PDA

View Full Version : Best way to watch the Sox game?

AmberHenely
06-06-2016, 02:20 AM
Hi Guys, new here!
I've been struggling to find a decent way to watch the games since I travel a lot. I heard about MLB.TV which is an internet based service.

Has anyone tried it and would you recommend it?

Thanks for the help! :)

RedSoxtober
06-06-2016, 10:10 AM
Hi Guys, new here!
I've been struggling to find a decent way to watch the games since I travel a lot. I heard about MLB.TV which is an internet based service.

Yes, I live out of market and generally stream MLB.tv thru my Apple TV. It's not quite the same as "real" TV but close enough to enjoy the game. Being able to stream it on my phone or ipad when I'm away from home is an obvious plus.

cocossox
06-07-2016, 05:12 PM
Yes, I live out of market and generally stream MLB.tv thru my Apple TV. It's not quite the same as "real" TV but close enough to enjoy the game. Being able to stream it on my phone or ipad when I'm away from home is an obvious plus. I am in Portland Maine can I watch using that instead of paying for cable?

AmberHenely
06-08-2016, 05:05 AM
Thanks for the quick replies guys :) I also don't live in the blackout area at the moment so MLB.TV is a great service for me. I read about it a lot yesterday and I think I'll join. Me and my friend have found a way to get a nice discount if we subscribe together. And we already have 2 people joined. So anyone that wants to get MLB.TV is welcome to join us as well so we could all get a bigger discount. Here's the link: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp?&jointv=join&groupid=1522529&source=sharelink&inviterid=YLJt0VUu6kTrDQwpMBGq823lUiPddOstXOHdlLqy rmvDOBgBi0TnmtYxhP7v1a86&invitername=Derek&product=jointv&j_product=1001107599999910221601000#jtvw_step:grou pReady=true

TheWave
06-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Hi Guys, new here!

This our second year subscribing to MLB.TV. Really like the service though I preferred having NESN on cable. There are no commercials on MLB.TV so in between innings it's a static MLB logo until the next inning begins. We miss the NESN post game show with Tom Caron. When the game ends the MLB.TV feed abruptly ends. We cut the cord a couple years ago, so these are minor quips and wouldn't cause me to go back to cable. The game feed itself and audio is very good. We use Roku 3 to stream to our TV.

AmberHenely
06-09-2016, 02:50 AM
This our second year subscribing to MLB.TV. Really like the service though I preferred having NESN on cable. There are no commercials on MLB.TV so in between innings it's a static MLB logo until the next inning begins. We miss the NESN post game show with Tom Caron. When the game ends the MLB.TV feed abruptly ends. We cut the cord a couple years ago, so these are minor quips and wouldn't cause me to go back to cable. The game feed itself and audio is very good. We use Roku 3 to stream to our TV.

That sounds great! Thanks for the detailed reply :)

RedSoxtober
06-09-2016, 11:28 AM
I am in Portland Maine can I watch using that instead of paying for cable?

Yes... provided you have internet access (which, for me, is linked to my cable provider).

cocossox
06-09-2016, 02:23 PM
Yes... provided you have internet access (which, for me, is linked to my cable provider). but with mlb.tv I think the red sox games are blacked out, not sure how that works?

RedSoxtober
06-09-2016, 03:54 PM
but with mlb.tv I think the red sox games are blacked out, not sure how that works?

Check this: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/blackout.jsp