PDA

View Full Version : If the Warriors lose....

GiantsSwaGG
06-16-2016, 10:48 PM
If the Warriors lose in the finals especially being up 3-1, Does the season goes to waste? Does it even matter that they won 73 games? Can they be considered the greatest team of all time?

42-15-7
06-16-2016, 11:09 PM
If they lose I chalk it up to injuries.

More often that anyone would like, the NBA title comes down to who's hurt and who's not.

Take Curry's leg, Bogut's leg, and add Green getting tossed for a game, while the Cavs are at full strength and the final three games all have two full days' rest between them, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs won.

GS is clearly the underdog now. Hope they decide to show up in Game 7, because they've played like *** the last two.

zn23
06-16-2016, 11:14 PM
It will certainly ruin the season... It would go down as the biggest choke job in NBA history. It will also irreparably damage Steph Curry's legacy. There's no way he gets out of the Finals unscathed, if the Warriors lose.

archdevil84
06-16-2016, 11:33 PM
i dont think the warriors would win game 7 tbh if the cavs can force it here

JordansBulls
06-16-2016, 11:36 PM
How can you be greatest all time when you lost to a team in the same year in the league you are in?

GiantsSwaGG
06-16-2016, 11:39 PM

Cavs will win game 7 book it

koreancabbage
06-16-2016, 11:51 PM
it would be a historic season for Cleveland

LOL

cmellofan15
06-16-2016, 11:59 PM

More often that anyone would like, the NBA title comes down to who's hurt and who's not.

Take Curry's leg, Bogut's leg, and add Green getting tossed for a game, while the Cavs are at full strength and the final three games all have two full days' rest between them, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs won.

GS is clearly the underdog now. Hope they decide to show up in Game 7, because they've played like *** the last two.

yeah, well luckily they weren't hurt last year and Cleveland was :shrug:

Cal827
06-17-2016, 12:03 AM
Well, it would certainly surpass OKC last round for biggest choke job in NBA history :laugh2:

I think people won't consider them the best team ever, regardless of how game 7 ends. The Bulls team that they get compared to, pretty much dominated the playoffs too. It did take them 6 games to take out Seattle, but couple things; Seattle also had one of the best records in NBA history, and they were up 3-0 at a point in that series.

Golden State has lost as many playoff games in each of the last two series (separately), as the Bulls lost during their entire run. People are going to point to that when comparing the two teams as well. I mean, if people will use everything to try to reduce the accolades for going 73-9, just watch if they win game 7 :laugh2: (Of course, if they lose, then they won't need this to judge)

I think another question would be:

If Lebron is able to take down a team who posted the best regular season ever, where would he be placed all time? Does it improve his rating among the greats?

Dade County
06-17-2016, 12:05 AM
Nothing can be taken away from them just because (if) the Cav's beat them.

73 is still 73.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-17-2016, 12:08 AM
Won't be a "waste" but it'll be a big disappointment.

JasonJohnHorn
06-17-2016, 12:09 AM
It's like the Pats losing in the Superbowl after a perfect season. It's not a perfect season if you lose the title. Nobody cared that you were 16-0 in the reg season if you were 0-1 in the Superbowl.

The Warriors will be recognized as a great team if they lose, but not one that got it done.

I don't buy the injuries. I do think the loss of Bogut is huge, but Green was not injured, he just put himself in a bad situation.

Curry is not 100%, but he's still the MVP. I mean, they beat the Thunder 3 straight games. So they are healthy enough to compete.

The bottom line is that Barnes, Klay, Green and Iggy, who are all healthy, and who each had some great moments in the lat to playoff runs, are playing far below their standard, so even if you excuse Curry's sub-par play due to injury, this is a team that is regarded as the deepest the league has seen in decades.

They have an All-Star (current or former) at every position: Curry, Klay, Iggy, Green, and Bogut.

They were healthy games 1-5 and they should have wrapped the series up in those games. The fact that they didn't is on them. This series should have been a sweep.

