PDA

View Full Version : What should the Warriors do this Offseason?

BKLYNpigeon
06-07-2016, 09:25 AM
The Warriors have about 20 million of salary cap space available next season. what should they do?

Under Contract:

Curry
Klay
Draymond
Bogut
Iggy
Livingston
Loney

Restricted FA

Barnes
Ezili

Tony_Starks
06-07-2016, 09:40 AM
Nothing. Re-sign everyone and let the league try to figure out how to beat you.

FYL_McVeezy
06-07-2016, 10:27 AM
Retain as much talent as possible

Scoots
06-07-2016, 10:41 AM
Draft Caris LeVert

Team option:
Livingston

UFA"
Barbosa
Speights
Varejao
Clark
Rush

Bring back UFAs on small deals, if they want more let them walk.

Looney has to replace Speights ... if his hips can hold up.

Cheap-ish FAs to consider:
Gerald Henderson
Gerald Green

UFA Barnes replacement options the Warriors can afford:
Marvin Williams
Bazemore
Evan Turner
Luol Deng
Derrick Williams
Mirza Teletovic
Jared Dudley

BKLYNpigeon
06-07-2016, 10:46 AM
Every Mock Draft has the Warriors Drafting, Caris LeVert

I think the Warriors should let Barnes and Ezili walk.

Try and get Jokim Noah and Luol Deng.

Hawkeye15
06-07-2016, 10:59 AM
retain UFA's on very small deals, or replace them. When Curry is up for renewal, they are going to pay out the nose. They need to keep as much cap space available as possible.

Scoots
06-07-2016, 11:09 AM
If we assume Clarke and Rush leave will need another 5th guard, D-League has:
Erick Green (too small?)
Vander Blue
Aaron Craft (been running the SC Warriors for a couple years now)
Quin Cook (too small?)
Andre Dawkins
Treveon Graham

Warriors always looking for a 2 way player who can shoot.

Scoots
06-07-2016, 11:17 AM
Every Mock Draft has the Warriors Drafting, Caris LeVert

I think the Warriors should let Barnes and Ezili walk.

Try and get Jokim Noah and Luol Deng.

It's kind of annoying, I was on LeVert to the Warriors since last year :) It's the perfect spot for him because they could keep his minutes down. The only problem is where he went to school.

The dream is Denzel Valentine.

I also like in the draft for the Warriors:
Taurean Prince
Juan Hernangomez
DeAndre Bembry
Ben Bentil
Michael Gbinije
Gary Payton II

And I have no idea how he could fit, but I love Kay Felder.

cmellofan15
06-07-2016, 11:18 AM
you don't want aaron craft if you're looking for a shooter lmao

KnicksorBust
06-07-2016, 11:25 AM
Draft Caris LeVert

Team option:
Livingston

UFA"
Barbosa
Speights
Varejao
Clark
Rush

Bring back UFAs on small deals, if they want more let them walk.

Looney has to replace Speights ... if his hips can hold up.

Cheap-ish FAs to consider:
Gerald Henderson
Gerald Green

UFA Barnes replacement options the Warriors can afford:
Marvin Williams
Bazemore
Evan Turner
Luol Deng
Derrick Williams
Mirza Teletovic
Jared Dudley

What would you be willing to pay Barnes?

BKLYNpigeon
06-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Warrior can always retain Harrison Barnes and trade him later.

BKLYNpigeon
06-07-2016, 11:32 AM
20mil for barnes, slightly under the max.

I don't know if he's worth it, but Barnes is only 24 years old. Only a year older then Buddy Hield.

Scoots
06-07-2016, 11:37 AM
Barnes replacement options:
Move Iguodala to start

D-league for backup for Iguodala:
Chris Walker
Raphiael Putney
Vincent Hunter
Justin Harper
Brandon Ashley
Coty Clarke
Nick Minnerath

KnicksorBust
06-07-2016, 11:44 AM
Acting like you can just plug in 1 of 7 dleague players for Iggy is ridiculous. Barnes already turned down 4 years for $64 million. I don't see him signing for less than a max and some team will probably bite with the whole league getting cap space. He's such a highly touted prospect I could see him leaving and trying to be an all-star on another team.

