PDA

View Full Version : Who are you rooting for in the Finals?

Aust
06-02-2016, 06:06 PM
Between the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers, who do you want to win the 2016 NBA Finals?

*If you are a fan of either of these two teams, vote for the 3rd option. This poll is mainly for neutral basketball fans.

TheMightyHumph
06-02-2016, 07:56 PM
I voted Warriors

FOXHOUND
06-02-2016, 08:14 PM
Warriors

I want to see them cement their season and silence the critics.

archdevil84
06-02-2016, 08:47 PM
cavs. i want lebron to win more championships

jerellh528
06-02-2016, 08:58 PM
Warriors because I like steph, and hate Dan Gilbert. I hope Cleveland never wins a championship under Gilbert's ownership. Plus I don't want golden states historic season to go to waste

D-Leethal
06-02-2016, 10:39 PM
#NeverLeBron

ewing
06-02-2016, 10:46 PM
I'd like to see Curry get injured and the Warriors still win.

numba1CHANGsta
06-02-2016, 10:49 PM
cavs. i want lebron to win more championships

He's not with the Heat anymore

goingfor28
06-02-2016, 11:27 PM
Cavs, for the city of Cleveland.

I also find Draymond Green to be the most annoying person in sports.

TheNumber37
06-02-2016, 11:56 PM
Which way to do you want to see the League go.

Cavs have the NBA's highest payroll, Lebron assembled his Avengers in one Summer to go 6 straight Finals.

OR.

A team built over years playing an innovative entertaining brand of basketball.

I hope Gm/Owners squash the Idea of a "Big 3" and focus on massive team building.

bucketss
06-03-2016, 12:14 AM
cavs because i want lebron to win one more.
i honestly don't care about cleveland and their drought, and personally find their fans annoying/cocky. so i guess this ones a bit hard. i wanted okc to win it all though i feel really bad for durant

Scoots
06-03-2016, 02:00 AM
I'd like to see Curry get injured and the Warriors still win.

Jeez dude. Not cool :)

LivinLakers
06-03-2016, 02:12 AM
I am rooting for the Cavs. I am not a Lebron fan, but I would really like to see the city of Cleveland finally get a championship. I would hate to be a sports fan living in Cleveland. So this would at least lessen my pity for them a little.

Gagan136
06-03-2016, 02:29 AM
Id like to see LeBron win with Cle, if he loses hes gunna have that 2 and 5 record in the finals and people are gunna abuse the hell out of that. This is the first time in my life that im actually wanting lebron to win lol. If not its pretty sick to see the Warriors win B2B, i mean think about it 3 years ago did anyone ever think GS would become this?

nastynice
06-03-2016, 03:55 AM
As much as I wanted to see lebron bring one to Cleveland, there's only one team I would root for over them in the finals, and of course that's my dubs! :)

KnicksorBust
06-03-2016, 07:31 AM
I'd love to see Steph go off and drop 50 point games and win FMVP... but there is a scenario where I would prefer the Warriors lose. If my choices were:

A) Warriors win and Curry plays decent while Iguodala/Klay/Green win MVP.
B) Cavs win and LeBron plays like the GOAT.

I would take the Cavs. I want to see greatness in this finals. The rematch. 73 wins. LeBron's Legacy. The stage is set for more than we saw in Game 1.

Tony_Starks
06-03-2016, 08:57 AM
Luke Waltons team.

GREATNESS ONE
06-03-2016, 09:22 AM
Beat the Cavs! Gilbert can eat it!

archdevil84
06-03-2016, 09:25 AM
He's not with the Heat anymore

stil my 2nd favorite player tho

RowBTrice
06-03-2016, 09:40 AM
#NeverLeBron

yup

Captain Moroni
06-03-2016, 09:53 AM
I want to see the Warriors a small market team become the greatest team of all time. That is awesome for the game and the NBA.

Hawkeye15
06-03-2016, 10:03 AM
could care less. Just hoping for a good series. So far, borefest

Hawkeye15
06-03-2016, 10:03 AM
I want to see the Warriors a small market team become the greatest team of all time. That is awesome for the game and the NBA.

