PDA

View Full Version : Freeing Kyrie and K-love

flattoprules21
06-14-2016, 12:52 AM
Trade 1:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hmhvokx
This trade would also includes the clippers getting the kings 8th pick. Blake Griffin and Cousins are continuous problems for their teams and the Clippers have shown zero progress and ability to catch the spurs, thunder, and warriors so starting over with a younger roster would benefit them.

Trade 2:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zmkwc7k
This trade is similar

Share some of your trade ideas to free Kyrie and Love

HandsOnTheWheel
06-14-2016, 12:59 AM
No.

Bostonjorge
06-14-2016, 01:00 AM
How come Clippers get bamboozled in both trades? Kevin love for sure is gone. Will be interesting to see for who.

Tony_Starks
06-14-2016, 01:42 AM
Kevin can kick rocks but if Kyrie leaves Lebron is going with him. He came back home for a reason.

eDush
06-14-2016, 06:57 AM
Trade 1:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hmhvokx
This trade would also includes the clippers getting the kings 8th pick. Blake Griffin and Cousins are continuous problems for their teams and the Clippers have shown zero progress and ability to catch the spurs, thunder, and warriors so starting over with a younger roster would benefit them.

Trade 2:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zmkwc7k
This trade is similar

Share some of your trade ideas to free Kyrie and Love
:laugh2: neither lopsided trade will ever happen. You do know just cause the trade didn't fail using that link doesn't mean it can happen lol

IndyRealist
06-14-2016, 08:29 AM
In the first one, New York would be throwing picks out to Sacramento and LA for the next decade.

In the second one Phoenix gets nothing in return.

KingstonHawke
06-15-2016, 03:36 AM
Yeah, the Clippers probably wouldn't give away the 3rd best PG in the league for free lol.

I've tried my own hand though. Taking into account what each teams needs and wants are as opposed to my personal preferences.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j3484gd

Cavs get: Carmelo Anthony, Dwayne Wade, Jahlil Okafor, and Car Landry
76ers get: Kyrie Irving
Knicks get: Kevin Love
Heat get: #1 overall

So this is the thinking...

The Knicks are low on Carmelo, so it may take some filler, but they would pretty much get rid of Carmelo for the younger Love. Who would again be a stat stuffer as the primary option in New York. Him and Porzingas don't offer a lot of rim protection, but they could realistically combine for 40 pts and 20 rebounds a night and space the floor for a P&R PG (bring back Linsanity).

The 76ers are giving up Okafor and Ben Simmons. Two very talented players who don't fit the roster at all. For a team with a PG need, there really isn't a better return than Irving though. High price gladly paid considering they have the Lakers 1st next year, and a bunch of cap space (even more since Carl Landry is included). Enough to overpay someone like Harrison Barnes in free agency. Irving/Barnes/Embiid/Lakers 1st... that's a more promising core than what the Wolves have.

Maybe this is inside information, but I live in South Beach and my doctor who's very familiar with Chris Bosh's medical situation says that he's done. For good. Considering that, Wade's contract, age, and friendship with Lebron. They basically swap Wade for Simmons. Personally, I think the Heat would be getting the better out of the deal. But Lebron wants to win now. And Wade could carry the second unit. I expect the Cavs would want some filler as well. Maybe a Heat pick, or a role player.

Cavs give up a lot, but get a lot in return. Lebron get's two dear friends, a 6th man and proven champion, a proven scorer (who will be more motivated than ever), and a young center who can score on the block. The starting lineup the way I see it would be

nastynice
06-15-2016, 04:50 AM
How bout we #freedraymond first, THEN we can worry about love and Kyrie! :p

*Damn self entitled Warriors fans, don't understand not every thread is for them...

nastynice
06-15-2016, 04:51 AM
Ok, NOW we're becoming like Seahawks fans, lmao!!

IndyRealist
06-15-2016, 08:20 AM
Yeah, the Clippers probably wouldn't give away the 3rd best PG in the league for free lol.

