PDA

View Full Version : Should Cavs bench Love going forward in this series?

HandsOnTheWheel
06-08-2016, 11:29 PM
They've looked 10x more fluid tonight than in games 1 & 2. It's not just cause of HCA, they have dismantled the Warriors tonight.

Should they bench Love going forward?

More-Than-Most
06-08-2016, 11:38 PM
he would be an offensive force off the bench... Yes.... He cant start or they will lose the next 2 games.... He is such a hole on defense and with this cavs team you cant cover up for his defense and kyrie when both are in the lineup together.

This is why I said this team would be better with last years team over a healthy love/kyrie... Their defense is worse than a paraplegics.

ewing
06-08-2016, 11:45 PM
no but if Curry and Klay show up and LeBron cant hit a jump shot next game i am sure he will get the blame

gauth25
06-09-2016, 12:12 AM
I've had the Warriors winning in 6 and it hasn't changed. Having said that, the Cavs are a better team without Love on the court. He can't defend, he ego from being the number 1 option in Minny has people seeing it as a necessity to get him shots, and he slows everything down on offense. Golden State attempted alot of stupid shots especially when they fell behind but Cleveland looked like a different team. Ya, I know they were at home but it's the Finals. It'll be interesting to see what Lue decides to do after what he saw from his team tonight.

Yanks All Day
06-09-2016, 12:16 AM
He shouldn't be benched, but he should come off the bench.

Cleveland's lineup of Irving-Smith-Jefferson-LeBron-Thompson is a bad matchup for Golden State. Especially if Klay and Steph continue shooting poorly. Without Kevin Love, the Cavs don't have trouble switching on the pick and roll. There are no open jumpers available for Golden State like they're used to. It's a matchup problem that really favors Cleveland. Love should come off the bench and take advantage of the time when Draymond Green is on the bench. That's when he's going to be most effective in this series.

shep33
06-09-2016, 12:26 AM
He needs to go next year. Without a doubt.

CHANGO
06-09-2016, 12:50 AM
If Lue have some balls, he's going to start Jefferson again and bring Love from the bench to play 15 or 20mpg. The defense was way better without him on the floor, and Kyrie was better too.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-09-2016, 02:34 AM
Either way I think it's safe to say Lebron will have the final say on this.

DboneG
06-10-2016, 08:03 AM
Yes...I wouldn't play him at all tonight. See how things go going forward.

ghettosean
06-10-2016, 09:03 AM

Cleveland's lineup of Irving-Smith-Jefferson-LeBron-Thompson is a bad matchup for Golden State. Especially if Klay and Steph continue shooting poorly. Without Kevin Love, the Cavs don't have trouble switching on the pick and roll. There are no open jumpers available for Golden State like they're used to. It's a matchup problem that really favors Cleveland. Love should come off the bench and take advantage of the time when Draymond Green is on the bench. That's when he's going to be most effective in this series.

This...

Lets not get too excited and pretend Love has no talent and is like James Jones that you can just bench but after what happened in Game 3 I'm not sure how you insert him back into the starting line up without giving Jefferson another chance with that group as there were a lot of mismatches for the Warriors to deal with.

Hawkeye15
06-10-2016, 10:16 AM
since LeBron works better at PF at this point, I would bring Love off the bench, and start Jefferson at the 3. Better for defensive purposes, and allows the short bench to have some firepower.

Hawkeye15
06-10-2016, 10:17 AM

yep

JasonJohnHorn
06-10-2016, 11:52 AM
The big difference in the last game wasn't that K-Love wasn't on the court; it was that LBJ was guarding Green.

Teh Cavs had a great defensive strategy to slow down Curry and Klay, but they were getting killed by Green and the supporting cast. LBJ moves to Green, the Cavs win. It is as simply as that.

Kevin Love if their second best player, and while I will concede that in certain series, coaches should be willing to play key guys less if match-up call for that, and that players should be willing to accept that, I don't think this is the case here.

Green is their leader in assists... that is an important point to consider. If he isn't moving the ball as well as he normally does, the team doesn't do as well. Period. Switch the defensive assignments is what they needed to do. Now they just have to make sure they keep shutting down Klay and Curry too.

