PDA

View Full Version : If the Cleveland Cavaliers Win the NBA Finals

krazylegz
06-17-2016, 04:54 PM
will it be remembered as the biggest chokejob of all time (by the warriors) or the most dominate performance in a finals of all time (lebron making it look easy)

zn23
06-17-2016, 06:20 PM
Both

It would be the biggest choke job in NBA history certainly, unless there is a team that blew a 3-0 lead in the Finals.

It would also cement LeBron's legacy as a top 5 ATG player.

naps
06-17-2016, 07:01 PM
LeBron's legacy will be cemented at the very top of that mount rushmore. Next to the GOAT and Kareem.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-17-2016, 07:35 PM
LeBron's legacy will be cemented at the very top of that mount rushmore. Next to the GOAT and Kareem.

Magic too but agreed.

Tony_Starks
06-17-2016, 08:06 PM
Lebron goes down as one of the greatest ever....along with Magic....MJ.....KAJ....Wilt.....Kobe.....Shaq..... Duncan...............

TylerSL
06-17-2016, 08:22 PM
If Lebron wins these Finals it will be one of the greatest achievement in NBA History. I know Cleveland was the heavy favorite in the East, but who actually believed they would win this series? Well me to be fair, I picked Cavs in 6, but most people didn't. Most people had Warriors in 5 or 6 and even many thought the Finals would be a sweep after Game 2. As big of a favorite Lebron was in the East, Golden State has been more so in the entire league. Coming into the year the Warriors were somewhat overlooked although they shouldn't have been. They just got through taking the league by storm going 67-15 last year with the league's #1 offense and the #1 defense. Steph won league MVP and they beat Lebron in the Finals. So after the first week or so of the season they reminded everybody of that and they came out and had the greatest regular season in NBA History and Curry probably should have won Most Improved as well as another MVP.

So the Golden State Warriors have had one of the most dominant two year runs in NBA history. They are 140-24 (.864) in the last two regular seasons and 171-37 (.822) if you add their postseason record. They've not just been the favorites, they've practically been a sure bet. If Lebron pulls this off it will be something that should be remembered for a very long time.

And as much as people will call this a choke job by the Warriors, you need to understand that they clearly are not 100% themselves. I've heard Steph might need offseason surgery on both his knee and his shoulder. Iguodalla's back clearly isn't 100% and Bogut is out 6-8 weeks. Also the Draymond suspension could go down in infamy. Which, that suspension is 100% his own fault because he clearly tried to hit Lebron in the groin after already hitting players there in the past. That alone proves intent and that he knew what he was doing. He also put himself in that position by having as many flagrant accumulated as he had. He cost himself a game and possibly his team a title. If the Warriors do lose Game 7, his suspension will really go down in infamy, and it will be nobody's fault but his.

ISIAH_THOMAS
06-17-2016, 08:30 PM
lebron will be the bigger story carrying his team on his back to some epic games and beating an all time great team

DboneG
06-17-2016, 10:34 PM
One man killed 50 people, still had time to talk on the phone....yeah right. A rocket goes up in space then, comes back down and lands on a bulls eye target...yeah right. People floating around in space with no bulk head in between compartments...yeah right.(you don't need safety in space)... LeBron bust 41 points, but, the game before, he couldn't even post lil' bitty ol' Steph Curry on like 3 occasions...yeah right. And the games aren't fixed...yeah right.

kobe4thewinbang
06-17-2016, 10:59 PM
Both

It would be the biggest choke job in NBA history certainly, unless there is a team that blew a 3-0 lead in the Finals.

It would also cement LeBron's legacy as a top 5 ATG player.Not sure if you're actually thinking the Warriors were 3-0, or it would be almost as bad as a team losing a 3-0 lead. They went up 3-1.

Anyway...no team has ever won the Finals after trailing 1-3, so Cavaliers will make history for the city sports teams and NBA history for that feat itself.

I hope it happens.

Honestly, it's probably the best outcome. Warriors would not be able to top this season, so what's the point? Why not have a team that went 73-9, barely lost but showed toughness after being down 1-3 against OKC, only to lose to a team that achieved the same feat?

That's great for basketball, I think, instead of a stacked team winning back to back titles and going 73-9.

joedaheights
06-17-2016, 11:30 PM
will it be remembered as the biggest chokejob of all time (by the warriors) or the most dominate performance in a finals of all time (lebron making it look easy)

Many in this thread have used language like "one of the most" in this thread; which is a credit to those who can stop from getting caught up in hyperbole.. you said "the most dominant"..

