PDA

View Full Version : 40/40 41/17/7/3/3

More-Than-Most
06-13-2016, 11:48 PM
First time ever 2 40 point scorers and James had a god like game... 3 quarters carrying them for kyrie to get hot... no other player in todays league could put up 41/17/7/3/3 in an elimination game against the best team ever and play the defense he played

I personally want to thank lebron for what I witnessed tonight... greatness is hard to come by but you sir make watching basketball a privilege. :clap:

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-13-2016, 11:50 PM
It's very weird, I had no idea LeBron had more than 20 points because they were making such a big deal about what Irving was doing. He gets his numbers so easily

More-Than-Most
06-13-2016, 11:52 PM
He was the best player on the floor on both sides of the ball.. Kyrie lit up curry alot and opened up the 4th quarter.... what lebron did tonight ends all the mentally weak talk... elimination game against the best team ever he just put up 41/17/7/3/3

Its ****ing insane

42-15-7
06-13-2016, 11:53 PM
I think you gotta put an asterisk on the game.

Not saying LeBron didn't show up, but still. No Green.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2016, 11:55 PM

yea no curry neither : )

Crackadalic
06-14-2016, 12:01 AM
yea no curry neither : )

25 isn't half bad honestly. Just not 38 from klay, 41 from James/Irving good

Tony_Starks
06-14-2016, 12:04 AM
Kyrie. Irving!!! Had those dudes on skates out there all night!

First time 2 teammates go for 40+ in a Finals game!

Historic stuff!

bucketss
06-14-2016, 12:07 AM
lebron haters are in shambles.

Avenged
06-14-2016, 12:08 AM
Yay! Go Bron

MTL_123
06-14-2016, 12:12 AM

lol pretty much

Vinny642
06-14-2016, 12:16 AM

Na, because there is always game 4.... I could watch it and still laugh at it.

Bostonjorge
06-14-2016, 12:18 AM
James had a great 3 quarters for sure. You just can't tell me you didn't think in the back of your head he was going to choke in the 4th again. Irving just had one of the greatest clutch performances we ever seen. Took all the energy out of every Warriors players and the whole arena. There was no coming back from that.

James had a great game but this game will be remembered as Irvings game.

More-Than-Most
06-14-2016, 12:21 AM
James had a great 3 quarters for sure. You just can't tell me you didn't think in the back of your head he was going to choke in the 4th again. Irving just had one of the greatest clutch performances we ever seen. Took all the energy out of every Warriors players and the whole arena. There was no coming back from that.

yet all everyone is talking about right now is what James did on every channel on both sides of the ball.. sportscenter calling this best finals performance... Keep it up with the hate... see ya next game bro.

More-Than-Most
06-14-2016, 12:22 AM

he carried them for 3 quarters and blocked several shots in the 4th while getting assists and rebounds but dats not clutch doh? He also hit a few shots as well... Just stop.

still1ballin
06-14-2016, 12:26 AM
Yay! Go Bron

Lebron > Jordan

Easily

CHANGO
06-14-2016, 12:29 AM
Lebron was great, Kyrie was great, Klay was great. Curry wasn't.

Lebron responding in an elimination game, against one of the best teams in NBA history and on the toughest court to win. That was amazing. It reminded me of the 2012 Playoffs game 6 against the Celtics, down 3-2, on the road, against a good Celtics team, everyone saying the HEAT was done and Lebron came big with 45pts, 15reb, 5ast and 71%FG it was a GREAT game, and I think tonight's was better performance wise.

He also played the best defense of the series so far, was everywhere, rebounding the ball, assisting, scoring, switching, defending etc... Just a GREAT OVERALL GAME BY HIM.

Vinny642
06-14-2016, 12:47 AM

Lebron responding in an elimination game, against one of the best teams in NBA history and on the toughest court to win. That was amazing. It reminded me of the 2012 Playoffs game 6 against the Celtics, down 3-2, on the road, against a good Celtics team, everyone saying the HEAT was done and Lebron came big with 45pts, 15reb, 5ast and 71%FG it was a GREAT game, and I think tonight's was better performance wise.

He also played the best defense of the series so far, was everywhere, rebounding the ball, assisting, scoring, switching, defending etc... Just a GREAT OVERALL GAME BY HIM.

