PDA

View Full Version : Noel/Oka Trade Talk

More-Than-Most
06-13-2016, 08:04 PM
http://www.christiantoday.com/article/nba.trade.rumors.sixers.nerlens.noel.heads.to.rock ets.jahlil.okafor.expected.to.be.traded.to.boston. celtics/88098.htm

Seems like its just a matter of time with all the rumors swirling... Oka per the rumors and report is the hottest commodity right now.. Per some of the rumors

According to CSN New England's Gary Tanguay, who has been following the NBA trade possibilities between the Celtics and the Sixers, the Celtics would not think twice and agree "in a minute" if the Sixers offered Okafor for number three draft pick.

Brian Windhorst of ESPN "SportsCenter" also believes that Okafor will be irresistible to the Celtics, who he believes will bite into the offer.

"The Sixers at No. 3 have a number of huge offers that they can take from teams that want to get in there and covet Jahlil Okafor very badly," Windhorst said.

"At the top of that list being the Boston Celtics who are willing to put together a mother lode to get into the spot," he went on to say.

The Celtics are allegedly prepared to trade Marcus Smart and the number three draft pick.

I told people Oka would be worth the 3 straight up and with all the rumors it seems like the case and then some.. Now there is reports of many offers to the sixers for Oka.... You cant put a price on size and potential in the NBA :D

More-Than-Most
06-13-2016, 08:05 PM
The new hot rumor is Eric Bledsoe from the suns.

42-15-7
06-13-2016, 08:38 PM
The new hot rumor is Eric Bledsoe from the suns.

Don't take Marcus Smart.

You'll be sorry.

hugepatsfan
06-13-2016, 08:39 PM
God Ainge please no.

hugepatsfan
06-13-2016, 08:42 PM
Gary Tanguay also believes that the player the Celtics had a deal for but the other team pulled out at the last minute (what was rumored to have happened with Okafor) was Anthony Davis so I'd take his reports with a grain of salt lol

jerellh528
06-13-2016, 08:49 PM
Sixers need to trade oak for the #3 and quit playin around. They'd have thier choice of any guard in the draft at that spot to pair with their already impressive stable of young talent which would likely include one of the NBA's next great players(Simmons)

FOXHOUND
06-13-2016, 08:49 PM
They shouldn't trade for Bledsoe, way too injury prone. Okafor for #3 is a no brainer for Boston, as this draft is weaker than last and if Okafor was coming out in this draft off his national championship season then he would be the #1 pick.

Marcus Smart? Meh, strong D but his offense just sucks. He's pretty much a bench player but Philly can use all of the talent that they can get.

hugepatsfan
06-13-2016, 08:52 PM
If BOS does #3/Smart I wouldn't be overly distressed because I don't think the #3 prospects are anything special and I don't think Smart is anything special himself even though he's going to be all NBA for a long time on defense (provided he's on a good team that gives him enough exposure to the masses) - his offense is that bad. I just don't think Okafor's game is ever going to fit on a winning team. We're seeing in the finals what happens when your bigs are completely inept at defending the P&R. Granted not every team is as good as GS but you don't have to be to expose Okafor. And on offense, while he has AMAZING, post ability he seems more of an ISO/post-up player than someone who would thrive in the ball movement offense I believe is most effective in today's NBA. #3/Smart wouldn't be something I'd be devastated to give up but Okafor isn't something that really excites me either.

hugepatsfan
06-13-2016, 08:53 PM
Sixers need to trade oak for the #3 and quit playin around. They'd have thier choice of any guard in the draft at that spot to pair with their already impressive stable of young talent which would likely include one of the NBA's next great players(Simmons)

Murray would be really good with them I think.

hugepatsfan
06-13-2016, 08:56 PM
They shouldn't trade for Bledsoe, way too injury prone. Okafor for #3 is a no brainer for Boston, as this draft is weaker than last and if Okafor was coming out in this draft off his national championship season then he would be the #1 pick.

Marcus Smart? Meh, strong D but his offense just sucks. He's pretty much a bench player but Philly can use all of the talent that they can get.

I wouldn't do it. Okafor is more talented for sure but his game isn't conducive to winning basketball. That's why PHI wants to move him over less talented players like Noel/Saric. Part of it is that they think they can get more because he's more talented but the reason why they don't want to keep that talent for themselves is because they know his game doesn't fit around winning pieces.

So yeah, Okafor is a better player than #3 individually but who cares if he doesn't play in a way that helps you win. I'd rather have the lesser talent whose games fits within a winning basketball concept like Murray or Hield. Even take a chance on raw players like Jaylen Brown/Marquese Chriss (not knowledgable enough about Bender) who could bust but if they do pan out actually can fit within a winning team concept.