Scoots
06-07-2016, 11:50 AM
you don't want aaron craft if you're looking for a shooter lmao

True, but he knows the offense and plays D. As the guard at the end of the bench he doesn't need to do everything.

Scoots
06-07-2016, 11:52 AM
What would you be willing to pay Barnes?

I would not pay him more than Green, so while I'd like him to take $12M a year, I would be okay up to almost $18M.

KnicksorBust
06-07-2016, 11:56 AM
I would not pay him more than Green, so while I'd like him to take $12M a year, I would be okay up to almost $18M.

He already turned down $16 million per year to play the season out. I doubt he took all that risk to settle for $12. :laugh:

Scoots
06-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Acting like you can just plug in 1 of 7 dleague players for Iggy is ridiculous. Barnes already turned down 4 years for $64 million. I don't see him signing for less than a max and some team will probably bite with the whole league getting cap space. He's such a highly touted prospect I could see him leaving and trying to be an all-star on another team.

I wasn't "acting" like anything. A possible option if Barnes leaves would be to move Iguodala into the starting lineup and bring in some long cheap player to work at their game with the Warriors.

The Warriors want to get under the tax if they can, and if they lose Barnes and keep Ezeli they will need to have 4 roster slots at or around the minimum.

Scoots
06-07-2016, 12:15 PM
He already turned down $16 million per year to play the season out. I doubt he took all that risk to settle for $12. :laugh:

1. He turned down $16M a year on a deal negotiated by the agent he fired and his new agent didn't have time to negotiate a new deal.
2. He didn't exactly have a good year.
3. I said I'd LIKE him to take $12M but would pay him $18M.

Tony_Starks
06-07-2016, 12:34 PM
If Barnes price is too high I don't think I would match.

He's kind of a front running player. Like when you're up he's good at pouring in a few buckets to pile on but not the kind of guy that really makes a difference in close games.

There's a difference between a guy sacrificing to be a 4th option and a guy that is more comfortable being a 4th option. I think he's the latter.

He's a good player but very replaceable imo...

BKLYNpigeon
06-07-2016, 12:49 PM
Defensively, you cant replace Barnes.

the only player close would be Marvin Williams, but I think he's going to get about 15 mil a year.

8kobe24
06-07-2016, 01:53 PM
if KD knocks on the door. they should open it.

nycericanguy
06-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Defensively, you cant replace Barnes.

the only player close would be Marvin Williams, but I think he's going to get about 15 mil a year.

is Barnes really that good defensively? He seems average to me on D, heck he seems average at everything to me.

Doubt Marvin at 30 years of age gets $15m per...he was beyond awful in the playoffs. I think he'll get 3 years $30m type deal.

WestCoastSportz
06-07-2016, 02:33 PM
If its not broke, then why fix it? I don't think they need to do anything except to re-sign everyone they already have. And this is the scary part of it. This team can actually get better as their bench gets deeper. Guys like Ian Clark, Festus Ezeli, Kevon Looney and James McAdoo will continue to get better and when they do, this could be one of the deeper teams in the league.

But there maybe something that would be out of their hands and thats re-signing Barnes. I like Barnes, but he's not worth a ton of money so if he demands $15-18 million a year, they Warriors should just let him walk. His shortcomings today are exactly the same as what they were when he was at Ames high school as the #1 basketball player in the country. He lacks fire and consistency. So if that hasn't changed so far, chances are they never will.

R. Johnson#3
06-07-2016, 02:35 PM
The Warriors should just sit back and laugh.

KnicksorBust
06-07-2016, 02:41 PM
I wasn't "acting" like anything. A possible option if Barnes leaves would be to move Iguodala into the starting lineup and bring in some long cheap player to work at their game with the Warriors.

The Warriors want to get under the tax if they can, and if they lose Barnes and keep Ezeli they will need to have 4 roster slots at or around the minimum.

You listed 7 d-league players as replacements for Andre Iguodala. Just based on principle you should realize how ridiculous that post sounded.

1. He turned down $16M a year on a deal negotiated by the agent he fired and his new agent didn't have time to negotiate a new deal.
2. He didn't exactly have a good year.
3. I said I'd LIKE him to take $12M but would pay him $18M.

I doubt he fired his agent because the agent got too much money and he would have preferred less. That's another absurd implication. You will say "I never said that" and while that will be technically true then what is the purpose of bringing up the agents in the first place? We are talking about how much he signs for and no one chooses a new agent to sign for less. Any idiot can negotiate less money. Then you, for the second time, repeat that you'd LIKE him to take $12 million. Who cares what you'd like? He's not taking $12 million per year. Why suggest something that isn't logical? I wanted to know how high you would be willing to go. $18 million seems like a reasonable price. I wouldn't be shocked if a team in need of talent max'd him out given his age and skills and I am very interested to see if the Warriors will match.

TrueFan420
06-07-2016, 02:46 PM
retain UFA's on very small deals, or replace them. When Curry is up for renewal, they are going to pay out the nose. They need to keep as much cap space available as possible.

Iggy and Boguts deals both expire when curry's deal does. Just from those 3 ending they'll have 30+ million off the books. They'll have plenty to bring back Curry. Iggy and Bogut won't be back if they're asking for 10+ million at their ages. They'll prob get 5-8 each.

Scoots
06-07-2016, 03:38 PM
You listed 7 d-league players as replacements for Andre Iguodala. Just based on principle you should realize how ridiculous that post sounded.

I doubt he fired his agent because the agent got too much money and he would have preferred less. That's another absurd implication. You will say "I never said that" and while that will be technically true then what is the purpose of bringing up the agents in the first place? We are talking about how much he signs for and no one chooses a new agent to sign for less. Any idiot can negotiate less money. Then you, for the second time, repeat that you'd LIKE him to take $12 million. Who cares what you'd like? He's not taking $12 million per year. Why suggest something that isn't logical? I wanted to know how high you would be willing to go. $18 million seems like a reasonable price. I wouldn't be shocked if a team in need of talent max'd him out given his age and skills and I am very interested to see if the Warriors will match.

I listed 7 d-league players as possible bench players taking Barnes spot on the roster with Iguodala replacing Barnes as a starter.

1. Barnes fired his agent supposedly because he didn't like how much his agent expected to make from the deal. Barnes wanted to keep more money from the deal and stay with the Warriors.
2. No agent would recommend their client sign a deal negotiated by another agent.
3. I care what I'd like. The fact that you didn't read that part the first time is not my problem. I didn't suggest he'd take $12M. Have you never said what you think a player is worth to a team knowing it's unlikely he'd sign for that on the current market? That's what I did. I'd like to pay $12M, I'd go up to $18M. And who knows ... maybe he'll sign for $12M and surprise everybody.
4. I don't think they match a max though because they got Klay and Dray to sign short of a max and are probably going to try to get Steph short of his max too, so if they pay Barnes 25%+ more than Klay and Dray's new contracts for performing at a far lower level it could seriously dent the team camaraderie.

Scoots
06-07-2016, 03:40 PM
Iggy and Boguts deals both expire when curry's deal does. Just from those 3 ending they'll have 30+ million off the books. They'll have plenty to bring back Curry. Iggy and Bogut won't be back if they're asking for 10+ million at their ages. They'll prob get 5-8 each.

Unfortunately for the team, the year after that the cap will supposedly go down which will reduce the max.

beasted86
06-07-2016, 03:46 PM
The Warriors have about 20 million of salary cap space available next season. what should they do?

Under Contract:

Curry
Klay
Draymond
Bogut
Iggy
Livingston
Loney

Restricted FA

Barnes
Ezili
Before we go any further can somebody outline the $20M in cap space that I simply can't account for no matter what computing I do?

I'll get whoever started by telling you the cap is projected at $92M, and giving you a link to the Warriors salaries here:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state_warriors/

I think it's necessary we start with the facts.

TrueFan420
06-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Unfortunately for the team, the year after that the cap will supposedly go down which will reduce the max.

Eh whatever... Curry most certainly deserves it every penny of it.

Captain Moroni
06-07-2016, 04:54 PM
They should go home and celebrate being the best team of all time.

Hawkeye15
06-07-2016, 05:11 PM
They should trade Curry/Green to the Wolves for Rubio, #5 pick, and the expiring of KG :)

Scoots
06-07-2016, 05:20 PM
Before we go any further can somebody outline the $20M in cap space that I simply can't account for no matter what computing I do?

I'll get whoever started by telling you the cap is projected at $92M, and giving you a link to the Warriors salaries here:

Facts schmacts.

D-BAGDAN
06-07-2016, 05:27 PM

That link clearly shows that you dont know how to read. You might want to double check

Saddletramp
06-07-2016, 05:28 PM

I think that $74 million doesn't account for the cap holds on Ezeli and Barnes and factors in Jason Thompson's buyout and Livingston's team option. Ask Scoots, as we've had this discussion before. That leaves close to $20M left and then they can go over the cap to match any offers Barnes and Ezeli get and sign Barbossa and Speights back (if they want. If they lose those guys, though, that'll be depth lost).

Although I think those cap holds on Ezeli and Barnes count against the cap? So (if they do) that'll be about $8 million? If that's all the case, it'll be closer to the $10M but they'd have to sign their guys after using that room and we've seen some owners like Cuban make players make quick decisions around that time.

I have no idea if all of that is true (I think it is?) but regardless, It'll definitely be interesting this offseason with what they do.

koreancabbage
06-07-2016, 05:33 PM
damn. i do not want to look at that luxury tax bill when it comes when curry signs up for the max. LOL

i'm just saying it would look grotesque, not like it would be worth anything if the Warriors keep winning

D-BAGDAN
That link clearly shows that you dont know how to read. You might want to double check

K.Thompson-$16,663,575
D.Green-$15,330,435
A.Bogut-$11,027,027
A.Iguodala-$11,131,368
S.Curry-$12,112,359
J.Thompson-$6,825,000
S.Livingston-$5,782,450(Team Option)
H.Barnes-$5,194,226(QO)
F.Ezeli-$3,013,122(QO)
K.Looney-$1,142,880

Projected-$74,232,644

UFA-M.Speights,L.Barbosa,B.Rush,I.CLark,J.Michael McAdoo, A.Verejao

Not sure how the cap holds work

beasted86
Facts schmacts.

:shrug:

Well, I just thought the thread should be "What should the Warriors do if they had $20M cap space?"

beasted86
06-07-2016, 05:37 PM
I think that $74 million doesn't account for the cap holds on Ezeli and Barnes and factors in Jason Thompson's buyout and Livingston's team option. Ask Scoots, as we've had this discussion before. That leaves close to $20M left and then they can go over the cap to match any offers Barnes and Ezeli get and sign Barbossa and Speights back (if they want. If they lose those guys, though, that'll be depth lost).

Although I think those cap holds on Ezeli and Barnes count against the cap? So (if they do) that'll be about $8 million? If that's all the case, it'll be closer to the $10M but they'd have to sign their guys after using that room and we've seen some owners like Cuban make players make quick decisions around that time.

I have no idea if all of that is true (I think it is?) but regardless, It'll definitely be interesting this offseason with what they do.

Even if they renounced everyone, with roster holds and the 30th pick, rough estimate is like $14M.

With the cap holds on their restricted free agents only (including the MLE which is technically a cap holds), they probably have no cap space at all to start a thread about.

Monta is beast
06-07-2016, 06:22 PM
Klay Thompson - $16,662,500
Draymond Green - $15,300,000
Andrew Bogut - $11,027,027
Andre Iguodala - $11,131,368
Steph Curry - $12,112,359
Shaun Livingston - $5,782,450
Kevon Looney - $1,182,840

Jason Thompson - $2,650,000

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total: $75,848,544

The Warriors f.o is rumored to be frusturated with Barnes, they think he has the ability to be better than he has been. As for Ezeli, I think hes leaving as well. I dont see the warriors giving over 10 mill to someome who might play 20 minutes. I was convinced a few years ago he would be the center of the future, but he hasnt shown enough progress and hes injury prone. So lets just say the warriors let both Barnes and Ezeli become unrestricted free agents.

That leaves us around $13,000,000 under the cap. With a roster of

Curry//Livingston
Thompson
Iguodala
Green//Looney
Bogut

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would look into signing Mozgov for cheap. The Warriors have liked him for a long time.

I think Jared Dudley would be a good pickup.

Bring Brandon Rush and LB back.

Curry//Livingston
Thompson//LB//Dudley
Iguodala//Dudley//Rush
Green//Looney
Bogut//Mozgov

We'll see what happens...imo we have ghe best f.o in the nba so im confident they'll make the right decisions

likemystylez
06-07-2016, 07:06 PM
damn. i do not want to look at that luxury tax bill when it comes when curry signs up for the max. LOL

i'm just saying it would look grotesque, not like it would be worth anything if the Warriors keep winning

This year the warriors upped their face value on their playoff and finals tickets so they closed the gap on what scalpers are making and the warriors organization are raking in most of that ridiculous cash that seats are going for.

Being one of the fans who just paid to go and watch sundays game, LOL that luxury tax bill that's headed there way aint no thing but a chicken wing if they can sell tickets for an average of over a grand per seat.

Monta is beast
06-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Plus back to back years going to the finals. Thats allot of extra $$. Were also the #1 teams in sales..laxob said he'll pay the luxury tax if it means keeping a core together that can win. I just dont see them spending that amount of money on barnes and ezeli.

Monta is beast
06-07-2016, 07:41 PM
I read something earlier today that said if the warriors were going to get durant there squad afterwards would be

Curry//livingston
Thompson
Durant
Green//looney
Ezeli

Fill out the rest of the bench with older vets

hugepatsfan
06-07-2016, 07:54 PM
The Warriors have $74.8M of active contracts on their team plus a cap hold of about $1M for the #30 pick. So using a $92M cap that gives them about $16.2M of cap space.

That figure includes Livingston's team option. It does not include qualifying offers to Barnes or Ezeli. The cap holds to maintain those two players bird rights is a total of $14.6M.

So in order to get Durant the Warriors would have to let Barnes/Ezeli go. And then they have to move Bogut without taking any salary back. And then considering there would be roster spot cap holds because you need 12 players they would need Durant to take a little bit less than the max to sign.

If they get Durant they'll only have 8 players - Durant, Curry, Thompson, Green, Iggy, Livingston, Lonney, #30 pick. The rest would all have to vet min guys. All of their other players would have to walk (unless they come back for minimum).

I don't think it's worth it for them. That's a great 6 but two of them (Iggy, Livingston) would be in their 30s. You'd have nothing to surround those main 4 guys with other than vet min guys and late 1st rounders (of which I believe they still owe next year's to Utah for the Iggy space clearing move). IMO, honestly, they're better off keeping the depth. Keep Ezeli and Barnes. I think they can get them at reasonable prices. A lot but reasonable. Keep this team together. They have a special group. Selling it all for Durant and leaving yourself with no real depth moving forward is too risky IMO.

EDIT: Forgot they have $800K of dead money for Jason Thompson so Durant would need to take that much more less, not that it's significant. He'd already have to take less and if he would do that $800K won't make a difference. Just adding for full disclosure.

JWO35
06-07-2016, 07:56 PM
Sign LeBron James to a 1yr max deal

AntiG
06-07-2016, 09:06 PM
re-sign all of the important players

convince Ray Allen to come out of retirement

likemystylez
06-07-2016, 10:38 PM
re-sign all of the important players

convince Ray Allen to come out of retirement

because the warriors really need to address their lack of outside shooting

likemystylez
06-07-2016, 10:40 PM
Sign LeBron James to a 1yr max deal

this isnt a horrible idea- if lebron wants to sign on the cheap- he could come here and catch kobe in the ring count before he retires. he wouldnt need to work as hard either cuz warriors move the ball so well. he might not have as great numbers, but hed have a blast playing with the warriors.

likemystylez
06-07-2016, 10:44 PM
I read something earlier today that said if the warriors were going to get durant there squad afterwards would be

Curry//livingston
Thompson
Durant
Green//looney
Ezeli

Fill out the rest of the bench with older vets

I think they could do a sign and trade with ezeli and barnes and do it for those 2 alone. theyd be in luxury tax, but then sign mozgov ont he cheap as a back up and reup barbosa and a couple ring chasing bench players. your fine.

ALso- bogut resigns on the cheap

Scoots
06-07-2016, 11:40 PM
this isnt a horrible idea- if lebron wants to sign on the cheap- he could come here and catch kobe in the ring count before he retires. he wouldnt need to work as hard either cuz warriors move the ball so well. he might not have as great numbers, but hed have a blast playing with the warriors.

AND he wouldn't have to play the Warriors.

ewing
06-07-2016, 11:45 PM
Party

likemystylez
06-07-2016, 11:53 PM
AND he wouldn't have to play the Warriors.

indeed

AntiG
06-08-2016, 12:00 AM

they are simply awful behind the arc

Saddletramp
06-08-2016, 01:12 AM
I think they could do a sign and trade with ezeli and barnes and do it for those 2 alone. theyd be in luxury tax, but then sign mozgov ont he cheap as a back up and reup barbosa and a couple ring chasing bench players. your fine.

ALso- bogut resigns on the cheap

Players can't be signed and traded together. And they can't be traded for another sign and traded player.

KnicksorBust
06-08-2016, 08:10 AM

:laugh:

likemystylez
06-08-2016, 08:52 AM
Players can't be signed and traded together. And they can't be traded for another sign and traded player.

ahhh... well then itd be tough.

wildbear
06-08-2016, 10:01 AM
Ezeli is a much bigger priority than Barnes. Throw something like a 4 year, $50 mil deal at Festus, and up the ante if you need to.

Let Barnes walk unless for some reason the market isn't too nice to him. He's a solid player and has potential, and his best ability is hitting huge shots in the crunch time for GS, but he really isn't needed. Besides, some team will offer him the max.

Sleights and Barbosa are guys you need to get back, and you'll get them on cheap deals. Rush and Varejao are guys you don't need, although if you can bring Varejao back on a really cheap deal then do it.

Now the question is who starts at SF. Iggy is the obvious choice but they may want to keep him as the super 6th man.

Curry - Livingston - Clark
Thompson - Barbosa
??? - Iggy
Green - Speights - Looney
Bogut - Ezeli - Varejao

Scoots
06-08-2016, 12:05 PM
ahhh... well then itd be tough.

LeBron could opt in on his deal and do a sign and trade for Barnes, then in a "separate" trade Ezeli could be traded.

There are always ways to get something done if you want to.

Scoots
06-08-2016, 12:08 PM
Ezeli is a much bigger priority than Barnes. Throw something like a 4 year, $50 mil deal at Festus, and up the ante if you need to.

Let Barnes walk unless for some reason the market isn't too nice to him. He's a solid player and has potential, and his best ability is hitting huge shots in the crunch time for GS, but he really isn't needed. Besides, some team will offer him the max.

Sleights and Barbosa are guys you need to get back, and you'll get them on cheap deals. Rush and Varejao are guys you don't need, although if you can bring Varejao back on a really cheap deal then do it.

Now the question is who starts at SF. Iggy is the obvious choice but they may want to keep him as the super 6th man.

Curry - Livingston - Clark
Thompson - Barbosa
??? - Iggy
Green - Speights - Looney
Bogut - Ezeli - Varejao

Or ... Looney gets Speights' minutes, and Noah gets Ezeli's minutes (and money).

As much as I don't trust Bogut's health, I trust it more than Ezeli's. Noah also has had health issues, but the Warriors are the perfect landing spot for him to keep his minutes down.

Monta is beast
06-10-2016, 04:12 AM
This is my ideal offseason.

Renounce Barnes restricted rights and let him become an unrestricted free agent. Total salary would be about 74 million, leaving us 18 million under the cap.

Sign Nicolas Batum

Re-sign Ezeli after signing Batum (allowed to go over the soft cap when re signing own players)

Use the mle to sign Darrel Arthur

PG: Curry//Livingston
SG: Thompson
SF: Batum//Iggy
PF: Green//Arthur//Looney
C: Bogut//Ezeli

That'd be a very nice offseason

Monta is beast
06-10-2016, 02:57 PM
A rumor just came out saying the warriors will match any offer on barnes so...

Oakmont_4
06-10-2016, 03:55 PM

Renounce Barnes restricted rights and let him become an unrestricted free agent. Total salary would be about 74 million, leaving us 18 million under the cap.

Sign Nicolas Batum

Re-sign Ezeli after signing Batum (allowed to go over the soft cap when re signing own players)

That won't work. You'd have to keep the cap hold on Ezeli in order to re-sign him. The cap hold counts against the cap so you wouldn't have the $18 mil to sign Batum. You'd have to relinquish the rights to Ezeli, but then you'd lose his bird rights. You could potentially use the MLE to bring back Ezeli though (I would think he gets more than that elsewhere though)

Oakmont_4
06-10-2016, 03:57 PM
A rumor just came out saying the warriors will match any offer on barnes so...

