PDA

View Full Version : Green suspended!

Pages : [1] 2

jimm120
06-12-2016, 02:16 PM
https://twitter.com/ScottCacciola/status/742055897417932800?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Scott Cacciola Verified account
‏@ScottCacciola

NBA: Draymond Green suspended for Game 5.

Scoots
06-12-2016, 02:18 PM
So dumb.

Scoots
Now the Warriors weakness at PF is exposed.

Raps18-19 Champ
:laugh2:

What a joke. I didn't think that was suspension worthy at all. Draymond's kick was suspension worthy. Not this.

Scoots
06-12-2016, 02:19 PM
My guess is Barnes starts at PF.

eDush
06-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Strength in numbers is why we will win game 5. Those who understands what that means know we won this game because only the Warriors can beat us! :clap:

DanG
06-12-2016, 02:22 PM
lmfao, no one even saw it initially... and then it's a flagrant. Joke.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-12-2016, 02:24 PM
This is just a make-up call. They probably should have suspended him last time and missed the boat. So they made sure to get him now. The guy has to keep his legs and arms to himself though. But it seems like he can't help himself

eDush
06-12-2016, 02:26 PM
My guess is Barnes starts at PF.
I would bench him for Iggy and start Mo Buckets as our stretch 4. This strategy will clear the lanes for our backcourt duo to cut thru the middle with timely passes from Bogut at the middle of the key and if the lane collapses quickly, we kick it out to Mo Buckets at the top of the key on the switch or Iggy at the wing for the open 3 :nod:.

I so need to be an associate coach for this team :nod:

MTL_123
06-12-2016, 02:26 PM
ahahhaha what a joke

He gets suspended for that but not a kick to the balls lol

This league is such a joke **** Silver hes almost as pathetic as david stern

mavwar53
06-12-2016, 02:27 PM
The NBA will do what ever it takes to protect "THE KING"

BKLYNpigeon
06-12-2016, 02:29 PM
The Line only dropped 1/2 a point.

Warriors -6 now. lol

Pfeifer
06-12-2016, 02:31 PM
Wow. I thought the league wanted the Warriors to win? Does Lebron get nothing out of this? Instigates and continues to instigate with other players after. People need to stop deep throating Lebron.

jason
06-12-2016, 02:33 PM

What a joke. I didn't think that was suspension worthy at all. Draymond's kick was suspension worthy. Not this.

Exactly.. Really dumb. Lebon and the Cavaliers were pushing hard for this though.
They're getting desperate

eDush
I actually raise the odds to -7 due to our strength in numbers and to show the world how good we are :clap:.

KG2TB
NBA trying their best to push this series to 7 games. Won't work though. GS will close out tomorrow.

Ironman5219
06-12-2016, 02:34 PM
I think it's the right call. The league probably looked at this as a collection of incidents and this was the last straw. The finals just got a little more interesting.

beasted86
06-12-2016, 02:34 PM

I'm fine with the karma justice either way.

Ezekial
06-12-2016, 02:36 PM
Yep, I had a way bigger problem with the kick, this didn't seem intentional/Lebron brought it upon himself.

I get suspending him though, too many questionable intents in a row.

eDush
06-12-2016, 02:37 PM
NBA trying their best to push this series to 7 games. Won't work though. GS will close out tomorrow.
I don't think they were trying but to eliminate the possibility that winning it would be in question. I don't want an * to our ship and this way their will be no doubt:nod:.

beasted86
06-12-2016, 02:37 PM
lmfao, no one even saw it initially... and then it's a flagrant. Joke.

He took two swings at a player. I don't know in anytime recently (IE: last 6 years or so) that that's not a flagrant or tech.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Draymond fell for the bait though. I don't have a problem with what Lebron did and Draymond fell for it.

MTL_123
06-12-2016, 02:39 PM
even if he wasn't suspended i think cavs win game 5. The league wants this series to go 6 maybe 7

Im sure Iggy Klay and Curry are going to be in foul trouble and Cavs are going to get to the line alot

BKLYNpigeon
06-12-2016, 02:40 PM
Move Barnes to the 4, Start Iggy

mgjohnson7851
06-12-2016, 02:42 PM
NBA is so rigged man. He should have been suspended against OKC but wasn't because the Warriors were losing the series. Now that the Warriors are up 3-1, they suspend Green for something not nearly as bad.

Don't know why I even bother with this sport when they make it so obvious that they only care about the storyline.

xxplayerxx23
06-12-2016, 02:43 PM
even if he wasn't suspended i think cavs win game 5. The league wants this series to go 6 maybe 7

Im sure Iggy Klay and Cury are going to be in foul trouble and Cavs are going to get to the line alot

Lol no

JAZZNC
06-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Good, that punk ***** needs to have his leash shortened a bit. It would likely have been a non issue if he wasn't always doing crap like this. Like I said, I'm glad he finally got what he deserved even if it was waaaay too late.

mngopher35
06-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Double

BoSox47
06-12-2016, 02:45 PM
He took two swings at a player. I don't know in anytime recently (IE: last 6 years or so) that that's not a flagrant or tech.

Lebron went out of his way to intentionally walk over him and provoke him into doing something. All of it was stupid basketball.

jason
06-12-2016, 02:45 PM
Move Barnes to the 4, Start Iggy

That's what I was thinking.. Sad part is Green cant even be in the arena. I hope Curry goes off again and still blow them out

Mell413
06-12-2016, 02:46 PM
This is the right call given his track record. This allows the NBA to save some face. It likely won't decide the series so win win for them. They should have suspended him the series before.

mngopher35
06-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Lol said this in the other thread. Definitely not as bad as last series but this could make the nba some money by potentially extending the series (at least better chance for that).

Scoots
06-12-2016, 02:47 PM
I don't think they were trying but to eliminate the possibility that winning it would be in question. I don't want an * to our ship and this way their will be no doubt:nod:.

Didn't face the Clips, didn't face the Spurs, Thunder collapsed, NBA on their side, Cavs ... uhh ... Cavs ... uhh ... needed another year to learn to play under Lue?

Scoots
06-12-2016, 02:47 PM

You haven't been watching the NBA then.

L8kers4life
06-12-2016, 02:49 PM
I would bench him for Iggy and start Mo Buckets as our stretch 4. This strategy will clear the lanes for our backcourt duo to cut thru the middle with timely passes from Bogut at the middle of the key and if the lane collapses quickly, we kick it out to Mo Buckets at the top of the key on the switch or Iggy at the wing for the open 3 :nod:.

I so need to be an associate coach for this team :nod:

That's the stupidest idea I have ever heard why not just start Iggy and let Barnes play stretch 4. Green and Barnes have always been able to stretch the floor and switch on each other's man. Speights is a Horrible idea, who the hell would guard LeBron if Mo and Bogut start together. Man if you were a coach they would laugh at you.

Raps18-19 Champ
Lol it'd be funny if the Warriors win but Draymond is FMVP and he can't be in the arena.

beasted86
You haven't been watching the NBA then.
Replay links?

Sportsguy9695
06-12-2016, 02:50 PM
how does he get suspended for this but didnt get suspended for the first kick?

D Blue987
06-12-2016, 02:50 PM
Looks like Green is going to miss the last game of the nba season. bummer. That is such a crappy suspension.

numba1CHANGsta
06-12-2016, 02:51 PM
Of course this was going to happen guys, they're playing LeBron, the NBA is going to do their best to make sure LeBron wins the championship. But actually this is bad news for CLE, GS is going to come out the gates motivated even more so expect big games from both Curry and Klay and their bench is going to play hard AF!

Scoots
06-12-2016, 02:51 PM
That's what I was thinking.. Sad part is Green cant even be in the arena. I hope Curry goes off again and still blow them out

Really? I know he can't be on the floor, but he's not allowed to be in the locker room? That's nuts that he could miss winning a title for phantom contact so slight nobody including the refs noticed.

I was a LeBron fan, but he had to lie to get Green suspended so add lying to the reasons to hate him.

Teeboy1487
06-12-2016, 02:52 PM
Seriously NBA, how do you get this wrong twice? Draymond did not deserve a suspension but he certainly did when he kicked Adams.

kdspurman
06-12-2016, 02:52 PM
Dude has had it coming. He should know everything he does be magnified. The fact that it happened to LeBron is what probably sealed it.

Had he done it to Tristan Thompson or Frye or someone, it probably goes unpunished again. The kick to Adams pretty much showed that + they were down in the series . (which I thought was much worse)

Raps18-19 Champ
06-12-2016, 02:53 PM
Really? I know he can't be on the floor, but he's not allowed to be in the locker room? That's nuts that he could miss winning a title for phantom contact so slight nobody including the refs noticed.

I was a LeBron fan, but he had to lie to get Green suspended so add lying to the reasons to hate him.

Well what about when Draymond lied so he wouldn't get suspended by saying he didn't do his kick on purpose.

Iron24th
Doesn't matter how much the league is trying to help lebron, GS will still win game 5.

mngopher35
Lol it'd be funny if the Warriors win but Draymond is FMVP and he can't be in the arena.