FOXHOUND
06-13-2016, 09:06 PM
I wouldn't do it. Okafor is more talented for sure but his game isn't conducive to winning basketball. That's why PHI wants to move him over less talented players like Noel/Saric. Part of it is that they think they can get more because he's more talented but the reason why they don't want to keep that talent for themselves is because they know his game doesn't fit around winning pieces.

So yeah, Okafor is a better player than #3 individually but who cares if he doesn't play in a way that helps you win. I'd rather have the lesser talent whose games fits within a winning basketball concept like Murray or Hield. Even take a chance on raw players like Jaylen Brown/Marquese Chriss (not knowledgable enough about Bender) who could bust but if they do pan out actually can fit within a winning team concept.

I know college is college, but saying that you can't win with him when he won a National Championship while Ingram didn't reach the title game and Simmons didn't even qualify is kind of funny.

Right now, he is definitely a flawed player who has to seriously work on those issues. However, with a coach like Brad Stevens and the strong system play that Boston has I feel like they can both coach him up and cover his weaknesses. They just had the 4th best defense in the league with Jared Sullinger starting at C.

With a post player like Okafor, yes you have to construct your entire team around him. He won't hurt ball movement, he was a very good passer out of the post at Duke. He will create a ton of open threes when teams double him and will punish them when they don't. Against a team like GS or any team that tries to go too small, I mean that's just asking for a death sentence.

I know he had an ugly and uneven rookie season but Philly sucks and that roster is a complete mess. Stability goes a long way for young players and for a guy who is currently flawed like he is then it goes that much further. Philly was trying to play Okafor and Noel together and in the 2nd half they flipped it and had Okafor playing PF. I mean, how is he going to succeed like that? lol

hugepatsfan
06-13-2016, 09:15 PM
I know college is college, but saying that you can't win with him when he won a National Championship while Ingram didn't reach the title game and Simmons didn't even qualify is kind of funny.

Right now, he is definitely a flawed player who has to seriously work on those issues. However, with a coach like Brad Stevens and the strong system play that Boston has I feel like they can both coach him up and cover his weaknesses. They just had the 4th best defense in the league with Jared Sullinger starting at C.

With a post player like Okafor, yes you have to construct your entire team around him. He won't hurt ball movement, he was a very good passer out of the post at Duke. He will create a ton of open threes when teams double him and will punish them when they don't. Against a team like GS or any team that tries to go too small, I mean that's just asking for a death sentence.

I know he had an ugly and uneven rookie season but Philly sucks and that roster is a complete mess. Stability goes a long way for young players and for a guy who is currently flawed like he is then it goes that much further. Philly was trying to play Okafor and Noel together and in the 2nd half they flipped it and had Okafor playing PF. I mean, how is he going to succeed like that? lol

BOS had the 4th best defense over the regular season but got embarrassed inside in the playoffs. The lack of rim protection got exposed. Stevens is that good of a coach where over a long season with teams not scouting as in depth and getting tired he can coach the team up to metrics they don't have the talent for. But in the playoffs you get exposed and that's what happened. BOS didn't look like a 4th ranked defensive team. And if you argue that it's because Bradley was out then losing Smart (or Bradley if he's in the deal instead) would be the same thing.

We'd be setting ourselves up for the same type of embarrassment on defense again.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2016, 09:18 PM
Don't take Marcus Smart.

You'll be sorry.

i hate him.... i want the 3 pick but not smart lol

smart would be a really good defensive guy off the bench though. he def has value esp on a sixers team going forward

Id rather the number 3 and a future first for oka.

FOXHOUND
06-13-2016, 09:25 PM
BOS had the 4th best defense over the regular season but got embarrassed inside in the playoffs. The lack of rim protection got exposed. Stevens is that good of a coach where over a long season with teams not scouting as in depth and getting tired he can coach the team up to metrics they don't have the talent for. But in the playoffs you get exposed and that's what happened. BOS didn't look like a 4th ranked defensive team. And if you argue that it's because Bradley was out then losing Smart (or Bradley if he's in the deal instead) would be the same thing.

We'd be setting ourselves up for the same type of embarrassment on defense again.

I wouldn't argue that about Bradley/Smart. I would argue that replacing a 6'9, short armed, nonathletic slug like Sullinger with a 6'11 player who has a 7'6 wingspan and good feet is a big upgrade inside. Okafor may never challenge for DPOY but he has the tools to do the job and I think Stevens can coach him up to be at least respectable at it.

hugepatsfan
06-13-2016, 09:30 PM
i hate him.... i want the 3 pick but not smart lol

smart would be a really good defensive guy off the bench though. he def has value esp on a sixers team going forward

Id rather the number 3 and a future first for oka.