Not completely surprising. If they win, they stay the course. Probably match offers on Ezeli too. After next year Bogut and Iggy clear off their cap and they'll have plenty of money to re-sign Curry and continue the course. This team isn't going to make any big splashes in Free Agency. If anything they may work a trade for some minor pieces.

hugepatsfan
06-10-2016, 05:18 PM
I wouldn't mind the Celtics spending all their cap and then doing a S&T of Amir ($12M expiring) + Crowder (4 more years at like $7M/year) for Barnes. The numbers are close enough that BOS could give him a max deal and have the trade work. So they use their $40M of cap space on other guys and then do this deal, going a little over the cap.

Crowder does a lot of similar things to Barnes but is much cheaper. Not as good but he'll cost a little more than a quarter of what Barnes would on a max deal so it would really help them if they want to stay under the luxury tax and still be able to add pieces to replace Iggy/Bogut/Livingston next year while re-signing Curry.

s3antana5757
06-10-2016, 07:51 PM
If Durant is a realistic option, you have to entertain it. They'd be damn near impossible to stop. I understand that you'd have to renounce Barnes and trade Bogut, but they'd be crazy good. If they can't get Durant, I say you re-up Ezeli and Barnes, and see if you can get Gasol. Gasol would be FLAWLESS in that system. I mean just a perfect fit.

Monta is beast
06-11-2016, 02:59 AM
I wouldn't mind the Celtics spending all their cap and then doing a S&T of Amir ($12M expiring) + Crowder (4 more years at like $7M/year) for Barnes. The numbers are close enough that BOS could give him a max deal and have the trade work. So they use their $40M of cap space on other guys and then do this deal, going a little over the cap.

Crowder does a lot of similar things to Barnes but is much cheaper. Not as good but he'll cost a little more than a quarter of what Barnes would on a max deal so it would really help them if they want to stay under the luxury tax and still be able to add pieces to replace Iggy/Bogut/Livingston next year while re-signing Curry.

I think the warriors would consider that trade. Ive always like Crowder but hes not really an offensive threat. But if the discussions start around crowder im sure warriors would listen

zbgim
06-11-2016, 12:37 PM
The Warriors have about 20 million of salary cap space available next season. what should they do?http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/5.gifhttp://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/4.gif

jason
06-11-2016, 12:44 PM
Reports are coming out saying Warriors are ready to match offers for Barnes.

BKLYNpigeon
06-11-2016, 12:52 PM
Reports are coming out saying Warriors are ready to match offers for Barnes.

They're just saying that to scare teams away, so Barnes can play one more year for the Dubs on a Qualifying offer of about 5 mil, until he becomes a UFA.

BKLYNpigeon
06-11-2016, 12:54 PM
Batum is going to make 20+ million dollars. pass on that.

Rather pay Barns the 20mil. You can't bring in a guy like that to the warriors and be the highest paid player. You're better off taking care of your own guys first.

Personally don't want Stone Hands Ezili on the Warriors. I'm 50-50 on Barnes.

if we get Jokim and Marvin Willims / Luol Deng. id be happy.

42-15-7
06-11-2016, 12:58 PM
They should all get together and have a long heart-to-heart with Curry, who's made more boneheaded plays in the finals than he's made all year. That behind the back pass that turned into an easy dunk for the Cavs was a huge red flag that at the most important moment he didn't have his head in the game.

He's an amazing player, but that kind of styling will get you killed against a better team. He needs to dial it back, respect the game and his teammates, and start thinking like a basketball player again. If he does that, he's got a long run. If not, as soon as his shooting touch goes even a little bit, he's going to be just another guy on the floor.

Kush McDaniels
06-11-2016, 01:16 PM
Their future is going to be interesting. They're a great team because of their depth, and there's no chance in hell they will be able to fully replace the guys that are leaving over the next 2 years. They will probably never be this good ever again, but will still contend going forward.