Finally right

ewing
06-14-2016, 08:00 AM

LeBron played a great game. I am not going to credit anyone for playing great D all night in that game though. Both teams were out of sorts an awful lot on that end

More-Than-Most
06-14-2016, 08:02 AM
LeBron played a great game. I am not going to credit anyone for playing great D all night in that game though. Both teams were out of sorts an awful lot on that end

the last 5 minutes and 30 seconds of the 4th quarter when it matters most for you the cavs gave up 1 point on defense :shrug:

Lebron had 2 steals and a block

ewing
06-14-2016, 08:04 AM
He was the best player on the floor on both sides of the ball.. Kyrie lit up curry alot and opened up the 4th quarter.... what lebron did tonight ends all the mentally weak talk... elimination game against the best team ever he just put up 41/17/7/3/3

Its ****ing insane

no it doesn't it took him half a series to show up. he did this once before against SA and showing up for 1/2 a series turned out to be enough. It took a Parker injury, TD blowing and easy layup, and a Ray Allen bomb to make it happen. We will see if its too little too late from Bron this time :)

lavell12
06-14-2016, 08:08 AM
LeBron was great but Kyrie was on another planet. Maybe the best finals performance I've ever seen.

IndyRealist
06-14-2016, 08:21 AM
So, for all the people saying they don't need Bogut...

D-Leethal
06-14-2016, 08:22 AM
yet all everyone is talking about right now is what James did on every channel on both sides of the ball.. sportscenter calling this best finals performance... Keep it up with the hate... see ya next game bro.

I didn't even get a chance to watch the whole game but I turned on ESPN this AM and saw nothing but Kyrie highlights, post game comments and coverage for about 10 minutes straight. Looks like James had an epic game tho. I don't think he will fully get props due to the way he whined and got GSW heart and soul suspended.

ewing
06-14-2016, 08:37 AM
the last 5 minutes and 30 seconds of the 4th quarter when it matters most for you the cavs gave up 1 point on defense :shrug:

Lebron had 2 steals and a block

LeBron played a great game and made plays on both ends. Both teams were pretty bad on D for the night so I'm not going to credit anyone for having a great game on D.

More-Than-Most
06-14-2016, 08:45 AM
I didn't even get a chance to watch the whole game but I turned on ESPN this AM and saw nothing but Kyrie highlights, post game comments and coverage for about 10 minutes straight. Looks like James had an epic game tho. I don't think he will fully get props due to the way he whined and got GSW heart and soul suspended.

again just shooting off at the mouth with no substance or factual imput of any kind... the ones whining have been the warriors for 2 straight days on a level that we have not seen before... dads and gfs on twitter going crazy over the warriors.

Getting mad when you get hit in the nuts is whining but players crying on post game and their dads/gfs/family all *****ing and moaning for 2 straight days on social media because their sons will be without a player whom hit someone in the nuts 4 times in 2 series is cool beans doh

Tony_Starks
06-14-2016, 08:57 AM
Epic performance. However you slice it 40/40 is something we may not even see again.

This thing is definitely going 7.

Jewelz0376
06-14-2016, 10:53 AM
Great game by both kyrie and lebron. I was especially impressed with Lebrons D.

I def wouldn't say "he carried them for the first 3 quarters" though. Kyrie went crazy in the 4th, but he was still scoring at will the before then as well.

It's just too bad for Lebron he waited until they were down 1-3 to play like this. Hes going to need to do it 2 more times.

Lebron is weird though. It wouldn't surprise me in the least for him to play like he did last night and then in game 6 play weird and passive.

FlashBolt
06-14-2016, 10:54 AM

Yeah, and K-Love hasn't shown up at all despite actually being there. What's your argument?

valade16
06-14-2016, 10:54 AM
Let's not get it twisted. Credit to LeBron for a great game and congrats to the Cavs for beating GS. But GS was without Draymond. Suddenly people are talking about how the Cavs might win. They won't.

The Warriors are still going to win. This was just a fun interlude to their coronation.

FlashBolt
06-14-2016, 10:56 AM
no it doesn't it took him half a series to show up. he did this once before against SA and showing up for 1/2 a series turned out to be enough. It took a Parker injury, TD blowing and easy layup, and a Ray Allen bomb to make it happen. We will see if its too little too late from Bron this time :)

You act as if he played terribly this entire series... He's been the best player this series by far.

