PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love out for Game 3

minato_17
06-08-2016, 05:08 PM
So who is replacing him in the starting lineup?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16047455/kevin-love-cleveland-cavaliers-not-cleared-game-3

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

flea
06-08-2016, 05:27 PM
Sucks but I think if Lue was a real coach he'd have benched him anyway. Not because he's bad or anything but because you've got to do something. The series was a lot more competitive last year with Lebron/Thompson/Mozgov as the frontcourt and I think that's what you should try - it can't get any worse than it went the last 2 games.

Plus I think that's how you beat the Warriors anyway. I wish the Thunder had tried their Durant/Kanter/Adams frontcourt more on the Warriors after it worked so well on the Spurs. I get that rebounding was the Spurs's strength while it's the Warriors's weakness but if you've got players that can score individually you don't need the spacing as much - might as well crash the boards.

Hopefuly it's Irving/Smith/Lebron/Thompson/Mozgov and they try to just ugly up the game - only this time Irving can spell Lebron on some offensive possessions as an outlet and maybe Lebron can contribute defensively. The best I have ever seen any team play the Curry/Draymond P&R was Green playing Curry and Leonard playing Draymond because they could both disrupt passing lanes and stifle the offense before it got going. Lebron needs to do that to Draymond defensively for them to win - it can't be Thompson trying to do that. But what the Spurs did requires excellent position defense from perimeter guys and I don't think that's either Smith's or Lebron's strong suit as a defender.

Instead I bet Lue tries to get cute and goes Irving/Smith/Jefferson/Lebron/Thompson and plays Frye a lot. It'll be close for 3 quarters and the Warriors will smash them at some point late in the 3rd or early in the 4th, allowing them to just sit on a lead again.

Supa
06-08-2016, 05:42 PM
Really strange stance Cav is taking. Love was able to play right after the concussion in the first half, even made a three. He also played some minutes in the second half before this "protocol" took over.

Cav should just monitor his minutes and condition, and let Love play this critical game.

Is Cav's executives "preparing" and trying to create an excuse?

Vee-Rex
06-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Really strange stance Cav is taking. Love was able to play right after the concussion in the first half, even made a three. He also played some minutes in the second half before this "protocol" took over.

Cav should just monitor his minutes and condition, and let Love play this critical game.

Is Cav's executives "preparing" and trying to create an excuse?

:confused:

You do realize the effects and symptoms of concussions can have a delay, right?

Saddletramp
06-08-2016, 05:59 PM
Yeah, remember when Klay got knee'd in the head and he continued to play? Couldn't drive home, ear was bleeding from the inside, was way woozy. The concussion protocol is a joke in sports but after a few hours or days, guys just can't perform.

Kush McDaniels
06-08-2016, 06:02 PM
any excuse to play big and defensive

Supa
06-08-2016, 06:14 PM
:confused:

You do realize the effects and symptoms of concussions can have a delay, right?

Then why not be even safer and make Love done for the season?

It's been 3 days, and Love is begging to play. I think he knows his own condition better than anyone else whether he is able to perform.

Just monitor his condition and let him play.

Bostonjorge
06-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Mozgof looked a little out of shape game 2. Its as if he hasn't been playing basketball for a year just ******** around on benches somewhere.

eDush
06-08-2016, 06:33 PM
So who is replacing him in the starting lineup?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16047455/kevin-love-cleveland-cavaliers-not-cleared-game-3

I would move Lebron at the 4 and start Jefferson at the 3 as oppose to starting Frye at the 4 which I think Lue wound do to start the game. I would replace Barnes with Iggy at the 3 to contend with Bron on defense as Barnes is not as good at stopping the King in this series. I can match up any lineup Lue put out there cause we are that good :nod:

42-15-7
06-08-2016, 06:34 PM
Then why not be even safer and make Love done for the season?

It's been 3 days, and Love is begging to play. I think he knows his own condition better than anyone else whether he is able to perform.

Just monitor his condition and let him play.

Ha. No.

No athlete knows their condition better than trained physicians with regard to head trauma. Every person's sense of themselves is inherently subject, and what's needed with concussion is objectivity.

The science of head trauma is weak, but one thing that is crystal clear is that a brain injury of any kind must be allowed to resolve before there can be any risk of subsequent injury. Love is not being held out because he can't play, he's being held out because his prior injury has not resolved to the point that it would be 'safe' for him to take a similar blow to the head.

minato_17
06-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Looks like Cavs are going small. Jefferson will start for Love.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/cavs--jefferson-to-start-for-injured-love-in-nba-finals-game-3-001746368.html

eDush
06-10-2016, 06:51 AM
Looks like Cavs are going small. Jefferson will start for Love.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/cavs--jefferson-to-start-for-injured-love-in-nba-finals-game-3-001746368.html

And i called it before the lineup was announced to the public. Looks like Lue agrees with my lineup suggestion instead of many who thought they should go big and start Mozgov cause it worked last season :laugh2: