PDA

View Full Version : Official: CHI trades Rose, Holiday, 2nd to NY for RoLo, Calderon, Grant

Pages : [1] 2

HandsOnTheWheel
06-17-2016, 03:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16287776/new-york-knicks-discussions-trading-derrick-rose

What do you think they can get him for?

FlashBolt
06-17-2016, 03:51 PM
I live in NYC and Knicks are my third favorite NBA team. Safe to say I will no longer support them if they trade for this guy.. He's not worth anything.

IndyRealist
06-17-2016, 03:53 PM
Of course they are.

lamzoka
06-17-2016, 03:57 PM
This can't be true. No ****ing way.

effen5
06-17-2016, 03:57 PM
As a bulls fan, I'll take expirings, and a cup of coffee for Derrick.

lavell12
06-17-2016, 04:00 PM
Melo and Rose would have been a good duo five years ago.

IndyRealist
06-17-2016, 04:02 PM

What's hilarious is the article goes on to talk about the limited assets the Knicks have to trade, like Rose is going to take 3 future 1sts and 4 starters in trade.

FlashBolt
06-17-2016, 04:03 PM
This can't be true. No ****ing way.

I wish it wasn't but knowing the Knicks, I'm actually surprised they haven't been looking into someone like Brandon Jennings... this might be the most clueless organization right now. At least with the Sixers, they have a plan... Knicks have no idea what they want.

effen5
06-17-2016, 04:20 PM
What's hilarious is the article goes on to talk about the limited assets the Knicks have to trade, like Rose is going to take 3 future 1sts and 4 starters in trade.

That's what the Bulls FO would want. Nothing less.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-17-2016, 04:30 PM
lol this doesnt surprise me at all...
knicks have been always picking up superstars who are past their primes and have expensive contracts

DarkKnight
06-17-2016, 04:37 PM
That's what the Bulls FO would want. Nothing less.

They can wait

And wait

And wait

Not happening

Tony_Starks
06-17-2016, 04:43 PM
I actually think it would be good for both parties. If I'm the Bulls I just want Rose gone, whatever scraps I get back is fine. To have him on the roster one more season of teasing you with good play here and there, only to go down for stretches and ultimately screw up any chemistry, is just another wasted season.

Be done with it now, turn the team over to Jimmy.

For the Knicks you get a automatic upgrade and the hopes that a change of scenery does him good. At least it puts some buzz back in the building. If he gets back to some semblance of himself he takes the pressure off Melo.

bucketss
06-17-2016, 04:43 PM
rose is a shell of his former self but knicks still don't have enough assets to trade for him.

Shammyguy3
06-17-2016, 04:56 PM
Rose for RoLo

smith&wesson
06-17-2016, 05:21 PM
The knicks have expirings and future picks they can offer.

Rose
Afllalo
Melo
Pro
Lopez

Meh not incredible but in the Atlantic division they may actually finish 2nd.

smith&wesson
06-17-2016, 05:24 PM
rose is a shell of his former self but knicks still don't have enough assets to trade for him.

Youre right as he is no longer MVP Rose... however his 16&5 is better than anything the Knicks currently have at the pg spot. He also played the most games last year then he has in the last 4 seasons.

Crackadalic
06-17-2016, 05:25 PM
**** no. His defense is worse then Jose. Don't do this Phil

Crackadalic
06-17-2016, 05:28 PM
Youre right as he is no longer MVP Rose... however his 16&5 is better than anything the Knicks currently have at the pg spot. He also played the most games last year then he has in the last 4 seasons.

16 points on 15 shots. No defense. Below league average in finishing at the rim.

Rather let grant start then get this bum

FlashBolt
06-17-2016, 05:39 PM
**** no. His defense is worse then Jose. Don't do this Phil

Phil doesn't care about NY. He couldn't resist the opportunity of getting paid millions to sit at home doing nothing. It's really pathetic. Him coming to NY is worse than Isiah.

knicksballers
06-17-2016, 05:39 PM
As a knicks fan I think this is perfect I'd do a trade of calderon and rolo for rose and their first round pick. Getting rose realistically puts us 2nd in the Durant hunt behind okc. Also rose expires next year which sets the knicks up in prime position for westbrook or paul.
Can you imagine a starting lineup of

PG:rose
SG: Malik Beasley rookie
SF: Durant
PF:Melo
C:Porzingis

Then 2017 starting lineup of

PG:Paul/Westbrook
SG:Beasley
C: Porzingis

smith&wesson
06-17-2016, 05:40 PM
16 points on 15 shots. No defense. Below league average in finishing at the rim.

Rather let grant start then get this bum

where are you getting those numbers :confused: he shoots over 40% from the field. Rose can finish at the rim, its his long distance shooting thats questionable as he shoots below 30%..

any other fan would believe you perhaps when you say Calderon plays better defense than Rose. But I'm a raptor fan and Calderon in his prime was a horrible defender, so I cant even imagine what it would be today.

smith&wesson
06-17-2016, 05:46 PM
Phil doesn't care about NY. He couldn't resist the opportunity of getting paid millions to sit at home doing nothing. It's really pathetic. Him coming to NY is worse than Isiah.

its not like he had all kinds of flexibility and picks to work with in order to rebuild that team. I think Proz was drafted in Phill's era, that's was a great pick. They got Lopez and Afflalo which are two defensive minded role players to compliment Melo... its a work in progress, but Phill has had his work cut out for him since he started with NY. He came in to a ****** situation and is trying to turn things around.

I like the hiring of Hornecek as well, as he is a good coach imo. It will take time, but I think things will start to look up for the Knicks.

Feel for the Knicks fans, I was a New York Knick fan for the longest time, but it just seems like every time they take one step forward, they take two steps back and that is incredibly frustrating for a fan after a while.

Alayla
06-17-2016, 05:48 PM
where are you getting those numbers :confused: he shoots over 40% from the field. Rose can finish at the rim, its his long distance shooting thats questionable as he shoots below 30%..

any other fan would believe you perhaps when you say Calderon plays better defense than Rose. But I'm a raptor fan and Calderon in his prime was a horrible defender, so I cant even imagine what it would be today.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3456/derrick-rose
16.4 points on 15.9 Attempts Rose is just a name at this point.

Hawkeye15
06-17-2016, 05:49 PM
what the hell does Rose have that they want?

tp13baby
06-17-2016, 05:55 PM
As a knicks fan I think this is perfect I'd do a trade of calderon and rolo for rose and their first round pick. Getting rose realistically puts us 2nd in the Durant hunt behind okc. Also rose expires next year which sets the knicks up in prime position for westbrook or paul.
Can you imagine a starting lineup of

PG:rose
SG: Malik Beasley rookie
C:Porzingis

Then 2017 starting lineup of

PG:Paul/Westbrook
SG:Beasley
C: Porzingis

If you wanna imagine go play 2k, Porzingas, Rose and Melo isn't pursuading KD to go there.

knicksballers
06-17-2016, 05:57 PM
If you wanna imagine go play 2k, Porzingas, Rose and Melo isn't pursuading KD to go there.

Well those 3 >Westbrook? hmm you decide

Alayla
06-17-2016, 06:01 PM
Well those 3 >Westbrook? hmm you decide

Rose is effectively a none factor in the NBA at this point Westbrook Ibaka Kanter is alot better of a supporting group than that espically since Melo is effectively a worse Durant anyway and older.

knicksballers
06-17-2016, 06:04 PM
Rose is effectively a none factor in the NBA at this point Westbrook Ibaka Kanter is alot better of a supporting group than that espically since Melo is effectively a worse Durant anyway and older.

Well seeing how we are comparing those three I'd take the knicks big three there. Plus New York plays in the east those 4 beat LeBron and irving imo.

knicksballers
06-17-2016, 06:08 PM
plus
rose<westbrook
melo>ibaka
Porzingis>kanter

zn23
06-17-2016, 06:10 PM

If you're getting Rose for a discount, then yea, it's an upgrade to whatever the Knicks have. But if you're going to pay him $20M a year then it's not a good move.

He's a shell of his former self. He's been declining rapidly these last few years and I think the Bulls are thinking they can get a lot of Rose right now.

To me this looks like a typical Knicks publicity stunt. Not a move that's going to rapidly improve their chances of making the playoffs.

xxplayerxx23
06-17-2016, 06:28 PM
Rose for RoLo

Gross
Calderon oquinn and a 2nd should be the most they get offered. Rose isn't to good.

xxplayerxx23
06-17-2016, 06:30 PM
Future picks lol. That would be awful.'doubt they move any first.

Trade Jose-
Oquinn 2nd you still have max cap space when Affalo and Williams opt out. So yeah maybe worth a shot if the change of scenery / fast paced offense may help. If you grab a good max guy then maybe you are a good east team with possible max room for the next year. Key is going to be KP taking that next step regardless of who we grab. I'd rather a pass first Pg over rose tho but for cheap why not

Shammyguy3
06-17-2016, 06:44 PM
Gross
Calderon oquinn and a 2nd should be the most they get offered. Rose isn't to good.

