PDA

View Full Version : Who gets MVP if the Cavs lose game 7?

JasonJohnHorn
06-16-2016, 11:59 PM
Last year I was one of those who firmly believed that despite losing, LBJ deserved the Finals MVP.

I accepted arguments from those who suggested Iggy was deserving, because frankly, defence is grossly underrated, and he put out a huge defensive effort that was key to the Warriors winning.

This year, though, I don't see any one player on the Warriors being deserving of the award, even if they win. Curry played like trash the first half of the series. Geen got himself suspended and has had two sub-par games. Klay, like Curry, was slow to catch in this series. Iggy isn't doing what he did last year. Barnes is playing poorly.

I just don't see anybody else being worthy of the award unless Curry decides to drop 50 points in game 7.

Thoughts on this?

koreancabbage
06-17-2016, 12:01 AM
if GS wins, it will be Klay

if Cleveland wins, Lebron.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-17-2016, 12:04 AM
If LeBron gets 40 again though, it'd be hard to not give it to him no matter what.

Dade County
06-17-2016, 12:04 AM
Lbj either way.... Unless Curry scores 82pts in game 7 lol

Raps08-09 Champ
06-17-2016, 12:07 AM
Unless Klay goes off, Curry probably gets it if he drops like 25 points.

Vinny642
06-17-2016, 12:13 AM
If Cavs win, Bron

If Warriors win, whoever played the best in Game 7

FlashBolt
06-17-2016, 12:20 AM
Let's put it this way: If you get the Finals MVP and you're not named LeBron James, then he was robbed. It's as simple as that.

numba1CHANGsta
06-17-2016, 12:27 AM
No player should ever deserve the Finals MVP on a losing team, if that individual was the MVP then their team should have won it all, end of story.

ManRam
06-17-2016, 12:29 AM
the most valuable player in the finals has been lebron james and that isn't changing unless he goes 0-30 on sunday. now, will he win the award? who knows. but he probably should. he's been on a level that no one on the warriors has remotely been even remotely close to being remotely close to.

Vinny642
06-17-2016, 12:31 AM
the most valuable player in the finals has been lebron james and that isn't changing unless he goes 0-30 on sunday. now, will he win the award? who knows. but he probably should. he's been on a level that no one on the warriors has remotely been even remotely close to being remotely close to.

That'd be the dumbest thing ever... like congrats for losing the finals, here you go

FlashBolt
06-17-2016, 12:33 AM
That'd be the dumbest thing ever... like congrats for losing the finals, here you go

It's not the dumbest thing ever. It's unorthodox because the best player is usually on the winning team but this is like last year in which there is zero question who is the Finals MVP.. Who has come close? NO ONE.

ManRam
06-17-2016, 12:36 AM

it's an individual award, bud. the best player isn't always on the best team, bud.

Vinny642
06-17-2016, 12:42 AM
It's not the dumbest thing ever. It's unorthodox because the best player is usually on the winning team but this is like last year in which there is zero question who is the Finals MVP.. Who has come close? NO ONE.

No, it actually would be the dumbest thing ever...

JordansBulls
06-17-2016, 12:44 AM
If the game is close I can see him winning it, but if it is a blowout which every game has been than no way, simple as that.

Nikeman
06-17-2016, 12:47 AM
Simply put, if LeBron didn't win it last year, he's not winning this year if Cleveland loses.

FlashBolt
06-17-2016, 12:47 AM

It's dumb because you don't like LeBron. Okay.

Vinny642
06-17-2016, 12:52 AM
It's dumb because you don't like LeBron. Okay.

No its dumb because it would make no sense....

jerellh528
06-17-2016, 12:57 AM
Lebron's had 1 fantastic game, and 1 game with 3 fantastic quarters. Other than that, he's been whatever...If golden state wins, curry will win the MVP, I guarantee it. He's had like 3 straight games of over 30 points so his counting stats will look good. A lot will hinge on game 7, but I don't see curry not performing well there. If draymond or Klay go berserk while curry no shows, then they'd get MVP. But I'm fairly certain a good game from curry in a victory will be enough. If Cleveland wins it'll be Lebron, Kyrie had him beat up until tonight, tonight Lebron took the clear lead ahead of Kyrie, unless Kyrie goes berserk and Lebron no shows in game 7

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-17-2016, 01:03 AM
Lebron's had 1 fantastic game, and 1 game with 3 fantastic quarters. Other than that, he's been whatever...If golden state wins, curry will win the MVP, I guarantee it. He's had like 3 straight games of over 30 points so his counting stats will look good. A lot will hinge on game 7, but I don't see curry not performing well there. If draymond or Klay go berserk while curry no shows, then they'd get MVP. But I'm fairly certain a good game from curry in a victory will be enough. If Cleveland wins it'll be Lebron, Kyrie had him beat up until tonight, tonight Lebron took the clear lead ahead of Kyrie, unless Kyrie goes berserk and Lebron no shows in game 7

I can taste the saltiness that you're upset LeBron is having the best Finals performance out of any player this century.

