PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Varejao?

krazylegz
06-15-2016, 02:01 AM
with him being by far the worst flopper in the league,how is he always getting the benefit of the doubt with the officials in this years finals??

nastynice
06-15-2016, 02:21 AM
My question is, how does he even make money after all the flop fines?? lol, he's just breaking even!!

Saddletramp
06-15-2016, 02:34 AM
He's completely awful. I don't remember seeing him much because he was always hurt and before Lebron came back, no one was watching Cavs games but was he always this bad? And yeah, if I were a ref, I'd never call a foul for him unless someone just clocked him right in front of me and even then, I'd turn my head quick enough to miss it (although it'd be hard to not watch a turd get his well earned comeuppance).

IndyRealist
06-15-2016, 08:24 AM
Remember when he was putting up 20/20 games? Doesn't feel that long ago.

WaDe03
06-15-2016, 08:52 AM
Did somebody say "andy varajeo"?

colinskik
06-15-2016, 10:14 AM
If he's involved in any play, he's flopping. It's almost humorous. And as annoying as it is, it still works with the refs, so you can't me too mad at him. This is on the refs -- stop calling it. It's really that simple.

jonathank84
06-15-2016, 10:18 AM
how did he end up on the warriors??

twellner9
06-15-2016, 10:38 AM
He is awful to watch. Plus I hate his hair. Learn to play defense or GTFO. The NBA needs to take more action into stopping this sort of thing.

alkalinesolo
06-15-2016, 11:51 AM
Because the refs in the NBA are horrible, and have been horrible for at least a decade. The sport can barely even be considered basketball anymore by the way the refs call the game.

twellner9
06-15-2016, 12:30 PM
My biggest beef with officiating is how ticky tack things are for small players but how you can hammer on a center all day on the block with no call. Why is a foul called for brushing someone's jersey on a 3 but on a drive they can basically tackle players and as long as they touch the ball its considered "good defense". This more than anything is why big men are losing ground in the NBA.

ghettosean
06-15-2016, 01:29 PM
My biggest beef with officiating is how ticky tack things are for small players but how you can hammer on a center all day on the block with no call. Why is a foul called for brushing someone's jersey on a 3 but on a drive they can basically tackle players and as long as they touch the ball its considered "good defense". This more than anything is why big men are losing ground in the NBA.

Well said this is a beef in general that I have with the calls not being consistent. If you are going to call ticky tack fouls then do it the whole game for all players IN BOTH HALFS don't change the officiating part way through or don't change how you call fouls based on who it is or what position you play. A foul is a foul as a fan I'm looking for consistency.

Vee-Rex
06-15-2016, 01:34 PM
He's completely awful. I don't remember seeing him much because he was always hurt and before Lebron came back, no one was watching Cavs games but was he always this bad? And yeah, if I were a ref, I'd never call a foul for him unless someone just clocked him right in front of me and even then, I'd turn my head quick enough to miss it (although it'd be hard to not watch a turd get his well earned comeuppance).

He had his moments with the Cavs. Back when he would get 30+ minutes and 14ppg with 12+rpg he didn't need to flop as often, and it wasn't a horrible because he contributed in other ways.

He was always a flopper, but I think nowadays he flops much more since his game and minutes have declined.

Interestingly enough, he's still a gifted offensive rebounder and will give GS some hustle and o-boards here and there.

Vee-Rex
06-15-2016, 01:37 PM
Just to add to this discussion:

I think it's very funny for any Cavs fan to talk about Varejao's flopping lol. As much as it annoys me, I can easily move on from it because I know the Cavs have benefited tremendously from his flopping in the past, and at that time I was simply applauding him for his "ability to draw fouls" rather than criticizing him for flopping.

Tony_Starks
06-15-2016, 02:46 PM
His Jerry curl reminds me of Jewls in Pulp Fiction

Hawkeye15
06-15-2016, 04:56 PM
even Van Gundy was calling out the refs

"you can't give that call to a known flopper!"

I have always disliked Sideshow Bob

krazylegz
06-15-2016, 05:33 PM
since we are talking about beef with refs....the worst though is when a defender will be a full 2 feet from an offensive player. The offensive player will proceed to lunge forward,most of the time missing contact,mind you,and get the call.....its embarrassing how silly the nba reffing is

bleedprple&gold
06-15-2016, 06:25 PM
He has to flop because he's not really good at anything else except making a few hustle plays a game. And the refs are idiots for always buying it plain and simple. I hope nobody signs him next year so I don't have to see his ugly mug and clown hair anymore.

CHANGO
06-15-2016, 09:46 PM
He's the worst flopper IMO. It's the combination of him being a center, being big and also his hair while flopping makes it worse. :laugh:

I honestly don't get why the refs keep falling everytime.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-15-2016, 09:58 PM
I hate him because I hate Lebron flopping.

TrueFan420
06-15-2016, 10:08 PM
He has to flop because he's not really good at anything else except making a few hustle plays a game. And the refs are idiots for always buying it plain and simple. I hope nobody signs him next year so I don't have to see his ugly mug and clown hair anymore.

He's actually a pretty good passer for a big man.

CHANGO
06-15-2016, 10:21 PM
He's actually a pretty good passer for a big man.

Yep, he have great handles for a big, great passing ability (on one game I heard the Cavs annoying announcer say that Varejao was a PG and then grew and you know the rest) and he also have a decent mid-range jumpshot. He can also move his feet defensively that's why he gets so many charges. (Product of the flopping)

TrueFan420
06-15-2016, 10:31 PM
Yep, he have great handles for a big, great passing ability (on one game I heard the Cavs annoying announcer say that Varejao was a PG and then grew and you know the rest) and he also have a decent mid-range jumpshot. He can also move his feet defensively that's why he gets so many charges. (Product of the flopping)

It's a shame he had so many injuries. He could have had a much better career.

eDush
06-15-2016, 10:32 PM
I like his presence but not when he flops and look shock doing it. So lame :pity:

More-Than-Most
06-15-2016, 11:29 PM
lol I hate him and floppers in general but if it works good for him and it clearly works... same with the warriors and their screens.... Do whatever it takes to win period... I love it.

FlashBolt
06-16-2016, 01:23 AM
I actually liked Varejao when he was with the Cavs. He was a completely different player back then because he actually contributed. Now, he's just in the team so he can flop. It's honestly really pathetic. You can tell the Warriors aren't going to resign him anyways. The way he flops and still gets calls is astounding to me. If I'm the refs, I'll let him get knocked down and pretend I didn't see anything.. hopefully it'll teach floppers to stop crying wolf.

Hawkeye15
06-16-2016, 10:21 AM
lol I hate him and floppers in general but if it works good for him and it clearly works... same with the warriors and their screens.... Do whatever it takes to win period... I love it.

yeah, I mean people who complain about floppers are missing the point. If they can get away with it, then Maryl Streep the **** out of it, by all means

Chronz
06-16-2016, 11:46 AM
He's always flopped but now it's basically the primary way he influences a game so it really stands out. Wilt would be proud