PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about small ball

STRIKERC
06-19-2016, 11:14 PM
How far can a team go without a decent interior presence?
Warriors' big men tonite were garbage and i felt the difference tonite was the big men.

Small Ball is touted as the new way to success following last year's championship.
Can a team truly sustain winning without a decent interior presence?

Alayla
06-19-2016, 11:22 PM
A team CAN do anything frankly any style can work if there is the right players the right coach and the right system but having good bigs makes things so much easier.
But i don't think the big men thing is really the aspect to take away from this what i see is that the 3 point shooting hype train has gotten so out of control the driver got drunk from the party and the train fell off the tracks.
People just need to come back down to earth and realize there is more ways to win than copying golden state in fact they are more the expectation than the rule both in the NBA today and throughout history.

nicnac
06-20-2016, 10:32 PM
A team CAN do anything frankly any style can work if there is the right players the right coach and the right system but having good bigs makes things so much easier.
But i don't think the big men thing is really the aspect to take away from this what i see is that the 3 point shooting hype train has gotten so out of control the driver got drunk from the party and the train fell off the tracks.
People just need to come back down to earth and realize there is more ways to win than copying golden state in fact they are more the expectation than the rule both in the NBA today and throughout history.

It was really frustrating to watch a player penetrate over and over again. Get 5 ft from the basic with no defender , and kick the ball out for a 30 footer. What would that gain if successfull, 1 more point. Smh. And a 5 footer should be greater than a 50% shot! smh

And what happened in game 7 was east coast defense and tenacity versus west coast flash. Old school in a since.

And I finally get lebron.... "true to the game " is a focus on ALL apects, not just 3 pointers and dunking. And most players don't even understand why he is great , other than his physical presence and skill set. He knows how to play basketball

He is the best, but not like MJ, more like Magic