Chronz
06-10-2016, 12:45 PM
The big difference in the last game wasn't that K-Love wasn't on the court; it was that LBJ was guarding Green.

Teh Cavs had a great defensive strategy to slow down Curry and Klay, but they were getting killed by Green and the supporting cast. LBJ moves to Green, the Cavs win. It is as simply as that.

Kevin Love if their second best player, and while I will concede that in certain series, coaches should be willing to play key guys less if match-up call for that, and that players should be willing to accept that, I don't think this is the case here.

Green is their leader in assists... that is an important point to consider. If he isn't moving the ball as well as he normally does, the team doesn't do as well. Period. Switch the defensive assignments is what they needed to do. Now they just have to make sure they keep shutting down Klay and Curry too.
But if Love is in, who is he guarding?

CHANGO
06-10-2016, 12:48 PM

Exactly, that's what I was going to say.

The only reason Lebron is even guarding Dray is because Love not being there allows the Cavs to do it.

If Love is there playing as the 4, he would be guarding Barnes or Iggy, that's no bueno. And if he's playing the 5... Forget about it.

eDush
06-10-2016, 03:22 PM

Exactly, that's what I was going to say.

The only reason Lebron is even guarding Dray is because Love not being there allows the Cavs to do it.

If Love is there playing as the 4, he would be guarding Barnes or Iggy, that's no bueno. And if he's playing the 5... Forget about it.
Barnes had the best offensive output in the last game for not only in this playoffs but during our best regular season so far so is that from Love bad defense too? :laugh2:. I tell you something you don't get. We wanted to lose regardless of who was starting for them but if idiots want to believe that it was -minus Love or +Mozgov as the reason why they won, go for it :laugh2: but I agree with Bogut when he says people are 'idiots' for thinking he is the reason why we won and now we serve a 3rd purpose for losing that game :nod:.

Just know that only the Warriors can beat the Warriors! Duberlators....let's fly!!!!!

:superman::dance2::superman:

D-Leethal
06-10-2016, 03:55 PM
They need to severely limit the minutes he gets against the Warriors small ball lineup.

DboneG
06-10-2016, 04:52 PM
As a matter of fact. I wouldn't play him at all...until there's a game 7. If there is a game 7. Then, I'll let him loose!!! Let Kevin Love do his thing. Love will have too much on the line to have a poor performance.

1. Championship on the line.
2. His young career on the line.
3. His reputation on the line...people are starting to think he's soft. Draymond screaming and flexing in his face with a no response. A ton of people think that was just a bump in the back of the head. He could have finished playing (I know better). That was like a boxing rabbit punch. That's why you can't hit in the back of the head. But, you see boxers doing it all the time if they can get away with it.

Guaranteed it will be a winning out come. Game 7 only.

CHANGO
06-10-2016, 07:29 PM
Barnes had the best offensive output in the last game for not only in this playoffs but during our best regular season so far so is that from Love bad defense too? :laugh2:. I tell you something you don't get. We wanted to lose regardless of who was starting for them but if idiots want to believe that it was -minus Love or +Mozgov as the reason why they won, go for it :laugh2: but I agree with Bogut when he says people are 'idiots' for thinking he is the reason why we won and now we serve a 3rd purpose for losing that game :nod:.

Just know that only the Warriors can beat the Warriors! Duberlators....let's fly!!!!!

:superman::dance2::superman:

I honestly thought troll,please was the worst "W's fan"... I was clearly wrong.

FlashBolt
06-10-2016, 07:32 PM
As a matter of fact. I wouldn't play him at all...until there's a game 7. If there is a game 7. Then, I'll let him loose!!! Let Kevin Love do his thing. Love will have too much on the line to have a poor performance.

1. Championship on the line.
2. His young career on the line.
3. His reputation on the line...people are starting to think he's soft. Draymond screaming and flexing in his face with a no response. A ton of people think that was just a bump in the back of the head. He could have finished playing (I know better). That was like a boxing rabbit punch. That's why you can't hit in the back of the head. But, you see boxers doing it all the time if they can get away with it.

Guaranteed it will be a winning out come. Game 7 only.

If Cavs can take this to seven games without Love, that tells me something about whether or not they need Love.