Mell413
06-17-2016, 01:08 AM
It wouldn't be dumb to give it to a player on a losing team under these conditions. It would be awkward though.

FlashBolt
06-17-2016, 01:08 AM
I can taste the saltiness that you're upset LeBron is having the best Finals performance out of any player this century.

He's reverting back to his Kobephilia roots.. He tried to make himself sound like a non-biased poster and it worked for awhile but now it's coming out like Voldemort.

FlashBolt
06-17-2016, 01:11 AM

Your answer has zero substance. None whatsoever. It just screams, "LeBron doesn't deserve it because he doesn't deserve it." Why doesn't it make sense? Under the current system, it makes absolutely perfect sense. There is no clear Finals MVP winner if the GSW win.. You can give it to Draymond, Klay, or Curry. Klay outplayed Curry once again in this series. So who do they give it to? The guy who is clearly the best and most valuable player or some guy who's team just won despite his shoddy performance?

jerellh528
06-17-2016, 01:25 AM

What're you talking about? I'm watching the games, not the box scores. I have zero reason to be salty about Lebron or his performances

jerellh528
06-17-2016, 01:26 AM
He's reverting back to his Kobephilia roots.. He tried to make himself sound like a non-biased poster and it worked for awhile but now it's coming out like Voldemort.

Kobephilia? Dude just shut up, I can't take anything you say about Lebron seriously. Tonight you said you wanted to suck his **** and then leave him a tip. It doesn't get any more Philia than that.

Redrum187
06-17-2016, 01:27 AM
I really have a hard time imagining anyone being more deserving than LeBron James winning the FMVP, win or lose. Having said that, I doubt the NBA will give LeBron the FMVP if the Cavs lose. LeBron should have won it last year, and he should win it this year.

This is coming from someone who isn't a Cavs or LeBron homer.

More-Than-Most
06-17-2016, 01:29 AM
What're you talking about? I'm watching the games, not the box scores.

you are 100 percent allowing your hate to show even during the game tonight when you said kyrie was the best player.... if you are watching the games the notion that lebron had 1 great game and 3 great quarters is silly... i like you and i know i suck lebron off but its not even close.... curry might be the 6 or 7th best player in this series while lebron win or lose has been by far the best and deserves the mvp...

the other poster saying its stupid for someone to win it in a loss is just not smart... its called the mvp not the mvp on the winning team.... you can be the mvp on a losing team... they are playing what was said to be the best team ever arguably and forced them to a game 7 without love at all.... lebron just scored like 20 straight points in the 3rd and 4th quarters and is playing better defense than anyone in the series... he is by far the most valuable... without any one of curry/green/klay in this series they still win this series... without james the cavs dont win 1 single game. Its over so just stop.... we are watching a top 3 player ever win or lose.... the dude is yet again having one of the best finals ever against one of the best teams ever

Redrum187
06-17-2016, 01:32 AM
Do they only give out regular season MVP awards to the best player on the best team? Clearly not in the historical sense...

Why is it so taboo for the NBA to give the FMVP to the Final's most valuable player which is clearly LeBron James?

FlashBolt
06-17-2016, 01:33 AM
Kobephilia? Dude just shut up, I can't take anything you say about Lebron seriously. Tonight you said you wanted to suck his **** and then leave him a tip. It doesn't get any more Philia than that.

That one was a clear joke... It was used to represent how great LeBron really was tonight. You on the other hand just discredit everything. Even if LeBron didn't play well for whatever else you said, he was by far the best player in this series. He leads the entire series in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks on either teams... you couldn't even do that if you were playing in the park. He's doing it against a historic team. So go ahead, keep trying to discredit him.

FlashBolt
06-17-2016, 01:35 AM
Do they only give out regular season MVP awards to the best player on the best team? Clearly not in the historical sense...

Why is it so taboo for the NBA to give the FMVP to the Final's most valuable player which is clearly LeBron James?

The Finals MVP is voted by nine analysts. It depends on what they value: The best player on the winning team of game 7 or the best player of the series by a long mile. I don't expect LeBron to get it despite him playing much better than last year's NBA finals. Not to mention it's hard to imagine giving it to any Warriors players regardless of the outcome since they have all been terrible. Curry had 30 points but Klay was the one who put that team on the back down 18 and then to 9 while Curry was on the bench.

jerellh528
06-17-2016, 01:37 AM
you are 100 percent allowing your hate to show even during the game tonight when you said kyrie was the best player.... if you are watching the games the notion that lebron had 1 great game and 3 great quarters is silly... i like you and i know i suck lebron off but its not even close.... curry might be the 6 or 7th best player in this series while lebron win or lose has been by far the best and deserves the mvp...

