PDA

View Full Version : Is there any chance Lebron leaves now??

Ty Fast
06-19-2016, 10:48 PM
I say he stays.

ManRam
06-19-2016, 10:56 PM
come on now.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-19-2016, 10:59 PM
He can do whatever he wants.

kdspurman
06-19-2016, 10:59 PM
I don't know if he even knows. But it wouldn't surprise me. I know he wants to play with his boys at some point

Dade County
06-19-2016, 11:01 PM
He can do whatever he wants.

This.

ciaban
06-19-2016, 11:16 PM
Unlike the last time he left, he's earned the right to leave now on good terms with the fans. Not a man in Clevland will dare boooo him if he comes back in another uni.

Hangtime
06-19-2016, 11:30 PM
Lebron has delivered on his promise. As far as Im concerned this dude can do whatever the hell he pleases and shouldn't get criticized for it. If he wanted to go back to Miami so be it.

AllBall
06-19-2016, 11:37 PM
He paid his debt, he can do whatever he wants.

da ThRONe
06-19-2016, 11:42 PM
I hope he stays. But he's essentially Jon Snow. He's paid his debt to the Night watch and now he's free to do whatever he wants.

Redrum187
06-19-2016, 11:45 PM
I still find it hard to see him leave. If he leaves, I think no one should criticize his decision. What he did was historic.

SteBO
06-19-2016, 11:47 PM
Even if he lost, he could do what he wants. It's really not that complicated.

Mell413
06-19-2016, 11:47 PM
I think there's a chance. He did what he said he was going to do so no Cle fan should hate him should he decide to leave.

nastynice
06-19-2016, 11:52 PM
I really think he'll stay, I hope he does. He has created a bond and situation for himself in that city that he won't ever be able to get anywhere else.

I also really hope to see these two teams play again in finals

naps
06-20-2016, 12:05 AM
I dont think he does but if he does, he has 100% earned the right to do so from whatever angle you wanna see it, not that he didnt already have it.

Yanks All Day
06-20-2016, 12:25 AM
He can do whatever he wants. But I'd imagine he stays. Where does he go for a better opportunity than Cleveland? He's got the reigning champion team with a 24 year old stud PG in Kyrie Irving. The only 3 teams even comparable to Cleveland are Golden State, San Antonio, and Oklahoma City.

Miami doesn't have the core that Cleveland has, so going back doesn't make sense there.
New York / LA Lakers are big markets with no immediate competitive future, so they're out.
The list goes on, but Cleveland is still the best option.

The only thing I can picture is a trade to Los Angeles to the Clippers. Doubtful, but I'd imagine a core of CP3-LeBron-Redick-Jordan (Blake would get traded I'd assume) would be enticing. In the end, smart money would be re-upping with the champs. They'll spend the next 5 years in the Finals, and probably win another. Makes sense.

LOb0
06-20-2016, 12:26 AM
This year? Where he will be the most beloved man in Cleveland? No zero percent chance. After this next season? Yes its possible

Wade n Fade
06-20-2016, 12:27 AM
I think he is done with Cleveland. He brought them their title. Love is a pain in the butt nevertheless. Being far from him and being able to return to play with Wade would be huge for him. He realized the grass isn't that much greener because he had to fight tooth and nail with less help than he expected to win a title. I think he has a higher chance of bolting than Durant. Gotta give Stephen Nay Smith some credit for 2010, so he could be right in 2016.

LOb0
06-20-2016, 12:28 AM
I think he is done with Cleveland. He brought them their title. Love is a pain in the butt nevertheless. Being far from him and being able to return to play with Wade would be huge for him. He realized the grass isn't that much greener because he had to fight tooth and nail with less help than he expected to win a title. I think he has a higher chance of bolting than Durant. Gotta give Stephen Nay Smith some credit for 2010, so he could be right in 2016.

He is going to soak this in and milk every moment of this for at least one more year.

Wade n Fade
06-20-2016, 12:30 AM
He is going to soak this in and milk every moment of this for at least one more year.

No point in doing that when he can get a better team and go all in for finals appearance #7 in a row and work with easier personalities. Hell, he could join the Dubs, the Spurs, the Heat again, the Clippers and have easier people to work with than Love, JR Smith, etc.

NYKnickFanatic
06-20-2016, 12:31 AM
Can't imagine him leaving, but who knows.