ManRam
06-14-2016, 10:59 AM
both were quite enjoyable to watch. i was entertained. mission accomplished

KnicksorBust
06-14-2016, 11:30 AM
It's very weird, I had no idea LeBron had more than 20 points because they were making such a big deal about what Irving was doing. He gets his numbers so easily

The true greats set the bar so high for themselves. That's why it's so easy to criticize them. It's like anytime Curry misses an open 3 you are shocked because he's supposed to make every shot.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2016, 11:34 AM

haha

Tony_Starks
06-14-2016, 11:39 AM
haha

Lebron wasn't laughing tho
------------------

"You got a guy like this who's very special," James said, gesturing toward Irving next to him at the interview table. "Probably one of the greatest performances I've ever seen live."

If James was in attack mode, Irving was in can't-miss mode. Without him, this might've been just another brilliant, yet futile performance for James with elimination bearing down on him.

"He was just calm," James said of Irving. "Just calm for 48 minutes. He played 40 minutes, but even the eight minutes he was sitting down, he was calm. Timely bucket after timely bucket he made for our team."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kyrie-irving-reminds-lebron-james-what-he-didnt-have-in-miami/

KnicksorBust
06-14-2016, 11:44 AM
haha

Will it still be funny if the Cavs win 2 more games?

Hawkeye15
06-14-2016, 11:56 AM
Will it still be funny if the Cavs win 2 more games?

it's the person saying it. Goes out of his way to deflect any credit to a certain player, while dumping on him as much as humanly possible.

Yes, big performance by Irving. One of the most clutch ever? Please, he wasn't even the best player on his own team last night.

Chronz
06-14-2016, 12:02 PM
Havent seen a 40-15 in the Finals since Shaq. I think we finally have our vintage Bron game, was worried we would go the entire playoffs without one.

Lil Rhody
06-14-2016, 12:05 PM
So MTM you admit that the Warriors are the best ever in your first post lmao flip flop. They call him Varejo.

Just kiddin but holy **** what a game and performance

LaLa_Land
06-14-2016, 12:25 PM
Whilst being guarded by Green, LeBron often finds himself over-penetrating, as if he's trying to prove his physicality. Way too often during the first four games did I see LeBron making additional moves 10 feet away from the basking with Draymond Green already on his heels. Pull up for that damn jumpshot! It's evident Draymond Green got into Lebron's head, as game 5 showcased a completely different player. I saw a lot of the same things from Kevin Durant during their series against Golden State - over-penetrating to an extreme fault. Draymond Green is a wildly impactful defender, one of the best I've ever seen. Reminds me so much of Ron Artest in his prime.

For this to reach a game 7, LeBron has to set up the rest of his game with his jumpshot. It makes a cosmic difference for the team, and I'd like to think Ty Lue had a lot to do with Lebron's philosophical shift in game 5.

If Cleveland wins at home, game 7 will be one of the most publicized sporting events in history.

FlashBolt
06-14-2016, 12:30 PM
I can't for the life of me see how Kyrie had the better game. He had the better scoring touches but defensively, there was no question LeBron was lightyears ahead of any defender that game. There was absolutely no question who made the correct plays. Kyrie made a few shots that made me think, that will not work again. Anyhow, does anyone find it amazing that LeBron leads the series in points, rebounds, assists, steals, AND blocks? You would think leading in 2/5 would be impressive but he's leading in every category.

Tony_Starks
06-14-2016, 12:37 PM
Whilst being guarded by Green, LeBron often finds himself over-penetrating, as if he's trying to prove his physicality. Way too often during the first four games did I see LeBron making additional moves 10 feet away from the basking with Draymond Green already on his heels. Pull up for that damn jumpshot! It's evident Draymond Green got into Lebron's head, as game 5 showcased a completely different player. I saw a lot of the same things from Kevin Durant during their series against Golden State - over-penetrating to an extreme fault. Draymond Green is a wildly impactful defender, one of the best I've ever seen. Reminds me so much of Ron Artest in his prime.

For this to reach a game 7, LeBron has to set up the rest of his game with his jumpshot. It makes a cosmic difference for the team, and I'd like to think Ty Lue had a lot to do with Lebron's philosophical shift in game 5.

If Cleveland wins at home, game 7 will be one of the most publicized sporting events in history.

You know what's crazy is that as great as Lebron is he still struggles with confidence shooting the J. Seen it for years against the Spurs. Seen it in this series. Like he'll miss the first few jumpers and then be gunshy the rest of the game.