1991 Michael Jordan in the Finals
31.2 PPG
11.4 APG
6.6. RPG
2.8 SPG
1.4 BPG
55.8% FG
84.8% FT
61.2% TS

One of the best? Yes. But let's not rush to act like nobody has ever single-handedly dismantled a team.

krazylegz
06-18-2016, 01:30 PM
Many in this thread have used language like "one of the most" in this thread; which is a credit to those who can stop from getting caught up in hyperbole.. you said "the most dominant"..

31.2 PPG
11.4 APG
6.6. RPG
2.8 SPG
1.4 BPG
55.8% FG
84.8% FT
61.2% TS

One of the best? Yes. But let's not rush to act like nobody has ever single-handedly dismantled a team.

joe,appreciate the stats...would you mind putting up lebrons,just so i can see the comparison...thanks in advance

FraziersKnicks
06-18-2016, 01:48 PM
Double post.

FraziersKnicks
06-18-2016, 01:49 PM

31.2 PPG
11.4 APG
6.6. RPG
2.8 SPG
1.4 BPG
55.8% FG
84.8% FT
61.2% TS

Slightly different circumstances since the Bulls had HCA, weren't down 3-1 at one point and the Lakers weren't coming off a 73 win season.

joedaheights
06-18-2016, 11:23 PM
Slightly different circumstances since the Bulls had HCA, weren't down 3-1 at one point and the Lakers weren't coming off a 73 win season.

Your first point proves that you don't get it. The 91 Bulls were the first team to win games 3, 4 and 5 on the road. Their record in the finals in the first three peat ON THE ROAD was 8-1. Chew on that.

Down 3-1? His fault. Not sure MJ was ever down 3-1 post 91.

The warriors have proven a couple of things.. 1) like a lot of smaller teams who run, they look better in November than they do in June.. Meaning that you have to view looking at them as a "73 win team" through a certain lense.

2) they've kind of shown that 73 today wouldn't be 73 in some years

Jeffy25
06-18-2016, 11:33 PM
31.2 PPG - 30.2 PPG
11.4 APG - 11.3 APG
6.6. RPG - 8.5 APG
2.8 SPG - 2.7 SPG
1.4 BPG - 2.2 BPG
55.8% FG - 51.4% FG
84.8% FT - 69.7% FT
61.2% TS - 57.8% TS

Maybe you didn't notice what Bron had been doing in this Finals so far?
Jordan 91 - Bron 16
31.2 PPG - 30.2 PPG
11.4 APG - 11.3 APG
6.6. RPG - 8.5 APG
2.8 SPG - 2.7 SPG
1.4 BPG - 2.2 BPG
55.8% FG - 51.4% FG
84.8% FT - 69.7% FT
61.2% TS - 57.8% TS

joedaheights
06-18-2016, 11:56 PM
Maybe you didn't notice what Bron had been doing in this Finals so far?
Jordan 91 - Bron 16
31.2 PPG - 30.2 PPG
11.4 APG - 11.3 APG
6.6. RPG - 8.5 APG
2.8 SPG - 2.7 SPG
1.4 BPG - 2.2 BPG
55.8% FG - 51.4% FG
84.8% FT - 69.7% FT
61.2% TS - 57.8% TS

Lebron is not averaging 11.3 APG look again.

Avenged
06-19-2016, 12:41 AM
Lebron moves up the rankings.

Curry gets brought back down to reality.

More-Than-Most
06-19-2016, 12:57 AM
Your first point proves that you don't get it. The 91 Bulls were the first team to win games 3, 4 and 5 on the road. Their record in the finals in the first three peat ON THE ROAD was 8-1. Chew on that.

Down 3-1? His fault. Not sure MJ was ever down 3-1 post 91.

The warriors have proven a couple of things.. 1) like a lot of smaller teams who run, they look better in November than they do in June.. Meaning that you have to view looking at them as a "73 win team" through a certain lense.

2) they've kind of shown that 73 today wouldn't be 73 in some years

that is also because MJ had some of the best players ever on his team and his team was 9 deep at times on top of not playing against one of the best teams ever because they were the best team ever themselves.... I can bring you several playoffs games where jordan shot like 6 for 32 and they still won.... If bron does that the cavs lose by 30. Go take a look at jordans playoff record before he got pippen and rodman.

See but non of this stuff matters.. CONTEXT PEOPLE.

Jeffy25
06-19-2016, 01:08 AM

11.3 Rebounds Per Game
8.5 Assists Per Game

Just listed an A instead of an R. The rest is right.

He is playing like Jordan's 91 Finals, you can't deny it.

Jeffy25
06-19-2016, 01:12 AM

1 less PPG
5 more Rebounds Per Game
3 less Assists Per Game
Same steals
1 more block per game
less efficient shooting, but close

Bron is very close to that Jordan series statistically.

ewing
06-19-2016, 01:13 AM
Both

It would also cement LeBron's legacy as a top 5 ATG player.

