Chris Paul (family ... Zika?)
Blake Griffin (quad)
Steph Curry (knee)
John Wall (knees)
LaMarcus Aldridge (hand)
James Harden (rest ... Zika?)
Russell Westbrook (rest ... Zika?)

All officially out of the Olympics.

Zika virus scare may keep some others away. (Iguodala)

KD may opt out in his free agent summer.

Melo's knee could keep him out.

So:
Guard
Lillard
Thompson
Westbrook
Harden
Conley
Butler

Forward:
James
Green
Leonard
Paul George? (bad memories)
Faried/Love/Hayward

Center:
Cousins/Drummond

That's a first guess based on what I know so far and who has been in the program because they made it clear anybody who was not at the camp last off-season will not be invited.

BKLYNpigeon
06-06-2016, 12:29 PM
Paul George is in. I believe he was selected to carry the Torch or Flag for Team USA.

To be Honest. The Olympic is a Money making Scam. Its just as corrupt as FIFA.

MygirlhatesCod
06-06-2016, 01:16 PM
sucks that so many names dropped. hopefully that will change the mindset of letting new names on. it would be a great opportunity for young guys like Wiggins or Russell to get a bit more experience and learn from the best.

warfelg
06-06-2016, 01:21 PM
I would think Iggy could go is he wants.

NBA has a few American bigs that would fit great in the FIBA rules that should be considered but won't. Drummond key among them.

warfelg
06-06-2016, 01:21 PM
sucks that so many names dropped. hopefully that will change the mindset of letting new names on. it would be a great opportunity for young guys like Wiggins or Russell to get a bit more experience and learn from the best.

Wiggins is Canadian. Kinda hard to play for USA.

Scoots
06-06-2016, 01:24 PM
Paul George is in. I believe he was selected to carry the Torch or Flag for Team USA.

To be Honest. The Olympic is a Money making Scam. Its just as corrupt as FIFA.

So is college and pro sports. Why change now what's been working all along :)

warfelg
06-06-2016, 01:33 PM
Don't forget the 1 college player to typically get an invite. I think it would be down to Ingram, Murray, Chriss.

tredigs
06-06-2016, 01:42 PM
Don't forget the 1 college player to typically get an invite. I think it would be down to Ingram, Murray, Chriss.
When is the last time a college player got an invite? Honestly I don't remember one since Laetner.

So glad Curry is out btw. Never seen the dude this dead for weeks at a time.

warfelg
06-06-2016, 01:42 PM
When is the last time a college player got an invite? Honestly I don't remember one since Laetner.

AD. Morrison. Off the top of my head. They generally go for one every time.

Edit:
I call it a college player but usually a player that was just drafted. Impending rookie.

tredigs
06-06-2016, 01:47 PM
AD. Morrison. Off the top of my head. They generally go for one every time.

I don't ever remember Adam Morrison on Team USA... when?

AD I do recall as an injury sub for Blake early on. Thought he was already in the league, but maybe not.

Overall though a college player could be fun, but it's not really the same in the 1-done era. They're just not ready to play with these dudes.

valade16
06-06-2016, 01:49 PM
I remember Lillard was pretty mad at not getting the camp invite or getting cut before, I'm not sure he plays either.

warfelg
06-06-2016, 02:03 PM
I don't ever remember Adam Morrison on Team USA... when?

AD I do recall as an injury sub for Blake early on. Thought he was already in the league, but maybe not.

Overall though a college player could be fun, but it's not really the same in the 1-done era. They're just not ready to play with these dudes.

Like I said. College player just about to be drafted. Most likely you want a young guy that could be a long term player like Ingram who would be versatile. Maybe 10 minutes all Olympics max, but mostly just hanging out and learning so when his times comes it's not a huge shock as to what to do.

Vincent
06-06-2016, 02:08 PM

Murray is Canadian

warfelg
06-06-2016, 02:17 PM
Murray is Canadian

Damn completely forgot.

Aust
06-06-2016, 02:21 PM
That would be sweet if Ingram was on the team. warfelg, get him off your sig. That jersey looks terrible on him :D

lamzoka
06-06-2016, 02:24 PM
Damien Lillard is not part of team USA
Wiggins is Canadian

kdspurman
06-06-2016, 04:31 PM
Aldridge is out due to his injured finger/hand per Marc Stein

ManningToTyree
06-06-2016, 04:35 PM
I think Melo will play he talked about being excited for it toward the end of the regular season.

tredigs
06-06-2016, 04:50 PM
With so many stars already out, I think it would be cool to send a team without any current All-Stars. It would bring parity and they'd still be favorites I'm sure. Let me try to tinker a roster here...

PG: Lillard (Conley)
SG: Oladipo (McCollum)
SF: Hayward (Iguodala)
PF: Favors (Amir Johnson)
C: Towns (Plumlee)

That team's the favorites going in, right?

Scoots
06-06-2016, 04:53 PM
Damien Lillard is not part of team USA
Wiggins is Canadian

No, Lillard was convinced to re-join months ago.

Scoots
06-06-2016, 05:03 PM
With so many stars already out, I think it would be cool to send a team without any current All-Stars. It would bring parity and they'd still be favorites I'm sure. Let me try to tinker a roster here...

According to Team USA Basketball the roster is to be chosen from this list and nobody else:

LaMarcus Aldridge (San Antonio Spurs); Anthony; Harrison Barnes (Golden State Warriors); Bradley Beal (Washington Wizards); Jimmy Butler (Chicago Bulls); Mike Conley (Memphis Grizzlies); DeMarcus Cousins (Sacramento Kings); Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors); Anthony Davis (New Orleans Pelicans); DeMar DeRozan (Toronto Raptors); Andre Drummond (Detroit Pistons); Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder); Kenneth Faried (Denver Nuggets); Rudy Gay (Sacramento Kings); Paul George (Indiana Pacers); Draymond Green (Golden State Warriors); Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers); James Harden (Houston Rockets); Gordon Hayward (Utah Jazz); Dwight Howard (Houston Rockets); Andre Iguodala (Golden State Warriors); Kyrie Irving (Cleveland Cavaliers); James; DeAndre Jordan (Los Angeles Clippers); Kawhi Leonard (San Antonio Spurs); Kevin Love (Cleveland Cavaliers); Chris Paul (Los Angeles Clippers); Klay Thompson (Golden State Warriors); John Wall (Washington Wizards); Damian Lillard (Portland Trailblazers); and Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder).

Vincent
06-06-2016, 05:14 PM

Karl Anthony Towns is on the Dominican Olympic Team

HoodedSB
06-07-2016, 03:42 PM
Well with everyone sitting out it might actually be competitive, and worth watching for once

Scoots
06-12-2016, 01:34 AM
Harden and Westbrook have withdrawn.