PDA

View Full Version : Regardless of the outcome, how does this Finals affect Curry's legacy going forward?

HandsOnTheWheel
06-09-2016, 02:39 PM
I think there's no doubt that Curry is the best RS player due to his just explosive offensive game making his teammates better by simply just being on the floor.

That said, fast forward to 3 games into the Finals, and at this point we are looking at someone who has come up real small in each game and has looked generally intimidated to play on this stage as its no secret in his poor body language.

Now I think it's great that Warriors are so stacked to the point to where as they don't even need Curry to produce all that much, but there comes a point in time where you need to start living up to your label as MVP and ultimately the best player in the game.

Superstars/MVPs/GOATs don't repeatedly fail to show up for the biggest stage in the game, or they are supposed to get criticized to no end, no exceptions. 2011 Finals Lebron was a joke and his direct criticisms followed suite and deservedly so.

It's unlikely that Curry is 'injured', too. The timing of his announcing that he won't play in the olympics is kind of sketchy after having the few bad games. I think Cavs have found a way to shut him down as the Spurs have done and might have done had they faced him in the WCF.

Assuming Curry continues this poor play, the question is how much of a black eye is it on Curry's career regardless of the outcome?

The 73 win season, MVP Curry, etc. People will be looking at these things decades down the line and see that Curry came up real small in the Finals despite the Warriors success that year.

ewing
06-09-2016, 02:40 PM
Curry doesn't have a legacy yet

hugepatsfan
06-09-2016, 02:49 PM
If he plays this bad it will hurt it. Whatever his legacy ends up being will be less than what it would be if he hadn't played this way (again, assuming he continues it). How much less depends on the rest of his career. If he plays poorly in this series but goes on to win 10 more championships and completely dominate the postseason for everyone then it won't matter at all really. If he never wins another one and struggles in the postseason then this will be more. No one can possibly say right now.

And we also shouldn't just assume he won't play better. Smart money is that he will. We'll see if the smart bet holds true though.

CHANGO
06-09-2016, 02:53 PM
No it wouldn't affect him here in PSD because:
a) "He is not 100% brah"
b) "Cavs defense is making a focus to stop him"
c) "Winning is all that matters, **** the FMPV, that means nothing"
d) "He will pick it up after game 3, he just likes to do that for fun"
e) "He's making the game easier for his teammates, he opens a lot of options"

So yeah, it doesn't matters what he does or doesn't do. He will not get criticized and it will not affect his legacy.

CHANGO
06-09-2016, 02:53 PM
Curry doesn't have a legacy yet

Seriously? :confused:

We all have a legacy, and everyday we write a new page.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-09-2016, 02:59 PM
If he plays this bad it will hurt it. Whatever his legacy ends up being will be less than what it would be if he hadn't played this way (again, assuming he continues it). How much less depends on the rest of his career. If he plays poorly in this series but goes on to win 10 more championships and completely dominate the postseason for everyone then it won't matter at all really. If he never wins another one and struggles in the postseason then this will be more. No one can possibly say right now.

And we also shouldn't just assume he won't play better. Smart money is that he will. We'll see if the smart bet holds true though.

I think it's possible this could be the beginning of a dynasty for the Warriors, but just looking 2 years ahead there will be key cogs that will be unable to be retained and while few will be retained, they will only get worse as other teams are always improving year in year out.

To put it in perspective, Barnes and Ezeli are gone after this year, Curry, Iguodala, and Bogut all need to be resigned next year. They will lose depth along the way too.

Who knows maybe they take major pay cuts and continue to retool for years to come but ultimately, money talks.

ewing
06-09-2016, 03:02 PM
seriously? :confused:

We all have a legacy, and everyday we write a new page.

bs.

Hawkeye15
06-09-2016, 03:02 PM
way too early in this series, and his "legacy", to answer

Tony_Starks
06-09-2016, 03:09 PM
We are 3 games in.

Chill.

flea
06-09-2016, 03:19 PM
He wasn't that good in last year's Finals either, or in a few games in the Thunder series. I mean he's always going to improve whatever offense he's on because his shooting warps defenses and creates easy mismatches - it's just that he does it away from the hoop whereas a guy like Lebron is a slasher who messes up the interior of defenses.

The thing about Curry is he doesn't really do anything but score. He's almost always going to be overmatched defensively either in size or skill, he won't win you games as a passer, and his driving ability is very much a finesse game that relies on the space his team creates. To be a successful slashing guard in the playoffs is a lot tougher than being successful in the regular season - just ask Westbrook, DeRozan, and Lowry.

I still think he's a top 5 player but like all scorers he can get overrated. We're seeing that now that his team is owning without him and Livingston is outplaying him at the guard spot in this series. But don't worry everyone will forget by next year, and some Warriors fans will say he should have won FMVP 2 years in a row even though anyone who watched last year's Finals and this year's can tell he's not his team's most valuable player.

CHANGO
06-09-2016, 03:36 PM
He wasn't that good in last year's Finals either, or in a few games in the Thunder series. I mean he's always going to improve whatever offense he's on because his shooting warps defenses and creates easy mismatches - it's just that he does it away from the hoop whereas a guy like Lebron is a slasher who messes up the interior of defenses.

The thing about Curry is he doesn't really do anything but score. He's almost always going to be overmatched defensively either in size or skill, he won't win you games as a passer, and his driving ability is very much a finesse game that relies on the space his team creates. To be a successful slashing guard in the playoffs is a lot tougher than being successful in the regular season - just ask Westbrook, DeRozan, and Lowry.

