PDA

View Full Version : LeBron lovers not welcome

Scoots
06-13-2016, 10:27 AM
So, I've been a fan of LeBron since before he was in the league. I'm not one to follow the gossip around the game or what even the talking heads are saying as I'd rather just watch the games.

That said, I now have a much better understanding of why people hate LeBron.

The things that changed me:

1. Flopping
2. Picking fights with Green and Curry
3. Lying to the league
4. Getting the Cavs to campaign to suspend Green
5. Saying in a press conference "I've tried to take the high road for 13 years"
6. #5 lead me to look into LeBron and passive aggressiveness and OH MY GOD WHAT A F-ING TOOL! He's a total *** with this stuff. My favorite other than the 13 years comment was that after a game where he was played at a power position (with the Heat) he tweeted a picture of himself in an ice bath and called out his team and his coach like they made him play too hard and do too much work. Ugh.

So ... what other crap things has LeBron done that I can add to my reasons to dislike the man?

He's still an incredible ball player, but what a total tool.

p.s. I am a long time 49ers fan, and I was lucky enough to work across the street from the team HQ in the 80s and met all the stars multiple times. Jerry Rice was the biggest jerk, but I was still a fan of the player, just not the man. I can still respect what LeBron can do, but I can't ignore the man he actually is.

ewing
06-13-2016, 10:32 AM
He nicknamed himself King James as a 17 year old HS student. he actually brought King James T Shirts to a basketball camp as a HS student. He then starting call us all "witnesses".... its never been good.

ewing
06-13-2016, 10:34 AM
Oh and he is scared to shoot. I'll take a John Starks attitude over that ***** **** everyday

Pfeifer
06-13-2016, 10:44 AM
The decision, running off the courtband not shaking hands after a loss. Hes an all time grrat but his attitude and mental toughness cripple him at times. He has more in common with Howard than MJ or Kobe.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 10:51 AM
Oh and he is scared to shoot. I'll take a John Starks attitude over that ***** **** everyday

John Starks another fearless shooting SG who came into the NBA by way of the Warriors :)

I loved Starks ... he would pick a fight with Oak and believe he could win right up until he woke up in the hospital ... and then he'd believe he'd win the next fight with Oak :)

Scoots
06-13-2016, 10:52 AM
See what I missed by not paying attention to the BS around the game? I didn't know he named himself King James ... and "witnesses"? Yikes.

Didn't Kobe name himself Black Mamba?

Scoots
06-13-2016, 10:54 AM
The decision, running off the courtband not shaking hands after a loss. Hes an all time grrat but his attitude and mental toughness cripple him at times. He has more in common with Howard than MJ or Kobe.

When did he run off without shaking hands?

tp13baby
06-13-2016, 10:57 AM
So, I've been a fan of LeBron since before he was in the league. I'm not one to follow the gossip around the game or what even the talking heads are saying as I'd rather just watch the games.

1. Flopping
3. Lying to the league
6. #5 lead me to look into LeBron and passive aggressiveness and OH MY GOD WHAT A F-ING TOOL! He's a total *** with this stuff. My favorite other than the 13 years comment was that after a game where he was played at a power position (with the Heat) he tweeted a picture of himself in an ice bath and called out his team and his coach like they made him play too hard and do too much work. Ugh.

So ... what other crap things has LeBron done that I can add to my reasons to dislike the man?

p.s. I am a long time 49ers fan, and I was lucky enough to work across the street from the team HQ in the 80s and met all the stars multiple times. Jerry Rice was the biggest jerk, but I was still a fan of the player, just not the man. I can still respect what LeBron can do, but I can't ignore the man he actually is.

I think Green picks his own fights. In no way do I like Lebron, but Green plays with that fire and intensity that gets under people skin. Curry I have noticed has been in peoples faces a lot. I really like the attitude of GS. Pretty much **** this best friend ****, we are here to show we are the best. The NBA is to much personal relationships and it has gotten old. I really respect GS and actually appreciate them more after this finals.

PS came in hoping Lebron would add to his legacy, now I want GS to become a dynasty (until Denver gets better ;) )

ewing
06-13-2016, 10:57 AM
See what I missed by not paying attention to the BS around the game? I didn't know he named himself King James ... and "witnesses"? Yikes.

i believe Kobe did nickname himself that but at least he was somebody at that point. James was a high school kid at ABCD basketball camp and he was marketing himself and making up stupid names for himself like a total tool already.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 11:07 AM
Found more

- his letter to Cleveland didn't mention Wiggins because he was working to trade him.

- Threw Blatt under the bus (which others have certainly done too), but what's more he told the media directly that he was changing his coaches calls.

- Can't admit his hairline is receding

- He called himself the best player

- Has actually pushed both of his previous coaches around on the sideline

- "All the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal, but they have to get back to the real world at some point."

I have decided to take my talent for hate to the South Bay and direct it at LeBron.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 11:08 AM
I think Green picks his own fights. In no way do I like Lebron, but Green plays with that fire and intensity that gets under people skin. Curry I have noticed has been in peoples faces a lot. I really like the attitude of GS. Pretty much **** this best friend ****, we are here to show we are the best. The NBA is to much personal relationships and it has gotten old. I really respect GS and actually appreciate them more after this finals.

PS came in hoping Lebron would add to his legacy, now I want GS to become a dynasty (until Denver gets better ;) )

No doubt Green has started some stuff ... it was just an example of LeBron getting desperate.

And I've enjoyed watching the Nuggets since Doug Moe, and I've been telling anyone who would listen that the Nuggets were one of the up and coming teams in the west next year.

MTL_123
06-13-2016, 11:11 AM
Found more

- his letter to Cleveland didn't mention Wiggins because he was working to trade him.

- Threw Blatt under the bus (which others have certainly done too), but what's more he told the media directly that he was changing his coaches calls.

- "All the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal, but they have to get back to the real world at some point."

I have decided to take my talent for hate to the South Bay and direct it at LeBron.

:laugh: that made me lol

Scoots
06-13-2016, 11:11 AM
- Travelling

- His "who me" face any time a foul is called on him, even when it's INCREDIBLY obvious

Scoots
06-13-2016, 11:14 AM
- Steven A Smith swinging from LeBron's nutsack. I avoid media around the game, and SAS is one of the best reasons to avoid it. But I googled LJ and SAS LOOOOOOOOOVES him some LeBron junk. This may be the best reason to hate on LeBron.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 11:14 AM
- The "real" MVP talk. How did I miss this?

Scoots
06-13-2016, 11:17 AM
- He inadvertently started the more than a single season tanking trend by being from Ohio and being so talented that the Cavs tanked harder than any team in NBA history, and apparently started a trend that the Sixers took to the next logical progression.

Laker Legend42
06-13-2016, 11:17 AM
He nicknamed himself King James as a 17 year old HS student. he actually brought King James T Shirts to a basketball camp as a HS student. He then starting call us all "witnesses".... its never been good.

I don't hate Lebron at all. However, you can't call yourself "King James" or "the chosen one" and tell us all to "witness" and then be surprised when criticism is heaped on to you. My issue really isn't with Lebron. It's all the people that come up with the excuses of why he fails. During his first run with Cleveland they picked up mo Williams and right away they were picked to win it all. They lose in the finals then instantly things change. Lebron didn't have any help. How do you end the season with the best record but have no help. His greatness carried the team all season but don't blame him for the finals lost because he can't do it on his own.

Saddletramp
06-13-2016, 11:18 AM
I like you Scoots, but you sound like a miserable twatty little 12 year old girl here. This is embarrassing.
Oh, and I love:

I loved Starks ... he would pick a fight with Oak and believe he could win right up until he woke up in the hospital ...

2. Picking fights with Green and Curry.

Saddletramp
06-13-2016, 11:20 AM
- He inadvertently started the more than a single season tanking trend by being from Ohio and being so talented that the Cavs tanked harder than any team in NBA history, and apparently started a trend that the Sixers took to the next logical progression.

Now I think that you are just being sarcastic in this whole thread. Can't be serious.

Big Zo
06-13-2016, 11:22 AM
As a Heat fan, I don't wanna see Cleveland win, but the Warriors, and their fans are becoming annoying as ****.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 11:25 AM
I like you Scoots, but you sound like a miserable twatty little 12 year old girl here. This is embarrassing.
Oh, and I love:

I don't mind players who grind on opponents. Steven Adams, Delly, and Green all come to mind in the current NBA. Bill Laimbeer, Oakley, Larry Smith, Mahorn, Rodman, Stockton in days gone by. But that's not what LeBron claims to be ... he's been above it all for 13 years remember?