I think you guys would be smarter pushing for Bradley over Smart if you're getting one of them with #3.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2016, 09:36 PM
I think you guys would be smarter pushing for Bradley over Smart if you're getting one of them with #3.

yup agreed.

hugepatsfan
06-13-2016, 09:37 PM
I wouldn't argue that about Bradley/Smart. I would argue that replacing a 6'9, short armed, nonathletic slug like Sullinger with a 6'11 player who has a 7'6 wingspan and good feet is a big upgrade inside. Okafor may never challenge for DPOY but he has the tools to do the job and I think Stevens can coach him up to be at least respectable at it.

I agree that Stevens could coach Okafor up to some degree up but Sulinger, as fat and unathletic as he is, isn't a bad defender because he has a great basketball IQ. He's just, like you said, a fat unathletic slug but he's always been a smart player. His conditioning is just poor but his BB instincts/IQ are pretty solid.

Okafor just doesn't seem to get it. He's completely lost on D. You can teach a guy physical techniques but if a guy doesn't have the instincts that's really hard to learn.

FOXHOUND
06-13-2016, 09:43 PM
I agree that Stevens could coach Okafor up to some degree up but Sulinger, as fat and unathletic as he is, isn't a bad defender because he has a great basketball IQ. He's just, like you said, a fat unathletic slug but he's always been a smart player. His conditioning is just poor but his BB instincts/IQ are pretty solid.

Okafor just doesn't seem to get it. He's completely lost on D. You can teach a guy physical techniques but if a guy doesn't have the instincts that's really hard to learn.

These are good points, my friend. Gotta remember that Okafor is just 20, though. I would take my chances and reap the dominant offensive rewards of his ceiling, if I was Boston.

hugepatsfan
06-13-2016, 09:53 PM
These are good points, my friend. Gotta remember that Okafor is just 20, though. I would take my chances and reap the dominant offensive rewards of his ceiling, if I was Boston.

This is very fair. Like I said earlier, I won't cry about giving up Smart/#3. I don't think that's some sort of "godfather" type package. Okafor is hugely talented offensively. I think he can be coached into playing good team ball on that side. Defensively, I'm not that optimistic. But it's not a chance I'd be disgusted with us taking.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 09:59 PM
#3 or #3 and Marcus Smart is still not what Sixers fans were saying they'd get for Okafor.

I'll believe it when I see it ... if I was a Celtics fan I'd be pissed if the team traded the supposedly expected #3, Bradley, and Smart, let alone #3 and Smart.

Let's see what happens ... the clock is definitely ticking.

jerellh528
06-13-2016, 10:55 PM
Don't see why ppl don't like smart, he's a fine young player. Philly should be very lucky to aquire 3 and smart for okafor. I think Boston shouldnt give up more than the 3 by itself. Philly is the one in need of a trade more than anyone, they shouldn't be the ones dictating the terms

SeoulBeatz
06-13-2016, 11:24 PM
#3 or #3 and Marcus Smart is still not what Sixers fans were saying they'd get for Okafor.

I'll believe it when I see it ... if I was a Celtics fan I'd be pissed if the team traded the supposedly expected #3, Bradley, and Smart, let alone #3 and Smart.

What were we saying we'd get for Okafor? I think the most ridiculous trade I saw was knight and 4 for Oak but I don't recall sixers fans throwing out that many outlandish trades.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2016, 11:54 PM

no we were all saying the 3 and people were saying no way youd get the 3 for oka underrating him as usual... When you factor in this draft compared to last years with it being top 2 heavy and the fact OKA is on a friendly rookie contract and showed insane promise on a horrid sixers team playing in a situation that did not help him he is worth more than the 3.

warfelg
06-14-2016, 05:59 AM
What were we saying we'd get for Okafor? I think the most ridiculous trade I saw was knight and 4 for Oak but I don't recall sixers fans throwing out that many outlandish trades.

I was gonna say, 3/smart, 3/Bradely, 3/16 is what most of us have been asking for and we were getting told we would be lucky to get 3 alone or one of those guys + 16.

TheDish87
06-14-2016, 09:16 AM
lol seriously linked an article from christian daily??? Anyway it would be great for Boston but not so much for the Sixers if you ask me.

hugepatsfan
06-14-2016, 09:39 AM
I was gonna say, 3/smart, 3/Bradely, 3/16 is what most of us have been asking for and we were getting told we would be lucky to get 3 alone or one of those guys + 16.

From my experience posting on your forum opinion is split on #3 and Smart or Bradley. Half think it's good, half think not enough.

You've insisted consistently from what I've seen that it should be #3, Crowder and then Smart or Bradley. You guys also chipping in #24, which honestly is a nothing piece.

warfelg
06-14-2016, 09:42 AM
From my experience posting on your forum opinion is split on #3 and Smart or Bradley. Half think it's good, half think not enough.