Outside of $$$ from the games I highly doubt the nba wanted him winning fmvp. This is a win win for them.

Procision
Green is an absolute huge hit to the warriors. Kyrie is going to kill the Warriors with picks if they can't go small at the 5.

Kush McDaniels
06-12-2016, 02:54 PM
It's funny because the only reason Green didn't get suspended in the Thunder series was because they were down 3-1, now they're up 3-1 and he gets it.

Sportsguy9695
06-12-2016, 02:55 PM
Doesn't matter how much the league is trying to help lebron, GS will still win game 5.

how are they trying to help lebron. the dude deserves the suspension. its not like they said the cavs are down 3-1 lets suspend you

kdspurman
Lol said this in the other thread. Definitely not as bad as last series but this could make the nba some money by potentially extending the series (at least better chance for that).

Yea.. Possible to extend the series now which is good for the league. I know we weren't sure but I've seen a few people say he isn't allowed in the arena. That could be awkward if GS pulls it off lol

Aust
NBA want to make the Finals more interesting by keeping Cleveland in it? Draymond brought this on himself with his history though.

Iron24th
06-12-2016, 02:56 PM
If green can't be in the arena while the championship is celebrated by his team, this the biggest punk move from silver.

kdspurman
06-12-2016, 02:56 PM
Well what about when Draymond lied so he wouldn't get suspended by saying he didn't do his kick on purpose.

Very true

Scoots
06-12-2016, 02:57 PM
That's the stupidest idea I have ever heard why not just start Iggy and let Barnes play stretch 4. Green and Barnes have always been able to stretch the floor and switch on each other's man. Speights is a Horrible idea, who the hell would guard LeBron if Mo and Bogut start together. Man if you were a coach they would laugh at you.

Dush hates Barnes.

bucketss
06-12-2016, 02:58 PM
ahahhaha what a joke

He gets suspended for that but not a kick to the balls lol

This league is such a joke **** Silver hes almost as pathetic as david stern

he got a flagrant 1 for this.
he got a flagrant 2 for his kick.
reason hes getting suspended is because he accumulated 4 flagrant fouls over the course of the playoffs, every flagrant after 4 will result in suspension. this was long time coming league did the right thing. i hope this costs the warriors the chip.

D Blue987
06-12-2016, 02:58 PM
how does he get suspended for this but didnt get suspended for the first kick?

I agree. He should have been suspended for the Adams incident. If he had been suspended though, possible the Thunder would have been playing in the finals instead of the Warriors. This suspension reeks of desperation by the NBA to extend the finals.

42-15-7
06-12-2016, 02:59 PM
There's so much irony in this one decision it's hard to keep track.

1) James instigating Green by stepping across him is undeniably LeBron's single biggest contribution to winning the series. Total punk move from a guy who then turned around and hid behind his family.

2) Green is a moron for falling for it, particularly after having had so many warnings. Idiot.

3) In retrospect, it's now clear that Green should have been suspended for the groin kick to Adams, which might very well have tipped the series in OKC's favor. Sorry OKC!

4) Because the NBA didn't have the balls to suspend Green earlier for a truly egregious act, they now look like total ******* for suspending Green for this trivial act.

But the best part? Gotta hope that GS beats the Cavs on Monday even shorthanded. (And I would still give them the edge, because Iggy is as good or better than Green against LeBron.)

numba1CHANGsta
06-12-2016, 02:59 PM
Seriously NBA, how do you get this wrong twice? Draymond did not deserve a suspension but he certainly did when he kicked Adams.

Cuz the NBA could care less about Adams, but they're LeBron's nut huggers

Iron24th
06-12-2016, 03:00 PM
how are they trying to help lebron. the dude deserves the suspension. its not like they said the cavs are down 3-1 lets suspend you

Maybe that's exactly what they said unofficially, how do you know?

giantspwn
06-12-2016, 03:00 PM
LOL.

Green gets a flagrant and Lebron just a technical. This is absolute garbage. The league has an agenda to try and extend this series. Congratulations Bron the league's heard your crying plea. This is just going tomake the Cavs look more pathetic when they lose the series.

I have to admit Green was right calling Bron a "*****".

sf-fanatic
06-12-2016, 03:02 PM
Lol the Cavs got what they wanted but they probably also bumped up the fans intensity and hatred for Lebron another level another 2x. Oracle will be crazy on Monday

tredigs
06-12-2016, 03:07 PM
Makes sense honestly. Just another retroactive flagrant and because it was 2 total it was the auto-suspension (I assume). There's really nothing completely BS about either the Adams decision or this one, although this was definitely on the very-weak side of suspension worthy, it was sort of a cumulative thing. Shame he can't keep his head on straight in situations like that, he shouldn't have been in a situation to make this happen. The way the Warriors are constructed Draymond is CRUCIAL to the lineup. There's no death lineup without him, and it means a lot more Mo Speights time (which is bad). This is setting the stage for a possible game 7 (which the Warriors will win).

42-15-7
06-12-2016, 03:07 PM
Green is contributing 15, 9 and 6 per game this series.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2016-nba-finals-cavaliers-vs-warriors.html

Iggy is 10, 5 and 4 on six minutes less per game.

Yes, Green is good defensively, but so is Iggy, particularly on LeBron. And Green has 1.8 TO per game compared with Iggy's 0.5.

Good luck to the Cavs! :p

Vinylman
06-12-2016, 03:09 PM
At least the cowards are self identifying in this thread. Anyone who wants to see a championship game without the best players on the floor is a chump. The league discipline process is a joke and used to manipulate outcomes.

Allphakenny1
06-12-2016, 03:12 PM
Why are people saying if Green was suspended after the Adams kick, it may have allowed the Thunder to win? The Warriors lost the next game and Green played horribly. The non suspension had no effect on the series. The Warriors win regardless.

Teeboy1487
06-12-2016, 03:13 PM
LOL.

Green gets a flagrant and Lebron just a technical. This is absolute garbage. The league has an agenda to try and extend this series. Congratulations Bron the league's heard your crying plea. This is just going tomake the Cavs look more pathetic when they lose the series.

I have to admit Green was right calling Bron a "*****".
Utter BS indeed. Should have been double techs on both players and nothing more. You know what's funny. I was outraged when Green was not suspended for the Adams kicked. Now I'm outraged he was suspended. What an 180 for me.

numba1CHANGsta
06-12-2016, 03:14 PM
Cant wait for the crybaby LeWuss finally retires

bucketss
06-12-2016, 03:16 PM
I agree. He should have been suspended for the Adams incident. If he had been suspended though, possible the Thunder would have been playing in the finals instead of the Warriors. This suspension reeks of desperation by the NBA to extend the finals.

no, they lost the next game anyways.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-12-2016, 03:19 PM
Got a question. If they called the Adams kick correctly as a flagrant, and all he got in this play was a tech, would he not be suspended anyway?

sf-fanatic
06-12-2016, 03:20 PM
They shoulda just given double technicals instead of giving Green a flagrant. It's kind of funny how this was a flagrant lololol

Vinylman
06-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Why are people saying if Green was suspended after the Adams kick, it may have allowed the Thunder to win? The Warriors lost the next game and Green played horribly. The non suspension had no effect on the series. The Warriors win regardless.

Because they are sheep and incapable critical thinking

sf-fanatic
06-12-2016, 03:35 PM
Wow the rules show that if Draymond shows up to the arena BEFORE, DURING, OR AFTER the game he gets a $500 fine (its nothing to him). What would the nba think of Green dishes out the 20k and buys a seat behind or at the end of the Cavs bench ? Lolololol

D-Leethal
I'm not surprised mother ****ers...

jason

They're saying it might just be a $500 fine to be in the arena.. He would easily eat that for the celebration

nastynice
06-12-2016, 03:43 PM
lol, oh my god. From
What I hear he's not even allowed in the arena? That really sucks if true

*nvm, this has already clearly been brought up. Hope the $500 fine thing is true

nastynice
06-12-2016, 03:45 PM
Wow the rules show that if Draymond shows up to the arena BEFORE, DURING, OR AFTER the game he gets a $500 fine (its nothing to him). What would the nba think of Green dishes out the 20k and buys a seat behind or at the end of the Cavs bench ? Lolololol

lmaoooo!!! Do it Dray!!!

mngopher35

Hahahaha that would be amazing

kdspurman
Well this is cleared up

Ken Berger of CBS reported while a suspended player is banned from the arena, Green will not be forced to miss the postgame celebration if the Warriors win Game 5.

kdspurman
06-12-2016, 03:47 PM

Some wwf stuff there... If anyone does it I'm sure it'd be him

nastynice
06-12-2016, 03:48 PM
Got a question. If they called the Adams kick correctly as a flagrant, and all he got in this play was a tech, would he not be suspended anyway?

Na, he's got 1 tech in the holster. He's currently at 5, ur allowed 6, then 7th gets u suspended

tredigs
06-12-2016, 03:49 PM
Very true

We can't pretend to know that was on purpose. I was a .gif of him doing similar kicks trying to draw contact dozens upon dozens of times after that happened. Originally I was positive it was on purpose, then I realized it was a lot less obvious what happened. I think he tried to flail at him, but not actually hit his nuts. Anyway, past is the past. I'm fine with this suspension. Gives the haters even less room to talk their nonsense concerning this team.

NYKnickFanatic
06-12-2016, 03:50 PM
So that was more malicious than the kick? 😂😂😂

MTL_123
06-12-2016, 03:51 PM
lol why would the league even impose a $500 fine lol

Bostonjorge
06-12-2016, 04:00 PM
Lebron is the only guy who would want to weaken a team so be can try to win and claim to be the best. Everyone else likes to beat the best to be the best.

MTL_123
06-12-2016, 04:05 PM
i hope the season doesn't end tomorrow i hope it goes 7

(No more blowouts)

Crackadalic
06-12-2016, 04:08 PM
Curry going for 40 no doubt

Iron24th
06-12-2016, 04:09 PM
Well this is cleared up

This is the right move.

42-15-7
06-12-2016, 04:11 PM
Lebron is the only guy who would want to weaken a team so be can try to win and claim to be the best. Everyone else likes to beat the best to be the best.

Yeah, and now you watch LeBron back peddle to get as far away from the NBA's call as possible. He'll say he had nothing to do with it, that Green "didn't make a basketball play" and on and on.

What he won't say is that he instigated the whole thing because he and the Cavs can't beat GS straight up.

bucketss
06-12-2016, 04:13 PM
Curry going for 40 no doubt

depends if his injured or healthy tonight. it changes game to game for him

bucketss
06-12-2016, 04:19 PM
Yeah, and now you watch LeBron back peddle to get as far away from the NBA's call as possible. He'll say he had nothing to do with it, that Green "didn't make a basketball play" and on and on.

What he won't say is that he instigated the whole thing because he and the Cavs can't beat GS straight up.

yeah its brons fault green can't keep his hands away from peoples private parts http://i.imgur.com/R7o5IJ6.png

CubsRule08
06-12-2016, 04:21 PM
Does it really matter?

They got Green since they screwed up the Adams field goal kick to the groin, but Cleveland still has no chance to win tomorrow so it's a moot point now. There's no way GS is losing tomorrow night

Bruno
06-12-2016, 04:21 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

you have to be a fool to believe that this is about anything else.

Bruno
06-12-2016, 04:26 PM
This is just a make-up call. They probably should have suspended him last time and missed the boat. So they made sure to get him now. The guy has to keep his legs and arms to himself though. But it seems like he can't help himself

they ignored the kick to extend the OKC series. GS was going to lose if Draymond was suspended like he should have been under todays rules. Now they're suspending him for nothing... to extend the series.

if we learned anything from 2002 it's that the league doesn't care who wins, they just want a long series for the television money.

this has nothing to do with basketball, if it did they would have suspended him the first time.

Saddletramp
06-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Good. **** that guy. I imagine the Warriors will probably still win tomorrow night, though.

But yeah, no way they do this if it was 2-2.

Bruno
06-12-2016, 04:28 PM
I feel bad for the Golden State fans who earned the right to watch their team win at home. now they'll wrap it up in game six in Cleveland to insure that no miracle in game seven gets in their way.

Dray was also pacing to be the Finals MVP, ***** up for grabs now.

ewing
06-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Surprised but i guess that is karma

eDush
06-12-2016, 04:32 PM
Does it really matter?

They got Green since they screwed up the Adams field goal kick to the groin, but Cleveland still has no chance to win tomorrow so it's a moot point now. There's no way GS is losing tomorrow night
Then why show up if there's no way to win? Anything can happen in sports...trust me on this :nod:.

DarkKnight
06-12-2016, 04:32 PM
Nba will always be a joke , it's been a while since things were called correctly

sf-fanatic
06-12-2016, 04:35 PM
If the Warriors end up winning game 5, I bet Adam Silver will get someone to do the congratulatory speech because the fans will be booing him so loud he cant hear himself. :laugh2:

nastynice
06-12-2016, 04:36 PM
We can't pretend to know that was on purpose. I was a .gif of him doing similar kicks trying to draw contact dozens upon dozens of times after that happened. Originally I was positive it was on purpose, then I realized it was a lot less obvious what happened. I think he tried to flail at him, but not actually hit his nuts. Anyway, past is the past. I'm fine with this suspension. Gives the haters even less room to talk their nonsense concerning this team.

x2. I initially ripped into green too, but then I started seeing that he always makes that flail move when he takes contact. The flail was on purpose, there's no good reason to think he actually hit his junk on purpose

GoferKing_
06-12-2016, 04:36 PM
Way too late...

Bruno
06-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Outside of $$$ from the games I highly doubt the nba wanted him winning fmvp. This is a win win for them.

side victory of this mess: Steph wins Finals MVP. Can't have the golden boy not win it twice in a row...

lol, please
06-12-2016, 04:39 PM
https://twitter.com/ScottCacciola/status/742055897417932800?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Scott Cacciola Verified account
‏@ScottCacciola

NBA: Draymond Green suspended for Game 5.

For WHAT? :confused:

What did he do to get suspended? Seriously. Stand up for himself when Lebron was trying to bully him towards the end of the game?

This is BS. The league is a joke.

Vinylman
06-12-2016, 04:42 PM
they ignored the kick to extend the OKC series. GS was going to lose if Draymond was suspended like he should have been under todays rules. Now they're suspending him for nothing... to extend the series.

if we learned anything from 2002 it's that the league doesn't care who wins, they just want a long series for the television money.

this has nothing to do with basketball, if it did they would have suspended him the first time.

Green getting suspended in the okc series would have had zero impact on the series. GS lost game 4...

Don't let the facts get in the way of your narrative though

nastynice
06-12-2016, 04:47 PM
side victory of this mess: Steph wins Finals MVP. Can't have the golden boy not win it twice in a row...

Don't nobody care bout fmvp. Rings or bust. Strength in numbers! :)

Rush
06-12-2016, 04:54 PM
For WHAT? :confused:

What did he do to get suspended? Seriously. Stand up for himself when Lebron was trying to bully him towards the end of the game?

This is BS. The league is a joke.

He "threw a fist at LeBron". :rolleyes: A pretty weak excuse for a flagrant.

42-15-7
06-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Green getting suspended in the okc series would have had zero impact on the series. GS lost game 4...

If you look at events in a purely linear fashion, maybe that's true.

But events don't unfold in a linear fashion. Once you change one variable you don't know how everything else plays out. You can guess, but you don't know.

If Green misses Game 4 against OKC still wins, maybe Green overcompensates in Game 5. It was an advantage to GS to have Green on the court in the Game 4 loss, because he experienced the loss as a player. That also helped the coaching staff determine where the problems were, because they didn't have to wonder if Green being out was a big part of the reason why they lost.

I'm not saying OKC would have won for sure, but that would have been a big chance, and it's not clear how Green himself would have handled it. What I am saying is that the NBA boxed themselves into this corner now because they didn't suspend Green when they should have.

GiantsSwaGG
06-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Smh RIGGED

Pfeifer
06-12-2016, 04:56 PM

Lol. But the okc series. Also Lebron is the best and Curry obviously sucks.

Bruno
06-12-2016, 05:06 PM

a Laker fan who doesn't want to hear a word about 2002 or related scenarios where the league attempts to extend series? thanks for coming in and fulfilling that stereotype Vinyl.

OKC winning game 4 has nothing to do with the intention behind the leagues decision to not suspend.
Who said anything about the leagues attempts to extend seven game series always playing out the way they planned? at the end of they day they can only influence a close game. OKC didn't play that ****, doesn't mean it wasn't in the cards.

tredigs
06-12-2016, 05:09 PM
a Laker fan who doesn't want to hear a word about 2002 or related scenarios where the league attempts to extend series? thanks for coming in and fulfilling that stereotype Vinyl.

OKC winning game 4 has nothing to do with the intention behind the leagues decision to not suspend.
Who said anything about the leagues attempts to extend seven game series always playing out the way they planned? at the end of they day they can only influence a close game. OKC didn't play that ****, doesn't mean it wasn't in the cards.

To me your line of thinking is not very different from those who still think the draft lottery is rigged. If all you're doing is looking for holes, you'll find them. I don't think they wanted to suspend Draymond, I think they felt like their hand was being forced by him.

5ass
06-12-2016, 05:12 PM
To me your line of thinking is not very different from those who still think the draft lottery is rigged. If all you're doing is looking for holes, you'll find them. I don't think they wanted to suspend Draymond, I think they felt like their hand was being forced by him.

Yes.

jason
06-12-2016, 05:13 PM

We were probably better off if he did get suspended because he probably played his worst game ever in game 4 lol

Monta is beast
06-12-2016, 05:16 PM
We'll still close it out in 5.

Curry
Thompson
Iggy
Barnes
Bogut

Is what i would roll with. Boges needs to have a game like he did when he had 5 blocks in the 1st quarter.