Well yeah idk why New York would make that trade but i would like RoLo lol

Vincent
06-17-2016, 06:57 PM
Seems like two unlikely trade partners.

Bulls are probably better off holding on to Rose and hoping he can have a bounce back year (or at least enough where they can get some sort of long term asset for him at the trade deadline).

The Knicks have no real long term assets to offer for Rose, and even if they did, it really makes no sense for them to do it. If they really did want to build a playoff team for next year, they are better off signing a free agent.

All smoke, no fire.

yungincome
06-17-2016, 07:15 PM
Don't entertain this nonsense. This is not happening. Nothing that Phil has done has ever been leaked. Especially Begley. Beck was the only one who got JH right. We usually find out about the deal when it happens. It's been like that since Phil got here. On some Cashman ninja ****.

-Rambis will be the coach and is the leading candidate. Phil will not interview outside his circle and Rambis basically got the job.
-Monroe is a lock to sign with NY. The deal is as close as could be.
-Knicks are enamored with Lyles/Kaminski and will pick them with the 4th pick.
-Phil is playing with his feet and is not doing a coaching search.

I mean I could go on and on. Phil is fudging with the media. Again, name one leak that came out that turned out to be true.

Stunner
06-17-2016, 07:23 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3456/derrick-rose
16.4 points on 15.9 Attempts Rose is just a name at this point.

This is mostly due to his bad start to the season with his eye injury . Since Christmas he actually been decent .

FG
Jan 47% 17.6 ppg
Feb 44% 21.9 ppg
March 46% 16.6 ppg
April only 3 games because he was trying to tough it out with a sprain elbow 37%

KnIckFaN.2883
06-17-2016, 07:26 PM
No way. I don't want rose and his two bum knees.

GiantsSwaGG
06-17-2016, 07:33 PM
It would be a bad trade for us if we traded Jose for Rose straight up, dude is not good anymore and I don't believe this article. It's safe to say nobody knows what Phil is going to do

More-Than-Most
06-17-2016, 08:00 PM
the sad part is youd think there is no way this is true.... and then you realize its the knicks and know there is validity to the story lol

More-Than-Most
06-17-2016, 08:01 PM
i want the lakers/knicks great because its great for basketball.... please fire phil... PLEASE FIRE HIM BEFORE HE DOES THIS

phantasyyy
06-17-2016, 08:05 PM
I mean I would entertain a trade centered around Rolo + Calderon for Rose if I were a Knicks fan to be honest.
As good as Rolo is he is just a stop gap at C until Zinger fills out and successfully takes that position from him. Might as well let him grow into that position and become more comfortable with handling the bigger 5's.

Even though Rose is not the Rose of old... he is still a substantial upgrade over the likes of Calderon and Grant. He also had the benefit of using last year as his rehabilitation year and getting acclimated to the grind of the NBA. This offseason is huge for him rounding his game back to form and I think playing with an offensive dynamo is Melo will allow Rose to take some of the offensive burden away from himself and allow him to flourish a little more.

If the move doesn't pan out for the Knicks, Rose expires at the end of the season anyway, which sets them up for a huge offseason with his contract coming off the books vs only Calderon coming off.

Melo -24m, Rose-21m, KP-4.3m, Quinn-3.9m, Grant-1.6m for a total of 55m

which is a lot more attractive than what they have now with:

Melo -24m, Rolo-13m, Calderon-7.7m KP-4.3m, Quinn-3.9m, Grant-1.6m - 54.5m

I think Afflalo is likely to opt out his 8m contract, but Williams will opt-in for his 4.6m, putting them at about 60m, with a 94m cap.

Crackadalic
06-17-2016, 08:43 PM
I don't believe this report at all

NY press is just bored

We were suppose to hire rambis and its a for gone conclusion

Suppose to max Monroe

Suppose to draft Winslow etc

Just smoke that's all. If Phil pulls some isiah Thomas **** with this I'll trade kp to a franchise that deserves him.

Meth
06-17-2016, 09:53 PM
Derrick Rose is probably one of the biggest trade assets in terms of name value. That's the only thing he has at this point.

DboneG
06-17-2016, 10:00 PM
D. Rose will be ready to turn it on come start of next season...after seeing his work out buddy RWB do his thing in the playoffs, gave him that much more motivation. He's working out as we speak. He's in a contract year also, players always do well in their last year of their contract. That's what the majority are in this business for...TO GET PAID. I believe D. Rose is going to do well next season. Would I take on his huge contract and his knee risk? NO! Well, maybe.

I'm like Phil on this on...If this guy comes back like his old self, showing that MVP form. NY will be rocking! That's what Phil can't let go of. Then, that Lil' 20 million dollar contract would be nothing, compared to the amount of revenue he will bring to MSG.

xxplayerxx23
06-17-2016, 10:11 PM
the sad part is youd think there is no way this is true.... and then you realize its the knicks and know there is validity to the story lol

76er fan talking **** lmfao

5ass
06-17-2016, 10:17 PM
He was easily a bottom 5 starting PG this season.

5ass
06-17-2016, 10:22 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=413869

In case you missed this article, this dude is suggesting..
Rubio + Muhammad
Beverley+ariza
elfrid payton+ Mario hezonja

:facepalm:

naps
06-18-2016, 01:00 AM
And Phil Jackson thought building a team was easy and he would become next Pat Riley. Most clueless GM and organization in all of basketball hands down.

Captain Moroni
06-18-2016, 01:17 AM
Derrick Rose is garbage. Pass.

xxplayerxx23
06-18-2016, 01:28 AM
And Phil Jackson thought building a team was easy and he would become next Pat Riley. Most clueless GM and organization in all of basketball hands down.

1st off - no
2nd off lol you serious because a rumor that's not prob not true lol Jesus this guy. Enjoy the down days in miami

joedaheights
06-18-2016, 03:00 AM

Expiring a don't have the value they once did with the cap going up so high

naps
06-18-2016, 04:29 AM
1st off - no
2nd off lol you serious because a rumor that's not prob not true lol Jesus this guy. Enjoy the down days in miami

What no? Phil has ZERO clues as to where this team is going. What are they doing again? Are they gathering future assets to rebuild? NO. Are they contending? In dreams may be. Are they trying to make the playoffs and failing at it? YES. The worst spot for a team to be in. When Phil arrived in NY, I remember all knicks fans going nuts and their narratives for how magically free agents will flock to join Phil. Well, the jury is still waiting to see why exactly the man is getting paid $12 million a year because he hasnt done anything to show for.

And what do you mean if I am serious? That's what people do here in these forums. If a rumor is out people talk about it. Stop acting like you are phil's long lost child who is living in his house and knows it's certainly not true.
And a knick fan is talking about down days in Miami? Dont get me started. The biggest market in the league has been the greatest disappointment in basketball like forever. Dont get too defensive because I stated a fact.

SportsFanatic10
06-18-2016, 04:57 AM
Melo and Rose would have been a good duo five years ago.

Ya 5 years ago and only for 1 season. And even then I'm not so sure they'd work well together at all.

SportsFanatic10
06-18-2016, 04:58 AM
1st off - no

At least the "down days" in Miami will never reach the depths of the Knicks normal days.

yungincome
06-18-2016, 10:59 AM

Didn't know the trade went down, but good try. You're just as gullible as the rest of the people who believed everything the NY media pulls out their ***. Since it's clear you know nothing about the organization, because not 1 move since Phil has been here has been leaked. Not 1.

The old Knicks regime, I'll give you that cuz they did some dumb ****. Phil has not been perfect and there's some moves that I didn't agree with, but he has done a better job than anyone before him. Nothing has been leaked, hasn't traded picks, hasn't given out ridiculous contract to injury prone players, etc.

But continue to be gullible.

JasonJohnHorn
06-18-2016, 11:58 AM
This is Marbury and Penny and Francis all over again.

They take gambles on injured guards who have low stock value and hope they will return to form, or take guards whose level of play has dipped hoping it will return to a high level: never happens.

Waste of time and money.

Corey
06-18-2016, 12:08 PM
Why is anyone surprised or talking trash?

Rose expires after the season. The Knicks aren't winning a title regardless. Why not take a flier and see what you can get? Keep him healthy and the team will either over perform, or he'll build his stock up enough that he can be a valuable asset.

He's better than what they have.

ausanr
06-18-2016, 12:11 PM
I live in NYC and Knicks are my third favorite NBA team. Safe to say I will no longer support them if they trade for this guy.. He's not worth anything.http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/6.gif
http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/4.gif http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/21.gif

Corey
06-18-2016, 12:14 PM
At least the "down days" in Miami will never reach the depths of the Knicks normal days.

Wasn't Miami a 15 win team in 07?

Knicks have never won that few games. Hmm.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-18-2016, 12:22 PM
I'll wait until I see something from Woj, before I get super pissed.

D-Leethal
06-18-2016, 01:33 PM
Knicks own all of their picks from here on out (not like they would offer them for Rose) but have no assets?