I still think he's a top 5 player but like all scorers he can get overrated. We're seeing that now that his team is owning without him and Livingston is outplaying him at the guard spot in this series. But don't worry everyone will forget by next year, and some Warriors fans will say he should have won FMVP 2 years in a row even though anyone who watched last year's Finals and this year's can tell he's not his team's most valuable player.

This... Not just 3 games, take your glasses off.

mngopher35
06-09-2016, 03:55 PM
The main takeaway I hope people have is seeing how good this TEAM is. Not just Curry but the team as a whole as shown by their performance so far. I think he was starting to get overrated individually because of that and hopefully it will simmer down a little bit. I still think he has an argument for best in the game and everything it is just so often team accomplishments get boiled down to one player (for some people) leading to overrating/underrating individuals due to the teams they were on.

With that said the series is 3 games in and we saw what he did against the Thunder after 3 poor performances. I expect his play to improve and they will likely take the series so he could still even end up with FMVP.

smith&wesson
06-09-2016, 04:17 PM
All people will remember is:

73 wins
mvp
2nd championship run.

and all people will say is, he already has the same amount of rings as Lebron.

smith&wesson
06-09-2016, 04:40 PM
I have a hard time calling someone the best player in the game simply because they are the best offensively. There is such a double standard in the league today.

James Harden is a great scorer to, Carmelo Anthony has been an elite scorer in this league for years. The difference is these guys have crappy teams built around them. But because Curry has superstars on his team and is on a winning team, he gets credited as the best player in the world.

There are two way players that get completely dismissed and I don't get that. K. Leonard, Lebron James, Paul George these are all guys who can score but also impact the game defensively. To me they should be the ones considered the best all around players and I cant even stand Lebron but I'm just being unbiased.

Curry is probably the best shooter of all time, the best offensive player we have today. But best all around player in the league? I don't think so.

FlashBolt
06-09-2016, 04:59 PM
Curry got exposed. That's all there is to this. When your team can win the Finals without you and you're the "unanimous MVP", then you're not as good as people thought you were.

alkalinesolo
06-09-2016, 05:44 PM
I have a hard time calling someone the best player in the game simply because they are the best offensively. There is such a double standard in the league today.

James Harden is a great scorer to, Carmelo Anthony has been an elite scorer in this league for years. The difference is these guys have crappy teams built around them. But because Curry has superstars on his team and is on a winning team, he gets credited as the best player in the world.

There are two way players that get completely dismissed and I don't get that. K. Leonard, Lebron James, Paul George these are all guys who can score but also impact the game defensively. To me they should be the ones considered the best all around players and I cant even stand Lebron but I'm just being unbiased.

Curry is probably the best shooter of all time, the best offensive player we have today. But best all around player in the league? I don't think so.

How does Curry not impact the game defensively? He led the league in steals this year and is one of only two players to average 2+ steals per game each of the last two seasons. He also plays solid positional defense against players he can physically matchup against. He's not a bad defender, he more than carries his weight on that end of the floor, but he has physical limitations that make it impossible for him to have the type of impact on the defensive end that guys like Lebron, Leonard, and George have.

FlashBolt
06-09-2016, 06:03 PM
How does Curry not impact the game defensively? He led the league in steals this year and is one of only two players to average 2+ steals per game each of the last two seasons. He also plays solid positional defense against players he can physically matchup against. He's not a bad defender, he more than carries his weight on that end of the floor, but he has physical limitations that make it impossible for him to have the type of impact on the defensive end that guys like Lebron, Leonard, and George have.

What kind of bs is this? Curry is bigger than most PG's. He looks fragile and that's his problem but in terms of his position, he's bigger than lets see... Chris Paul? yet, Chris Paul is an amazing elite defender and one of the best at his position. Curry doesn't defend well because he's not a good defender. I'm sorry but that's the truth. He led the league in steals? OMG, you know who else did that? Allen Iverson! Yet, anyone who watched AI play knew he was a gambler defensively. The pressure GSW provides with their defenders in Bogut, Green, Thompson, and Iguodala have allowed Curry to grab most of the steals when the opposing PG's make a pass. Curry is a terrible defender. I've seen enough to declare that.

Kush McDaniels
06-09-2016, 06:28 PM
I'm not sure about his legacy, but I'm definitely hesitant to say he's the best player in the league the way he's disappeared through 3 games this series, and through much of the Thunder series (not to mention the Warriors not skipping a beat without him earlier in the playoffs). I still think I'd rather have LBJ, KD, and Kawhi over Curry.

Monta is beast
06-09-2016, 07:30 PM
Did you just compare curry to harden and Carmelo? I'm not even gonna..wow

LA_Raiders
06-09-2016, 08:15 PM
Not if they win; he has been the best player in the league for the last 2 years. If they lose, yes.

He needs to step up; he is playing like a role player.

More-Than-Most
06-09-2016, 08:56 PM
It matters for Lebron... it mattered for Kobe.... so much so that it was borderline unfair.... I dont think lebron has ever had as bad of a series has Curry has had this finals/last finals or the WCF and everybody wants to say lebron beats up on a weak east but those same people are giving curry a pass because they win regardless and because of some stupid notion that he opens everything up even though half the time they go on huge runs when he is on the bench.

He is an amazing player but if this doesn't show you there are better all around players whom dont have the luxury of the talent around them he has then you need to watch another sport because you clearly do not understand basketball... the double standards when it comes to guys like lebron/kobe is borderline ridiculous when compared to a curry/durant who get no hate nomatter how they choke or play.