the other poster saying its stupid for someone to win it in a loss is just not smart... its called the mvp not the mvp on the winning team.... you can be the mvp on a losing team... they are playing what was said to be the best team ever arguably and forced them to a game 7 without love at all.... lebron just scored like 20 straight points in the 3rd and 4th quarters and is playing better defense than anyone in the series... he is by far the most valuable... without any one of curry/green/klay in this series they still win this series... without james the cavs dont win 1 single game. Its over so just stop.... we are watching a top 3 player ever win or lose.... the dude is yet again having one of the best finals ever against one of the best teams ever

I think you're being a bit overly dramatic here after Lebron's great game tonight, or short memory? I've watched every single minute of these finals. Lebron was great tonight, and great the first 3 quarters of the last game, also almost choked it away in the 4th with all his bricks taking the hot Kyrie out of rythem to take some glory for himself, but a fantastic first 3 quarters none the less. Before that he went absolutely passive ghost in one game, and before that he was nothing special of note. Not nearly good enough to win finals MVP in a loss. He had a much better case last year than this year...Prior to tonight, Kyrie absolutely had an argument for best player this series, Lebron pretty much closed the door with his performance tonight though. But it was closer than you'd like to admit. Curry as 6th or 7th best player in this series is just crazy, I've seen you try to **** on curry all night while trying to prop Lebron up. If golden state wins on Sunday, believe that curry will be the fmvp.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-17-2016, 01:40 AM
What're you talking about? I'm watching the games, not the box scores. I have zero reason to be salty about Lebron or his performances

Then if it isn't hate it's pure blindness

FlashBolt
06-17-2016, 01:40 AM
I think you're being a bit overly dramatic here after Lebron's great game tonight, or short memory? I've watched every single minute of these finals. Lebron was great tonight, and great the first 3 quarters of the last game, also choked it away in the 4th with all his bricks taking the hot Kyrie out of rythem, but a fantastic first 3 quarters no the less. Before that he went absolutely passive ghost in one game, and before that he was nothing special of note. Not nearly good enough to win finals MVP in a loss. He had a much better case last year than this year...Prior to tonight, Kyrie absolutely had an argument for best player this series, Lebron pretty much closed the door with his performance tonight though. But it was closer than you'd like to admit. Curry as 6th or 7th best player in this series is just crazy, I've seen you try to **** on curry all night while trying to prop Lebron up. If golden state wins on Sunday, believe hag curry will be the fmvp.

You're criticizing LeBron but you don't criticize Curry at all and say he will win it if GS wins despite the fact he's realistically had only 1/6 good games and the FMVP doesn't have to be given to the winning player. So once again, you probably have Skip Bayless on your podcast or something. You complain about Bron but not about another player... No one has even come close to playing better than LeBron. Kyrie has been a better scorer but he doesn't defend, rebound, pass, or create plays for his team like LeBron does. All you care about is scoring, scoring, scoring. You must love Gilbert Arenas, Kobe, etc., huh?

Jeffy25
06-17-2016, 01:41 AM
No player should ever deserve the Finals MVP on a losing team, if that individual was the MVP then their team should have won it all, end of story.

Bobby Richardson

More-Than-Most
06-17-2016, 01:44 AM
I think you're being a bit overly dramatic here after Lebron's great game tonight, or short memory? I've watched every single minute of these finals. Lebron was great tonight, and great the first 3 quarters of the last game, also almost choked it away in the 4th with all his bricks taking the hot Kyrie out of rythem to take some glory for himself, but a fantastic first 3 quarters no the less. Before that he went absolutely passive ghost in one game, and before that he was nothing special of note. Not nearly good enough to win finals MVP in a loss. He had a much better case last year than this year...Prior to tonight, Kyrie absolutely had an argument for best player this series, Lebron pretty much closed the door with his performance tonight though. But it was closer than you'd like to admit. Curry as 6th or 7th best player in this series is just crazy, I've seen you try to **** on curry all night while trying to prop Lebron up. If golden state wins on Sunday, believe hag curry will be the fmvp.

lol you guys are so hilarious anymore... I dont need to prop lebron up 95 percent of basketball fans besides the haters have him as the mvp nomatter what... he wont win it because of the stupid notion that a player cant win it on a losing team... but he has been insane in 3 games and really good in another after having a bad first game... you say you dont look at the box score but you dont factor in defense/passing/rebounding whatsoever... you look at points and that he passes to much... yes he can be passive but outside of 1 game he has been a god defensively and amazing 4 of the 6 games. You need to figure out defense bro honestly... he has been guarding every position and you say he choked in the 4th last game because he didnt score and that makes my point for me.... they held the warriors to 1 point in the final 6 minutes and lebron in the time was put on 3 different people at had 2 blocks and 3 steals..... really think about that and start realizing that this sport has 2 way play.

This logic is just so flawed man... defense/passing/rebounding/block/steals all matter... not just shooting the ball jesus christ.