Rose makes sense as a stopgap PG that will open up cap space for the 2017 bonanza with CP3 and Westbrook becoming FA. Low risk maneuver if you can trade Calderon and O'Quinn for him.

xxplayerxx23
06-18-2016, 01:54 PM

I recall you guys winning 15 games one year we've never reached that low. You think one lucky lebron teaming up with his boy wade stretch is going to make us forget that lol

bleedprple&gold
06-18-2016, 02:22 PM
Knicks own all of their picks from here on out (not like they would offer them for Rose) but have no assets?

Rose makes sense as a stopgap PG that will open up cap space for the 2017 bonanza with CP3 and Westbrook becoming FA. Low risk maneuver if you can trade Calderon and O'Quinn for him.

Knicks would be stupid to give up any picks for Rose. If they do they have obviously not learned from past mistakes. When has trading their picks ever worked out in their favor? And giving up picks for a one year rental that's not even going to help the team get to the playoffs is especially not smart.

effen5
06-18-2016, 04:04 PM
He was easily a bottom 5 starting PG this season.

PG? No. Bottom 5 player? Yes.

D-Leethal
06-18-2016, 04:40 PM
Knicks would be stupid to give up any picks for Rose. If they do they have obviously not learned from past mistakes. When has trading their picks ever worked out in their favor? And giving up picks for a one year rental that's not even going to help the team get to the playoffs is especially not smart.

Not sure if you had difficulty reading, comprehending or both but I clearly wrote we would never offer up picks for Rose. Phil has been pretty adamant since he has been here that he is not interested in shelling out picks in any trades. He refused to trade a pick for Teague, doubt he would do it for Rose.

KnickNyKnick
06-18-2016, 05:15 PM
That Article is stupid.. they have had "Internal" discussions.... thats when you know the season is almost done, we start seeing headlines of teams having internal discusssions.. Im sure they have also discussed internally on obtaining KD..

meloman1592
06-18-2016, 05:45 PM
Lol at anyone thinking the Knicks will give up real value for Rose

xxplayerxx23
06-18-2016, 09:58 PM
PG? No. Bottom 5 player? Yes.

Bottom
5 player? That's a bit harsh

Pierzynski4Prez
06-18-2016, 10:08 PM
That Article is stupid.. they have had "Internal" discussions.... thats when you know the season is almost done, we start seeing headlines of teams having internal discusssions.. Im sure they have also discussed internally on obtaining KD..

"How about Derrick Rose?"

"**** no!"

Internal discussion

R. Johnson#3
06-18-2016, 10:14 PM
If the Knicks give up any young pieces then they lose. If they can do expirings and a future pick then it's a win. Rose isn't worth anything significant but the Knicks need to get someone for Melo.

naps
06-18-2016, 11:35 PM
Didn't know the trade went down, but good try. You're just as gullible as the rest of the people who believed everything the NY media pulls out their ***. Since it's clear you know nothing about the organization, because not 1 move since Phil has been here has been leaked. Not 1.

The old Knicks regime, I'll give you that cuz they did some dumb ****. Phil has not been perfect and there's some moves that I didn't agree with, but he has done a better job than anyone before him. Nothing has been leaked, hasn't traded picks, hasn't given out ridiculous contract to injury prone players, etc.

But continue to be gullible.

Still waiting to hear what direction the team is going? Certainly not gullible. That team is stuck at worst position. Please enlighten me how they are doing since you said I dont know them well.

jimm120
06-19-2016, 12:51 AM
Just read an article where the writer suggested

Robin Lopez (and his cozy 3 years and 13per)
Jerian Grant (an asset and a young one)
1st rounder (heavily protected...top 20 protected)

for

Rose

LOOOL. 3 valuable pieces for Rose.

If the situation with Rose was simply out of form because of the injuries, then ok. But he's lost speed. Can't jump. Was never a good shooter. Those aren't a result from him still recovering, but that that is simply what he is now.

ewing
06-19-2016, 01:25 AM

but they didn't fill the roaster with absolute trash! They tanked for a half a season, landed a super mobile 7'3 teenager with 3 point range who has his head screwed on right and a PG prospect late first round that i still like. they then filled the roaster with decent NBA caliber players without over investing in anything. This last part offends people. I'm not sure why

ewing
06-19-2016, 01:39 AM
Still waiting to hear what direction the team is going? Certainly not gullible. That team is stuck at worst position. Please enlighten me how they are doing since you said I dont know them well.

they are developing a guy that they hope is a franchise player in the making while maintaining financial flexibility, keeping there picks, and trying to floor the best team possible.

More-Than-Most
06-19-2016, 01:53 AM
Just read an article where the writer suggested

Robin Lopez (and his cozy 3 years and 13per)
Jerian Grant (an asset and a young one)
1st rounder (heavily protected...top 20 protected)

for

Rose

LOOOL. 3 valuable pieces for Rose.

If the situation with Rose was simply out of form because of the injuries, then ok. But he's lost speed. Can't jump. Was never a good shooter. Those aren't a result from him still recovering, but that that is simply what he is now.

for a guy that avg 16/4/3 on 41 percent shooting who is making a billion dollars lol

SportsFanatic10
06-19-2016, 01:57 AM
I recall you guys winning 15 games one year we've never reached that low. You think one lucky lebron teaming up with his boy wade stretch is going to make us forget that lol

Do you also recall how that was a transition faze that the Heat have proved don't last forever in their case, unlike how the Knicks ones do. And injuries played a big part. Either way, your post still doesn't change the fact that Miami rarely experiences great lows, and likely won't now. While the Knicks have prolonged periods of irrelevance commonly. I'm not one to rag a team, but you took an unnecessary and misinformed shot at the Heat first.

xxplayerxx23
06-19-2016, 02:30 AM
Do you also recall how that was a transition faze that the Heat have proved don't last forever in their case, unlike how the Knicks ones do. And injuries played a big part. Either way, your post still doesn't change the fact that Miami rarely experiences great lows, and likely won't now. While the Knicks have prolonged periods of irrelevance commonly. I'm not one to rag a team, but you took an unnecessary and misinformed shot at the Heat first.

1st off wrong lol two heat fans too shots i responded second off what great future do you see on this team lol I'm lost what's so good about Miami ? Lol and yeah 17 wins one lucky friendship bs get together doesn't mean much.

DarkKnight
06-19-2016, 02:48 AM
for a guy that avg 16/4/3 on 41 percent shooting who is making a billion dollars lol

Sounds fair ;)

SportsFanatic10
06-19-2016, 02:53 AM
1st off wrong lol two heat fans too shots i responded second off what great future do you see on this team lol I'm lost what's so good about Miami ? Lol and yeah 17 wins one lucky friendship bs get together doesn't mean much.

True, I'm just talking about our exchange however. But I can see you were provoked somewhat after looking through the thread from the start so fair point.

I never said anything about a "great future" however, I just said their lows won't reach the depths of what the Knicks have become annually is all. You guys need to do something with Anthony and build around Pozingis imo. Untill then the team will be stuck trying to make the playoffs without any real chance of building a good enough quality team to be in the upper conference mix. Miami will likely field pretty much the same team this year as last with Bosh probably out again and no cap room to sign anyone else outside of their own free agents. But they will very likely make the playoffs and have a chance of making it out of the 2nd round. That's not that bad for "down days" is my point.

xxplayerxx23
06-19-2016, 03:24 AM
True, I'm just talking about our exchange however. But I can see you were provoked somewhat after looking through the thread from the start so fair point.

I never said anything about a "great future" however, I just said their lows won't reach the depths of what the Knicks have become annually is all. You guys need to do something with Anthony and build around Pozingis imo. Untill then the team will be stuck trying to make the playoffs without any real chance of building a good enough quality team to be in the upper conference mix. Miami will likely field pretty much the same team this year as last with Bosh probably out again and no cap room to sign anyone else outside of their own free agents. But they will very likely make the playoffs and have a chance of making it out of the 2nd round. That's not that bad for "down days" is my point.

Knicks just need to build around KP and they'll be fine

SportsFanatic10
06-19-2016, 03:31 AM
Knicks just need to build around KP and they'll be fine

I agree....But will they? I think they should get the best value for Anthony that they can right now. It'll only go down from here obviously at his current age, and I think he would wave his no trade clause if he was told that the team where to go in that direction and assured of landing on a quality team.

SportsFanatic10
06-19-2016, 03:33 AM
Derrick Rose certainly wouldn't figure to be the answer at all if they do go that route. If the report is true it really makes me doubt the team's direction.

ewing
06-19-2016, 06:36 AM

Its not happening

D-Leethal
06-19-2016, 10:31 AM
Rose is an expiring contract. Not sure why people act like he is going to cripple our cap or something.

I think the idea that you either need to rebuild via full blown youth movement and trade all veterans is flawed. Knicks can groom KP, pick up some young role players and rebuild the starting lineup via free agency. Our frontline is solid, we have a top 5 prospect in the entire league who is 20 years old, we have two positions that need to be filled and the rest will settle itself nicely. We have flexibility the next 2 offseasons - we really just need to make a splash once.