Cleveland is as small as it gets.....especially compared to the Bay Area

europagnpilgrim
06-03-2016, 10:35 AM
Jeez dude. Not cool :)

Not cool at all by a longshot, and to top it off he is playing hurt/injured since his first round setback

on that note I always pull for the underdog but Warriors are the defending champs for a reason

europagnpilgrim
06-03-2016, 10:40 AM

I wouldn't consider them a small market team since the entire state and probably west coast as a whole are rooting for them, the state of Cali is huge with numerous professional teams, they essentially replaced the Lakers who were dominant prior decades and the Clippers took over the actual city of LA as far as contending wise

Cali is not a small market no matter the team, its 1a to NY market

Cali alone has like what 4 NFL teams? that is not small by any means

JWO35
06-03-2016, 10:52 AM
#NeverLeBron

#AnybodyButCleveland

BKLYNpigeon
06-03-2016, 11:04 AM
Warriors!

But I want to see a better effort from CLE. I want to be entertained.

mgjohnson7851
06-03-2016, 11:18 AM
GSW disgusts me so obviously I'm rooting for the Cavs.

YAALREADYKNO
06-03-2016, 11:45 AM
The Cavs but the Warriors will win

mrblisterdundee
06-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Regardless of what I think about Dan Gilbert's possible predatory lending practices, Cleveland deserves a championship. The Warriors, I think, are becoming a new favorite team to hate, especially with their Silicon Valley owners abandoning more working-class Oakland for trendy, elitist San Francisco.

PowerHouse
06-03-2016, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't consider them a small market team since the entire state and probably west coast as a whole are rooting for them, the state of Cali is huge with numerous professional teams, they essentially replaced the Lakers who were dominant prior decades and the Clippers took over the actual city of LA as far as contending wise

Cali is not a small market no matter the team, its 1a to NY market

Cali alone has like what 4 NFL teams? that is not small by any means

Very incorrect on the bold. So-Cal and Nor-Cal may as well be separate states, they despise each other. (and that's not limited to just sports)

GREATNESS ONE
06-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Very incorrect on the bold. So-Cal and Nor-Cal may as well be separate states, they despise each other. (and that's not limited to just sports)

True about Cali unless you're a Raiders fan, which we are united as one, Raider Nation.

Chronz
06-03-2016, 03:14 PM
Emotionally, I want the underdog city to finally win. Financially, it would've been a huge mistake to bet on Cleveland.

jerellh528
06-03-2016, 03:30 PM

Us in SoCal don't really despise NorCal at all, we rarely even think about them. It's NorCal that has a weird complex.

lol, please
06-03-2016, 03:39 PM
GSW disgusts me so obviously I'm rooting for the Cavs.
:confused:

Not true at all.

With some people they have that mentality, a sort of rivalry like I think Ohio or Illinois has, but these days, and with people like me, there is not north and south "beef". I love LA, San Diego, and since they are not even in the same league/conference, I have no problem cheering for the A's, or Raiders.

A few people will jump on me for that, but if you ask them for a good reason to hate the Raiders/A's, they can't come up with one. Trust me, I challege people to it alllll the time.

And tons of people from socal live in the bay area and vica versa. It's all love here.

Monta is beast
06-03-2016, 03:54 PM
Im from nor cal and i dont like so cal...everyone has different opinions.

europagnpilgrim
06-03-2016, 04:46 PM

I am very correct, for instance when the Mavs-Heat or Spurs-Heat played the entire state of Texas was more so pulling for the Texas teams regardless if Rockets fans hated Spurs/Mavs just to keep it in state, its a reason why the Lakers fell off and another Cali team came and grabbed the bull by its horns, even Clippers got better to keep the LA sector relevant

when USC played Texas in college championship years back I bet so-cal and nor-cal were pulling for USC, or do you think one side wanted Texas to win to keep the fake hate on cue? I think they put fake hate aside and rooted for the Cali school

and my main point was saying how Warriors wasn't a small market, not deciding on who would be rooting for them in the actual state, Cali is a huge huge market as a total, which includes all professional teams which they have a boatload full, Titanic style

you cant be a small market and have 20 professional teams in state/surrounding areas, I am guessing the number but you get my point right?