FlashBolt
06-17-2016, 01:46 AM
lol you guys are so hilarious anymore... I dont need to prop lebron up 95 percent of basketball fans besides the haters have him as the mvp nomatter what... he wont win it because of the stupid notion that a player cant win it on a losing team... but he has been insane in 3 games and really good in another after having a bad first game... you say you dont look at the box score but you dont factor in defense/passing/rebounding whatsoever... you look at points and that he passes to much... yes he can be passive but outside of 1 game he has been a god defensively and amazing 4 of the 6 games. You need to figure out defense bro honestly... he has been guarding every position and you say he choked in the 4th last game because he didnt score and that makes my point for me.... they held the warriors to 1 point in the final 6 minutes and lebron in the time was put on 3 different people at had 2 blocks and 3 steals..... really think about that and start realizing that this sport has 2 way play.

This logic is just so flawed man... defense/passing/rebounding/block/steals all matter... not just shooting the ball jesus christ.

Steals
Assists
Blocks

Leading in one category = good. Leading in two categories = great.
Leading in three categories = Excellent. leading in four categories = Historic.
Leading in five categories = Loses Finals MVP to someone who has 1/6 good games, doesn't defend, doesn't even play PG anymore (he basically just shoots and shoots), and has zero leadership..

More-Than-Most
06-17-2016, 01:46 AM
You're criticizing LeBron but you don't criticize Curry at all and say he will win it if GS wins despite the fact he's realistically had only 1/6 good games and the FMVP doesn't have to be given to the winning player. So once again, you probably have Skip Bayless on your podcast or something. You complain about Bron but not about another player... No one has even come close to playing better than LeBron. Kyrie has been a better scorer but he doesn't defend, rebound, pass, or create plays for his team like LeBron does. All you care about is scoring, scoring, scoring. You must love Gilbert Arenas, Kobe, etc., huh?

he will just say he doesnt go by the box score and then say scoring... defense/passing/rebounding and so on down the list are irrelevent... lebron has been a defensive god with not having the luxury of klay/green/iggy/bogut around him but curry who has been **** every game except 1 including tonight is the mvp even though again they literally attacked him tonight because of his **** defense....

its amazing the lengths they will go with the hate.,

CHANGO
06-17-2016, 01:51 AM
OK let's put some sense here.

If the Cavs win: the MVP should be Lebron.
If the Cavs lose: the MVP should be Lebron.

He have been hands down the best player in this Finals. B2B 40 point games with great D and he have been consistent.

Curry have been a liability on defense, the reason why the Cavs won 3 games is because they are going at Curry and Curry is either fouling (product of bad defense or stupid decisions), or giving them easy points. He also have been inconsistent offensively and turnover prone.

Klay have been way inconsistent, Kyrie is owning him right now.

Green is the most consistent W's player on defense, but even tonight he was a no-show and was horrible offensively.

Iggy haven't had the same impact offensively and defensively as last years. But he have been more consistent defensively than Klay and Curry.

RIGHT NOW. It should be Lebron's MVP. He leads both teams in every category and is playing the best defense on his team.

jerellh528
06-17-2016, 01:53 AM

Well I admit I put more emphasis on scoring than any other facet. I think players who play certain positions that don't require excessive rebounds or assists can be almost doing it at a fault to their teammates. I'm not super impressed with Westbrook's triple doubles because it means you're kind of keeping teams mates from doing their jobs.. I know this sounds counter intuitive, and I'm sucking at explaining it, but I like players who are at a peak doing their job/role. Durant scorer, cp3 playmaker, kawhi defender etc. Guys like Westbrook, Lebron fill up stat sheets, but I think a team runs best when rebounders are rebounding, assisters are assisting and scorers are scoring.

Also I've admitted that Lebron will win fmvp despite playing okay to bad for the first few game IF they win the series. So since I think golden state will win the series l, I expect curry will win the fmvp despite a terrible game 1 and an overall sub peak curry performance the rest of the way, but it'll still be good enough to win because he's still been their most consistent scorer and nnobody on golden state has outperformed him overall.

FlashBolt
06-17-2016, 01:55 AM
OK let's put some sense here.

If the Cavs win: the MVP should be Lebron.
If the Cavs lose: the MVP should be Lebron.

He have been hands down the best player in this Finals. B2B 40 point games with great D and he have been consistent.

Curry have been a liability on defense, the reason why the Cavs won 3 games is because they are going at Curry and Curry is either fouling (product of bad defense or stupid decisions), or giving them easy points. He also have been inconsistent offensively and turnover prone.

Klay have been way inconsistent, Kyrie is owning him right now.

Green is the most consistent W's player on defense, but even tonight he was a no-show and was horrible offensively.

Iggy haven't had the same impact offensively and defensively as last years. But he have been more consistent defensively than Klay and Curry.

