PDA

View Full Version : All-Time Redraft Finals: (1) Seaside vs (1) La Habra

Shammyguy3
06-12-2016, 11:40 AM
Once again this year users on the forum partook in an all time snake redraft with players over the history of the sport we all love. GMs drafted players based on their 3 season peaks and assumed 100% health. Via the draft and trades they tried to compile the best team they could. Please look at the teams posted below and decide which one would win in a 7 game series. The higher seed has home court advantage. After you've carefully thought about which team would win, please vote on the poll. If you can't please post in the thread stating which team you think wins and I can add it to the poll. (NOTE: votes by accounts with less than 100 votes will not count)

(1) Seaside Seagulls - Home Court

PG: Mookie Blaylock - Damian Lillard
SG: Jerry West - Kyle Korver
SF: Grant Hill - Cedric Maxwell
PF: Jack Sikma - Jerry Lucas
C: Moses Malone - Otis Thorpe

vs

(1) La Habra Showtime

PG: Chauncey Billups - Kyrie Irving
SG: Kobe Bryant - Gail Goodrich
SF: Peja Stojakovic - Gerald Wallace
PF: Elton Brand - Paul Millsap
C: Shaquille O'Neal - Bill Cartwright

Lakers + Giants
06-12-2016, 02:02 PM
Valade, congrats on making it to the Finals! :cheers:

Defense:

For this matchup Billups will be on Jerry West, Kobe on Mookie, Peja on Hill, Brand on Sikma and Shaq on Moses.

This is mostly to preserve Kobe's energy, allowing him to "hide" on Mookie. Also, im fairly confident in Billups' defensive capability and he'd still have a size advantage on West, so I do think he'd be able to hold his own as well.

Offense:

Like all other series, the offense still runs through Shaq, but this time kobe will be free as seagull (nice name valade). Not discrediting Valade's defense at all but Kobe would be able to take advantage of both (mookie/west) with his serious size advantage. This is the series Kobe can finally be that 1B player. He has finally been freed from Pippen/Kawhi haha.

As for Shaq, I honestly believe this is another favorable matchup for him, Moses was great, but Shaq has a noticeable size advantage here, Sikma will definitely need to help out here. This allows for Shaq to pass out of the double team and find the open man, all 4 other guys are cable of hitting that shot stl series long, especially Peja.

Peja is finally free just like Kobe, will grant hill be able to keep up with peja all series long and run through screens nonstop? I doubt it, I believe Peja can go off in Any of these games and have a huge impact this series.

Summary: Overall I still have the most dominant player in this series in Shaq. I think you can even make a case for Kobe being the second best player in this series. 4 of my 5 starters were able to win when it mattered most with 3 of them being Finals MVP. This is huge, big moments require Big Time Players, and I have that... Jerry West is back in the Finals where he belongs, 9 appearances... But 1 win. I'm confident in my teams ability to keep that number the same.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-12-2016, 02:20 PM
I gotta go with the Lakers, I mean La Habra.

Kinda rough that Malone-West end up having to go against Kobe-Shaq. He's got the PG advantage and I don't see Hill being the difference maker.

Lakers + Giants
06-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Not a shot at Valade, but I love this matchup for me In terms of the Kobe and Shaq matchups. I think that's the huge difference maker here. My 2 best players, arguably the two best in the series, will end up getting theirs.

Sadds The Gr8
06-12-2016, 03:28 PM
LG team was easily the best in this.

valade16
06-12-2016, 03:32 PM
I'll do a more extensive write-up tomorrow when I'm at a computer but congratulations to LG.

I think the difference in this series will be Grant Hill. West, Kobe, Shaq, Billups and Moses will all be facing each other or good defenders... But Hill is being guarded by Peja. There is no superstar in this that will have free reign like Hill will have on Peja.

Lakers + Giants
06-12-2016, 03:55 PM
The thing is, Hill wasnt a great defender until after his prime in his Phoenix days. Peja will get his vs Hill. Kobes margin > whoever guards him and Shaqs margin > Moses are much more impactful than grant hills..

Shammyguy3
06-12-2016, 04:16 PM
love Valade and his team is damn good, but La Habra wins this series

valade16
06-12-2016, 04:26 PM
The thing is, Hill wasnt a great defender until after his prime in his Phoenix days. Peja will get his vs Hill. Kobes margin > whoever guards him and Shaqs margin > Moses are much more impactful than grant hills..