Chronz
06-03-2016, 06:26 PM
Urs is definitely the vibe my friends gotten since moving there .

Monta is beast
06-03-2016, 07:03 PM
Different bread of ppl up there. Nor cal is where it's at

flea
06-03-2016, 07:13 PM
when USC played Texas in college championship years back I bet so-cal and nor-cal were pulling for USC, or do you think one side wanted Texas to win to keep the fake hate on cue? I think they put fake hate aside and rooted for the Cali school

Maybe that's how it works for West Coast fanbases but I guarantee you every Texas A&M fan was rooting for USC that day. College football hate isn't fake, it's a sport very much about loyalties (at least in the parts of the country where people care).

The NBA is like the WWE though, so I understand your point. It's about storylines and celebrity gossip and shoes. Like I generally do in a Finals where I don't particularly care one way or the other, I'm rooting for the underdog. I don't particularly enjoy either team's style but I like watching Lebron - hope he knocks them off.

nastynice
06-03-2016, 08:04 PM

I'm from central Cali, so I'm just pro Cali in general. I'm biased to NorCal tho since I lived there a few years and also on the surface people are just hella real compared to Hollywood. But every time my team is out of it, I revert to any other Cali team still in the running, cuz I rather a chip be on the west coast than not.

I also got some chi town love. My 2nd home :)

I'll tell u one thing tho, I am NEVER leaving Cali again. Thers nothing like it

jason
06-03-2016, 08:44 PM
I'm from central Cali, so I'm just pro Cali in general. I'm biased to NorCal tho since I lived there a few years and also on the surface people are just hella real compared to Hollywood. But every time my team is out of it, I revert to any other Cali team still in the running, cuz I rather a chip be on the west coast than not.

I also got some chi town love. My 2nd home :)

I'll tell u one thing tho, I am NEVER leaving Cali again. Thers nothing like it
Central Coast here too! :hi5:

Saddletramp
06-03-2016, 09:13 PM
Never been to Cleveland (although I lived in the Detroit 'burbs a little when I was young and that counts, right?) but I've spent a little time in the Bay Area visiting friends a few years back and I loved it. Didn't stay long enough to gauge the people but I just got the feeling that they weren't very authentic.*

I want the Cavs to win though because of just a few simple reasons.
1) Never knew why people hate Lebron so much but I like him because of the unwarranted hate. Old story, though.
2) Draymond is probably the biggest chumpstain in team sports today (and he's one domestic violence abuse claim away from taking the top spot from Mayweather for worst twatbag in sports in general).
3) A lot of the Warriors fans I've encountered here and elsewhere just seen sorta......well, you know.
4) I'm not really a fan of venture capitalists getting bored and buying teams and treating sports team ownership as a new hobby and pumping in boatloads of money and outspending everyone in things that are uncapped. One of the reasons I quit being a Mavs fan shortly after Cuban bought them. Just doesn't feel right to me. I get that most (every?) team owner made their money from outside interests (unless they're family owned the team for generations) but these new guys are just using it as a dick waving contest, it seems for more cred in their rich Internet bubble. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it bugs me.

*Also, is San Fran the dick face bum capital of the world? Couldn't go 2 blocks.......

nastynice
06-04-2016, 02:50 AM
Central Coast here too! :hi5:

:cheers: I'm in the valley, but lived in Monterey/Carmel area for a couple yrs

Bostonjorge
06-05-2016, 04:08 PM
I'm a Warriors fan for 3 more games all the way until this season is over. After that the Warriors can go to strait to ****.

Saddletramp
06-05-2016, 05:23 PM
I'm a Warriors fan for 3 more games all the way until this season is over. After that the Warriors can go to strait to ****.

^Lebron haters have no agenda. :eyeroll:

Guessing :eyeroll: doesn't work but rest assured, I'm definitely rolling my eyes.

lol, please
06-05-2016, 06:01 PM
I love California, born and raised, but I am looking for an excuse to get the heck out of dodge. Taxation is insane, and the cost of living is just awful.