RIGHT NOW. It should be Lebron's MVP. He leads both teams in every category and is playing the best defense on his team.

Dude, I'm really not trying to sound like a LeBron-nuthugger. I criticized him heavily after game 4 stating that he choked and that he deserved to lose this Finals. But I'm thinking to myself, how the hell does one have the most points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks in any game? In the park, it's tough. In an NBA game with legitimate positions? Where players have one role (to rebound or to assist or to defend or to score)? He's leading them at everything... He's doing everything.. There's no ifs and buts about it. Go out to the park and play a pickup game. Then count your numbers and see if you can lead all those categories. Then imagine trying to do that in an NBA game. Yeah, he's not the Finals MVP. The guy who has more turnovers than assists is the Finals MVP. The guy who has to be hidden in defense and who isn't even the best PG is the Finals MVP. Whatever you say, haters.

FlashBolt
06-17-2016, 01:56 AM
Well I admit I put more emphasis on scoring than any other facet. I think players who play certain positions that don't require excessive rebounds or assists can be almost doing it at a fault to their teammates. I'm not super impressed with Westbrook's triple doubles because it means you're kind of keeping teams mates from doing their jobs.. I know this sounds counter intuitive, and I'm sucking at explaining it, but I like players who are at a peak doing their job/role. Durant scorer, cp3 playmaker, kawhi defender etc. Guys like Westbrook, Lebron fill up stat sheets, but I think a team runs best when rebounders are rebounding, assisters are assisting and scorers are scoring.

Also I've admitted that Lebron will win fmvp despite playing okay to bad for the first few game IF they win the series. So since I think golden state will win the series l, I expect curry will win the fmvp despite a terrible game 1 and an overall sub peak curry performance the rest of the way, but it'll still be good enough to win because he's still been their most consistent scorer and nnobody on golden state has outperformed him overall.

Klay Thompson has outplayed him.. You're in denial if you think otherwise. Sorry, you have no argument.

jerellh528
06-17-2016, 01:59 AM

Gud 1

jerellh528
06-17-2016, 02:08 AM
Klay Thompson has outplayed him.. You're in denial if you think otherwise. Sorry, you have no argument.

But but curry is leading klay in pts, rbs, assts, blocks, and steals

naps
06-17-2016, 02:12 AM

Agreed. It's pathetic that every time it's the same damn people that are after LeBron. I mean the horse is dead and you are established with your clan, so stop beating it. LeBron James is the best player on the planet, comfotably. And he is clearly playing like one, head and shoulders above the rest of his competiton. He should be the MVP.

goingfor28
06-17-2016, 02:20 AM
Win or lose LeBron deserves it. End of discussion

SoxPatsCeltsBs
06-17-2016, 02:21 AM

Games 1-2 LeBron wasn't at his finest by any means. Game 2 in all honesty I thought he was terrible. Game 5 the best player was Kyrie. Last night was all James. If Cavs win I'm all for LeBron getting it but if they don't I can't imagine he'd win. If he didn't play so poorly in the first two games I'd think he'd have a shot.

goingfor28
06-17-2016, 02:25 AM
:burn:

naps
06-17-2016, 02:31 AM
LeBron has been the leader in all major statistical catagories out of 30 players two years in a row in the grandest stage of the game. Doing it in just another playoff series is crazy, doing it in the finals is crazier, and doing in the finals 2 years in a row is just insane. Through 12 games in these two finals he is doing something like 33/9/13. This is too good to be true but it is. Oh and he plays stellar defense too. Most well rounded basketball player of all time will be robbed if he doesnt get this FMVP. He was already robbed last year.

jerellh528
06-17-2016, 02:32 AM
Games 1-2 LeBron wasn't at his finest by any means. Game 2 in all honesty I thought he was terrible. Game 5 the best player was Kyrie. Last night was all James. If Cavs win I'm all for LeBron getting it but if they don't I can't imagine he'd win. If he didn't play so poorly in the first two games I'd think he'd have a shot.

Not to mention how bad he was in game 4. But that's what I'm saying, I'd have zero qualms with him winning fmvp if the cavs won, but he's not playing nearly good enough to win it if they lose. Hell, he had a better case last year. But it seems like the LeBoners aren't actually paying attention to what's going on in the actual games, just looking at the box scores. But that's typical of Lebron homers. I try hard to be even keel, but these Lebron fans are insufferable. Like seriously like they've never watched basketball before. I probably wouldn't even care to dispute how Lebron is playing if it wasn't for peeps claiming he should win fmvp win or lose or calling this the best finals performance of the century lmao.

More-Than-Most
06-17-2016, 02:35 AM
http://thebiglead.com/2016/06/17/even-if-cavs-lose-game-7-lebron-should-be-finals-mvp/

europagnpilgrim
06-17-2016, 02:36 AM
Its Lebron's to lose, he has been the best player and most valuable in the series, also during the regular season he was 1a based on pure impact, pre Cavs just look at that squad without him, I know Curry is banged up and it will be reported right after finals is over that's why I got Lebron 1a but over the years its hands down Lebron

post Heat just look at what they did

6 straight finals proves his value for regular and finals mvp award

its his to lose which he could do but I doubt it

FlashBolt
06-17-2016, 02:39 AM
But but curry is leading klay in pts, rbs, assts, blocks, and steals

But Klay actually plays defense and you're comparing Curry who gets the ball more often to what I was saying with LeBron. Both LeBron and Kyrie share the ball with the same amount of USG%. Curry and Klay don't share the ball equally. Curry does not lead his team in anything other than points. My argument with Kyrie and LeBron is that yes, Kyrie has been the better scorer because by default, he is the better scorer. But he doesn't impact the game the way LeBron has. Curry has not impacted the game the way LeBron has to deserve any recognition whatsoever. Once again, you're just showing how empty your argument is. Even Warriors fans are saying LeBron deserves the Finals MVP regardless. But here you are, ranting about all LeBron's mishaps while ignoring Curry's mishaps (which is 10x worse). Go you!

zn23
06-17-2016, 02:47 AM
LeBron should definitely get the MVP. But I guess it might come down to how he plays in game 7.

PhillyFaninLA
06-17-2016, 06:12 AM
Lebron has been without question, the best player in the finals.

I can only think of 1 player on a losing team winning finals MVP (Hextall for the Flyers against the Oilers in 87, when he almost did enough against one of the best offensive teams in NHL history), but Lebron has been that good in the finals to merit it.

But like someone else said, it might be Klay or Lebron depending on wins.

KnicksorBust
06-17-2016, 06:57 AM
If Cavs win, Bron

If Warriors win, whoever played the best in Game 7

Bingo. If Curry or Klay hits 10 threes tonight and they blow them out then they would take the award from Bron. If Draymond drops a triple double he can win it. Each of them has good games in wins built in to their resume... sunday will clinch it.

JasonJohnHorn
06-17-2016, 07:05 AM

So if everybody on the winning team averages 15 - 4 - 4, and the series goes to 7 games, and one guy on the losing team averages 35 - 10 - 8, then one of those 15-4-4 guys should win?

I'm going to have to ask for your definition of 'valuable'. Because if you look it up, it means most import or essential.

Even if you lose, you might have a guy on your team who both played better and was more valuable to your team. And frankly, more valuable to the series.

I understand your position, but there is simply no definition that supports it.

JasonJohnHorn
06-17-2016, 07:08 AM

Saying something is dumb doesn't make it so. I think you need an argument, not just insults.

And repeating it without any addition argument isn't an argument at all. It's just an insult.

Is this Donald Trump posing as a basketball fan? That's like a grade-5 level reply. The more often you just call something dumb, the dumber you sound.

JasonJohnHorn
06-17-2016, 07:13 AM

If you say back-to-back 40+ points games in the finals is equal to 'one fantastic game', then you don't know what basketball is. LBJ hasn't had one fantastic game, he's had a fantastic series.

You might say that he's been 'whatever', but that 'whatever', even before his last two games, had him averaging more points, assists, rebounds and steals than EVERYBODY on the Warriors.

So his 'whatever' is head and shoulders above the 'best' that the Warriors have put together.

jimm120
06-17-2016, 07:23 AM
Simply put, if LeBron didn't win it last year, he's not winning this year if Cleveland loses.

This!

Lebron was even better last year. But Curry averaged like 20ppg and Iggy averaged 14ppg with good defense. They gave it to Iggy.

Again, Lebron was even better last year. Now, this year, curry nor iggy have been as good as last year but you also got Klay playing a bit better than Curry.

End of the day, if a Lebron that was better last year didn't win it, then a Lebron this year that is still playing phenomenal won't get it.

JasonJohnHorn
06-17-2016, 07:23 AM
Not to mention how bad he was in game 4. But that's what I'm saying, I'd have zero qualms with him winning fmvp if the cavs won, but he's not playing nearly good enough to win it if they lose. Hell, he had a better case last year. But it seems like the LeBoners aren't actually paying attention to what's going on in the actual games, just looking at the box scores. But that's typical of Lebron homers. I try hard to be even keel, but these Lebron fans are insufferable. Like seriously like they've never watched basketball before. I probably wouldn't even care to dispute how Lebron is playing if it wasn't for peeps claiming he should win fmvp win or lose or calling this the best finals performance of the century lmao.

You note that LBJ had one 'bad' game in game four.... how many bad games have Curry, Klay and Green had?

This is not only about the the individual did, but what the other contenders have done.

You can go ahead and offer criticisms of what LBJ has done, but any criticism you have of him is five-fold for Curry, Klay, and Green. Klay and Curry didn't even show up in games one and two. Klay played like $#!T last night. Curry played like $#!T (in relative terms) in game five. That three bad games to LBJ's one bad game.