LOb0
06-20-2016, 12:33 AM
No point in doing that when he can get a better team and go all in for finals appearance #7 in a row and work with easier personalities. Hell, he could join the Dubs, the Spurs, the Heat again, the Clippers and have easier people to work with than Love, JR Smith, etc.

He just won a title. They have many ways to improve the team they currently have. LeBron wouldn't dare join SA or GS. Plus he's said he's done taking pay cuts. Clips and Miami would be a downgrade. As CP3 is aging and Kyrie is young. Heat are in cap space hell with a 35 year old Dwyane Wade and Bosh's heath issues.

Honestly best place for him, basketball wise? Its the Cavs.

Shammyguy3
06-20-2016, 12:37 AM
He just won a title. They have many ways to improve the team they currently have. LeBron wouldn't dare join SA or GS. Plus he's said he's done taking pay cuts. Clips and Miami would be a downgrade. As CP3 is aging and Kyrie is young. Heat are in cap space hell with a 35 year old Dwyane Wade and Bosh's heath issues.

Best place basketball wise is obviously Cleveland or San Antonio or OKC. If you meant best odds of winning another ring the next few years

Wade n Fade
06-20-2016, 12:38 AM

Why not? Pops is the best coach in the league. Who cares about the legacy nonsense now that he has solidified his place among the greats to ever touch a basketball? He has done nobody in the league has done, which is come back from a 3-1 deficit. He is like Jamie Vardy at Leicester City. Sure Leicester can field a team around Vardy, but Vardy has zero obligation to stay put. Obviously Vardy isn't the best player in the world, but their situations are similar, best player on "underdog" squads. If he joins GSW, the league would be screwed for the length of that contract. No contest.

LOb0
06-20-2016, 12:39 AM
Best place basketball wise is obviously Cleveland or San Antonio or OKC. If you meant best odds of winning another ring the next few years

he's not joining OKC or SA and taking a pay cut. You have to factor in max contract.

AllBall
06-20-2016, 12:39 AM
lol @ people thinking real life is like a game of 2K

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 12:48 AM
He's not leaving. Just look at the way he hugged Kyrie after the series ended. He knows he's special. I'll say this right now, Kyrie outbesting Curry and being the best PG in these playoffs will do wonders for him. He will be the best PG in a few years and a top five player very soon.

Lakers + Giants
06-20-2016, 01:02 AM
at this point, he really is KING James. He can do whatever he wants and shouldn't be criticized for it.

MagicBucsSox
06-20-2016, 01:02 AM
LeBron stays, Love traded , Jr. not resigned. LeBron opts out and gets the max. Basically an entire new roster joining Kyrie ,Lue, Tristan n Bron next year

goingfor28
06-20-2016, 01:55 AM
No, he'll be a Cav for the rest of his career. Even if they lost tonight I don't think he would've left.

mrblisterdundee
06-20-2016, 02:41 AM
I hope he stays. But he's essentially Jon Snow. He's paid his debt to the Night watch and now he's free to do whatever he wants.

I was thinking of how great tonight was, with the Starks getting Winterfell back, and Cleveland finally ending the drought because of Jon Sn- I mean LeBron James.

xxplayerxx23
06-20-2016, 03:40 AM
LeBron stays, Love traded , Jr. not resigned. LeBron opts out and gets the max. Basically an entire new roster joining Kyrie ,Lue, Tristan n Bron next year

JR signed a 2 year deal ? Even if they dealt love for nothing they wouldn't have much if any cap space

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 03:43 AM
JR signed a 2 year deal ? Even if they dealt love for nothing they wouldn't have much if any cap space

With a player option. He opted out so he's a free agent this offseason.

da ThRONe
06-20-2016, 07:51 AM
Yeah why leave. What team in the East is in position to make up enough ground to surpass what's in Cleveland? I think Love is traded and they add better talent.

I could see a situation where the Cavs move Love and get a player like Demarcus Cousins. Staying in Cleveland isn't just the best feel good move it's the best for his legacy.

naps
06-20-2016, 02:13 PM
Already people are talking about Lakers rumors. LeBron and Durant both joining forces there. Crazy how obsessed american media is with LeBron. This guy is the biggest money making machine in american sports history.

CardinalRed24
06-20-2016, 02:20 PM
He shouldn't. There team is built to win now and over the long haul. Kyrie and Thompson are young as hell and only going to get better. They just need to get rid of Love and bring in someone else who fits better.

Bron wouldnt dare leave the East. So unless its back to Miami, there's really no good reason for him to leave again.