Curry will heat up for 2 games out of this entire series... the warriors will win... curry will get the FMVP for his name and everyone yet again will give him a pass for being terrible because he finally showed up in 2 games all while people will **** on lebron for losing the finals against this team that has so much talent they are winning without steph curry.... really think about this last paragraph and this logic because the 10 normal haters come in and say he is being carried or playing like crap... Lebron has had 1 bad game but was amazing in games 1 and 3 on both sides of the floor including shutting down green last night yet his team is 1-2 in the finals.... curry has not showed up for any of the 3 games and his team is up 2-1..... Yet we gauge individuals by championships... amazing.

More-Than-Most
06-09-2016, 08:57 PM
Not if they win; he has been the best player in the league for the last 2 years. If they lose, yes.

He needs to step up; he is playing like a role player.

This logic lol.... If they win basically without him and win over coming his ****** defense he should be praised for being bad in the finals and being carried because his team won the series for him? :laugh:

My god

Lebron james has been one of the best players ever for years and won twice as many MVPs and yada yada yada but we still scrutinize him when he wins/loses but if currys team wins how he plays is irrelevant? Gotcha

jason
06-09-2016, 09:28 PM

Exactly this.. Didn't expect the best post to come this early

europagnpilgrim
06-09-2016, 09:37 PM
What kind of bs is this? Curry is bigger than most PG's. He looks fragile and that's his problem but in terms of his position, he's bigger than lets see... Chris Paul? yet, Chris Paul is an amazing elite defender and one of the best at his position. Curry doesn't defend well because he's not a good defender. I'm sorry but that's the truth. He led the league in steals? OMG, you know who else did that? Allen Iverson! Yet, anyone who watched AI play knew he was a gambler defensively. The pressure GSW provides with their defenders in Bogut, Green, Thompson, and Iguodala have allowed Curry to grab most of the steals when the opposing PG's make a pass. Curry is a terrible defender. I've seen enough to declare that.

The Answer was pushing 5'10''(playing the SG) max and he won DPOY twice in big east at G'Town doing what he did best, then does it 3 years in a row in the nba and doesn't even make not one all defensive team

go back and look at the guards who made the all Def. teams and I bet they have led the league in steals or were top 3, The Answer did what he did and still had to shoot 30+ shots per game to keep his team in contention so that comparison is not even close, Mckie and Snow and Lynch where nowhere near the threats of Klay/Green/Iggy as a trio, on either side of the ball, both Green and Iggy are capable of triple doubles every game, especially the younger Philly Iggy and Klay dropped 30+pts in a quarter where that trio The Answer played with could barely score 30 total as a trio

you clearly didn't watch enough back then as you claim you do now

anybody who is a high block/steals/shot taker gambles,its the reason why they get so many, or do you think its something else?

NBAfan4life
06-09-2016, 10:54 PM
It only matters if he goes down in the top 20 of all time. He isn't there yet, if he maintains it will affect his ability to pass some of those guys undisputably. For now just enjoy the show.

giantspwn
06-10-2016, 12:20 AM
Curry got exposed. That's all there is to this. When your team can win the Finals without you and you're the "unanimous MVP", then you're not as good as people thought you were.

The NBA finals already happened. Curry managed to outplay arguably the best PG in the game on a bum knee. I think most people will remember the 3-1 comeback between him and Klay, and the Thunder choking.

Curry's basically a shell of himself right now. Anyone who actually watched him this year, knows he looks done. He's lacking explosiveness to create space and get to the rim. He'll still have his flashes of brilliance but it just looks like he's fatigued. I expect him to turn it up like he did last series but either way, his numbers speak for themselves this year. The Warriors would not have survived Portland without him.

This seems like a salty thread for people wish ill will on him.

FlashBolt
06-10-2016, 12:32 AM
The Answer was pushing 5'10''(playing the SG) max and he won DPOY twice in big east at G'Town doing what he did best, then does it 3 years in a row in the nba and doesn't even make not one all defensive team

go back and look at the guards who made the all Def. teams and I bet they have led the league in steals or were top 3, The Answer did what he did and still had to shoot 30+ shots per game to keep his team in contention so that comparison is not even close, Mckie and Snow and Lynch where nowhere near the threats of Klay/Green/Iggy as a trio, on either side of the ball, both Green and Iggy are capable of triple doubles every game, especially the younger Philly Iggy and Klay dropped 30+pts in a quarter where that trio The Answer played with could barely score 30 total as a trio

you clearly didn't watch enough back then as you claim you do now

anybody who is a high block/steals/shot taker gambles,its the reason why they get so many, or do you think its something else?

Did you forget about Mutumbo? Fake fan confirmed... AI was an average defender who gambled a lot -- which is why he has a high steals average. he wasn't a great on-ball defender and mostly played passing lanes like Curry does. he was also shorter and quicker than most players so when they dribbled, it was quicker for him to grab the ball than most players. AI was never an elite defender. "Go look at all nba def teams".. Easy... how about Tony Allen? Mike Conley, John Wall, Avery Bradley.. how about his own teammate and guard, eric snow? Allen iverson never made it for a reason.. despite the ALLdefensive teams being a popularity contest in many cases, he was just never an elite defender. You can't convince me other than saying he steals the ball often. If that's all there is to defense, you're right. Too bad it isn't.