You've insisted consistently from what I've seen that it should be #3, Crowder and then Smart or Bradley. You guys also chipping in #24, which honestly is a nothing piece.

It was. It's settled on 3/Smart 3/Bradley 3/16 for the most part. There's a little discussion as to what the best extra is. Yes I would try to get Crowder too by adding to the package but because he's incredibly underrated, and Ainge knows it, it's unlikely to happen. So I've come around to keeping 24, packaging 24/26 to jump up a little and taking Crowders younger version in Prince.

theducksmuggler
06-14-2016, 10:12 AM

If my 76ers somehow got the #3 and Jae Crowder and his amazing 4 year/$28 million dollar contract :) I would be beyond ecstatic but I dont think Ainge would be willing give up the #3 and Crowder for just Okafor and the Celtics really dont need more draft picks but say a core of Simmons, Noel, #3 pick, Crowder, Embiid, Saric, 2017 Lakers top 3 protected pick, Rights to swap with the Kings next year. But I HIGHLY doubt they can get both of those for just Okafor 76ers would have to throw in most likely Covington who I really like also on a GREAT contract with the salary cap rising.

hugepatsfan
06-14-2016, 10:19 AM
It was. It's settled on 3/Smart 3/Bradley 3/16 for the most part. There's a little discussion as to what the best extra is. Yes I would try to get Crowder too by adding to the package but because he's incredibly underrated, and Ainge knows it, it's unlikely to happen. So I've come around to keeping 24, packaging 24/26 to jump up a little and taking Crowders younger version in Prince.

I think the hierarchy of those 3 offers is clear. Best is #3/Bradley. 2nd best is #3/Smart. Not even on the map is #3/#16. I'm not the biggest smart supporter in the world but he's EASILY more valuable than #16. For comparison, I wouldn't even CONSIDER trading him for #15. And I like Bradley even better.

I think you guys should take that offer off the table.

warfelg
06-14-2016, 10:39 AM
I think the hierarchy of those 3 offers is clear. Best is #3/Bradley. 2nd best is #3/Smart. Not even on the map is #3/#16. I'm not the biggest smart supporter in the world but he's EASILY more valuable than #16. For comparison, I wouldn't even CONSIDER trading him for #15. And I like Bradley even better.

I think you guys should take that offer off the table.

Lol it's not up to Colangelo (or us) to say "oh wait that's too much value, offer us less!" Lol that's on Ainge and if he thinks it's fair value.

Could Colangelo ask it and Ainge say pass? Sure. But lol, if Ainge puts it on the table as part of a best offer, then it's on the table.

hugepatsfan
06-14-2016, 10:59 AM
Lol it's not up to Colangelo (or us) to say "oh wait that's too much value, offer us less!" Lol that's on Ainge and if he thinks it's fair value.

Could Colangelo ask it and Ainge say pass? Sure. But lol, if Ainge puts it on the table as part of a best offer, then it's on the table.

No I get that. You were just saying that there was a debate in your forum about which extra was best extra to get with #3 was. I'm just saying that if the choices are Smart, Bradley, #16 I don't think there should be any debate about the order. Bradley/Smart/#16 is clear order of those IMO. I could see an argument for Smart over Bradley but #16 isn't as good a piece as either.

Obviously if that's the best offer on the table then you'd have to take it. I'm just saying I don't think anyone could reasonably argue that they'd prefer to get #16 over Bradley/Smart. You made it sound like there were some people arguing for that.

xxplayerxx23
06-14-2016, 11:13 AM
Teague for Noel (meh move just the rumor a couple weeks ago)
Oak for 3 flip 3 for jimmy butler

Mmmmmm

HouRealCoach
06-14-2016, 11:15 AM
If they get Simmons and Dunn along with Smart, they will have a nice little core

hugepatsfan
06-14-2016, 11:23 AM
If I'm PHI I try for...

Noel to BOS for #3

#3, Okafor, future first rounder to CHI for Butler, #14

#14 to ATL for Teague.

Sign a guy like Kent Bazemore in FA and then a rotational center and wing.

Teague/Smith
Butler
Bazemore/Covington
Simmons/Saric
Embiid/FA signing

Gets the ball rolling on some improvement and they still have great future flexibility to build around apotential "Big 3" of Butler/Simmons/Embiid. to go with solid role players in Teague, Bazemore, Covington, Saric.

KnicksorBust
06-14-2016, 11:38 AM
I told people Oka would be worth the 3 straight up and with all the rumors it seems like the case and then some.. Now there is reports of many offers to the sixers for Oka.... You cant put a price on size and potential in the NBA :D

Do you really feel like a rumor from christiantoday makes you look good?