Monta is beast
06-12-2016, 05:17 PM
The nba is fixed in favor of the warriors tho...

Bruno
06-12-2016, 05:17 PM

i don't like the comparison. what financial benefit comes with rigging a lottery? it's abstract at best, maybe a big prospect becomes a great player and avoids all injury for a decade in a big market that can cash in?

in the extension of a 7 games series, the payout is more direct. the only reason why the league is in such a kushy place is because of this mammoth TV deal. would it be ideal or not ideal for the WCF and NBA finals to be game five games each the season before that contract kicks in?

we have a confirmed and documented history of corruption within the officiating ranks. nothing is sacred any more, cash is king. your opinion on what happened in 2002 is?

Bruno
06-12-2016, 05:18 PM
Yes.

no.

Bruno
06-12-2016, 05:22 PM
Don't nobody care bout fmvp. Rings or bust. Strength in numbers! :)

thats part of what makes GS a special team.

grkmaster
06-12-2016, 05:26 PM
Thisgame is gonna be very intense

Klay: I'm shocked some guys take trash talk so personal http://es.pn/1U2Xkew

Lebron response to Klay
http://www.snappytv.com/tc/2138306/1059885

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

LA_Raiders
06-12-2016, 05:30 PM
This is bs. The comish wants to make more money. Warriors in 5.

Saddletramp
06-12-2016, 05:34 PM
Thisgame is gonna be very intense

Klay: I'm shocked some guys take trash talk so personal http://es.pn/1U2Xkew

Lebron response to Klay
http://www.snappytv.com/tc/2138306/1059885

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Can't watch the videos right now.....what are the jists?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-12-2016, 05:36 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

you have to be a fool to believe that this is about anything else.

Ethan StraussVerified account
‏@SherwoodStrauss Ethan Strauss Retweeted Chris
The NBA's TV $ is locked in. They don't get more for extending this series

Monta is beast
06-12-2016, 05:41 PM
The dude he gave this decision, his wife posted something on twitter that they got into a fight over this alrercation yesterday. Warriors pissed about that.

Also how does lebron get a tech but draymond gets a flagrant thats very unusual and to me shows intent on wanting to suspend green instead of punishing him for the actualy play.

bucketss
06-12-2016, 05:44 PM

they still get revenue from sold out arenas

ewing
06-12-2016, 05:45 PM
Anyone know what Green said to Bron?

bucketss
06-12-2016, 05:48 PM

the b word.

ewing
06-12-2016, 05:50 PM
This is bs. The comish wants to make more money. Warriors in 5.

I kind of wish he wasn't suspended. I don't know if he tried to hit his nuts this time and its not even what got Bron riled. That said you can't just keep hitting guys in the nuts. I don't like any suspension in the playoffs. Its even worse in the finals but Green is out of control. Accident or not, he made his bed

ewing
06-12-2016, 05:51 PM
the b word.

got to be more then that.

Heediot
06-12-2016, 05:54 PM

The networks can make more money. I am sure espn would rather have more nba games then other sports filler.

This series has been big with ratings, this bodes well for future bids. JUst because it's locked in doesn't mean there isn't potential money to be made.

This Ethan guys is a GS/NBA shill, pretty sure most of the espn nba writers are shills of the league/respective team. I am sure at least half the respected writers out there have to suck the leagues nuts.

Heediot
06-12-2016, 06:02 PM
x2. I initially ripped into green too, but then I started seeing that he always makes that flail move when he takes contact. The flail was on purpose, there's no good reason to think he actually hit his junk on purpose

Don't fall for his act, the guy just continued to over-exaggerate his flails after the incident, one kick Green made was like a sky high flail the following game. That kick was so pretentious, dude is trying to fool the public. The only guys who changed their minds after the non-suspension are still 1/2 of the GS fans and 1 percent of the nation,

DboneG
06-12-2016, 06:03 PM
It's going 7 games! Just like Blake dunking over a Kia! Scripted

DboneG
06-12-2016, 06:05 PM
When GS lose game 7....Blame Draymond!

tredigs
06-12-2016, 06:11 PM

Called him a "b word" a couple times. Lebron is so used to yes-men that rattled him. Good to know, though.

Saddletramp
06-12-2016, 06:11 PM
Don't fall for his act, the guy just continued to over-exaggerate his flails after the incident, one kick Green made was like a sky high flail the following game. That kick was so pretentious, dude is trying to fool the public. The only guys who changed their minds after the non-suspension are still 1/2 of the GS fans and 1 percent of the nation,

Yeah, he can flail all he wants (although technically it's flopping and since the NBA has already deemed it as flopping then he should get fined for flopping every time) but as soon as his leg cones in contact with a head, crotch or honestly any body part then he should be hit with a flagrant 2. He'll stop doing that ******** real quick.

And a $500 fine for anyone showing up when they're banned from the arena? That's like giving us regular dudes a $2 fine for speeding; it's just not a deterrent so why even make them banned? Just don't let them play or even sit with their teammates.

Saddletramp
06-12-2016, 06:16 PM
Called him a "b word" a couple times. Lebron is so used to yes-men that rattled him. Good to know, though.

It's funny that Green called someday a batch because he seems like one if the biggest *****es in the league. Kicking a guy in the balls and then lying that he didn't know he did it. His foot went up, he was looking right at Adams then his foot came down yet he didn't know he kicked and made contact? What a lying little *****.

Bostonjorge
06-12-2016, 06:16 PM
Cavs lose game 5 after this then that's the biggest choke in NBA history.

bucketss
06-12-2016, 06:25 PM

im sure much worse things were said to him in the past, especially since he has went up against garnet multiple times in his career. he reacted because he was butt hurt about losing the game

Bruno
06-12-2016, 06:26 PM

The comment section on this reddit post is pretty interesting to read through.

Bruno
06-12-2016, 06:30 PM
maybe i'm being a **** for saying that you have to be an idiot to believe that this is about anything that money. but i just can't understand why he gets suspended for this and not the kick. the toronto player got suspended for so much less 24 hours before the kick.

all we've ever asked for as fans is consistency with how rules are implemented. while i love the aggressive play that the refs are allowing in the post season it seems like the league office has made a lot of contradictory calls. the blown suspension after game three has already dropped off the discussion boards, why bring it all back with this suspension? seems like it would create a controversy, so whats the benefit?

Monta is beast
06-12-2016, 06:40 PM
How does he get a flagrant but lebron gets a t...intent to suspend

TheNumber37
06-12-2016, 06:44 PM
The NBA is just trying to extend the series to get more money. This is ridiculous.

It also Kills Green's chances of being the finals MVP with a big game.

Warriors will still win by 20, but damn.

They just have to play barnes at the 4 and start Iggy.

Brandon Rush will have to hit some shots.

bucketss
06-12-2016, 06:46 PM
gsw always finds a way to win anyways

europagnpilgrim
06-12-2016, 06:54 PM
Didn't face the Clips, didn't face the Spurs, Thunder collapsed, NBA on their side, Cavs ... uhh ... Cavs ... uhh ... needed another year to learn to play under Lue?

the Warriors title or possibly back to back would be just as legit as any in any era

people say Russell won because of it being easier and only having like 8 or 9 teams back then and his team was super stacked

Magic won because the West as a whole wasn't as strong as what Bird/DrJ/Zeke had to face to get there and they wore each other out, reason why Magic was 5-4 in finals, could have been 4-5 if Thomas doesn't basically break his ankle

Jordan won because all of those previous mentioned dynasty stacked teams faded away and they hit the league with expansion teams on both of his 3peats to water it down even more

so its safe to say the Warriors are just doing what they do, beat whoever is in front and take it in stride

Bostonjorge
06-12-2016, 07:00 PM

You mean Cavs always find a way to blow it

MagicBucsSox
06-12-2016, 07:00 PM

It's called accumulation

europagnpilgrim
06-12-2016, 07:01 PM
they still get revenue from sold out arenas

and add the parking lot $, flights from the team+fanatical fans traveling/food/merchandise/media work etc. and its a plenty enough to want it at least to go 6 at worst since Cavs fans will pack the house

similar to the way Toronto pushed the Cavs to 6, all that money and passion the fans showed outside the arena, that was a crowd outside of the actual in arena crowd, what a storyline for passionate fanatics so different fan bases can copy off of or appreciate it more if they do that already

likemystylez
06-12-2016, 07:01 PM

agreed, this doesnt feel right.

MagicBucsSox
06-12-2016, 07:02 PM

Genius another flagrant granted a suspension anyway

mngopher35
06-12-2016, 07:02 PM
maybe i'm being a **** for saying that you have to be an idiot to believe that this is about anything that money. but i just can't understand why he gets suspended for this and not the kick. the toronto player got suspended for so much less 24 hours before the kick.

all we've ever asked for as fans is consistency with how rules are implemented. while i love the aggressive play that the refs are allowing in the post season it seems like the league office has made a lot of contradictory calls. the blown suspension after game three has already dropped off the discussion boards, why bring it all back with this suspension? seems like it would create a controversy, so whats the benefit?