Last night you can see he came out with the mentality of make or miss, screw it I'm letting it fly. No hesitation, just taking his time and shooting with confidence. Like game 6 vs Boston or game 7 vs the Spurs.

When he's mentally focused like that and the J is falling it's a wrap because they are going to give it to him.

The Warriors gave him the same wide open shots they've gave him all series, they'll give him those looks Thursday too.

Vinylman
06-14-2016, 12:38 PM
Great Game by both guys...

for me though I would take Magic's game 6 in 1980 over this since he was the one playing shorthanded out of position and Cleveland was down 2 starters.

FlashBolt
06-14-2016, 12:44 PM
Random fact:

LeBron leads the series in points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals.

I don't care what you guys say but any player who can do that against an historic team and unanimous MVP, is undoubtedly the best player.

Tony_Starks
06-14-2016, 12:46 PM
I can't for the life of me see how Kyrie had the better game. He had the better scoring touches but defensively, there was no question LeBron was lightyears ahead of any defender that game. There was absolutely no question who made the correct plays. Kyrie made a few shots that made me think, that will not work again. Anyhow, does anyone find it amazing that LeBron leads the series in points, rebounds, assists, steals, AND blocks? You would think leading in 2/5 would be impressive but he's leading in every category.

Well Kyrie actually has him in points barely and they're tied in steals but the rest is pretty impressive.

FlashBolt
06-14-2016, 12:47 PM
Great Game by both guys...

for me though I would take Magic's game 6 in 1980 over this since he was the one playing shorthanded out of position and Cleveland was down 2 starters.

LeBron has been playing every position this series and that includes guarding guys from Draymond, Speights, to guys like Curry and Thompson. There is no question Magic's 1980 game 6 was amazing but it was no where comparative in terms of pressure. Magic's team were up 3-2 and let's not act as if the Sixers had a legitimate center.

FlashBolt
06-14-2016, 12:48 PM
Well Kyrie actually has him in points barely and they're tied in steals but the rest is pretty impressive.

Ooops, yeah, you're right. I got that stat from the game yesterday. It was probably when James had 36 and Kyrie was still under 30 at that point.

MonroeFAN
06-14-2016, 12:56 PM
Na, because there is always game 4.... I could watch it and still laugh at it.

Are you a Net fan Lebron hater? That's unique.

DboneG
06-14-2016, 01:22 PM
It don't mean a thing if he don't get that ring.

LeBron has to win it all. Make one of the greatest, if not the greatest comebacks of all-time in order for me to give him accolades. He's lost too many Finals for me to give him special acknowledgment. I'm a big LeBron James fan! He's been making believers out of people since day one in the league. Coming into the league with a nickname like "King James" ....you know you are going to have guys coming at you hard. He's lived up to all expectations and exceeded many...except one.

His legacy is on the line big time here.

If LeBron don't repeat this performance or something like it, against Draymond Green...

Did the best defender have a chance of stopping MJ in the Finals?

If LeBron don't win it all....he's garbage. He's an all-time choker. As far as I'm concerned.

CHANGO
06-14-2016, 01:35 PM
LeBron has been playing every position this series and that includes guarding guys from Draymond, Speights, to guys like Curry and Thompson. There is no question Magic's 1980 game 6 was amazing but it was no where comparative in terms of pressure. Magic's team were up 3-2 and let's not act as if the Sixers had a legitimate center.

Exactly people are missing Lebron's versatility also. There were a couple of plays when Lebron told a Cavs teammate that was guarding Curry to switch, he ended pursuing Curry through screens and not letting him get the ball, same with Klay, then you add he guarded Iggy, Barnes, Liv, etc... And it shows his importance in terms of versatility.

CHANGO
06-14-2016, 01:36 PM
It don't mean a thing if he don't get that ring.

LeBron has to win it all. Make one of the greatest, if not the greatest comebacks of all-time in order for me to give him accolades. He's lost too many Finals for me to give him special acknowledgment. I'm a big LeBron James fan! He's been making believers out of people since day one in the league. Coming into the league with a nickname like "King James" ....you know you are going to have guys coming at you hard. He's lived up to all expectations and exceeded many...except one.

His legacy is on the line big time here.

If LeBron don't repeat this performance or something like it, against Draymond Green...

Did the best defender have a chance of stopping MJ in the Finals?

If LeBron don't win it all....he's garbage. He's an all-time choker. As far as I'm concerned.