I don't understand the urgency to trade Melo either - he is a trooper and if he wants to stay I'm fine keeping him around. Melo at 31 or Melo at 35 is not a bad piece to have on your roster. He isn't going to carry the team on his shoulders but he can contribute heavily to what we are trying to build here throughout the duration of his deal if we can get enough talent around him.

D-Leethal
06-19-2016, 10:38 AM
Derrick Rose certainly wouldn't figure to be the answer at all if they do go that route. If the report is true it really makes me doubt the team's direction.

No trade that is sending back Calderon and O'Quinn would be "the answer" lol. Who would expect Rose to be the answer? We would shed 2 bums and take a look at Rose for a year, shedding 22m off the books when a star studded PG class comes available.

Phil, to me, seems like he is intent on lining up contracts to keep us involved in FA every year or every other year. I don't see him maxing out his squad and going "all in" with a roster over the cap for 5 straight years. If we max out a guy like Conley that is all we can do this FA and probably next FA. If we trade Calderon and O'Quinn for Rose we can still use close to 20M in cap this year and will be players again next year. This move makes more sense than you guys are talking about but guys usually just close your eyes and scream things like "overpaid injured bum" and don't look at any of the other details.

othhe06
06-19-2016, 11:18 AM
I live in NYC and Knicks are my third favorite NBA team. Safe to say I will no longer support them if they trade for this guy.. He's not worth anything.http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/6.gif
http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/4.gif http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/22.gif

Raps08-09 Champ
06-19-2016, 11:26 AM
Phil Jackson is a troll if he does this.

Chronz
06-19-2016, 12:03 PM
Rose is an expiring contract. Not sure why people act like he is going to cripple our cap or something.

I think the idea that you either need to rebuild via full blown youth movement and trade all veterans is flawed. Knicks can groom KP, pick up some young role players and rebuild the starting lineup via free agency. Our frontline is solid, we have a top 5 prospect in the entire league who is 20 years old, we have two positions that need to be filled and the rest will settle itself nicely. We have flexibility the next 2 offseasons - we really just need to make a splash once.

I don't understand the urgency to trade Melo either - he is a trooper and if he wants to stay I'm fine keeping him around. Melo at 31 or Melo at 35 is not a bad piece to have on your roster. He isn't going to carry the team on his shoulders but he can contribute heavily to what we are trying to build here throughout the duration of his deal if we can get enough talent around him.

Its getting those young role players thats the hard part.

ewing
06-19-2016, 12:48 PM
Its getting those young role players thats the hard part.

getting the young star that pans out is the hard part. If KP develops into the legit franchise player the knicks are well on there way, if not....

xxplayerxx23
06-19-2016, 05:31 PM
I agree....But will they? I think they should get the best value for Anthony that they can right now. It'll only go down from here obviously at his current age, and I think he would wave his no trade clause if he was told that the team where to go in that direction and assured of landing on a quality team.

No need to do a full rebuild. Just add some pieces melo is off the books in a couple years. They need some kind of PG and SG combo. Their 3-5 is really solid

still1ballin
06-19-2016, 06:18 PM
The Knicks are back!

:dance:

naps
06-19-2016, 06:27 PM
they are developing a guy that they hope is a franchise player in the making while maintaining financial flexibility, keeping there picks, and trying to floor the best team possible.

Those picks wont get you anywhere as long as you are not sucking bad enough to get into top 2/3 picks in the lotto. As long as Melo is there it wont happen. Being stuck around 7 to 10 in the conference is the worst place to be in.

ewing
06-19-2016, 07:09 PM
Those picks wont get you anywhere as long as you are not sucking bad enough to get into top 2/3 picks in the lotto. As long as Melo is there it wont happen. Being stuck around 7 to 10 in the conference is the worst place to be in.

i like i said your complaint is that don't suck enough. if KP develops into a franchse player in the next two years they will be able land at least one all star caliber free agent and then yes those pick do mean something. if you have a young emerging star, your picks, and financial flexibility you aren't stuck. its up to KP

Chronz
06-19-2016, 07:11 PM
getting the young star that pans out is the hard part. If KP develops into the legit franchise player the knicks are well on there way, if not....
Once you have that star, it really depends on how you build around him thats the true challenge. Like if KP turns into a Melo type star, I dont think the Knicks are well on theire way. If he turns into a Dirk type talent then sure, you have your foundation, everyone hopes their young guys blow up tho.

ewing
06-19-2016, 07:22 PM
Once you have that star, it really depends on how you build around him thats the true challenge. Like if KP turns into a Melo type star, I dont think the Knicks are well on theire way. If he turns into a Dirk type talent then sure, you have your foundation, everyone hopes their young guys blow up tho.

like i said the Knicks think they have something special. time will tell.

TheNumber37
06-19-2016, 10:43 PM

Right, Because no one good has ever been picked outside of the top 3.
I think Melo will have a big year playing more small ball 4 for Hornacek. Carmelo does need a good lead guard to be at his best and Rose can do that.

It's Smart thinking by the Knicks front office. The know they need a PG, so really, what are their options?

1. Sign Mike Conley (+100 mil contract)
2. Acquire a PG on a 1 year rental to preserve cap space. Rose (21 mil).
3. Sign Rondo. Something tells me we would give him a 3 year deal. (+50 mil contract)
4, Sign a lower tiered PG

North Yorker
06-22-2016, 03:13 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 11s12 seconds ago
Knicks and Bulls are in advanced talks on a deal to send Derrick Rose to New York, sources tell @ShamsCharania and me.

GunFactor187
06-22-2016, 03:18 PM

For App Users:

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 4m minutes ago
The Bulls are sending Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday and a 2017 2nd-round pick for Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant and Jose Calderon, per source.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 03:18 PM
Yes, now we can have Dwight and Rose!

North Yorker
06-22-2016, 03:20 PM
That's kinda a high price to pay for Rose, no?

aman_13
06-22-2016, 03:21 PM
Wow

Wade n Fade
06-22-2016, 03:21 PM
Jesus, NYK is really really dumb to waste cap space on Rose.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 03:23 PM
Wow. I give up being a Knicks fan. They are definitely signing Dwight.. Bulls have to be ecstatic now. Got rid of a dead contract.

AI
06-22-2016, 03:24 PM

Except we didn't, the salaries match. Knicks still have around $34M in cap space this summer.

lavell12
06-22-2016, 03:25 PM
Melo-Rose-Dwight the Knights are going to be awesome in 2010.

Cal827
06-22-2016, 03:26 PM
That's kinda a high price to pay for Rose, no?

They also get a ton of cap relief though after next season if they don't sign him back. Lopez's contract and I think possibly Calderon's ran through next season at 13.5 and 7 million.

20 million now open for them? If guys like Durant do what people expect and sign a one year deal to score big time next season, they're they might start to look like a nice destination. If Porzingis continues to develop, and Melo stands pat.

I'm curious what that means for Noah on the Bulls though. I would guess that means he's not going to be resigned?

Vinny642
06-22-2016, 03:27 PM
LMAOOO Rose went from MVP to only netting Robin Lopez in a trade smh

kdspurman
06-22-2016, 03:28 PM
Does this mean Noah ends up in a Knicks uniform too now?

J4KOP99
06-22-2016, 03:30 PM
I'm thinking dwight. How much cap do the knicks have now?

WaDe03
06-22-2016, 03:30 PM
Wow. I give up being a Knicks fan. They are definitely signing Dwight.. Bulls have to be ecstatic now. Got rid of a dead contract.

Wtf, what teams are you a fan of?

WaDe03
06-22-2016, 03:31 PM
You guys beat me to it but I agree with Dwight to the Knicks.

Heediot
06-22-2016, 03:31 PM
Rose might play better under Hornacek. I like the Risk. They didn't really give up much IMO. They can cut him loose if he flops in NY and take the cap room next summer.

ManRam
06-22-2016, 03:32 PM
Weird trade. I don't think there's much risk here for either team tbh, but it's not a slam dunk for either.

FlashBolt
I'm thinking dwight. How much cap do the knicks have now?

Enough to get Dwight and still have some room (10-15 million). Rose+Carmelo+Dwight on the same team... man, bunch of has beens getting max dollars.

WaDe03
Knicks may also have this in mind

Rose
???
Durant or Batum
Melo
Kristaps

KD isn't happening though in my opinion.

North Yorker
06-22-2016, 03:33 PM
They also get a ton of cap relief though after next season if they don't sign him back. Lopez's contract and I think possibly Calderon's ran through next season at 13.5 and 7 million.

20 million now open for them? If guys like Durant do what people expect and sign a one year deal to score big time next season, they're they might start to look like a nice destination. If Porzingis continues to develop, and Melo stands pat.