Saddletramp
06-13-2016, 11:25 AM
- His "who me" face any time a foul is called on him, even when it's INCREDIBLY obvious

Now you're talking about Duncan and Iggy?

I don't hate Lebron at all. However, you can't call yourself "King James" or "the chosen one" and tell us all to "witness" and then be surprised when criticism is heaped on to you. My issue really isn't with Lebron. It's all the people that come up with the excuses of why he fails. During his first run with Cleveland they picked up mo Williams and right away they were picked to win it all. They lose in the finals then instantly things change. Lebron didn't have any help. How do you end the season with the best record but have no help. His greatness carried the team all season but don't blame him for the finals lost because he can't do it on his own.

MO WILLIAMS? HAHAHAHA

This has really gotten dumb. I'm driving home today so keep on keeping on.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 11:26 AM
Now I think that you are just being sarcastic in this whole thread. Can't be serious.

Yeah well, some of it is obviously tongue in cheek. And I still can't help but respect what LeBron can do. But he REALLY is a tool away from the court, and I just sort of sidestepped all of that until now.

Saddletramp
06-13-2016, 11:27 AM
As a Heat fan, I don't wanna see Cleveland win, but the Warriors, and their fans are becoming annoying as ****.

Yep. It's been slowly happening the past few years but it's getting insufferable now.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 11:29 AM

Nah, Duncan and Iguodala both admit when they commit an obvious foul. They are willing to complain for a close call, but when it's obvious they admit it for the most part.

How far are you driving? I love a long drive ... but I never listen to sports radio talk ... drives me nuts :)

42-15-7
06-13-2016, 11:29 AM
I think it's important to note that not only is everything you say about LeBron here the absolute truth, but that doesn't mean Draymond Green is a good guy for whacking him in the nuts. Both of these guys can be idiots.

In terms of overall career, however, James is in a league by himself in terms of this passive-aggressive hero-worship ******** that he has always used to sell himself. And no moment was more revealing of that than his, "Not two, not three, not four, not five, not six...." speech in front of an actual crowd. It was like he thought all you had to do was give a speech -- not actually go out and back it up on the court.

Well, he's made it to 7 finals, and it looks like he's going to be an awful 2-5 when this season is done. WTF???

The most impressive thing he's done against GS is get Green to retaliate and get himself suspended! Sure, he's filling the stat sheet, but the main reason he's doing that is that he's playing a ton of minutes, not being dominant. (Has any great player in their 'prime' ever disappeared for longer stretches?)

Gonna be real interesting tonight to see which LeBron shows up, and, if he loses, who LeBron throws under the bus this time, even though he hand-picked the team, hand-picked the coach, called the game plans, and played against a short-handed GS team.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 11:32 AM
Yep. It's been slowly happening the past few years but it's getting insufferable now.

Actually ... the main miscreants have not really changed much in recent years ... they are just no longer limiting themselves to the Warriors forum.

And you don't mean me right? Cause I'm the KING of Warriors forum posters LOL.

Seriously though ... I love the passion of all fans for their teams, and try to never deride players or their fans. I've decided to use this thread to make an exception for LeBron. Not the Cavs I like Delly and Thompson, not the Heat Wade, Bosh, Dragic, Winslow, Deng, Richardson, lots to like on the Heat. Just one guy.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-13-2016, 11:34 AM

So now you know how the rest of the 29 fan bases felt about Heat fans from 2010-2014.

I usually hate threads like this, but I do agree with about 90% of what has been said so far.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 11:38 AM
I think it's important to note that not only is everything you say about LeBron here the absolute truth, but that doesn't mean Draymond Green is a good guy for whacking him in the nuts. Both of these guys can be idiots.

In terms of overall career, however, James is in a league by himself in terms of this passive-aggressive hero-worship ******** that he has always used to sell himself. And no moment was more revealing of that than his, "Not two, not three, not four, not five, not six...." speech in front of an actual crowd. It was like he thought all you had to do was give a speech -- not actually go out and back it up on the court.

Well, he's made it to 7 finals, and it looks like he's going to be an awful 2-5 when this season is done. WTF???

The most impressive thing he's done against GS is get Green to retaliate and get himself suspended! Sure, he's filling the stat sheet, but the main reason he's doing that is that he's playing a ton of minutes, not being dominant. (Has any great player in their 'prime' ever disappeared for longer stretches?)

Gonna be real interesting tonight to see which LeBron shows up, and, if he loses, who LeBron throws under the bus this time, even though he hand-picked the team, hand-picked the coach, called the game plans, and played against a short-handed GS team.

See, I don't see the 2-5 thing as a reasonable reason to hate on LeBron. He's made to to the finals 7 times and that's amazing. I do however not like the narrative that the teams he's made it to the finals with have been "garbage" as so many people say, but I don't blame LeBron for that, rather his supporters.

And as for Green ... I've never said he was a nice guy, but without him the Warriors don't have any titles in the last 40 years. Teams need to have a jerk and Green is the loudest one for the Warriors. But anybody who argues that LeBron was reasonable to step over Green is in denial, and in my opinion Green showed great restraint in letting LeBron off as light as he did particularly in that LeBron didn't "know" he'd been "nut shot" until someone showed him video. How that becomes a flagrant after the fact is a mystery to me. I'm not one to think there are any conspiracies in pro sports ... but that looks like a LeBron call to me.

hugepatsfan
06-13-2016, 11:52 AM
Yeah all the things that have been mentioned just add up to him being unlikable. Pretty much all star athletes are some level of arrogant and cocky but rather than a "****-you-I-know-I'm-better-than-you" type of arrogant that's kind of fun in sports he's the "OMG-please-look-at-me-and-acknowledge-that-I'm-awesome" type that's annoying.

sjbirds
06-13-2016, 11:55 AM
How about the fake cough making fun of Dirk then not showing up in the 4th qtrs and losing the series

ewing
06-13-2016, 11:58 AM
remember when he faked his own death to avoid getting schooled by Kobe

42-15-7
06-13-2016, 12:21 PM
See, I don't see the 2-5 thing as a reasonable reason to hate on LeBron. He's made to to the finals 7 times and that's amazing. I do however not like the narrative that the teams he's made it to the finals with have been "garbage" as so many people say, but I don't blame LeBron for that, rather his supporters.

And as for Green ... I've never said he was a nice guy, but without him the Warriors don't have any titles in the last 40 years. Teams need to have a jerk and Green is the loudest one for the Warriors. But anybody who argues that LeBron was reasonable to step over Green is in denial, and in my opinion Green showed great restraint in letting LeBron off as light as he did particularly in that LeBron didn't "know" he'd been "nut shot" until someone showed him video. How that becomes a flagrant after the fact is a mystery to me. I'm not one to think there are any conspiracies in pro sports ... but that looks like a LeBron call to me.

My problem is not LeBron's won/loss record, it's that he bragged that he was going to win all of those titles. Name any other player in the history of the NBA -- or team sports -- who ever said anything even remotely like that. It was unbelievable at the time, and yet now we have the returns on his trash talking. He sucks!

(Yes, it's amazing to get to the finals that many time, and yes, LeBron is a great player. But as you pointed out in the OP, he's just exposed himself to be so much less than he wants people to believe that he is, and that's where I fault him on the 2-5 record.)

cmellofan15
06-13-2016, 12:28 PM
How about the fake cough making fun of Dirk then not showing up in the 4th qtrs and losing the series

that was one of my favorite finals series to watch, seeing Dirk take down the arrogant super-team.

but what I don't understand is that this thread was actually intended to be a circle jerk and troll lebron fans and it's lasted 3 pages already lmao

Vee-Rex
06-13-2016, 12:32 PM
I don't fancy myself a LeBron lover at all. But I don't hate him either. However, I gotta contribute:

-All the cryptic/stupid/passive-aggressive tweets

-trying to get that video removed with Jordan Crawford dunking on him (even though it wasn't even as bad as he made it out to be!)

-claiming he was still the best in the world in last year's finals (at the time he was arguably, yes, but it sounded like sour grapes)

-boasting about his wealth and how all his 'haters' have to wake up being poor and all that after the 2011 finals loss against the Mavs

-constant mental breakdowns and checking out of games when his team really needs him (even if Kobe shot badly, at least he TRIED to score whereas LeBron just defers too much at times)

-pushing/bumping into Blatt/Spo

-trying to leverage the Cavs with the whole TT contract (which was so stupid)

That's just to name a few.

beasted86
06-13-2016, 12:45 PM

You see... How can anyone ever take you half serious asking questions like this? What... did you just start watching basketball 2 years ago?

Wow!

IndyRealist
06-13-2016, 12:51 PM
Did anyone mention the "Check my Stats" tee shirt?