You are a "Lebron fan" and yet, you still are the problem of today's generation. If ONE PLAYER can't win against ONE OF THE GREATEST TEAMS it means he choked? PLEASE, give me a break.

Vinylman
06-14-2016, 01:37 PM

LMFAO

Lebron against a depleted team in game 5 versus the Lakers missing their best player against Philly at full strength

on a side note it is hilarious how people can't maintain focus when discussing things on PSD... your lead comeback was the series... that has nothing to do with what I posted

DboneG
06-14-2016, 02:02 PM
You are a "Lebron fan" and yet, you still are the problem of today's generation. If ONE PLAYER can't win against ONE OF THE GREATEST TEAMS it means he choked? PLEASE, give me a break.

GS isn't a great team yet. As far as I'm concerned. They won ONE championship. They almost lost that one! LeBron almost beat them by himself last year. OKC should be in the Finals right now...so, how are they great? 73 wins?! That's regular season...that shyt don't count to me. GS are not great until they win 2 or 3 championships.
One championship just put you in the books...that's all. It don't make you great. AND YES IF ONE PLAYER CONTINUE TO LOSE IN THE FINALS THROUGHOUT HIS CAREER...He's garbage.

DboneG
06-14-2016, 02:03 PM
You can add Jerry West to the list.

valade16
06-14-2016, 02:13 PM
GS isn't a great team yet. As far as I'm concerned. They won ONE championship. They almost lost that one! LeBron almost beat them by himself last year. OKC should be in the Finals right now...so, how are they great? 73 wins?! That's regular season...that shyt don't count to me. GS are not great until they win 2 or 3 championships.
One championship just put you in the books...that's all. It don't make you great. AND YES IF ONE PLAYER CONTINUE TO LOSE IN THE FINALS THROUGHOUT HIS CAREER...He's garbage.

73 wins and a title in the same season is historically great. Winning back to back championships is historically great. These are the teams that have won back to back championships:

Bron's Heat
Kobe's Lakers
Shaq's Lakers
Jordan's Bulls
Hakeem's Rockets
Isiah's Pistons
Magic's Lakers
Russell's Celtics

They will be the 9th team to win back to back titles. They are a historically good team.

LA4life24/8
06-14-2016, 02:18 PM
It was a helluva game by james/Irving... highly impressive and they needed every bit of it from both of em. But it won't mean anything if they can't come back and win the series

Same thing on the other side though GS season was amazing and they set a new record for best season record, but If they don't win it all it won't mean jack.

LA4life24/8
06-14-2016, 02:20 PM
73 wins and a title in the same season is historically great. Winning back to back championships is historically great. These are the teams that have won back to back championships:

Bron's Heat
Kobe's Lakers
Shaq's Lakers
Jordan's Bulls
Hakeem's Rockets
Isiah's Pistons
Magic's Lakers
Russell's Celtics

They will be the 9th team to win back to back titles. They are a historically good team.

It's crazy that you can't put Duncan's spurs on that list, crazy I tell you!

DboneG
06-14-2016, 02:41 PM
Here's a list of losers. Why you think guys don't speak much on the great Elgin Baylor? Let me guess...lol

Most losses in NBA championships as a player:
W-L record -- Player name -- Championship year (* = won)
0-8 -- Elgin Baylor -- 59, 62, 63, 65, 66, 68, 69, 70
1-8 -- Jerry West -- 62, 63, 65, 66, 68, 69, 70, 72*, 73
0-5 -- Larry Foust -- 55, 56, 59, 60, 61
0-4 -- Max Zaslofsky -- 47, 51, 52, 55
0-4 -- Rudy LaRusso -- 62, 63, 65, 66
0-4 -- Steve Mix -- 77, 80, 82, 83
1-4 -- Keith Erickson -- 69, 70, 72*, 73, 76
2-4 -- Lebron James -- 07, 11, 12*, 13*, 14, 15
2-4 -- Wilt Chamberlain -- 64, 67*, 69, 70, 72*, 73
2-4 -- Mel Counts -- 65*, 66*, 68, 69, 70, 73
2-4 -- Danny Ainge -- 84*, 85, 86*, 87, 92, 93

DboneG
06-14-2016, 02:45 PM
GS isn't great yet in my book...back to back championships, or a three-peat. Then....let's talk about it and make comparisons.

valade16
06-14-2016, 02:53 PM
Here's a list of losers. Why you think guys don't speak much on the great Elgin Baylor? Let me guess...lol

Don't look now but a guy with the exact same Finals record is generally considered one of the 5 best players and perhaps the most dominant to ever play the sport...

GS isn't great yet in my book...back to back championships, or a three-peat. Then....let's talk about it and make comparisons.

So we'll be able to talk about their place in history on Thursday?

ManRam
06-14-2016, 02:59 PM

Because Elgin never won an MVP, Finals MVP, or a championship.

LeBron's only peer on that list is Wilt. I think he can live with being in the same company as Wilt.

europagnpilgrim
06-14-2016, 03:03 PM

Its ****ing insane

to me he ended the weak mentality way back in 07' ECF, and then reminded everyone again in 12' against C's facing elimination with similar numbers, and then now with this masterpiece of a show

they say the true legends and best players only have to remind people every blue moon since they do it on regular basis and distort the bar

sort of like Big Dipper did back in his laker days when they said he cant score big no more, then he would drop the 50 game hammer and go back to playing team ball

ManRam
06-14-2016, 04:17 PM
I've never thought his pass-first ways were mentally weak. That's who he is and always has been. More Magic than Jordan. The best passer in the league. A guy with an unmatched basketball IQ.

Fox had a nice piece on it.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-golden-state-warriors-finals-game-5-061416

Hawkeye15
06-14-2016, 04:21 PM
Havent seen a 40-15 in the Finals since Shaq. I think we finally have our vintage Bron game, was worried we would go the entire playoffs without one.

well, it helps that both Green, and Bogut were out (8 mins). Clear lane to the rim all night for LeBron

Redrum187
06-14-2016, 04:46 PM
What LeBron did last game was incredibly. Even if LeBron pulls a performance like this in the next 2 games, the Cavs still may lose. Either way, I am hoping the person leading the Finals in points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks gets the FMVP...

FlashBolt
06-14-2016, 05:05 PM
What LeBron did last game was incredibly. Even if LeBron pulls a performance like this in the next 2 games, the Cavs still may lose. Either way, I am hoping the person leading the Finals in points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks gets the FMVP...

It was my mistake. Kyrie actually leads the Finals in points total but LeBron leads in the rest. He's playing PG to Center and guarding Curry to Thompson to Draymond to Bogut. It's truly a weird thing to see a player practically lead every statistical category.

FlashBolt
06-14-2016, 05:11 PM
LMFAO

Lebron against a depleted team in game 5 versus the Lakers missing their best player against Philly at full strength

on a side note it is hilarious how people can't maintain focus when discussing things on PSD... your lead comeback was the series... that has nothing to do with what I posted

Depleted team? Draymond Green being out means that the Warriors were depleted? You act as if the Sixers had an amazing center. Chocolate Thunder was a weak rebounder and defender for the C position. Sixers were not an All-Time NBA great teams.. not even close. Warriors are a historically great team with the best NBA record.

LA4life24/8
06-14-2016, 05:15 PM

I would actually be okay with bron winning finals mvp even if they didn't win. He's the most valuable player on either team because without him the cavs wouldn't be here and the series would be over because the Warriors would have swept anyone else from the east.

FlashBolt
06-14-2016, 05:24 PM
I don't know how this process works. Do they still award the Finals MVP to the best player of the series who also happens to be on the losing team? If so, LeBron is the Finals MVP.

Best players of the series:

LeBron
Irving
Green
Thompson
Curry

Bostonjorge
06-14-2016, 06:25 PM
Irving has lead the Cavs in scoring for the entire playoffs. Every round and including the finals Irving has led the Cavs offense. So we can stop the whole Cavs got this far because of James. They got this far because of the name on front of James jersey.

I also give credit when it's do. James was amazing for the first 3 quarters on an elimination game.

bucketss
06-14-2016, 07:04 PM
Irving has lead the Cavs in scoring for the entire playoffs. Every round and including the finals Irving has led the Cavs offense. So we can stop the whole Cavs got this far because of James. They got this far because of the name on front of James jersey.

I also give credit when it's do. James was amazing for the first 3 quarters on an elimination game.

lmao thats not true, kyrie led in scoring in the first round and by 0.2 in the finals.