DboneG
06-20-2016, 02:44 PM
LeBron will be playing hard-ball over the summer. Billionaire venture capitalist Gordon Gund is selling his 15 percent stake in the Cleveland Cavaliers...I'm hearing his business buddy and childhood friend Maverick Carter, may ask for a 25% stake in the team. Maybe, Dan Gilbert gives it to them....WE WILL SEE!

Do you guys understand the amount of money he's bringing in for the city of Cleveland and the Cavs!? Why do you think Dan Gilbert had a fit when Bron Bron left?! Because, he wasn't going to make LOTS of money.

The Cavs GM weren't listening to LeBron in the middle and towards the end of the season....so, Bron started pouting and acting up. He didn't want Lue!!!

Bron Bron may leave.

DboneG
06-20-2016, 02:54 PM
GM wouldn't listen when it came to Tristen Thompson...making a bad situation worse! PAY THE MAN!!! Just think where the Cavs would have been without Tristen Thompson? People saying he's over paid! lol!!!!! Bron is pushing for Tristen and the GM left him to hang and dry.

GM wouldn't listen when it came to the coaching. I understand! The GM wants to be his own man. But, if Bron is whispering things to you, you may as well get it done.

What is the Cavs without LeBron? A team barely making the playoffs. If they even make it.

Yes, there is a chance Bron Bron may leave. It's going to be a interesting summer!

AllBall
06-20-2016, 04:08 PM
LeBron will be playing hard-ball over the summer. Billionaire venture capitalist Gordon Gund is selling his 15 percent stake in the Cleveland Cavaliers...I'm hearing his business buddy and childhood friend Maverick Carter, may ask for a 25% stake in the team. Maybe, Dan Gilbert gives it to them....WE WILL SEE!

Do you guys understand the amount of money he's bringing in for the city of Cleveland and the Cavs!? Why do you think Dan Gilbert had a fit when Bron Bron left?! Because, he wasn't going to make LOTS of money.

The Cavs GM weren't listening to LeBron in the middle and towards the end of the season....so, Bron started pouting and acting up. He didn't want Lue!!!

Bron Bron may leave.

Rules don't allow you to be both an agent and an owner. It's why Jay-Z had to give up ownership in the NBA.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-20-2016, 04:18 PM
Wasn't his letter he wrote after leaving Miami about missing "home", and disliking how he took his family away from their "home."

I don't think he's ever leaving Cleveland. But people like SAS are going to speculate just for the sake of speculating I suppose. You don't get good ratings without throwing **** against the wall.

Gibby23
06-20-2016, 04:24 PM
No chance

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 04:30 PM
Rules don't allow you to be both an agent and an owner. It's why Jay-Z had to give up ownership in the NBA.

It's entirely possible in a business sense for LeBron to do it indirectly, though. It hasn't been done before but there are many loopholes to getting things done. I'm 100% positive LeBron will be an owner of the Cleveland Cavailers in the future.

5ass
06-20-2016, 04:33 PM
Why would he? His team has yet to reach its potential. Kyrie is still young, and they should be able to move Love for some better fits.

DboneG
06-20-2016, 04:44 PM

They know how to figure that out.

ManRam
06-20-2016, 06:27 PM
I'm really surprised with how many people think he will. I'm comfortable saying there's a 0% chance he leaves :shrug:

DboneG
06-20-2016, 06:41 PM
It's entirely possible in a business sense for LeBron to do it indirectly, though. It hasn't been done before but there are many loopholes to getting things done. I'm 100% positive LeBron will be an owner of the Cleveland Cavailers in the future.

I agree.

LeBron is a heck of a business man. What is it that you can't do from a business aspect when you have Warren Buffett as your good friend. Not much.

Shammyguy3
06-20-2016, 09:12 PM
he's not joining OKC or SA and taking a pay cut. You have to factor in max contract.

No, that's not a basketball reason. You said the best place for Lebron is X based on Y basketball reasons. That's a different argument. If you're arguing, realistic max contract along with best place basketball wise, it's obviously Cleveland. No Eastern team can compete with the Cavs as it stands. Irving is young, Love is young enough (and can be traded for a better fitting big), and the cap is going up and will allow them to retool the roster.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-20-2016, 10:39 PM
My prediction is Lebron stays and pushes Griffin and Gilbert hard as hell to trade Love for Melo so he can help his next best friend after Wade get his first ring. That would actually be pretty awesome.

sharqstealth
06-20-2016, 11:31 PM
For me this is the best time for Lebron James to leave. His promise to Cleveland is done and his legacy for greatness has already climbed up to ranks. There are no more challenges left for him in Cleveland. If he wants to surpass Jordan and cement his legacy as the greatest of all time then it might be a good idea for him to lead another team another city to a championship which I think no player has done in their career.