The cons have far out weighed the pros for a while now.

I could just have so much money almost everywhere else and I can't consider myself to be making intelligent financial decisions if I don't do something about that sooner or later.

sent from my Note 5 on Tapatalk

Aust
06-05-2016, 07:59 PM

Guessing :eyeroll: doesn't work but rest assured, I'm definitely rolling my eyes.

:rolleyes: :roll_eyes:

Saddletramp
06-05-2016, 09:05 PM
:rolleyes: :roll_eyes:

Thanks. I can use that on almost every post.

Saddletramp
06-05-2016, 09:13 PM
I love California, born and raised, but I am looking for an excuse to get the heck out of dodge. Taxation is insane, and the cost of living is just awful.

The cons have far out weighed the pros for a while now.

I could just have so much money almost everywhere else and I can't consider myself to be making intelligent financial decisions if I don't do something about that sooner or later.

Everybody that I know who lives in Califirnia says this (except for the really successful ones) but when I ask them why don't they leave they say it's just too dang gorgeous and the weather is always awesome (except for this drought). We were offered a free house (well, it had no plumbing but we were going to pay for that as rent and then be rent free going forward) on my buddy's expansive property up in Windsor and we thought long and hard about it. In the end, we bought a house here in Galveston and I don't regret my decision at all. Especially after he just sold his property for twice what he bought it for. :)

Texas isn't perfect, what with the humidity and red state stupidity, but I love it. Always have.

Kush McDaniels
06-05-2016, 10:11 PM
I don't like the Cavs but I'm rooting for them. It's weird because I technically like the Warriors, and I don't particularly like the guys on the Cavs, but I just don't feel like hopping on the Warriors' bandwagon. The guys on the Warriors are pretty damn likable.

lol, please
06-05-2016, 11:53 PM
Everybody that I know who lives in Califirnia says this (except for the really successful ones) but when I ask them why don't they leave they say it's just too dang gorgeous and the weather is always awesome (except for this drought). We were offered a free house (well, it had no plumbing but we were going to pay for that as rent and then be rent free going forward) on my buddy's expansive property up in Windsor and we thought long and hard about it. In the end, we bought a house here in Galveston and I don't regret my decision at all. Especially after he just sold his property for twice what he bought it for. :)

Texas isn't perfect, what with the humidity and red state stupidity, but I love it. Always have.
I think I'm different from alot of Californians in that my idea of gorgeous weather is hot weather, not the season less moderate weather that makes up much of the state.

I was born in SF but hate the fog and wind there.

I like Texas weather and AZ weather because it's dry heat and I love that.

California is overrated in many ways imo.

I would hate to have to get a new DL and license plate though. Let me live elsewhere but let me rep my state lol.

Scoots
06-06-2016, 01:26 AM

They have an agenda, it just starts and ends with the first two words of your post ... to hate LeBron.

Scoots
06-06-2016, 01:26 AM
I think I'm different from alot of Californians in that my idea of gorgeous weather is hot weather, not the season less moderate weather that makes up much of the state.

I was born in SF but hate the fog and wind there.

I like Texas weather and AZ weather because it's dry heat and I love that.

California is overrated in many ways imo.

I would hate to have to get a new DL and license plate though. Let me live elsewhere but let me rep my state lol.

I'm moving to Texas ... and it is not DRY heat there :)

Saddletramp
06-06-2016, 04:50 AM
I'm moving to Texas ... and it is not DRY heat there :)

Where to?

Scoots
06-06-2016, 09:02 AM
Where to?
Austin area.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

BKLYNpigeon
06-06-2016, 09:26 AM
I was Born and raised in the Bay Area. Went to college in NYC and never left.

The city is dirty, weather awful at times, but its the Best city in the world.

koreancabbage
06-06-2016, 09:53 AM
i don't care if Lebron doesn't win another championship but i want him to win one for Cleveland. just one. if he plays the rest of his career in cleveland and wins 1. that 1 will go a long way.