went nuts and I think GS would have lost that game anyway. LeBron was hitting jumpshots and just going crazy, I don't feel Draymond would have changed that. I wouldn't feel robbed but, I'm not a GS fan. Your thoughts?

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 02:06 AM
They should feel robbed that the unanimous MVP disappeared the entire series. This wasn't Draymond's fault. He's not their superstar or go-to-guy. Everyone looked to Curry and he didn't deliver. Your PG should not be averaging more turnovers than assists. Sorry, but this might be the biggest choke job for a superstar in the NBA Finals. It was much worse than Dallas.

Confusious
06-20-2016, 02:08 AM
Maybe Draymond shouldn't have been in a position to get himself suspended.

Draymond is awesome, and his presence was missed in Game 5, but to play the "WHAT IF" card is pretty weak considering the team Cleveland had last year in the finals. But hey, it doesn't matter because one guy missing for one game is equal to losing an entire series.

Of course. Incredible logic. Nevermind the fact that you mugs had three games to end the series. Couldn't do it? Oh well.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-20-2016, 02:09 AM
No?

More-Than-Most
06-20-2016, 02:10 AM
They should feel robbed that the unanimous MVP disappeared the entire series. This wasn't Draymond's fault. He's not their superstar or go-to-guy. Everyone looked to Curry and he didn't deliver. Your PG should not be averaging more turnovers than assists. Sorry, but this might be the biggest choke job for a superstar in the NBA Finals. It was much worse than Dallas.

this.... also they shouldnt feel robbed when Draymond is constantly dirty... People think Him missing that game was weak because hit lebron was a weak call.. HE DIDNT GET SUSPENDED BECAUSE OF THAT CALL HE GOT SUSPENDED BECAUSE OF THE 5 BEFORE IT.

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 02:14 AM
I'm not going to lie, I'd take Draymond on my team any day. I just don't like how he acts. He's flexing his muscles and running his mouth the entire season. If you can dish it, you better learn how to take it.

Firefistus
06-20-2016, 02:18 AM
this.... also they shouldnt feel robbed when Draymond is constantly dirty... People think Him missing that game was weak because hit lebron was a weak call.. HE DIDNT GET SUSPENDED BECAUSE OF THAT CALL HE GOT SUSPENDED BECAUSE OF THE 5 BEFORE IT.

This, sadly I live in the Bay Area and listen to dumb-@$$es that blame everyone and everything else whenever their team loses. Green wouldn't have been suspended if he was smarter on the court. He's not, so he got suspended, and the Warriors lost, deal with it.

krazylegz
06-20-2016, 02:36 AM
WELL,we can speak for them i guess,cuz you wont find any dubs fans on this thread

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 02:43 AM
WELL,we can speak for them i guess,cuz you wont find any dubs fans on this thread

They pretending they never saw the game or something haha...

nastynice
06-20-2016, 03:06 AM
Oh, we were 100% robbed, it's not even up for debate. THAT play is NEVER called as a flagrant, it's called as double tech, and it completely shifted the momentum in the series. It happened, the league had their agenda, we still had our chances and we didn't close. Yes we were robbed of having a fair shot on home court for game 5, but I don't wanna take anything away from the cavs, they still had to show up and they played great, and they won a 7 game series so they EARNED it.

Regarding the plays from the previous series, people say he should've been ejected for that kick, but players DONT get ejected for inadvertent hits. That's the precedent which has been set, and that was the precedent that was followed. Like it or not, it falls in line with the history of how the league deals with situations. The way they gave Green a flagrant with lebron, that does NOT fall in line with how the league deals with these things.

Either way, nothings guaranteed, we still could've lost game 5, hell maybe we woulda lost by more, maybe green woulda got injured and season finished, who knows. it just sucks that we didn't get a fair shot. But it happened, we shoulda been able to bounce back.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2016, 03:10 AM
Oh, we were 100% robbed, it's not even up for debate. THAT play is NEVER called as a flagrant, it's called as double tech, and it completely shifted the momentum in the series. It happened, the league had their agenda, we still had our chances and we didn't close. Yes we were robbed of having a fair shot on home court for game 5, but I don't wanna take anything away from the cavs, they still had to show up and they played great, and they won a 7 game series so they EARNED it.