I'm curious what that means for Noah on the Bulls though. I would guess that means he's not going to be resigned?
Calderon is expiring like Rose. They shed like 15M next year with Grant and Lopez, but those guys weren't really overpaid to begin with, and with the cap going up cap space isn't really that valuable because most of the league has it.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 03:34 PM
Weird trade. I don't think there's much risk here for either team tbh, but it's not a slam dunk for either.

Chciago wins here though. They get a center to replace Noah/Pau. Robin Lopez's energy and rebounding makes him serviceable. Got rid of Rose's contract to fill positions they needed and the backup PG in Calderon. They should make a move for KD if they want to keep Calderon in the starting PG or try to get Conley/Rondo.

DODGERS&LAKERS
Didn't Calderon expire this year? I liked Lopez contract going forward. A quality center on a low deal considering what others will get this summer. And they game that up for Rose? I dont get it

LA4life24/8
This is actually a smart trade for the future. Expiring contract. Also means rose might actually play his *** off this year trying to earn a contract even if it's not with the Knicks

WaDe03
Guys are saying Noah will follow, he loves Rose and Melo.

FlashBolt
Knicks may also have this in mind

Rose
???
Durant or Batum
Melo
Kristaps

KD isn't happening though in my opinion.

KD isn't leaving to play with Rose.. LOL.

jerellh528
06-22-2016, 03:35 PM
Wow weird trade. I guess this likely means butler is staying put in Chicago right?

kdspurman
06-22-2016, 03:35 PM
Guys are saying Noah will follow, he loves Rose and Melo.

Yea that's what I mentioned before. I think it makes sense

bleedprple&gold
06-22-2016, 03:36 PM
It's a miracle the Knicks didn't give up any draft picks. That's a win for Knicks fans by itself.

AI
06-22-2016, 03:36 PM
Let's be real, Knicks didn't use cap space for this deal and Rose is exactly the type of player you take a gamble on. Calderon is cooked, RoLo is a nice role player and Grant is a good prospect but that's about it. If Rose flops, you clear his cap off the books next offseason. By shedding RoLo's contract, this trade gives the Knicks even more cap to play with in 2017. This is a good gamble for the Knicks.

Plus having Rose, Melo and KP and $34M in cap space for this year is also quite attractive.

lamzoka
06-22-2016, 03:37 PM
It's already been reported earlier today that D12 wants to play for the Knicks.

I'm assuming they got rid off Lopez to sign him.

ewing
06-22-2016, 03:38 PM

they aren't giving up cap space. they are gaining it. There really isn't a lot out there this off season and rose is expiring while the other guys weren't. that said i am not sold on this. After watching Lopez for a year and with the cap going up i actually think his deal was a bargain. I also think Grant still as a pretty good chance of becoming a solid pro

NYKnickFanatic
06-22-2016, 03:39 PM
I guess we are tanking. Who are some good prospects next year?

ewing
06-22-2016, 03:39 PM

when did you become a knick fan?

NYKnickFanatic
06-22-2016, 03:40 PM

I believe he said they are his 2nd or 3rd favorite team.

SeoulBeatz
06-22-2016, 03:41 PM
Oh. My. God.

It actually happened.

Welp... Melo + KP + Rose = Chip?

smith&wesson

Rose
Afflalo
Melo
Proz
Howard or Noah.

Not bad at all in the Atlantic division too.

FlashBolt
0) Seattle
1) OKC
2) NYK (I lived in NYC my entire life)
3) Cleveland juts because leBron's my favorite player

smith&wesson
06-22-2016, 03:42 PM
Oh. My. God.

It actually happened.

Welp... Melo + KP + Rose = Chip?

they aren't done, they will be signing a C too.. Likely Howard or Noah.

Mamba42
Howard Melo and Rose is a nice trio that would probably fit pretty well together.

FlashBolt
Noah will not be starting for the Knicks. That much is obvious. They are definitely going after Horford or Howard.

mudvayne387
06-22-2016, 03:43 PM
Knicks still have 30+ million in cap space to play with.

Rose
Lee
Batum
Anthony
Porzingis

Noah
O'Quinn
Galloway
Thomas
Wroten
Early
Hernangomez

If they can use the remaining cap space to sign Lee/Noah/Batum I would be thrilled with the off season.

bleedprple&gold
Rose
Afflalo
Melo
Proz
Howard or Noah.

Afflalo opted out so he could be gone.

NYKnickFanatic
Rose
Afflalo
Melo
Proz
Howard or Noah.

Afflalo opted out and I see no chance of him re-signing after being benched for Sasha lol.

Jets012
So the Knicks just took on a 24.5 million dollar Point Guard who isn't even in the top 20 in his position whose teams do better when he's off the court than on the court and is vastly injury prone?

I literally do not get that franchise. They have an advantage playing in the market they do and each year they just blow it.

Now I will admit they didn't give up much for him, but why. I'm not sure I would take Rose for 1/3rd of the price at this point. You cannot expect to get more than 60 games out of him and he's a shell of his former shelf.

Just mind boggling. Rose/Melo/Porzingis isn't appealing in the slightest. This isn't 2K, this is real life basketball. Those guys (especially Rose/Melo) do not play up to their name value. That team will be really really bad once again.

At least he's expiring. I just feel bad for Knicks fans at this point because this is honestly becoming joke worthy.

Aust
06-22-2016, 03:44 PM
Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA

Dwight Howard to New York is very much in play, as I said awhile back in a video with @NoahCoslov. Robin Lopez trade lines up.

I would actually really like this for the Knicks.

Rose
?
Melo
Porz
Howard or even Noah

SeoulBeatz
06-22-2016, 03:45 PM

Well if that's the case then it's obvious they are going for one last hurrah with a big 4 of Melo, Rose, Dwight, and KP.

If Rose and Dwight can retain their former form they could finish 2nd-3rd in the East.

If it blows up, at least they have KP to build around.

FlashBolt
Don't forget about Bismack/Whiteside. Lots of good centers this season.

aman_13
Rose
Afflalo
Melo
Proz
Howard or Noah.

Playoff team, that's for sure. Well as long they remain healthy.

Heediot
Trade Porzingis for Jimmy Buckets. Sign Noah and Pau. And boom Phil Jax gave Melo everything he wanted without leaving his home-town.

NYKnickFanatic
06-22-2016, 03:46 PM
I would actually really like this for the Knicks.

Rose
?
Melo
Porz
Howard or even Noah

Why? Rose has never been the same since the injury and Dwight is a drama queen who is on the decline.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 03:47 PM
Trade Porzingis for Jimmy Buckets. Sign Noah and Pau. And boom Phil Jax gave Melo everything he wanted without leaving his home-town.

You are crazy dude... Porzingis is going to be a stud and worth the investment. Jimmy Butler wanted to leave the Bulls because of Rose according to reports. The more I think about it, if Phil can get Dwight some help like he did for Bynum/Shaq, maybe Dwight can learn something.

ewing
06-22-2016, 03:48 PM
I believe he said they are his 2nd or 3rd favorite team.

i don't believe him

Hawkeye15
has Rose become that bad?

jmartin80
Maybe the Bulls can get three out of the next 4 first overall picks and then Rose can then come back and win a championship for his home team.

I have seen it happen.

FlashBolt

Yes. Chicago got lucky with this. They can make some moves without Rose now.

b_russ
06-22-2016, 03:49 PM
This feels a lot like Steve Francis to the Knicks in '06 to me.

Wade n Fade
If the Knicks put together Melo, Howard, and Rose, that's the "Mental Midgets of NY" right there.

Me and Mr. T
This has to be considered one of the worst trades the Knicks have ever made. Granted they got a second rounder back, but why on earth would you take on DRose's salary of $21 million even for one year. He's a shade of his former self and if he goes down with yet another injury the NY media will be calling for Phil's head!

1-800-STFU
06-22-2016, 03:50 PM

Absolutely. He just chucks 3's and long 2's inefficiently and drives occasionally when he feels like it.

You'll see flashes, but thats it.

kdspurman
06-22-2016, 03:50 PM

It's a low risk move for the Knicks IMO. Rose could bounce back, who knows

NYKnickFanatic
06-22-2016, 03:51 PM
This feels a lot like Steve Francis to the Knicks in '06 to me.

Spot on

1-800-STFU
It's a low risk move for the Knicks IMO. Rose could bounce back, who knows

We've been saying he will bounce back for 3 years now.

He's done.

Heediot
You are crazy dude... Porzingis is going to be a stud and worth the investment. Jimmy Butler wanted to leave the Bulls because of Rose according to reports. The more I think about it, if Phil can get Dwight some help like he did for Bynum/Shaq, maybe Dwight can learn something.

I was just ****ing with people there. All good though. That would be real bad if PJ really did that, that Bulls core reached its limits in terms to potential success.

nycericanguy
Jeff hornacek said he wants to push the pace... I think Knicks will go smaller and put KP at C and make a run at Durant & Noah. They have tons of cap now and KP, Melo & Rose is a more balanced roster than Lopez KP and Melo.

I don't think you can start two seven footers in this day and age, knicks were the only team to do it last year and they were slow AF!