But you say he was 'bad' in game four? What game were you watching? He was OVER .500 from the field, posts 25 points, 13 rebounds 9 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks. Has Curry or Klay had a game as good as LBJ's 'bad' game? The only demerit to that performance was high turnovers, and Curry has committed more this series than LBJ.

You have a serious bias here. You've picked a side and now you are trying to defend it, and there is simply nothing to defend.

Anybody who averaged 25-13-9-3-2 in the regular seasons while shooting over .500 would be a unanimous MVP inmost any seasons. And you say THAT is a 'bad game'?

FraziersKnicks
06-17-2016, 08:21 AM
LeBron is leading the Cavs in the following:

Assists
Steals
Blocks

If LeBron was on the Warriors, he would be leading them in the following:

Assists
Steals
Blocks

He is leading BOTH teams in all 5 major statistical categories (both total and per game). I'm 99% sure that's never been done in any series ever.

He's doing that in the finals against arguably the greatest team ever.

Whilst also shooting 51/40/70.

If the Cavs lose, no player has ever put forward a better argument to still be Finals MVP without winning.

Tony_Starks
06-17-2016, 08:34 AM
Steph Curry?

naps
06-17-2016, 08:37 AM
You note that LBJ had one 'bad' game in game four.... how many bad games have Curry, Klay and Green had?

This is not only about the the individual did, but what the other contenders have done.

You can go ahead and offer criticisms of what LBJ has done, but any criticism you have of him is five-fold for Curry, Klay, and Green. Klay and Curry didn't even show up in games one and two. Klay played like $#!T last night. Curry played like $#!T (in relative terms) in game five. That three bad games to LBJ's one bad game.

But you say he was 'bad' in game four? What game were you watching? He was OVER .500 from the field, posts 25 points, 13 rebounds 9 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks. Has Curry or Klay had a game as good as LBJ's 'bad' game? The only demerit to that performance was high turnovers, and Curry has committed more this series than LBJ.

You have a serious bias here. You've picked a side and now you are trying to defend it, and there is simply nothing to defend.

Anybody who averaged 25-13-9-3-2 in the regular seasons while shooting over .500 would be a unanimous MVP inmost any seasons. And you say THAT is a 'bad game'?

Dude, he is a kobephile. Him along with 3/4 more of his kobe clan have been forever on LeBron. He said Durant should not try to Rebound or assist or anything else even if he has the gifts to do it because he thinks Durant is a scorer and should only focus on scoring. So when a rebound becomes available he should wait and watch for big guys to grab it even though he has better chance of grabbing it. Similarly, CP3 should not try to do anything but assisting, Kawhi shouldnt do anything but defending because he thinks they take their own teammates down when they use their gifts in other areas of the game. Westbrook and LeBron are detrimental to their team because they are tripple double threats. LOL. Kobephiles can go any distance with their desperation when chips are down (chips are down means everytime LeBron rises above the competition).

IndyRealist
06-17-2016, 09:06 AM
No question it should go to Lebron, but it won't.

dAngelo
06-17-2016, 09:07 AM
Dude, he is a kobephile. Him along with 3/4 more of his kobe clan have been forever on LeBron. He said Durant should not try to Rebound or assist or anything else even if he has the gifts to do it because he thinks Durant is a scorer and should only focus on scoring. So when a rebound becomes available he should wait and watch for big guys to grab it even though he has better chance of grabbing it. Similarly, CP3 should not try to do anything but assisting, Kawhi shouldnt do anything but defending because he thinks they take their own teammates down when they use their gifts in other areas of the game. Westbrook and LeBron are detrimental to their team because they are tripple double threats. LOL. Kobephiles can go any distance with their desperation when chips are down (chips are down means everytime LeBron rises above the competition).

I wonder how he felt when Kobe "the great scorer" decided to concentrate on rebounding the ball during game 7 of the 2010 finals?

archdevil84
06-17-2016, 09:09 AM
im just wondering how yall are imagining how lebron is winning fmvp if the warriors win. its like, there is the trophy ceremony and all the warriors are just chilling and celebrating there and then theres lebron like standing next to the floor realy awkward just after losing game 7 and then after adam silver has announced the warriors have won the 2016 NBA championship and the most valueable player from the 2016 NBA finals is: lebron james. its like, how anticlimactic can it get? thats never gonna happen even if he deserves it lol. I dont even think lebron would wanna be there to collect that trophy

IndyRealist
06-17-2016, 09:31 AM
im just wondering how yall are imagining how lebron is winning fmvp if the warriors win. its like, there is the trophy ceremony and all the warriors are just chilling and celebrating there and then theres lebron like standing next to the floor realy awkward just after losing game 7 and then after adam silver has announced the warriors have won the 2016 NBA championship and the most valueable player from the 2016 NBA finals is: lebron james. its like, how anticlimactic can it get? thats never gonna happen even if he deserves it lol. I dont even think lebron would wanna be there to collect that trophy

Jerry West won Finals MVP in 1969 when the Lakers lost to the Celtics. So it can happen.