YAALREADYKNO
06-10-2016, 12:44 AM
And people thought steph would be just as good in the hand checking era smh

europagnpilgrim
06-10-2016, 02:04 AM
Did you forget about Mutumbo? Fake fan confirmed... AI was an average defender who gambled a lot -- which is why he has a high steals average. he wasn't a great on-ball defender and mostly played passing lanes like Curry does. he was also shorter and quicker than most players so when they dribbled, it was quicker for him to grab the ball than most players. AI was never an elite defender. "Go look at all nba def teams".. Easy... how about Tony Allen? Mike Conley, John Wall, Avery Bradley.. how about his own teammate and guard, eric snow? Allen iverson never made it for a reason.. despite the ALLdefensive teams being a popularity contest in many cases, he was just never an elite defender. You can't convince me other than saying he steals the ball often. If that's all there is to defense, you're right. Too bad it isn't.

Forget Mutombo? how could I he wasn't the same Den/Atl version and by the next season he was after thought because of the lane rule changes, I never said The Answer was great defender but to win back to back DPOY in conference/ncaa then not make any all def teams while doing what you do next level is a travesty, he didn't have to make 1st team but not making it at all is strange to me

when did leading the league in steals or scoring or boards or blocks or assists for multiple years ever lead to some player being overrated? only if The Answer did it I guess

Snow and Mckie weren't elite all nba material they were decent, and Mutombo won it off reputation his last award, you figure if that's all you do is play defense you should make the all def. team annually, like a young version of Mutombo did

he was gifted enough to play all nba def. if he didn't have to jack up 40 shots per game is what I am trying to get through to you, like for instance if Phi had been smart and drafted Tmac in 97' and then Dirk in 98' he would have been able to put more effort on that side of the ball, but instead he had a team full of defenders so his job was to put the ball in the bucket at all costs, I could be wrong but Snow/Mckie/Lynch didn't make multiple all nba def. teams, if so then you got me, they could guard multiple positions but were undersized for the most part in doing that, Snow was strong for a PG though

Mutombo was mummy dust when he came to the Sixers, he was 35yrs or so, he could just play a long time as witnessed with his stint with Rockets because he was a slow footed big who didn't rely on athletic ability but had Ratliff not got injured/traded he was a athletic big who complemented The Answer way better on both sides of the ball

The Answer never got to play with elite offense players until he was almost 12 years into the league with Melo (and by that time he was becoming mummy dust after the wear and tear of carrying Sixers), or he would have exerted more on ball defense since he had the max capability to do so, he could do whatever he wanted on the court being so naturally gifted

Mike Conley or John Wall or Bradley are not what I would call elite, they are solid, elite is shutting down/containing other elite players, they cant do that to none of the elite guards of the league, past or present

you probably thought Lue was elite after jersey holding The Answer in 01' Finals based on your views

fake fans talk out they ***, I tell it how it actually goes down or how it could have went down

no need to be fanatical over facts

The Answer hater confirmed = you

More-Than-Most
06-10-2016, 02:05 AM
The NBA finals already happened. Curry managed to outplay arguably the best PG in the game on a bum knee. I think most people will remember the 3-1 comeback between him and Klay, and the Thunder choking.

Curry's basically a shell of himself right now. Anyone who actually watched him this year, knows he looks done. He's lacking explosiveness to create space and get to the rim. He'll still have his flashes of brilliance but it just looks like he's fatigued. I expect him to turn it up like he did last series but either way, his numbers speak for themselves this year. The Warriors would not have survived Portland without him.

making my point for me... Out play the best PG in the game on a bum knee? What? He played well in the final game no doubt but he was in no way shape or form better than westy in that series.... Thank God for Klay.... He isnt a shell of himself he is just being D the hell up and sucking like last finals.... He will come out of it but it has 0 to do with injuries... Like I stated during the thunder series when he was sucking it was injuries.... then he had a great game 7 and it was hes back... now he is sucking again and its injuries.... what was his excuse in last years finals where for several games he was shut down by the horrible player that is delly?

More-Than-Most
06-10-2016, 02:06 AM
And people thought steph would be just as good in the hand checking era smh

100 percent spot on

Meth
06-10-2016, 02:08 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsKCyNvnt7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM2W5GNL118

Ehh, to each his own I guess.

More-Than-Most
06-10-2016, 02:15 AM

I can show you links similar to that about harden as well... Yes harden... There are links of his best defensive plays as well... I guess that makes him a good defender too?

watch him next game.... watch him stand 5 feet off of whomever he is guarding while he slowly takes a step back into the paint and then back out towards the 3 point line so the defender doesnt blow by him... Then when he does come sightly closer said player blows by him..

Its a shame really because he should be godly on the defensive end with never having to guard the best player and literally having all great defenders around him in Iggy/Klay/Green.

Lol in this video the homer guy says and quote.. I WONT LIE TO YOU... HAVING DRAY ON YOUR TEAM HELPS.... No ****ing ****.... also throw in Klay/Iggy etc etc etc

Meth
06-10-2016, 02:28 AM
I can show you links similar to that about harden as well... Yes harden... There are links of his best defensive plays as well... I guess that makes him a good defender too?

watch him next game.... watch him stand 5 feet off of whomever he is guarding while he slowly takes a step back into the paint and then back out towards the 3 point line so the defender doesnt blow by him... Then when he does come sightly closer said player blows by him..

Its a shame really because he should be godly on the defensive end with never having to guard the best player and literally having all great defenders around him in Iggy/Klay/Green.

Show and tell me if those come from reputable sources.

And it doesn't matter because it's basically hearsay at this point. I've seen enough games to conclude that Curry's a plus defender, much improved from seasons prior.

More-Than-Most
06-10-2016, 02:35 AM
Show and tell me if those come from reputable sources.

And it doesn't matter because it's basically hearsay at this point. I've seen enough games to conclude that Curry's a plus defender, much improved from seasons prior.

so now the eye test? and the you watched enough games evidence? Gotcha no need to continue.