So yes, it spoils the season if they lose. Frankly, even if they do win, having fallen down 1-3 in the conference finals and being up 3-1 and letting a team force a game 7 has already sullied their 73 wins. The Bulls were far more dominant in their playoff run. I mean the Warriors have two series were they lost as many games than the Bulls did in the entire playoffs back in 96.

koreancabbage
06-17-2016, 12:16 AM
I'm pretty sure it would affect Curry's GOAT claim later down the road.

Cal827
06-17-2016, 12:22 AM

:laugh2:

numba1CHANGsta
06-17-2016, 12:23 AM
There will be an asterisk by both teams cuz these games were rigged AF

bootsy
06-17-2016, 12:29 AM

:rolleyes: OMG make this nonsense stop already. Everything is rigged. Stop.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-17-2016, 12:44 AM

LMAO ok dude..

Mell413
06-17-2016, 01:13 AM
Like the one poster before said regardless of the outcome GS can't be considered the best team of all time. I wouldn't call any season you make the finals a waste but it would be a letdown.

goingfor28
06-17-2016, 02:30 AM

Lmaoooo when the Cavs lost last year without Irving or Love, LeBron got unfairly shat on. He had ZERO help and single handedly won 2 games. So your argument is completely irrelevant.

More-Than-Most
06-17-2016, 02:39 AM
The warriors wont lose but if they do its the biggest choke job of all time... They are suppose to be arguably the GOAT team with the arguable best player in the world...

Win or lose curry has been severely exposed... When you are the mvp and you play like **** in back to back finals and in the WCF you are going to take a hit and he will take a big one win or lose.... When a team goes after you all night because of how pathetic you are as a defender then things need to start being reevaluated.

I think warriors blow the cavs out of the water next game because they are home but we have learned alot... Curry has played worse than lebron played against the mavericks in that choke job and the warriors are suppose to be a legendary team.

My take has never been rings this or rings that... If the warriors lose curry not winning the finals isnt the issue.... Its how badly he has choked/player in 2 straight finals and the wcf.

naps
06-17-2016, 02:52 AM
Fair or unfair this game has so much at stake. LeBron has a lot to gain and Curry has a lot to lose here legacy wise. Taking out the historic 73 win team after being down 1-3 for the championship will automatically garner LeBron ranks on the time rankings. And years down the line this will be Curry's achilles heel when he is being discussed among the all timers. Sounds pretty unfair but that's how history remembers them.

goingfor28
06-17-2016, 03:23 AM
Fair or unfair this game has so much at stake. LeBron has a lot to gain and Curry has a lot to lose here legacy wise. Taking out the historic 73 win team after being down 1-3 for the championship will automatically garner LeBron ranks on the time rankings. And years down the line this will be Curry's achilles heel when he is being discussed among the all timers. Sounds pretty unfair but that's how history remembers them.
Among the all timers? Calm down. Curry has had 2 great seasons. That's it. And he's been an absolute bum in the Finals 2 years in a row.

More-Than-Most
06-17-2016, 03:24 AM
Among the all timers? Calm down. Curry has had 2 great seasons. That's it. And he's been an absolute bum in the Finals 2 years in a row.

he said when... meaning not now but in the future..... For the life of me though I dont understand how people just negate how bad he is defensively. Not saying that towards naps but people in general.

bluefire7002
06-17-2016, 04:26 AM

It was never going to happen man :laugh:

rocketfuel
06-17-2016, 04:43 AM
Draymond screwed over his team. Instead of putting them away, now the Cavs are on a roll heading into game 7.

thenaj17
06-17-2016, 07:28 AM
The warriors wont lose but if they do its the biggest choke job of all time... They are suppose to be arguably the GOAT team with the arguable best player in the world...

Win or lose curry has been severely exposed... When you are the mvp and you play like **** in back to back finals and in the WCF you are going to take a hit and he will take a big one win or lose.... When a team goes after you all night because of how pathetic you are as a defender then things need to start being reevaluated.

I think warriors blow the cavs out of the water next game because they are home but we have learned alot... Curry has played worse than lebron played against the mavericks in that choke job and the warriors are suppose to be a legendary team.

My take has never been rings this or rings that... If the warriors lose curry not winning the finals isnt the issue.... Its how badly he has choked/player in 2 straight finals and the wcf.

That's the problem, those 2 statements have never been true. People overreacting to the moment as per usual. Curry who is hidden on defence and chucks endlessly, albeit at a very high standard, isn't even a top 3 player in the league and never ever has been.

LeBron, Westbrook, Durant are all clearly better players and people like Leonard, George in my opinion are better all around players because defence is 50% of the game!

Cal827
06-17-2016, 08:18 AM
All right, I'm just going to come out and say it:

Curry is Carmelo Anthony with a much better supporting cast :laugh2:

GiantsSwaGG
06-17-2016, 08:40 AM
All right, I'm just going to come out and say it:

Curry is Carmelo Anthony with a much better supporting cast :laugh2:

Don't insult Curry like that :laugh2: if anything Ayesha might be better in bed than LaLa

Alayla
06-17-2016, 09:55 AM
Prisoners of the moment man this all or nothing mentality on players is driving me nuts Curry has shot selection Westbrook would scoff at but hes also the most gifted shooter in NBA history and he has deceptive vision for someone who shoots so wildly his defense is majorly underrated and his supporting cast is amazing its not unreasonable to have him as a top 2 player.

Lebron James as many have been saying from the beginning is the more talented all around player and certainly working with a lot less on paper he may very well be the most talented solo show the NBA has seen in terms of his impact on whatever team hes on and hes showing shades of 08 right now with his total physical dominance in this series but he is also a very poor shooter and his man defense is no where near what it was in years past basically settling around average.
All this being said Lebron is also criqued for no taking over games when he is effectively a giant point guard. It's not really the mans game to go Jordan on someone they are different guys making Lebrons solo impact even more impressive IMHO.

Both of these 2 are great players in just about any context so this if they don't win there legacy is tarnished **** is really unfair to both of them but partially Lebron just for once can people just watch a series and try to appreciate the basketball side of things (as ugly as this series is) rather than debating how this effects these players 10 years down the line that's so cynical.

koreancabbage
06-17-2016, 10:14 AM
Curry shooting that 40ft 3 pointer is why. Cleveland just has to make sure all three pointers are contested. We are seeing less defenders go under the screen now and double teaming Klay or Curry on the PnR to make sure the get rid of the ball.

GSW needs to find to get these guys open. and i don't know about the shot blocking because there isn't any. They just aren't defending as their usual selves. but give Lebron and co kudos for not getting stripped easily.

that fall away jumper over Iggy, in the 4th quarter, last night shows the adjustments Lebron and the team, likewise, has made. usually thats a close strip but the angle he went up shielded the ball away from Iggy's prying hands.

koreancabbage
06-17-2016, 10:26 AM
also, whats up with the sloppy GS turnovers? this whole series has been about the silly and unforced TOs they have just given to the Cavs. like simple passes and such.

Btw, Curry finally had an amazing game last night. very rare.

naps
06-17-2016, 01:55 PM

Reading comprehension. Important skill.

KnickNyKnick
06-17-2016, 04:12 PM
if they lose this is like the NE Patriots

rocketfuel
06-17-2016, 05:15 PM
Well, the Cavs obviously made adjustments....shortened their bench and gone with their most reliable players for a majority of the minutes. They've tightened their defense and are starting earlier on offense. Go back and watch the earlier games in the series and you'll see Golden State Warrior players wide open after blow assignments by Cavs players. Curry still hits them, but now he has to take wilder shots.

suic
06-17-2016, 05:59 PM
Lebron made a non basketball move in game 4 to get Green suspended. Next game the cavs take down another one of their bigs. Unintentional as it was, Bogut is still out of the series. Cavs probably wouldn't have pushed game 7 without those incidents.

For me, if Warriors lose, it doesn't diminish any of their achievements. Only shows how far will Lebron go to get his.
Still brilliant perfomances from Lebron and Kyrie, sprinkled with ugly basketball

ewing
06-18-2016, 09:22 AM
If the Warriors lose in the finals especially being up 3-1, Does the season goes to waste? Does it even matter that they won 73 games? Can they be considered the greatest team of all time?

i never considered them or the 72 bulls win the greatest team of all time. if they lose the season ends in major disappointment.

eDush
06-18-2016, 08:07 PM

Cavs will win game 7 book it

What does 'book it' implies from an anon poster who puts an image on his sig who gets more prediction wrong then anyone else? Well I'm taking the Dubs since he is wrong again so book that :laugh2:

eDush
06-18-2016, 08:16 PM

i never considered them or the 72 bulls win the greatest team of all time. if they lose the season ends in major disappointment.

Like Ish is a top 10 PG in the league?

ManRam
06-18-2016, 09:02 PM
It would be the best "wasted season" ever.

Of course it still matters that they won 73. They'll have that forever.

One Nut Kruk
06-18-2016, 09:38 PM
also, whats up with the sloppy GS turnovers? this whole series has been about the silly and unforced TOs they have just given to the Cavs. like simple passes and such.

Btw, Curry finally had an amazing game last night. very rare.

Admittedly, I am not a super hardcore basketball fan. I just started getting back into basketball the past couple years after not really paying much attention for a good 10 years. I am not a Warriors fan but I watched quite a few of their games this year and from what I saw, that's just the way they play. Sloppy and risky plays non stop but they were able to get away with it during the regular season. You can't do that crap when you're consistently playing other top teams and it's biting them in the ***. I enjoyed watching them this year and I hope they win but perhaps focusing so hard on breaking the wins record rather than getting prepared for the playoffs has caught up to them. They look mentally and physically drained.

Jeffy25
06-18-2016, 11:21 PM
It will certainly ruin the season... It would go down as the biggest choke job in NBA history. It will also irreparably damage Steph Curry's legacy. There's no way he gets out of the Finals unscathed, if the Warriors lose.

I get the impression that a lot of people on here have incredibly short term memories.

The biggest choke job in NBA history?

Absolutely not.

Everyone was calling it the biggest choke job when they almost lost to OKC.

This sport isn't that easy. They won 73. That's incredible, obviously. That's the regular season record.

You can't properly compare them to the 96 Bulls. Different rules, different eras, different players, different styles of basketball.

You can't just say the Bulls would have beat the Warriors or vice versa. Every thing changes every day in the NBA. The Warriors should beat the Cavs. But Bron is also the greatest basketball player on the planet, and getting just a little bit of help, along with Bogut being hurt and Green being stupid, he can win a chip. Anything can happen in a 7 game series, this is proof of that.

Of course, I expect the Warriors to win tomorrow either way. And then everyone is going to call Bron a choke artist. Nobody wins in any of this with NBA fans.

Maybe a 3-1 deficit hasn't been beaten in the Finals, but it's happened like 10 times in the playoffs. This isn't the biggest choke job. Hell, the Mavs losing to the 8 seed Warriors was worse.

Jeffy25
06-18-2016, 11:27 PM
They would be the greatest team to not win a title lol

ewing
06-19-2016, 01:18 AM
Like Ish is a top 10 PG in the league?

all time

ewing
06-19-2016, 01:20 AM
Admittedly, I am not a super hardcore basketball fan. I just started getting back into basketball the past couple years after not really paying much attention for a good 10 years. I am not a Warriors fan but I watched quite a few of their games this year and from what I saw, that's just the way they play. Sloppy and risky plays non stop but they were able to get away with it during the regular season. You can't do that crap when you're consistently playing other top teams and it's biting them in the ***. I enjoyed watching them this year and I hope they win but perhaps focusing so hard on breaking the wins record rather than getting prepared for the playoffs has caught up to them. They look mentally and physically drained.

agreed. the Warriors style is incredible lose. they seem to get back to it in the 2nd half of the last game and i think that is actually a positive for them.