Regarding the plays from the previous series, people say he should've been ejected for that kick, but players DONT get ejected for inadvertent hits. That's the precedent which has been set, and that was the precedent that was followed. Like it or not, it falls in line with the history of how the league deals with situations. The way they gave Green a flagrant with lebron, that does NOT fall in line with how the league deals with these things.

Either way, nothings guaranteed, we still could've lost game 5, hell maybe we woulda lost by more, maybe green woulda got injured and season finished, who knows. it just sucks that we didn't get a fair shot. But it happened, we shoulda been able to bounce back.

Stop... they had their agenda when they suspended the cavs player for much less but didnt suspend draymond because where the series was at against the thunder.... That was their agenda and they had the same agenda in the finals... They suspended green for all the ******** in the playoffs and figured they can do it because the warriors were up 3-1.... It was just.... It should have happened sooner but the warriors got the break... If he didnt have 90 nut shots prior he wouldnt have been suspended.

nastynice
06-20-2016, 03:11 AM

Cmon man, now I see it's looking to be a hater circle jerk thread. Hey, the Kobe haters had their day in 08, the lebron haters had theirs the past 2 years, and today is the day for the Warriors haters. It happens. If that means we're anywhere close to being on track as those 2, hey I'll take the growing pains that come with it

nastynice
06-20-2016, 03:13 AM
Stop... they had their agenda when they suspended the cavs player for much less but didnt suspend draymond because where the series was at against the thunder.... That was their agenda and they had the same agenda in the finals... They suspended green for all the ******** in the playoffs and figured they can do it because the warriors were up 3-1.... It was just.... It should have happened sooner but the warriors got the break... If he didnt have 90 nut shots prior he wouldnt have been suspended.

The cavs player was suspended because the league deemed it an intentional hit. Again, that whole situation was 100% in line with the precedent the league has set. I'm not saying u u've to be happy with it, but at least realize that situation was handled in the same manner it always has been.

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 03:14 AM

How many times do you hit someone in the groin before the league finally has to step up and be unbiased? The fact he got away against OKC for doing it was a crime. NBA would have a hard time explaining why he's getting away AGAIN. And please STFU about being robbed... with the way Irving/James played in game 5, I don't think Green would have been able to do anything. Stop being sour. Green rightfully got suspended and he can blame himself after he promised he wouldn't do anything stupid but then did it. You guys had three chances to close out. Cury and Klay didn't step up. Unless you're suggesting Green is the best player in the Warriors, then I think you need to admit that Curry should hand over the MVP.

nastynice
06-20-2016, 03:16 AM
How many times do you hit someone in the groin before the league finally has to step up and be unbiased? The fact he got away against OKC for doing it was a crime. NBA would have a hard time explaining why he's getting away AGAIN. And please STFU about being robbed... with the way Irving/James played in game 5, I don't think Green would have been able to do anything. Stop being sour. Green rightfully got suspended and he can blame himself after he promised he wouldn't do anything stupid but then did it. You guys had three chances to close out. Cury and Klay didn't step up. Unless you're suggesting Green is the best player in the Warriors, then I think you need to admit that Curry should hand over the MVP.

Did you not read me give it up to the cavs? Or say it doesn't guarantee anything? Did I not go out of my way to say it? this is what hating does to you, short circuits the brain, lol

YAALREADYKNO
06-20-2016, 03:17 AM
The unanimous MVP didn't show up like he should have. They still had 3 Chances to close out Cleveland and they didn't. Curry was held in check for most the series other than game 4

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 03:26 AM
Cleveland won three straight vs the Warriors and two straight at Oracle. Think about that. Who really thought they would win after game 4? Really.. who?

Saddletramp
06-20-2016, 03:42 AM
I wonder if Green thinks that the Cavs suck this year?

And nastynice, cut it out. He wasn't robbed.

goingfor28
06-20-2016, 03:48 AM
What an awful thread. Draymond being suspended was his own damn fault. He's as dirty as it gets kicking players in the nads left and right.
F him. I hope someone lights up his man region game 1 next season.

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 03:49 AM
I wonder if Green thinks that the Cavs suck this year?

And nastynice, cut it out. He wasn't robbed.

Cavs good, YUP. Warriors good, NOPE.
WE WON, NOPE.

God I hate that guy. Would take his talents on my team any day but I don't know how anyone can stand being next to that.

LOb0
06-20-2016, 03:59 AM
I mean it is a legitimate argument. Just going by that play is that a flagrant foul in any situation? No, its not. So going by the rule not being used properly I can see Warriors fans being upset. I don't think it would have changed a damn thing but it is something..

nastynice
06-20-2016, 04:05 AM
I mean it is a legitimate argument. Just going by that play is that a flagrant foul in any situation? No, its not. So going by the rule not being used properly I can see Warriors fans being upset. I don't think it would have changed a damn thing but it is something..

That's all I'm saying man. We got robbed of a fair shot and an artificially created MAJOR momentum shift. Can't say we got robbed of a ring because who knows what coulda happened. Also, I don't wanna say robbed of a chip, or I don't wanna say choked either, because that takes away from what Cleveland accomplished, but they earned their title so I don't wanna take away from it. They have they chip, they were the best team of 2016. Woulda coulda shoulda doesn't matter, yes it sucks, but what happened happened.

LA_1
06-20-2016, 04:06 AM
Anyone that thinks the Warriors got robbed are either complete retards or just plain dumb *** homer mongering warrior fans.

nastynice
06-20-2016, 04:16 AM
Anyone that thinks the Warriors got robbed are either complete retards or just plain dumb *** homer mongering warrior fans.

...or understand what actually happened..? :shrug: lol

HandsOnTheWheel
06-20-2016, 04:19 AM
Is this for real?

More-Than-Most
06-20-2016, 04:31 AM

Its more so the rule he has issues with and not saying the cavs wouldnt have won anyway.. I didnt understand at first but i do now.

Saddletramp
06-20-2016, 05:16 AM
That's all I'm saying man. We got robbed of a fair shot and an artificially created MAJOR momentum shift. Can't say we got robbed of a ring because who knows what coulda happened. Also, I don't wanna say robbed of a chip, or I don't wanna say choked either, because that takes away from what Cleveland accomplished, but they earned their title so I don't wanna take away from it. They have they chip, they were the best team of 2016. Woulda coulda shoulda doesn't matter, yes it sucks, but what happened happened.

You did not get robbed of a fair shot. You have a nut hunting low life on the Warriors that hunted one too many pair of nuts. Comeuppance.

Leftcoast_yg
06-20-2016, 05:45 AM

I second this, Curry was really disappointing this series, he has to learn to play through foul trouble. Curry is too valuable to be in foul trouble but i dont know if he knows that.

GoferKing_
06-20-2016, 05:56 AM

OKC got robbed from NBA Finals. Btw. Green missed one game, you more games to close this series (So did OKC). End of story.

nastynice
06-20-2016, 06:03 AM
Green missed one game, you more games to close this series (So did OKC). End of story.

Yea, I know, didn't I already say that in an earlier post? lol, wtf is going on in here??

PhillyFaninLA
06-20-2016, 06:04 AM
I'd make the case the he should have been suspended against the Thunder, and if that happens than the may not come back from 3 - 1 done there.

Lets not make excuses. Lebron was playing out of his mind, Kyrie was clutch. Curry 2 years in a row went from spectacular and special in the regular season to good in the finals.

Teeboy1487
06-20-2016, 07:16 AM
I'm warning anyone now, that if you don't like my opinion on this to the point of insulting me, you can kiss my *** and don't respond. If I was a Dubs fan, I would feel anger towards the NBA, but I want go as far as say robbed because they still had every chance to close out the Cavs and failed. Back to the Green play, it was such a throw away play. Green received punishment because of something he should have been suspended for last series against the Thunder. I did not believe it was a flagrant foul. That was utter BS imo. I just believe you let the best players play in the championship especially on such a throw away play. Imo, it swung the momentum of the series and GS never recovered.

However, Green's suspension was not why they lost the series. Poor shot selection, poor defensive rebounding, and no answer for Kyrie and Lebron. Golden State never faced adversity in the regular season and that was their down fall. Curry and Thompson don't know what to do when their shots are not falling. Barnes going into a huge shooting slump was devastating. I thought GS was still too ****ing cocky. Seriously, who attempts a behind the back pass in ****ing Game 7 of the NBA Finals. That's something you do in the regular season and not the closing moments of the NBA finals. Golden State lost this series. Curry and Thompson needs to get in the gym and add some pull up mid range jumpshot, fadeaways, and finishing around the bucket to their arsenal. People don't appreciate one on one scorers enough. Killer Kyrie showed every one why they should be appreciated.

DanG
06-20-2016, 07:50 AM
I do believe GSW would have won without the suspension. Don't see them losing 3 straight with full squad.

But then again there are no excuses for them to lose game 7 on their home court so it's ok.

R. Johnson#3
06-20-2016, 08:49 AM
If he was suspended for game 7 then there could be an argument but the Warriors had games 6 and 7 with him. Yeah Bogut got hurt but teams have to pick up the slack when a player goes down. Injuries are part of the game.

Steph Curry robbed the Warriors this year and I'm a Steph Curry fan. Ball movement came to a halt when the ball would touch his hands and whistles started being blown on his lazy defense. He felt the need to step up and instead of playing smart, he forced it. Horrendous shot selection not just on the 3 pointers but even on drives.

Big Zo
06-20-2016, 09:05 AM
That was an epic all around choke job by Golden State. I wanted them to win, but they got what they deserved for talking **** about "hurt feelings"

koreancabbage
06-20-2016, 09:37 AM
robbed? LOL they couldn't even win the next two games with Draymond in the lineup. GS had 3 CHANCES to win.

da ThRONe
06-20-2016, 09:54 AM
After beating the Cavs last year without Love and Irving who cares. Thunder could make a case he should have been suspended the series before it happens they lost.

mavwar53
06-20-2016, 10:06 AM
Yes somewhat, but the fact is there is too many other places to put blame, coaching staff for leaving Barnes and Ezeli in too long is the obvious one to me, steph I believe is really injured and will have shoulder surgery in the off season. Bogut being injured hurt because he could have given us some minutes with a competent player on the floor, not a whole lot of time but enough for some others to at least get some rest. The main reason to get mad about the Draymond suspension is that it gave the cavs confidence and almost made it a game 7 do or die because it's very tough to close out on the road.

mavwar53
06-20-2016, 10:09 AM
I'd make the case the he should have been suspended against the Thunder, and if that happens than the may not come back from 3 - 1 done there.

Lets not make excuses. Lebron was playing out of his mind, Kyrie was clutch. Curry 2 years in a row went from spectacular and special in the regular season to good in the finals.

You do realize the game that he would have been suspended the Warriors lost right? So that point is moot. I've already said my peace on the original topic but I wanted to point this out to all the historians in here.

MagicBucsSox
06-20-2016, 10:09 AM
Lmao so LeBron can play without Kyrie n Love but the "MVP" can't play without one guy,Gtfoh

LA_1
06-20-2016, 10:20 AM
Exactly! ^^^ no one said a word about Lebron not having kyrie and love. Now people felt robbed because ONE PLAYER missed 1 game when they were up 3-1?!!! Lmao get outta here.

Just goes to show how average the Warriors are if they don't have there shot falling. So overrated.

mightybosstone
06-20-2016, 10:32 AM
Between the Draymond suspension and what some people believe was an unfairly called Game 6 with regards to Curry's fouls, I've heard a lot of words like "rigged" and "robbed" being thrown around, not even necessarily just on PSD. But you can debate Draymond's intent or whether it was flagrant worthy or whether those calls on Curry were legitimate until you're blue in the face. The bottom line is that the Warriors were up 3-1 with two games left at home to win the series, and they had plenty of chances to close it out. All they had to do last night was hit a couple of shots in the last four minutes of the game, and they probably take the series. They couldn't do it.

So, I'm sorry, but I don't buy for a second that the league's suspension of Draymond or any other excuse "robbed" the Warriors of winning that series in any way. If you're up 3-1 in the Finals with homecourt advantage, you should win that series. Period.

mavwar53
06-20-2016, 10:39 AM
Exactly! ^^^ no one said a word about Lebron not having kyrie and love. Now people felt robbed because ONE PLAYER missed 1 game when they were up 3-1?!!! Lmao get outta here.

Just goes to show how average the Warriors are if they don't have there shot falling. So overrated.

Never heard a word? LMAO, that was the entire year since last years finals, do you live under a rock?

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 10:46 AM
Never heard a word? LMAO, that was the entire year since last years finals, do you live under a rock?

They really didn't. They just said LeBron choked again. Go run through that thread and see.

LA_1
06-20-2016, 11:17 AM
I'm just happy the Warriors lost. Not one person gave a **** about them 3 years ago. Sick and tired of the dumb bandwagon fans that come into work and act like they know basketball.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-20-2016, 11:44 AM
Nonsense... they got beat plain and simple. They had plenty of chances to win. Lebron and Kyrie completely outplayed the splash brothers. End of discussion.

GoferKing_
06-20-2016, 11:51 AM

This x1000000000000000000

nastynice
06-20-2016, 01:02 PM
I'm just happy the Warriors lost. Not one person gave a **** about them 3 years ago. Sick and tired of the dumb bandwagon fans that come into work and act like they know basketball.

So you must be happy every time any championship team loses, since in the history of he sport every championship team gets bandwagon fans??

just say "I'm a hater", just be straight with ur words, lol

krazylegz
06-20-2016, 01:46 PM
cavs baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

bigsams50
06-20-2016, 01:59 PM
Thats was his 5th flagrant of the playoffs... THE PLAYOFFS. He deserved to get suspended. He wasnt robbed,. he needs to just calm his **** down. And,. the league stated
"The NBA called Green's action a "retaliatory swipe of his hand to the groin" of James."
So by thtat,. yes,. it is a flagrant.

CHANGO
06-20-2016, 02:07 PM
Nonsense... they got beat plain and simple. They had plenty of chances to win. Lebron and Kyrie completely outplayed the splash brothers. End of discussion.

This... Nastynice is crazy lmfao...

krazylegz
06-20-2016, 02:20 PM
lol,please.......monta is beast.....and the rest of yall pretty much guaranteeing victory (especially you monta)....this one is for yall..............GO CLEVELAND

CardinalRed24
06-20-2016, 02:26 PM
Of course they do. He should have NEVER have been suspended. Any team would feel cheated in this kind of scenario. Esp now that they lost. However, if you asked GS fans how they felt after hearing of the suspension, I bet just about all of them thought they'd still close out the series anyway.

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 02:27 PM
Of course they do. He should have NEVER have been suspended. Any team would feel cheated in this kind of scenario. Esp now that they lost. However, if you asked GS fans how they felt after hearing of the suspension, I bet just about all of them thought they'd still close out the series anyway.

Just cause they feel cheated doesn't mean it wasn't the right call.. Never have been suspended? Yeah, he should be allowed to hit every player's groin.

Meth
06-20-2016, 02:54 PM
Draymond's suspension didn't cost us the series. Bogut's injury hurt us more. Kerr's decision to play Ezeli and Varejao more minutes rather than sticking with the small ball lineup really ended up biting him. I thought Livingston should have played more. Barnes again has shown to be terribly streaky in the worst possible time. Game seven was ours to win. The game was basically tied in the last 4 minutes or so. The Cavs were scoreless in that stretch; LeBron and Kyrie made their shots and the Warriors didn't. We had every opportunity to win game 7

bucketss
06-20-2016, 03:02 PM
Lol some of them were guaranteeing they would win every game after the suspension.

Rush
06-20-2016, 03:42 PM
I do not feel robbed. They had three games to win one game and they didn't (two of three being home games). The Cavs played much better in those games, they shot better, made the shots at big moments when they needed them, they were more physical, and they out rebounded us. Curry was nowhere near the player he was during the season, Barnes disappeared, Ezeli was no help. Was Curry not 100%, probably, but that's no excuse for some of his poor decision making.

Bogut being out hurt significantly. Besides Draymond, he was our only other big body that would've made a difference. Ezeli and Varejao were not physical enough.

Warriors could've won that series, they had the opportunities, but didn't execute as well as the Cavs.