I feel like money has to play a part in it. Also this should ensure draymond won't win fmvp (and more likely for curry) which they probably prefer as well.

Otherwise I agree that there was no need for this. It was kinda predictable given the situation though.

likemystylez
06-12-2016, 07:03 PM

they lost by 30 to this team less than a week ago. and warriors have beaten this team 8 of last 9 times

xxplayerxx23
06-12-2016, 07:03 PM
Warriors are still going to win lol

likemystylez
06-12-2016, 07:06 PM
Warriors are still going to win lol

I seriously think I am the only warriors fan who is concerned about this effecting the outcome of game 5. I feel like im the only one who understands basketball and all the good that green does for this team

DanG
06-12-2016, 07:07 PM
If the series was 3-3 the suspension doesn't happen. It's BS.

The Cavs were actually pushing the NBA to suspend Green? seriously fck this franchice. I hope GSW blows them out and Green cusses out Silver.

WaDe03
06-12-2016, 07:08 PM
I seriously think I am the only warriors fan who is concerned about this effecting the outcome of game 5. I feel like im the only one who understands basketball and all the good that green does for this team

I will agree, a lot of you don't understand basketball.

Oaktown34
06-12-2016, 07:10 PM
I have noticed so many people are making it seem like GSW only got by OKC because Green wasn't suspended a game. Well the kick was in game 3 and he would have got suspended in game 4, which the Warriors lost by nearly 30. To this day I don't think the kick was on purpose but the Warriors gained no advantage in that series because of it.

europagnpilgrim
06-12-2016, 07:12 PM
i don't like the comparison. what financial benefit comes with rigging a lottery? it's abstract at best, maybe a big prospect becomes a great player and avoids all injury for a decade in a big market that can cash in?

in the extension of a 7 games series, the payout is more direct. the only reason why the league is in such a kushy place is because of this mammoth TV deal. would it be ideal or not ideal for the WCF and NBA finals to be game five games each the season before that contract kicks in?

we have a confirmed and documented history of corruption within the officiating ranks. nothing is sacred any more, cash is king. your opinion on what happened in 2002 is?

the financial benefit Is placing a marquee/franchise changing player to a lower level team to start competing and winning/selling tickets/jerseys to bring in revenue, that's basic business, its reason why they made changes to keep drafted superstars with that team as far as being able to pay them more and extra year on deal

also off topic that pic you have of Kobe eliminating 50 win teams go look at how many times he was on a 50+ win team, he had the better 50 win team for the most part, which isn't really that impressive unless I am wrong and he played on 7-8th seeds for pretty much all his career

to top it off he was a lottery pick drafted by a 50+ win team, imagine that

likemystylez
06-12-2016, 07:12 PM
If the series was 3-3 the suspension doesn't happen. It's BS.

The Cavs were actually pushing the NBA to suspend Green? seriously fck this franchice. I hope GSW blows them out and Green cusses out Silver.

actually if warriors really wanted to piss off the league. they forfeit the game and dont allow an airing at all. let the league deal with explaining that. no point in risking injury to the other players when its clear the league is going to whatever is necessary to extend the series anyway

Oaktown34
06-12-2016, 07:14 PM
I do find it odd that this was called a flagrant foul because of unnecessary contact and the Steph vs Beverly dust up was only double techs and there were far more unnecessary contact in that exchange.

WaDe03
06-12-2016, 07:18 PM
depends if his injured or healthy tonight. it changes game to game for him

Yea really just depends on what happens. If he plays bad he's for sure injured though.

beasted86
06-12-2016, 07:19 PM
As I said earlier, I'm totally good with the suspension because its karma.

But down to the details? I don't understand why it's a flagrant, honestly. It should be a technical.

Stunner
06-12-2016, 07:23 PM
Justice

Captain Moroni
06-12-2016, 07:23 PM
Bill Laimbeer would have missed half the season then

Stunner
06-12-2016, 07:24 PM
Draymond fell for the bait though. I don't have a problem with what Lebron did and Draymond fell for it.

Yup lol

Green tried to get that nut shot in https://youtu.be/S4ESyLXha0s

jerellh528
Not worthy of a suspension imo. This is pretty bogus, I want to watch the best in the world compete on the grandest stage.

Oaktown34
Lebron instigated it, escalated it and prolonged it. Green shouldn't have swung his arm but I do know he didn't hit Lebron in the nuts. He didn't at any point gesture and reach toward his groin and any time you get hit there it is instinctual to reach there.

More-Than-Most
06-12-2016, 07:34 PM
Deserved and should have happened long ago.... that being said everyone knew it would happen because its 3-1... if it was 2-2 they would never have done it... this league is a joke

beasted86
06-12-2016, 07:35 PM
Lebron instigated it, escalated it and prolonged it. Green shouldn't have swung his arm but I do know he didn't hit Lebron in the nuts. He didn't at any point gesture and reach toward his groin and any time you get hit there it is instinctual to reach there.

Refs should have called a double tech in the first place, which is what I believed should have been called based on recent history.

But I disagree that LeBron instigated it. I think you should be allowed to step over a player so long as there is no actual contact and it was somewhat necessary (IE: player was legitimately in the path). And I believe that should be so even if there is a possible "intimidation" factor to it like in this case (and the famous Iverson step over). But LeBron did escalate it and prolong it and deserved the tech.

Green swiped twice at LeBron and lightly connected on one, which is basically a "push" in my view and he also deserved a tech. I don't understand the flagrant call, but I believe its necessary karma.

More-Than-Most

This.. nothing else needs to be said.... makeup call... it was a nut shot and again deserved but this wasnt worse than the kick

Dirtiest player in the game and i will actually laugh when someone injures him because this tool will injure people with how he flails his arms and legs constantly

bucketss

if he didn't have a history aiming down there he prob wouldn't be suspended, green is getting a bit too consistent with with his shots.

More-Than-Most
06-12-2016, 07:37 PM
NBA is so rigged man. He should have been suspended against OKC but wasn't because the Warriors were losing the series. Now that the Warriors are up 3-1, they suspend Green for something not nearly as bad.

Don't know why I even bother with this sport when they make it so obvious that they only care about the storyline.

and this is spot on... if it was 2-2 they dont suspend him... this has become as fixed as wrestling.

Oaktown34
06-12-2016, 07:42 PM
Well if history is a factor then why isn't any of it brought up with Iggy get hit in the groin area. Lebron elbowed him there last year in the finals and in game two I believe this year and Delly(polled as dirtiest play in NBA) got him.

Wade_County
06-12-2016, 07:48 PM
Suspension or not the fact that he can not attend the game is what I have a problem with. If he attends the game he is fined 140k. Should be allowed to celebrate after an possible win.

More-Than-Most
06-12-2016, 07:49 PM
Well if history is a factor then why isn't any of it brought up with Iggy get hit in the groin area. Lebron elbowed him there last year in the finals and in game two I believe this year and Delly(polled as dirtiest play in NBA) got him.

Lebron this year was going for the ball and that was clear as day... green was going for the nuts.... just stop... this is the type of logic that is clearly just trolling. Post on your real account pls.

More-Than-Most
06-12-2016, 07:49 PM
Suspension or not the fact that he can not attend the game is what I have a problem with. If he attends the game he is fined 140k. Should be allowed to celebrate after an possible win.

if he wasnt dirty he wouldnt be in this position... ****ing deserves it.

LaLa_Land
06-12-2016, 07:51 PM
Semantics. Whether they called the technical/flagrant during the game or the day after, Green would have hit the cap on the flagrant point system during the playoffs. A blatant pattern has developed.

This is a situation where a guy has continuously been a dick. Undebatable. He flexes, snarls, screams, and stares at opponents on every play like he's some sort of street fighter. When in reality, he quite literally just goes around sack-tapping people.

The Warriors will most likely emerge victorious in the finals - so Green should just use this as an apparatus for humbling oneself. He's a fantastic all-around player, and a wildly versatile defender - but dude, stop flexing and flailing all the time. It's super awkward.

As for the conspiracy theories, *yawn*.

Monta is beast
06-12-2016, 07:54 PM
Warriors are clowning on lebron on twitter to reporters to the media..there saying he uas clout and made the call to get green suspended. How does lebron get a t but dg gets a flagrant makes 0.0 sense

bklynny67
06-12-2016, 07:55 PM
NBA saw an opportunity to help Lebron win so they took it

ewing
06-12-2016, 07:55 PM
if he wasnt dirty he wouldnt be in this position... ****ing deserves it.

i agree. i honestly don't like the ruling on the play but Green has established a clear pattern and had gotten away with a **** ton going into this so

jason
06-12-2016, 08:10 PM
got to be more then that.

No that was it.. You can kind of read Lebrons lips saying "I'm not a *****"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99K60MhXuzM

More-Than-Most
06-12-2016, 08:31 PM
Warriors are clowning on lebron on twitter to reporters to the media..there saying he uas clout and made the call to get green suspended. How does lebron get a t but dg gets a flagrant makes 0.0 sense

what currys gf said was ****ing hilarious lol

That being said they can all be mad but they are all morons honestly... Its deserved... One gets a T for stepping over someone and the other gets a flagrant for hitting someone in the nuts... How is this not understandable?

WaDe03
06-12-2016, 08:37 PM

That being said they can all be mad but they are all morons honestly... Its deserved... One gets a T for stepping over someone and the other gets a flagrant for hitting someone in the nuts... How is this not understandable?

Exactly, the dude hit someone in the nuts for the 3rd time and was finally punished. People are seriously confused as to why LeBron didn't get a flagrant and it's baffling. Green hit him in the ****ing nuts, LeBron didn't hit him in the nuts. It's really that simple.

aman_13
06-12-2016, 08:37 PM
He was upset at LeBron for stepping over him so he swung his arm in anger. Both players were in the wrong but If he wasnt going to be suspended for the kick on Adams, then why now? These types of altercations happen over the course of the yr without any suspensions or warnings. The NBA really blew it here.

bucketss
06-12-2016, 08:45 PM
He was upset at LeBron for stepping over him so he swung his arm in anger. Both players were in the wrong but If he wasnt going to be suspended for the kick on Adams, then why now? These types of altercations happen over the course of the yr without any suspensions or warnings. The NBA really blew it here.

he got a flagrant 2 for the kick, and only a flagrant 1 for this hit. he wouldn't be suspended if he didn't accumulate so many flagrants during the playoffs. rules are rules

CHANGO
06-12-2016, 08:47 PM
he got a flagrant 2 for the kick, and only a flagrant 1 for this hit. he wouldn't be suspended if he didn't accumulate so much flagrants during the playoffs. rules are rules

This. Some people are so dumb to believe he was suspended JUST FOR THAT HIT. No he wasn't. It's an accumulation of all his faults and his dirtiness which, BTW if the League was honest he would've been suspended a long time ago.

R. Johnson#3
06-12-2016, 08:48 PM
I'm pulling for the Warriors but haven't been a fan of Green's antics during the post season. I feel he should've been suspended in the OKC series. Now he finally got what was coming by doing something that isn't worthy of a suspension. Funny how that works.

FOXHOUND
06-12-2016, 08:51 PM
he got a flagrant 2 for the kick, and only a flagrant 1 for this hit. he wouldn't be suspended if he didn't accumulate so many flagrants during the playoffs. rules are rules

Yeah, I'm not sure why a lot of people in this thread can't seem to grasp what happened. He got away with some trips and **** since the kick, but going low on the King was a ballsy move... :D

aman_13
06-12-2016, 08:55 PM

My point is that he shouldn't have gotten a flagrant 1 for this incident. I understand the rules.

aman_13
06-12-2016, 09:00 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to see both teams with their best players on the court so there aren't any excuses. I watched that play live and thought it was nothing. Play on. It's a finals game so it's going to get heated. Again, the NBA blew it.

BKLYNpigeon
06-12-2016, 09:03 PM
Lebron a snitch and playing Politics with the NBA.

He probably lost a lot of respect among players in the league. When you're stuck in a corner, your true colors show.

nastynice
06-12-2016, 09:14 PM

What everyone's getting at is it shoulda been a double tech. Calling it a flagrant is inconsistent with how these type of altercations are called.

nastynice
06-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Whatever, it is what it is. I can't believe the Warriors are still favored, and people her still feel so confident we'll win in 5. Hope u guys are right, but that's a huge loss

BKLYNpigeon
06-12-2016, 09:27 PM
Refs didn't make any calls in that game, it was Physical.

The Lebron, Draymond altercation. happened in the last 3 min, the game was decided already.

likemystylez
06-12-2016, 09:33 PM
Whatever, it is what it is. I can't believe the Warriors are still favored, and people her still feel so confident we'll win in 5. Hope u guys are right, but that's a huge loss

Personally as a warriors fan, I am extremely concerned.

The warriors didnt even have the talent base to beat the denver nuggets when green sat out last. I thinkt he cavs are better than the nuggets, so im not sure how they are going to win

timz-a-changin
06-12-2016, 09:34 PM
BS... James threw him to the ground the walked over him. I agree his arm was thrown out in anger, but the James kept coming at him while Green walked away. Then James goes on to complain about the no call fouls. What a crybaby.

Losing to the Warriors for the second year in a row sucks, but losing to them with no Green really shows that James should stick to complaining and flopping rather than building a team. As much motivation was seen at the end of game 4, I feel felt has now been thrown on the fire... Go Warriors

Monta is beast
06-12-2016, 10:11 PM

Ive just never seen that before..flagrants are generally on basketball plays, like when someone is going in for a layup and gets hammered or if someone sets a screen with intent to hurt someone..that wasnt a basketball play it was more a confrantation which 99.9% of the time gets a t..thats why im saying the nba had intent to suspend

GodsSon
06-12-2016, 10:16 PM
Long overdue for Green as he should have been suspended against OKC (I don't care that GS still lost that game). His actions led to this with repeated plays on other men's nuts.

This should be interesting.

Bigbadmoffo
06-12-2016, 10:20 PM
Injured Curry>>>>>>Lebron... they don't need Green to win

MTL_123
06-12-2016, 10:27 PM
lol are people really calling Lebron a snitch lol

I guess people forgot that Iggy told their game plan to GS in the playoffs when he was in Denver :rolleyes:

Some of these people on this site are so funny

likemystylez
06-12-2016, 10:28 PM

they couldnt beat denver with green sitting out.... cavs are better and they will be fighting for their playoff lives. this is far from a sure thing for the warriors. As a warriors fan, I am very concerned

likemystylez
06-12-2016, 10:31 PM

I guess people forgot that Iggy told their game plan to GS in the playoffs when he was in Denver :rolleyes:

Im not sure that was ever conirmed, but supposedly iggy said AFTERWARD that he was not cool with playing dirty against steph to win.

LOL and seeing as denver was the 3 seed and warriors were the 6th seed- its kind of emberessing to have to resort to cheap shots.

GodsSon
06-12-2016, 10:33 PM

Gimme a break.

Curry has showed up in one game so far this series.

MTL_123
06-12-2016, 10:35 PM
Im not sure that was ever conirmed, but supposedly iggy said AFTERWARD that he was not cool with playing dirty against steph to win.

LOL and seeing as denver was the 3 seed and warriors were the 6th seed- its kind of emberessing to have to resort to cheap shots.

yeah it was weak on Denvers part for doing that dont get me wrong. But i heard their was alot of locker issues after players found out that Iggy was telling their game plan.

And plus I know your a GS fan but you have to admit that Green has been pretty dirty this postseason to the point im sure GS fans are like wtf

likemystylez
06-12-2016, 10:39 PM
yeah it was weak on Denvers part for doing that dont get me wrong. But i heard their was alot of locker issues after players found out that Iggy was telling their game plan.

And plus I know your a GS fan but you have to admit that Green has been pretty dirty this postseason to the point im sure GS fans are like wtf

Green is dirty as hell, although this particular play seems hardly worth holding him out of a finals game.

also the timing of the suspension and the overall outlook of the series just doesn't feel quite right.

Also, I went to the game last week and paid 920 bucks per ticket. Thats a lot of money to watch a WWE styke match up dont ya think? Just look the other way and let the fans see the players decide the championship... not the league and the refs

WaDe03
06-12-2016, 10:40 PM
Ive just never seen that before..flagrants are generally on basketball plays, like when someone is going in for a layup and gets hammered or if someone sets a screen with intent to hurt someone..that wasnt a basketball play it was more a confrantation which 99.9% of the time gets a t..thats why im saying the nba had intent to suspend

Flagrant fouls are given when plays aren't looked at as basketball plays. Hitting someone in the nuts is almost always a flagrant unless it's obvious you were going for the ball.

likemystylez
06-12-2016, 10:41 PM
Flagrant fouls are given when plays aren't looked at as basketball plays. Hitting someone in the nuts is almost always a flagrant unless it's obvious you were going for the ball.

livingston was called for a technical when he did it on accident to dirk

MTL_123
06-12-2016, 10:42 PM
Green is dirty as hell, although this particular play seems hardly worth holding him out of a finals game.

also the timing of the suspension and the overall outlook of the series just doesn't feel quite right.

Also, I went to the game last week and paid 920 bucks per ticket. Thats a lot of money to watch a WWE styke match up dont ya think? Just look the other way and let the fans see the players decide the championship... not the league and the refs

This play on lebron No way he should have gotten suspended. But I do think he should have been suspended for 2 games in the OKC series

MTL_123
06-12-2016, 10:43 PM

And plus I really feel like because the series is 3-1 they suspended him. If it was 2-2 i dont think it happens.

likemystylez
06-12-2016, 10:46 PM
This play on lebron No way he should have gotten suspended. But I do think he should have been suspended for 2 games in the OKC series

and I think mo harkless shoulda been called for a flagrant when he hit livingston going in for a lay up... yet no call was made at all... stop living in the past.

More-Than-Most
06-12-2016, 10:46 PM

They are called the 10.... they come in just to rag on bron because of how much they hate him.... They can be identified because they say the same thing in all threads all day long.

likemystylez
06-12-2016, 10:47 PM
And plus I really feel like because the series is 3-1 they suspended him. If it was 2-2 i dont think it happens.

THIS is what doesnt feel right for warriors fans. like the league is trying to drag out the series because they were able to see that it was gonna end in 5

More-Than-Most
06-12-2016, 10:48 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to see both teams with their best players on the court so there aren't any excuses. I watched that play live and thought it was nothing. Play on. It's a finals game so it's going to get heated. Again, the NBA blew it.

its a finals game so that means he should be allowed to hit guys in the nuts... The notion of wanting to see teams at their best is why so many teams are hating on the warriors because green does this **** constantly and the league favors him because they wanna see the best team win ****.

So if shumpert takes out currys knee he shouldnt be suspended either because we need to see teams with all their best players :rolleyes: and because its a finals game :rolleyes::rolleyes:

MTL_123
06-12-2016, 10:50 PM
THIS is what doesnt feel right for warriors fans. like the league is trying to drag out the series because they were able to see that it was gonna end in 5

pretty much.

Cavs are just outmatched. I rather them win then GS but Cavs are really outmatched

likemystylez
06-12-2016, 10:51 PM
its a finals game so that means he should be allowed to hit guys in the nuts... The notion of wanting to see teams at their best is why so many teams are hating on the warriors because green does this **** constantly and the league favors him because they wanna see the best team win ****.

So if shumpert takes out currys knee he shouldnt be suspended either because we need to see teams with all their best players :rolleyes: and because its a finals game :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I dont think anybody for a second thought that lebron was in any danger of being legitimately injured after greens play. he didnt even react to the alleged nut check

likemystylez
06-12-2016, 10:54 PM
pretty much.

Cavs are just outmatched. I rather them win then GS but Cavs are really outmatched

id think heat fans would like golden state.

chris gatling and tim hardaway for bimbo coles and kevin willis. warriors friggin served it up on a platter for y'all

MTL_123
06-12-2016, 10:54 PM
I dont think anybody for a second thought that lebron was in any danger of being legitimately injured after greens play. he didnt even react to the alleged nut check

His reaction shouldn't really matter. When delly hit Iggy in the nuts, Iggy acted like he got shot for like 1 sec before getting into Dellys face

MTL_123
06-12-2016, 10:57 PM
id think heat fans would like golden state.

chris gatling and tim hardaway for bimbo coles and kevin willis. warriors friggin served it up on a platter for y'all

Well i dont care that lebron left because I knew he was going to leave before the season started. Im happy my team won back to back championships but you could tell he wanted to go back to the cavs

I just dont like GS because of Green and Curry

beasted86
06-12-2016, 11:08 PM

What?

So when another player pushes or takes a swing at another player it's a flagrant? From all history of basketball I've been watching it's a technical or double technical. A flagrant is usually unnecessary/incidental contact in the midst of a "basketball play".

Green took two intentional swipes at him. There was nothing incidental. While I'm okay with the accumulative suspension, I'm not going to understand why it's not a technical. Someone's gotta break that down more clearly because I haven't seen it broken down properly in the articles.

likemystylez
06-12-2016, 11:08 PM
His reaction shouldn't really matter. When delly hit Iggy in the nuts, Iggy acted like he got shot for like 1 sec before getting into Dellys face

right, and iggy basically forgave him in the press conference... lol warriors werent calling the league office trying to get delly suspended

MTL_123
06-12-2016, 11:12 PM
right, and iggy basically forgave him in the press conference... lol warriors werent calling the league office trying to get delly suspended

I dont think anyone on the cavs did that............ but okay lol

CHANGO
06-12-2016, 11:16 PM

This.

That's a flagrant foul in all the cases.

If Green's kick was a flagrant 2 it makes sense to call this intentional hit as a flagrant 1. Even if a double-technical have been called in game, the NBA would've been looking at this play and pretty sure would've been a flagrant 1.

CHANGO
06-12-2016, 11:17 PM
livingston was called for a technical when he did it on accident to dirk

Dray hit was on purpose.

BKLYNpigeon
06-12-2016, 11:19 PM
Well i dont care that lebron left because I knew he was going to leave before the season started. Im happy my team won back to back championships but you could tell he wanted to go back to the cavs

I just dont like GS because of Green and Curry

What has Curry done to anyone? I don't get the hate for him.

aman_13
06-12-2016, 11:24 PM

Of course it's not an excuse to do whatever you want but this incident was clearly an accident. Did he swing his arm? Yes, but only because he was stepped over. It was an understandable reaction, as being stepped over is really disrespectful.

Saddletramp
06-12-2016, 11:32 PM

People aren't smart. They're looking for anything they can on Lebron. Same as it ever was.

I do find it odd that this was called a flagrant foul because of unnecessary contact and the Steph vs Beverly dust up was only double techs and there were far more unnecessary contact in that exchange.

Oh my.

More-Than-Most
06-12-2016, 11:37 PM
Of course it's not an excuse to do whatever you want but this incident was clearly an accident. Did he swing his arm? Yes, but only because he was stepped over. It was an understandable reaction, as being stepped over is really disrespectful.

He swung his arm to hit James.... That is not a understandable reaction for being stepped over nor is it an accident... it was intent to strike another player period and it just happened to be in draymonds favorite place per usual.

rocketfuel
06-12-2016, 11:43 PM
If the NBA wanted to push this to 7, they should've suspended him 2 games. The timing is very suspicious. It's really confusing what warrants a suspension these days. He did a full Bruce Lee kick into Stephen Adam's family jewels. Stephen Adams probably can't have any kids because of him.....yet, no suspension. He sneezes on Lebron and the Finals looking like it wrapping up in 5 (losing revenue from an extended series)....and suddenly, the NBA steps in. I really hate Adam Silver.

aman_13
06-12-2016, 11:46 PM
He swung his arm to hit James.... That is not a understandable reaction for being stepped over nor is it an accident... it was intent to strike another player period and it just happened to be in draymonds favorite place per usual.

I agree about his intent to hit James but I disagree about it not being an understandable reaction. Just to be clear, when I say accident, I mean him hitting LeBron on said place.

likemystylez
06-12-2016, 11:50 PM
If the NBA wanted to push this to 7, they should've suspended him 2 games. The timing is very suspicious. It's really confusing what warrants a suspension these days. He did a full Bruce Lee kick into Stephen Adam's family jewels. Stephen Adams probably can't have any kids because of him.....yet, no suspension. He sneezes on Lebron and the Finals looking like it wrapping up in 5 (losing revenue from an extended series)....and suddenly, the NBA steps in. I really hate Adam Silver.

its an accumulation. draymond green didnt get suspended for the swing at lebron james. he got suspended for accumulating too many flagrant points in the post season.

Still though, this has been a horrible news day between the disaster in florida last night and now the disaster in oakland thats unfolding for tomorrow night. not a lot of good news

JAZZNC
06-13-2016, 12:27 AM
Well one thing is for sure....love him or hate him Green is a polarizing figure. When was the last time a thread about a 3rd/4th option type guy made it to 16 pages in half a day? The guy certainly gets a reaction out of people, myself included.

MTar786
06-13-2016, 12:28 AM
it should have been double tech but whatever. warriors still win the series anyway.
If someone steps over you and you happened to get them in the nutz thats their problem. Shouldnt have stepped over in the first place.

but then again lebron knew what he was doing and his goal was to get green suspended. thats a smart move too

BKLYNpigeon
06-13-2016, 12:37 AM
Well one thing is for sure....love him or hate him Green is a polarizing figure. When was the last time a thread about a 3rd/4th option type guy made it to 16 pages in half a day? The guy certainly gets a reaction out of people, myself included.

Draymond Green is the modern day Charles Barkley.

lol, please
06-13-2016, 12:39 AM
i agree. i honestly don't like the ruling on the play but Green has established a clear pattern and had gotten away with a **** ton going into this so

A clear pattern of consistent defense, the ability to guard all positions, and playing with heart.

The man arguably got away with one flagrant/suspension, and know you want to act like Green is a "problem" player?

Stop it.

ewing
06-13-2016, 12:48 AM
A clear pattern of consistent defense, the ability to guard all positions, and playing with heart.

The man arguably got away with one flagrant/suspension, and know you want to act like Green is a "problem" player?

Stop it.

he is

MickeyMgl
06-13-2016, 01:30 AM
I think it's the right call. The league probably looked at this as a collection of incidents and this was the last straw. The finals just got a little more interesting.

I could understand this being "the last straw", except that it wasn't even a straw. Green didn't swing at him, and Lebron was at least as responsible for what did happen. Completely bogus call, and a transparent effort by the league to manufacture a 7-game series.

rocketfuel
06-13-2016, 02:00 AM
Draymond Green should have been suspended in the OKC series. It wasn't just the nut-kick, he was intentionally hurting guys on the court. I guess it serves him right...the timing of this call...in time to save the series....seems suspicious. They lose 2 Finals games of revenue if the Cavs are beat 4-1.