KnicksorBust
06-14-2016, 11:43 AM
Celtics no longer interested in Okafor

Source: JewDaily

rhymeratic
06-14-2016, 12:11 PM
See to me if Sixers are willing to deal Okafor, that means Embiid is ready and likely the better player so I'd be asking for Embiid and not Okafor.

I just get this odd feeling that Embiid is going to be a beast.

TheDish87
06-14-2016, 12:47 PM
If I'm PHI I try for...

Noel to BOS for #3

#14 to ATL for Teague.

Teague/Smith
Butler
Bazemore/Covington
Simmons/Saric
Embiid/FA signing

Gets the ball rolling on some improvement and they still have great future flexibility to build around apotential "Big 3" of Butler/Simmons/Embiid. to go with solid role players in Teague, Bazemore, Covington, Saric.

Cant trade for Teague after the injury news.

hugepatsfan
06-14-2016, 01:24 PM
Cant trade for Teague after the injury news.

Oh. I wasn't aware there was even an issue. Yeah that puts an end to those talks if he's hurt.

I still think the overall scenario is a good idea. Maybe a player like Wade Baldwin at #14?

TheNumber37
06-14-2016, 01:30 PM
Okafor for Jeff Teague.

TheDish87
06-14-2016, 01:46 PM
Okafor for Jeff Teague.

lol no

FOXHOUND
06-14-2016, 03:13 PM
Do you really feel like a rumor from christiantoday makes you look good?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jesus is my source. God is my witness.

SeoulBeatz
06-14-2016, 03:25 PM
If I'm PHI I try for...

Noel to BOS for #3

#14 to ATL for Teague.

Teague/Smith
Butler
Bazemore/Covington
Simmons/Saric
Embiid/FA signing

Pipe dream but I like it.

I would be all over Okafor and future 1st for Butler, but I doubt Chicago accepts.

These trade rumors about #5 from Minny for Butler are absurd btw, he is worth so much more than that.

More-Than-Most
06-14-2016, 07:11 PM

:laugh:

KingstonHawke
06-15-2016, 05:05 AM
If I'm the 76ers GM I'm sending Okafor to the Lakers for the #2, sending the #1 to the Celtics for the #3 and Smart, and I'm sending Noel to the Wolves for the #5. Then I'm drafting Ingram, Hield, Labissiere, and overpaying for Harrison Barnes in FA.

End up with Smart, Hield, Barnes, Ingram, Embiid as your starting lineup with Labissiere and Saric running that second unit. You have defense, shooting, scoring, and everyone's young and relatively cheap to make up for over paying Barnes. Don't sleep on Labissiere btw, he could end up being the best player in this draft with time.

MTar786
06-15-2016, 06:10 AM
how about randle and clarkson for okafor..? c'mon guys :)

PhillyFaninLA
06-15-2016, 06:38 AM
I said in another topic a while ago that while I don't want to trade Noel, my dream draft day is:

Simmons (I'm more of an Ingram fan but Simmons upside and skill set with the rest of this post makes him the better choice).
Trade both Noel and Okafer and land picks 3 and 4. While we might get lesser players than we have, we get a better long term foundation. If Emibiid is healthy (which we cannot count on but if, then trading both hurts us that much less).

We end up with Simmons, Murray, and Dunn. Whether Saric comes over this year or next we end up with a starting 5 of

Dunn, Murray, Saric, Simmons, Embiid.....worst case scenario we end up with a starting 5 of Dunn, Murray, tbd (Saric stays over), Simmons, tbd (due to injuries) and that is still considerably better than what we had/have. I do believe that Dunn can score more efficiently and selectively than he did in college but give us a shut down defender, Murray can score but I think he can improve is overall game, Simmons I think will be able to become a solid shooter but not elite and be able to use his size and athleticism to get his points but be a very good defender, passer, and rebounder.

Dunn, Murray, and Simmons are a long term core that could work together, and if Saric and Embiid work out as well than we could be in great shape.

PhillyFaninLA
06-15-2016, 06:39 AM
how about randle and clarkson for okafor..? c'mon guys :)

How about the rights to your pick just in case its out of the top 3 next year, the right to swap picks with the Kings next year (just in case), 24 and 26 but we also get 2.

MTar786
06-15-2016, 06:46 AM
How about the rights to your pick just in case its out of the top 3 next year, the right to swap picks with the Kings next year (just in case), 24 and 26 but we also get 2.

randle, clarkson and we'll throw in nick young lol

More-Than-Most
06-15-2016, 06:56 AM
If I'm the 76ers GM I'm sending Okafor to the Lakers for the #2, sending the #1 to the Celtics for the #3 and Smart, and I'm sending Noel to the Wolves for the #5. Then I'm drafting Ingram, Hield, Labissiere, and overpaying for Harrison Barnes in FA.

End up with Smart, Hield, Barnes, Ingram, Embiid as your starting lineup with Labissiere and Saric running that second unit. You have defense, shooting, scoring, and everyone's young and relatively cheap to make up for over paying Barnes. Don't sleep on Labissiere btw, he could end up being the best player in this draft with time.

why would we do this when we could just draft ingram with the 1 and trade oka to the celtics for both the 3 and smart? O.o ... smart is not worth being able to move up for the 3 to the 1 spot in a 2 player top heavy draft sorry.

warfelg
06-15-2016, 07:51 AM

:laugh:

NOW I've seen it all...

TheDish87
06-15-2016, 08:47 AM

what the ****?

TheDish87
06-15-2016, 08:49 AM
I said in another topic a while ago that while I don't want to trade Noel, my dream draft day is:

Simmons (I'm more of an Ingram fan but Simmons upside and skill set with the rest of this post makes him the better choice).
Trade both Noel and Okafer and land picks 3 and 4. While we might get lesser players than we have, we get a better long term foundation. If Emibiid is healthy (which we cannot count on but if, then trading both hurts us that much less).

We end up with Simmons, Murray, and Dunn. Whether Saric comes over this year or next we end up with a starting 5 of

Dunn, Murray, Saric, Simmons, Embiid.....worst case scenario we end up with a starting 5 of Dunn, Murray, tbd (Saric stays over), Simmons, tbd (due to injuries) and that is still considerably better than what we had/have. I do believe that Dunn can score more efficiently and selectively than he did in college but give us a shut down defender, Murray can score but I think he can improve is overall game, Simmons I think will be able to become a solid shooter but not elite and be able to use his size and athleticism to get his points but be a very good defender, passer, and rebounder.

Dunn, Murray, and Simmons are a long term core that could work together, and if Saric and Embiid work out as well than we could be in great shape.

unnecessary moves. what happens if Embiid gets hurt, then what? You dnnt buy into a single draft like that

PhillyFaninLA
06-15-2016, 09:55 AM
unnecessary moves. what happens if Embiid gets hurt, then what? You dnnt buy into a single draft like that

I'm buying into a potentially very good core, and I specifically mention both Embiid and Saric in my post, so you can see that if you read it before commenting.

My point is worst case scenario we end up building around Dunn, Murray, and Simmons, which based on skill set could probably play well together.

Go back and read the entire post you commented on, and you will see me specifically addressing the possibility of Embiid not being able to play. Try not to be ignorant, I explained myself in what you quoted.

TheDish87
06-15-2016, 10:16 AM
i read it all. you wanna trade more established and likley more talented players for rookies. you didnt realize address all you said was if hes healthy and that line right there should have made you re-think the entire idea.

PhillyFaninLA
06-15-2016, 11:08 AM
i read it all. you wanna trade more established and likley more talented players for rookies. you didnt realize address all you said was if hes healthy and that line right there should have made you re-think the entire idea.

You are clearly didn't read what I said the first time or go back and reread it before posting this.

You are not worth my time, if you want to not be ignorant than that is one thing, but you want to be right and not correct.

I don't care about people agreeing or disagreeing with anything I say, I care about them taking the time to actually understand what they read or claim to read and not misrepresent what I said or contradict what they previously said.

I will not waste my time replying to you again after this.

warfelg
06-15-2016, 11:35 AM
You are clearly didn't read what I said the first time or go back and reread it before posting this.

You are not worth my time, if you want to not be ignorant than that is one thing, but you want to be right and not correct.

I don't care about people agreeing or disagreeing with anything I say, I care about them taking the time to actually understand what they read or claim to read and not misrepresent what I said or contradict what they previously said.

I read it too and it does seem like unnecessary moves.

As much as I love Embiid, one of Noel or Okafor needs to stay in case Embiid never plays.

And no that's bad to trade better players for worse players for another core? What if you take Hield or Murray and their skills don't translate? You set yourself back. And then Embiid can either busy or not stay healthy. You put all your eggs in a basket that's made of wet paper towels.

No you keep Noel. Move Okafor for another top 5 pick. Sign a respected guy to be your shooting 2 guy.