New York- Would be the best place for him to go. It could be the greatest challenge left for him. The city is hungry and has not won for 4 decades and delivering one is like delivering the one he brought to Cleveland. He's got a friend their in Melo, a young stud in Porzingis, a cap space, and Phil Jackson. Plus New York will do wonders marketing wise. In fact what is the Mecca without a King?

LA Clippers- Would be the best talent and supporting cast he can ever have. He got CP3, then Blake and Deandre but one of these two guys might need to go. It will be easy for him to bring a championship here. But it's LA, and LA will forever belong to the Lakers.

Lakers- Won so many championships, and winning one in LA will not foreshadow Kobe as the greatest who wore purple and gold. Plus who does the Lakers have at this point???

Miami- Been there done that. Wade is aging, Bosh can't play. But who knows Miami could have a special place in his heart.

hidalgo
06-21-2016, 06:41 AM
i think he'll stay and retire with the Cavaliers

chaell
06-21-2016, 11:29 AM
I dont think he does but if he does, he has 100% earned the right to do so from whatever angle you wanna see it, not that he didnt already have it.

chaell
06-21-2016, 11:40 AM
I dont think he does but if he does, he has 100% earned the right to do so from whatever angle you wanna see it, not that he didnt already have it.http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/6.gif
http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/4.gif http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/12.gif

FlashBolt
06-21-2016, 11:49 AM
Where the hell would he leave to, though?

Rumors of the Lakers is so stupid. LeBron isn't going to leave Kyrie to play for that dysfunctional franchise. It was tough enough for him to remodel the Cavs into the "blueprint" he imagined. Lakers are far away from having that. Maybe he's hoping they get Ben Simmons and that they make trades for PG or something? IDK but I don't see it happening.

Big Zo
06-21-2016, 12:20 PM
Now he can come back and fulfill his promise of 8 championships in Miami.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-21-2016, 12:34 PM
Where the hell would he leave to, though?

Rumors of the Lakers is so stupid. LeBron isn't going to leave Kyrie to play for that dysfunctional franchise. It was tough enough for him to remodel the Cavs into the "blueprint" he imagined. Lakers are far away from having that. Maybe he's hoping they get Ben Simmons and that they make trades for PG or something? IDK but I don't see it happening.

How are they dysfunctional? They have $64 million dollars in cap space and a bevy of young assets they could trade for other players. If James came here I would imagine he would be recruiting Durant to come and they would still have money left over to find somebody else. The young guys and the number 2 pick can be used to trade for anyone he wanted as well. I don't think it happens but it's not like James would just join a bunch of 20 and 21 year olds

FlashBolt
06-21-2016, 12:41 PM
How are they dysfunctional? They have $64 million dollars in cap space and a bevy of young assets they could trade for other players. If James came here I would imagine he would be recruiting Durant to come and they would still have money left over to find somebody else. The young guys and the number 2 pick can be used to trade for anyone he wanted as well. I don't think it happens but it's not like James would just join a bunch of 20 and 21 year olds

It's dysfunctional because the management sucks, LeBron doesn't respect Luke Walton and he'll probably ***** him around, LeBron has zero ties with any of those guys, and there is no way he would want D'Lo on his team. Lakers need to switch all those things before LeBron would even consider it.. Cleveland looked 100x more appealing than LAL does.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-21-2016, 12:57 PM
It's dysfunctional because the management sucks, LeBron doesn't respect Luke Walton and he'll probably ***** him around, LeBron has zero ties with any of those guys, and there is no way he would want D'Lo on his team. Lakers need to switch all those things before LeBron would even consider it.. Cleveland looked 100x more appealing than LAL does.
I just said the kids could be packaged in trades for other players. If James is the team player and a top 5 all time player that everyone wants to play with, he should have no problems getting guys to come to LA. He could make up any rosters he wants. If he said Durant come over here with me and told the Lakers trade number 2, Randall, Clarkson, and Russell for Paul George they could have the longest 2, 3, and 4 in league history. He could also ask for Durant to play with him, and tell the Lakers to trade away a couple of guys to teams that would be able to absorb swaggy and Lou Williams and be able to sign Al Horford and probably Mike Conley.