FlashBolt
06-17-2016, 10:31 AM
It's funny that Jerell says LeBron had a terrible games 1-4 but LeBron still averaged more points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks than anyone else? So I guess if those are terrible games, LeBron must be God.

AllBall
06-17-2016, 11:08 AM
Lebron, win or lose.

vxyh
06-17-2016, 11:53 AM
If LeBron gets 40 again though, it'd be hard to not give it to him no matter what.http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/6.gif
http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/4.gif http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/20.gif

mngopher35
06-17-2016, 02:09 PM
Probably whichever Warrior goes off game 7? I dunno.

Lebron has once again been the best player in the finals I just don't think they give it to someone on the losing team.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-17-2016, 02:11 PM

Lebron has once again been the best player in the finals I just don't think they give it to someone on the losing team.
This.

As someone else said the whole presentation of the thing would just look silly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
06-17-2016, 02:32 PM
LeBron is leading the Cavs in the following:

Assists
Steals
Blocks

If LeBron was on the Warriors, he would be leading them in the following:

Assists
Steals
Blocks

He is leading BOTH teams in all 5 major statistical categories (both total and per game). I'm 99% sure that's never been done in any series ever.

He's doing that in the finals against arguably the greatest team ever.

Whilst also shooting 51/40/70.

If the Cavs lose, no player has ever put forward a better argument to still be Finals MVP without winning.

pretty much. Unless he just ***** the bed in game 7.

Regarding the Finals MVP, it will either go to LeBron if the Cavs win, or whomever has a great game 7 for GS. If the NBA needs to give it to a player by default because nobody stood out, Curry will win it.

Snakeyestx
06-17-2016, 02:50 PM
That's easy... Ken Mauer *megatrollface*

AllBall
06-17-2016, 03:44 PM

They've done it before. Precedence has been set.

FlashBolt
06-17-2016, 03:46 PM
They've done it before. Precedence has been set.

Completely different time. LeBron had just as much of a case last year to win it but didn't. This year is pretty different, though. Curry hasn't played like last year and neither has Iguodala. LeBron has actually played better this year's NBA Finals than last year. I'd give it to LeBron because there's just no way you can deny it.

Minimal
06-17-2016, 04:13 PM
Obviously LeBron deserves it, but its just gonna be ankward if he wins it, he is there for a championship most importantly, not finals mvp. So far from GS Klay is the most deserving of FMVP. He was there when they needed him, he made the comebacks.

FlashBolt
06-17-2016, 04:27 PM
The guy who is doing this:

________ in the Finals.

51.4 FG% / 40.0 3FG% / 69.7 FT%

30.2 points
11.3 rebounds
8.5 assists
2.7 steals
2.2 blocks

57.8 TS%
35.1 PER

JasonJohnHorn
06-17-2016, 05:47 PM
Completely different time. LeBron had just as much of a case last year to win it but didn't. This year is pretty different, though. Curry hasn't played like last year and neither has Iguodala. LeBron has actually played better this year's NBA Finals than last year. I'd give it to LeBron because there's just no way you can deny it.

I think last year will make it more possible for this year. There were a lot of conversations about it last year, and I think it has opened people up to the idea.

Let's not forget that LBJ came in a close second last year. 7-4

Last year, people voted for Iggy.... this year... if Green, Curry and Klay all have strong games, those 4 guys who voted for LBJ may very well vote for him again, and the 7 voting for a GSW player may split their votes between Curry, Klay and Green, leaving the award for LBJ to pick up.

FlashBolt
06-17-2016, 08:59 PM
I think last year will make it more possible for this year. There were a lot of conversations about it last year, and I think it has opened people up to the idea.

Last year, people voted for Iggy.... this year... if Green, Curry and Klay all have strong games, those 4 guys who voted for LBJ may very well vote for him again, and the 7 voting for a GSW player may split their votes between Curry, Klay and Green, leaving the award for LBJ to pick up.

Last year, I will concede that although LeBron was the true MVP, there was no question that Iguodala deserved it as well. I wouldn't care who got it but one thing was for sure, Curry was not the Finals MVP. This year, there is absolutely no question. It was a knockout by LeBron. No player comes close.. LeBron has not only played better in this Finals compared to last but Curry/Iguodala both are playing worse than before. The analysts who didn't pick LeBron will draw plenty of fire. You have to be drinking some Kool-Aid to think LeBron has more to prove after this NBA Finals.

Kush McDaniels
06-17-2016, 09:32 PM
I can't imagine Curry or anyone doing better in games 7 than what LeBron has done the last 2 games

AllBall
06-18-2016, 08:20 AM

This is exactly why I think LBJ is going to get it.