Hawkeye15
06-13-2016, 12:53 PM
OP, welcome to how hating players starts, when they play your team and annoy you.

Nothing new here

tp13baby
06-13-2016, 12:58 PM
The only player I can't stand is Iggy onGS. Denver fans have a reason to hate him. Also he is notorious for making a great play, and runs around with his hands out thinking everything is an and 1. He the worst in the league about that

DanG
06-13-2016, 12:59 PM

This.

the statpading late in game 4 was hilarious.

Also, having all-stars as teammates and then making it look like he doesn't have any help... just stop playing iso ball then.

tp13baby
06-13-2016, 01:03 PM
I don't fancy myself a LeBron lover at all. But I don't hate him either. However, I gotta contribute:

-trying to get that video removed with Jordan Crawford dunking on him (even though it wasn't even as bad as he made it out to be!)

-claiming he was still the best in the world in last year's finals (at the time he was arguably, yes, but it sounded like sour grapes)

-boasting about his wealth and how all his 'haters' have to wake up being poor and all that after the 2011 finals loss against the Mavs

-constant mental breakdowns and checking out of games when his team really needs him (even if Kobe shot badly, at least he TRIED to score whereas LeBron just defers too much at times)

TT is so damn overrated, or overpayed. Whatever way you want to look at it. He is pretty much Faried, but less effective, while getting paid 22 mill more over a 5 year deal.

lamzoka
06-13-2016, 01:31 PM
remembered when he called Kobe "rapist"

I completely made that up lol

Giannis94
06-13-2016, 01:36 PM
If you created a website with this thread title it would be like a "farmersonly.com". Actually would make a good title and get some interesting characters.

bgdreton
06-13-2016, 01:37 PM

Do you know what is sad? Your post and the fact that I almost forgot what team you even root for because all of your latest post have been basically anti warriors anything.

ManRam
06-13-2016, 01:42 PM
You understand now because this is the first time he hasn't taken the high road. The myth people have always bought into can now be confirmed by one isolated incident. There's actually something there now...that's why you finally see it.

The Warriors are whining far more incessantly at this point. Even their families are whining now. That's next level.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 02:03 PM
You see... How can anyone ever take you half serious asking questions like this? What... did you just start watching basketball 2 years ago?

Wow!

I just don't watch the BS around the games. Buzzer sounds, TV goes off. You would probably hate how I watch football ... I jump from tackle to snap ... don't even have to listen to the BS between plays.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 02:05 PM
OP, welcome to how hating players starts, when they play your team and annoy you.

Nothing new here

Hey, I'm an NBA fan first and as a player he's fun to watch. It's the off-the court stuff (that I have generally ignored) that set me off.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 02:06 PM
The only player I can't stand is Iggy onGS. Denver fans have a reason to hate him. Also he is notorious for making a great play, and runs around with his hands out thinking everything is an and 1. He the worst in the league about that

Draymond Green is probably worse having watched both of them the last couple years.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 02:07 PM
If you created a website with this thread title it would be like a "farmersonly.com". Actually would make a good title and get some interesting characters.

I think there are multiple anti-lebron sites out there already.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-13-2016, 02:08 PM
He's a douche but this is a blatant hate thread.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 02:09 PM
You understand now because this is the first time he hasn't taken the high road. The myth people have always bought into can now be confirmed by one isolated incident. There's actually something there now...that's why you finally see it.

The Warriors are whining far more incessantly at this point. Even their families are whining now. That's next level.

Thankfully having managed to avoid most of the mass-media BS around the games I wasn't even aware the Warriors were whining until your post there. I'm not going to go find them whining, I'll just take it for granted.

What happened here was A friend sent me a link to a video which was a cut up of a couple things from interviews and it got me going down this rabbit hole.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 02:10 PM
He's a douche but this is a blatant hate thread.

I thought that was clear from the title.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-13-2016, 02:18 PM
I thought that was clear from the title.

You're a Warriors fan? I'm sure you wouldn't mind someone making a thread going off about how Currys a huge douche then?

Hawkeye15
06-13-2016, 02:24 PM
Hey, I'm an NBA fan first and as a player he's fun to watch. It's the off-the court stuff (that I have generally ignored) that set me off.

I mean, I hated Kobe with a passion. It happens.

Rivera
06-13-2016, 02:28 PM

I wanted to add this so bad. I hate that I missed this thread cause it's one of the first things I thought of

And his "it's not my fault" attitude at pressers when he loses. And his apologist ride this

In adding lebron apologist to this list as well. They always have an excuse when he fails which makes me dislike him more. It's much worse than when people defend Kobe. It's amazing how many excuses he will get

It's like lebron apologist don't realize him losing in the finals effects his legacy. More people will remember 2-6 record than 4 Mvps

Until this day I hear he's really 1-5 in the finals. He should thank Ray Allen.

BKLYNpigeon
06-13-2016, 02:29 PM
Lebron invented the Crab Dribble. lol

jason
06-13-2016, 02:48 PM
I mean he does this to his own teammates https://vine.co/v/eLOhYiIrw1Q

Scoots
06-13-2016, 02:49 PM
You're a Warriors fan? I'm sure you wouldn't mind someone making a thread going off about how Currys a huge douche then?

Of course not. Go ahead. Look at Vee-Rex, he's the top Cavs fan here (in my opinion) and he even contributed.

Pfeifer
06-13-2016, 02:57 PM

You do realize that every non lebron fans have been dealing with this since he came into the league? So called Heat fans that really just follow Lebron. Its a complete double standard. Im not a Warriors fan or Lebron fan. Im a basketball fan and the fact that all of the Lebron nuthuggers arevcalling out Warriors fans is laughable.

SfgiantsJD3
06-13-2016, 03:03 PM
Not getting to any 50/50 balls implies all luck on GS side

Pfeifer
06-13-2016, 03:06 PM

When the Cavs lost to Orlando in the ECF. That was the day I realized what kind of person he is. Cant deny the talent, butbthe man himself is what held him back from being the GOAT.

jason
06-13-2016, 03:10 PM

Great post. I never really hated him but he just does some really unlikable things. I mean here is a few things

- How many times do you have say that you're humble?

- In the post game interview he was complaining about not getting the calls when driving only to say he wasn't talking about the refs so he can save his 25k

- Asking twice what Klay said about him just to fake laugh and say hes going to take the high road

Tony_Starks
06-13-2016, 03:11 PM
I don't support hating on a player for non basketball reasons.

It's kinda feminine.

Wasn't cool for Kobe, not cool for Lebron.

Cool for Dwight tho! 😜

Pfeifer
06-13-2016, 03:12 PM
To be honest it reaks of being super insecure. Which is crazy.

bucketss
06-13-2016, 03:14 PM
i hated bron during the ecf its actually fun to hate on him. but as soon as that series was over it got boring.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2016, 03:16 PM
When the Cavs lost to Orlando in the ECF. That was the day I realized what kind of person he is. Cant deny the talent, butbthe man himself is what held him back from being the GOAT.

http://hoopshype.com/2010/03/19/too-much-love/

Eddie is spot on. Save your high fives and handshakes for little league

TheMightyHumph
06-13-2016, 03:19 PM

Nothing new here

You think the Lebron hating started here? Think again.

Pfeifer
06-13-2016, 03:20 PM
http://hoopshype.com/2010/03/19/too-much-love/

Eddie is spot on. Save your high fives and handshakes for little league

I disagree. If your not man enough to shake hands and congratulate somebody you are a poor sport little mitch. If guys boxing, beating the crap out of each other can do it. Lebron can after a loss in a series. Its called respect for your opponent which he has none.

TheMightyHumph
06-13-2016, 03:22 PM

It's kinda feminine.

Cool for Dwight tho! 😜

Sure, no reason to hate a snitch rapist. That has nothing to do with basketball.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 03:25 PM

I saw somewhere that he did it in Heat/Mavs too. Don't know though.

Later after that Heat/Mavs loss is when he went off on his fans being poor and their lives sucking too :)

Scoots
06-13-2016, 03:28 PM

It's kinda feminine.

Cool for Dwight tho! 😜

That has always been my policy ... but LeBron got me over that. Kobe bugged me this season, but not for him but just because they were talking about Kobe during games he wasn't even in ... but I don't blame Kobe for that.

I hated when the Warriors played Kobe because he was so darn good, but that's not Kobe hate, that's Kobe respect. I've never reached that level with LeBron though ... he usually didn't seem to be THE difference when they played.

Tony_Starks
06-13-2016, 03:34 PM
That has always been my policy ... but LeBron got me over that. Kobe bugged me this season, but not for him but just because they were talking about Kobe during games he wasn't even in ... but I don't blame Kobe for that.

I hated when the Warriors played Kobe because he was so darn good, but that's not Kobe hate, that's Kobe respect. I've never reached that level with LeBron though ... he usually didn't seem to be THE difference when they played.

I just can't do it. It's one thing to call a player out on obvious flaws in his game or weak mentality but to take it to a personal level is just against my policy.

Besides that off the court he seems like a pretty good dude to me. Family guy, a GREAT businessman, gives back to the community, loyal to his childhood boys, not afraid to speak on issues affecting black community...etc.

I can't be mad at that at all!

R. Johnson#3
06-13-2016, 03:51 PM
All the big points have been covered. On the court he's the best player on the planet but off the court he's as fake as a three dollar bill. He's passive aggressive as hell and pulls a bunch of **** behind the scenes but when the camera is on him he's suddenly a nice guy and has no idea what anyone is talking about. It's the biggest difference between him and Kobe. They're both dicks but Kobe didn't give a **** what anybody thought and that made me respect him.

europagnpilgrim
06-13-2016, 03:55 PM

1. Flopping
3. Lying to the league

Just my 2 cents for what it is worth we are supposed to view/watch/critique the athlete for what he does on the hardwood to grid iron to the ballpark etc., we are not supposed to like a player off the field or for what they personally do because if that's the case we wouldn't like any athlete because they all have some type of baggage of negative things not seen, and some get covered up better than others while others get roasted in the press and we are quick to call out that player while acting like this other guy has such high character

all athletes are jerks(as you say) but its more of the environment they are dealing with on daily basis and it all starts at the top and trickles down, from ownership to the players

just look at Clippers former owner and how he felt about players, and then Cuban defends him because they are in the same boat as a whole, all the owners feel that way they just pretend until media leaks a story

Sterling took the fall for the other owners, just like Tiger took the fall for all the so called good guys when that cheating scandal surfaced and destroyed his pretty boy image, had social media been crazy back then Jordan would have got eaten alive

the owners are the biggest tools/pawns and its rubs off on the players no matter the quality upbringing

its like how can you be an angel surrounded by devils, that's like insane suicide

the man performs his craft so I just leave it at that and not try to get all into who is this or that, from my time around athletes they all seemed cool, but I didn't deal with them on a daily basis, just at that moment and none seemed like jerks or ***** made or however it can be worded, but also the ones I was around were not souped up media superstars, just good to very good players at that time

J Rice use to beat his wife or something of that nature, so of course he should and would be disliked, but its a lot of athletes and owners who do that to they wife/girlfriend, mentally/verbally or physically, its just not reported

the president FDR was a coke head, but he still ran the country and never got in trouble for it and other past and present presidents are drunks and commit adultery, as with athletes and other entertainers as well

its just the nature of the beast

Scoots
06-13-2016, 03:58 PM
I just can't do it. It's one thing to call a player out on obvious flaws in his game or weak mentality but to take it to a personal level is just against my policy.

Besides that off the court he seems like a pretty good dude to me. Family guy, a GREAT businessman, gives back to the community, loyal to his childhood boys, not afraid to speak on issues affecting black community...etc.

Yeah, I can't be mad at at that either.

smith&wesson
06-13-2016, 04:00 PM

1. Flopping
3. Lying to the league

1. flopping ? ok so we should hate 70% of the league since pretty much every one does it at one point or another.
2. picking a fight with your favorite players? oh no god forbid, but its ok for Green to be playing rugby with other players private parts right ;)
3. lying to the league ? about what?
4. Getting the Cavs to campaign against Green? Its really sad that a franchise has to campaign against a player who has been playing dirty all season long in order to get some sort of repercussion
5. he is the most scrutinized professional athlete of all time... I would agree with his comment. Every time he ***** and coughs its a story in the era of social media.. what would you do ?
6. Passive aggressiveness ? ok hate Duncan to then.

If you just want to bash a guy for playing against your team then do so, its your right as a fan. But to hate on him is humorous as it just goes to show how much the average fan buys in to the nonsense in social media these days.

I don't care for Lebron as he cried to the refs on every single play that he could vs Toronto last round. But I respect the mans game, and I'm not looking for reasons to hate him. If you don't like him then don't watch :) there are plenty of players that I just don't care to watch. like Dwight Howard for example.

ewing
06-13-2016, 04:08 PM

Wow, what a douche

Scoots
Just my 2 cents for what it is worth we are supposed to view/watch/critique the athlete for what he does on the hardwood to grid iron to the ballpark etc.

<snip>

its just the nature of the beast

That was my take for the most part. It was the passive aggressive stuff that is so out there and to me a strange thing to happen. Maybe it's not that strange though, I don't know.

Hawkeye15
You think the Lebron hating started here? Think again.

hell nah. The only reason I started pulling for him was because he was getting Tiger/A-Rod hate back in 2008 or so, when I couldn't fathom how anyone that the team he had was good enough. Once he won his chips, I went back to not caring if he wins or loses ever again.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2016, 04:10 PM
I disagree. If your not man enough to shake hands and congratulate somebody you are a poor sport little mitch. If guys boxing, beating the crap out of each other can do it. Lebron can after a loss in a series. Its called respect for your opponent which he has none.

So you have minimal respect for basically most of the players in the 80's and early 90's haha. Gotcha

You can hate a player for any reason you like, happens every day. I just think the sportsmanship hand shaking stuff is crapped on by Eddie in that article perfectly.

Kinkotheclown
06-13-2016, 04:11 PM
I think he is the most overhyped player in the history of the NBA.
He wants to have everything his way while cloning to the image of a team player. He doesn't have the balls to just be selfish and angry, which is ironic because if he were, he'd probably have 5 rings at this point.
He is mentally fragile. Someone calls you bi t c h and you get upset? (What's even funnier is some of the articles, written by men, I've seen that rip guys in the NBA for using that language because it's demeaning, no shite. It's supposed to be, keyboard in the basement, writing pricks, I digress)
He cheap shotted Green and then cried when Green got in his face.
Green had to be suspended. It sucks that it was from that but he had so many close calls already in these playoffs, so I don't fault the commissioner for doing it, even if it was in part financially motivated.

James has never been about anyone but himself

Don't forget the photo of himself after the playoff loss a little while back. The one where it was a selfie in the mirror of him
http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/03/lebron-james-mirror-selfie

He is the self proclaimed best player in the world. But would anyone take him as the player around whom they'd build is franchise? Hell no for me.

42-15-7
06-13-2016, 04:23 PM
I think he is the most overhyped player in the history of the NBA.
He wants to have everything his way while cloning to the image of a team player. He doesn't have the balls to just be selfish and angry, which is ironic because if he were, he'd probably have 5 rings at this point.
He is mentally fragile. Someone calls you bi t c h and you get upset? (What's even funnier is some of the articles, written by men, I've seen that rip guys in the NBA for using that language because it's demeaning, no shite. It's supposed to be, keyboard in the basement, writing pricks, I digress)
He cheap shotted Green and then cried when Green got in his face.
Green had to be suspended. It sucks that it was from that but he had so many close calls already in these playoffs, so I don't fault the commissioner for doing it, even if it was in part financially motivated.

James has never been about anyone but himself

Don't forget the photo of himself after the playoff loss a little while back. The one where it was a selfie in the mirror of him
http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/03/lebron-james-mirror-selfie

He is the self proclaimed best player in the world. But would anyone take him as the player around whom they'd build is franchise? Hell no for me.

Those made-up quotes in your sig are ****ing hilarious. :p

Jamiecballer
06-13-2016, 04:29 PM
Clever way to gather all the morons in one thread, man

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

mngopher35
06-13-2016, 04:38 PM

I tend to try and look at things more like you as well, focus on the court. There are so many reasons to like/dislike players and so often people will have a double standard about it in some way with other players, it just comes down to opinion (for example flopping/being a douche being mentioned covers tons of players not just Lebron). I think Lebron is actually a pretty good person off the court in the sense you bring up, he is just very self centered might be what I would say. Whiny, poor sport (clearly hates/can't handle losing sometimes), needing attention etc.

Like you I try not to let this affect me too much though because every player is their own person with their own issues and in totality the things you mention mean more than my perception of a player from watching them ball (family man etc). I get the hate for Lebron though based on some of the things he does/says.

hell nah. The only reason I started pulling for him was because he was getting Tiger/A-Rod hate back in 2008 or so, when I couldn't fathom how anyone that the team he had was good enough. Once he won his chips, I went back to not caring if he wins or loses ever again.

It's funny because it was a little after that time that the whole "oh you must be a Lebron homer" started for me around here. Like as if I care about Lebron remotely as much as I would the Twolves or Vikings. I would be spazzing out every night if we were the Cavs in this series right now, blaming refs hardcore or whatever lol. Instead I go into the game thread and give my opinion (including Lebrons mishaps this series) and move on. I like Lebron in the sense that I think he is an elite player who is fun to watch and tends to be underrated/bashed/held to a different standard or whatever because of his perception mentioned above. Pretty much the only reason I ended up so in favor of him was because of how negative so many were toward him as a player.

I still like him to an extent don't get me wrong, but I would potentially root for Westy/KD or Cp3 to get a title over him if things played out differently. I just started pulling for him more the more hate he seemed to get back then.

Edit: Him going back to Cleveland really helped us out too, so gotta like that! Might not have Wiggins/Towns without that move.

Htownballa1622
06-13-2016, 05:09 PM
-He can't keep his mouthpiece in his mouth.

-His wife is annoying and needs to stay in kitchen(literally...don't be offended. She hosts a cooking show I think)

-He tries to flex when he's about a buck 80 soaking wet.

-His fans are super annoying.

-He plays with a p.o.s in Green

-He tried to fake run up on Trevor Ariza(when he would've died)

-He's ugly :smoking:

-His mom is hotter than his overrated, loudmouth wife.

-He's a media darling with people on his jock(Ethan Strauss slurps him)

-Tries to mean mug players when he's really not about that life...

OH WAIT...who are we talking about again?

If there was a thread about Curry like this, Warriors fans around here would try to actually refute these things. Shut this **** down. Stupid thread.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2016, 05:11 PM
I tend to try and look at things more like you as well, focus on the court. There are so many reasons to like/dislike players and so often people will have a double standard about it in some way with other players, it just comes down to opinion (for example flopping/being a douche being mentioned covers tons of players not just Lebron). I think Lebron is actually a pretty good person off the court in the sense you bring up, he is just very self centered might be what I would say. Whiny, poor sport (clearly hates/can't handle losing sometimes), needing attention etc.

Like you I try not to let this affect me too much though because every player is their own person with their own issues and in totality the things you mention mean more than my perception of a player from watching them ball (family man etc). I get the hate for Lebron though based on some of the things he does/says.

It's funny because it was a little after that time that the whole "oh you must be a Lebron homer" started for me around here. Like as if I care about Lebron remotely as much as I would the Twolves or Vikings. I would be spazzing out every night if we were the Cavs in this series right now, blaming refs hardcore or whatever lol. Instead I go into the game thread and give my opinion (including Lebrons mishaps this series) and move on. I like Lebron in the sense that I think he is an elite player who is fun to watch and tends to be underrated/bashed/held to a different standard or whatever because of his perception mentioned above. Pretty much the only reason I ended up so in favor of him was because of how negative so many were toward him as a player.

I still like him to an extent don't get me wrong, but I would potentially root for Westy/KD or Cp3 to get a title over him if things played out differently. I just started pulling for him more the more hate he seemed to get back then.

Edit: Him going back to Cleveland really helped us out too, so gotta like that! Might not have Wiggins/Towns without that move.

to tell you the truth, that is probably why LeBron has a lifetime pass on my good side haha

Saddletramp
06-13-2016, 05:29 PM
Nah, Duncan and Iguodala both admit when they commit an obvious foul. They are willing to complain for a close call, but when it's obvious they admit it for the most part.

How far are you driving? I love a long drive ... but I never listen to sports radio talk ... drives me nuts :)

San Antonio to Galveston. Now it's nippynap time.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2016, 05:41 PM

I lived in Galveston for 5 years. Loved it.

naps
06-13-2016, 05:42 PM
Says the guy who is a fan of the dirtiest and most disgusting player in the league. Warriors are not in the finals if they were not league's darling. OKC got robbed by not suspending this jerk.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 05:48 PM
1. flopping ? ok so we should hate 70% of the league since pretty much every one does it at one point or another.
2. picking a fight with your favorite players? oh no god forbid, but its ok for Green to be playing rugby with other players private parts right ;)
4. Getting the Cavs to campaign against Green? Its really sad that a franchise has to campaign against a player who has been playing dirty all season long in order to get some sort of repercussion
5. he is the most scrutinized professional athlete of all time... I would agree with his comment. Every time he ***** and coughs its a story in the era of social media.. what would you do ?

If you just want to bash a guy for playing against your team then do so, its your right as a fan. But to hate on him is humorous as it just goes to show how much the average fan buys in to the nonsense in social media these days.

I don't care for Lebron as he cried to the refs on every single play that he could vs Toronto last round. But I respect the mans game, and I'm not looking for reasons to hate him. If you don't like him then don't watch :) there are plenty of players that I just don't care to watch. like Dwight Howard for example.

I have never hated on LeBron before, I just started looking into it and was asking what the common complaints are, his flopping was way up there. If you read the rest of the thread you would see that there are quite a few reasonable people adding to the list.

It's not just that he's scrutinized ... he wasn't this watched when he named himself after a bible.

IndyRealist
06-13-2016, 05:51 PM

You BOI?

Hawkeye15
06-13-2016, 05:54 PM
You BOI?

nah, went to college there. 1995-2000. Do you know the island?

Hawkeye15
06-13-2016, 05:56 PM
I have never hated on LeBron before, I just started looking into it and was asking what the common complaints are, his flopping was way up there. If you read the rest of the thread you would see that there are quite a few reasonable people adding to the list.

It's not just that he's scrutinized ... he wasn't this watched when he named himself after a bible.

he was exponentially the most followed/tracked youth basketball player ever. Nobody is even remotely close. He was selling out a college arena for games by 16.

He has been getting his *** kissed and balls licked since around 13 years old.

Bostonjorge
06-13-2016, 06:01 PM
He destroyed Wades an Irving career and turn them into reasons you lose.

Won his championships after Dallas let everyone walk and the Chris Paul veto trade to LA.

Held a dumb conference to pick what team he was going to during the finals. Just to pick the easiest way in the history of the game to win a Champioship.

After losing in the finals he said he was better then everyone and we have to go back to basic lives.

He never washes his hands after using the restroom.

I don't "hate" James or wish any harm to the human being. I just want the basketball player to lose at basketball. That's it noting else. James getting injured or retiring tomorrow would be bad for the game and give me no pleasure at all. Nothing wrong in hoping the guy loses. That's fair in this wonderful game we all love to watch.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 06:03 PM
-He can't keep his mouthpiece in his mouth.

-His wife is annoying and needs to stay in kitchen(literally...don't be offended. She hosts a cooking show I think)

-He tries to flex when he's about a buck 80 soaking wet.

-His fans are super annoying.

-He plays with a p.o.s in Green

-He tried to fake run up on Trevor Ariza(when he would've died)

-He's ugly :smoking:

-His mom is hotter than his overrated, loudmouth wife.

-He's a media darling with people on his jock(Ethan Strauss slurps him)

-Tries to mean mug players when he's really not about that life...

OH WAIT...who are we talking about again?

If there was a thread about Curry like this, Warriors fans around here would try to actually refute these things. Shut this **** down. Stupid thread.

LOL. Start the thread, I'll add to it.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 06:09 PM

That's not that bad. IIRC the roads were fairly fast moving last time I did it ... as long as Houston traffic is avoided as much as possible.

IndyRealist
06-13-2016, 06:11 PM
nah, went to college there. 1995-2000. Do you know the island?

Moved to Houston for work, lived around NASA for about 5 years so I was down on the island a lot. Must've been a great place to go to college.

alkalinesolo
06-13-2016, 06:13 PM
- Travelling

Or how about his "oh c'mon where's the foul?!" face whenever he turns the ball over, even when it's obviously all ball.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 06:16 PM
he was exponentially the most followed/tracked youth basketball player ever. Nobody is even remotely close. He was selling out a college arena for games by 16.

I didn't say he wasn't watched ... just that he wasn't THIS watched.

Ariza's Better
06-13-2016, 06:21 PM
"No lebron lovers". Does that mean this thread is allowed one?

Scoots
06-13-2016, 07:02 PM
Another new reason ... now that LeBron is looking at another season without a title in Cleveland he said his "main reason" for coming back to Cleveland was to “lift the youth in my community” ... revising history and showing that he's really just a "good guy"

“For me, I think from a basketball standpoint, that’s one of the reasons why I came back, but it’s not the main reason I came back,” James said before the Cavaliers practiced at the Warriors’ facility. “It wasn’t the only reason I came back, and there wasn’t just one reason why I came back.

“Personally, what I’m able to do off the floor, as well with my foundation and me being back home — last summer I was able to guarantee all my kids in my program college scholarships,” James added in a new discourse on his 2014 decision. “I’m able to do so many things because I’m actually there, hands on, with my foundation and things that go on. I’m able to uplift the youth in my community and also in other communities. Even though you’re able to do it from afar, if you’re actually there, I think it’s even more meaningful to kids that look up to you for inspiration.”

James is playing in his seventh Finals — sixth straight. “From a basketball standpoint, yeah, that’s always been my goal since I was drafted in 2003,” James said. “My goal was to bring a championship to Cleveland, and it hasn’t changed. When I left, my goal was to bring a championship to Miami. That didn’t change. And when I came back, it hasn’t changed.”

James said as long as he’s “true to the game,” he won’t agonize over losing to the Warriors — which would put him at 2-5 in Finals series.

“Win, lose or draw, I’m not happy, but I’m OK with it because I know I’ve given all I’ve got,” James said. “One thing I can say that I’ve been blessed enough to be a part of seven Finals, and hopefully I’ll be blessed enough to play in many more even after this year, win, lose or draw.”

jason
06-13-2016, 07:11 PM
- When Lebron and Wade were mocking Dirk being sick. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoOXKha7uL4

CHANGO
06-13-2016, 08:08 PM
This is a great thread.

42-15-7
06-13-2016, 08:10 PM
- When Lebron and Wade were mocking Dirk being sick. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoOXKha7uL4

Somebody on the Warriors needs to cough into their hand just before the tipoff and say '*****' under their breath. Or maybe the whole team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROxvT8KKdFw

Raps18-19 Champ
06-13-2016, 08:16 PM
Judging from the bias in the OP, he could have farted near the Warriors bench and you would hate him .

42-15-7
06-13-2016, 08:16 PM
Another new reason ... now that LeBron is looking at another season without a title in Cleveland he said his "main reason" for coming back to Cleveland was to “lift the youth in my community” ... revising history and showing that he's really just a "good guy"

He's a real leader in the community. Why, here he is teaching the youth of Cleveland how to game the system by lying your *** off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xa4OBE_Rwg

Only LeBron James could teach such a profound lesson to so many kids.

blahblahyoutoo
06-13-2016, 08:19 PM
1. the "not 1, not 2, not 3...." and then bolting when he thought our guys were over the hill
2. pound for pound, the strongest guy in the league, but barely gets bumped and flops 3 rows into the stands
3. telling the world you're taking the high road 3x in the span of 5 sentences, saying it's really hard to do, is not taking the high road
4. getting coaches fired
5. speaking ebonics/very poor english. "whatever the case my be" is his favorite line. he uses it even when it's not appropriate
6. his nose bridge that's wide enough to connect his eyes. a literally bridge

CHANGO
06-13-2016, 08:20 PM
Judging from the bias in the OP, he could have farted near the Warriors bench and you would hate him .

I would love to see some troll opening a thread with a title of "Curry lovers not welcome" and give a couple of ******** reasons of why he hates Curry. It would be funny to watch the W's fans victimizing themselves and talking about how everyone hates the W's and Curry. :laugh:

More-Than-Most
06-13-2016, 08:21 PM
most of this is true :laugh:

cant even be mad lol....

that all being said what he did against green was smart and his **** if i care attitude came out and he just stopped giving a **** and now the warrios players/family have whined more in the past 2 days than bron has his entire career.

Supreme LA
06-13-2016, 08:21 PM
Lebron wants trash talk banned from the league.

That's basically what I got from his postgame interviews whining about Draymond calling him a "b!tch".

How soft and entitled is this guy. I swear he needs everyone to bow down to him.

Supreme LA
06-13-2016, 08:24 PM

cant even be mad lol....

that all being said what he did against green was smart and his **** if i care attitude came out and he just stopped giving a **** and now the warrios players/family have whined more in the past 2 days than bron has his entire career.

Warriors/family are only calling out Lebron for being a soft b!tch which he is. Who complains to reporters about being called names during a game? Seriously!

More-Than-Most
06-13-2016, 08:24 PM
He's a real leader in the community. Why, here he is teaching the youth of Cleveland how to game the system by lying your *** off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xa4OBE_Rwg

Only LeBron James could teach such a profound lesson to so many kids.

I dont mind when people **** on his on the court antics but the dude does everything for the community in both cleveland and Miami and so on down the list.... he always gives time to the fans and speaks up on behalf of the league alot.... this is the only thing that bothers me about lebron haters in general is that most of them actually wish death on the guy when he is actually a fantastic individual when it comes to youth and charity and so on down the list.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2016, 08:25 PM
Warriors/family are only calling out Lebron for being a soft b!tch which he is. Who complains to reporters about being called names during a game? Seriously!

and that is called whining/crying/*****ing and moaning and so on down the list... they have whined more in these 2 days than lebron has his entire career and are trying to defend the dirtiest guy in basketball.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2016, 08:26 PM
lol but yo the warriors *****ing and cry is ok because its about lebron amirite? :rolleyes:

blahblahyoutoo
06-13-2016, 08:27 PM

who was that on the floor? love?

More-Than-Most
06-13-2016, 08:28 PM
also we are in a thread complaining/*****ing about a guy complaining/*****ing?

Supreme LA
06-13-2016, 08:28 PM
and that is called whining/crying/*****ing and moaning and so on down the list... they have whined more in these 2 days than lebron has his entire career and are trying to defend the dirtiest guy in basketball.

More than Lebron has whined his entire career? That's definitely an exaggeration.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2016, 08:29 PM

:clap:

Supreme LA
06-13-2016, 08:29 PM
also we are in a thread complaining/*****ing about a guy complaining/*****ing?

Did you not read the threa title? Lebron Lovers NOT Welcome so that specifically refers to you.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2016, 08:30 PM
More than Lebron has whined his entire career? That's definitely an exaggeration.

to someone who hates the guy because he is ahead of kobe in most peoples eyes it is... but again 2 straight days of guys defending a dirty player and their families crying whining screams entitlement/*****ing/moaning/whining but that is again ok because its at lebrons expense and another double standard type of ******** that happens.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2016, 08:31 PM
Did you not read the threa title? Lebron Lovers NOT Welcome so that specifically refers to you.

if this is a thread someone is not allowed in then that thread should be deleted because its baiting a certain group of people correct? is that what you are saying?

42-15-7
06-13-2016, 08:44 PM
I dont mind when people **** on his on the court antics but the dude does everything for the community in both cleveland and Miami and so on down the list.... he always gives time to the fans and speaks up on behalf of the league alot.... this is the only thing that bothers me about lebron haters in general is that most of them actually wish death on the guy when he is actually a fantastic individual when it comes to youth and charity and so on down the list.

I honestly believe that James is more interested in business and politics than he is in basketball. This is a very smart man who will have no trouble having Magic-Johnson-like success when he's done playing. I don't buy his wholesome image (too many counter-factual reports), but I like that he seems to be a solid citizen.

Dude has lived most of his life in a fishbowl -- that's gonna mess up your head. But when the hypocrisy is so apparent it's just hard to take him seriously. (You have no idea how much I have floppers.)

SHONIE
06-13-2016, 08:49 PM
:laugh: that made me lol

The original quote was:

"can't admit he has a receding hairline"

Literally haven't logged onto this site in over a year, but I laughed my face off at that. Perfect, just perfect.

SHONIE
06-13-2016, 08:51 PM
Found more

Here it is, my bad for the double post. Just too epic IMO nailed it

Crackadalic
06-13-2016, 09:02 PM
Because he acts entitled with everything and wants the attention on him

More-Than-Most
06-13-2016, 09:17 PM
I honestly believe that James is more interested in business and politics than he is in basketball. This is a very smart man who will have no trouble having Magic-Johnson-like success when he's done playing. I don't buy his wholesome image (too many counter-factual reports), but I like that he seems to be a solid citizen.

Dude has lived most of his life in a fishbowl -- that's gonna mess up your head. But when the hypocrisy is so apparent it's just hard to take him seriously. (You have no idea how much I have floppers.)

1000 percent agreed

Saddletramp
06-13-2016, 09:28 PM

Well, I'll be darned. Is that where you lived before moving back to Minny recently? Love it, too.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 10:09 PM
Somebody on the Warriors needs to cough into their hand just before the tipoff and say '*****' under their breath. Or maybe the whole team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROxvT8KKdFw

lol

Scoots
06-13-2016, 10:10 PM

You mean the bias where I decided I don't like LeBron the man? That bias? Is it possible to have an opinion and not be biased?

I think you'll notice that the vast majority of the things listed in this thread have nothing to do with the Warriors.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 10:24 PM
I would love to see some troll opening a thread with a title of "Curry lovers not welcome" and give a couple of ******** reasons of why he hates Curry. It would be funny to watch the W's fans victimizing themselves and talking about how everyone hates the W's and Curry. :laugh:

Then DO IT! Yours is the 3rd post to that effect and yet it hasn't happened. Why? I would contribute to such a thread. Curry's far from perfect.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 10:25 PM

cant even be mad lol....