Mave1002
06-13-2016, 02:17 AM
The window for Lebron is almost closed. The NBA needs to stop riding on his bandwagon. These calls are getting really embarassing.

Trash talking is made for the NBA Playoffs. That's how you sell more tickets. Theyre probably worried that kids are watching and a certain amount of profanity was being used.

Kobe asked Dwight Howard to just STFU and play, over, and over, and over again. Did he get suspended for that?

Mave1002
06-13-2016, 02:19 AM
Draymond Green should have been suspended in the OKC series. It wasn't just the nut-kick, he was intentionally hurting guys on the court. I guess it serves him right...the timing of this call...in time to save the series....seems suspicious. They lose 2 Finals games of revenue if the Cavs are beat 4-1.

Makes sense. I hope not though.

Kyben36
06-13-2016, 02:26 AM
I can't believe it. Not suspension worthy at all. Both of them went at it. Both deserved Ts prior to the rebound. It was handled poorly in game. But that kick surely isn't that bad. To also be fair that hole game was ref purely on both ends. All screens were illegal pushing and it was bound to get out of control. The nba wants more free Doritos locos tacos

Randy West
06-13-2016, 02:40 AM
Pretty lame attempt at extending the series from the NBA

Sssmush
06-13-2016, 05:07 AM
Wow. I thought the league wanted the Warriors to win? Does Lebron get nothing out of this? Instigates and continues to instigate with other players after.

Right. This actually makes it look much worse for Lebron when FSW beats them.

First off because he came off as a whiney cheater/bully looking for an advantage from the league office when he practically begged for this suspension during the post game press conference.

Two because Lebron basically tapped and is exposed as not able to dominate physically against Draymind and Igoudala.

Lets just skip over the bad sportsmanship and Lebron's seeming entitlement to foul, elbow, push and knock down Steph and other warriors continously with no calls. Which is a joke. And that Cavs "good defense" is s power goreard fouling/defending Steph in three point land and no foul calls.

On this point, let me mention thst the Stephen A Smith narrative of how the "physical" teams of the "physical" past eras is total bull****. In the past eras and until very recently, if PFs and centers came out to the three point area and tried to guard smaller skill players refs called extremely quick fouls. In fact it was axiomatic that a big was fouling stupidly if he got caught in coverage in the backcourt. Somebody, anybody, show me footage of Isaiah etc being guarded in three point land by PFs. Much less relentlessly hounded beyond the three point line by 6'9" PFs and rough housed out there.

If this us the new normal then we are ALREADY in the era of "the Steph rules." Without a doubt.

But this especially makes Lebron look bad / silly because GSW doesnt even NEED Draymond to run up in that. Igoudalas got Lebron's number and Tristan Thomas is guarding Steph. If Steph and Klay light it up...

I mean ok maybe the league really actually wants a game 6 at all costs. I dont get it. But what you probably get is GSW spotting Cleveland an advantage and wiping the floor with them regardless.

And if GSW was too relaxed or sleepwalking before.... Oooooh NOW you got their attention, NOW you mad them mad. LoL you really want that Lebron? This team won 73 games.

Sssmush
06-13-2016, 05:12 AM
Pretty lame attempt at extending the series from the NBA

Yep. Transparently obvious. You can just see the Lebron tantrums, the agent's pressuring behind the scenes, Lebron whining. Diva diva.

A weak transparent grab by the league and Lebron for what would be a meaningless face saver.

UNLESS the league just giving Steph a chance to shine even more and make the GSW domination and Lebrons transition to heel character more emphatic.

Laker Legend42
06-13-2016, 05:18 AM
pretty much.

I think Lebron knew full well what he was doing and he knew draymond's technical foul situation. I think Cleveland's problems start with Lebron.its just like when he went to Miami, you didn't see them running plays,working on late game situations. It was just a bunch of double alley oops and it's the same thing now. No plays just a lot of one on one. The way they play would work against okc. Not golden state.

nastynice
06-13-2016, 05:20 AM
I get that lebron made a big deal and cried about it, but no matter how I slice it this is on the refs.

It's just bad luck. First, green tries to foul Beasley at the end of a game and does it very blatantly, and it STILL doesn't get called, instead called as a flagrant after the game. And it's ironic that he gets a flagrant for trying to commit and obvious intentional foul because the next round the Spurs get screwed because kawhi doesn't foul blatant enough. So that's one check.

Then, Green hits Adams in the nuts while driving which is like, basically like the Delly iggy play, u gotta have some pretty heavy hater shades on to think it was on purpose. But that gets everyone talking about green hitting someone in the nuts, and what do u know, green kicks Adams in he nuts the next game. Looks like he's just doing his normal foul flail, but this time happens to get Adams right in the junk, and with this nut hitting narrative he gets another flagrant.

Now because all of this has gotten so much attention, he is getting up and shoving lebron off of him, and if u look at the play in real time it's like the first nut shot, obviously not aiming for the guys junk. Matter of fact, according to lebron, green didn't even hit him, but apparently it's enough that with all the talk about the earlier stuff, the league feels they need to send a message.

Really just bad luck. One thing could be up for debate, when he hit Adams the second time, but outside of that there's really not much argument, nothing was intentional, nothing should have warranted a flagrant.

It is what it is, can't do **** about it now. Some bad luck + overreaction of today's sports world gives the cavs a MAJOR advantage. Either way, it's still in this squad to pull out the last win, there's still 15 guys in uniform, next man up. No matter how bad they blew it, Warriors need flush any excuses down the toilet and win on home court

Sssmush
06-13-2016, 05:22 AM
This.

That's a flagrant foul in all the cases.

If Green's kick was a flagrant 2 it makes sense to call this intentional hit as a flagrant 1. Even if a double-technical have been called in game, the NBA would've been looking at this play and pretty sure would've been a flagrant 1.

Let me ask you, does Curry count as an NBA player? As a human?

Howvome Lebron can just elbow him to the shoulder, back and head, can push him to the ground repeatedly, and grab his arm and whip him to the ground? What, because Lebron big and Curry small? Becasue Curry is so goid st scoring its unfair?

If the league can isolate this (incidental) micro aggression by Green days after the game, why cant it dlow motion analyze Lebron's aggressions against Curry? If we going to do a super slo mo 2 day post game analysis looking for intentional contact and flagrants I have a few things to point out

rocketfuel
06-13-2016, 07:57 AM
If the league would call the flagrants and suspensions when it is warranted, they wouldn't even be facing this criticism. Nut-hitting, even in boxing, usually means some kind of punishment. Adam Silver just picks and chooses when to apply the suspension, which happens to be when the Cavs are on life support. He failed to call it when the Warriors were in trouble and losing Green would put the Warriors in a serious hole. It just looks bad.

likemystylez
06-13-2016, 09:03 AM
Draymond Green is the modern day Charles Barkley.

LOL id compare him to ron artest

likemystylez
06-13-2016, 09:07 AM
The window for Lebron is almost closed. The NBA needs to stop riding on his bandwagon. These calls are getting really embarassing.

Trash talking is made for the NBA Playoffs. That's how you sell more tickets. Theyre probably worried that kids are watching and a certain amount of profanity was being used.

Kobe asked Dwight Howard to just STFU and play, over, and over, and over again. Did he get suspended for that?

LOL green wasnt given a flagrant for trash talking. nobody other than lebron heard what the two of them were saying to one another. They cant retroactively punish a player for jawing with another player.

SteBO
06-13-2016, 09:22 AM
Green put himself in this position....so I'm not gonna feel sorry for him any. You've been playing on the edge for the entirety of the playoffs, and this is what you're gonna risk when you play like that, and I like Draymond a lot even understanding why he's unlikeable to many.

That said, you can call LBJ smart for instigating, I also call him a puss for it. I refuse to fully believe that being called a ***** is what really set him off, and to voice that to the media, essentially lobbying for disciplinary action when you're the one who started it all never really sits all that well to me. For once, I'd like the fire starter in these situations to get the harsher punishment. In the end, I might not matter as GSW is still the better team, and they're at home. We'll see.

Tony_Starks
06-13-2016, 09:23 AM
Enough was enough with Greens antics, this was just the Final straw.

Plus it's 3-1 so the league knows it's not deciding the outcome of the series if GS tricks off this game.

Had the series been tied it would've just been a double tech or maybe nothing at all.

nycericanguy
06-13-2016, 09:52 AM
Green deserved a suspension before, but for the Lebron incident? No way! He did nothing wrong, if you're going to suspend Green then Lebron needs to get called for a flagrant too.

Yea Lebron comes off like a whiny ***** here...I'm not one to critique him but it seems he was desperately trying to get Green suspended even after the game.

And it does seem like the league wants to extend the series.

just an odd situation, nothing in the replay would even remotely call for a suspension. If anything I think Lebron was the instigator and aggressor by walking over Green.