Dunn
FA shooter (Crabbe/Fournier/Beal)
Covington
Simmons
Noel/Embiid

Your core is Dunn/Simmons/Noel/Embiid. Plus having an extra really skilled defensive big never hurts.

smith&wesson
06-15-2016, 11:39 AM
what the ****?

funny thing is I can see bryan colangelo do something like that lol

TheDish87
06-15-2016, 11:47 AM

christ dude stop getting so upset over someone disagreeing wit your bad ideas. its not that serious and you do it to anyone who doesnt agree with you.

hugepatsfan
06-15-2016, 11:50 AM
PHI fans... do you guys like Dunn or Murray better? I think Murray fits a lot better with Simmons.

smith&wesson
06-15-2016, 12:20 PM
christ dude stop getting so upset over someone disagreeing wit your bad ideas. its not that serious and you do it to anyone who doesnt agree with you.

that poster is like that with everyone that doesn't agree with him... #blocklist

sixer04fan
06-15-2016, 01:26 PM
PHI fans... do you guys like Dunn or Murray better? I think Murray fits a lot better with Simmons.

Murray slightly more and agree. But like both

TheDish87
06-15-2016, 01:28 PM

personally i prefer Dunn and Heild over Murray but woulsnt be mad with him as they are all pretty damn close. Dunn would work just fine with Simmons, we touched on that today in our forum actually. Dunn brings the highest 2 way potential of the 3 and fills a position of need.

warfelg
06-15-2016, 02:27 PM

I did a post about this in the Sixers forum about how the offense could work with Smmons and Dunn. Personally the closer we get to the draft the less I like Murray (limited athleticism, low release, slow release, poor defense) and the more I like Dunn.

tp13baby
06-15-2016, 02:34 PM
I did a post about this in the Sixers forum about how the offense could work with Smmons and Dunn. Personally the closer we get to the draft the less I like Murray (limited athleticism, low release, slow release, poor defense) and the more I like Dunn.

I like Dunn, but hopefully he is picked before he reaches Denver. Denver won't pick him and his skill set doesn't necessarily make our weaknesses better.

As for Philly, you can build a team with all this potential but the culture has to change.

Stunner
06-15-2016, 02:47 PM

Me too

TheDish87
06-15-2016, 02:49 PM
how is our culture any worse than what the Cavs were while James was gone? We are 5 years removed from game 7 of the ECF and thats a lot more than teams like Denver, NY, LAL, BK, SAC, Utah, and so on can say. Hows that winning culture in Atlanta working out? Im not sure how things will go with the new FO but what most dont realize is that a family culture is/was being built under Hinkie and I hope that remains going forward.

Alayla
06-15-2016, 05:41 PM
how is our culture any worse than what the Cavs were while James was gone? We are 5 years removed from game 7 of the ECF and thats a lot more than teams like Denver, NY, LAL, BK, SAC, Utah, and so on can say. Hows that winning culture in Atlanta working out? Im not sure how things will go with the new FO but what most dont realize is that a family culture is/was being built under Hinkie and I hope that remains going forward.

You mean game 7 of Eastern conference semis big difference.

TheDish87
06-16-2016, 08:48 AM
You mean game 7 of Eastern conference semis big difference.

yea my bad but no not really all that big of a difference with comparison i made. thats why no one responded, losing is losing it doesnt matter if its 10 wins with a d league team or 30 wins with a so called superstar. I stand by that our 'losing culture' is no worse than about half the leagues. It takes that one franchise players to change the culture and it can happen overnight.

theducksmuggler
06-16-2016, 10:18 AM
Posted this in the Jimmy Butler forum thought id post it here also :)

76ers receive Andrew Wiggins
Bulls receive Jahlil Okafor and the #5 pick
TimberWolves receive Jimmy Butler and #24 pick

What does everything of this 3 team trade involving the Bulls, 76ers, TimberWolves that I personally think everyone would leave the table pretty happy. The 76ers get a young scoring guard the 76ers have coveted greatly and get rid of their problem of to many centers at the same time. The Bulls get a young promising offensive Big man they need after losing Noah/Pau most likely and they get the #5 pick and grab the BPA to match with Okafor and they would still have the #14 pick to work with. The Timberwolves are the only ones that may have an issue giving up Wiggins but it all depends if they really LOVE Butler with Thibs for the next 3 years they may want more from say the 76ers say maybe a Nik Stauskus or the #26 pick. Overall i think this is a pretty interesting trade.

Alayla
06-16-2016, 10:21 AM

What does everything of this 3 team trade involving the Bulls, 76ers, TimberWolves that I personally think everyone would leave the table pretty happy. The 76ers get a young scoring guard the 76ers have coveted greatly and get rid of their problem of to many centers at the same time. The Bulls get a young promising offensive Big man they need after losing Noah/Pau most likely and they get the #5 pick and grab the BPA to match with Okafor and they would still have the #14 pick to work with. The Timberwolves are the only ones that may have an issue giving up Wiggins but it all depends if they really LOVE Butler with Thibs for the next 3 years they may want more from say the 76ers say maybe a Nik Stauskus or the #26 pick. Overall i think this is a pretty interesting trade.

I love it and that likely means my 76ers are coming out with to much for to little and its unlikely to happen.

hugepatsfan
06-16-2016, 10:23 AM
No need for the 76ers to get involved. CHI would keep Wiggins for themselves. Okafor isn't even close to as valuable as he is.

#24 isn't a very good asset (no late 1st is) so I doubt it makes much of a difference to CHI. If it really did I bet CHI would include #14 if they had to in order to build around Dunn/Wiggins.

TheDish87
06-16-2016, 10:30 AM

hah are you part of the old Trust the process twitter or just took this from them?

there is no reason for Minny to trade Wiggins for Butler, thats not smart at all. Wiggins should not be dealt and certainly not straight up for Butler just bcuz it seems fair on paper.

jdgyju
06-16-2016, 11:45 AM
Marcus Smart? Meh, strong D but his offense just sucks. He's pretty much a bench player but Philly can use all of the talent that they can get.http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/6.gif
http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/4.gif http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/10.gif

PhillyFaninLA
06-17-2016, 06:03 AM
that poster is like that with everyone that doesn't agree with him... #blocklist

That just isn't true...I'm not denying how I get at times on this site....its not ever aimed at those that disagree, its aimed at those that are not reading a post, not understanding a post, and to people being unwilling to understand someones point before running there mouth.

Its never about agree or disagree....you can go through my post history and see many occasion of me going back and forth in a respectful way with someone that disagrees.

theducksmuggler
06-18-2016, 05:56 PM
Different 3 way trade i came up with I think a littler more fair all around(posted in 76ers forum thought id post it here also)

76ers OUT Jahlil Okafor+Nerlens Noel IN Derrick Rose+#2 pick
Bulls OUT Derrick Rose+Jimmy Butler IN Julius Randle+D'Angelo Russell+Nerlens Noel
Lakers OUT Julius Randle+D'Angelo Russell+#2 pick IN Jimmy Butler+Jahlil Okafor

I think some picks and other smaller players would probably be involved but my personal opinion is that everyone pretty much wins this trade and gets what they want to restart their specific franchise. 76ers may seem to be giving up a lot with Noel and Okafor getting traded but if they want to get the #2 pick it will take a lot and we would be also getting a once dominant PG in Rose for a year if healthy could be a sneaky pickup Rose, FA, Ingram, Simmons, Embiid future is pretty damn nice. Bulls do it because they get rid of Roses contract and Butler seems to be a bad locker room guy so they may be looking to move him and with this move you move to older guys for 3 up and coming young guys that fit pretty nicely well saving a ton of money Russell, Randle, Noel young core is pretty nice. The Lakers might be giving up alot but i think its gonna take a lot more then we think to get Butler a top 10 player and will be getting a young offensive stud on top of that who are locked up for 3 years each on good contracts that will give them plenty of room to add FAs around Butler, Okafor and say Clarkson. What does everyone think?

warfelg
06-18-2016, 06:46 PM
That trade makes me want to vomit. And that's being nice about it.

theducksmuggler
06-18-2016, 08:32 PM
That trade makes me want to vomit. And that's being nice about it.

I know you hate Rose Im not a huge fan but I was thinking other players and picks would be involved including us possibly getting say the #14 pick also or future picks, what would have to be added to make you like it?

More-Than-Most
06-18-2016, 09:00 PM
The only way I want rose is if we rape the bulls... Like literally get a haul for rose.... He is a **** player who is paid like a star that I want no parts of.... Id rather have TJ MConnell and ish smith

More-Than-Most
06-18-2016, 09:05 PM
If kevin love is actually available that might kill the value of Oka/Noel because they could get love for peanuts basically.

theducksmuggler
06-19-2016, 09:35 AM
If kevin love is actually available that might kill the value of Oka/Noel because they could get love for peanuts basically.

Do you really think people around the league see the same way after this year? 28 year old who averaged 32mpg 16 ppg 10 rpg who has regressed the last 2 years gettting paid $23 million the next 4 years is the player GMs would rather have say over Okafor 20 years old who averaged 30 mpg 17.5 ppg 7rpg his rookie year and getting paid $5 million the next 3 years. If anything I think Loves contract and age might actually push Okafors value you up because his skills and contract are FARRR better then Kevin Loves. Noel i agree with because youll have to pay Noel a decent contract after next year so that debate makes sense do you take Love at $23 mil or trade for Noel then sign him to a say $15-$20 mil a year contract depending after his play next year. Love could make the trades before the draft very interesting if say Cavs lose.

othhe06
06-19-2016, 11:17 AM
The new hot rumor is Eric Bledsoe from the sunshttp://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/6.gif
http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/4.gif http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/22.gif