And Walton is no different then Ty Lou. Both Laker bench players during championship years. Walton was the hottest commodity for coaches this year after Thibbs. From what I have seen the Bron enjoys coaches that he can ******* around with.

And as far as the front office, you read too much into the hate hype. Those bumbling idiots have still put them in a very good position going forward. They could be like many other teams fooling around with no championship team, no young assets, No Cap room and a bunch of mid-tier guys using up all their money.

Was Dan Gilbert regarded as a great owner when will LeBron went back to him?

FlashBolt
06-21-2016, 01:11 PM
I just said the kids could be packaged in trades for other players. If James is the team player and a top 5 all time player that everyone wants to play with, he should have no problems getting guys to come to LA. He could make up any rosters he wants. If he said Durant come over here with me and told the Lakers trade number 2, Randall, Clarkson, and Russell for Paul George they could have the longest 2, 3, and 4 in league history. He could also ask for Durant to play with him, and tell the Lakers to trade away a couple of guys to teams that would be able to absorb swaggy and Lou Williams and be able to sign Al Horford and probably Mike Conley.

And Walton is no different then Ty Lou. Both Laker bench players during championship years. Walton was the hottest commodity for coaches this year after Thibbs. From what I have seen the Bron enjoys coaches that he can ******* around with.

And as far as the front office, you read too much into the hate hype. Those bumbling idiots have still put them in a very good position going forward. They could be like many other teams fooling around with no championship team, no young assets, No Cap room and a bunch of mid-tier guys using up all their money.

Was Dan Gilbert regarded as a great owner when will LeBron went back to him?

Dan Gilbert wasn't but he let LeBron run the show. Will Mitch and the Lakers management let LeBron do that? LeBron pretty much ran the team. Gilbert made the offers and Bron just yes/no'd it. Luke Walton coached for the Warriors and sorry to say, he didn't grow up the way Lue did. He had a dad who played in the NBA while James had a relationship with Lue due to their circumstances growing up. Like I said, Lakers better be willing to let LeBron run that franchise because if not, then he's going to feel slighted. The dude came from Miami after leading them to rings/Finals and went to Cleveland (missed playoffs appearances, worst NBA record) and turned them around because of his presence. As for trading, yeah, they can do that but this is a franchise that cared more about letting Kobe get a farewell tour than developing their players. Kobe deserved it but I didn't see one player develop other than Clarkson. Zero effort was made to make them better. Maybe that changes but IDK, Lakers have to make some trades with their younglings if they expect to sign a star like LeBron or KD.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-21-2016, 01:45 PM
Dan Gilbert wasn't but he let LeBron run the show. Will Mitch and the Lakers management let LeBron do that? LeBron pretty much ran the team. Gilbert made the offers and Bron just yes/no'd it.

Uh, you do know the Lakers owner put himself over a barrel and stated that if the Lakers were not contending by the end of this year he would remove himself from bball operations? He would tuck Lebron in at night and read bed time stories. Of course he would do whatever Lebron wanted.

Luke Walton coached for the Warriors and sorry to say, he didn't grow up the way Lue did. He had a dad who played in the NBA while James had a relationship with Lue due to their circumstances growing up.
I don't think Lebron is so petty to not want to play for someone because their dad stuck around.

The dude came from Miami after leading them to rings/Finals and went to Cleveland (missed playoffs appearances, worst NBA record) and turned them around because of his presence.
You just stated why this is even a possibility. Earlier you stated that the Cavs are 1000x a better situation than the Lakers. Weren't the Heat in the same spot over the Cavs when he left? Maybe Lebron wants to show that he can go wherever he wants and be able to win a ring.

As for trading, yeah, they can do that but this is a franchise that cared more about letting Kobe get a farewell tour than developing their players. Kobe deserved it but I didn't see one player develop other than Clarkson. Zero effort was made to make them better. Maybe that changes but IDK, Lakers have to make some trades with their younglings if they expect to sign a star like LeBron or KD.

The Lakers put the young guys on the back burner, which means they would have no problem trading them for someone that Lebron wants to play with. Russell, Randle, Clarkson showed enough in their rookie seasons to be regarded as assets. Look at Durants numbers as a rookie. Guys are not always coming in tearing up the nba at 19 years old.

Like I said, I don't see Lebron leaving Cleveland. I'm just talking about how it could happen if Adrian Woj, and Stephen A Smiths sources are correct.

Hawkeye15
06-21-2016, 01:51 PM
He brought his native state a trophy. He can do whatever he likes. Hell, try to win it all with 3 teams, why not..

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-21-2016, 02:15 PM
He brought his native state a trophy. He can do whatever he likes. Hell, try to win it all with 3 teams, why not..

He should just travel around the country winning teams rings. Go to the Cippers, the Suns, and any other team to never win one.

Hawkeye15
06-21-2016, 02:52 PM
He should just travel around the country winning teams rings. Go to the Cippers, the Suns, and any other team to never win one.

"I am taking my talents to the twin cities"

naps
06-21-2016, 02:53 PM
Hell, go to Minny and win them one. Would be awesome.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-21-2016, 02:54 PM
"I am taking my talents to the twin cities"

HA, I purposely left out the Wolves so you could put them in there yourself. I set it up, you knock it down.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-21-2016, 02:55 PM
Hell, go to Minny and win them one. Would be awesome.

They have the same type of pieces the Cavs had. If they made some moves its a possibility.

mightybosstone
06-21-2016, 03:29 PM
I think Lebron has earned the right to go anywhere he wants at this point, but he won't do it. I feel like he learned from the PR disaster that was his move to Miami, and I think his legacy and the public's perception of him is really important to him. Plus, now that Kyrie is developing as a player, Lebron finally has his Pippen in Cleveland. If the Cavs front office can continue to build well around that duo, the Cavs should be competing for titles for the next 5+ years. I see no reason why Lebron couldn't win another title or two in Cleveland during that time as long as he and Kyrie can stay healthy.

Sly Guy
06-21-2016, 03:44 PM
winning for his hometown when he said he was gonna do it now gives him free reign to do anything he wants. I really don't think he was happy being in cleveland over the last couple of years. Personally I think he bolts, but without the middle finger to the fans this time.

naps
06-21-2016, 04:20 PM
They have the same type of pieces the Cavs had. If they made some moves its a possibility.

Exactly. Can you imagine the adoration and adulation he would receive if he brought a title to a team like the wolves? They are an instant contender with him and I am sure he will be able lure the necessary pieces with him anywhere.

eDush
06-21-2016, 04:59 PM
winning for his hometown when he said he was gonna do it now gives him free reign to do anything he wants. I really don't think he was happy being in cleveland over the last couple of years. Personally I think he bolts, but without the middle finger to the fans this time.
Not Lebron. He staying for the long haul cause of his loyalty to his home town. I said Durant will sign with the Wiz since last season to represent the District of Columbia cause there is nothing like home. NOTHING! :nod:.

FlashBolt
06-21-2016, 05:33 PM
Sorry, Dodgers. I didn't bother reading it entirely because it's pretty obvious Lakers need to fix things around before LeBron would even contemplate it.

Cleveland looked way better than the Heat because it was what LeBron wanted to accomplish. There's an emotional attachment Cleveland had that Lakers doesn't.

Sportsguy9695
06-21-2016, 05:38 PM
I see him resigning with the Cavs for next year to soak in all the glory for a year especially there home opener. but then after next season look to go somewhere else. he did what he said he wanted to do which was win a title for his hometown

WaDe03
06-21-2016, 08:35 PM
#HeGone

Clint Olbrock
06-21-2016, 09:08 PM
#HeGone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2GfXLRlunY

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 11:53 AM
http://www.todaysfastbreak.com/fastbreak-news/lebron-james-says-hes-returning-cavaliers/

Not sure how legit this is but assuming he gets his money, I'm going to guess he'll sign another two year with player option in 2nd.

Stunner
06-22-2016, 12:04 PM
LeBron to ESPN (1 of 1): "I love it here in Cleveland. I have no intentions of leaving."

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/745646217195970560

yibhnu
06-22-2016, 12:08 PM
I don't know if he even knows. But it wouldn't surprise me. I know he wants to play with his boys at some pointhttp://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/6.gif
http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/4.gif http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/13.gif

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 12:11 PM
I don't know if he even knows. But it wouldn't surprise me. I know he wants to play with his boys at some point

At this point, him playing with his boys is still way too premature. He has money to maximize and his best chances is still with this team assuming they make the correct moves. It'll be a Clyde/Barkley/Hakeem thing probably.

krazylegz
06-22-2016, 12:13 PM
just announced that he confirmed with usa today that he will be returning to cleveland:):):).....GO CAVS 2016 CHAMPS

Vee-Rex
06-22-2016, 12:18 PM
Hopefully this will shut up the obnoxious, trolling fans who argue that LeBron will leave based on SAS.

:clap::clap::clap:

WaDe03
06-22-2016, 12:34 PM
Kind of disappointing but to be expected. He's not going to win a ring for them and not be there for ring night. I'm sure he won't finish his career there though, I think the Wade Melo Cp3 and LeBron thing will end up happening but not sure where.

JeffroIce
06-22-2016, 12:49 PM
When evaluating players you have to look at their strengths and struggles. So lets evaluate James game without getting caught up in the emotion.

James likes to drive the lane almost 80% of the time and finish over smaller players. James is 6'8 almost 6'9 250 pounds of all muscle. He's fast so he can even get by guards a lot of the time on the perimeter. He starts his drives on the perimeter in hopes the lane will be empty.

Now lets look at what he has stuggled against during his career. He struggles against Centers. One can see this by the facts. He's lost to Ben Wallace, Kevin Garnett, Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan twice (almost three times probably should've been, and one time was an all time lose largest defeat in Finals history) Then he also lost to the big physical team of the Mavericks in 2011 with Chandler, Dirk, Haywood, Mahinmi, and Marion.

So that is a record of like 1-6 vs teams led by a 7 footer. I'm not going to say why he struggles more than most agaisnt 7 footers. I'll leave that to the reader.

Malone struggled against great 7 footers aswell back in his day.

So we can't put James over the best centers of all time. If someone does that they are not judging the game correctly.

Even Collin Cowherd knows this that is why yesterday he was just trying to make a different list for centers. That's becasue he thinks centers have too much of an advantage. However, one can't do that and exclude great centers. That's like making an all time NFL list without QB's.

JeffroIce
06-22-2016, 12:55 PM
Kind of disappointing but to be expected. He's not going to win a ring for them and not be there for ring night. I'm sure he won't finish his career there though, I think the Wade Melo Cp3 and LeBron thing will end up happening but not sure where.

I don't see that happening. There would be way too many business decisions to fall in line. Also I don't see how Melo and Cp3 would like that. Aren't they players that have to always have the ball in their hands to score their 20. They're not exactly tip jamming every time or catching it off back cuts to get their 20 points.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 12:57 PM
I don't see that happening. There would be way too many business decisions to fall in line. Also I don't see how Melo and Cp3 would like that. Aren't they players that have to always have the ball in their hands to score their 20. They're not exactly tip jamming every time or catching it off back cuts to get their 20 points.

In a few years, tough to rule it out. A Wade+Melo+Bron+CP3 wouldn't be getting max contracts anyways and would be capable of beating any team still just by their individual greatness.

MarkieMark48
06-22-2016, 01:06 PM
When evaluating players you have to look at their strengths and struggles. So lets evaluate James game without getting caught up in the emotion.

James likes to drive the lane almost 80% of the time and finish over smaller players. James is 6'8 almost 6'9 250 pounds of all muscle. He's fast so he can even get by guards a lot of the time on the perimeter. He starts his drives on the perimeter in hopes the lane will be empty.

Now lets look at what he has stuggled against during his career. He struggles against Centers. One can see this by the facts. He's lost to Ben Wallace, Kevin Garnett, Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan twice (almost three times probably should've been, and one time was an all time lose largest defeat in Finals history) Then he also lost to the big physical team of the Mavericks in 2011 with Chandler, Dirk, Haywood, Mahinmi, and Marion.

So that is a record of like 1-6 vs teams led by a 7 footer. I'm not going to say why he struggles more than most agaisnt 7 footers. I'll leave that to the reader.

Malone struggled against great 7 footers aswell back in his day.

So we can't put James over the best centers of all time. If someone does that they are not judging the game correctly.

Even Collin Cowherd knows this that is why yesterday he was just trying to make a different list for centers. That's becasue he thinks centers have too much of an advantage. However, one can't do that and exclude great centers. That's like making an all time NFL list without QB's.

So youre just going to throw out all the times where Lebron and Miami beat KG and Boston in the playoffs? Or Lebron's Cavs beat Ben Wallace's Pistons in the Eastern Finals to get to Duncans Spurs?

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 01:10 PM
JeffroIce is just using one-sided arguments... LeBron destroyed the Celtics future and Big Three.. Made one of them run to his team and the other two haven't been relevant since. He beat Ben Wallace in 2007.. Remember? He beat Tim Duncan, too (lost in 2007 but that wasn't because of TD, just undermatched). Dwight Howard? He averaged 38/8/8 against them in the semi-finals.. What are you talking about?

MarkieMark48
06-22-2016, 01:26 PM
JeffroIce is just using one-sided arguments... LeBron destroyed the Celtics future and Big Three.. Made one of them run to his team and the other two haven't been relevant since. He beat Ben Wallace in 2007.. Remember? He beat Tim Duncan, too (lost in 2007 but that wasn't because of TD, just undermatched). Dwight Howard? He averaged 38/8/8 against them in the semi-finals.. What are you talking about?

I know hes eliminated Garnett way more than vise versa.. (remember the nets too). And im fairly sure he beat Wallace another time in the playoffs as well. Him and Howard only played once that I know of, which you eluded to Lebron had a great series. And hes 2-1 against the best PF of all time's team. Im so sick about hearing about how he shouldn't have won against the Spurs b/c of Ray Allens shot. I'm pretty sure the Spurs played game 7 and couldn't do anything to stop him (37/12/4). Its almost like no other superstar has ever had someone else make a big shot in a series before, that's the first one ever.

krazylegz
06-22-2016, 03:27 PM

he said he wanted his kids to graduate from the same high school he did (akron st. vincent st. mary)....his eldest is what?..14....youngest?..4 or 5....if hes serious....that means he'll more than likely to retire a cav,which means that wade,melo,cp 3 thing either happens in cleveland,or he leaves when hes in his early 40s maybe??

naps
06-23-2016, 01:52 PM
This is the most expected decision. Why would you leave a winning situation. SAS was spewing BS. I actually thought if they lost he would think about leaving. He should keep gunning for rings in the situation he is in. At least the monkey is off the back now. He doesnt have the pressure of "must win" anymore.

Vee-Rex
06-23-2016, 07:01 PM
1.3 million people at the parade in the city that only has 400,000 residents. And estimated additional 500,000 unable to gain entry to the downtown area (public transportation was completely shot) and settled in at a ton of bars surrounding downtown.

Compare the side by side image of the 2013 Miami parade vs. Cleveland's. There's no way LeBron would leave this Cleveland fan-base for that Miami fan-base again. He got a ring here and of course he's staying - only naive people will hope and hope and hope continue to bring up wild hypotheticals.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13450226_10100474047138068_8201242431977822340_n.j pg?oh=b82246b017913883a72aed165d3dba48&oe=580DC91F

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13517469_775762239226173_9066673258763377934_o.jpg

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13528129_775761912559539_8909715393035936625_o.jpg

naps
06-23-2016, 07:50 PM
1.3 million people at the parade in the city that only has 400,000 residents. And estimated additional 500,000 unable to gain entry to the downtown area (public transportation was completely shot) and settled in at a ton of bars surrounding downtown.

Compare the side by side image of the 2013 Miami parade vs. Cleveland's. There's no way LeBron would leave this Cleveland fan-base for that Miami fan-base again. He got a ring here and of course he's staying - only naive people will hope and hope and hope continue to bring up wild hypotheticals.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13450226_10100474047138068_8201242431977822340_n.j pg?oh=b82246b017913883a72aed165d3dba48&oe=580DC91F

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13517469_775762239226173_9066673258763377934_o.jpg

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13528129_775761912559539_8909715393035936625_o.jpg

Well a case can be made if Maimi hadnt won anything in 52 years and was cursed for so long, they would have a similar parade audience if the curse was over suddenly. Plus a city like Miami is so much different and ultra than Cleveland. People in Miami are from various ages and races and have different things to do. No need for comparison here. Enjoy the ride while it lasts dude because you dont when it comes around next time :)

Chronz
06-24-2016, 01:11 PM
Well a case can be made if Maimi hadnt won anything in 52 years and was cursed for so long, they would have a similar parade audience if the curse was over suddenly. Plus a city like Miami is so much different and ultra than Cleveland. People in Miami are from various ages and races and have different things to do. No need for comparison here. Enjoy the ride while it lasts dude because you dont when it comes around next time :)

How did Shaqs parade look?

naps
06-24-2016, 04:07 PM
How did Shaqs parade look?

Pretty awesome.

Shaq didn't break any curse. Miami was already a winning city in major sports. Actually just the year before Shaq came to Miami. Your point?

Oh it was not shaq's parade. It was Wade's. I know some people here cant accept it.