CHANGO
06-10-2016, 02:53 AM

OK I have watch enough of this guy videos to say that he is definitely a W's homer, or a Curry homer. One of the 2. He's always praising the W's and criticizing other teams/players. He also defended them with the moving screens saying "all teams do that". :laugh:

lol, please
06-10-2016, 02:53 AM
I think there's no doubt that Curry is the best RS player due to his just explosive offensive game making his teammates better by simply just being on the floor.

That said, fast forward to 3 games into the Finals, and at this point we are looking at someone who has come up real small in each game and has looked generally intimidated to play on this stage as its no secret in his poor body language.

Now I think it's great that Warriors are so stacked to the point to where as they don't even need Curry to produce all that much, but there comes a point in time where you need to start living up to your label as MVP and ultimately the best player in the game.

Superstars/MVPs/GOATs don't repeatedly fail to show up for the biggest stage in the game, or they are supposed to get criticized to no end, no exceptions. 2011 Finals Lebron was a joke and his direct criticisms followed suite and deservedly so.

It's unlikely that Curry is 'injured', too. The timing of his announcing that he won't play in the olympics is kind of sketchy after having the few bad games. I think Cavs have found a way to shut him down as the Spurs have done and might have done had they faced him in the WCF.

Assuming Curry continues this poor play, the question is how much of a black eye is it on Curry's career regardless of the outcome?

The 73 win season, MVP Curry, etc. People will be looking at these things decades down the line and see that Curry came up real small in the Finals despite the Warriors success that year.

Curry will still be remembered as one of the greatest to ever grace a court.

A few bad games in a championship run doesn't change that.

Painfully small sample size.

L8kers4life
06-10-2016, 02:57 AM
It matters for Lebron... it mattered for Kobe.... so much so that it was borderline unfair.... I dont think lebron has ever had as bad of a series has Curry has had this finals/last finals or the WCF and everybody wants to say lebron beats up on a weak east but those same people are giving curry a pass because they win regardless and because of some stupid notion that he opens everything up even though half the time they go on huge runs when he is on the bench.

He is an amazing player but if this doesn't show you there are better all around players whom dont have the luxury of the talent around them he has then you need to watch another sport because you clearly do not understand basketball... the double standards when it comes to guys like lebron/kobe is borderline ridiculous when compared to a curry/durant who get no hate nomatter how they choke or play.

Curry will heat up for 2 games out of this entire series... the warriors will win... curry will get the FMVP for his name and everyone yet again will give him a pass for being terrible because he finally showed up in 2 games all while people will **** on lebron for losing the finals against this team that has so much talent they are winning without steph curry.... really think about this last paragraph and this logic because the 10 normal haters come in and say he is being carried or playing like crap... Lebron has had 1 bad game but was amazing in games 1 and 3 on both sides of the floor including shutting down green last night yet his team is 1-2 in the finals.... curry has not showed up for any of the 3 games and his team is up 2-1..... Yet we gauge individuals by championships... amazing.

I agree with a lot of points, but I think the talent in his team is over rated, I think it has more to do the system they run. Let's just look at the roster

LeBron > Steph
Kyrie > Klay
Draymond > K Love
Thompson> Bogut
Jr Smith = Barnes

Iguadola> Jefferson
Livingston > Delly
Shump> Barbosa
Frye > Ezeli

Coaching GSW

The talent separation is not that far off. I think if there was a top 10 draft of all these players.

It would probably go, based on importance in this finals and talent level. This is about as even as it can get, and the Cavs have the greatest player on the planet.

1. LeBron
2. Steph
3. Kyrie
4. Draymond
5. Klay
6.Kevin Love
7.Thompson
8. Iguadola ( he could be higher)
9. Barnes
10. JR Smith

Coaching and System GSW

Meth
06-10-2016, 03:12 AM
so now the eye test? and the you watched enough games evidence? Gotcha no need to continue.

Oh, please continue. Proceed to provide actual substance to prove otherwise. Unless you want to contribute and argue with your own eye test and pass it as reputable just like almost every post on this forum.

CHANGO
06-10-2016, 03:13 AM
Curry will still be remembered as one of the greatest to ever grace a court.

A few bad games in a championship run doesn't change that.

Painfully small sample size.

Ok troll,please enough with the "small sample size" ********...

Lebron has been burned for years for his 2011 Finals performance. Those were 6 games... Curry is playing worse (overall) than Lebron through 3 games that's 50% already.

Lebron averaged 17.8pts, 48 FG%, 7.2rpg, 6.8apg and 1.7spg with about 2.5 TOPG
102 ORTG (4th highest) and 110 DRTG (5th lowest)
Curry is averaging 16pts, 44 FG%, 5rpg, 4apg and 1spg with 5 TOPG
93 ORTG (4th lowest) and 106 DRTG (5th highest)

With Curry on court, the W's are WORSE OFFENSIVELY (9 players better than Curry on that category) and also worse defensively (8 players better).

He's having a worse Finals performance than Lebron and still, if they win with Curry sucking, nobody will criticize him.

CHANGO
06-10-2016, 03:13 AM
I agree with a lot of points, but I think the talent in his team is over rated, I think it has more to do the system they run. Let's just look at the roster

LeBron > Steph
Kyrie > Klay
Draymond > K Love
Thompson> Bogut
Jr Smith = Barnes

Iguadola> Jefferson
Livingston > Delly
Shump> Barbosa
Frye > Ezeli

Coaching GSW

The talent separation is not that far off. I think if there was a top 10 draft of all these players.

