PDA

View Full Version : Marrero and LaMarre called up, Castillo and Elias optioned to AAA

Green_Monster
06-18-2016, 11:44 AM
According to the Red Sox Twitter.

Soxfan85
06-18-2016, 06:56 PM
Marrero said he's swinging the bat well right now. The 25-year-old has a .216/.256/.264/.521 line in 58 games for Pawtucket this season. But he has hit better in 12 games during June (.302/.318/.372/.690).

"I think my at-bats have gotten a lot better," he said. "I've been more consistent at the plate with my approach ... and getting the barrel to the ball. So I've been feeling really well the past couple of weeks. So I just need to carry that over whenever I get a chance here.

"It was tough," Marrero added. "That was the first time I've ever really scuffled in my career. And it kind of taught me a lot. And I had a great staff that helped me get through it."

LaMarre, a 27-year-old right-handed hitter, has batted .313 with eight doubles, six home runs, 19 RBIs and 11 stolen bases in 44 games for Pawtucket this season.

He said he thinks he can help the Red Sox because of his versatility.

"I can play defense, run the bases, pinch hit, start," he said. "Whatever they need, I'd be more than happy to do it. I'm just grateful for the opportunity to be here.

http://www.masslive.com/

RedSoxtober
06-19-2016, 06:35 PM
The Rusney Castillo experiment has officially hit a low point for the player and the Red Sox.
Castillo, who turns 29 on July 9, has been put on outright waivers by the Red Sox, according to Jon Heyman FanRag Sports.

The chances of any team claiming the outfielder seem unlikely considering he is owed more than $50 million, having signed a seven-year, $72.5 million deal in 2014. If Castillo does pass through waivers he will be off the Red Sox’ 40-man roster, but remain on the Triple-A Pawtucket roster.

Castillo has been a major disappointment for the Red Sox, hitting .262 with a .679 OPS and seven home runs in 99 major league games. He has also struck out 63 times while drawing 16 walks.weei.com

ciaban
06-19-2016, 09:27 PM
If the redsox are willing to eat most of that contract, they might still get something back for him.

RedSoxtober
06-20-2016, 09:19 AM
Not more than a 'C' prospect most likely. But, then, who knows... the Doubront-for-Hernandez swap turned out pretty well for the Sox.

RedSoxtober
06-20-2016, 03:31 PM
Red Sox outfielder Rusney Castillo cleared waivers and was outrighted off of Boston's major league roster and assigned to Pawtucket, the Red Sox announced Monday.

Castillo, who was optioned to Triple-A Pawtucket on Saturday, was signed as an amateur free agent to a $72.5 million deal in August 2014. He made an initial impact that summer in limited action, but he has played in just 89 major league games over the past two seasons, batting .253 with five homers and four steals in that span.espn.com