TrueFan420
06-11-2016, 01:37 PM

Sign Nicolas Batum

Batum would be a great fit at the SF position

TheNumber37
06-11-2016, 01:46 PM
They need to retool and resign barnes. That's about it.

Ideally, they would sign Al Horfrod for 4 years 75 mil. Then resign Barnes for the same amount.

They'd probably trade their first round pick for the rights to a veteran or international player coming over right now.

Vet mins to band wagon players who can impact.

Scoots
06-11-2016, 01:50 PM
They should all get together and have a long heart-to-heart with Curry, who's made more boneheaded plays in the finals than he's made all year. That behind the back pass that turned into an easy dunk for the Cavs was a huge red flag that at the most important moment he didn't have his head in the game.

He's an amazing player, but that kind of styling will get you killed against a better team. He needs to dial it back, respect the game and his teammates, and start thinking like a basketball player again. If he does that, he's got a long run. If not, as soon as his shooting touch goes even a little bit, he's going to be just another guy on the floor.

As odd as it is, Curry hasn't faced that kind of double team too much during the season. He's got to learn to check if someone is doubling him behind and to the middle before he throws that pass, but to be fair in situations where you are doubled toward the side in the halfcourt you've GOT to get rid of the ball quickly.

jason
06-11-2016, 02:27 PM
Batum is going to make 20+ million dollars. pass on that.

Rather pay Barns the 20mil. You can't bring in a guy like that to the warriors and be the highest paid player. You're better off taking care of your own guys first.

Personally don't want Stone Hands Ezili on the Warriors. I'm 50-50 on Barnes.

if we get Jokim and Marvin Willims / Luol Deng. id be happy.

What? I want to keep Ezeli.. Hes not going to cost as much as Barnes and still kind of young

Monta is beast
06-11-2016, 03:50 PM
Im not sure how much Harrison Barnes max contract would be worth, but lets just say thats what it takes to bring him back. That takes all of our under the cap money. Then were left with the mid-level exception and the veterans minimum. I want Darell Arthur the MLE and bring Barbosa and Varejo back on a veterans minimum. Bring back Macadoo

Curry//Livingston
Thompson//Barbosa
Barnes//Iggy
Green//Arthur//Looney//Macadoo
Bogut//Varejo

Lose:
Ezeli
Speights
Rush
Clark

42-15-7
06-11-2016, 04:34 PM
As odd as it is, Curry hasn't faced that kind of double team too much during the season. He's got to learn to check if someone is doubling him behind and to the middle before he throws that pass, but to be fair in situations where you are doubled toward the side in the halfcourt you've GOT to get rid of the ball quickly.

I think the good news it that Curry and GS cleaned up most of their Game 3 mistakes last night. They came in clearly determined to limit turnovers, and they did. Very positive.

Curry just seems to be teetering between becoming a great basketball player (team oriented) and becoming a brand, and I'd hate to see him go to the dark side. He's a tremendous talent in the perfect system, with perfect players around him. If he just plays PG and takes available shots he's already death. No need to showboat.

(His current contract has to be frustrating, but I'm pretty sure he's doing all right with endorsements, and he'll get paid soon enough.)

TheNumber37
06-11-2016, 05:02 PM
Don't the WARRIORS own Barne's bird rights and can go over the cap to retain their own player. They can sign players, let the market set the price for Barnes and match and offer.

Monta is beast
06-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Don't the WARRIORS own Barne's bird rights and can go over the cap to retain their own player. They can sign players, let the market set the price for Barnes and match and offer.

Ya they would have to sign free agents first before retaining barnes

TrueFan420
06-11-2016, 06:12 PM

Yea but Barnes isn't worth maxing

Monta is beast
06-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Yea but Barnes isn't worth maxing

Reports are warriors are matching any offer hes given. I agree hes not a max player, but his versatility is worth allot to this team. I wont complain if hes back on a max

Scoots
06-11-2016, 08:06 PM
Ya they would have to sign free agents first before retaining barnes

They can sign players, but Barnes and Ezeli's cap holds are huge (just below $15M) and they can't go into that money for other players without renouncing them first.

Scoots
06-11-2016, 08:07 PM
I still hope the Warriors can convince Barnes to stay for less than the max and not wait for an offer. If they can scare away any other team from offering then they get him for 1 more year but could mess with the chemistry in the team.