I don't think that's possible ... remember LeBron has been at it for more than 13 years.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-13-2016, 10:27 PM
You mean the bias where I decided I don't like LeBron the man? That bias? Is it possible to have an opinion and not be biased?

I think you'll notice that the vast majority of the things listed in this thread have nothing to do with the Warriors.

Of course but that isn't the case with your post. I mean I'm sure you have no problem or will look past Draymond doing half the things Lebron did in your post.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 10:30 PM

The ONLY time I find it okay to wish death on someone is if they are truly evil or they are sick and in such agony that the only option for them is to pass.

I don't think you'll find that LeBron's charitable/community efforts have been used as a reason to hate him here though.

As an interesting side point to that, Draymond Green who is widely (and justly) vilified was a finalist for the NBAs community assist program. The other finalists are/were Carmelo Anthony, Mike Conley, Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, Kevin Durant, Zach LaVine, Damian Lillard, Victor Oladipo and John Wall.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 10:36 PM

I assume that was "hate floppers" and I totally agree. It would be so easy for the NBA to do away with it, but they choose not to year after year. Just putting up some BS window dressing on the issue and slowly fading that into the background.

Scoots
06-13-2016, 10:40 PM
Of course but that isn't the case with your post. I mean I'm sure you have no problem or will look past Draymond doing half the things Lebron did in your post.

But you are wrong. You know what happens when you assume right? I've been critical of Green too. And I guarantee you if someone did even half the things LeBron has done I would have a problem with that person too. LeBron's passive aggressive stuff is possibly the worst thing he does in my mind, but right or wrong, Green isn't passive at all, he's just aggressive.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-13-2016, 10:41 PM
But you are wrong. You know what happens when you assume right? I've been critical of Green too. And I guarantee you if someone did even half the things LeBron has done I would have a problem with that person too. LeBron's passive aggressive stuff is possibly the worst thing he does in my mind, but right or wrong, Green isn't passive at all, he's just aggressive.

I want to see the thread.

Laker Legend42
06-14-2016, 12:39 AM

MO WILLIAMS? HAHAHAHA

When mo Williams went to Cleveland the talk was he was the best PG Lebron had ever played with and they did have the best record in the leauge that year. This isn't me saying mo was a great player I'm talking about all the talk surrounding the move.

More-Than-Most
06-14-2016, 02:22 AM

has lebron ever done anything that ****ing green has done in these playoffs alone? Green is dirty and gets cheered... He is known to be dirty by most of the players... He is a fantastic player but he is a dick and he is dirty and yet people defend him and hate on lebron for being egotistical/annoying? Again this is the logic that pisses me off. I dont care if people wanna hate but to hate on someone literally because they are annoying all while cheering someone else who is legit dirty? Genius logic to me

More-Than-Most
06-14-2016, 02:23 AM
I want to see the thread.

It doesnt exist but id love to see it too.

FraziersKnicks
06-14-2016, 02:29 AM
:laugh2:

You're sitting there making a thread on the internet about how much you hate a man who will never know who you are, whilst he drops 41/16/7 in the NBA finals a few months after signing a billion dollar contract with Nike and is generally regarded as one of the top 10 greatest people in the history of mankind to do what he does for a living.

Saddletramp
06-14-2016, 02:52 AM

BINGO. Right here with you.

Chronz
06-14-2016, 02:55 AM
When mo Williams went to Cleveland the talk was he was the best PG Lebron had ever played with and they did have the best record in the leauge that year. This isn't me saying mo was a great player I'm talking about all the talk surrounding the move.
I have all the preseason mags. Show me the talk that suggested their win total

Saddletramp
06-14-2016, 03:06 AM

I think saying that Mo was the best PG he had ever played with up to that point speaks volumes.

Saddletramp
06-14-2016, 03:08 AM
That's not that bad. IIRC the roads were fairly fast moving last time I did it ... as long as Houston traffic is avoided as much as possible.

Oh, it wasn't the drive that wore me out, it was the 5 days dicking around in the sun and drinking in Kerrville, SA and New Braunfels and not getting much sleep. And we stopped and ate a huge Mexican meal on the road.......almost put me to sleep.

Oh, and IBC since 2002.

Saddletramp
06-14-2016, 03:22 AM

Yeah, this is one of those things I don't get. I, for one, didn't grow up being told I was the next coming of a sports Christ and would be one of the future great players (barring injury). The level of pride, stress, hard work, etc must be more intense than anything any of us have ever endured. I think he's a bit socially awkward because of this and doesn't understand (at least in the earlier days) why people don't like him. And remember, he was just coming in and has been progressing around the time of the social media trolls. No other player (with the possible exception of A Rod, who is a legit cheater, maybe Romo but he's never won anything and won't go down as an all time great and........) has been trolled upon as much as he has. It really is ****ing dumb when you think about it. He brings a lot of negative imagine on himself but he gets rode harder then anyone and it has nothing to do with violence or adultery or baby mama drama or drugs or anything like that. It's all "flopping" (which 3/4 of the players do), "not shaking hands" (but then people say they want the old days of hard players but those hard players would just as soon punch you then shake your hand), "celebrating and pep rallys", "poking fun at others" (what's worse, taunting a fallen player like Green has done or joking at the never ending press conferences?),....

I could go on and on but this is stupid. Screw you Scoots for wasting my time. :/

TheMightyHumph
06-14-2016, 03:24 AM
Clever way to gather all the morons in one thread, man

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yep. We gotcha.

TheMightyHumph
06-14-2016, 03:26 AM

You're sitting there making a thread on the internet about how much you hate a man who will never know who you are, whilst he drops 41/16/7 in the NBA finals a few months after signing a billion dollar contract with Nike and is generally regarded as one of the top 10 greatest people in the history of mankind to do what he does for a living.

And?

prodigy
06-14-2016, 05:19 AM

1. Flopping
3. Lying to the league

Most of what you said can be disclaimed.

1. flopping. so im guessing you hate 99% of the league. I mean most players do it. IT WORKS!!! Look at AV tonight. what a joke lol. But it works. Green has been flopping his butt off, and Curry too. But they get free passes right?

2. Picking fights? lol, whatever happened to physical play? the 80's and 90's with the bulls and bad boys. WTF you think they did by playing physical and dirty? lol, I love the double standard it cracks me up. Funniest part is when did he pick a fight? he stepped over Green ok, but he didn't step to green until he was hit in the balls.

3. lying to the league? explain

4. Huh? explain

5. Lebron had always taken the high road. How many times have we seen him fight? ZERO!!! Kobe got into fist fights along with many many others. LeBron never has. far as talking to the media, Cant really remember him not taking the high road in interviews either. Its bout time the steps off that high road. I really like this Lebron. lol,

Everything you said you can also say the same stuff about 98+ % of stars in this league. Lebron is a HOF, Beast, Legend and a top 5 player to ever touch a basketball. hate him or Love him he's earned everyone's respect.

prodigy
06-14-2016, 05:21 AM

right!!! LMAO!!!

jason
06-14-2016, 05:39 AM
who was that on the floor? love?

yup.. Heres another gem in tonights game lol https://vine.co/v/iLTHeLBFOur

ewing
06-14-2016, 05:53 AM
I have all the preseason mags. Show me the talk that suggested their win total

you're a ****ing hoarder

thenaj17
06-14-2016, 06:05 AM

Yeh cos Black Mamba and 'King' are the same...1 is a cool nickname, the other is a self acclaimed douche

PewPew
06-14-2016, 06:44 AM
LeBron is a great Basketball player, bbut he is also one of the most hilarious combinations of body and mind. Looking at his skills and body he's the hulk, looking at his demeanor, mindset and how he carries himself he's unikitty from the lego movie. Thats what makes it so hard to cheer from him or really think he's one of the alltime greats. Everyone wants and tells us all the time how great he is.
Was that ever necessary for Jordan, Bird, Magic etc., well no.
Because everyone could see it, no need for advertising it all the time.

I think he once was a young athlete, who got misguided and caught up in his own machinery of marketing stunts, contracts and career planning. Now its very hard to take anything he does seriously, because he contradicted himself so often. Which is sad, because in the end, he's still that kid, craving for attention and greatness. But his act is so hard to stand. Complaining, crying, acting, lying.