FlashBolt
06-14-2016, 08:16 PM

Irving is playing well but you are a hater to think he's done more for the team than James. He's less efficient, he's averaging just .2 points more, and James is leading his team in defense, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals.. Actually, he's leading this entire series in defense, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals.. Scoring is just one part of the game but coming from a Kobe fan like yourself, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

CHANGO
06-14-2016, 08:21 PM
I've never thought his pass-first ways were mentally weak. That's who he is and always has been. More Magic than Jordan. The best passer in the league. A guy with an unmatched basketball IQ.

Fox had a nice piece on it.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-golden-state-warriors-finals-game-5-061416

NO, don't say that. It's because he is mentally weak.

Seriously, I don't think there's a more stupid argument against Lebron than that.

It's like I said on another thread, I think he is intelligent and he knows when to do something and when to not. If he doesn't shoot like that is because; A) he doesn't have the shot, B) he thinks there are better options.

CHANGO
06-14-2016, 08:24 PM
I don't know how this process works. Do they still award the Finals MVP to the best player of the series who also happens to be on the losing team? If so, LeBron is the Finals MVP.

Best players of the series:

LeBron
Irving
Green
Thompson
Curry

That's not gonna happen. The case was better for Lebron on last year's Finals and it didn't happen. If that didn't happened on last time it will not happen now.

The only way I can see it is if Lebron have an AMAZING game 6 and Curry struggles alongside Green, then goes to the Oracle and have another AMAZING game while his team ends up losing and Curry struggles again. That's the only way I can see them giving it to Lebron.

valade16
06-14-2016, 08:25 PM

James led the Cavs in scoring in the 2nd rd (24 ppg to Kyrie's 21) and the ECF (26 ppg to Kyrie's 24).

For the post-season Bron is averaging 25.5 ppg to Kyrie's 25.3 ppg.

FlashBolt
06-14-2016, 08:44 PM
That's not gonna happen. The case was better for Lebron on last year's Finals and it didn't happen. If that didn't happened on last time it will not happen now.

The only way I can see it is if Lebron have an AMAZING game 6 and Curry struggles alongside Green, then goes to the Oracle and have another AMAZING game while his team ends up losing and Curry struggles again. That's the only way I can see them giving it to Lebron.

LeBron is actually playing much better than he was last NBA Finals. His numbers are more efficient as well. Meanwhile, there is no clear GSW Finals MVP player because they all have been just average. So we might be looking at the weakest Finals MVP winner if GSW wins and their player gets it. IMO, this has James written all over it. He should have won the last Finals MVP and this one as well. There's no question who the best player is... and he's definitely not in the Warriors.

FlashBolt
06-14-2016, 08:46 PM
James led the Cavs in scoring in the 2nd rd (24 ppg to Kyrie's 21) and the ECF (26 ppg to Kyrie's 24).

You would think there is more to NBA than scoring.. Just because Kyrie scores a few more points, doesn't change the fact that basketball is more than just about putting a ball through a hoop. Ask James Harden.. he'll tell you why.

basketfan4life
06-15-2016, 04:07 AM
James was great this, this is exactly why he gets a lot of criticism. We know he is this good when he is locked in and doesn't shy away from the moment. Great, great game.

Also for me, in this particular game, Kyrie was the best player on the floor. Unbelievable efficieny, and he was guarded really really well. Klay did all he could and it didn't matter.

KnicksorBust
06-16-2016, 08:06 AM
When Batman plays like Batman and Robin plays like Batman, it's natural to be more impressed by Robin.

omdigga
06-16-2016, 08:54 AM
When Batman plays like Batman and Robin plays like Batman, it's natural to be more impressed by Robin.

Deep, deep like the mind of Minolta.

Hawkeye15
06-16-2016, 10:11 AM

to be fair, LeBron is better in literally every other facet of the game as well...

Hawkeye15
06-16-2016, 10:11 AM

of course it is. LeBron had a better game, but Kyrie had one of his best games in these playoffs. So naturally he is getting extra credit, while LeBron is doing what is expected of him.

Tony_Starks
06-16-2016, 10:41 AM
James was great this, this is exactly why he gets a lot of criticism. We know he is this good when he is locked in and doesn't shy away from the moment. Great, great game.

Also for me, in this particular game, Kyrie was the best player on the floor. Unbelievable efficieny, and he was guarded really really well. Klay did all he could and it didn't matter.

Pretty much. Man on fire.

He was pretty locked in on defense too, I've noticed that his offense actually kick starts his defense when he is on. He's tied with Bron for leading the series in steals.