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 03:52 PM
This has to be considered one of the worst trades the Knicks have ever made. Granted they got a second rounder back, but why on earth would you take on DRose's salary of $21 million even for one year. He's a shade of his former self and if he goes down with yet another injury the NY media will be calling for Phil's head!

It's not that bad. They get rid of Lopez (who they probably didn't plan on keeping with the centers in the free agency now), can get rid of Rose's contract after a year.. It's not like Knicks can be a competitor in one year anyways. Actually, Knicks are frickin geniuses for this:

After Rose's contract is up in 2017, look at the free agent PG's (some are PO's and ETO's)

Curry
Westbrook
CP3
Lowry

Not bad.

DaBear
06-22-2016, 03:52 PM
We found a taker! :worthy:

Aust
06-22-2016, 03:54 PM
Why? Rose has never been the same since the injury and Dwight is a drama queen who is on the decline.

He played pretty well towards the end of last season and Dwight declining is still a good player. This looks a heck of a lot better than where you've been recently.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 03:54 PM
Wow, Knicks are geniuses. I changed my mind. Carmelo, KP, Dwight, and ability to sign a PG in Curry/CP3/Westbrook/Lowry in 2017? ****ing brilliant.

Me and Mr. T
06-22-2016, 03:55 PM
It's not that bad. They get rid of Lopez (who they probably didn't plan on keeping with the centers in the free agency now), can get rid of Rose's contract after a year.. It's not like Knicks can be a competitor in one year anyways. Actually, Knicks are frickin geniuses for this:

After Rose's contract is up in 2017, look at the free agent PG's (some are PO's and ETO's)

Curry
Westbrook
CP3
Lowry

Not bad.

That's great, but why would ANY of those FA's want to come to NY? It's not like they are a PG away from a title. Everything goes through Cleveland in the East until LeBron retires or leaves.

NYKnickFanatic
At the end of the day it really doesn't hurt the Knicks.

If we suck, again, at least we have our pick.

Got rid of Calderon.

Lost a prospect in Grant.

Gained a pick.

We clear Lopez's contract, DRose expires and try and make a play for Westbrook or whomever.

Biggest thing is we didn't dish out any picks.

numba1CHANGsta
And the Bulls wanted to trade Rose for D'Angelo Russell :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This is why the Knicks never win and the Lakers always do.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 03:57 PM
That's great, but why would ANY of those FA's want to come to NY? It's not like they are a PG away from a title. Everything goes through Cleveland in the East until LeBron retires or leaves.

Who knows? CP3 might because it's his friend Melo. Westbrook, you never know. Curry will probably resign. Still, lots of good options there and it's great NYK see that.

kdspurman
06-22-2016, 03:58 PM
We've been saying he will bounce back for 3 years now.

He's done.

True.. He's been very unfortunate re: injuries. Maybe things go his way now in that regard

Aust
06-22-2016, 03:59 PM
At the end of the day it really doesn't hurt the Knicks.

If we suck, again, at least we have our pick.

Got rid of Calderon.

Lost a prospect in Grant.

Gained a pick.

We clear Lopez's contract, DRose expires and try and make a play for Westbrook or whomever.

Biggest thing is we didn't dish out any picks.

That's the important thing. Unless you overpay for Dwight/Noah, this seems like a low-risk move where if things click and people stay healthy you got a good chance to make a run in a weak conference. I like that they are trying something.

nycericanguy
06-22-2016, 03:59 PM
Rose did kind of bounce back last year though, 2nd half of the year he was solid and alot of the games he missed were precautionary or because of the eye, which i wouldnt really call an injury.

He's certainly a huge upgrade over what NY had last year.

1-800-STFU
06-22-2016, 04:00 PM
True.. He's been very unfortunate re: injuries. Maybe things go his way now in that regard

He was very healthy last year. He was bad.

He can't shoot and he doesn't take it hard to the hole anymore. The only reason he had value was because his reckless drives and insane athleticism.

Think Steve Francis. That is what Derrick Rose has become.

You'll get 5 games a year where he decides that day he wants to be good at basketball and he will show you his former self, but thats it.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 04:01 PM
Rose did kind of bounce back last year though, 2nd half of the year he was solid and alot of the games he missed were precautionary or because of the eye, which i wouldnt really call an injury.

He's certainly a huge upgrade over what NY had last year.

He has one of the lowest BBIQ's for a "star" player. Dude just kept jacking up threes when he sucks at it. I'm not sure how much of that has to do with him forcing it because his knees won't let him get to the rim as explosively but it'll be interesting to see how he fits in with this team. Hornacek loves guards so let's see.

ewing

Did you become a knick fan yesterday like Flashbolt? worst knick trade ever :laugh:

WaDe03
And the Bulls wanted to trade Rose for D'Angelo Russell :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This is why the Knicks never win and the Lakers always do.

LeBron won.

NYKnickFanatic
That's the important thing. Unless you overpay for Dwight/Noah, this seems like a low-risk move where if things click and people stay healthy you got a good chance to make a run in a weak conference. I like that they are trying something.

Yeah, true.

Phil has not put a good team together yet, but at least he always has options available.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 04:02 PM
Did you become a knick fan yesterday like Flashbolt? worst knick trade ever :laugh:

Just cause I don't mention the Knicks (because there wasn't really much to talk about), doesn't mean I'm not supporting them.

Aust
06-22-2016, 04:03 PM

Did Chicago really offer that? I can't find anything about that other than speculation.

Me and Mr. T

I'm a Bulls fan. Just don't understand why they'd want Rose. If someone told me the Bulls got a bag of old used basketballs I'd have been happy! :laugh:

nycericanguy
He has one of the lowest BBIQ's for a "star" player. Dude just kept jacking up threes when he sucks at it. I'm not sure how much of that has to do with him forcing it because his knees won't let him get to the rim as explosively but it'll be interesting to see how he fits in with this team. Hornacek loves guards so let's see.

I dont view Rose as a star, Knicks have Melo & hopefully KP for that, and $34m to add another.

I think we just need Rose to push the pace, and get into the paint and create. And those things, He's still very good at.

BKLYNpigeon
06-22-2016, 04:04 PM
Rose will never be himself again, But he will still be productive and better then any PG Knicks have.

greg_ory_2005
06-22-2016, 04:05 PM
Yes this seems like a Francis type of move. Although there really isn't much risk for the Knicks. There's plenty of bigs out there to replace Lopez. I like the move for them. Seeing them start Calderon this year was just cringe worthy. Hopefully Rose has a nice year for them. He had his moments this year, but also had a large share of horrible games.

Me and Mr. T
06-22-2016, 04:05 PM
Who knows? CP3 might because it's his friend Melo. Westbrook, you never know. Curry will probably resign. Still, lots of good options there and it's great NYK see that.

Curry is staying put. The other two I don't see any way they go to NY. The Knicks think they can team Melo with Rose and maybe Howard. If they were going with a dream team of the three most overrated players in the league they'll get their wish!

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 04:07 PM
Curry is staying put. The other two I don't see any way they go to NY. The Knicks think they can team Melo with Rose and maybe Howard. If they were going with a dream team of the three most overrated players in the league they'll get their wish!

It's not even whether or not they sign them, tbh. It's the fact they have that option. It's a good move, tbh. Not like they are expecting Rose to carry them to a championship. after a year he isn't worth it, they have nothing to lose.

TheDish87
06-22-2016, 04:08 PM
did the Knicks just use their cap on Rose? lol sure its low risk but i cant see Rose changing anything from last year. Only way playoffs are realistic is if Porzinigs takes a major step forward.

nycericanguy
06-22-2016, 04:10 PM
did the Knicks just use their cap on Rose? lol sure its low risk but i cant see Rose changing anything from last year. Only way playoffs are realistic is if Porzinigs takes a major step forward.

Knicks have like $34m of cap...lol.

I could see CP3 joining Melo for sure next year.

DOC is an awful GM.

Blake is having issues with the team and could bolt.

they can never get out of the 2nd round and in the East it would be easier.

For sure Cp3 could come next year.

Me and Mr. T
06-22-2016, 04:10 PM
It's not even whether or not they sign them, tbh. It's the fact they have that option. It's a good move, tbh. Not like they are expecting Rose to carry them to a championship. after a year he isn't worth it, they have nothing to lose.

If they don't expect him to carry them then why even make the move? He's washed up. Any Bulls fan can tell you they couldn't wait to get rid of him. Sure he'll show you a flash once in a while, but he's got the knees of a 50 year old now. Knicks have less depth now then they did before and if Rose gets hurt yet again Knicks fans are going to look back on this shaking their heads.

Stunner
06-22-2016, 04:12 PM
I'm sad as hell

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 04:12 PM
If they don't expect him to carry them then why even make the move? He's washed up. Any Bulls fan can tell you they couldn't wait to get rid of him. Sure he'll show you a flash once in a while, but he's got the knees of a 50 year old now. Knicks have less depth now then they did before and if Rose gets hurt yet again Knicks fans are going to look back on this shaking their heads.