It would probably go, based on importance in this finals and talent level. This is about as even as it can get, and the Cavs have the greatest player on the planet.

1. LeBron
2. Steph
3. Kyrie
4. Draymond
5. Klay
6.Kevin Love
7.Thompson
8. Iguadola ( he could be higher)
9. Barnes
10. JR Smith

Coaching and System GSW

Excellent analysis...

Meth
06-10-2016, 03:23 AM
Ok troll,please enough with the "small sample size" ********...

Lebron has been burned for years for his 2011 Finals performance. Those were 6 games... Curry is playing worse (overall) than Lebron through 3 games that's 50% already.

Lebron averaged 17.8pts, 48 FG%, 7.2rpg, 6.8apg and 1.7spg with about 2.5 TOPG
102 ORTG (4th highest) and 110 DRTG (5th lowest)
Curry is averaging 16pts, 44 FG%, 5rpg, 4apg and 1spg with 5 TOPG
93 ORTG (4th lowest) and 106 DRTG (5th highest)

With Curry on court, the W's are WORSE OFFENSIVELY (9 players better than Curry on that category) and also worse defensively (8 players better).

He's having a worse Finals performance than Lebron and still, if they win with Curry sucking, nobody will criticize him.

I agree. Unless Curry lights it up for 40 points to close the series, his offensive performance has been dismal. He needs to dominate the rest of the series to at least show that he's the best player in the league. I do slightly give him the benefit for being injured... but then again, that's no excuse to vastly underperform.

CHANGO
06-10-2016, 12:44 PM
I agree. Unless Curry lights it up for 40 points to close the series, his offensive performance has been dismal. He needs to dominate the rest of the series to at least show that he's the best player in the league. I do slightly give him the benefit for being injured... but then again, that's no excuse to vastly underperform.

Even with him dropping 200 points in a span of 4 games I wouldn't "forget" how bad he played. Great players are great 95% of the time. You have people criticizing players for 1 or 2 bad games in a series, Curry have 3 already and nothing happens because we expect him to turn it up?

That's like saying if Lebron wins 3 more rings we will forget his failure against the Mavs.
Or the dilemma with "Kobe and the clutch gene" playing like crap to finish a quarter, putting his team in close games and then hitting the winning shot, people forgetting the crap and saying he saved his team.

He's just bad. I mean, Lebron on the first game had 24 points, Curry hasn't even sniffed 20 yet.

jason
06-10-2016, 01:41 PM
All of the sudden Curry is straight garbage and a terrible defender who has been exposed :laugh2:

tredigs
06-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Even with him dropping 200 points in a span of 4 games I wouldn't "forget" how bad he played. Great players are great 95% of the time. You have people criticizing players for 1 or 2 bad games in a series, Curry have 3 already and nothing happens because we expect him to turn it up?

That's like saying if Lebron wins 3 more rings we will forget his failure against the Mavs.
Or the dilemma with "Kobe and the clutch gene" playing like crap to finish a quarter, putting his team in close games and then hitting the winning shot, people forgetting the crap and saying he saved his team.

He's just bad. I mean, Lebron on the first game had 24 points, Curry hasn't even sniffed 20 yet.

Lol "hasn't sniffed 20 points". After the terrible 1h he had 19 pts on 6-13 last game and 18 on 7-11 in a very good offensive performance (that was cut off due to fouls and a blowout) in game 2. Lebron had 23 on 9-21 in the first blowout and 19 on 7-17 with 7 TO's in the 2nd blowout. G3 is where he brought it.

Your commentary consistently reeks of a dude just looking to hate.

lol, please
06-10-2016, 02:30 PM
All of the sudden Curry is straight garbage and a terrible defender who has been exposed :laugh2:

It's the overwhelming hate these cats have.

All year we got to witness history. The greatest player we have ever seen.

You can't have a couple bad games apparently. :rolleyes:

The problem is not only are they blinded by hate, but they are prisoners of the moment.

Like I said before, it's a super small sample size - indicative of nothing.

BKLYNpigeon
06-10-2016, 02:42 PM
What a fukin dumb thread.

Curry sprained his Ankle and MCL in the playoffs. obviously he's not 100%

In game 2 and 3 combined - curry is shooing 54%

WaDe03
06-10-2016, 02:55 PM

Bum knee but doing 360 alley oop dunks in warm ups? I'm not buying that weak excuse, he eat out and came back when his knee was good to go.

WaDe03
06-10-2016, 02:57 PM
All time great show up on the biggest stage, Curry doesn't.

Hawkeye15
06-10-2016, 03:08 PM
people flip on players so fast it's hilarious

jason
06-10-2016, 03:52 PM
people flip on players so fast it's hilarious

Right? Its like game to game with these guys.. Somehow 26/6/5 - 44% in the finals is garbage is also :laugh:

D-Leethal
06-10-2016, 05:53 PM
People don't tend to remember if you played poorly when you win the championship. He needs to lose a series to start getting a finals choker label.

FlashBolt
06-10-2016, 06:34 PM
Right? Its like game to game with these guys.. Somehow 26/6/5 - 44% in the finals is garbage is also :laugh:

When you use context, that 26/6/5 is misleading. Curry played well in terms of averages but in a few of those games, he was nowhere to be found. He pumped up some points when the game was pretty much already decided (aka, Cavs were already up 15 and he's scoring points). Yesterday, it's fair to say Curry realistically only had about 8 points because a few of his buckets were when they were already down 20+. Game was pretty much decided by then so how much he scored wouldn't have had an effect on the game. I don't judge a player by numbers all the time. You have to judge by impact. Kyrie had an impact in game three because he was an effective player when the game mattered.

