PDA

View Full Version : Where will Dwight Howard end up?

kobe4thewinbang
06-18-2016, 11:07 PM
http://www.sportsrageous.com/nba/nba-rumors-dwight-howard-re-signing-houston-rockets/28273/

The Rockets have signed Mike D'Antoni as head coach and D-12 has gone on record saying that is one reason why he flew the coop back in LA for Houston. Now, Houston is bringing that same "7 seconds or less"/barrage of three pointers coach into town.

There were rumors of the Bucks swinging a trade for Dwight, and possibly even Dwight confirming that he was interested in that happening. We've heard reports of Dwight & Harden not being 'cool' and on the same page. We have a once stud that is undeniably in decline and mostly reliable for rebounds these days and 10-15 points per game during a good week. Dwight wants to be the focal part of an offense in a league that is changing or has changed more toward the perimeter.

So, now with D'Antoni in town, is he as good as gone? Rockets have given the safe answer in saying that they would welcome Dwight back. We also know that Dwight Howard wants a max or something close to it rather than not.

I just don't see this working in Houston and it would be a bad move to keep Howard. The Bucks are reportedly not happy with Greg Monroe and J-Kidd has said he plans to have Giannis as the starting PG which may mean Carter-Williams is on the outs. He could be good for the Rockets and probably wouldn't demand much money. Maybe a trade could be worked out between the two?

Or does Dwight go to the Mavericks who lost out on DeAndre? Some people say back to the Lakers, but I think that's a burnt bridge even with no current center in town because Hibbert isn't coming back or wanted and maybe Whiteside will leave the Heat. Also seeing rumors of him joining the Warriors, who are clearly hurting without Bogut. Some rumors of him going back to the Magic but both sides have shut that down, and rightfully so.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2016, 11:24 PM
Dallas

slaker619
06-18-2016, 11:29 PM
Knicks

SportsFanatic10
06-19-2016, 02:57 AM
Im gonna say Dallas as well.

eDush
06-21-2016, 06:24 PM
Dallas all the way and will put $ on it :nod:

YAALREADYKNO
06-21-2016, 06:37 PM
Mark Cuban will probably over pay for Dwight just to show Dirk that at least he's trying to bring in players

slaker619
06-21-2016, 07:30 PM
Dallas or Knicks

eDush
06-21-2016, 07:40 PM
Knicks hires an up tempo offensive head coach. Howard's hates teams that plays uptempo when D'Antoni was the Lakers HC. Now we see people bringing the Knicks like Hellllloooo!!?

People don't think before posting here.
:dance:

eDush
06-21-2016, 07:41 PM
Dallas or Knicks
Okay I bite....why the Knicks?

FlashBolt
06-21-2016, 07:49 PM
He should go to the Pelicans. That way there is zero pressure on him and he can play alongside AD. Keeps them competitive and allows him to stay away from big market teams. He clearly can't handle the spotlight.

eDush
06-21-2016, 07:59 PM
He should go to the Pelicans. That way there is zero pressure on him and he can play alongside AD. Keeps them competitive and allows him to stay away from big market teams. He clearly can't handle the spotlight.
Apparently you forgotten that's why Asik demanded a trade so he doesn't have to play with 'I need my touches or i will whine' Howard and now you presented a déjà vu scenario all over again.

So thx for that :bang:

Sly Guy
06-21-2016, 08:10 PM
Apparently you forgotten that's why Asik demanded a trade so he doesn't have to play with 'I need my touches or i will whine' Howard and now you presented a déjà vu scenario all over again.

So thx for that :bang:

Asik did that? LOOOOOOL......dude has some balls. Coming from a guy with his puny salary by comparison.

eDush
06-21-2016, 08:25 PM
He signed for almost 60m that I would hardly call puny. With the cap going up, maybe it's considered puny these days. Besides, their HC is a D'Antoni disciple running you guess it, uptempo offense that is despise by Howard. He prefer running half court sets with the offense running thru him. Some people are stupid coming up with these ideas as he will be headed to Dallas.
:dance:

Lakers + Giants
06-21-2016, 08:30 PM
Warriors.......

Celtics?

DboneG
06-21-2016, 08:40 PM
Anywhere Dwight can be Dwight.
1. Max contract(all them baby mommas and kids) to maintain his lifestyle.
2. Where he can get his touches and allowed to be somewhat of a leader.
3. Fun team..Dwight likes to smile, joke and have fun. Don't we all....

Knicks...Melo and Porzingis will be dominating the ball here. And Porzingis will be more of a leader...triangle offense. Don't think this is a destination for Dwight. NO

Mavs....Dirk is laid back, cool, no problem with letting Dwight taking the lead. Dirk knows when to take over. He will get his touches. Dallas is a possibility. YES

Pelicans....never thought of them, but, it could work also. AD is a even kill guy. No big ego and AD needs help, I think he'll welcome Dwight. Interesting

Bucks...is a destination. We see the Buck are trying to unload Greg Monroe. They need leadership there with all the young guys. They need a big man. If the Bucks got Howard, I think they make the playoffs and some noise. YES

Warriors...We now see one of the warriors weakness, they were hammered without Bogut. Will he fit? Will he destroy their team concept. Can Dwight be Dwight. Wildcard

I'm reading Portland Trail Blazers and Charlotte Hornets...so, who knows.

naps
06-21-2016, 11:11 PM
Watch how Mark Cuban goes crazy over Dwight only to miss out. He has a history of having boner on washed up bigs. He dreamt of Shaq in a mavs jersey for years.

5ass
06-21-2016, 11:31 PM
Blazers could be a really good fit.. he should go to a small market team with a good FO where he can compete for a championship. He's still one of the best big men in FA.

eDush
06-22-2016, 12:14 AM
Watch how Mark Cuban goes crazy over Dwight only to miss out. He has a history of having boner on washed up bigs. He dreamt of Shaq in a mavs jersey for years.
Dwight will miss out if he doesn't take the max like offer that Cuban will present to his :love:. I think it's a done deal :nod:.

ombada
06-22-2016, 02:17 AM
I could see the Pacers trying to sign him, but im on the fence as to weather or not i would even want him. He is a drama queen through and through... however playing alongside a great two way player like George, with an upcoming talent in turner would make them a defensive powerhouse again, especially in the east. All we would need is a pass happy true PG that could run it.

but hes such a pissy whiny baby.... not hard nosed at all, which is preferred in this state.

naps
06-22-2016, 03:04 AM
I agree with whoever said Portland. It's his best fit without a question unless ofcourse he is still delusional enough to think he is a number one option and a superstar.

Vinylman
06-22-2016, 09:03 AM
Best Fit - Charlotte/Portland

Money Money Money - Dallas / Lakers (yep... I believe (b)itch and Jimbaco are desperate enough to do it)

Outside Shot... Boston if they don't trade for a big ... sing him to a 1/1 deal so if it doesn't work out it is short but also gives him the opportunity for FA next year.

Tony_Starks
06-22-2016, 09:12 AM
Golden State all the way.

He'll be the hybrid, athletic upgrade to Bogut.