Because they get rid of Lopez's contract.. I don't know why but they probably didn't feel comfortable paying him $15 million per season for the next three seasons. This way, they only lose out on $20 million for Rose and they can still sign Dwight or Horford or Whiteside or Bismack.

1-800-STFU
06-22-2016, 04:13 PM
I dont view Rose as a star, Knicks have Melo & hopefully KP for that, and $34m to add another.

I think we just need Rose to push the pace, and get into the paint and create. And those things, He's still very good at.

This is where you are absolutely wrong. He REFUSES to do that. He's going to sit on the perimeter and chuck bad 3's. He does not drive to the hole anymore.

NYKnickFanatic
06-22-2016, 04:13 PM
Don't worry, you wil love RoLo and his pregame fights with the mascots.

Grant is a nice prospect too.

FraziersKnicks
06-22-2016, 04:14 PM
I don't actually mind this seeing what we gave up. Lopez was owed $42m over the next 3 years and Calderon is a negative on both ends of the floor.

We basically get out of Lopez's contract and Rose over Calderon is certainly an improvement. If he has a bounce back year, great. If not we just freed up an extra $14m for next summer by getting rid of Lopez (Calderon is also expiring after next season).

Rose
???
Melo
KP
Dwight

At least it'll be interesting.

jimm120
06-22-2016, 04:14 PM
This does NOT NOT NOT belong in a merged thread.

wtf. Outdated info on a deal that JUST happened.

ManRam
06-22-2016, 04:15 PM
Chciago wins here though. They get a center to replace Noah/Pau. Robin Lopez's energy and rebounding makes him serviceable. Got rid of Rose's contract to fill positions they needed and the backup PG in Calderon. They should make a move for KD if they want to keep Calderon in the starting PG or try to get Conley/Rondo.

Rose has one year left. I don't believe (I haven't looked too much at the numbers) that this sames them any money immediately. They don't really gain anything financially. Lopez is "serviceable" and maybe Grant has some upside...but they pulled the trigger right away and this just doesn't feel like a trade you pull the trigger on right away. That's all.

It's kinda a middling trade. Neither a great one for a "rebuild" nor a tremendous "retooling", let alone a "win now".

FraziersKnicks
06-22-2016, 04:16 PM
People will jump to say this is the worst trade ever because it's the Knicks and Derrick Rose but we basically traded for a $21m expiring got out of a crappy contract for a one dimensional center.

Stunner
06-22-2016, 04:16 PM
Bulls should have just let him play out his contract , smh deal makes no sense

Crackadalic
06-22-2016, 04:17 PM
Sigh 😳😳😳

34 in cap we still have

Better prey we get a cp3 and Westbrook this year.

Guess Dwight is coming here

FlashBolt
Bulls should have just let him play out his contract , smh deal makes no sense

Butler leaves if Rose doesn't so.. no brainer. You won't find one Bulls fan complaining.

nycericanguy
This is where you are absolutely wrong. He REFUSES to do that. He's going to sit on the perimeter and chuck bad 3's. He does not drive to the hole anymore.

i mean looking at his stats he only shot 2.3 three's per game last year compared to 5.3 the year before... so the numbers certainly dont agree that he just chucks 3's.

seems he actually cut back dramatically.

Tony_Starks
06-22-2016, 04:18 PM
I said if I were the Bulls I'd get rid of Rose any means necessary just to be done with it and everybody said "NOBODY is gonna take back the contract."

Well fellas, I give you the New York Knicks!

DR_1
06-22-2016, 04:19 PM
He was very healthy last year. He was bad.

He can't shoot and he doesn't take it hard to the hole anymore. The only reason he had value was because his reckless drives and insane athleticism.

Think Steve Francis. That is what Derrick Rose has become.

You'll get 5 games a year where he decides that day he wants to be good at basketball and he will show you his former self, but thats it.
Wow amazing how people turn on the player that made our franchise relevant for a few years.

LOb0
If you're a Bulls fan you'd of hoped for something of value. But I guess just getting him off the books is enough.

Knicks gave up practically nothing. So all they can really do is gain from this.

DR_1
I said if I were the Bulls I'd get rid of Rose any means necessary just to be done with it and everybody said "NOBODY is gonna take back the contract."

He's expiring so it's not really a bad contract.

1-800-STFU
06-22-2016, 04:20 PM
i mean looking at his stats he only shot 2.3 three's per game last year compared to 5.3 the year before... so the numbers certainly dont agree that he just chucks 3's.

seems he actually cut back dramatically.

Replace bad 3's with bad long 2's then, his TS% decreased from 2014 to 2015.

AI
06-22-2016, 04:20 PM
People will jump to say this is the worst trade ever because it's the Knicks and Derrick Rose but we basically traded for a $21m expiring got out of a crappy contract for a one dimensional center.

We actually shed $ in this deal, but it's w/e.

ewing
06-22-2016, 04:22 PM
Just cause I don't mention the Knicks (because there wasn't really much to talk about), doesn't mean I'm not supporting them.

i'm just busting your balls. you are more then welcome on the Knicks bandwagon :)

LOb0
06-22-2016, 04:24 PM
Anyone who thinks this was a "Bad trade" for the Knicks doesn't know basketball. They gave up nothing and its just a 1 year rental of Rose, if he turns out to be good it was a great trade, if he's terrible who cares? He's gone next year. Knicks make so much money this doesn't effect them in the least.

Stunner
06-22-2016, 04:25 PM
Butler leaves if Rose doesn't so.. no brainer. You won't find one Bulls fan complaining.

Stfu how is Jimmy leaving if rose was leaving after his contact this upcoming season ? You aren't making any sense

ewing
06-22-2016, 04:26 PM
I'm a Bulls fan. Just don't understand why they'd want Rose. If someone told me the Bulls got a bag of old used basketballs I'd have been happy! :laugh:

no problem. i like your username. reminds me the of the band the Mister T experience and that reminds me of clubber lang, it just that my knicks have made so many horrible trades that this one couldn't nearly have the same impact. remember when the picks we sent you for the right to pay Eddie 50 million over 5 year became LMA and Noah?

BKLYNpigeon
06-22-2016, 04:27 PM
Makes sense for the Bulls. They Need Lopez.

Jokim and Pau are not resigning.

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 04:27 PM
Stfu how is Jimmy leaving if rose was leaving after his contact this upcoming season ? You aren't making any sense

Damn, someone is upset Rose left :D

Forever35
06-22-2016, 04:28 PM
Good for Lopez... Get him out of NY... He'll do a good job for Chicago... Plus I don't think NY needs to 7ft Lopez's... :D

FraziersKnicks
06-22-2016, 04:30 PM

Would you rather pay $42m for 3 years for a league average center, or $21m for 1 year for a slightly below league average point guard?

In no way was this a terrible trade for the Knicks. It isn't great but worst case scenario we save $21m. That's not bad.

Tony_Starks
06-22-2016, 04:31 PM
He's expiring so it's not really a bad contract.

Not bad at all especially with the cap going up, that's why I felt they could deal him.
I just wanted the Bulls to get him outta there to clean the slate for them and him.

Tony_Starks
06-22-2016, 04:32 PM
I actually think it would be good for both parties. If I'm the Bulls I just want Rose gone, whatever scraps I get back is fine. To have him on the roster one more season of teasing you with good play here and there, only to go down for stretches and ultimately screw up any chemistry, is just another wasted season.

Be done with it now, turn the team over to Jimmy.

For the Knicks you get a automatic upgrade and the hopes that a change of scenery does him good. At least it puts some buzz back in the building. If he gets back to some semblance of himself he takes the pressure off Melo.

And there we have it ladies and gentlemen!

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-22-2016, 04:32 PM
If the Knicks stand pat and just let Rose expire to be able to sign a big free agent next year then I like this trade. But if they go and blow 20 million or more on Howard or any of these other centers then this move makes no sense. A team of Howard, Porzingis, Melo, and Rose is not going to win you anything and just keep you good enough to not get a good pick. This is exactly what New York wanted to avoid all these years right? A big-name team with no substance.

shep33
06-22-2016, 04:34 PM
Chicago wins this easily

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-22-2016, 04:34 PM
Would you rather pay $42m for 3 years for a league average center, or $21m for 1 year for a slightly below league average point guard?

In no way was this a terrible trade for the Knicks. It isn't great but worst case scenario we save $21m. That's not bad.

It depends with what you guys do with that savings though. I am already hearing Knick fan say "we can get dwight". That would be so gross.

AI
06-22-2016, 04:36 PM
Knicks
Derrick Rose $21,323,250
Justin Holiday $1,015,700

Total: $22,338,950

Bulls
Jose Calderon $7,708,427
Robin Lopez $13,500,000
Jerian Grant $1,643,040

Total: $22,851,467

For everybody saying that NY is stupid for using their cap space on Rose, the Knicks actually shed salary.