Writing this, I have to state I'm not a Warrior fan nor a Cavs hater, I even liked Lebron as a player in his younger days. Today it's hard seeing him beeing a role model for the generation to come, thats another reason why people love curry. He's a hardworking, selfless kind of guy, not a "king". Who likes kings anyway, looking back in history :)

Sssmush
06-14-2016, 07:19 AM
one thing that I've observed, is that in every Finals series when the game is very closely contested, Lebron seems to just start blatantly pushing and grabbing and fouling. He seems to assume this air of absolute entitlement to, basically, start hitting everybody when the game is getting out of hand or his team is losing.

For some reason the refs give him all this leeway to get away with it. So for instance in the Finals against Oklahoma, right there at the end of that game the Thunders were on the verge of winning it and Lebron fouled Durant, then fouled Westbrook twice on the rebound, just grabbing his arm in the air and jerking him back to the ground. Blatant, intentional. Could be a flagrant really if you were serious about it. But no call whatsoever,
*wheeeeeeeee* Lebron is finally a champion he is so great *wheeeeee* and Jeff van Gundy etc kind of say "well maybe that was a close non-call" and then everybody avoids showing that replay from then on.

On top of all the pushing/charging/fouling also the travelling. Even Phil jackson said it was a weird travesty of the game the way they let it be played and nothing called on Lebron. I think he was right about that.

So really maybe it's not LEBRON himself that is so irritating, it is just this fake bubble of entitlement around him which is created by the marketing people who are pimping him out and then distorts the game because he is allowed to get away with so much extra contact and steps all the time.

Also in that movie "Trainwreck" I thought he came across as unbearably wussy-ish and kind of weirdly effeminate or something (not that there's anything wrong with that in general, but in the movie he seemed weirdly kiss-*** to the other main actor comedian guy and just came across as really girly or something like he was so desperate to be in the movies and thought this is how to be non-threatening. I didn't like it. It would've been better or possibly even cool if he had just been more like what I assume his actual self is instead of A. being a phoney and B. coming across as this wussy-ish guy. I get that it was supposed to be a joke like he's so macho but he is so sensitive or whatever but I just thought it was really weak overall).

That, plus the annoying flouting of the rules and the angry entitlement and physicality to compensate against other players who are possibly more skilled offensively etc with no perspective from the refs

t_money25
06-14-2016, 08:59 AM
Hate to interrupt the Lebron "hate" circle jerk but this thread is pathetic

t_money25
06-14-2016, 09:02 AM

This

t_money25
06-14-2016, 09:04 AM

Couldn't have said it any better

Ariza's Better
06-14-2016, 09:40 AM
Also in that movie "Trainwreck" I thought he came across as unbearably wussy-ish and kind of weirdly effeminate or something (not that there's anything wrong with that in general, but in the movie he seemed weirdly kiss-*** to the other main actor comedian guy and just came across as really girly or something like he was so desperate to be in the movies and thought this is how to be non-threatening. I didn't like it. It would've been better or possibly even cool if he had just been more like what I assume his actual self is instead of A. being a phoney and B. coming across as this wussy-ish guy. I get that it was supposed to be a joke like he's so macho but he is so sensitive or whatever but I just thought it was really weak overall).

Hold on, did you slip in a review of Trainwreck in this dumb Lebron James thread? Can this become a new thing where posters randomly slip in reviews of movies into threads?

AllBall
06-14-2016, 09:48 AM
Grabbing my popcorn to season with all the saltyness in this thread

llllooooooollllll

FlashBolt
06-14-2016, 11:15 AM
This is such a bait thread. There is zero substance but just nonsense such as "LeBron tried to pick a fight with Curry." And how did you concur such a thing? Did you hear what was being said? "Declared himself King James?" Pretty sure the media did that and guess what? It worked out well.

ghettosean
06-14-2016, 11:27 AM
He promised Cleveland already before joining the heat that he would never leave before winning a championship there and he bolted on them to form his super team with Bosh and Wade. He's made his 2nd promise so let's see what he does this time around after promise #2

ghettosean
06-14-2016, 11:30 AM
Some people can't read thread titles

ghettosean
06-14-2016, 11:34 AM

1. Flopping
3. Lying to the league

Great post!!!

I feel exactly the same about all of the bolded the league is waaaaaaaaay to soft now a days.

ManRam
06-14-2016, 11:39 AM
1. lebron can't leave, win or lose. bringing a championship to cleveland has to be his holy grail. the significance of bringing that city a championship is unrivaled to what he could do anywhere else. i didn't have any issue with him leaving cleveland the first time around (i get having an issue with HOW he left). but i'll have a big issue with him if he does it again.

2. he's once again been the best player in the Finals, win or lose. frankly, it's not even close. if anyone has an argument it's now kyrie. he's been far from his best but he's still posting absurd numbers. being far from his best (besides last night) is a fair criticism, but it still says a lot about the caliber of player he is.

3. i still can't imagine the cavs winning this series. i'll just be happy with another competitive game or two.

ghettosean
06-14-2016, 11:41 AM

I don't like Lebron because he is one of the biggest media whores I've ever seen in multiple ways and multiple times... To many to count and that includes social media as well as main stream but the people who make excuses for his constant failures drive me nuts as well. He never seems to have enough hell no matter who "he" joins up up with.

FlashBolt
06-14-2016, 12:26 PM
I don't like Lebron because he is one of the biggest media whores I've ever seen in multiple ways and multiple times... To many to count and that includes social media as well as main stream but the people who make excuses for his constant failures drive me nuts as well. He never seems to have enough hell no matter who "he" joins up up with.

Find where one of his fans has made an excuse. The only one making any excuses is you.. for Curry atm. You're lame. One day you'll realize you actually have no idea what you're talking about.

CHANGO
06-14-2016, 01:47 PM
Media is one of the main reasons people can blindly hate or love a player. Put an interesting headline twisting the words "X" player said and you'll have yourself lot of people criticizing the player without even reading the full article.

I was on TW yesterday and saw a tweet saying "Lebron James says winning NBA title wasn't the 'main reason' for his return to Cleveland" and you have a lot of dumb people saying;

"easy to say now that he is losing"
"then why do you play"
"he is a loser"
etc...

Then I went to read the full article and he basically said "I didn't came to Cleveland only for the ring, there were more than one reason I came here, there's no particular reason"... "My goal is still to win as many titles as possible, no question. But what's most important for me is bringing one trophy back to Northeast Ohio"

And that's how the media can move masses positively or negatively.

krazylegz
06-14-2016, 02:14 PM
so gentlemen,how is this lebron hating circle jerk treating yall??

t_money25
06-14-2016, 02:45 PM
so gentlemen,how is this lebron hating circle jerk treating yall??

12 pages later I'm sure they're dropping loads on each other's foreheads SMH

ClassyAshyLarry
06-14-2016, 02:47 PM
Ya'll sound like a bunch of clucking hens on your period.

You guys are more interested in gossiping about interviews then talking basketball.

Bunch of females.

I feel like in a couple weeks ill check out the NBA forum and ya'll will be talking about the kardashians and who they are dating. Bunch of losers lol.

ManRam
06-14-2016, 02:57 PM
I just hope that people outlining their reasons for hating him are consistent with it. If you say you hate a guy for flopping, you better hate them all. God, that would eliminate most everyone! If you say you hate him for the media attention he gets, well that's just dumb. Every sport's best player is gonna get that. If you hate him for the media attention he CRAVES, well, that's a little more OK, but you'd again have a hard time being consistent with that. If you hate him for this "high road" stuff, well, you're reaching.

People don't want to admit that they're just more often than not petty with their hate. And that's OK...it makes things fun. Just cut the morality angle. I hated Kobe because I was petty. I hated Peyton because I was petty. I hated A-Rod...well...nevermind. These are professional athletes under such intense microscopes trying to do what they can to win. Nitpicking them is just dumb. The inconsistencies you're gonna run into if you actually pretend it's anything other than pettiness will be far too numerous.

Hate LeBron for flopping? Congrats, you now hate 90% of the league.
Hate LeBron for whining? Congrats, you now hate 90% of the league.
Hate LeBron for the media attention he gets? Congrats, you hate every super-super star.
Hate LeBron because of a comment he once said? Congrats, everyone's said dumb things.
Hate LeBron for "picking" fights? Hope you're not rooting for the Warriors!

Just accept the pettiness. It's sports. This is entertainment. We need heels. These aren't the real reasons we hate guys.

CHANGO
06-14-2016, 03:01 PM
Ya'll sound like a bunch of clucking hens on your period.

You guys are more interested in gossiping about interviews then talking basketball.

Bunch of females.

I feel like in a couple weeks ill check out the NBA forum and ya'll will be talking about the kardashians and who they are dating. Bunch of losers lol.

:laugh:

Gotta admit, this one was a good one. :laugh:

ink
06-14-2016, 03:15 PM
I think this thread has run its course gentlemen.