Grant Hill was still a solid defender in his Pistons days. And Peja guarding Hill is a recipe for disaster.

Yeah Kobe and Shaq will score, but so will Moses and West. And again, no matchup in the series is as bad as Hill being guarded by Peja. He will match (if not exceed) Kobe's point totals IMO.

Lakers + Giants
06-12-2016, 05:04 PM
I'll happily live with Hill getting his at the expense of West and Moses.

valade16
06-12-2016, 05:08 PM
I'll happily live with Hill getting his at the expense of West and Moses.

He'll get his in addition to West and Moses, not at the expense of.

If Shaq and Kobe can get theirs with good but not great defenders on them, so too can West and Moses.

Lakers + Giants
06-12-2016, 05:26 PM
He'll get his in addition to West and Moses, not at the expense of.

If Shaq and Kobe can get theirs with good but not great defenders on them, so too can West and Moses.

If that's the case, I'll take it. I have confidence in Kobe/Shaq out performing West/Moses.

valade16
06-12-2016, 05:36 PM
If that's the case, I'll take it. I have confidence in Kobe/Shaq out performing West/Moses.

But not West/Moses/Hill. Shaq/Kobe aren't going to dominate West/Moses. Moses actually outplayed Kareem in the 83 Finals. Moses won't be dominated and West will be more efficient than Kobe.

Lakers + Giants
06-12-2016, 05:46 PM
shaq will still be dominant.. West will have to work to get his with billups /kobe both defending him and both have the size advantage on West.

Both Mookie/West are great defenders too but in the end both of my guards are much bigger and are great postv players for their positions. It'll definitely wear on em and affect them on the other end as well.

Heediot
06-12-2016, 06:20 PM
I think Grant Hill kills Peja. Peja was a glorified system player who only thrived under Adelman. He was disappointing even when Cp3 was giving him looks. He might be more effective with Shaq giving him looks from the post, like When Divac and CWebb gave him looks in Sac.

La Habra wins. They have the edge on mental toughness IMO. The Shaq and Kobe combo is also proven.

KnicksorBust
06-13-2016, 11:27 AM
Congrats to both teams. I said I thought Valade's team would win a round or 2 but not make the finals so special congratulations to him. My vote is for La Habra. They have more talent, better chemistry, and I heard 90% of the time the best player in a series wins. I think this officially makes Shaq the GOAT in All-Time Redrafts. :laugh:

valade16
06-13-2016, 11:38 AM
Congrats to both teams. I said I thought Valade's team would win a round or 2 but not make the finals so special congratulations to him. My vote is for La Habra. They have more talent, better chemistry, and I heard 90% of the time the best player in a series wins. I think this officially makes Shaq the GOAT in All-Time Redrafts. :laugh:

The real question at this point is would my original team (Chauncey, Drexler, Kawhi, Reed, Walton) have beaten his Shaq/Kobe team. I doubt it, so it seems I got just as far as I could have with my original team.

And should I ever play in the NBA All-Time again, I would take Shaq ahead of every other Center easily at this point. Apparently he dominates every match-up he's in.

valade16
06-13-2016, 11:39 AM
Valade, congrats on making it to the Finals! :cheers:

Congratulations on your victory. I knew you were going to win as soon as you traded Wilt for Shaq to pair with Kobe. Adding Chauncey was the icing on the cake.

KnicksorBust
06-13-2016, 11:48 AM
The real question at this point is would my original team (Chauncey, Drexler, Kawhi, Reed, Walton) have beaten his Shaq/Kobe team. I doubt it, so it seems I got just as far as I could have with my original team.

And should I ever play in the NBA All-Time again, I would take Shaq ahead of every other Center easily at this point. Apparently he dominates every match-up he's in.

It's such a bizarre parallel universe because it's Billups vs. Billups. :laugh:

KnicksorBust
06-13-2016, 11:50 AM
Drexler/Kawhi wings vs. Kobe/Peja wings
Advantage on the perimeter: Seaside

Reed/Walton bigs vs. Brand/Shaq
Advantage down low: La Habra

Better shooting team: La Habra
Better passing team: Seaside
Better defense: Seaside
Homecourt: Seaside

That's tough.