FlashBolt
06-10-2016, 06:35 PM
People don't tend to remember if you played poorly when you win the championship. He needs to lose a series to start getting a finals choker label.

Curry would be down 0-3 if his team wasn't better than the Cavs. So yes, it DOES matter.

TylerSL
06-10-2016, 06:55 PM
I voted some effect but only if it continues. In all honesty however, for both Steph Curry and the Golden State Warriors, it's too early to say. This Finals is everything for Lebron considering there will come a time where he's not a lock to reach the Finals and if he loses again he will no longer be the King. The Golden State Warriors on the other hand, are not going anywhere. Klay is signed through 2019, Draymond through 2020, and it's not a question of if but when Steph signs a 5 year max extension. Their only notable free agent this summer will be Harrison Barnes, and he's only a RFA meaning Golden State can match any offer he potentially agrees to.

I don't see them landing Durant this summer but in 2017 the only players they will have on the roster will be Steph Curry when he signs his max extension (around $32.7 million), Klay Thompson ($17.826 million), Draymond Green ($16.4 million), and a team option on Kevon Looney ($1.192 million). So in the summer of 2017 when the cap is projected to be at least $109 million the Warriors are set to have less than $70 million in payroll giving them possibly as much as $40 million in cap space in the summer of 2017. Of course that's before adding Harrison Barnes's contract this summer if they decide to keep him. Assuming they do, they will still likely have $25-30 million in cap and will be able to add significant talent to Steph/Klay/Draymond/Barnes. To sum it all up, as long as they stay healthy, there is no reason to not expect the Warriors to be serious title contenders for another 5-7 more years. If they don't end up winning this year but win four or five of the next six (again completely possible) this won't be held against them too badly.

CHANGO
06-10-2016, 07:20 PM
Lol "hasn't sniffed 20 points". After the terrible 1h he had 19 pts on 6-13 last game and 18 on 7-11 in a very good offensive performance (that was cut off due to fouls and a blowout) in game 2. Lebron had 23 on 9-21 in the first blowout and 19 on 7-17 with 7 TO's in the 2nd blowout. G3 is where he brought it.

Your commentary consistently reeks of a dude just looking to hate.

Just looking to hate?

So it's my fault that he is being a dumb defender and picking easy fouls? Should we give him a pass for that too?

LMAO

Explain then why his Finals are worse than Lebron 2011 Finals.

CHANGO
06-10-2016, 07:25 PM
"They are prisoners of the moment"

Say the guy who thinks Klay is the best SG in the league "CUZ HE KILLED IT ON 3 ROUNDS OF THE PLAYOFFS" against Houston (Great defenders), Blazers (Great defense) and OKC (ok, this was a legit great defense). But again, he is sucking on these Finals...

It's funny that y'all say people like to flip easy on a player when that exactly happened with Lebron. I don't want to go and watch his games vs the Mavs but he wasn't bad on all the games, it was a 8pt game and then 2 or 3 more where he was below average, that's 4 games of a 6 games series. After that, he is considered a loser because his team lost the series. Talk about flipping easy on a player.

I already showed that Curry is doing WORSE than Lebron, but he will not be considered a loser because his team probably will win.

D-Leethal
06-10-2016, 07:33 PM
Curry would be down 0-3 if his team wasn't better than the Cavs. So yes, it DOES matter.

History won't give a **** - that has pretty much been proven. You might, but general consensus won't. It's also tough to say they would be down 0-3 because he had no reason to try and force the issue in games 1 and 2 when they blew out Cleveland - he was comfortable letting other guys do their thing in 2 games everything was going right for the supporting cast and they didn't have to lean on their MVP.

CHANGO
06-10-2016, 07:45 PM
Four of ten of the W's lineups on this Finals feature Curry (lineups that have played more than 5 minutes together). Those 4 lineups are the worst offensive lineups for the Warriors (in terms of ORTG). The worst being a lineup with Ian Clark and Brandon Rush that only played 5 minutes (LOL). So, after that garbage time lineup, the next four include Curry on the floor. After that, there's no more Curry lineup, the rest are with Liv and Barbosa, Klay etc...

So... Yeah, when bench players are outplaying your star player and making your team better, I think it's safe to say that your star is costing your team and not being a plus.

zn23
06-10-2016, 07:48 PM
If they lose, it will definitely hurt his legacy.

Look at it this way, his PER in the regular season was 31, in the playoffs it dropped 26 and now in the Finals it is at a pathetic 13. He's playing below league average in the finals. Totally coming up short, killing his team offensively and defensively. The Warriors +10 with Curry on the bench. So yea, if they lose he deserves the majority of the blame.

Bostonjorge
06-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Everyone will remember he was playing hurt and instead of sitting he played hurt and help lead his team. If they get the Champioship his legacy becomes even more legendary.

D-Leethal
06-10-2016, 07:57 PM
I think how it should effect his legacy and how it does effect his legacy are two completely different things. If GSW wins it doesn't do much at all to effect his legacy, even if it should.

JordansBulls
06-10-2016, 07:58 PM

Miami should have won 2011 Finals as well

More-Than-Most
06-10-2016, 10:27 PM
Miami should have won 2011 Finals as well

Yup... no doubt... Lebron choked that away. I can give him a pass on all other finals because of lack of talent/better teams.... He had the talent against the mavs and was the better team... Just flat out choked.

giantspwn
06-11-2016, 12:30 AM
Curry still doesn't look legit, he didn't beat Lebron by a wide enough margin.

BKLYNpigeon
06-11-2016, 11:13 AM
All time great show up on the biggest stage, Curry doesn't.

After that game 4, time for you to Eat Crow.

CHANGO
06-11-2016, 11:41 PM

So... Game 4 was the only big game? Three games stinking it up and with one good game HE'S BACK!!!! LOL

WaDe03
06-12-2016, 08:29 AM

I'm not eating ****. He had 1good game, congrats! He's been a no show 3 out of the 4 games so as I said he doesn't show up.

One Nut Kruk
06-12-2016, 09:51 AM
Curry doesn't give a rats *** what any of us think. I'm sure he'll be pretty happy winning another championship.

He's not playing that great right now but of course it'll get overlooked when they win. You know, because they are the winners.

Funny that some of you look at it like the best players have never struggled at times. Wake up to reality any time.

I'm not a Warriors fan but the hate/jealousy is hilarious.

giantspwn
06-12-2016, 01:57 PM
Curry doesn't give a rats *** what any of us think. I'm sure he'll be pretty happy winning another championship.

He's not playing that great right now but of course it'll get overlooked when they win. You know, because they are the winners.

Funny that some of you look at it like the best players have never struggled at times. Wake up to reality any time.

:clap:

tredigs
06-12-2016, 02:11 PM
So... Game 4 was the only big game? Three games stinking it up and with one good game HE'S BACK!!!! LOL
"stunk it up" in game 2? He was crushing in G2, just got in a little foul trouble coupled with the beatdown which capped his minutes. Your agenda is showing.

Plus, I give him a pass in G1. The Cavs were so hilariously overplaying him in a beatdown that it seemed like they were more concerned with holding down Curry's stats rather than attempt to actually win the game. His presence was felt in droves by the teammates.

I called that G4 by the way. Expect more of the same in G5.

CHANGO
06-12-2016, 03:20 PM
"stunk it up" in game 2? He was crushing in G2, just got in a little foul trouble coupled with the beatdown which capped his minutes. Your agenda is showing.

Plus, I give him a pass in G1. The Cavs were so hilariously overplaying him in a beatdown that it seemed like they were more concerned with holding down Curry's stats rather than attempt to actually win the game. His presence was felt in droves by the teammates.

You give him a pass everytime. You are a homer dude. It's sad because I thought Hawk, Chronz, Avenged and you were the best posters here a long time ago.

I already gave you stats and facts, you are giving me ********, so I'm not going to debate with your homerism here.

Talk with logic and facts, get called a hater. Just on PSD.

Bostonjorge
06-12-2016, 04:33 PM
Curry now has a chance to win a game as the underdog and win a championship. His legacy is going to take a huge jump.

lol, please
06-13-2016, 03:57 AM

Everyone will remember he was playing hurt and instead of sitting he played hurt and help lead his team. If they get the Champioship his legacy becomes even more legendary.

:clap:

lol, please
06-13-2016, 03:58 AM
You give him a pass everytime. You are a homer dude. It's sad because I thought Hawk, Chronz, Avenged and you were the best posters here a long time ago.

I already gave you stats and facts, you are giving me ********, so I'm not going to debate with your homerism here.

Kind of like when you ducked the stats I laid out for you as to how Curry has been a better player than Lebron for 2 seasons?

ok bro.

It's not homerism if it's true and rooted in fact.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2016, 04:21 AM
Curry now has a chance to win a game as the underdog and win a championship. His legacy is going to take a huge jump.

lol they are still 7 point favorites.... even without green they are still a better team.

PayDaPiper
06-13-2016, 09:23 AM
Curry just dropped 38 in a pivotal game 4 road win. If he scores 30 plus tonight and they close it out, he'll probably get MVP, how would he be criticized?

Not to mention, after the finals are over, I'm sure the injuries he has been playing through will come out

yubnh
06-13-2016, 10:41 AM
We all have a legacy, and everyday we write a new page.http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/6.gif
http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/4.gifhttp://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/7.gif

tredigs
06-13-2016, 11:35 AM

If he did not step up in the must win G4 (where I knew and said he would), i would have called him out. But he was the best player on the floor. His game 3 was garbage.

I've been on my phone traveling so i can't parade with the stats, but i don't know what game you're watching if you don't see that the Cavs hilariously overplayed him (and Klay) to their demise in G1 and that he dominated all minutes he happened to play in G2 (25 i think). It has not been a close series, but Curry consistently proves to step up in series when it truly matters. And, well, that counts.

KnicksorBust
06-13-2016, 11:46 AM

Best post in the thread. I think people are unanimous describing his game 3 and game 4. You can't deny he played bad in game 3 and you can't deny he played great in game 4. The true difference in how people viewed game 1 and 2 seems to be from their perspective. Curry supporters (like myself) have to work hard to add context to his subpar game 3 stats by looking at how frequently he drew the attention of the defense to provide WIDE OPEN layups/shots for his teammates. Curry detractors say he stunk in Game 2 where he shot 7-11 from the field, hit 4 threes, and they won by 33.

If Curry blows up for another 30-40 point game in Game 5 and they win without Draymond he's getting FMVP. I had to click on "the black eye" answer just now bc I wanted to get major effect. These poll options are looking pretty silly now that the narrative has changed.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-19-2016, 11:07 PM
Warriors might turn into a dynasty and he may end up winning more than 6 championships down the line. But people won't forget Curry not winning chip during the 73 win season imo.

lol, please
06-19-2016, 11:10 PM
Warriors might turn into a dynasty and he may end up winning more than 6 championships down the line. But people won't forget Curry not winning chip during the 73 win season imo.

That is unless the Warriors break their own regular season record, which they might.