DboneG
06-22-2016, 04:37 PM
Anyone who thinks this was a "Bad trade" for the Knicks doesn't know basketball. They gave up nothing and its just a 1 year rental of Rose, if he turns out to be good it was a great trade, if he's terrible who cares? He's gone next year. Knicks make so much money this doesn't effect them in the least.

Exactly. These guys that post here don't know basketball.

LOb0
06-22-2016, 04:37 PM
All the Knicks need now is LeBron and they're set.

northsider
06-22-2016, 04:39 PM
The saddest ending for a Bull I can remember TBH.

Crackadalic
06-22-2016, 04:40 PM
If the Knicks stand pat and just let Rose expire to be able to sign a big free agent next year then I like this trade. But if they go and blow 20 million or more on Howard or any of these other centers then this move makes no sense. A team of Howard, Porzingis, Melo, and Rose is not going to win you anything and just keep you good enough to not get a good pick. This is exactly what New York wanted to avoid all these years right? A big-name team with no substance.

Even if we sign Dwight we still have max money to throw out that could start for 30+ for some vet pg

I still don't like this move by the way because we gave up a prospect and a decent center so hopefully bulls fans can convince me otherwise I'm with flashbolt on the deal smh

elledaddy
06-22-2016, 04:40 PM
How could you not love this trade for NY? Provide we don't give Rose a contract now, we prolly could get Noah /Gasol or Howard on a 1 yr deal and still keep flexibility. Hell get Noah and Batum or Noah,Bezmore,Bayless,Dudley and Prince

DboneG
06-22-2016, 04:43 PM
Rose is in a contract year..he's working out as we post. He will be ready to prove everybody wrong.

Knicks make the playoffs!

I WAS ONE OF THE FEW POSTERS THAT SAID THE CAVS WERE GOING TO WIN IT ALL.

When I first started posting I said that the Cavs were going all the way.. A little birdie told me.

Rivera
06-22-2016, 04:44 PM
His fall rose has fallen. Imagine after his MVP year someone said in a few years he would be traded for robin Lopez and Jose Calderon

NYKnickFanatic
06-22-2016, 04:47 PM
Chicago wins this easily

How so?

$KnicksAndKobe$
06-22-2016, 04:48 PM
I like Rolo, but this was a very good trade because of our cap flexibility. We also get rid of Calderon who is a burden in terms of a contract. Rose is also an expiring.

We win. A lot. Good job Phil. He kept Melo happy with this trade as well.

northsider
06-22-2016, 04:48 PM
Rose is in a contract year..he's working out as we post. He will be ready to prove everybody wrong.

Knicks make the playoffs!

I WAS ONE OF THE FEW POSTERS THAT SAID THE CAVS WERE GOING TO WIN IT ALL.

When I first started posting I said that the Cavs were going all the way.. A little birdie told me.

Said every Bulls fan for the last 6 years.....

pacofunk64
06-22-2016, 04:49 PM
Honestly it's not a bad trade for either team. Injuries have ruined Rose but he would be better if he could ****ing shoot the ball. He should be out there taking 1000 or more jump shots a day. Hoiberg needs shooters to run his offense and lets face it Rose had his moment in Chicago and now it's time to move on.

DboneG
06-22-2016, 04:50 PM
Joakim Noah could be coming over...he's from NY. Joakim and Rose are buddies. They became close friends. we'll see.
The Garden will be rocking this year!

There's a quite a few teams trying to get Joakim Noah. We'll see...

rocket
06-22-2016, 04:50 PM
I mean I understand if they actually got good talent back but wow they really didn't

FlashBolt
06-22-2016, 04:54 PM
Joakim Noah could be coming over...he's from NY. Joakim and Rose are buddies. They became close friends. we'll see.
The Garden will be rocking this year!

There's a quite a few teams trying to get Joakim Noah. We'll see...

He'll just be a veteran locker room presence type of guy. Hard to imagine him ever being the same Noah.

Pfeifer
06-22-2016, 04:58 PM
This was a solid trade for both sides. Almost a shuffling of the chairs if you will. Only reason its trending us because of the name Rose. Funny how he wasnt even the best PG in the deal.

D-Leethal
This is a power move for Phil to make a FA splash this year and next. Opens up so many FA options - we can chase bigs, wings, forwards and have max room for the star studded PG class next year if Rose flops.

Chronz
i mean i understand if they actually got good talent back but wow they really didn't

for realz

DboneG
06-22-2016, 04:59 PM
Phil Jackson finally made a good move.

You have to understand...guys play this game for the money. D. Rose is in a contract year. Don't count this guy out.

D. Rose is from the Mecca of Basketball...Chicago.

D-Leethal
06-22-2016, 05:00 PM
It depends with what you guys do with that savings though. I am already hearing Knick fan say "we can get dwight". That would be so gross.

It is completely contingent on what we are able to do via FA in these next 2 years. That determines if the trade is a winner.

DboneG
06-22-2016, 05:06 PM
He'll just be a veteran locker room presence type of guy. Hard to imagine him ever being the same Noah.

Noah is a motor. He's that defense teams need. Toughness, tenacity, hustle..teams need. Noah will be ready to play some good basketball for somebody. And he's a great guy.

DaBear
06-22-2016, 05:08 PM
Noah is a motor. He's that defense teams need. Toughness, tenacity, hustle..teams need. Noah will be ready to play some good basketball for somebody. And he's a great guy.

Noah is done. I respect the hell out of him for giving it all he had (unlike Rose), but he's always battling some sort of injury to make any impact.

shep33
06-22-2016, 05:11 PM
How so?

People are saying this helps the knicks tremendously in cap flexibility... but the Knicks lose assets. So basically that argument is moot to me. Plus isn't Calderon coming off the books anyways next summer?

i just thought the knicks lost assets... Lopez is a 28 year old center who was arguably the knicks overall best player last year. Then they lose Jerian Grant, who in April put up 15 ppg at an efficient clip. Dude is a rookie, and one of the only other assets the Knicks have.

My point is, Rose wasn't much different than Calderon when you look at it. Rose was 44th among point guards in PER and was terrible in other advanced stats.

Realistically, the Knicks may have gotten worse with this trade. Not only that, they lost vital assets. Cap room argument is moot. The cap is gonna sky rocket next year again, and the Knicks have a ton to spend.

I'm upset at this cause I want the Knicks to be good.

Gibby23
06-22-2016, 05:12 PM
I don't get it for the bulls. Why didn't the let Rose expire and create more cap space, instead they will have over $15 million on the books for the 2017-2018 season.

knickfan371
06-22-2016, 05:13 PM
Chicago didn't win this everyone is talking about Derrick rose and not looking at the fact Justin holiday is a throw in . The Knicks won easily if it doesn't work .21 million more comes off the books next year with a huge class of pg,

greg_ory_2005
06-22-2016, 05:14 PM
Knicks gave up basically nothing. Lopez is average and can easily be replaced by a FA. NY wins by a lot, it all depends how they fill out the rest of the team

DaBear
06-22-2016, 05:15 PM
People are saying this helps the knicks tremendously in cap flexibility... but the Knicks lose assets. So basically that argument is moot to me. Plus isn't Calderon coming off the books anyways next summer?

i just thought the knicks lost assets... Lopez is a 28 year old center who was arguably the knicks overall best player last year. Then they lose Jerian Grant, who in April put up 15 ppg at an efficient clip. Dude is a rookie, and one of the only other assets the Knicks have.

My point is, Rose wasn't much different than Calderon when you look at it. Rose was 44th among point guards in PER and was terrible in other advanced stats.

Realistically, the Knicks may have gotten worse with this trade. Not only that, they lost vital assets. Cap room argument is moot. The cap is gonna sky rocket next year again, and the Knicks have a ton to spend.

I'm upset at this cause I want the Knicks to be good.

The Knicks are banking on Rose to return to MVP form, something that will never happen.

Even if he does, where does that place them against the Cavs?

Gibby23
06-22-2016, 05:16 PM
The Knicks better get another 3 point shooter in that lineup or they will all be shooting 2's except for Porzingis. They have a bumch or below 35% and worse 3 point shooters right now, but Porzingis should improve.

Gibby23
06-22-2016, 05:17 PM
The Knicks are banking on Rose to return to MVP form, something that will never happen.

Knicks are banking on a rebound from Rose or the cap space he gives them in a year.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2016, 05:17 PM
If you're a Bulls fan you'd of hoped for something of value. But I guess just getting him off the books is enough.

Knicks gave up practically nothing. So all they can really do is gain from this.

What are you talking about? You basically got a better center in Lopez and Grant who has potiental.

nycericanguy
06-22-2016, 05:20 PM

lol i'm pretty sure there's not a single knick fan or person in their FO that is banking on Rose returning to MVP form...

shep33
06-22-2016, 05:20 PM
People also need to realize the inflation of the cap... Lopez at 14 mill is like signing him for 9-10 mill with the cap going up to 94 mill, then it becomes an even better bargain the year after when the cap jumps to 108 mill