I don't think it means GS choked. It certainly would be a huge feather in Bron's cap and IMO his greatest accomplishment.

joedaheights
06-19-2016, 01:22 AM
11.3 Rebounds Per Game
8.5 Assists Per Game

Just listed an A instead of an R. The rest is right.

He is playing like Jordan's 91 Finals, you can't deny it.

I'd say it's more impressive to average 11.4 APG while you're averaging 31 on 55%.. than 11.3 while averaging 30.

That's 7 more points accounted for if you assume that all of his assists are twos…

joedaheights
06-19-2016, 01:23 AM
1 less PPG
5 more Rebounds Per Game
3 less Assists Per Game
Same steals
1 more block per game
less efficient shooting, but close

Bron is very close to that Jordan series statistically.

Close, but I didn't object to it being called one of the greatest one man shows in Finals history… only to it being called the greatest..

prodigy
06-19-2016, 01:43 AM

great question. to me it depends how the cavs win tomorrow. If the cavs win by 20 then i think its both. The Warriors Choked big time and the Cavs were just on a completely different level. (don't think this will happen)

If Cavs win a close game then i think the Cavs just wanted it more and a dominate performance but not because the warriors choked. GS ran into a pissed off determined Cavs team with the best player in the world.

If that makes sense...

SportsFanatic10
06-19-2016, 02:17 AM
Bad choke by the Warriors, but as they proved against the Thunder these things can and will happen. I'm just glad this series has been so entertaining and competitive. It's nice to see Golden State look so vulnerable honestly. I didn't think the Cavs had much of a chance going into this series. Lebron is a straight beast coming from someone who wasn't even a big fan of his during his time with the Heat. He's played amazing and deserves to win finals MVP imo no matter what the result of game 7 unless he ****s that bed or Curry has a monster night.

goingfor28
06-19-2016, 02:36 AM
I don't think it means GS choked. It certainly would be a huge feather in Bron's cap and IMO his greatest accomplishment.
Being up 3-1 in the finals and losing after finishing the best regular season ever would be a massive choke job.

ewing
06-19-2016, 06:33 AM
Being up 3-1 in the finals and losing after finishing the best regular season ever would be a massive choke job.

yeah i don't brother watching the games before making my narrative either.

Wade n Fade
06-19-2016, 12:47 PM
The city of Cleveland would be an undeserving group because of their classless actions from the past. From chucking bottles during "Bottle-gate" to peeing on LeBron's face with "urinal cakes" in July 2010, Cleveland fans are crazy.

WOwolfOL
06-19-2016, 01:07 PM
I honestly can't say that I've watched the Warriors choke as much as I've watched the Cavs seal the perimeter and dominate with second chance points. Although the Warriors have had many sloppy turnovers and just have no answer for Thompson or Bron, obviously.

Cavs should win, and I will be really happy for the city of Cleveland to finally get a championship again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

ewing
06-19-2016, 07:15 PM
that is also because MJ had some of the best players ever on his team and his team was 9 deep at times on top of not playing against one of the best teams ever because they were the best team ever themselves.... I can bring you several playoffs games where jordan shot like 6 for 32 and they still won.... If bron does that the cavs lose by 30. Go take a look at jordans playoff record before he got pippen and roman.

See but non of this stuff matters.. CONTEXT PEOPLE.

really in 91 Pip was in this 4th year and just emerging. he was not better then Klay right now IMO. He also had Horce Grant after that they had Cartwright, and BJ, and then a bunch of journeymen- hodges, stacy King, will perdue.... Jordan was just better then anyone then and anyone now. Its was Blazers that were deep and stacked.

ewing
06-19-2016, 07:17 PM
I honestly can't say that I've watched the Warriors choke as much as I've watched the Cavs seal the perimeter and dominate with second chance points. Although the Warriors have had many sloppy turnovers and just have no answer for Thompson or Bron, obviously.

Cavs should win, and I will be really happy for the city of Cleveland to finally get a championship again.

I agree. if Curry and Thompson come out an lay an egg then you can call it a choke job. otherwise if they lose i think they just got beat and Bron (as much as i don't like him) will deserve most of the credit.

eDush
06-19-2016, 07:28 PM

I agree. if Curry and Thompson come out an lay an egg then you can call it a choke job. otherwise if they lose i think they just got beat and Bron (as much as i don't like him) will deserve most of the credit.
Excuses are just that...excuses. If players choke in the big game and they cost their team this championship, then they as a team are not the best. The best players don't choke in big games period.

Time for my Warriors to step up in the biggest game and win it like last year!
:clap::cheer::clap: