PDA

View Full Version : So is Kevin Love staying in Cleveland now?

Quinnsanity
06-20-2016, 01:00 AM
It seemed like a lock that Love was gone, but he just had a great Game 7 (Cavs were +19 when he was on the floor, his defense was much improved, incredible rebounding etc...), so do they keep him? Hard to trade such a major part of a champion, especially when they need his scoring in the regular season to keep LeBron rested for the Finals.

IKnowHoops
06-20-2016, 01:03 AM
It seems pretty obvious that Kevin Love needs to be traded. What teams out there want Love and what can the Cavs expect to get back. What is your best trade scenario for the Cavs this offseason?

Vinny642
06-20-2016, 01:06 AM
U might get that one dumb GM that screams STATSSSS OMG and trades for him

LOb0
06-20-2016, 01:07 AM
Well the best case would be getting another primary scorer. LeBron still loves being the facilitator more so than a scorer. He just gets forced into it. I really think they would be great getting Melo.

Outside of that? They could get a huge haul from Boston with a Nets pick (tradable asset) and quality role players, like Avery Bradley who is the best defender in the league for Steph Curry. They have tons of options to improve the team.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2016, 01:12 AM
they could become so much better without him so i hope not.... They need to forget a big 3 ******** and just trade him for a good 2 way player. You cant have his defense and irvings defense on the same team in the same starting line up and hope to continue to beat the warriors/raptors/heat/pacers/celtics/spurs/thunder.... Lebron wont always be a god and they really need to prepare for his decline.

Vinny642
06-20-2016, 01:18 AM
Well the best case would be getting another primary scorer. LeBron still loves being the facilitator more so than a scorer. He just gets forced into it. I really think they would be great getting Melo.

Outside of that? They could get a huge haul from Boston with a Nets pick (tradable asset) and quality role players, like Avery Bradley who is the best defender in the league for Steph Curry. They have tons of options to improve the team.

LMAO Boston isnt gonna trade picks for Love. Love will not net a huge haul anywhere

LOb0
06-20-2016, 01:21 AM
LMAO Boston isnt gonna trade picks for Love. Love will not net a huge haul anywhere

Oh yes we will. Anyone on the roster and a nets pick is on the table.

Quinnsanity
06-20-2016, 01:22 AM
they could become so much better without him so i hope not.... They need to forget a big 3 ******** and just trade him for a good 2 way player. You cant have his defense and irvings defense on the same team in the same starting line up and hope to continue to beat the warriors/raptors/heat/pacers/celtics/spurs/thunder.... Lebron wont always be a god and they really need to prepare for his decline.

I agree with the sentiment that they should forget the big 3 nonsense, but no, they do not get better without him. He's routinely had among the highest plus/minus for the Cavs in this series (and did today at +19), and during the regular season they had a +8.1 net rating with him on the floor and only +1.9 without him. Compare that to Kyrie, the Cavs were actually better with him off the floor (+5.9) than on it (+5.7), and there's plenty more evidence to suggest that that he's the one they're better without, but they can't trade him now for PR reasons. So yea, fine with the idea of trading him and they could build a team that makes more sense for LeBron, but no, the Cavs are not better without him.

bucketss
06-20-2016, 01:23 AM
i don't think hes getting traded after winning a chip with him, especially since he stepped up his defense past few games.

naps
06-20-2016, 01:31 AM
Trade him for 2 other useful role players. Them winning doesnt erase the fact that he doesnt fit whatsoever. Their big three in Kyrie-Bron-Thompson.

LaLa_Land
06-20-2016, 01:35 AM
I bet Cleveland brass will talk him up, make him out to be a fantastic piece moving forward, and that they will not trade him under any circumstances.

Then he'll be traded.

He won't garner anything near what Cleveland gave up to acquire him. Which stinks for Cleveland, simply because he turned out to be a poor fit within their starting lineup. He put in a good game on the glass in game 7, but man oh man was he awful during the series. On par with Harrison Barnes with regards to "being exposed".

I can imagine a three team trade where Carmelo lands in Cleveland, the Knicks acquire youth/picks, and the third team bites on Love.

But hey, this guy has a ring. A big fat championship ring.

CHANGO
06-20-2016, 01:38 AM
If they want to contest for another title next season, they better trade his *** with one ring now before it's too late.

Give that team an athletic PF/C or PF/SF role player and a SG/SF shooter/defender and you are good to go.

CHANGO
06-20-2016, 01:42 AM
As I said on another thread.

IF they can get a 2 for 1 deal with an athletic PF/SF role player and a SG/SF defensive shooter they are good to go.

I think Delly is a free agent so a PG/SG defensive shooter should be better.

LOb0
06-20-2016, 01:44 AM
As I said on another thread.

IF they can get a 2 for 1 deal with an athletic PF/SF role player and a SG/SF defensive shooter they are good to go.

I think Delly is a free agent so a PG/SG defensive shooter should be better.

As the Celtics unofficial GM Im offering Jay Crowder a nets pick and Avery Bradley. Deal?

hotdalton18
06-20-2016, 01:46 AM
Trade love to Boston for Bradley , Olynic and the 3rd pick

Works for both teams

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 01:51 AM
I hate to say it because it looked awesome seeing K.Love win after all the trash they threw at him but he doesn't fit with this team. I don't know how much more heavy lifting James and Kyrie could have done. He played great in game 7 compared to the others but still.. the saying "if it works, don't fix it" is true and quite frankly, Kevin Love doesn't work on this team. Both parties (K.Love and Cleveland) can do much better on their own.

CHANGO
06-20-2016, 01:56 AM
As the Celtics unofficial GM Im offering Jay Crowder a nets pick and Avery Bradley. Deal?

Talk with Vee-Rex to see if he pulls the trigger. I'm not into contracts but Crowder and Bradley for Love is too good to pass. (You ****ed me with the contracts maybe) LOL

But yes, that's a perfect trade IMO, that's what they need, young defensive/athletic pieces who can also shoot the 3.

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 01:59 AM
Why would Cavs want Crowder and Bradley? Two unproven players, sorry. You can get much more for K.Love. I like the defensive ability of those players but you can easily get someone like Milsap for him.

LOb0
06-20-2016, 02:02 AM
Why would Cavs want Crowder and Bradley? Two unproven players, sorry. You can get much more for K.Love. I like the defensive ability of those players but you can easily get someone like Milsap for him.

Bradley is perhaps the best defensive guard in the league. And the best defensive match up for Curry in the league. Crowder is just a solid 3 that hits 3s and plays defense.

Confusious
06-20-2016, 02:06 AM
Not getting moved.

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 02:09 AM
Bradley is perhaps the best defensive guard in the league. And the best defensive match up for Curry in the league. Crowder is just a solid 3 that hits 3s and plays defense.

Where do they play Bradley? They have Shump and Irving. Possibly a resign with J.R. and Delly. I'm not saying Bradley/Crowder aren't good for this team but think about what they can get for Love. It's much more valuable than Bradley/Crowder.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2016, 02:12 AM
I agree with the sentiment that they should forget the big 3 nonsense, but no, they do not get better without him. He's routinely had among the highest plus/minus for the Cavs in this series (and did today at +19), and during the regular season they had a +8.1 net rating with him on the floor and only +1.9 without him. Compare that to Kyrie, the Cavs were actually better with him off the floor (+5.9) than on it (+5.7), and there's plenty more evidence to suggest that that he's the one they're better without, but they can't trade him now for PR reasons. So yea, fine with the idea of trading him and they could build a team that makes more sense for LeBron, but no, the Cavs are not better without him.

plus/minus is the worst stat you can ever go by... His defense is god awful period. He doesnt fit with them... They are 100 percent better without him

LOb0
06-20-2016, 02:12 AM
Where do they play Bradley? They have Shump and Irving. Possibly a resign with J.R. and Delly. I'm not saying Bradley/Crowder aren't good for this team but think about what they can get for Love. It's much more valuable than Bradley/Crowder.

Im going to assume Curry is going to be bloodlusted after this. I would much rather have Bradley than Shump for this next season. Also you're forgetting the Nets pick which will likely be top 3.(If they want a future one and not the current one) Highly tradable asset they can get another player for.

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 02:16 AM
Im going to assume Curry is going to be bloodlusted after this. I would much rather have Bradley than Shump for this next season. Also you're forgetting the Nets pick which will likely be top 3. Highly tradable asset they can get another player for.

Will be difficult for Cavs to get rid of Shump. He was just signed to what I will now admit is an overpaid contract. Many open shots were missed the entire playoffs. Great defense but he needs to work on his shooting. I don't know what Cavs will do with Love but I've been saying all season that LeBron needs to play a Magic-like role for this team for the years to come. He can't be depended on scoring at age 32 when he is a bad shooter and not getting any more athletic.

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 02:18 AM
+/- is stupid. Draymond was the best player on the court tonight and he had a -1 +/- while Speights had a +5 or something. It's too difficult to judge what occurred at that span. K.Love was probably in the game when the Cavs just had a good run making shots or maybe Draymond wasn't defending him, etc. Just way too many variables to decide from.

LOb0
06-20-2016, 02:19 AM
Will be difficult for Cavs to get rid of Shump. He was just signed to what I will now admit is an overpaid contract. Many open shots were missed the entire playoffs. Great defense but he needs to work on his shooting. I don't know what Cavs will do with Love but I've been saying all season that LeBron needs to play a Magic-like role for this team for the years to come. He can't be depended on scoring at age 32 when he is a bad shooter and not getting any more athletic.

Agreed. I'm not sure how he willed back his jump shot for games 5 and 6 but they can't rely on that. He lost it again in game 7. He was really struggling to score. They need another primary offensive weapon. Problem is there isn't many of those out there. They should look for that before anything.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-20-2016, 02:23 AM
+/- is stupid. Draymond was the best player on the court tonight and he had a -1 +/- while Speights had a +5 or something. It's too difficult to judge what occurred at that span. K.Love was probably in the game when the Cavs just had a good run making shots or maybe Draymond wasn't defending him, etc. Just way too many variables to decide from.

For a one game sample size its dumb to use plus/minus. But its telling for a years worth of input

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 02:26 AM
For a one game sample size its dumb to use plus/minus. But its telling for a years worth of input

They played Love against 2nd tier units and mostly when Curry/Dray/Klay were benched. I'm not saying it doesn't hold any value but I think the bigger issue is just realizing a player doesn't work for a particular team. There's nothing wrong with that. Love has the chip and won't be scrutinized for it. Cavs have an obligation to come back better for next season and years to come. If both parties part way, they should do it now. Love has nothing to prove in terms of rings. Right now, his career should be focused on making himself a superstar again.

CHANGO
06-20-2016, 02:27 AM

I think Love's value has diminished in Cleveland. So Bradley/Crowder sounds fair.

Comparing Bradley and Shump is crazy, Shump in this Finals was bad, he can't even shoot. Bradley is a better shooter and much better defender.

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 02:33 AM
I think Love's value has diminished in Cleveland. So Bradley/Crowder sounds fair.

Comparing Bradley and Shump is crazy, Shump in this Finals was bad, he can't even shoot. Bradley is a better shooter and much better defender.

What I'm saying is that Cavs have Shump/Irving and most likely, a resigning of Smith/Delly. I don't think guard play is their issue. Frontcourt on the other hand needs huge work. As of now, their only performing frontcourt player was TT. Love, Mosgov, Channing, RJ, and Kaun are either: 1) Retiring 2) Not good enough.

I wouldn't mind seeing Bron hit the PF position like he did for Miami either but to say Love's value has diminished to the point where he's only worth Crowder/Bradley? Idk about that. I think many teams realize Love just doesn't fit for the Cavs. He's still a top 15 player, no doubt. But his status comes when he's the 1st/2nd option on a team. Him being a 3rd option will never fulfill his potential with the way he plays.

naps
06-20-2016, 02:44 AM
Milsap is a good name. He will fit in a hell lot better in this cavs team than Love did, at both ends.

Nikeman
06-20-2016, 02:55 AM
The logical thing for the Cavs to do would be trade Love. If they can potentially get back 2-3 quality players, with one of them being a quality starter they are set.

There is a very good chance JR Smith leaves Cleveland, he's planning to opt out and look for the big money. The Cavs although they won the finals, showed throughout the series the bench is weak. If they could get a replacement PF for Love and 2 other high quality bench players, they would be even deeper and better position for next season.

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 03:03 AM
The logical thing for the Cavs to do would be trade Love. If they can potentially get back 2-3 quality players, with one of them being a quality starter they are set.

There is a very good chance JR Smith leaves Cleveland, he's planning to opt out and look for the big money. The Cavs although they won the finals, showed throughout the series the bench is weak. If they could get a replacement PF for Love and 2 other high quality bench players, they would be even deeper and better position for next season.

Idk if Smith will leave if Cavs can give him a reasonable offer but best of luck to him. His postgame speech was nothing short of pure joy.

TylerSL
06-20-2016, 03:09 AM
Yes because it won't be worth it for Cleveland to trade him. There is no way they would get significant return in a trade because he still has 3 years and $68 million left on his contract and a team option for $25.5 million in 2019 that Cleveland would be fools to pick up. Even with the rising salary the only kinds of teams that would be interested in bringing him on would be other contending teams, and they would want to trade future picks. Wouldn't really help Lebron/Cleveland who are trying to win now. The only way Love gets traded is if Lebron leaves again.

Chronz
06-20-2016, 03:32 AM
Milsap+Korver+picks for Love sounds fair.

Nick O
06-20-2016, 03:42 AM
honestly. hes got his ring and isnt really liked there. might as well go someplace ****** again and wrack up double doubles

Heediot
06-20-2016, 07:15 AM
To Boston Kevin Love and Mo
To Cleveland Crowder, Amir, Sullinger

Kyrie, JR, Crowder, LBJ, Thompson
Delly, Shump, RJ, Sullinger, Amir, Frye

They have the option of starting Sullinger/Amir for offense/defense against specific match-ups to give LBJ a break from playing PF too much.

Trade gives the team much more versatility.

da ThRONe
06-20-2016, 08:25 AM
At this point it appears safe to say a trade shipping Love out of Cleveland is best for all parties involved. I can see a scenario where if the Celtics are willing to trade away the two picks they got from Brooklyn that Love could turn into Boogie Cousins. The Kings are in a bad place. The 3rd pick this year, Brooklyn's 2017 pick, and some combination of Smart, Shumpert, Thompson, Young, Bradley, Olynyk, may be enough to part with Cousins. The Celtics by all reports seems more focused on winning now. I could see them targeting Gordon Hayward at some point during the season or off season. The Cavs has the leadership with LeBron to handle Demarcus. Boogie is likely to be everything they thought they were getting from Love.

ewing
06-20-2016, 08:40 AM

No offense but i don't get this opinion. the Cavs have shown they can be a very good defensive team with both guys on the floor.

ewing
06-20-2016, 08:42 AM
i think he is gone

Tony_Starks
06-20-2016, 08:48 AM
Nope. Still gone.

He indicted himself with his play in game 7. He went out there and straight up hustled on the boards all night. Regardless of if he was getting shots or not.

He should've been doing that the whole series, that was supposed to be a staple of his game.

He's too mentally weak.

KnicksorBust
06-20-2016, 09:52 AM
He had a lot of good games for the Cavs this year. This was a bad matchup for him. Its funny bc TTs contract looked terrible all season but he earned his money in the finals.

AllBall
06-20-2016, 09:54 AM
He's a gonner. He got his ring, they owe him nothing. He played well, but he's dispensable to that team, so he's a trade asset.

Yanks All Day
06-20-2016, 10:04 AM
I think people have short term memories. They see the NBA Finals and hate on Kevin Love. It's not that he's a bad fit for Cleveland. He's a bad matchup against Golden State. That's really about it. Otherwise, he had a really good 2nd half of the season and it carried over into the playoffs. The Warriors just happen to be a bad matchup for Love. If they played San Antonio, he's probably a bad matchup for LaMarcus Aldridge. If it was OKC, he's on par with Ibaka. The problem with Golden State is that he has to matchup with a much smaller opponent or Draymond Green and it doesn't work.

Cleveland can't get equal value in return. Unless someone comes with an offer than breaks the bank, there's no reason to deal him. They'd spend the next 5 years in the Finals anyway with LeBron-Kyrie-Love-Thompson and various role players. If I'm the Cavs, I work on finding a suitable backup PG for Kyrie, another swingman like Jefferson, and maybe a rim protector, though not as necessary. Otherwise, Cavs just need to fill the court with shooters. None of those situations call for trading Love. It's easy to be reactionary to the last 7 games, but he's not as bad as people want to think.

rhymeratic
06-20-2016, 10:16 AM
Man listen, I'd be on the phone RIGHT now with Sacremento telling them how much better they would become by trading Kevin Love for DeMarcus Cousins.

To me that's the trade that needs to happen.

Minimal
06-20-2016, 10:35 AM
He just doesn't fit in the team, he is out of place and that leads to him playing bad. Love shot 38.5% in the playoffs and he is just bad defensively, he is too slow for this team. They need an athletic guy to keep up with the rest and also protect the rim. Cousins or even Howard (LeBron can bring the best out of Howard, he can change him) are those guys.

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 10:44 AM
Man listen, I'd be on the phone RIGHT now with Sacremento telling them how much better they would become by trading Kevin Love for DeMarcus Cousins.

I'm not sure if LeBron can get Cousins to stop acting like a child. Cousins is also a stat-stuffer like Love. I'll take him on my team but I'm not really sure he's what they need. It's easy to say, 26/12, wow! Good! But he's a high USG%/volume scorer just like Love was back in Minny. Didn't work out well. Cousins is a better post player but Cavs need spacing since Thompson can't shoot. They need a three/D guy who has length and ability to block shots or have some defensive presence.

Hawkeye15
06-20-2016, 10:52 AM
They absolutely should shop him. You don't pay a guy what he makes to stand in the corner, get some rebounds, and occasionally walk around like he lost his puppy.

They should shop him.

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 10:56 AM
They absolutely should shop him. You don't pay a guy what he makes to stand in the corner, get some rebounds, and occasionally walk around like he lost his puppy.

They should shop him.

The moment he kept looking for LeBron's approval, I knew it wasn't going to work. LeBron has a huge ego and he's also got a great feel for the game. What Kyrie did is what he expected Love to do. Love actually played great in game 7 but this entire playoffs, he's been below average by his standards. Everyone stepped up in this series but Kevin Love. That's a problem. I don't know how much LeBron and Kyrie can do for future seasons but their window is closing on trading Love if it doesn't happen this season.

mightybosstone
06-20-2016, 10:59 AM
I absolutely agree that Love isn't the best fit on that team. But I wouldn't necessarily assume they're going to get better by trading him either. He was a big piece for Cleveland all season long and had a couple of really solid postseason series against Detroit and Toronto. He stepped up pretty big in Games 5 and 6 after the Raptors tied up the series.

I think Cleveland should definitely shop him, but there's no reason for a fire sale. They should only trade him if they're certain they're going to get pieces that will make them a better basketball team and will have a long-term impact on the roster.

Hawkeye15
06-20-2016, 11:00 AM
I absolutely agree that Love isn't the best fit on that team. But I wouldn't necessarily assume they're going to get better by trading him either. He was a big piece for Cleveland all season long and had a couple of really solid postseason series against Detroit and Toronto. He stepped up pretty big in Games 5 and 6 after the Raptors tied up the series.

I think Cleveland should definitely shop him, but there's no reason for a fire sale. They should only trade him if they're certain they're going to get pieces that will make them a better basketball team and will have a long-term impact on the roster.

exactly, easiest way to put it.

Heediot
06-20-2016, 12:44 PM

I'd take that deal in a heart beat. Flip the nets pick for a solid pf if possible and they are good to go.

In my personal opinion they aren't getting too much more then Crowder, Sullinger, Amir package. That's just reality, his stock has dropped hard.

Heediot
06-20-2016, 12:46 PM
Milsap+Korver+picks for Love sounds fair.

They would be lucky if they are going to be getting that type of offer.

KnicksorBust
06-20-2016, 12:51 PM
Everyone knows he was still a 16ppg/10rpg big man who hit 36% of this threes right? Don't trade him. Just keep him and win b2b titles.

ZHawk1123
06-20-2016, 01:07 PM

You clearly haven't seen the Celtics play much. Bradley is much better than Shump or J.R.

Averaged 15 a game this season, shot the 3 well and was first team all-defense.

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 01:11 PM
You clearly haven't seen the Celtics play much. Bradley is much better than Shump or J.R.

Averaged 15 a game this season, shot the 3 well and was first team all-defense.

I haven't but I know Bradley/Crowder are great defenders. My point is that it will be tough to fit Bradley in when they have Shump and a few other guards. They could use more work improving their depleted frontcourt since TT was the only valuable frontcourt player in the Finals. Again, what do you do with the players you have NOW? Shump just signed a contract.

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 01:13 PM
Everyone knows he was still a 16ppg/10rpg big man who hit 36% of this threes right? Don't trade him. Just keep him and win b2b titles.

And a 15/9 in the playoffs shooting 39%, plays minimal defense. Not good offensively/defensively. Sucked even worse in the NBA Finals. Sorry, he sucked. If Cavs want to win for many years, they need to do something about Love.

JasonJohnHorn
06-20-2016, 01:19 PM
He had some rough patches, but I have to say that his defense was huge at points. I was really impressed with his defensive improvements in the post season.

CHANGO
06-20-2016, 01:56 PM
What I'm saying is that Cavs have Shump/Irving and most likely, a resigning of Smith/Delly. I don't think guard play is their issue. Frontcourt on the other hand needs huge work. As of now, their only performing frontcourt player was TT. Love, Mosgov, Channing, RJ, and Kaun are either: 1) Retiring 2) Not good enough.

I wouldn't mind seeing Bron hit the PF position like he did for Miami either but to say Love's value has diminished to the point where he's only worth Crowder/Bradley? Idk about that. I think many teams realize Love just doesn't fit for the Cavs. He's still a top 15 player, no doubt. But his status comes when he's the 1st/2nd option on a team. Him being a 3rd option will never fulfill his potential with the way he plays.

I get it now. I don't know Cavs situation in terms of free agent that's why I say that. But I heard earlier in the season they were going to let Delly walk so that's why I said a PG/SG combo. If they resign Delly and JR (I think JR is a lock) they don't need any PG/SG, so the focus would be a PF/C, PF/SF. Just give them another Tristan Thompson with shooting and that puts them over the top.

CHANGO
06-20-2016, 02:05 PM
Love wasn't great defensively, just because he contained Curry (or Curry contained himself) doesn't mean he was good defensively. His slow *** got the Cavs in trouble everytime he switched on a splash brother or tried to go back to his man. He is a liability.

People saying that Love is just a problem against the Warriors are crazy, against any other team with a quick good shooting PG they are in trouble. Put him in the P&R and you'll have a party with him defending. I expect the W's to go back to the NBA Finals and if Kevin Durant don't do anything crazy and go to the East, I expect the Cavs to do the same.

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 02:12 PM
Love wasn't great defensively, just because he contained Curry (or Curry contained himself) doesn't mean he was good defensively. His slow *** got the Cavs in trouble everytime he switched on a splash brother or tried to go back to his man. He is a liability.

People saying that Love is just a problem against the Warriors are crazy, against any other team with a quick good shooting PG they are in trouble. Put him in the P&R and you'll have a party with him defending. I expect the W's to go back to the NBA Finals and if Kevin Durant don't do anything crazy and go to the East, I expect the Cavs to do the same.

He was already exposed against the Raptors.

mrblisterdundee
06-20-2016, 02:15 PM
Kevin Love's the David Lee of the Cavaliers. He got a championship. Now let him go.

D-Leethal
06-20-2016, 02:17 PM
I think they won because they have so much talent - but the talent on that squad is awkward in a lot of spots. They have Kyrie at PG - do they really need a volume 3 point shooting SG? They would be much better off with an efficient 3 & D guy in the mold of a Danny Green. They would be better off with an defensive forward who has some range in Love's spot - someone like Ibaka.

I think they really need to get some versatile two way guys on that squad. LeBron isn't going full blown superman mode every time and without him and Kyrie wearing capes they don't win this series. They need to build a team that can win without that type of all time great effort. Don't think this current roster is set up for them to do that.

Vee-Rex
06-20-2016, 02:19 PM
It's crazy but I'm torn on the issue. My brain tells me that trading Love is the best move - we could fill out our roster for sure. I'd love to get Millsap + Korver (if that was possible).

Avery Bradley + Crowder is intriguing as well (though I'd rather have Millsap), but as Flash said it kind of gives us some redundancy. If I ship out Love, I want a big man in return.

However, my heart doesn't want to trade him just because we're fresh off a championship win. It just feels wrong to ship him out right after the win.

Oh well. I have faith in David Griffin, and if he makes a move then I'm behind it all the way.

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 02:23 PM
I think they won because they have so much talent - but the talent on that squad is awkward in a lot of spots. They have Kyrie at PG - do they really need a volume 3 point shooting SG? They would be much better off with an efficient 3 & D guy in the mold of a Danny Green. They would be better off with an defensive forward who has some range in Love's spot - someone like Ibaka.

I think they really need to get some versatile two way guys on that squad. LeBron isn't going full blown superman mode every time and without him and Kyrie wearing capes they don't win this series. They need to build a team that can win without that type of all time great effort. Don't think this current roster is set up for them to do that.

Kyrie plays like a SG but he has ballhandling skills suitable for a PG. It helps a lot that he brings the ball up more often and attracts the attention instead of LeBron. Easily gives LeBron rest time. Danny Green would be insane on this team. He's a much better version of J.R..

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 02:25 PM
It's crazy but I'm torn on the issue. My brain tells me that trading Love is the best move - we could fill out our roster for sure. I'd love to get Millsap + Korver (if that was possible).

Avery Bradley + Crowder is intriguing as well (though I'd rather have Millsap), but as Flash said it kind of gives us some redundancy. If I ship out Love, I want a big man in return.

However, my heart doesn't want to trade him just because we're fresh off a championship win. It just feels wrong to ship him out right after the win.

Oh well. I have faith in David Griffin, and if he makes a move then I'm behind it all the way.

Amazing GM the past two years. You guys are lucky to have him.. Would trade Presti for his *** any day.

IKnowHoops
06-20-2016, 04:08 PM
Amazing GM the past two years. You guys are lucky to have him.. Would trade Presti for his *** any day.

Id trade love for Blake straight up. I think he'd fit well on this team. I may take cousins straight up. After that it would have to be a nice package

AllBall
06-20-2016, 04:10 PM

You realize the GM, coach and captain of the Cavs is Lebron, right?

DboneG
06-20-2016, 04:11 PM
I hate to say it because it looked awesome seeing K.Love win after all the trash they threw at him but he doesn't fit with this team. I don't know how much more heavy lifting James and Kyrie could have done. He played great in game 7 compared to the others but still.. the saying "if it works, don't fix it" is true and quite frankly, Kevin Love doesn't work on this team. Both parties (K.Love and Cleveland) can do much better on their own.

They just won a title with Love. You keep him...or try. He's BMW rims on a Chevy! The bolt pattern don't line up...but, you can make it work! And it looks good! How you think we got dubs today? Guys were using bigger rims that didn't fit their car.

Mopar engine in a chevy. Somebody said that wouldn't work. (But, it's kick *****!)

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 04:27 PM
You realize the GM, coach and captain of the Cavs is Lebron, right?

In that case, I hope OKC trades everything for that Gm/Coach/Captain/Player!

They just won a title with Love. You keep him...or try. He's BMW rims on a Chevy! The bolt pattern don't line up...but, you can make it work! And it looks good! How you think we got dubs today? Guys were using bigger rims that didn't fit their car.

Mopar engine in a chevy. Somebody said that wouldn't work. (But, it's kick *****!)

They barely won with Love, though. They can be much better. That's the goal for the Cleveland Cavailers and for any other team. You can't depend on these emotional and locker room issues with cryptic tweets for another season. If they can get better, they should look to do so. If it ain't broken, why fix it? Well, because it is broken. Cleveland just happened to have the two best players of the series on their team.

da ThRONe
06-20-2016, 05:04 PM

I think Sac is looking at a complete rebuild. Good thing for them Boston has the assets to hell expedite a rebuild. And Boston would love to have Love.

CodeRed
06-20-2016, 05:27 PM
To the Nuggets for Kenneth Faried, Will Barton, pick 15, and pick 19 ?

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 05:48 PM

Horrible trade tbh. I love Faried's motor but Cleveland already has one in TT. Will Barton is good but not a piece they need. Can't have both Faried/TT on the court with zero spacing. Not gonna look good for the Cavs. Neither player can score at all.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-20-2016, 06:07 PM
I don't think they'll trade him and I still think he's a fine fit with the Cavs. I think the Warriors were an awful matchup for him.

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 06:19 PM
I don't think they'll trade him and I still think he's a fine fit with the Cavs. I think the Warriors were an awful matchup for him.

He's kinda sucked the entire playoffs.

Heediot
06-20-2016, 06:20 PM
They will give Love another year to prove his worth and fit with the team. If things unravel in the playoffs next year and they fail to make it to the finals at least, he will be traded/scapegoat.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-20-2016, 07:10 PM
He's kinda sucked the entire playoffs.

Vs. Detroit he averaged 19 and 12 shooting 39 percent from 3.

Against Atlanta he averaged 19 and 13 shooting 47.5 percent from 3.

Against Toronto he was 15 and 6 shooting 45 percent from 3 and a 64 TS%

DboneG
06-20-2016, 07:13 PM
I would keep Kevin Love, and try to shore up the bench. The core players just won a championship.

UFA's. If the Cavs could pick up 2 to 4 of these guys the bench will be in great shape.
E'Twaun Moore
Kevin Martin
Wesley Johnson
Kirk Hinrich
Brandon Bass
DJ Augustin
David West
A young guy in the draft

Romo2Bryant
06-20-2016, 07:50 PM
I would keep Kevin Love, and try to shore up the bench. The core players just won a championship.

UFA's. If the Cavs could pick up 2 to 4 of these guys the bench will be in great shape.
E'Twaun Moore
Kevin Martin
Wesley Johnson
Kirk Hinrich
Brandon Bass
DJ Augustin
David West
A young guy in the draft

I see them going after Jared Dudley or Tayshaun Prince to replace, Richard Jefferson (retiring). Not much of an upgrade, but they do provide some leadership.

zn23
06-20-2016, 08:10 PM
Kevin Love played great in game 7. But he may have to accept the role as the scapegoat it seems. Much like Pau Gasol in LA and Chris Bosh in Miami.

Oakmont_4
06-20-2016, 08:18 PM

The Celtics would never offer that. The most I can see the C's offering up is Bradley, Jerebko and Olynyk and it probably gets denied by Cleveland. And we walk away from the table.

#3 and/or any nets picks...Not happening for Love. Those are for a true Franchise Player

chitownredbulls
06-20-2016, 08:22 PM

Love for Gay.......

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-20-2016, 08:41 PM
The Celtics would never offer that. The most I can see the C's offering up is Bradley, Jerebko and Olynyk and it probably gets denied by Cleveland. And we walk away from the table.

#3 and/or any nets picks...Not happening for Love. Those are for a true Franchise Player

It was still put out there like 2 weeks ago that the Celtics would still offer the 3rd pick and a starter if Love was on the market. I'm not saying I agree with doing that trade, but that's what's been reported.

IKnowHoops
06-20-2016, 08:55 PM

Thats interesting. How about Faried, Galla, Barton

IKnowHoops
06-20-2016, 09:09 PM
They will give Love another year to prove his worth and fit with the team. If things unravel in the playoffs next year and they fail to make it to the finals at least, he will be traded/scapegoat.

Hopefully they don't wait that long. And thankfully, Lebron has been doing this for a while and probably knows what needs to happen and it will. In this case I am glad Lebron is in the drivers seat because what ever he wants to happen will happen fast.

I think Lebron will have Love traded. I am really hoping for Blake Griffin. I think both teams would look into doing this and I think it makes both teams better. Griffin is a great team player. He can create and pass better than Love and he can do it off the dribble. He would make players around him better in the right offense and I like what I saw from Lue and I think the Cavs offense will suite him well.

kobe4thewinbang
06-21-2016, 01:32 AM
Kevin Love should be a Celtic. He can be 'the man' now that Pierce is gone and the only to challenge him is Isaiah Thomas 2.0. I've always pictured him as a Celtic and I think he'd be better used there.

He could bang down low again, consume rebounds, show the touch from deep when needed.

Yes, his defense is suspect but he did guard Curry with the game on the line and look who won.

I definitely don't think Cleveland is getting the most value out of him on the court. He has a big contract.

Maybe Celtics snag Al Horford or maybe Dwight (who knows?) to make up for Love's defense. Or Ezeli/Biyombo?

More-Than-Most
06-21-2016, 01:50 AM
Kevin Love played great in game 7. But he may have to accept the role as the scapegoat it seems. Much like Pau Gasol in LA and Chris Bosh in Miami.

His defense on curry was flat out as important as kyries 3 and lebrons dunk... It was amazing and he deserves his ring for that along.... The dude came to play in game 7.... There are 2 people that should feel ashamed... JR Smith for allowing curry to block his shot and curry for allowing Love to D him up in that situation.

IKnowHoops
06-21-2016, 04:24 AM
NBA offseasons are so interesting. I'm really expecting Love to be traded. At one point I was hoping they would make a trade for 3 solid pieces, but I think they can probably pick up some free agents to fill in. Now I want them to just go get Blake Griffin.

chaell
06-21-2016, 11:47 AM
They absolutely should shop him. You don't pay a guy what he makes to stand in the corner, get some rebounds, and occasionally walk around like he lost his puppy.http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/6.gif
http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/4.gif http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/12.gif

FlashBolt
06-21-2016, 12:52 PM
NBA offseasons are so interesting. I'm really expecting Love to be traded. At one point I was hoping they would make a trade for 3 solid pieces, but I think they can probably pick up some free agents to fill in. Now I want them to just go get Blake Griffin.

Man, Blake Griffin would be the best option after Anthony Davis.. Kyrie/JR running the fastbreak with BG/LJ on the left/right getting ready for the lob? Oh lord.. It would be Lob City on steroids. Blake is also a great passer for his position and is accurate on cuts. Would be easy bucket opportunities for LeBron. Clippers could also use Love. Put him as the second option with DJ defending, you give Love more leverage to be the player he was at Minny. I like that trade for both teams tbh.

da ThRONe
06-21-2016, 01:16 PM

If I'm the Clippers Love isn't enough to get Griffin. He's a far superior talent to Love. Hell he's significantly better than Davis. Blake has been very underrated lately. He's a guy you can run the offense through solid defender out the post, improved jumper, plus can handle and facilitate like a guard. The only question with Griffin is health and those concerns exist with Davis.

FraziersKnicks
06-21-2016, 02:08 PM
If I'm the Cavs, there are only two trades I do to improve the team.

Kevin Love for Paul Millsap and Kyle Korver.

Kevin Love for Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger and Jae Crowder.

That second one is a bit steep and I'm not sure how I would feel about an undersized Sullinger/Thompson front court but the defense would be so improved with Bradley and Crowder on the wings.

Love for Millsap and Korver would be absolutely perfect. Millsap is the perfect replacement. Great defender, passer, rebounder and shooter. Korver would be great as a gunner off the bench.

Other than that, I would hold on to Love. You've just won an NBA title. You don't need to go and do anything silly for the sake of it.

da ThRONe
06-21-2016, 02:50 PM

That second one is a bit steep and I'm not sure how I would feel about an undersized Sullinger/Thompson front court but the defense would be so improved with Bradley and Crowder on the wings.

Love for Millsap and Korver would be absolutely perfect. Millsap is the perfect replacement. Great defender, passer, rebounder and shooter. Korver would be great as a gunner off the bench.

Other than that, I would hold on to Love. You've just won an NBA title. You don't need to go and do anything silly for the sake of it.

So if Paul George or Boogie Cousins is available you say no?

IKnowHoops
06-21-2016, 03:05 PM
Man, Blake Griffin would be the best option after Anthony Davis.. Kyrie/JR running the fastbreak with BG/LJ on the left/right getting ready for the lob? Oh lord.. It would be Lob City on steroids. Blake is also a great passer for his position and is accurate on cuts. Would be easy bucket opportunities for LeBron. Clippers could also use Love. Put him as the second option with DJ defending, you give Love more leverage to be the player he was at Minny. I like that trade for both teams tbh.

I love it for Cleveland and I think both teams are better for it. Kyrie gets to shoot more 3's. I think Bron and Blake will work so well together. They will be giving each other oops every game. And Blake is better made to carry the load than Love when Bron and or Kyrie isn't in the game.

Heediot
06-21-2016, 03:12 PM
As a clippers fan, offensively Love is a better fit, but defensively and overall I would still keep Blake. Cavs would have to throw in more pieces to make it enticing enough. If they can get s three way with the C's to add Jae Crowder to the Clippers I would take that deal. Kevin love defense is pretty scary, although he had his small moments of glory in the finals.

dnl123
06-21-2016, 03:19 PM

Cavs don't have nearly enough to offer get either of those guys.

IKnowHoops
06-21-2016, 03:20 PM
If I'm the Clippers Love isn't enough to get Griffin. He's a far superior talent to Love. Hell he's significantly better than Davis. Blake has been very underrated lately. He's a guy you can run the offense through solid defender out the post, improved jumper, plus can handle and facilitate like a guard. The only question with Griffin is health and those concerns exist with Davis.

I love Blake, but I take AD all day over Blake. Also Clippers were better without Blake last year, and just based on fit, they would probably be a better team with Love.

IKnowHoops
06-21-2016, 03:23 PM

I'll take Millsap and Teague for love, but I can't stand Korver. He's a liability on defense, he won't even be able to play against the warriors in the finals

FraziersKnicks
06-21-2016, 03:24 PM

I say no to Boogie. As talented as he is, he's a ****ing head case who puts up a lot of empty numbers on a crap team. You think he's gonna be happy with 12 shots a game? Hell no. He'll take that even worse than Love.

PG would be an interesting one but absolutely no chance Pacers would offer that. He would also have to make the permanent transition to the 4 (or Bron would). Once again though, sharing shots will be tough. That's why trading Love for some guys that don't need 15-18 shots a game is the best way.

Look at the Warriors. They've got Curry and Klay who take all the shots and everyone else just has what's left. Green/Iggy/Bogut/Barnes/Livingston are all plus defenders who don't need a lot go shots a game.

Build around two guys that are your main scorers with a bunch of unselfish, strong defensive guys that can shoot.

Vee-Rex
06-21-2016, 03:25 PM
Love's value isn't high. There's no way we could pull a Davis or Griffin IMO.

IKnowHoops
06-21-2016, 03:26 PM
Cavs don't have nearly enough to offer get either of those guys.

I think K Love could fetch either. They know his stats as 3rd wheel are a bit deflated

Heediot
06-21-2016, 03:26 PM
I love Blake, but I take AD all day over Blake. Also Clippers were better without Blake last year, and just based on fit, they would probably be a better team with Love.

When Paul was injured the year before. Clippers did very good as well. Blake had MVP considerations that year.

IKnowHoops
06-21-2016, 03:30 PM
When Paul was injured the year before. Clippers did very good as well. Blake had MVP considerations that year.

Oh yeah, I don't mean to take anything from Blake. I love Blake. I feel because Paul handles the ball so much that many of Blake's abilities are not being used. Blake is awesome. I just rate AD higher.

IKnowHoops
06-21-2016, 03:46 PM
Love's value isn't high. There's no way we could pull a Davis or Griffin IMO.

With all the Drama Blake has had last year with beating up the ball boy, breaking his hand, and the Clippers being better without him, I think there is an average chance the Cavs could get that deal done with Blake.

I agree no chance for AD

Heediot
06-21-2016, 03:48 PM
Oh yeah, I don't mean to take anything from Blake. I love Blake. I feel because Paul handles the ball so much that many of Blake's abilities are not being used. Blake is awesome. I just rate AD higher.

I can agree with AD being a better player. But I don't think Love can get you Blake straight up.

IKnowHoops
06-21-2016, 03:57 PM
I can agree with AD being a better player. But I don't think Love can get you Blake straight up.

Your probably right, but I think some type of deal can be worked out between the two of them

Chronz
06-21-2016, 04:43 PM

We werent "better" without Blake. Cavs dont have enough to get him and I fail to see how Bron and Blake mesh. Their entire frontcourt would be comparised of guys who cant shoot, how do you get lopbs when teams shrink the floor to that degree? Has there ever been a team that won with that kind of setup. Where does Blake get his shots if he has less range than Love and is more ball dominant? At least the defense improves.

eDush
06-21-2016, 05:23 PM

We werent "better" without Blake. Cavs dont have enough to get him and I fail to see how Bron and Blake mesh. Their entire frontcourt would be comparised of guys who cant shoot, how do you get lopbs when teams shrink the floor to that degree? Has there ever been a team that won with that kind of setup. Where does Blake get his shots if he has less range than Love and is more ball dominant? At least the defense improves.
And if they wanted a flopper, they would have kept Varejao :nod:.

FlashBolt
06-21-2016, 05:32 PM
Blake's Griffin isn't that high either. Locker room issues, injury, he came back pretty unhealthy, etc. Clippers may be looking for a change. And to say Love's value isn't worthy is pretty unfair. He had to sacrifice a lot to play for this team. My only issue with him the entire season was that he didn't accept it and at times, looked like he played with zero effort. Shooting might be an issue but his upside for this team is tremendous. There will be lots of easy points for them in the paint.

Sportsguy9695
06-21-2016, 05:35 PM
It seemed like a lock that Love was gone, but he just had a great Game 7 (Cavs were +19 when he was on the floor, his defense was much improved, incredible rebounding etc...), so do they keep him? Hard to trade such a major part of a champion, especially when they need his scoring in the regular season to keep LeBron rested for the Finals.

the Cavs need to get rid of love one way or another. the guy was a big damper in the playoffs especially finals despite game 7

IKnowHoops
06-21-2016, 05:46 PM

If Cavs are better with Richard Jefferson over love, then they will be better with Blake.

And Kyrie JR and Channing are wet from 3 what u talkin bout?

Cavs can get pretty creative with there lineups. Kyrie/JR/Bron/Blake/Tristan will do just fine Chronz

FlashBolt
06-21-2016, 05:48 PM
If Cavs are better with Richard Jefferson over love, then they will be better with Blake.

And Kyrie JR and Channing are wet from 3 what u talkin bout?

Cavs can get pretty creative with there lineups. Kyrie/JR/Bron/Blake/Tristan will do just fine Chronz

Totally not fair.. RJ was only "better" because GSW was a bad matchup for Love. He doesn't have the quickness or athleticism to compete against Draymond.

IKnowHoops
06-21-2016, 06:03 PM
Totally not fair.. RJ was only "better" because GSW was a bad matchup for Love. He doesn't have the quickness or athleticism to compete against Draymond.

100%

But that's the team that matters because that's who they need to beat. I'm sure defensively Blake would be an upgrade against OKC or the Spurs as well

Chronz
06-21-2016, 06:33 PM
Blake's Griffin isn't that high either. Locker room issues, injury, he came back pretty unhealthy, etc. Clippers may be looking for a change. And to say Love's value isn't worthy is pretty unfair. He had to sacrifice a lot to play for this team. My only issue with him the entire season was that he didn't accept it and at times, looked like he played with zero effort. Shooting might be an issue but his upside for this team is tremendous. There will be lots of easy points for them in the paint.
It honestly just sounds like the team that won bronze in the Olympics. The fit would be even more awkward imo, like gimme a single example of a team that got lots of "easy buckets in the paint" when 3 of their 5 players cant space the floor. Show me a single set up in the zone era.

IKnowHoops
06-21-2016, 09:32 PM
It honestly just sounds like the team that won bronze in the Olympics. The fit would be even more awkward imo, like gimme a single example of a team that got lots of "easy buckets in the paint" when 3 of their 5 players cant space the floor. Show me a single set up in the zone era.

If Bron can get his Miami 3pt shot back, or keep his 2016 NBA finals 3pt shot, then there are plenty of examples of teams with that kind of spacing winning.

Detroit comes to mind. 80's and 2000's

Not to mention that the scoring talent with Lebron, Blake, and Kyrie will be off the hook. And if the Cavs feel they need to get better spacing, then Channing Frye will start and TT can just come off the bench.

Problem solved Chronzy boy.

KingstonHawke
06-21-2016, 10:49 PM
Nope. Swapping him for Melo. Been calling it for months now. Just makes too much sense from both sides. Cavs need a scorer who can compliment Lebron. And the Knicks need a go to guy who wants to be there and can play in the P&R for Lin's return.

IKnowHoops
06-21-2016, 11:58 PM

And dude, the problem with that bronze metal team wasn't the fit. They actually tried to put 3 point shooters like Mike Miller and Michael Redd on the squad. The problem was those guys sucked. The Cavs will be more talented than they are now.

You think that the Cavs won't make it out the east with there "awkward fit" of a team?

FraziersKnicks
06-22-2016, 08:15 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zr3k2dg

Cavs get: Paul Millsap, Avery Bradley
Celts get: Kevin Love, Kent Bazemore
Hawks get: Iman Shumpert, Amir Johnson, 3rd overall pick, Cavs 2018 first rounder

Cavs get two fantastic two way players. Celtics get Love and Bazemore is a poor man's Bradley whilst getting out of Amir Johnson's terrible deal. Hawks get the #3 pick and a future first rounder and two solid (if slightly overpaid) role players. Trade Teague for Noel and go full on rebuild mode with Shroeder, Noel, tons of cap space and whoever they pick with #3.

Just throwing ideas around. This trade clearly benefits the Cavs the most but I don't see them doing anything unless they get this kinda offer.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 09:38 AM
USA Bronze medal didn't work because AI was just there to ballhog. That's the truth.

eDush
06-25-2016, 05:06 PM
Love is staying according to my sources. I would have trade him if I can get like around 70% in return value for him. We need to be smart about making moves, not out of emotion but out of Love.
:love:

beasted86
06-25-2016, 05:16 PM
So did you guys not watch 36 year old Richard Jefferson play much more effectively on defense than Love?

Love needs to go. Championship or no championship. He's that bad defensively.

eDush
06-25-2016, 05:21 PM
So did you guys not watch 36 year old Richard Jefferson play much more effectively on defense than Love?

Love needs to go. Championship or no championship. He's that bad defensively.
Duh Cavs understand his defense. They signed him for his offense or the offense he left in Minny :pity:

believeinNYK
06-26-2016, 02:54 PM
As a knicks fan i reeeeall dont want love here, rather just stick it out with melo

also fail to see how blake griffin would be a better fit than love, maybe marginally but the cavs would improve much more by getting back two solid two-way players for Love

FlashBolt
06-27-2016, 12:07 PM
Cavs not trading him will be a huge mistake. It's like trying to put an engine that doesn't belong in a luxury car together. It might be a good engine but it won't run. Both parties benefit from this. I think a team that can really use Love are the Pistons, Clippers, Jazz, Blazers, Grizzlies, Rockets, and a few more. He can easily be a 20/10 player for those teams and get the shots he wants. But his potential is just really limited for the Cleveland. He can't defend so having him there is already a liability for half the time he's there. His offensive output doesn't look too well since he's mainly a three point shooter standing far from the basket (so his rebounding is hammered down). Really think Cavs should look to trade Love to the Celtics for Crowder/Bradley now and then try to get Pau Gasol or David West. I didn't like the idea before but Pau Gasol just wants to win and the more I think about it, they have to sign a guard anyways since J.R. is going to demand more money. Might as well get a better player in Bradley and Crowder can back LeBron up very nicely or slide into the SF in a small lineup.

IKnowHoops
06-27-2016, 02:26 PM
I still like Blake straight up. You can get 3 and D guys in free agency. Add Blake and three defensive wings who can hit 3s and Cavs are good

Vee-Rex
06-27-2016, 02:57 PM
I still like Blake straight up. You can get 3 and D guys in free agency. Add Blake and three defensive wings who can hit 3s and Cavs are good

It's just that easy, right?

IKnowHoops
06-27-2016, 09:58 PM
It's just that easy, right?

If we can get Blake for Love, then in free agency get Gerald Green, Evan Turner, and OJ Mayo, we will be ready for whatever next season.

Not impossible if we put our minds to exactly that. I'd say its 50/50 if indeed the Cavs put there resources towards achieving it.

smith&wesson
06-27-2016, 10:36 PM
Who cares. he is a role player now :shrug:

Vee-Rex
06-27-2016, 11:39 PM
Yeah, looks like both Lue and Griffin confirmed that they have no plans to move Love.

Jeffy25
06-27-2016, 11:45 PM
Who cares. he is a role player now :shrug:

A highly paid role player who affects their cap space

IKnowHoops
06-27-2016, 11:58 PM
Yeah, looks like both Lue and Griffin confirmed that they have no plans to move Love.

Well at the end of the day, that may very well be the case. But at the same time, if you want to get the best deal, that is also the attitude you want to display. If other teams know the Cavs want to get rid of Love, then they will low ball offer.

So not only could they be fronting, but also everyone has a price. Another team could offer a package to good to walk away from.

Jeffy25
06-28-2016, 12:22 AM
Well at the end of the day, that may very well be the case. But at the same time, if you want to get the best deal, that is also the attitude you want to display. If other teams know the Cavs want to get rid of Love, then they will low ball offer.

So not only could they be fronting, but also everyone has a price. Another team could offer a package to good to walk away from.

You are never going to say you are shopping a guy

IKnowHoops
06-28-2016, 12:31 AM
Love for Okafor + Noel?

Yanks All Day
06-28-2016, 09:10 AM

As they shouldn't. There's a very little chance they can even hope to get equal value for him. As it has been proven time and time again, there's only ONE bad matchup for him in the NBA, and that's Draymond Green and the Warriors. He's a nightmare in the pick-and-roll, and only the Warriors really play the kind of offense that exposes that because Green is a monster and Curry/Klay are 2 of the best shooters in NBA history. It's an awful matchup for a player like K-Love.

Otherwise, Kevin Love is a nightmare for most 4s in the league. He can spot-shoot and stretch the floor better than 98% of power forwards in the NBA. When needed, he has shown he can play in the post effectively. And on top of that, he's still a beast when it comes to rebounding. He averaged 9.9 rebounds this year, which was a "bad" year, except he also had Tristan Thompson grabbing 9 boards a game and LeBron grabbing 7.4. So he was still the best rebounder on a very good rebounding team.

He's not a bad player. He's an underutilized player whose last series against a bad matchup left the impression he's not good. That's just not true. He's a legitimate max contract player in the NBA who happens to only be the 3rd best player on his team. But in order to get equal value, it would be impossible for Cleveland. It would have to be a haul. Kyrie and LeBron need floor space, which a traditional 4 (especially paired with Thompson) won't provide. It's not as easy to replace Love as most think just because they watched the Finals. And Cleveland is smart enough to recognize that.

da ThRONe
06-28-2016, 10:28 AM
As they shouldn't. There's a very little chance they can even hope to get equal value for him. As it has been proven time and time again, there's only ONE bad matchup for him in the NBA, and that's Draymond Green and the Warriors. He's a nightmare in the pick-and-roll, and only the Warriors really play the kind of offense that exposes that because Green is a monster and Curry/Klay are 2 of the best shooters in NBA history. It's an awful matchup for a player like K-Love.

Otherwise, Kevin Love is a nightmare for most 4s in the league. He can spot-shoot and stretch the floor better than 98% of power forwards in the NBA. When needed, he has shown he can play in the post effectively. And on top of that, he's still a beast when it comes to rebounding. He averaged 9.9 rebounds this year, which was a "bad" year, except he also had Tristan Thompson grabbing 9 boards a game and LeBron grabbing 7.4. So he was still the best rebounder on a very good rebounding team.

He's not a bad player. He's an underutilized player whose last series against a bad matchup left the impression he's not good. That's just not true. He's a legitimate max contract player in the NBA who happens to only be the 3rd best player on his team. But in order to get equal value, it would be impossible for Cleveland. It would have to be a haul. Kyrie and LeBron need floor space, which a traditional 4 (especially paired with Thompson) won't provide. It's not as easy to replace Love as most think just because they watched the Finals. And Cleveland is smart enough to recognize that.

Yeah I think the biggest thing with the Big 3 pairing is a) one of the 3 has to be unselfish and b) that same unselfish player has to be versatile enough to complaint the other Big 2. It's clear that Love has to be either 1 or 2 in a Big 3. He doesn't want to sacrifice and he's not overly versatile. So while they won the title it was because James IMO is arguably the 2nd best player in the history of the NBA not because James/Irving/Love is a fit.

IKnowHoops
06-28-2016, 03:46 PM
Yeah I think the biggest thing with the Big 3 pairing is a) one of the 3 has to be unselfish and b) that same unselfish player has to be versatile enough to complaint the other Big 2. It's clear that Love has to be either 1 or 2 in a Big 3. He doesn't want to sacrifice and he's not overall versatile. So while they won the title it was because James IMO is arguably the 2nd best player in the history of the NBA not because James/Irving/Love is a fit.

I think Love played great at times. Was nonexistent other times. The Cavs are in a great position. They can keep him and then get the necessary pieces to cover up for loves defensive problems. Or they can trade him and get rid of that weekness altogether, all while accumulating a good amount of talent.

I'm down with whatever they do, but they have to do something. They can't go into the season thinking that this exact team can repeat. They need to be very aggressive if they want to win. They need to act as if Durant already joined GS.

beasted86
06-28-2016, 10:41 PM
I think Love played great at times. Was nonexistent other times. The Cavs are in a great position. They can keep him and then get the necessary pieces to cover up for loves defensive problems. Or they can trade him and get rid of that weekness altogether, all while accumulating a good amount of talent.

I'm down with whatever they do, but they have to do something. They can't go into the season thinking that this exact team can repeat. They need to be very aggressive if they want to win. They need to act as if Durant already joined GS.
They surely cannot expect 37yr old RJ to repeat his performance. They will need to figure something out defensively without bringing in dead weight offensively.

FlashBolt
06-28-2016, 10:59 PM
Irving+James are not going to be able to carry the load next season or for future seasons. This dude has just go to go. He's a floor spacer and that's pretty much it. Great rebounder but who cares anymore? Dude doesn't play defense, looks like a lost puppy trying to get LeBron's attention, and doesn't play good enough to warrant being anything other than a 3rd option.. heck, maybe 4th option at times behind J.R. The thing is, if he proved he could be a post presence player or someone who can do more than just space the floor, he should show it. He's in the back there for a reason and quite honestly, just because they won, doesn't mean Love should be safe. He's not the reason they won and he will be the reason why they don't turn into a dynasty. James is getting older and though Irving is great, you can't have your $20 million player getting benched for a 38 year old player in the NBA Finals.

IKnowHoops
06-28-2016, 11:38 PM
Could Cavs do a sign and trade with OKC Love for Durant and whatever pieces so that Durant got his money and OKC gets something in return and not just left without talent?

I feel like Durant would rather play with Lebron over playing with GS. GS just has the ability to do it.

FlashBolt
06-28-2016, 11:41 PM
Could Cavs do a sign and trade with OKC Love for Durant and whatever pieces so that Durant got his money and OKC gets something in return and not just left without talent?

No. We don't want Love unless we get rid of Ibaka.. which we did. I don't want that guy here at all taking up $20 million. We don't win with Love as a second option anyways. Huge setback for us, good for Cleveland.

IKnowHoops
06-28-2016, 11:48 PM
No. We don't want Love unless we get rid of Ibaka.. which we did. I don't want that guy here at all taking up $20 million. We don't win with Love as a second option anyways. Huge setback for us, good for Cleveland.

I hear ya but wouldn't it be better than just loosing him for nothing to GS?

I think Westbrook, Olidipo, Love would actually be a pretty good threesome. Obviously you never want to loose Durant for anyone, but I think having the above threesome to start next season would keep you in the top three in the west and make for a very intriguing start to your season. Love has learned a lot about winning basketball too.

FlashBolt
06-28-2016, 11:50 PM
I hear ya but wouldn't it be better than just loosing him for nothing to GS?

I think Westbrook, Olidipo, Love would actually be a pretty good threesome. Obviously you never want to loose Durant for anyone, but I think having the above threesome to start next season would keep you in the top three and make for a very intriguing start to your season. Love has learned a lot about winning basketball too.

What has he learned? haha.. if Kyrie doesn't knock down that three, we're talking a for-sure trade with Kevin Love involved. Them winning is great but it doesn't change the fact it was literally two guys for Cleveland all series with TT being a beast too.

IKnowHoops
06-29-2016, 12:39 AM
What has he learned? haha.. if Kyrie doesn't knock down that three, we're talking a for-sure trade with Kevin Love involved. Them winning is great but it doesn't change the fact it was literally two guys for Cleveland all series with TT being a beast too.

LOL, let me stop. It would be amazing for Cleveland, terrible for OKC, but not as bad as what probably will happen when Durant goes to GS. I'd love to see Durant and Lebron on the same squad though.

prodigy
06-29-2016, 01:28 AM

with Westbrook Thunder will still win quite a bit of games. I'm not sure if you guys can get someone better then Kevin Love. So the Thunder would listen to this. I think the NBA vetos any trade of Durant to Cleveland or Golden state though.

FlashBolt
06-29-2016, 01:45 AM
LOL, let me stop. It would be amazing for Cleveland, terrible for OKC, but not as bad as what probably will happen when Durant goes to GS. I'd love to see Durant and Lebron on the same squad though.

It is. We will be paying him $20 million and have him stuck in our cap. No thanks!

Chronz
06-29-2016, 12:31 PM
If Bron can get his Miami 3pt shot back, or keep his 2016 NBA finals 3pt shot, then there are plenty of examples of teams with that kind of spacing winning.

Detroit comes to mind. 80's and 2000's

Not to mention that the scoring talent with Lebron, Blake, and Kyrie will be off the hook. And if the Cavs feel they need to get better spacing, then Channing Frye will start and TT can just come off the bench.

Problem solved Chronzy boy.

So your plan is for Bron to become more of a jumpshooter despite his career rates trending towards him becoming more and more of an interior player? I think you're better off hoping Blake can continue expanding his range than hoping Bron gets his legs back.

As for your example, you use 2 teams that won off historically elite defenses to prove that the spacing wasn't a problem for them? Before I get to why that is wrong, yup problem solved, you just gotta hope they make for a historic defense (hear that Channing Frye). Anyways, its wrong because those teams actually had bigmen who could space you out. Does the name Bill Laimbeer ring a bell, dude was taking 3's before the pre-zone era made them fashionable. Sheed was the preeminent stretch 4 who could also defend back in the day. Not to mention Tay, Rip and Chauncey were all threats on the perimeter. They really only had 1 guy you could sag off of and even then you had to keep a body on him because he was the guy crashing the glass.

Those Pistons had the talent to play 4 out - 1 in, hell they could even bring Mehmet Okur off the bench and play a 5-out offense. Their offense revolved around Rip coming off screens and hitting cutters with the spacing provided by his movement, Sheeds outlet shooting, Chauncey's elite shooting and Tay was a respectable shooter/slasher.

You're gonna start Blake AND Frye? Sounds awful considering Blake struggles with his defense alongside an actual DPOY caliber anchor and elite defensive PG.

Their talent alone should leave them as contenders but the mix sounds even worse than it was before and I see a decline offensively cuz where is Blake gonna get his shots in such a cramped environment alongside even more ball dominant teammates?

Chronz
06-29-2016, 12:41 PM
USA Bronze medal didn't work because AI was just there to ballhog. That's the truth.

They got Bronze again(or Silver) when AI wasn't on the team and they were winning gold with other ball hogs before. AI actually played with heart and was playing mostly off the ball from what I remember. The truth is we could've won had the fit been better and we didn't take children like Melo and Bron before they were ready. Then again, even the vets felt like the arenas were the loudest they've ever been to and that it felt like the entire world was against them. We just needed shooters to be honest, its why our rate of 3's have exploded in international comp in the years since. Instead of RJ we should've had Battier. Instead of AI or Marbury we should've had Rip or someone. More team oriented guys to play around a dominant athlete, which could've been either of the 2 diminutive guards. We shouldve played smaller like we would in the coming years.

Vee-Rex
06-29-2016, 12:49 PM
I won't be mad if we go ahead and just keep Kevin Love (unless I hear word that we turned down some kind of package with Millsap). I'd rather our team tell Love to pack on some more pounds and muscle and see if he can be a little bit of a stronger force inside.

Love is a 3rd option and won't ever put up beautiful numbers on a regular basis for us. So I'll be happy with 16/10, but hopefully he can become a bit more efficient.

Also, I hope Lue have our guys switching a lot on defense during the regular season and getting better at playing well as a team defensively.

Chronz
06-29-2016, 01:07 PM
And dude, the problem with that bronze metal team wasn't the fit. They actually tried to put 3 point shooters like Mike Miller and Michael Redd on the squad. The problem was those guys sucked. The Cavs will be more talented than they are now.

You think that the Cavs won't make it out the east with there "awkward fit" of a team?

It was entirely the fit and its what led to the system we have in place now. Team USA was BY FAR the most talented team in the tournament, the reason they lost was because they didn't mesh so dont give me that talent talk. FYI, Michael Redd and Mike Miller were NEVER part of any Bronze team so please check your facts if you dont recall the events at hand. Not that you would care but it makes me trust you less in future/current debates.

Redd and Miller were only added to the team AFTER the failure in Athens and the less spectacular failure at the World Championships. They knew we needed more spacing and true PG's to spearhead the attack.

In 2004, Team USA sent nothing but SF's and didn't even try going small. Like whats the point in bringing the rooks for future development I guess? Shawn Marion and RJ were basically the same player who couldn't really space you out, particularly without the PG's to feed them quality looks. Then again, they were clanking WIDEOPEN shots so I doubt that was an issue.

in 2006, the hopes were that bringing the same cast of youngsters would lead to improved chemistry so this was the year we finally got to see CP3-Bron-Wade-Melo-Bosh core play the majority of the time, problem is, none of them are shooters so the the big addition as the designated shooters and glue guys were Kirk Hinrich, Battier and Joe Johnson. While they helped the problem (we outshot the opponents on average from 3) they weren't primary guys really, we still played alot of 1v1 and prototypical lineups with 2 natural bigs (tho less often).

In the sole loss vs Greece we were clanking everything, particularly the stars who have scoring ability thats "off the chain".

BKLYNpigeon
06-29-2016, 01:17 PM
Kevin Love had a good playoffs other then 3 games in the finals.

Hes not getting traded.

IKnowHoops
06-29-2016, 04:01 PM
It was entirely the fit and its what led to the system we have in place now. Team USA was BY FAR the most talented team in the tournament, the reason they lost was because they didn't mesh so dont give me that talent talk. FYI, Michael Redd and Mike Miller were NEVER part of any Bronze team so please check your facts if you dont recall the events at hand. Not that you would care but it makes me trust you less in future/current debates.

Redd and Miller were only added to the team AFTER the failure in Athens and the less spectacular failure at the World Championships. They knew we needed more spacing and true PG's to spearhead the attack.

In 2004, Team USA sent nothing but SF's and didn't even try going small. Like whats the point in bringing the rooks for future development I guess? Shawn Marion and RJ were basically the same player who couldn't really space you out, particularly without the PG's to feed them quality looks. Then again, they were clanking WIDEOPEN shots so I doubt that was an issue.

in 2006, the hopes were that bringing the same cast of youngsters would lead to improved chemistry so this was the year we finally got to see CP3-Bron-Wade-Melo-Bosh core play the majority of the time, problem is, none of them are shooters so the the big addition as the designated shooters and glue guys were Kirk Hinrich, Battier and Joe Johnson. While they helped the problem (we outshot the opponents on average from 3) they weren't primary guys really, we still played alot of 1v1 and prototypical lineups with 2 natural bigs (tho less often).

In the sole loss vs Greece we were clanking everything, particularly the stars who have scoring ability thats "off the chain".

The reason we lost is because we did not send our best. Sean Marion and Richard Jefferson have no buisness in our top 12 NBA players. After the original dream team we sent our absolute best for a while, but then we got complacent, send our 3rd and 4th string unit because the Stars turned it down and then we lost. If we send our 12 best players, I dont care what the fit is, our 12 best have always dominated Chronz.

Your "off the chain" scoring reference was false and pathetic, because it was false. We didnt have scorers who were off the chain. Our best Scorers at the time, Kobe, Vince, Tracy, Shaq, KG, all decided to stay home.

Chronz
06-29-2016, 10:23 PM
The reason we lost is because we did not send our best. Sean Marion and Richard Jefferson have no buisness in our top 12 NBA players. After the original dream team we sent our absolute best for a while, but then we got complacent, send our 3rd and 4th string unit because the Stars turned it down and then we lost. If we send our 12 best players, I dont care what the fit is, our 12 best have always dominated Chronz.

Your "off the chain" scoring reference was false and pathetic, because it was false. We didnt have scorers who were off the chain. Our best Scorers at the time, Kobe, Vince, Tracy, Shaq, KG, all decided to stay home.

The talent was still incredibly in our favor and we lost because its a 1 and done tourney where anything can happen. Looking at the entire run in the 04 Olympics tho, we still underperformed and it was entirely due to bad spacing. You get less talented guys in place of Marion and RJ like Redd and Battier and the team performs much better. As it was, we still had Duncan, Jermaine, Iverson leading them and its not like Bron, Wade and Melo were chopped liver. We just had a bad fit and bad coaching (an underrated factor).

Even tho we lost in 06, the team played MUCH better and that was amidst the primes of those Big 3 so their scoring ability shouldn´t be questioned. Like Wade was a better scorer than Shaq by 06 for instance.

IKnowHoops
06-30-2016, 09:23 AM
The talent was still incredibly in our favor and we lost because its a 1 and done tourney where anything can happen. Looking at the entire run in the 04 Olympics tho, we still underperformed and it was entirely due to bad spacing. You get less talented guys in place of Marion and RJ like Redd and Battier and the team performs much better. As it was, we still had Duncan, Jermaine, Iverson leading them and its not like Bron, Wade and Melo were chopped liver. We just had a bad fit and bad coaching (an underrated factor).

Even tho we lost in 06, the team played MUCH better and that was amidst the primes of those Big 3 so their scoring ability shouldn´t be questioned. Like Wade was a better scorer than Shaq by 06 for instance.

We send our 12 best, we win easily. We didn't come close to doing that so we lost.

FlashBolt
06-30-2016, 04:55 PM
04 Olympics was just a terrible roster that was horribly managed and runned. Larry Brown fell in love with Allen Iverson and thought this was the Sixers so he made him hog the ball as always. With Mike K., he does a great job of splitting the players ability evenly but USA Olympics has really taken a huge turn from when they didn't have the best players to now, where the best are usually in it. There comes a point where the talent regardless of the fit is just too good that it doesn't matter.

tyhgu
06-30-2016, 11:54 PM
It seems pretty obvious that Kevin Love needs to be traded. What teams out there want Love and what can the Cavs expect to get back. What is your best trade scenario for the Cavs this offseason?http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/24.gifhttp://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/6.gif
http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/4.gif