I've tried my own hand though. Taking into account what each teams needs and wants are as opposed to my personal preferences.

The Knicks are low on Carmelo, so it may take some filler, but they would pretty much get rid of Carmelo for the younger Love. Who would again be a stat stuffer as the primary option in New York. Him and Porzingas don't offer a lot of rim protection, but they could realistically combine for 40 pts and 20 rebounds a night and space the floor for a P&R PG (bring back Linsanity).

The 76ers are giving up Okafor and Ben Simmons. Two very talented players who don't fit the roster at all. For a team with a PG need, there really isn't a better return than Irving though. High price gladly paid considering they have the Lakers 1st next year, and a bunch of cap space (even more since Carl Landry is included). Enough to overpay someone like Harrison Barnes in free agency. Irving/Barnes/Embiid/Lakers 1st... that's a more promising core than what the Wolves have.

Maybe this is inside information, but I live in South Beach and my doctor who's very familiar with Chris Bosh's medical situation says that he's done. For good. Considering that, Wade's contract, age, and friendship with Lebron. They basically swap Wade for Simmons. Personally, I think the Heat would be getting the better out of the deal. But Lebron wants to win now. And Wade could carry the second unit. I expect the Cavs would want some filler as well. Maybe a Heat pick, or a role player.

Cavs give up a lot, but get a lot in return. Lebron get's two dear friends, a 6th man and proven champion, a proven scorer (who will be more motivated than ever), and a young center who can score on the block. The starting lineup the way I see it would be

Absolutely ZERO chance the Cavs would want Wade over the #1 pick. They would simply cut Miami out of the deal and keep Simmons as their succession plan.

I go back and forth on whether the Sixers would trade their pick for Irving. I wouldn't do it, but they likely have pressure to be respectable now instead of 3 years from now. No one's been successful building around Kyrie to this point. I'll take cost controlled Simmons or Ingram over Irving any day.

WaDe03
06-15-2016, 08:55 AM

That trade would definitely never happen. Wade is a free agent if he wants to go there he'll go but I highly doubt it. He's also not going to come off the bench and lead the second unit lol.

jonathank84
06-15-2016, 10:24 AM
i don't see how adding melo to any team really helps them other than selling seats

JasonJohnHorn
06-15-2016, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure the Clippers giving up the two best players in the trade and notting getting back any of the 4 best players makes sense for them.

JasonJohnHorn
06-15-2016, 11:55 AM
As soon as LBJ returned to Cleveland, I was pushing for a CP3/Kyrie trade. I realize CP3 is older, but he is the better 3pt shooter, better defender and better playmaker by far. He fits much better with the team.

Kyrie is younger, so though he's not as good, he gives the Clippers and Blake a bigger window.

As for Love, I think once you bring in a guy like CP3, he'll perform much better.

I'd trade him for Draymond Green, but there are few other players I would give Love up for. He has a unique skill set between his size, his shooting, his rebounding, and his passing. And his defense has improved.

ManRam
06-15-2016, 12:15 PM
there is a less than 0% chance those trades happen.

NBA 2K has outright RUINED our ability to discuss trades reasonably

Chronz
06-15-2016, 12:49 PM
there is a less than 0% chance those trades happen.

NBA 2K has outright RUINED our ability to discuss trades reasonably
Not with my sliders

KingstonHawke
06-15-2016, 10:38 PM
That trade would definitely never happen. Wade is a free agent if he wants to go there he'll go but I highly doubt it. He's also not going to come off the bench and lead the second unit lol.

my fault... i made the mistake of thinking that Wade had a player option on his deal. That doesn't change the core of the deal though. Just means that the Heat get cut out of the deal, Wade comes in as a FA, and the Cavs have the #1 to play with. Which they would trade to the Celts for their first three picks. And then draft Hield, and two role players.

But I'm almost sure the Love/Melo swap will happen.