Lakers + Giants
06-13-2016, 01:46 PM
When I made that Wilt for Shaq trade a lot of GMs said it was a pointless lateral trade. I thought it was the perfect move for a Kobe team, ironically.

Sadds The Gr8
06-13-2016, 11:19 PM

Shaq, KAJ, Hakeem get all the respect here

mightybosstone
06-14-2016, 12:04 AM
Valade did a hell of a job with that roster, but that La Habra team is one of the best teams that has ever been built in an All-Time Re-draft. And it does Valade no favors that his elite duo of West/Malone happens to be going up against Kobe/Shaq. Would Seaside take a couple of games? Sure. But I had doubts about that roster's perimeter shooting from the get go, and I think they have the potential to struggle to keep up offensively against an offense as hyper efficient as La Habra's. I think Seaside would also have a major problem trying to defend Shaq.

Lakers + Giants
06-14-2016, 02:14 AM
Valade did a hell of a job with that roster, but that La Habra team is one of the best teams that has ever been built in an All-Time Re-draft. And it does Valade no favors that his elite duo of West/Malone happens to be going up against Kobe/Shaq. Would Seaside take a couple of games? Sure. But I had doubts about that roster's perimeter shooting from the get go, and I think they have the potential to struggle to keep up offensively against an offense as hyper efficient as La Habra's. I think Seaside would also have a major problem trying to defend Shaq.

Damn, I appreciate that :o

thenaj17
06-14-2016, 05:59 AM
Not a shot at Valade, but I love this matchup for me In terms of the Kobe and Shaq matchups. I think that's the huge difference maker here. My 2 best players, arguably the two best in the series, will end up getting theirs.

No argument to be had, they are clearly the best 2 players on the court

xxplayerxx23
06-14-2016, 11:59 AM
Thought it was ganna be closer like the conference finals. But yeah Shaq and Kobe are to much

Raps08-09 Champ
06-14-2016, 09:51 PM
I voted for La Habra because they are Lakers.

Lakers + Giants
06-14-2016, 09:56 PM
I voted for La Habra because they are Lakers.

:laugh2:

:cheers:

Ebbs
06-15-2016, 02:37 PM
First time a Kobe team ever won one of these?

Just like in real life Shaq carried Kobe lmao.

Seriously L+G's team chemistry is too easy to sell. We need to change the rules though shouldn't be able to build an all 00's team. Too cheap.

valade16
06-15-2016, 05:10 PM
First time a Kobe team ever won one of these?

Just like in real life Shaq carried Kobe lmao.

Seriously L+G's team chemistry is too easy to sell. We need to change the rules though shouldn't be able to build an all 00's team. Too cheap.

I didn't even notice it actually but yeah next year we need to bring back the rule requiring a diversity of eras in the starting lineup. Although this was probably my last NBA All-Time TBH

Shammyguy3
06-15-2016, 05:23 PM
I didn't even notice it actually but yeah next year we need to bring back the rule requiring a diversity of eras in the starting lineup. Although this was probably my last NBA All-Time TBH
Boooooo ATRD >>>>>>> any other game

Lakers + Giants
06-15-2016, 06:11 PM
Boooooo ATRD >>>>>>> any other game

This. ATRD is the only PSD game I like. The mock and sim idk wtf is even going on lmao.

Lakers + Giants
06-15-2016, 06:12 PM

Why?

Raps08-09 Champ
06-15-2016, 07:17 PM
He scurred.

Shammyguy3
06-15-2016, 08:04 PM
valade will have to play again for revenge!

Sadds The Gr8
06-16-2016, 03:24 AM

dont be scared homie

KnicksorBust
06-16-2016, 07:33 AM
Some people actually stay retired...

Lakers + Giants
06-16-2016, 12:12 PM
:win:

valade16
06-16-2016, 02:14 PM
Why?

It's not really an ATRD IMO. It's a post 1980's Redraft.

KnicksorBust
06-16-2016, 02:29 PM
Congrats L+G! You made a great team. :clap:

Lakers + Giants
06-16-2016, 06:22 PM
Thanks! :cheers:

Sadds The Gr8
06-17-2016, 12:34 AM
i told ya'll he'd run with this after the billups trade

Lakers + Giants
06-17-2016, 03:01 AM
i told ya'll he'd run with this after the billups trade

I was Hesitant to give up Porter, Aguirre, and Horace for him. But Elton Brand was gettin some love here :)